PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos Are Back

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Discuss.

The Joker
11-26-2009, 07:35 PM
If the Giants come back, it's entirely your fault.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 07:37 PM
If the Giants come back, it's entirely your fault.

Okay. If we win, I get credit, right? :thumbsup:

Man, it feels good to see them play like this.

The Joker
11-26-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay. If we win, I get credit, right? :thumbsup:

Man, it feels good to see them play like this.

Deal.

And i agree. :sunshine:

Lot of ball to play yet, can we finally play a complete 60 minutes?

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Deal.

And i agree. :sunshine:

Lot of ball to play yet, can we finally play a complete 60 minutes?

We're better then them.

We will win this.

It's statement time.

BossChief
11-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Jinx

Jekyll15Hyde
11-26-2009, 08:00 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves here

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 08:01 PM
lets not get ahead of ourselves here

If we weren't clearly better than them, I wouldn't have posted this.

We are, and we will win.

And it feels good.

kmartin575
11-26-2009, 08:49 PM
If we weren't clearly better than them, I wouldn't have posted this.

We are, and we will win.

And it feels good.

Talent wise, no your not better than them.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Domination.

This wasn't winning. This wasn't home field advantage. Or whatever.

This was one team was clearly better than the other.

And we were that team.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Pardon? The talent spoke tonight.

Meck77
11-26-2009, 08:51 PM
At 6-4 I'd argue we never left. We're a good team when we have our starting QB healthy.

Atwater His Ass
11-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't get all homered up over 1 good game in the last 5.

Solid win, but the offense is still struggling to score points and finish drives.

Pretty much same story all year. The offense plays pretty average to bad, and if the defense shows up, we win the game.

Need to fix this offense.

Meck77
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Give me more ugly wins Atwater. More mother ****ing ugly wins.

The Joker
11-26-2009, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't get all homered up over 1 good game in the last 5.

Solid win, but the offense is still struggling to score points and finish drives.

Pretty much same story all year. The offense plays pretty average to bad, and if the defense shows up, we win the game.

Need to fix this offense.

Every silver lining has a cloud eh?

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 09:01 PM

This wasn't an "ugly" win. This was one team is better than the other. And we were the team that was better.

Feels good, because the Bal and Pit games it felt the opposite. We are back.

Meck77
11-26-2009, 09:03 PM
That's a term Taco coined in 2005. We just kept winning ugly. I know that it didn't make sense.

Atwater His Ass
11-26-2009, 09:06 PM

I wouldn't call that an "ugly" win.

I'd call it defensive domination and offense doing enough to win.

This was an above average performance relative to our offense. However, HUGE concern with finishing drives with TD's. Redzone offense today was TERRIBLE and won't be good enough to win us games where our defense doesn't play lights out. I only need to refer to the last month.

I'm not happy with backing into the playoffs and getting boned in the wildcard round.

The only way that we can compete for a title, will be to improve the offense and specifically the redzone.

Popps
11-26-2009, 09:07 PM
At 6-4 I'd argue we never left. We're a good team when we have our starting QB healthy.

Amazing the difference a starting QB makes, huh?

No one wanted to stop and discuss that being a possibility amid the panic.

The Joker
11-26-2009, 09:07 PM
368 yards total offense.

235 through the air - 133 on the ground.

Giants will be lucky to put up 200 yards offense themselves.

I'll take "ugly" wins like that any day of the week.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Not an "ugly win". We were the better team tonight by far. Cinci was an ugly win, not this game.

Orange4Life
11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
7-4 We're in a good spot here. He have positioned ourselves to make some things happen. Get some extra days off to get healed up and then kick kc's ass!!! I still believe

Atwater His Ass
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
368 yards total offense.

235 through the air - 133 on the ground.

Giants will be lucky to put up 200 yards offense themselves.

I'll take "ugly" wins like that any day of the week.

So, you were ok with the massive yardage output of last year's offense, but the mediocre ability to score in the redzone?

We could have dropped 30+ points tonight with proper redzone execution.

Don't blind yourself just because of the W. The defense is not going to dominate like this every game. Sometime, the O is going to have to step up and win us a game or two.

Meck77
11-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Atwater to be honest I could give a **** what makes you happy pal. It's thanksgiving. The Broncos won. We have a good shot at the playoffs. Try and enjoy it if you like.

Heading for seconds. Go Broncos!

SoCalBronco
11-26-2009, 09:16 PM

The Chiefs are 3-7. Denver is 7-4.

Go swallow Bob.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 09:17 PM
So, you were ok with the massive yardage output of last year's offense, but the mediocre ability to score in the redzone?

