PDA

View Full Version : Amani Toomer: Kansas City didn't feel like pro football

Bronco Rob
11-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Amani Toomer: Kansas City didn't feel like pro football

Amani Toomer spent his Friday morning fielding calls from football fans.

That's because he isn't waiting for his cell phone to ring from an NFL club.

Toomer — the New York Giants' career receiving leader — said that his 13-year career is almost certainly over after having not signed with a team since the regular season began. Toomer, 35, now hopes to start working in sports media.

"I think I'm done," Toomer said during a show we co-hosted together on Sirius NFL Radio.

Toomer set franchise records for catches (668), receiving yards (9,497) and touchdowns (54) while with the Giants from 1996 to 2008. Toomer also had a team-high six catches for 84 yards in a Super Bowl XLII upset of previously unbeaten New England.

After slumping late last year, Toomer wasn't re-signed in the offseason. He landed with Kansas City but was cut at the end of the preseason.

"I feel like it was a mistake going to Kansas City," said Toomer, citing the rebuilding process the Chiefs (3-7) are undergoing. "I played 13 years in a great organization like the Giants. I was in a preseason game with Kansas City and it felt like it wasn't pro football to me. It kind of made it easy for me (to walk away)."

Toomer, says he hopes to someday get honored by the Giants after the franchise opens its new football stadium in 2010.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10437628/Ex-Giants-WR-Toomer:-%27I-think-I%27m-done%27

LOL

ZachKC
11-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Oh wow, those grapes are sour.

Grover
11-28-2009, 07:32 AM
It makes it easier to walk away when the locks are changed on the doors and the team doesn't tell you about it.

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I wonder what LJ thinks of the cheaps.

Bronco Rob
11-28-2009, 02:36 PM
8')

ZONA
11-28-2009, 02:40 PM
It makes it easier to walk away when the locks are changed on the doors and the team doesn't tell you about it.

Hahahah, yeah. When you check your bank account and don't see a deposit in there from the Chiefs, then it's not hard to walk.

oubronco
11-28-2009, 03:13 PM

or maybe the Queefs just suck that bad

Popps
11-28-2009, 04:09 PM

Yea, riiiiiiiight.

Crushaholic
11-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Didn't you know that you were going to a team in rebuilding mode, Amani? I guess not. Enjoy the rest of your life, Toomer...:welcome:

ZachKC
11-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Yea, riiiiiiiight.

Ask Chambers if he feels like he is on an NFL team. He just got done being a key role player in beating the defending Super Bowl Champions.

Better question is...if Toomer is so "above it" how did he not make a squad hurting as badly as the Chiefs are for WR talent.

He comes off like a whiny bitch here.

fontaine
11-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Ask Chambers if he feels like he is on an NFL team. He just got done being a key role player in beating the defending Super Bowl Champions.

Better question is...if Toomer is so "above it" how did he not make a squad hurting as badly as the Chiefs are for WR talent.

I think you'll find a better question is who the **** gives a **** about KC?

DBroncos4life
11-28-2009, 06:59 PM

He comes off like a whiny b**** here.

Who wouldn't want to go from a winning team to a losing team. I'm sure Chambers is having the time of his life.

Meck77
11-28-2009, 07:49 PM

Careful Zach. Ha!

KCStud
11-28-2009, 09:01 PM
KC was terrible during the preseason. We didn't get better until we got Chambers and O'Callaghan.

I do find it really funny that this comes out the week after KC beats the SB champs.

BossChief
11-28-2009, 10:39 PM
too bad the Chiefs didnt feel he was playing real NFL football...apparently no other NFL team does either, even for league minimum.

KipCorrington25
11-28-2009, 10:43 PM
I think the issue is the market, you drive around Gay Cee and it's like you're in Memphis, Omaha, Birmingham, or any dumpy little southern middle level town... If the NFL was founded today Gay Cee wouldn't be on the list.

Florida_Bronco
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
I think the issue is the market, you drive around Gay Cee and it's like you're in Memphis, Omaha, Birmingham, or any dumpy little southern middle level town... If the NFL was founded today Gay Cee wouldn't be on the list.

Hey, don't lump my hometown in with that ****hole of a city. :notthissh

Oh, and Omaha is in the midwest too.

Archer81
11-29-2009, 12:45 AM

Detroit, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland and Oakland wouldnt have teams, either.

:Broncos:

JJJ
11-29-2009, 12:51 AM
KC was terrible during the preseason. We didn't get better until we got Chambers and O'Callaghan.

I do find it really funny that this comes out the week after KC beats the SB champs.

Dude, if Chris Chambers is one of your saviours you got bigger issues than I thought.

KCStud
11-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Dude, if Chris Chambers is one of your saviours you got bigger issues than I thought.

He's not. He's proving that the Chargers made a mistake though. He's playing like a legit number one WR.

