PDA

View Full Version : What a team effort!

Sassy
11-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Hats off to the entire team...but Dawk! Where are the Maners that said he was too old and washed up? ;D

McDman
11-26-2009, 10:24 PM
I really don't remember anyone saying that. He's been amazing.

Popps
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
I really don't remember anyone saying that. He's been amazing.

Oh, there were plenty of detractors when we signed him.

But, that said... I can't imagine there's a fan out there that doesn't love this guy, now. What an influence he is on this entire team.

Great effort tonight. Aside from some boneheaded penalties, it was a really complete effort. Special teams were just phenomenal tonight. What a difference that makes.

We still have things to work on, of course. Red-zone efficiency has to improve. But, we got it together as the game went on.

Just a great win, and a much needed confidence boost for the guys. I'm guessing the players-meeting had a nice impact, and was part of this effort.

Bronx33
11-26-2009, 10:52 PM
dawkins was EVERYWHERE tonight!

Soul-Bronco
11-26-2009, 10:54 PM
talks the talk and walks the walk, love me some B dawk

alchemize
11-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Sheff got back into the game. Run blocking was great. They called, and threw (and completed) some deep balls. Defense put pressure on Eli all night and stopped the run. Special teams was solid.

All dramatically different from the last 4 games.

Cleo McDowell
11-26-2009, 11:03 PM
dawk!

How about David Bruton on special teams.. Seemed everywhere.

Bronx33
11-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Sheff got back into the game. Run blocking was great. They called, and threw (and completed) some deep balls. Defense put pressure on Eli all night and stopped the run. Special teams was solid.

All dramatically different from the last 4 games.

I really really really like it when the TEs get the call i was bitching up a storm about stokley getting no action and the very next play he scores Hilarious!

Sassy
11-26-2009, 11:09 PM
i really really really like it when the tes get the call i was b****ing up a storm about stokley getting no action and the very next play he scores hilarious!

yep~;)

McDman
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM

But, that said... I can't imagine there's a fan out there that doesn't love this guy, now. What an influence he is on this entire team.

Great effort tonight. Aside from some boneheaded penalties, it was a really complete effort. Special teams were just phenomenal tonight. What a difference that makes.

We still have things to work on, of course. Red-zone efficiency has to improve. But, we got it together as the game went on.

Just a great win, and a much needed confidence boost for the guys. I'm guessing the players-meeting had a nice impact, and was part of this effort.

I really wonder how many points we put up without some of those offensive line penalties. That's been a huge problem for us this year, and it has to stop quickly.

crush17
11-26-2009, 11:17 PM
The crowd was REALLY into it too... it was electric in there all night! A well deserved, TEAM win.

Feels really good right now!!!

Bronx33
11-26-2009, 11:20 PM
The crowd was REALLY into it too... it was electric in there all night! A well deserved, TEAM win.

Feels really good right now!!!

My son, nephew,neice went to the game they said it was loud as hell he also said a few gnat fans were really talking it up before the game and were silenced shortly after Hilarious!

Mr.Meanie
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
How about David Bruton on special teams.. Seemed everywhere.

All he was doing was playing some mother****ing special teams!

ZONA
11-27-2009, 01:17 AM
It's amazing what can happen when your offense blocks defenders huh. The past few games they couldn't block anybody and tonight the entire group were blocking maniacs. It was so nice to see our backs get a handful of runs where they actually got past the LOS before being touched. I really contribute much of that win to the determined effort to RUN THE MuthaPhucin BALL. It really did set up so much of the passing game.

I guess the only downside of the game was the INT and the 3 consecutive false starts (that was just pathetic as can be).

But yes, a total team effort tonight, all 3 phases. Hard to lose when you beat the other team in every phase of the game.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Good game.

Someone must have reminded McD that Scheff was still on our roster. go figure.

NYBronco
11-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Our new guys on the Oline, Hochstein and Polumbus played a good game as well.

