PDA

View Full Version : Little, Sharpe, TD among HOF semifinalists

SoCalBronco
11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2009/11/28/class-of-2010-semifinalists-announced-/

The complete list of 25 modern-era semifinalists is as follows:

Cliff Branch, WR – 1972-1985 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
Tim Brown, WR/KR – 1988-2003 Los Angeles/Oakland Raiders, 2004 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Cris Carter, WR – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins
Don Coryell, Coach – 1973-77 St. Louis Cardinals, 1978-1986 San Diego Chargers
Roger Craig, RB – 1983-1990 San Francisco 49ers, 1991 Los Angeles Raiders, 1992-93 Minnesota Vikings
Terrell Davis, RB – 1995-2001 Denver Broncos
Dermontti Dawson, C – 1988-2000 Pittsburgh Steelers
Richard Dent, DE – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles
Chris Doleman, DE/LB – 1985-1993, 1999 Minnesota Vikings, 1994-95 Atlanta Falcons, 1996-98 San Francisco 49ers
Kevin Greene, LB/DE – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams, 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers, 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers, 1997 San Francisco 49ers
Russ Grimm, G – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins
Ray Guy, P – 1973-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
Charles Haley, DE/LB – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers, 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
Lester Hayes, CB – 1977-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
Rickey Jackson, LB – 1981-1993 New Orleans Saints, 1994-95 San Francisco 49ers
Cortez Kennedy, DT – 1990-2000 Seattle Seahawks
Art Modell, Owner – 1961-1995 Cleveland Browns, 1996-2003 Baltimore Ravens
John Randle, DT – 1990-2000 Minnesota Vikings, 2001-03 Seattle Seahawks
Andre Reed, WR – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins
Jerry Rice, WR – 1985-2000 San Francisco 49ers, 2001-04 Oakland Raiders, 2004 Seattle Seahawks
Shannon Sharpe, TE – 1990-99, 2002-03 Denver Broncos, 2000-01 Baltimore Ravens
Emmitt Smith, RB – 1990-2002 Dallas Cowboys, 2003-04 Arizona Cardinals
Paul Tagliabue, Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League
Steve Tasker, Special Teams/WR – 1985-86 Houston Oilers, 1986-1997 Buffalo Bills
Aeneas Williams, CB/S – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals, 2001-04 St. Louis Rams

The list of 25 semifinalists will be reduced by mail ballot to 15 modern-era candidates. That list increases to 17 finalist nominees with the inclusion of the two recommended candidates of the Hall of Fame’s Seniors Committee. The Seniors Committee nominees, who were announced in August, are Dick LeBeau and Floyd Little. LeBeau played 14 seasons (1959-1972) at cornerback for the Detroit Lions. Little, a running back played nine seasons (1967-1975) for the Denver Broncos.

I'm pretty sure Shannon will make it this year. It might be tough for the other two because there are so many high quality names there, some of whom are absolute locks (Rice, Smith, possibly Brown etc.)

SoCalBronco
11-28-2009, 02:18 PM
IMO, it is a very good sign for TD that he's made the semifinal list a couple years in a row now during the first few years he has been eligible. He'll most likely miss out this year, but it seems likely he'll eventually get it in.

ZONA
11-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, there are some great names on that list but I'm gonna say these are the 5 that get in this year. Each of them have quite a few rings along with their great stats and then of course you have the commish who no doubt gets in on his first try.

Emmit Smith
Shannon Sharp
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley
Paul Tagliabue

brncs_fan
11-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, there are some great names on that list but I'm gonna say these are the 5 that get in this year. Each of them have quite a few rings along with their great stats and then of course you have the commish who no doubt gets in on his first try.

Emmit Smith
Shannon Sharp
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley
Paul Tagliabue

I could have swore he didn't make it last year.

UberBroncoMan
11-28-2009, 02:41 PM
This year is a nasty list...

Sharpe BETTER make it. He was the best TE to ever play the game when he quit.

I honestly don't see any way TD makes it this year.

Little will probably get screwed as well (no way they let two Broncos in).

Tim Brown and Cris Carter have the stats to get in.

broncosteven
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Emmit Smith
Shannon Sharp
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley
Paul Tagliabue

I am hoping it is
Smith,
Rice
Tags
And Little, maybe Sharpe but I doubt they allow 2 Broncos in one year.

