PDA

View Full Version : Hillis and Special Teams

rastaman
11-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Many fans know Hillis has a huge upside and he proved what he could do last year. Hillis just didn't know....McD would give him more snaps on special teams than he was given with the 1st team in training camp and preseason games.

Kinda makes you wonder how Moreno would perform next season if McD gave him more snaps on special teams vs with the first team offense. How much ya wanna bet.....Moreno would not adjust very well to that scenario.

Simply put.....Hillis IS NOT a special teams player no more than Moreno or TD would have been. What we are witnessing is McD trying to enforce his will as HC. If McD is using the NE blue print of not having very many superstars...he has obviously used Hillis as his test tube example.

Peyton just needs to stay healthy and play special teams until McD cuts him in a year or two, and Peyton will just get another opportunity to play for a team that values his ability as power rushing FB and a tailback that has great hands out of the backfied.

Ray Finkle
11-27-2009, 07:27 PM
blah blah blah....how about posting in the 49 other Hillis threads....

Hillis + not bright = lack of PT

watermock
11-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Hillis returned kicks for Arkansas. He bulked up from 220 to 240 to play FB under Nutt w/McFadden and Felix Jones.

His specialty was recieving and short yardage..

Hogan11
11-27-2009, 07:34 PM

He's not even a Broncos fan, he's just a wannabe NFLPA rep living out his fantasy on message boards.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 07:51 PM
He's not even a Broncos fan, he's just a wannabe NFLPA rep living out his fantasy on message boards.

Hog Head Hogan......you're not a Bronco fan either......so there!:giggle:

rastaman
11-27-2009, 07:53 PM

Oh well the freaking hell......just turn Hillis into a tackling dummy. There---hows that! Feel better now?

houghtam
11-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Many fans know Hillis has a huge upside and he proved what he could do last year.

343 yards.

Might as well call up Tatum Bell, too! What's Selvin Young doing these days?!

rastaman
11-27-2009, 08:05 PM
343 yards.

Might as well call up Tatum Bell, too! What's Selvin Young doing these days?!

Probably still fumbling the ball like Moreno has been doing! Two more fumbles and Moreno will tie Tatums rookie record!:sunshine:

watermock
11-27-2009, 08:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonhillis/profile?id=HIL734134

Look at the 2008 stats.

He had 179 on 14 catches. stfu

houghtam
11-27-2009, 08:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonhillis/profile?id=HIL734134

Look at the 2008 stats.

He had 179 on 14 catches. stfu

Mock, there is nothing you could say to make me stfu. You're a mental case with no football knowledge.

As a side note. Okay, 500+ all purpose yards. HE'S A BEAST NOBODY CAN STOP HIM!

watermock
11-27-2009, 08:17 PM
No, I think he also had a few kick returns last year.

Mr.Meanie
11-27-2009, 08:46 PM
500 yards in '08. Definitely a beast....

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Many fans know Hillis has a huge upside and he proved what he could do last year. Hillis just didn't know....McD would give him more snaps on special teams than he was given with the 1st team in training camp and preseason games.

Kinda makes you wonder how Moreno would perform next season if McD gave him more snaps on special teams vs with the first team offense. How much ya wanna bet.....Moreno would not adjust very well to that scenario.

Simply put.....Hillis IS NOT a special teams player no more than Moreno or TD would have been. What we are witnessing is McD trying to enforce his will as HC. If McD is using the NE blue print of not having very many superstars...he has obviously used Hillis as his test tube example.

Peyton just needs to stay healthy and play special teams until McD cuts him in a year or two, and Peyton will just get another opportunity to play for a team that values his ability as power rushing FB and a tailback that has great hands out of the backfied.

This is just asinine. I love how you think this is all some conspiracy against Peyton Hillis. You'd think he was Peyton Manning by the way you speak of him. He's HAD his opportunities and consistently has not taken advantage of them. If McD thought he'd be a huge asset in the running game, im sure he'd use him. Having said that, I'd love to see him in short yardage situations

Natedogg
11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
This is just asinine. I love how you think this is all some conspiracy against Peyton Hillis. You'd think he was Peyton Manning by the way you speak of him. He's HAD his opportunities and consistently has not taken advantage of them. If McD thought he'd be a huge asset in the running game, im sure he'd use him. Having said that, I'd love to see him in short yardage situations

Or Walter Payton. :)

Archer81
11-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Jesus...Hillis is a good player. Thats not what the problem is. The dude isnt playing because he is obviously not doing anything in practice to warrant any playing time outside of special teams. This constant bull**** about McD being hardheaded is getting regoddamndiculous. He plays the best players, and the ones who actually put the work in during practice play...crazy, I know.

TD made the Broncos roster by being a standout on Special Teams...BTW.

I really dont get the hate for a coach who has the team at 7-4. I really dont.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Jesus...Hillis is a good player. Thats not what the problem is. The dude isnt playing because he is obviously not doing anything in practice to warrant any playing time outside of special teams. This constant bull**** about McD being hardheaded is getting regoddamndiculous. He plays the best players, and the ones who actually put the work in during practice play...crazy, I know.

Its simple. People hate admitting they are wrong.

watermock
11-27-2009, 08:52 PM
500 yards in '08. Definitely a beast....

He averaged 5 ypc/12.8 ypc. as a 7th round rookie FB.