Sassy
11-27-2009, 07:14 AM
It's also amazing what a little rest can do for your D!

jhns
11-27-2009, 07:20 AM
This team can beat anyone if they play all 3 phases like that every week. That was a fun game to watch.

oubronco
11-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Now thats how you play football..........Now thats how you do it

55CrushEm
11-27-2009, 08:12 AM

Yeah, ST were great......Bruton and Prater should get co-ST players of the week. What did Prater have? 5 touchbacks? .....to go along with his 4 FG.....

cutthemdown
11-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Let's face it Broncos unpredictable. The win 6, lose 4, then play great team ball again and win. I thought Dawk was losing some, but I think he is one of those amazing football players that will be good until the last play he plays. He is amazing and one of the most fired up players I have seen play for Broncos.

Romo got like that, and that sort of nastiness is effective when it comes to firing up the more docile personalities.

GeniusatWork
11-27-2009, 08:42 AM
That was interesting mediator12 started that "scheme" thread and it looked like Denver changed their scheme up. And had the Giants scheme figured out.

gtown
11-27-2009, 09:00 AM
That was interesting mediator12 started that "scheme" thread and it looked like Denver changed their scheme up. And had the Giants scheme figured out.

Was good seeing more ZBS on offense, and some unpredictability on defense. We had several "amoeba" presnap looks for Manning, and most of them worked well. We also got some pressure without blitzing on a few occasions.

I was really impressed with the secondary last night. This might sound strange, but I believe Goodman has had a better year than Champ. If we go after Joe Haden in the draft, I could see Goodman supplanting Champ as the No. 1.

I don't know why McD ever wanted to get rid of Sheff. That guy is a matchup nightmare.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Yes, that was a solid team effort all around.

Los Broncos
11-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Dawkins was just every where, he pounds the ball carrier with his fists, never seen anyting like it.

2KBack
11-27-2009, 10:53 AM
Was good seeing more ZBS on offense, and some unpredictability on defense. We had several "amoeba" presnap looks for Manning, and most of them worked well. We also got some pressure without blitzing on a few occasions.

I was really impressed with the secondary last night. This might sound strange, but I believe Goodman has had a better year than Champ. If we go after Joe Haden in the draft, I could see Goodman supplanting Champ as the No. 1.

I don't know why McD ever wanted to get rid of Sheff. That guy is a matchup nightmare.

Goodman played a fantastic game last night, but don't discount Champ. Eli's first options were always away from Champs side of the field. Goodman did what he was brought into do, which was hold up under the pressure of the offense being guided away from Champ.

Of course there was also Champ knocking DJ Ware out of the game on a monster hit.

barryr
11-27-2009, 11:15 AM
The best overall team performance in quite awhile obviously. The defense really had Manning and the Giants confused much of the game. The penalties were a problem again, but they were able to offset them.

Ambiguous
11-27-2009, 11:53 AM
The team looked great last night, really in a team sense - everybody held up and nobody had to make anything up for other players. Everyone playing consistently good, with no glaring weakness - I loved seeing that.

Nothing to complain about here, I just hope they can keep playing like this down the stretch.

Bronx33
11-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Now this team needs to focus on being consistant and carry this play into the next game and iam hoping the OL in the running game plays well next week the run game was HUGE in that game they basically wore the g-nats D out. And that opens up the pass game naturally and also gice MCD many more options as far as play calling is concened.

tsiguy96
11-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Goodman played a fantastic game last night, but don't discount Champ. Eli's first options were always away from Champs side of the field. Goodman did what he was brought into do, which was hold up under the pressure of the offense being guided away from Champ.

Of course there was also Champ knocking DJ Ware out of the game on a monster hit.

i posted in the chat room last night, when has deion sanders ever gotten close to hitting someone like that?

deion may be the best cover corner of all time, champ is the best CORNERBACK, which entails helping in run support, coverage, being a football player.

HorseHead
11-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Great win...but the G-Men obviously would've have rather been at home sucking down cranberry sauce. They didn't show up, kind of like us last week....