They have to elect at least one Senior committee dude and I think Floyd has the backing this year from what I have found out recently.

TDmvp
11-28-2009, 06:55 PM
If Davis doesn't get in at some point the HOF is a complete fraud ...
TD MVP ...

ColoradoDarin
11-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Why is it limited to only 5 players per year? Stupid and arbitrary, just like sportswriters.

Meck77
11-28-2009, 07:19 PM
I think we're going to Canton again fellas.

Broncofan_H
11-28-2009, 08:27 PM
I think we're going to Canton again fellas.

That would be awesome!

extralife
11-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Lots of good players on that list. Is anyone else pissed off that Atwater can't even make the final 25 cut? First team all decade, zero respect.

Oh well, here's my five for this year (TD isn't making it, so I'll keep him off. He'll have to wait):

Rice
Emmitt
Sharpe
Carter
Doleman

bpc
11-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I doubt Atwater ever gets in. If he was in NY, Dallas, or Pitt, he'd be a first ballot guy.

BigPlayShay
11-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I could have swore he didn't make it last year.

A Commissioner is considered a contributor and does not have to wait the 5 years to be eligible for consideration. Tags has been up for consideration for the past 3 years and was passed over 3 straight times. I think he has an even harder chance this year considering the class.

BroncoBuff
11-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm still shocked Sharpe didn't make it last year ... what a joke.

Rice is the only stone-cold lock there.

That One Guy
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Many people have said that Tagliabue's best chance was the first year. He retired a very well liked guy but since then, a lot of problems have come to the forefront that he left for Goodell. The CBA failures are the biggest, of course. I don't know how anyone can expect him to make it at this point.

BroncoMan4ever
11-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Why is it limited to only 5 players per year? Stupid and arbitrary, just like sportswriters.
actually i think as many as 7 can go in any year

Chris
11-28-2009, 10:38 PM
TD!!! Nice to see the other broncs and steve tasker get in there

TheReverend
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Uhh

I'd include Emmitt in that "stone-cold lock" list...

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Uhh

I'd include Emmitt in that "stone-cold lock" list...

Yep....he is the NFL's all-time leading rusher.

Hogan11
11-28-2009, 11:01 PM
If Little gets passed over for Dick LeBeau, the Hall will be dead to me forever.

ColoradoDarin
11-29-2009, 04:47 AM
actually i think as many as 7 can go in any year

Yes, but the 2 for the senior selection I'm not counting.

TheReverend
11-29-2009, 10:56 AM
If Little gets passed over for Dick LeBeau, the Hall will be dead to me forever.

Really? When it's Dick LeBeau on the receiving end? A guy who's invented one of the most popular and effective defenses in NFL history, coached in the NFL for almost 35 years and had a thirteen year playing career?

Little should definitely be in, but there's scant few resumes better than LeBeau...

JJJ
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM

Emmit Smith
Shannon Sharp
Jerry Rice
Charles Haley
Paul Tagliabue

Coryell better get in before Tagliabue. Coryell ushered in a new era. What did Tagliabue ever really do that any decent executive could have done?

Durango
11-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I'm as awed by the achievements of Terrell Davis as anyone else, but he didn't play long enough to be a legitimate hall of famer. I understand that Gayle Sayers was a relatively short-term star and there may be a few more, but Sayers changed the game with his kick return and running back abilities. He had special qualities above and beyond anything the league had ever seen.

Terrell was an incredible RB who ran for 2000 one season and dominated the NFL for a couple of years. Great back, great memories, a thankful Bronco fan base, but no hall of famer. Just my humble opinion.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2009, 11:14 AM

You know there was this game named Emmitt Smith who played for the Cowboys during their second run at Super Bowls.

A lot of great players on that list and I cant believe Ray Guy still hasnt been in. When will voters realize that ST is an important part of a football game? They think it is just how far you can kick. We know this isnt true just from this year.

Archer81
11-29-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm as awed by the achievements of Terrell Davis as anyone else, but he didn't play long enough to be a legitimate hall of famer. I understand that Gayle Sayers was a relatively short-term star and there may be a few more, but Sayers changed the game with his kick return and running back abilities. He had special qualities above and beyond anything the league had ever seen.

