PDA

View Full Version : Teams to Root for this Week

broncolife
11-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Buffalo 3-8 vs Mia 5-5 help to improve pick and knock down Miamis chances of wild card spot

WSH 3-7 vs PHI 6-4 help to improve pick

1-9 Tampa Bayvs Atlanta 5-5

SeaChickens 3-7 vs Stl 1-9 help to improve pick

4-6 CAR vs NYJ 4-6 improve pick.

1-9 CLE VS CIN 7-3 playoff implications and help to improve pick

10-0 IND VS HOU 5-5

3-7 KC VS SD 7-3 playoff implication and help to improve pick

6-4 JAK VS SF 4-6 improve pick

4-6 CHI VS MIN 9-1 improve our draft pick baby

7-3 ARI VS TENN 4-6 improve pick

6-4 PIT VS BALT 5-5

7-3 NE VS NO 10-0

If this happens I think 4 team will be under the bears record and 4 tied

at 4-7, plus a 4-8 team.

extralife
11-26-2009, 11:58 PM
I'd rather not cheer for a houston team that could be fighting with us for a playoff spot. I'd also rather Pittsburgh win - a Baltimore win muddles up the wild card a little bit more.

broncolife
11-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd rather not cheer for a houston team that could be fighting with us for a playoff spot. I'd also rather Pittsburgh win - a Baltimore win muddles up the wild card a little bit more.

yeah fixed the houston pic, my blind hatred made me miss that one:)

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Tampa isn't winning 4 games this year, and Atlanta has the H2H tiebreaker over Chicago. You want Atlanta to keep winning.

Borks147
11-27-2009, 12:26 AM
why would we want the Patriots to win against an nfc team?

Gort
11-27-2009, 01:10 AM

seeding? if they get the #2 spot, we wouldn't face them in the WC round.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2009, 02:48 AM
I hope NO rips a hole through the Cheaters a mile wide.

chrisp
11-27-2009, 03:32 AM
It would probably be good for us if someone other than Cincy wins the north as we have the head-head tiebreaker with them for a wildcard, whereas the opposite is true of the Steelers and the ravens.

Ultimately however, I think you'll go a bit mental trying to work out who to root for on that basis...if the Broncos aren't playing just go for whoever has the coolest uniforms like I always do... :-)

gunns
11-27-2009, 04:24 AM
I don't understand rooting for Pitt. We knocked them out for a WC spot tonight but if they win on Sunday they knock us out. I will be rooting majorily for the Chiefs this week though.

long beach bronco
11-27-2009, 04:37 AM
We are over both Pitt and Jax at the moment, hopefully somebody loses for us to able to control our own destiny. It must be the playoff chase when you start hearing those famous words. (Control your own destiny).

oubronco
11-27-2009, 06:47 AM
we take care of business and the rest will fall into place

NYBronco
11-27-2009, 07:41 AM
For the win KC, Min, Balt and Cle.

Los Broncos
11-27-2009, 08:01 AM
I hope the Vikings crush the Bears that's all I know.

broncolife
11-27-2009, 10:41 AM

yep made a mistake on that one. has been corrected

broncolife
11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't understand rooting for Pitt. We knocked them out for a WC spot tonight but if they win on Sunday they knock us out. I will be rooting majorily for the Chiefs this week though.

Me either ;D .

gyldenlove
11-27-2009, 10:50 AM
We need Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Houston, Tennessee and San Diego to lose.

Chicago should lose to improve draft pick, but other than that it doesn't matter.

Crushaholic
11-27-2009, 11:11 AM
We now need help winning the division. That means I'll be rooting against the Chargers from here on out. Who do they have next? KC? Son of a...:drown:

tsiguy96
11-27-2009, 11:14 AM
We now need help winning the division. That means I'll be rooting against the Chargers from here on out. Who do they have next? KC? Son of a...:drown:

KC always seems to be competitive against SD

ScottXray
11-27-2009, 11:16 AM
I want Balt over the Steelers. Puts both of them back of us . Pitt winning ties us for wild card and they have tie breaker over us (so does Balt but them both back a full game helps more).

crawdad
11-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I hope NO rips a hole through the Cheaters a mile wide.