Don't blind yourself just because of the W. The defense is not going to dominate like this every game. Sometime, the O is going to have to step up and win us a game or two.

If a neutral person watched this game, they'd say the Broncos are a lot better than the Giants.

We got our issues, but apparently not like the Giants do.

It is a big win.

NYBronco
11-26-2009, 09:19 PM
"Ugly win"... the only part of ugly I saw were drive killing holding and illegal motion penalties.

bpc
11-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, win the next two and we'll talk.

Great game by the defense, efficient game on offense. Moreno showed much better instincts tonight which was encouraging. Orton still sucks.

Big hurdle at KC, despite their record, and then at Indy. We need to take advantage of this break and get some guys healthy.

Orange4Life
11-26-2009, 09:25 PM

Holy **** dude. Its Thanksgiving. We won after four in a row. Just be happy and stop the **** fest for once. Everyone knows this team isn't perfect but if you can't find a reason to be happy tonight I feel sorry for you.

oubronco
11-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Holy **** dude. Its Thanksgiving. We won after four in a row. Just be happy and stop the **** fest for once. Everyone knows this team isn't perfect but if you can't find a reason to be happy tonight I feel sorry for you.

how can he be he's got Atwater up his ass

theAPAOps5
11-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, win the next two and we'll talk.

Great game by the defense, efficient game on offense. Moreno showed much better instincts tonight which was encouraging. Orton still sucks.

Big hurdle at KC, despite their record, and then at Indy. We need to take advantage of this break and get some guys healthy.

No whoa whoa. Get over it get on board. Hate this team all you want since its not a Shanny coached team but this was a statement game if I have ever seen one. Hell Denver was 7 point underdogs and they came out and dominated. This is the team we saw at the start.

Cut the BS wait and see this is a team levels above a Shanny coached team. They would have packed it in already.

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 09:32 PM
No whoa whoa. Get over it get on board. Hate this team all you want since its not a Shanny coached team but this was a statement game if I have ever seen one. Hell Denver was 7 point underdogs and they came out and dominated. This is the team we saw at the start.

Cut the BS wait and see this is a team levels above a Shanny coached team. They would have packed it in already.

In the history of Bronco football, the Broncos have won 2 Super Bowls. Both of those were coached by Shanny.

Lets cheer for this team without ****ting on that guy.

Shanny is a Bronco hero. And we were awesome tonight. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

oubronco
11-26-2009, 09:32 PM
in the history of bronco football, the broncos have won 2 super bowls. Both of those were coached by shanny.

Lets cheer for this team without ****ting on that guy.

Shanny is a bronco hero. And we were awesome tonight. Doesn't have to be one or the other.

exactly

bolthead123
11-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Congratulations on the Win. Looks like the defense finally decided to show up.

go_broncos
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM
We are back..Feels good to taste a victory after long time

frerottenextelway
11-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes you are right. I understand where you are coming from and fully respect Shanahan for what he brought to Denver. But this team under Shanny in the past 5 years would have folded.

Shanny probably will benefit from this and come back better than ever for his next team and will probably win another SB or 2. But his message became stale and his shelf life expired here in Denver.

So I can recognize that he is the best coach to ever coach the Broncos but I am not a homer either like yourself. I can recognize that his message started to fade and a change was needed. Now run along and decide if you are a Shanny fan or Broncos fan. As for me I am both and can separate the two.

I aim to do 2 things. 1.) Cheer on the Broncos. 2.) Give an honest opinion.

I thought at the time that firing Shanny was wrong, but we were clearly a good team tonight. If you have a problem w/ that, it's your problem, not mine. I'll continue to do 1.) ..... and 2.).

TonyR
11-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Moreno showed much better instincts tonight which was encouraging.

Almost as good as Mike Bell tonight.

bpc
11-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Almost as good as Mike Bell tonight.

Definitely closer. Still missed that 100 yd mark though.

Honestly, 10-6 does not get into the playoffs. 11-5 is on the cusp and NE showed last year that doesn't guarantee anything. 12-4 guarantees we go to the party.

Kyle Orton guarantees that we won't party for that long.

TonyR
11-26-2009, 09:56 PM

Honestly, 10-6 does not get into the playoffs. 11-5 is on the cusp and NE showed last year that doesn't guarantee anything. 12-4 guarantees we go to the party.

And I bet you overcooked your turkey and got the short end of the wishbone.

Meck77
11-26-2009, 09:57 PM

Wow man you might need some depression medication or something. We haven't even sniffed the playoffs for three damn years. We're 7-4 with a good shot. Don't kill yourself just yet.

broncolife
11-26-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow man you might need some depression medication or something. We haven't even sniffed the playoffs for three damn years. We're 7-4 with a good shot. Don't kill yourself just yet.