Terrell was an incredible RB who ran for 2000 one season and dominated the NFL for a couple of years. Great back, great memories, a thankful Bronco fan base, but no hall of famer. Just my humble opinion.

TD played longer than Gale Sayers, with more yards and touchdowns. The statistics for both are too similar to say one player definately is a hof'er and the other is not. If Sayers is in, TD should be in.

Sayers: 991 att, 4956 yds, 39 tds 5.0 ypc. 112 Rec 1307 yds, 9 tds. 91 RET, 2781 yds, 6 tds, 30 ypr.

Davis: 1,655 att, 7606 yards, 4.6 ypc, 60 TD's; 169 rec, 1280 yds, 5 tds.

:Broncos:

nooner
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
It would rock if Shannon makes it and we all go again to Canton. I had a blast when Elway got in. I didnt get to go for Zim.

The Moops
11-29-2009, 06:45 PM
The Hall of Fame can elect a maximum of 7 and a minimum of 4 for the Hall of Fame. Here's the breakdown.

A maximum of 5 modern players can make it, and a maximum of 2 seniors candidates can make it for a max number of 7.

With only 2 seniors candidates, it should be a lock that both LeBeau and Little get the 2 seniors slots. Both are deserving. That used to be the case up until the last 2 years when Marshall Goldberg was denied in 2007 and Claude Humphrey was denied last year in 2008. I can understand why Goldberg was not elected. His stats were not the least impressive. Humphrey's snub, on the other hand, is a head scratcher. He was a 6-time Pro Bowler and named all-pro at least 2xs. Everyone talks about LeBeau as a shoo-in, but to be honest the only reason he is being nominated is because of his 35-plus years coaching as a defensive innovator. The thing is, he is supposed to be judged ONLY on his NFL playing career. Yes, he intercepted a lot of passes, but he also played on the other side of shut-down corner Lem Barney, so he got most of the passes his way. There are 20 DBs in the Hall of Fame and 4 of them are Lions. If you judge LeBeau on Pro Bowls, he falls WAY short. Only 3 Pro Bowls, and NEVER named All-Pro. Barney earned 7 Pro Bowls and 3 all-pros. The closest HOF DB to LeBeau has 5 Pro Bowls and at least 1 All-Pro designation. If you look at the record books for all-time interceptions most of the players in the top 10 played more than 30 years ago . . . that's because there were still rules to benefit defenses then. That's why Paul Krause is still the all-time leader even though he retired in 1979.

LeBeau will get in, because of his coaching career although no one will mention it. Kind of like the 800-lb gorilla in the room. Little, although not as well known outside of Colorado as LeBeau, is entirely deserving. 5 x Pro Bowler, 1 x All-Pro. Led NFL in rushing, AFC back-to-back in rushing, retired 7th all-time in NFL history, most complete RB of his era with over 12,000 yards, phenomenal pass receiver and kick returner, playing on a team that went 47-73-6.

Sorry for the tangent . . . a maximum of 5 modern players can make it. Most of the classes in the last 10 years have been 6 players, usually 4 modern and both (2) seniors candidates . . . although that has not been the case the last 2 years as noted . . .

colonelbeef
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Davis and Sharpe should both make it. Nalen as well.

Think about it this way. The 2000 Ravens will end up getting multiple players into the HOF, as will the 1999 Rams, and those teams only won 1 championship. the 97-98 Broncos were a dominant team

broncosteven
11-29-2009, 08:06 PM
The Hall of Fame can elect a maximum of 7 and a minimum of 4 for the Hall of Fame. Here's the breakdown.

A maximum of 5 modern players can make it, and a maximum of 2 seniors candidates can make it for a max number of 7.