Not gonna happen, NO hasn't played anyone but the Giants a Eagles. NE will tear their defense a new one!

Borks147
11-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Not gonna happen, NO hasn't played anyone but the Giants a Eagles. NE will tear their defense a new one!

and they demolished them. your point?

crawdad
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Come back on Tuesday morning

tsiguy96
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM

theyve played 10 NFL teams, and beat them all. thats impressive.

The Joker
11-27-2009, 12:00 PM
I want Balt over the Steelers. Puts both of them back of us . Pitt winning ties us for wild card and they have tie breaker over us (so does Balt but them both back a full game helps more).

Steelers winning is best for us.

Almost takes B-More out of the equation. I think the Steelers are good for 10 wins and are going to the playoffs, even with a loss on Sunday.

Best they take B-More out of the running.

If they can do that, the Jags are the primary problem in getting a wildcard spot. A 49er victory would be sweet.

UberBroncoMan
11-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Buffalo 3-8 vs Mia 5-5 help to improve pick and knock down Miamis chances of wild card spot

WSH 3-7 vs PHI 6-4 help to improve pick

1-9 Tampa Bayvs Atlanta 5-5

SeaChickens 3-7 vs Stl 1-9 help to improve pick

4-6 CAR vs NYJ 4-6 improve pick.

1-9 CLE VS CIN 7-3 playoff implications and help to improve pick

10-0 IND VS HOU 5-5

3-7 KC VS SD 7-3 playoff implication and help to improve pick

6-4 JAK VS SF 4-6 improve pick

4-6 CHI VS MIN 9-1 improve our draft pick baby

7-3 ARI VS TENN 4-6 improve pick

6-4 PIT VS BALT 5-5

7-3 NE VS NO 10-0

If this happens I think 4 team will be under the bears record and 4 tied

at 4-7, plus a 4-8 team.

You should be rooting for SF not just for the pick... Jacksonville is in the thick of the Wild Card hunt and the rest of the season isn't exactly that brutal.

55CrushEm
11-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Steelers winning is best for us.

Almost takes B-More out of the equation. I think the Steelers are good for 10 wins and are going to the playoffs, even with a loss on Sunday.

Best they take B-More out of the running.

If they can do that, the Jags are the primary problem in getting a wildcard spot. A 49er victory would be sweet.

I totally agree. Normally, I'd want the team with the worse record to win, but not in this case. I, too, think that BOTH Cincy and Pitt will be in the playoffs, regardless.....so the best thing to have happen for us is to keep Baltimore further behind us.....

gyldenlove
11-27-2009, 05:48 PM
I totally agree. Normally, I'd want the team with the worse record to win, but not in this case. I, too, think that BOTH Cincy and Pitt will be in the playoffs, regardless.....so the best thing to have happen for us is to keep Baltimore further behind us.....

I have considered it. The Steelers winning is better for us, if they take that division we hold the tie break with Cincinnati who will most likely finish second, that can be important.

JCMElway
11-28-2009, 12:02 AM
OK, I have too much time on my hands, just trying to figure out the playoff scenarios. I think Denver has a pretty good shot at making the playoffs. So does the site Playoffstatus.com. They currently list Denver's chances of making the playoffs at 66%. http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

We probably go 3-2 over our last 5 (beating KC and Oakland, losing on the road vs Indy and Philly), which would give us a 10-6 record. Where might our competition finish out?

San Diego has a pretty easy go over the last six.

KC -- W
@ Cle -- W
@ Dallas -- L
Cincy -- W, a close game, we'll give them home field advantage.
@ Tenn -- L
Washington -- W

That give the Chargers 11-5 and the AFC West. if Denver wants to win the division, winning 4 out of the last 5 seems like the bare minimum.

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Jacksonville as they have a tough schedule down the stretch.

@ SF -- L
Houston -- W
Miami -- W
Indy -- L
@ New England -- L
@ Cleveland -- W

I think they go 3-3 or maybe even 2-4 over their last six. So they finish 9-7, most likely.

How about Pitt?

@ baltimore -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Cleveland -- W
Green Bay -- Tough one...W
Baltimore -- W
@ Miami -- Hmmmm....L

So, Pitt finishes 10-6, but hold the tiebreaker over us.