Find a FB/TB even close, besides Felix.

houghtam
11-27-2009, 08:52 PM

Rep.

watermock
11-27-2009, 08:56 PM

Really won't matter 'cause we won't see until Moreno and Buckare both out.

Jordan will get booed out like Simms.

Popps
11-27-2009, 08:56 PM
This might be the most pathetic thread of 2009, and that includes the idiotic Cutler knob-jobbing we saw around here.

Fuggin' ridiculous.

Archer81
11-27-2009, 08:59 PM
This might be the most pathetic thread of 2009, and that includes the idiotic Cutler knob-jobbing we saw around here.

Fuggin' ridiculous.

I dont know, BW's "edit my mother****ing suck balls paper" thread was pretty lame...but through teamwork and fantastic senses of humor managed to make it comedy gold.

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Fuggin' ridiculous.

Says the guy who called for Peyton to start and draft linemen and LB's.

HAT
11-27-2009, 09:01 PM

REP! ^5

Good to know that Rasta has Hillis' and Marshall's career paths all worked out.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 09:02 PM

Where have you heard that Hillis isn't a good practice player and thus not warrantying any playing time? Hell Moreno held out in training camp and came in behind and he has fumble problems......yet Moreno starts every game and he's a rookie! Now please explain how a rookie RB with 4 fumbles is starting ahead of Hillis?

Sounds like its time to give Moreno a few snaps at special teams. Hillis has yet to fumble the ball as a RB this season.

Hell Buckhalter has a gimpy knee and get tackled with arm tackles and yet he gets more opportunities than Hillis as well.

Go Figure!

rastaman
11-27-2009, 09:05 PM
REP! ^5

Good to know that Rasta has Hillis' and Marshall's career paths all worked out.

Thank you.:P

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Where have you heard that Hillis isn't a good practice player and thus not warrantying any playing time? Hell Moreno held out in training camp and came in behind and he has fumble problems......yet Moreno starts every game and he's a rookie! Now please explain how a rookie RB with 4 fumbles is starting ahead of Hillis?

Sounds like its time to give Moreno a few snaps at special teams. Hillis has yet to fumble the ball as a RB this season.

Hell Buckhalter has a gimpy knee and get tackled with arm tackles and yet he gets more opportunities than Hillis as well.

Go Figure!

You forgot the first thing Moreno did was sprain his MCL after holding out.

He just got his marginal/good speed back last week.

Archer81
11-27-2009, 09:11 PM

Go Figure!

Oh...I see...

You are gay for Peyton. Suddenly your obsession makes sense.

Popps
11-27-2009, 09:13 PM
Says the guy who called for Peyton to start and draft linemen and LB's.

Again, Mock. If there's someone there at home who can help you read this stuff, that would help us all save us all having to repeat things to you over and over.

Of course I loved Hillis' potential. Still do.

I'm also realistic enough to know when there's a problem, and realistic enough to move on.

We've got two very productive backs, and Hillis can't even beat out Larsesn (a Shanahan guy) for time at FULLback, much less winning time at halfback. If he does, great. If not, big ****ing deal.

I realize this is one of the last threads of hope the haters can cling to. But, honestly... it's just pathetic, at this point. You people are embarrassing yourselves.

Popps
11-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh, and Mock... we did draft and sign FA's for the front seven. Every player in our front seven is either new or playing a new position.

So, my wish was granted.

Again, man... maybe get help at home. Try to at least catch up on what the team has done.

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Oh, and Mock... we did draft and sign FA's for the front seven. Every player in our front seven is either new or playing a new position.

So, my wish was granted.

Again, man... maybe get help at home. Try to at least catch up on what the team has done.

Oh really? You call Haggan and Davis and Goodman and Dawk or Moss as the future?

I thought it was rebuilding? Both?

Where is our draft class besides Moreno?

Go thump your chest. You've allredy got your 6 wins.

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Doom is a FA in 09.

Archer81
11-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Doom is a FA in 09.

I wouldnt bet on it.

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:32 PM
yawn...

Flex Gunmetal
11-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Go Figure!

Ever think that moreno is smart and hillis isn't?

Lev Vyvanse
11-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Doom is a FA in 09.

You need to put an R in front of that FA.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Ever think that moreno is smart and hillis isn't?

Yawn! Dumb Billy is that you not raising your hand and speaking w/o permission. Figures.8')

gyldenlove
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
You need to put an R in front of that FA.

In his current situation that doesn't make much difference, how many teams do you think would be willing to trade a 1st and 3rd rounder for the league sack leader who is in his mid 20's and a great character guy?

Because Kansas City got a 1st and two 3rds for Jared Allen who never lead the league in sacks and was a character risk.

If we don't pony up, someone else will and they will be laughing their asses of that they got him for a 1st and 3rd. We need to either give this man a new deal soon or slap him with the franchise tender.

Lev Vyvanse
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
In his current situation that doesn't make much difference, how many teams do you think would be willing to trade a 1st and 3rd rounder for the league sack leader who is in his mid 20's and a great character guy?

Because Kansas City got a 1st and two 3rds for Jared Allen who never lead the league in sacks and was a character risk.

If we don't pony up, someone else will and they will be laughing their asses of that they got him for a 1st and 3rd. We need to either give this man a new deal soon or slap him with the franchise tender.
We can match any offer for a RFA. Doom is now a rush linebacker not an end, that will hurt his pocketbook.

Bronco Yoda
12-19-2009, 06:42 PM

I agree. I wonder how much this will cost us?