PDA

View Full Version : Crow eating: Bruton is a great ST player.

Kaylore
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I wasn't fond of that pick. Aside from my initial disdain for anything from Notre Dame, I thought Bruton was soft and lacked any kind of game-changing ability. I was wrong. Even if he's never better than he is now he was worth the pick. Between him and Larsen we have some decent coverage guys on ST and that makes me happy.

McDman
11-26-2009, 10:28 PM
He was in beast mode out there tonight!

Mr.Meanie
11-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Don't forget McBath on ST play

broncocalijohn
11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
First time we have given him kudos. Great tonight but I will wait on anything else if he pans out on actual plays not associated with ST. Burns was a rarity. ST is important and if he becomes that type of player, then the pick is worth it. We have had a hoopla of trouble in ST and I want to see more of this.

Popps
11-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Where he was selected... he's already giving us a great return. Special teams aces are a huge asset. Maybe he'll develop into a regular player, but even as a back-up and this kind of STs contribution, he's been great.

McDaniels and Co. targetd guys with special teams ability, and it paid off.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Brutton was a beast in college and will be our next BDawk. Dawkins says he has been in his grill trying to pick his (Dawks) brain from jumpstreet, and he has the build and more speed than Dawkins ever did! He will be much more than a ST stand-out. And he was a mid round pick. 4th round (114 overall) Who would ANYBODY want mentoring their next Strong Safety instead of WeaponX?

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Where he was selected... he's already giving us a great return. Special teams aces are a huge asset. Maybe he'll develop into a regular player, but even as a back-up and this kind of STs contribution, he's been great.

McDaniels and Co. targeted guys with special teams ability, and it paid off.

Yeah what he said! lol

Popps
11-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Yeah what he said! lol

I honestly can't even figure out if you're this skull-shatteringly dense, or if this is an act.

If it's an act, it could be much funnier. You've got a lot of work to do.

If it's not an act, there's probably no hope.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I honestly can't even figure out if you're this skull-shatteringly dense, or if this is an act.

If it's an act, it could be much funnier. You've got a lot of work to do.

If it's not an act, there's probably no hope.

You're such an angry little troll that you even have to talk shik when I give you props for a good point? How sad and pathetic!

BigPlayShay
11-26-2009, 11:53 PM
http://twitter.com/psmyth12

Four touchbacks on KOs by Matt Prater tonight tie for the second most in a game by a Bronco since 1992 (when league began tracking).

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Four touchbacks on KOs by Matt Prater tonight tie for the second most in a game by a Bronco since 1992 (when league began tracking).

He had 5.

bpc
11-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Bruton has been one of my favorite players from this draft class. We'll need him to start in a few years too.

TheReverend
11-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Way too early to eat crow on this guy. Handful of great ST plays, and a lot of solid ST play all season, but he'll most likely never develop into a real player, pinochio.

Punisher
11-27-2009, 06:33 AM
No one is better then Larsen NO ONE!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Way too early to eat crow on this guy. Handful of great ST plays, and a lot of solid ST play all season, but he'll most likely never develop into a real player, pinochio.

Yeah, stop being excited about a young player, you guys! You're so stupid to even think that anyone on this squad is worth anything.

/retard'd

cutthemdown
11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
It's hard to say really. I mean the punt hanging in air just a half second longer can make all the difference. Seemed like Berger was hitting the ball really high and it made for some nice punts and easy coverage.

strafen
11-27-2009, 07:29 AM
I've liked Brutton since the very beginning.
I think he's going to be a great player for us.
I can't wait to see him develop into a great safety in the NFL

Jekyll15Hyde
11-27-2009, 07:30 AM

Every home game should be 100% MFing touchbacks from Prater.

Kaylore
11-27-2009, 08:02 AM

How does that make me a liar? I never said he'd develop into a starter (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "real" player). Even if he is nothing more than he is right now and only plays for five or six years, it's still a good pick for round four of the draft.

colonelbeef
11-27-2009, 08:06 AM

McDaniels and Co. targetd guys with special teams ability, and it paid off.