But does that 10-6 beat out the Bengals? They play 4 of 6 at home, very nice scheduling!

Cleveland -- W
Detroit -- W
@ Minn -- L
@ SD -- Hmmmmm, home field edge, L
KC -- W
NYJ -- W

11-5, Bengals take the division, esp beating Pitt twice. Nice to have that cushion.

Also in that division is the Ravens at 5-5. Great defense, inconsistent O.

Pitt -- W
@ GB -- L
Det -- W
Chi -- Wow, tough one to call.....W
@ Pitt -- L
@ Oak -- W

So 9-7 here.

The Patriots, probably take the east.

@ New Orleans -- L
@ Miami -- L
Carolina -- W
@ Buffalo - W
Jax -- W
Houston -- L

11-5 or 10-6 for the Pats.

How abut the Dolphins? They're at 5-5 right now, so....

@ buffalo -- W
NE -- L
@ jax -- L
@ Tenn -- L
Houston -- W
Pitt -- W

A pretty rough stretch, 8-8 seems likely, but 9-7 would be a real achievement.

And the Texans at 5-5

Indy -- Upset here! W
@ Jax -- L
Seattle -- W
@ St L -- W
@ Miami -- L
NE -- NE may be sitting guys, W

9-7 here, but could be 8-8 if Indy takes care of business.

Indy -- Number one seed
NE -- 11-5, Division winner
SD -- 11-5, Division winner
Cincy -- 11-5, Division winner
Pittsburgh -- 10-6, Wild Card, #5 slot
Denver -- 10-6, Wild Card, #6 slot
Jax -- 9-7
Balt -- 9-7
Houston -- 9-7
Miami -- 8-8

Some observations:
--That Charger/Bengal game is going to be huge for playoff seeding.
--Denver really screwed themselves with that Washington loss.
--It is imperative that Denver wins the games they should win. Any slip-ups vs. inferior teams will bounce them from the playoffs, there are just too many decent teams on the bubble.
--Denver's 4 game slide and debacle vs. SD sucks because Denver would hold the head to head tie breaker vs. NE and Cincy if they win the AFC West. If we could have held it together vs. SD, Denver probably would have had a first round bye! Now, unless SD collapses, we go on the road to face SD, NE. or Cincy. Ugh, I feel sick with this realization........

IHaveALight
11-28-2009, 12:47 AM
So in that scenario, what would happen if the Broncos won all games but Indy and finished 11-5? Who would have the tie-breaker and win the AFC west?

SJ Bronco
11-28-2009, 12:54 AM
OK, I have too much time on my hands, just trying to figure out the playoff scenarios. I think Denver has a pretty good shot at making the playoffs. So does the site Playoffstatus.com. They currently list Denver's chances of making the playoffs at 66%. http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nflpostseasonprob.html

We probably go 3-2 over our last 5 (beating KC and Oakland, losing on the road vs Indy and Philly), which would give us a 10-6 record. Where might our competition finish out?

San Diego has a pretty easy go over the last six.

KC -- W
@ Cle -- W
@ Dallas -- L
Cincy -- W, a close game, we'll give them home field advantage.
@ Tenn -- L
Washington -- W

That give the Chargers 11-5 and the AFC West. if Denver wants to win the division, winning 4 out of the last 5 seems like the bare minimum.

I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Jacksonville as they have a tough schedule down the stretch.

@ SF -- L
Houston -- W
Miami -- W
Indy -- L
@ New England -- L
@ Cleveland -- W

I think they go 3-3 or maybe even 2-4 over their last six. So they finish 9-7, most likely.

How about Pitt?

@ baltimore -- L
Oakland -- W
@ Cleveland -- W
Green Bay -- Tough one...W
Baltimore -- W
@ Miami -- Hmmmm....L

So, Pitt finishes 10-6, but hold the tiebreaker over us.

But does that 10-6 beat out the Bengals? They play 4 of 6 at home, very nice scheduling!

Cleveland -- W
Detroit -- W
@ Minn -- L
@ SD -- Hmmmmm, home field edge, L
KC -- W
NYJ -- W

11-5, Bengals take the division, esp beating Pitt twice. Nice to have that cushion.