With only 2 seniors candidates, it should be a lock that both LeBeau and Little get the 2 seniors slots. Both are deserving. That used to be the case up until the last 2 years when Marshall Goldberg was denied in 2007 and Claude Humphrey was denied last year in 2008. I can understand why Goldberg was not elected. His stats were not the least impressive. Humphrey's snub, on the other hand, is a head scratcher. He was a 6-time Pro Bowler and named all-pro at least 2xs. Everyone talks about LeBeau as a shoo-in, but to be honest the only reason he is being nominated is because of his 35-plus years coaching as a defensive innovator. The thing is, he is supposed to be judged ONLY on his NFL playing career. Yes, he intercepted a lot of passes, but he also played on the other side of shut-down corner Lem Barney, so he got most of the passes his way. There are 20 DBs in the Hall of Fame and 4 of them are Lions. If you judge LeBeau on Pro Bowls, he falls WAY short. Only 3 Pro Bowls, and NEVER named All-Pro. Barney earned 7 Pro Bowls and 3 all-pros. The closest HOF DB to LeBeau has 5 Pro Bowls and at least 1 All-Pro designation. If you look at the record books for all-time interceptions most of the players in the top 10 played more than 30 years ago . . . that's because there were still rules to benefit defenses then. That's why Paul Krause is still the all-time leader even though he retired in 1979.

LeBeau will get in, because of his coaching career although no one will mention it. Kind of like the 800-lb gorilla in the room. Little, although not as well known outside of Colorado as LeBeau, is entirely deserving. 5 x Pro Bowler, 1 x All-Pro. Led NFL in rushing, AFC back-to-back in rushing, retired 7th all-time in NFL history, most complete RB of his era with over 12,000 yards, phenomenal pass receiver and kick returner, playing on a team that went 47-73-6.

Sorry for the tangent . . . a maximum of 5 modern players can make it. Most of the classes in the last 10 years have been 6 players, usually 4 modern and both (2) seniors candidates . . . although that has not been the case the last 2 years as noted . . .

I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about Floyd getting in this year.

lex
11-29-2009, 08:22 PM

Terrell should be in. RBs are judged for their best years and Terrell had some amazing years. All he's missing is a couple of 1000 yard seasons. He has the part thats hall of fame worthy. Just to put it in perspective, Curtis Martin will get in for being very good for a long time...but he was never great. Not great like Terrell was. The very good for a long time argument was what kept Monk from getting in. Davis clearly has the great criteria.

Its not just Gayle Sayers who didnt have longevity. Check out Earl Campbell.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CampEa00.htm

He only really had 5 good years. Davis had 95,96,97,98 that, in totality, can be considered great. Plus he won two SBs and was a SB MVP, something Campbell never did.

Larry Csonka is also a HOFer. Check out how many "great" seasons he had.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CsonLa00.htm

Atwater His Ass
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
I just don't understand players like Martin that have a chance. He was never once in his career the best RB in the NFL. Yet people think he should be in the HoF, which is supposed to be for the best players EVER.

How can a guy who was never the best RB for even 1-year when he played be considered the best of his generation, let alone one of the best of all-time.

Just because a guy was fortunate enough not to suffer any serious injuries (until he was already way past his prime) doesn't qualify him for the HoF in my mind, 4th highest rushing yardage total or not.

lex
11-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I just don't understand players like Martin that have a chance. He was never once in his career the best RB in the NFL. Yet people think he should be in the HoF, which is supposed to be for the best players EVER.

How can a guy who was never the best RB for even 1-year when he played be considered the best of his generation, let alone one of the best of all-time.

Just because a guy was fortunate enough not to suffer any serious injuries (until he was already way past his prime) doesn't qualify him for the HoF in my mind, 4th highest rushing yardage total or not.

Im not going to say he doesnt deserve to be in but I dont think he deserves to be in over Davis for precisely the reason you mentioned.

Hogan11
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
I have a warm and fuzzy feeling about Floyd getting in this year.

I'd like to believe that, but it's his last year of eligibility No? Given the ECB and the hardon for LeBeau in the press...I'm not as optimistic.

That's why I said the HOF will be dead to me totally if Little doesn't get in......not only does he deserve it on career grounds, but he's also my fave Bronco of all time, so yeah, I'm biased and I don't give a **** about that.

Either he gets in or I'm not planning on any trips to Canton, period.

TheChamp24
11-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Davis and Sharpe should both make it. Nalen as well.

Think about it this way. The 2000 Ravens will end up getting multiple players into the HOF, as will the 1999 Rams, and those teams only won 1 championship. the 97-98 Broncos were a dominant team

I doubt the 1999 Rams get a ton of players. You're looking at Marshall Faulk and Orlando Pace with the best chances, with Kurt Warner.
People might argue Bruce and Holt, but they don't belong in the HoF.