KCStud
11-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Detroit, Jacksonville, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cleveland and Oakland wouldnt have teams, either.

I would add Indianapolis to that list

ZachKC
11-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Funny, you can thank Lamar Hunt for the fact that Denver has a franchise.

And you need a new map.

ZachKC
11-29-2009, 02:50 AM

Did you just use the word saviours?

ZachKC
11-29-2009, 02:51 AM
I think you'll find a better question is who the **** gives a **** about KC?

The OrangeMane.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87051
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87152

Bronco Rob
11-29-2009, 12:54 PM

Correction KC IS horrible......When you win a total of 4 games in two seasons you stink out loud......

just sayin'

KCStud
11-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Correction KC IS horrible......When you win a total of 4 games in two seasons you stink out loud......

just sayin'

And Denver is soooo much better huh Rob? Blowing your chances for the playoffs must be a good feeling, no less getting blown out once you get there..

oubronco
11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
And Denver is soooo much better huh Rob? Blowing your chances for the playoffs must be a good feeling, no less getting blown out once you get there..

they've won more than 4 games in every season

KCStud
11-29-2009, 02:15 PM
they've won more than 4 games in every season

And that's gotten you where exactly?

A seat next to Chiefs fans in January is where it's got you

broncocalijohn
11-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Didn't you know that you were going to a team in rebuilding mode, Amani? I guess not. Enjoy the rest of your life, Toomer...:welcome:

Plus a preseason game is hardly a pro game anyways. Us fans pay for it like it is, but it is scrimmage with pads and unis set in front of 50k unwilling participants (season ticket holders).

Beantown Bronco
11-29-2009, 02:22 PM

Still a stupid argument. Better is better.

Or do you really believe a 0-16 team and an 11-5 team that doesn't make the playoffs are equal in quality?

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 02:25 PM
keep pretending 2x4 (better is better).

KCStud
11-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Still a stupid argument. Better is better.

Or do you really believe a 0-16 team and an 11-5 team that doesn't make the playoffs are equal in quality?

No they are not equal, but it's freakin hillarious to see Donko fans make fun of KC when they pump their chests to a team that has one playoff win and a handful of failures in the post Elway era.

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 03:00 PM
*yawn*

Kaylore
11-29-2009, 03:03 PM
No they are not equal, but it's freakin hillarious to see Donko fans make fun of KC when they pump their chests to a team that has one playoff win and a handful of failures in the post Elway era.

We're laughing because if you really think we're that bad, you're worse and you're trying to talk smack. You guys like to pretend that you're the same as us. For all our admitted mediocrity of the post Elway Broncos, I'd still take it over the garbage you guys vomit on the field year in and out. Sure every decade or so you guys hit gold and manage to *actually* make the playoffs, but you always get run out in the rare instances that you finally make it there. And typical of you Chief fans, you don't care as long as you beat the Broncos at home because beating us = your Super Bowl and as long as that is accomplished the rest of the season is immaterial. Even in years when Denver is "supposed" to suck we still find ways to at least compete. You guys are fighting with the Raiders for most pathetic team in AFCWest and possibly the AFC in general. So a Chief fan telling us we suck is pretty pathetic in general.

rastaman
11-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Amani Toomer: Kansas City didn't feel like pro football

Amani Toomer spent his Friday morning fielding calls from football fans.

That's because he isn't waiting for his cell phone to ring from an NFL club.

Toomer the New York Giants' career receiving leader said that his 13-year career is almost certainly over after having not signed with a team since the regular season began. Toomer, 35, now hopes to start working in sports media.

"I think I'm done," Toomer said during a show we co-hosted together on Sirius NFL Radio.

Toomer set franchise records for catches (668), receiving yards (9,497) and touchdowns (54) while with the Giants from 1996 to 2008. Toomer also had a team-high six catches for 84 yards in a Super Bowl XLII upset of previously unbeaten New England.

After slumping late last year, Toomer wasn't re-signed in the offseason. He landed with Kansas City but was cut at the end of the preseason.

"I feel like it was a mistake going to Kansas City," said Toomer, citing the rebuilding process the Chiefs (3-7) are undergoing. "I played 13 years in a great organization like the Giants. I was in a preseason game with Kansas City and it felt like it wasn't pro football to me. It kind of made it easy for me (to walk away)."

Toomer, says he hopes to someday get honored by the Giants after the franchise opens its new football stadium in 2010.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10437628/Ex-Giants-WR-Toomer:-%27I-think-I%27m-done%27

LOL

Had Amani stuck around and played with this years NY Giants....he would have came to the same conclusion as he has about KC.......his once consistent NYG are really stinking up the joint as well.ROFL!