Also in that division is the Ravens at 5-5. Great defense, inconsistent O.

Pitt -- W
@ GB -- L
Det -- W
Chi -- Wow, tough one to call.....W
@ Pitt -- L
@ Oak -- W

So 9-7 here.

The Patriots, probably take the east.

@ New Orleans -- L
@ Miami -- L
Carolina -- W
@ Buffalo - W
Jax -- W
Houston -- L

11-5 or 10-6 for the Pats.

How abut the Dolphins? They're at 5-5 right now, so....

@ buffalo -- W
NE -- L
@ jax -- L
@ Tenn -- L
Houston -- W
Pitt -- W

A pretty rough stretch, 8-8 seems likely, but 9-7 would be a real achievement.

And the Texans at 5-5

Indy -- Upset here! W
@ Jax -- L
Seattle -- W
@ St L -- W
@ Miami -- L
NE -- NE may be sitting guys, W

9-7 here, but could be 8-8 if Indy takes care of business.

Indy -- Number one seed
NE -- 11-5, Division winner
SD -- 11-5, Division winner
Cincy -- 11-5, Division winner
Pittsburgh -- 10-6, Wild Card, #5 slot
Denver -- 10-6, Wild Card, #6 slot
Jax -- 9-7
Balt -- 9-7
Houston -- 9-7
Miami -- 8-8

Some observations:
--That Charger/Bengal game is going to be huge for playoff seeding.
--Denver really screwed themselves with that Washington loss.
--It is imperative that Denver wins the games they should win. Any slip-ups vs. inferior teams will bounce them from the playoffs, there are just too many decent teams on the bubble.
--Denver's 4 game slide and debacle vs. SD sucks because Denver would hold the head to head tie breaker vs. NE and Cincy if they win the AFC West. If we could have held it together vs. SD, Denver probably would have had a first round bye! Now, unless SD collapses, we go on the road to face SD, NE. or Cincy. Ugh, I feel sick with this realization........

I don't want to go on the road to face ANY of those teams. All of us have an emotionally charged reason to WHUP OUR ASS!

Pats - McD fist pumping

San Diego - McD Trash talk and of course a bad rivalry

Bengals - Fluke lucky pass in the final seconds

Lets get this division guys!

JCMElway
11-28-2009, 01:27 AM
So in that scenario, what would happen if the Broncos won all games but Indy and finished 11-5? Who would have the tie-breaker and win the AFC west?

Here are the tie-breakers:

1 Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3 Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4 Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

If it were division records, Denver would be 5-1, and SD would be 5-1. Push.

Common games: NFC East and AFC North

If the schedules played out like my scenario with the exception of Denver winning @ Philly:

Pitt -- Den & SD Loss
Cle -- Den and SD Win
Cincy -- Den and SD Win
Balt -- Den and SD Loss

Dallas -- Den win, SD loss
NYG -- Den and SD win
Wash -- Den loss, SD win
Philly -- Den and SD win

So Denver and SD would be tied vs. common opponents. So we would go to conference record:

SD -- 8-4
Den -- 8-4

So, still tied. Then we go to:

5 Strength of victory.
6 Strength of schedule.
# Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7 Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8 Best net points in common games.
9 Best net points in all games.
10 Best net touchdowns in all games.

I do not know how to figure S.O.V, although I think ours may be stronger because we have beaten NE and Cincy, while SD has beaten Miami.

crawdad
11-28-2009, 09:06 AM
This just in, Rothlisberger will not play against Ravens!

JCMElway
11-28-2009, 09:16 AM
This just in, Rothlisberger will not play against Ravens!

Link?

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Link?

http://twitter.com/jay_glazer

i'm reporting Big Ben OUT w concussion. dixon gets the start. ben was suffering from exercise induced headaches, team shut him down
about 2 hours ago from txt

crawdad
11-28-2009, 09:22 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10442146/Roethlisberger-won%27t-play-Sunday-

Greatspirits
11-28-2009, 06:43 PM
As much as it sickens me, I'll have to root for the Queefs to beat the Chargirls!

NYBronco
11-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Go chiefs! This year the chargers will begin their playoff slide before the playoffs. I see potential losses for the chargers against Dallas, Cincinnati and Tennessee.