The 2000 Ravens you have Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden, with two HoFers who played for them but will go in with a different team those being Sharpe and Rod Woodson.

Our 2 Super Bowl winning teams had a lot of guys that fit the team extremely well, that were good players but not HoF type guys like McCaffrey, Crocket, Gordon, Braxton, Mobley, Romanowski, Griffith, etc.

I will say Atwater needs to get in, but he never will I'm afraid.

Crushaholic
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Sharpe will get in. TD's career was cut short, so I'm really not sure about him. If I was on the committee and there was a choice between Davis and Little, I would take Little in a heartbeat....

Tombstone RJ
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Locks should be Rice, Smith and Sharpe.

B-Love
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I doubt the 1999 Rams get a ton of players. You're looking at Marshall Faulk and Orlando Pace with the best chances, with Kurt Warner.
People might argue Bruce and Holt, but they don't belong in the HoF.

The 2000 Ravens you have Ray Lewis and Jonathan Ogden, with two HoFers who played for them but will go in with a different team those being Sharpe and Rod Woodson.

Our 2 Super Bowl winning teams had a lot of guys that fit the team extremely well, that were good players but not HoF type guys like McCaffrey, Crocket, Gordon, Braxton, Mobley, Romanowski, Griffith, etc.

I will say Atwater needs to get in, but he never will I'm afraid.

If you don't think Torry Holt is going to the Hall of Fame you're nuts!

broncosteven
11-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd like to believe that, but it's his last year of eligibility No? Given the ECB and the hardon for LeBeau in the press...I'm not as optimistic.

That's why I said the HOF will be dead to me totally if Little doesn't get in......not only does he deserve it on career grounds, but he's also my fave Bronco of all time, so yeah, I'm biased and I don't give a **** about that.

Either he gets in or I'm not planning on any trips to Canton, period.

You know both Dick and Floyd can get in, one will not knock the other out right?

It is up to Legwold to seal the deal but I got a good feeling about it and I am the biggest pessimist on this board!

The Moops
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
For some reason Peter King continues to mention Floyd Little in a negative during his MMQB column. Today he blamed Broncos fans for using foul language in response to his tweet about why Floyd wasn't in the Hall of Fame.

He could have easily not commented on the actions of a few over zealous twitter responses who called King names.

The thing is, King has a powerful voice when it comes to influencing HOF voters. Most of these writers have not thought about Floyd Little and the upcoming HOF vote Super Bowl weekend. But they read King's column, I'm sure. King feels compelled to say Floyd isn't in because of the "one 1,000 yard season, 3.9 average and 54 yards rushing average per game." Although King is extremely short-sighted in his evaluation and continues to ignore the rushing crowns, 7th all-time rusher distinction, 5 Pro Bowls, 1 All-Pro, saving the franchise, etc., I'm sure some of these HOF voters only know Floyd Little from what King has written.

That's ok. Floyd will get his day before the committee. Legwold will do a great job presenting Floyd's impact on the NFL and the Broncos organization, so please if you're going to follow King's tweets and comment on them at least be courteous and discuss why you disagree with him in an upstanding way. Don't cuss the guy out!

We don't want guys like King pissed at Broncos fans. The HOF snubs Broncos enough as it is . . .

I still believe when all is said and done, King will support Floyd for the HOF. Paul Zimmerman, his friend and mentor, has long supported Floyd and I'm sure King knows this.

spdirty
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Really hope Little makes it.

The Moops
11-30-2009, 08:44 PM
I believe Little getting in will open the door for others like Gradishar, TJackson, and more . . .

Atwater His Ass
12-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't know why you guys do this every year. Every year it's a dissapointment and every year you all write off the HoF, only to come back again to set yourself up again.

All you can do is appreciate the history of your team and what certain people have brought to it.

Getting yourself all worked up over the bias and ignorance just doesn't make sense to me at all.

If a guy like Sharpe isn't a first ballot HoF player, then I don't know what is. I still think to this day it PAINED the voters to put Elway in and they had an easier time voting Zimmerman because he spent a significant time of his career in Minnesota.

broncosteven
12-01-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't know why you guys do this every year. Every year it's a dissapointment and every year you all write off the HoF, only to come back again to set yourself up again.