Not as great a return as Marshall, or Sheffler, or Harris, or Kuper, or Dumervil, or Royal, but yeah, nice few ST plays. Good to see the ST finally show up for a game, they've been collecting too many free checks this year

barryr
11-27-2009, 10:04 AM
Some believed Bruton was a waste without having even seen him play and before he even stepped onto their practice field since it was part of hate anything the new regime was doing.

2KBack
11-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Every home game should be 100% MFing touchbacks from Prater.

I think it actually would have been if Hixon didn't get impatient and run one back from 3 yards in the endzone.

broncosteven
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
It was nice to see multiple players from all phases of the game playing like they wanted to win and not resting on a 6-0 start.

The entire team looked prepared and amped up to execute and make plays for the full 60 min. This is the 1st time I have seen this in the last month.

I hope they keep it up, they need help from a couple teams to make the playoffs.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm hoping the rookies and 2nd year guys can really step it up for the stretch run. There's a lot of them on the team and every good play helps.

TheReverend
11-27-2009, 01:15 PM
How does that make me a liar? I never said he'd develop into a starter (I'm assuming that's what you mean by "real" player). Even if he is nothing more than he is right now and only plays for five or six years, it's still a good pick for round four of the draft.

Hmmm, phrased confusingly I guess. Pinochio wasn't refering to you, it was at Bruton... Pinochio wanted to become a real boy, Bruton wants to play a real phase of the game. Probably just a really ****ty reference.

rbackfactory80
11-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Great game by Bruton and its effort like that that's needed and contagious.

watermock
11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Honestly, you don't draft for special teams, you MAKE THE TEAM for that.

But carry on...

DarkHorse30
11-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Great game by Bruton and its effort like that that's needed and contagious.

agreed. also, knocking a crowfeast is retarded, but considering the source...I'm not surprised. Like you said, ST rook standout plays inspire the team

BMarsh615
11-27-2009, 04:36 PM
It's hard to say really. I mean the punt hanging in air just a half second longer can make all the difference. Seemed like Berger was hitting the ball really high and it made for some nice punts and easy coverage.

Berger had a very good game IMO. He had a booming punt in the first half, I think the ball traveled like 60 yards.

Doggcow
11-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Bruton making some stud plays.

McBath has also been a solid player, filling in for Dawkins there's OBVIOUSLY GOING TO BE A DROP, but not nearly as far as I would expect from a rook.

Bronco Warrior
11-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I've liked Brutton since the very beginning.
I think he's going to be a great player for us.
I can't wait to see him develop into a great safety in the NFL

Good call! He is big, fast, strong at the point of attack, and a sure tackler...and most of all he has been in Dawkins grill trying to get better from the first OTAs. When both he and McBath have had chances to play they have played solid.Odds are that those things will lead to a good if not great safety in the years ahead.

Pony Boy
11-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Honestly, you don't draft for special teams, you MAKE THE TEAM for that.

But carry on...

Good point, remember TD will be the first to tell you a few stand out special teams hits got him on the roster and then the rest is history.........

Bronco Warrior
11-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Good point, remember TD will be the first to tell you a few stand out special teams hits got him on the roster and then the rest is history.........

I still remember that ST hit he put on in that pre-season game in Japan his rookie year! It was a classic! The first bad knee injury he had (the beginning of the end) was on an Int that he made the devastating tackle on.

On of the reasons larsen is gertting rewarded with the bulk of the FB time is his hustle on ST. Conversely Hillis' ST blunders got him in the doghouse with McD!

ColoradoBuff
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Don't forget McBath on ST play

or Barrett!

Pony Boy
11-30-2009, 03:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFioK7nzIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFioK7nzIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bowtown
11-30-2009, 05:30 PM
I can just watch that over and over again. I never get tired of watching Sharp say "running back?" I miss TD and I miss those uniforms... sigh.

dbfan21
12-01-2009, 06:21 AM
First time we have given him kudos. Great tonight but I will wait on anything else if he pans out on actual plays not associated with ST. Burns was a rarity. ST is important and if he becomes that type of player, then the pick is worth it. We have had a hoopla of trouble in ST and I want to see more of this.

I was praising this guy back in October. He has been aces on ST. I agree with you, though...we need to see more of this!!!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2609202&postcount=42

oubronco
12-01-2009, 06:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFioK7nzIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xlFioK7nzIA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Love the old uni's