Bronco Rob
11-30-2009, 02:37 AM

AFC WEST SINCE 1984

Super Bowl Titles

Denver -- 2
San Diego -- 0
Oakland -- 0
Kansas City -- 0

Super Bowl Appearances

Denver -- 5
Oakland -- 1
San Diego -- 1
Kansas City -- 0

AFC Championship Appearances

Denver -- 7
Oakland -- 3
San Diego -- 2
Kansas City -- 1

AFC WEST Division Titles

Denver -- 8
San Diego -- 6
Oakland -- 5
Kansas City -- 4

Playoff Appearances

Denver -- 13
Kansas City -- 10
Oakland -- 8
San Diego -- 7

Winning Seasons

Denver -- 16
Kansas City -- 14
Oakland -- 9
San Diego -- 7

:sunshine:

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2009, 02:59 AM

Talk about sour grapes. There's a huge difference between a team that gives it's fan base something to cheer about and hope for and one that can't win....ever.

KCStud
11-30-2009, 08:19 AM
We're laughing because if you really think we're that bad, you're worse and you're trying to talk smack. You guys like to pretend that you're the same as us. For all our admitted mediocrity of the post Elway Broncos, I'd still take it over the garbage you guys vomit on the field year in and out. Sure every decade or so you guys hit gold and manage to *actually* make the playoffs, but you always get run out in the rare instances that you finally make it there. And typical of you Chief fans, you don't care as long as you beat the Broncos at home because beating us = your Super Bowl and as long as that is accomplished the rest of the season is immaterial. Even in years when Denver is "supposed" to suck we still find ways to at least compete. You guys are fighting with the Raiders for most pathetic team in AFCWest and possibly the AFC in general. So a Chief fan telling us we suck is pretty pathetic in general.

And we're laughing because Bronco fans actually think their organization is elite. Newsflash....you're not. You were in the 90's. Everything before or after that was failure after failure after failure. Has KC been any better? No. But Bronco fans claiming to be "so much better" than KC's franchise is premature and embarrassing. If you are so much better than us, than what do you have to show for it? One measely playoff win in a decade after Elway and a handful of "failures."
And I love the whole "we're your superbowl" approach. KC's SB was against the Steelers, an elite team over the years and SB Champs (something Denver is not) so throwing that garbage out this year is pure ignorance.
Being a bad football team the last 3 years has been rough, but please enlighten me about how frustrating it is to see your team collapse once November comes every single year.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2009, 09:28 AM
No. But Bronco fans claiming to be "so much better" than KC's franchise is premature and embarrassing. If you are so much better than us, than what do you have to show for it? One measely playoff win in a decade after Elway and a handful of "failures."

Sorry, but a "C" is still significantly better than an "F" any way you slice it.

Peoples Champ
11-30-2009, 09:45 AM

We should just ask Joe Montana, because Toomer is not an NFL veteran or anything.

Peoples Champ
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
And we're laughing because Bronco fans actually think their organization is elite. Newsflash....you're not. You were in the 90's. Everything before or after that was failure after failure after failure. Has KC been any better? No. But Bronco fans claiming to be "so much better" than KC's franchise is premature and embarrassing. If you are so much better than us, than what do you have to show for it? One measely playoff win in a decade after Elway and a handful of "failures."
And I love the whole "we're your superbowl" approach. KC's SB was against the Steelers, an elite team over the years and SB Champs (something Denver is not) so throwing that garbage out this year is pure ignorance.
Being a bad football team the last 3 years has been rough, but please enlighten me about how frustrating it is to see your team collapse once November comes every single year.

see post # 36

Bronco Rob
12-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Hilarious!

orangeatheist
12-01-2009, 04:00 PM

And every other team which didn't make to the Bowl, too. What a moron. So I guess it's true what they say about Chief's fans.

ZachKC
12-06-2009, 09:21 AM
We should just ask Joe Montana, because Toomer is not an NFL veteran or anything.

He isn't one good enough to make the WR group of the Kansas City Chiefs.

That is bad.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Does this win count today? The NFL still count games against this team as legit right? LMAO....

Kaylore
12-07-2009, 08:39 AM
He isn't one good enough to make the WR group of the Kansas City Chiefs.

That is bad.

After that horror on the field I witnessed yesterday, I have to agree with this. I can't believe most of those guys out there are paid to be receivers.

Natedog24
12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
After that horror on the field I witnessed yesterday, I have to agree with this. I can't believe most of those guys out there are paid to be receivers.

Agreed, reminds me of what Denver had to trot out at safety every week last year...

Archer81
12-07-2009, 11:57 AM
They dont look like Pro football, either.

tsiguy96
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Agreed, reminds me of what Denver had to trot out at safety every week last year...

what?!

rodgers, fox, manuel, mcree were all superstars man

Archer81
12-07-2009, 12:05 PM
what?!

rodgers, fox, manuel, mcree were all superstars man

So true. Like Madden had them rated in the low 80s and stuff...that totally means they are superstars...LOL