Why should this be any different than watching the team year in and year as they try to win a SB?

Atwater His Ass
12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Why should this be any different than watching the team year in and year as they try to win a SB?

Because the team can control its own destiny during a regular season by its performance on the field. And as a fan you can have a small part in that by going to the games and supporting the team. This is a black and white, win-lose process.

They, you nor anybody else can do **** when it comes to the HoF process. It's a grey area of subjectivity and resembels if anything, some popularity contest similiar to voting for prom king/queen. If writing letters, making apperances, speaking up for guys, etc., mattered at all to the voters we'd have more than 1.5 guys in the HoF.

But if you want to continue to be disapointed year in and year out, be my guest.

The Moops
12-01-2009, 06:39 PM
There is a lot of subjectivity and east-coast bias in HOF voting . . . the Peter Kings of the world that have a national forum to espouse their subjective, agenda-focused views graph after graph, week after week, have influence over the typical HOF voter who doesn't think about the HOF until they're sitting in the room the day before the super bowl.

I think intelligent, persuasive, respectful discussion by fans via letters, emails, can have some impact with voters over time. So many people get caught up and insulted over fact that a guy like Sharpe isn't a first-ballot HOFer. I'm one of the few that believe even the Jerry Rices and Emmitt Smiths shouldn't be guaranteed first-ballot induction. There are a heck of a lot of outstanding football players who measure up, at least to Smith, that have been waiting years to be called.

Things have changed with the media's take on the HOF. Fran Tarkenton lost 3 Super Bowls but retired with virtually every passing record and was not a first or second-ballot HOFer. But today, a guy like Jim Kelly who lost 4 Super Bowls and might have finished near the bottom 10 in passing was a slam-dunk first ballot HOFer. There should have been no rush to get Kelly in the HOF.

I remember Michael Irvin got all worked up because he wasn't a first-ballot HOFer. Frankly, I don't think he was even the best wr to wear 88 for the Cowboys. Anyone who saw Drew Pearson play knows he was just as good if not better. He made the all decade team in the 70s and is never discussed.

Anyway, if Broncos fans don't continue to care then writers will stop considering our Broncos players.

Believe me . . .

broncosteven
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Anyway, if Broncos fans don't continue to care then writers will stop considering our Broncos players.

Believe me . . .

I agree, I do not know anyone who PM'ed me on helping with my email campaign.

If the losers here don't like it and haven't tried to help out with an email here or there they can shove it.

It is amazing that the HOF voters read their email and take the time to reply to a fan like me.

Hogan11
12-02-2009, 07:42 AM
You know both Dick and Floyd can get in, one will not knock the other out right?

It is up to Legwold to seal the deal but I got a good feeling about it and I am the biggest pessimist on this board!

I was not aware of this and thought it was an either/or deal. My apologies.

Rohirrim
12-02-2009, 07:58 AM
The way the Broncos have been treated over the years...

Let's just put it this way, if I'm traveling through Ohio, I don't bother with a detour to Canton.

Broncos - 6 SBs, 2 Championships, 2 in HOF
Chargers - 1 SB, 0 Championships, 6 in HOF
Chiefs - 1 SB, 1 Championship, 9 in the HOF
Raiders - 4 SBs, 3 Championships, 18 in HOF

The Moops
12-02-2009, 06:56 PM
It's easy to get frustrated with the HOF process. The Broncos have a long history of being snubbed. But fans have to continue to care. The Broncos organization does not hype its players for HOF consideration and many Denver writers are not as informed about the HOF as they could be.

Some teams like the Vikings are at the forefront of pushing their players as candidates. A few years back the organization coordinated a huge push to get Carl Eller in. It worked. The Broncos will never do that. That's why Broncos fans are so important.

The trick is to communicate intelligently to HOF voters without insulting them.

Nothing pisses of voters more than name-calling and insults . . . no matter how on-target some of the "expressions" may be . . .

Bronx33
12-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Really hope Little makes it.

Me too..

The Moops
12-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Just in case fans don't know about www.littleinthehalloffame.com

Go there, sign the petition and leave a comment about Floyd.

I think there are over 1,000 names so far...

Bronx33
12-02-2009, 07:53 PM
The way the Broncos have been treated over the years...

