PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben expects to start vs. Ravens

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 09:20 AM
PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Ben Roethlisberger played one of the worst games of his NFL career one week after sustaining a concussion in 2006. He is days removed from his fourth concussion in four years, an uncommonly high number even for an NFL player.

Regardless, the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is going through "a normal week" of preparation for a pivotal game at Baltimore on Sunday night and has every intention of playing.

"It's part of the nature of the beast of playing this game. It's a violent, physical contact sport and there's a chance you're going to get hit," Roethlisberger said Thursday. "You guys don't talk about the bruises we have all over our body. If I showed you a bruise on my shoulder and a bruise on my shin, it wouldn't get talked about as much. It's a violent sport we play."

Buttttttttttttttt jay glazer on clitter says

http://twitter.com/jay_glazer

i'm reporting Big Ben OUT w concussion. dixon gets the start. ben was suffering from exercise induced headaches, team shut him down
about 2 hours ago from txt

The Joker
11-28-2009, 09:29 AM
"You guys don't talk about the bruises we have all over our body. If I showed you a bruise on my shoulder and a bruise on my shin, it wouldn't get talked about as much. It's a violent sport we play."

What an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

Broncoman13
11-28-2009, 09:36 AM
ESPN the bottom line says he is OUT for tomorrow's game vs the Ravens. Former Duck's QB will start the game... Dixon I think his name is. Very athletic Vince Young type QB.

Xenos
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
What an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

Yeah. One you can heal from physically. The other you won't be able to function normally again if it happens too many times.

Borks147
11-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Dixon is the guy who wouldve been a sure-fire 1st round pick until he partially tore his ACL, but had the balls/stupidity to go play the next game and completely tear it, right?

go_broncos
11-28-2009, 11:14 AM
PIT will lose if Ben doesn't play

elsid13
11-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Dixon is the guy who wouldve been a sure-fire 1st round pick until he partially tore his ACL, but had the balls/stupidity to go play the next game and completely tear it, right?

Larson destroyed him on option play, and that what lead to the injury. It one of the reason I want Larson to start, he puts a lot of nasty hits on players when they come within his zone.

BMarsh615
11-28-2009, 11:21 AM
That sucks. We need Baltimore to lose more than Pittsburgh

HEAV
11-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm kinda shocked by Big Ben sitting out this game. Steelers need this win, it's basically win or they're done.

enjolras
11-28-2009, 11:36 AM

I kind of suspect he'll do pretty well. That mobility behind that very agressive and physical offensive front is pretty scary.

Popps
11-28-2009, 12:08 PM
He must be in bad shape. This is a big game.

The Joker
11-28-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm kinda shocked by Big Ben sitting out this game. Steelers need this win, it's basically win or they're done.

It's far from a win or bust game for them, if he's still a bit scattered you have to sit him.

10 wins will probably be enough for them to make the playoffs, so long as they beat Baltimore in the return game on final day.

Ramathorn
11-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I hope pitt gets demolished. I hate the steelers AND it helps our wild card chances.

oubronco
11-28-2009, 01:37 PM
ESPN the bottom line says he is OUT for tomorrow's game vs the Ravens. Former Duck's QB will start the game... Dixon I think his name is. Very athletic Vince Young type QB.

The Squeelers are screwed then, the Ratbirds will blitz the crap out of him

misturanderson
11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
I hope pitt gets demolished. I hate the steelers AND it helps our wild card chances.

Not really. It just lets the ravens back into the mix where they also hold a tie-breaker over us. It would be better if both teams then lose a few of their remaining games, otherwise it might make it worse for us.