PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall

oubronco
11-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Can we pay the man his Mother****ing money already the guy is awesome and I think McD knows this

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2009, 06:49 AM
I think he's going to get paid. He and McD have a love fest every week now, and I think Josh really knows how borked we would have been in some of these games without him.

If he keeps clean for the rest of the season, he'll get his cash. From the Broncos.

elsid13
11-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Because of the CBA ending, Marshall is under the teams control as RFA for the next two years. He will get a raise, but won't be as much as he wants.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I think he's going to get paid. He and McD have a love fest every week now, and I think Josh really knows how borked we would have been in some of these games without him.

If he keeps clean for the rest of the season, he'll get his cash. From the Broncos.

The only question is will Bmarsh get an NFL pay raise or a hybrid "No Superstar" NE partriot type pay raise???? I guess we will see.

Brandon just needs to stay healthy and out of trouble until he earns his parole out of Denver. Then and only then will he get PAID.

Mogulseeker
11-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Without Marshall, we lose Dallas and New England.

PRBronco
11-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Marshall gained a few points with me for not taking a penalty after he got molested twice on that deep pass, I thought for sure he was going to get in their grill and take a retarded penalty and even things out.

NYBronco
11-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Marshall gained a few points with me for not taking a penalty after he got molested twice on that deep pass, I thought for sure he was going to get in their grill and take a retarded penalty and even things out.

He was also held on that attempted TD in the end zone that led to our last FG.

The time will come soon when he will have received the pay raise. If he doesn't like it here as some believe is the case he will have plenty of offers to entice him to leave.

rbackfactory80
11-27-2009, 03:44 PM
He is doing what he is expected, he finishes strong he gets his wish. Our team needs to maintain its focus, this is the critical stretch.

watermock
11-27-2009, 04:13 PM

Let's give him a 20% raise!

ZONA
11-27-2009, 05:56 PM
This is such a non-issue right now. His attitude has turned 180 degrees since training camp and he and Josh are getting along great right now. I think BM thinks Josh will eventually turn this team into a Superbowl team within a few years and he wants to stick around for the glory, and yes, he will get paid along the way.

eddie mac
11-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I think Brandon will be first in the queue for whatever Pat is prepared to pay out in 2010. As we all know by now there'll be no CBA so owners can basically be as tight as they want to a certain extent as there is no minimum team payroll or % of cap each team has to spend like every other season.

At present Pat has approximately $62m tied up in payroll for 39 players for 2010. $17m of that is on Champ and Dan Graham.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 06:30 PM
This is such a non-issue right now. His attitude has turned 180 degrees since training camp and he and Josh are getting along great right now. I think BM thinks Josh will eventually turn this team into a Superbowl team within a few years and he wants to stick around for the glory, and yes, he will get paid along the way.

The only problem with that theory would be if a team(s) that are winning now and offer Brandon more money than Bowlen & McD believes he's entitled to! Brandon probably walks if thats the scenario.

watermock
11-27-2009, 08:31 PM

wow.

BM just wants a ring....how naive, it's almost sweet.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
The only problem with that theory would be if a team(s) that are winning now and offer Brandon more money than Bowlen & McD believes he's entitled to! Brandon probably walks if thats the scenario.

Won't happen. he will never see unrestricted free agency.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Won't happen. he will never see unrestricted free agency.

How so?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2009, 08:52 PM
How so?

Well, lets ignore the fact that the lack of a new CBA won't allow him to be an unrestricted free agent this year, there's a thing called the franchise tag and i'd expect them to use it on him if he were ever eligible.

Broncos4tw
11-27-2009, 09:16 PM
He is hands down, the best offensive player on our team. He should get paid, before we lose him. His good attitude will only last until:

A. We start losing to the point we are screwed.

B. We fail to show him the $$$

If we do B, then we don't need to worry about A. Pay the guy. Especially if we have any plans to keep Orton.

watermock
11-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Well, lets ignore the fact that the lack of a new CBA won't allow him to be an unrestricted free agent this year, there's a thing called the franchise tag and i'd expect them to use it on him if he were ever eligible.

McD is more likely to use the tag on Gaffney. Ha!

McD will trade him for picks.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-27-2009, 09:48 PM
McD is more likely to use the tag on Gaffney. Ha!

McD will trade him for picks.

I'm fairly certain he won't. You anti-McD people keep insisting he's this mad scientist that is out to trade all the good broncos and ruin the team. He's not, get over it.

BossChief
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
It will be very interesting how he responds to getting that much money. He is still very immature and he will demand a top tier deal that will drop 20 million in his lap and I hope he has the right people around him that dont let him sway from the goal. I like the kid, it will be interesting to see how the Marshall/Carr matchup goes this time around.

I like how our teams are being built and how they match up against each other. Should make for some interesting upcoming years.

Doggcow
11-28-2009, 02:35 AM
It will be very interesting how he responds to getting that much money. He is still very immature and he will demand a top tier deal that will drop 20 million in his lap and I hope he has the right people around him that dont let him sway from the goal. I like the kid, it will be interesting to see how the Marshall/Carr matchup goes this time around.

I like how our teams are being built and how they match up against each other. Should make for some interesting upcoming years.

Ironic that a Chief would potentially ridicule another teams wide receivers and items being dropped, in the same sentence.

BossChief
11-28-2009, 03:46 AM
Ironic that a Chief would potentially ridicule another teams wide receivers and items being dropped, in the same sentence.

well played, sir...well played! :notworthy

Bronco Rob
11-28-2009, 03:49 AM
http://images.smarter.com/blogs/guests/d-bowe1.bmp

LOL

BossChief
11-28-2009, 03:56 AM
Droid is the man!!!

Imagine the photo shop opportunities with this one....

rastaman
11-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Brandon Marshall's career goals should be the following:

1. Become the ultimate Professional on and off the field.

2. Get paid top 5 money.

3. Play with a winning franchise the goes to the playoffs and as many SB's
as possible.

4. Put up top 5 stats to insure Pro Bowl trips.

5. Hope he can stay healthy and enjoy a 12-16 year career.

6. Getting selected to the NFL HOF.

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2009, 07:19 AM

and Cincy.

oubronco
11-28-2009, 01:09 PM
He has proven how much he means to this team and Orton wouldn't have half the stats he has if it weren't for Marshall

Just pay the man already