Let's just put it this way, if I'm traveling through Ohio, I don't bother with a detour to Canton.

Broncos - 6 SBs, 2 Championships, 2 in HOF
Chargers - 1 SB, 0 Championships, 6 in HOF
Chiefs - 1 SB, 1 Championship, 9 in the HOF
Raiders - 4 SBs, 3 Championships, 18 in HOF

well that puts in prespective.

broncosteven
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
It's easy to get frustrated with the HOF process. The Broncos have a long history of being snubbed. But fans have to continue to care. The Broncos organization does not hype its players for HOF consideration and many Denver writers are not as informed about the HOF as they could be.

Some teams like the Vikings are at the forefront of pushing their players as candidates. A few years back the organization coordinated a huge push to get Carl Eller in. It worked. The Broncos will never do that. That's why Broncos fans are so important.

The trick is to communicate intelligently to HOF voters without insulting them.

Nothing pisses of voters more than name-calling and insults . . . no matter how on-target some of the "expressions" may be . . .

If anyone wants to find out what a real player campaign for the HOF is go here:

http://artmonk.wordpress.com/

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-03-2009, 12:21 PM
One of the GREATEST things I have EVER seen on TV - a sea of 'Skins fans unleashing 8 years worth of applause and gratitude for Art Monk, at his HoF induction ceremony!
(I think the standing ovation went for 4 minutes!)

Bronx33
12-03-2009, 12:23 PM
One of the GREATEST things I have EVER seen on TV - a sea of 'Skins fans unleashing 8 years worth of applause and gratitude for Art Monk, at his HoF induction ceremony!

way way way way over due imo...

BigPlayShay
12-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Just in case fans don't know about www.littleinthehalloffame.com

Go there, sign the petition and leave a comment about Floyd.

I think there are over 1,000 names so far...

Already on the list, but I am sharing it on facebook. Hopefully that will add a few more names to the list.

The Moops
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I was at a Syracuse banquet four years ago in Washington, DC, and Floyd Little and Art Monk were two of the speakers. If you have ever been fortunate enough to hear Floyd speak, it is quite a rousing experience. He talked about how he ended up at Syracuse. The real story (not the one in The Express) about how Ernie Davis recruited him. Then he turned his attention to Art Monk and told him "Art, someday soon you will be a Hall of Famer. Trust me."

Now with Art in, Floyd has finally gotten the nomination he so deserves. If the writers are smart enough to vote Floyd in I promise I will lead the ovation in Canton for an hour!

broncosteven
12-04-2009, 06:33 PM

One of the Greatest things I have ever seen was the 2004 HOF induction when a sea of Bronco fans welcomed the 1st Bronco into the NFL HOF.

There were like 20k+ Elway jerseys and about 500 Viking, Lions, or smattering of teams that Bob Brown played with.

That was the 1st HOF ceremony moved into the football stadium and I have not seen one as dominant for one team as that one was.

TomServo
12-05-2009, 01:54 AM
F the hall! F The Hall! even if they take floyd little and sharpe.
too little too late.
the hall is dead to me. just like the rock and roll HOF.
lesse, a Clown like michael irvin is in the football hof. after six bronco superbowls and 1 1/2 broncos are. yay elway and "that other guy" are.
madonna, and john couger mellonhead are in the Rock and Roll hof BUT.... alice cooper, ted nugent and rush, are Not.
God i Hate Ohio

broncosteven
12-05-2009, 05:06 PM
F the hall! F The Hall! even if they take floyd little and sharpe.
too little too late.
the hall is dead to me. just like the rock and roll HOF.
lesse, a Clown like michael irvin is in the football hof. after six bronco superbowls and 1 1/2 broncos are. yay elway and "that other guy" are.
madonna, and john couger mellonhead are in the Rock and Roll hof BUT.... alice cooper, ted nugent and rush, are Not.
God i Hate Ohio

I went to the Rock and roll HOF on the way to Elway's induction. I thought it was more of a Fashion HOF than Rock and roll.

I wanted to see Guitar, Sheet music Kiosks of performances, studio session stuff. They had some of that in the basement if I remember but most of the big displays were all clothes Dianna Ross wore on some Ed Sullivan show.

I don't think I need to go back ever again to the Rock and roll HOF.