We sniffed it last year:(

Inkana7
11-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Kyle Orton is awesome.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2009, 10:08 PM
It feels great to win a game again....it's been a long time....since October 19th.

Nice way to top off an excellent Thanksgiving.

Now we have 10 days to heal up and prepare for Kansas City.

NYBronco
11-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Moreno looked good!

Soul-Bronco
11-26-2009, 10:14 PM

and cutler would? lol dude go eat some turkey and enjoy your holiday, we

trying to ENJOY a big win

is it really that hard for some people to get cooter?

Broncoman13
11-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes you are right. I understand where you are coming from and fully respect Shanahan for what he brought to Denver. But this team under Shanny in the past 5 years would have folded.

Shanny probably will benefit from this and come back better than ever for his next team and will probably win another SB or 2. But his message became stale and his shelf life expired here in Denver.

So I can recognize that he is the best coach to ever coach the Broncos but I am not a homer either like yourself. I can recognize that his message started to fade and a change was needed. Now run along and decide if you are a Shanny fan or Broncos fan. As for me I am both and can separate the two.

QFT! Happy Thanksgiving my friend!

broncocalijohn
11-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Are we back? If we played like this, we can beat KC twice and the Raiders at home. All I think we need is 10 wins. Dawkins all over the ball and I think I only saw one bad, missed tackle. Goodman played well and ST was outstanding (TY #30 and Berger). Did anyone hear Tuck's name at all tonight? I just want this team to lay off the penalties especially in the red zone when we need to score 7 and not 3. I dont want to have to hear McDaniels get cussing mad at intermission!

broncocalijohn
11-26-2009, 10:24 PM
and cutler would? Lol dude go eat some turkey and enjoy your holiday, we

trying to enjoy a big win

is it really that hard for some people to get cooter?

reason why many dont take rasta & bpc much for topics/posts. How some of these guys swing from Jay's sack is unbelievable. We had a choice folks of Cutler or Orton. I will take Orton right now and our guaranteed 7-4 record.

Bronx33
11-26-2009, 10:34 PM
How can we be "back" when it's one win out of five .....................discuss

Al Wilson
11-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Anybody who doubts Kyle Orton can kiss my ass. This guy clearly leads the team, and he's the man at QB

Kaylore
11-26-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm just happy we're better than last year and moving in the right direction. 5 games left. We win three and we're at 10-6. That's completely respectable for having had to blown up the mess that was here. I'd love to make the playoffs if for nothing more than the experience.

Popps
11-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I'm just happy we're better than last year and moving in the right direction. 5 games left. We win three and we're at 10-6. That's completely respectable for having had to blown up the mess that was here. I'd love to make the playoffs if for nothing more than the experience.

Ditto.

Tonight was huge in that it sets us up to have a confident stretch-run.

This team isn't talented enough to win a SB this season, but we certainly have a nice foundation going, and we're way ahead of schedule, imo.

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2009, 01:43 AM
Anybody who doubts Kyle Orton can kiss my ass. This guy clearly leads the team, and he's the man at QB

Most people agree Orton is a good leader. However, is QB'ing skills will for ever be mediocre. And that never has been nor never will be good enough.

Orton is the ultimate backup QB. Nothing more than a stop-gap caretaker as a starter though.

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2009, 01:44 AM

Who said I wasn't happy with the win?

However, my sights are set higher than winning a single regular season game. Glad you are easily amused by bright lights and shiny objects.

Borks147
11-27-2009, 01:47 AM
Most people agree Orton is a good leader. However, is QB'ing skills will for ever be mediocre. And that never has been nor never will be good enough.

Orton is the ultimate backup QB. Nothing more than a stop-gap caretaker as a starter though.

dude. open your eyes

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2009, 01:48 AM
dude. open your eyes

Are you attempting to imply that Orton is a top tier QB?

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2009, 01:55 AM
Who said I wasn't happy with the win?

However, my sights are set higher than winning a single regular season game. Glad you are easily amused by bright lights and shiny objects.

im tellin ya, it must be really hard for some dudes to get laid

Atwater His Ass
11-27-2009, 02:02 AM
oh wow, syck burn brah.

bpc
11-27-2009, 05:42 AM
The point being 12-4 guarantees we dance. 11-5 is the cusp, should get us there but as NE showed, that can still have you sitting on the sideline.

After starting 6-0, dropping the next four, and winning last night, i'm going to wait out the next two weeks before I get excited for the playoffs. We have to find a way to win at KC which isn't easy for us, no matter how bad they are, and at Indy. The next two weeks will tell us a lot. The defense is going to have to shut down everybody from this point on.