Hogan11
12-05-2009, 05:23 PM
I went to the Rock and roll HOF on the way to Elway's induction. I thought it was more of a Fashion HOF than Rock and roll.

I wanted to see Guitar, Sheet music Kiosks of performances, studio session stuff. They had some of that in the basement if I remember but most of the big displays were all clothes Dianna Ross wore on some Ed Sullivan show.

I don't think I need to go back ever again to the Rock and roll HOF.

and much like the FYE that's attached to it, it's wayyyy overpriced.

It's probably worth one trip through, but that's it. I remember hoping to see some bona fide Doors artifacts and the best the place could do was Jim Morrison's boy scout uniform....whadda disappointment to say the least.

The Moops
12-05-2009, 07:09 PM
For anyone who ever saw Floyd play, seeing him stand in Canton this summer to receive his bust will probably top the Super Bowl wins.

Now Legwold and his fellow writers have to do their job and vote The Franchise in....

broncosteven
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
and much like the FYE that's attached to it, it's wayyyy overpriced.

It's probably worth one trip through, but that's it. I remember hoping to see some bona fide Doors artifacts and the best the place could do was Jim Morrison's boy scout uniform....whadda disappointment to say the least.

I remember being more awed at stuff at both the Chicago and Denver Hard Rock Cafe's.

When Chicago opened they had a Don Henley Drum head over the bar.

The Denver Hard Rock has/had Gram Parson's lyric note book.

Those were just as cool as some of the **** at the rock and roll HOF. The only thing I liked at R&RHOF was a Les Paul exhibit showing how he got from a hunk of train track to the Les Paul electric guitar.

Hogan11
12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I remember being more awed at stuff at both the Chicago and Denver Hard Rock Cafe's.

When Chicago opened they had a Don Henley Drum head over the bar.

The Denver Hard Rock has/had Gram Parson's lyric note book.

Those were just as cool as some of the **** at the rock and roll HOF. The only thing I liked at R&RHOF was a Les Paul exhibit showing how he got from a hunk of train track to the Les Paul electric guitar.

There are a few things of interest there, just not enough to justify the price of admission. If I remember right, it seemed like it was mostly displays of clothes.

Hogan11
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
For anyone who ever saw Floyd play, seeing him stand in Canton this summer to receive his bust will probably top the Super Bowl wins.

Now Legwold and his fellow writers have to do their job and vote The Franchise in....

Well, I wouldn't go that far....but I didn't go to Elway's induction because I vowed not to set foot in that place again till Little was inducted. If he gets in, I will be on hand to see him go in.

No1BroncoFan
12-05-2009, 08:04 PM
The hall is already dead to me. The fact that it twitches once each year is a matter of pure curiosity. Considering some of the names that have been ignored (not just Broncos) vs. the names that don't belong, it's been dead for a long time.

Ben

B-Love
12-05-2009, 09:19 PM
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is the Bob Dylan Hall of Fame, which makes it a joke. When I went half of the **** on display was Dyaln stuff.

Now I am 44 years old and have lived in and around New York City my whole life. In my life I have bull**** music with hundreds of people. And to a person, almost everyone I know thinks Bob Dylan completely ****ing blows.

Ane he had half of the stuff on display when I went. Joke. Especially when they had NOTHING from Zeppelin.

TomServo
12-06-2009, 12:33 AM
if elway hadnt won those two SBs i really doubt if he would have been in a first ballot. many writers would have made excuses to delay elway and let marino waltz in.

TomServo
12-06-2009, 12:35 AM
the Ohio halls of fame are really dead to me F '
em

The Moops
12-07-2009, 04:10 AM
Zeppelin was truly cutting edge at the time . . . even when CSN continued to have success with those cute "Our House" type songs, Zeppelin took a spin at that kind of music with Zeppelin III "Tangerine" etc., which was better than anything that CSN or other harmony groups produced.

Zeppelin could do it all . . . "Rock & Roll" "Dazed & Confused" "Immigrant Song" "Stairway to Heaven" "Dyer Mak'er" "Boogie with Stu" "Hot dog" "Tangerine" "Since I've been loving you" . . . whatever the style, Zeppelin put out the best of that genre.

Just like Floyd Little could do it all !!!!!!