PDA

View Full Version : pretty sure marshall still wants to be traded...

tsiguy96
11-26-2009, 06:59 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13871084?source=rss

Marshall is making $2.198 million this season, the final year of his first NFL contract, and will become a restricted free agent after the season, giving the Broncos the right to match any other offer he might receive.

"My contract is over in a month and a half, so I'll be able to accomplish the things I want to accomplish," Marshall said. "There will be a team out there willing to trade for anybody, I mean anybody, who has accomplished the things that I've accomplished."

Cool Breeze
11-26-2009, 07:03 AM
If only he had thought far enough ahead to understand this, he could have avoided looking like the ass he did.

What sort of comp pick do we get if he leaves?

Broncoman13
11-26-2009, 07:43 AM
Good, he would be better off on a team that would use his talents. Honestly I think a team like the Cowboys would be better for him b/c o their style of offense. If we could get a first round pick for him and possibly more, I'd do it. I love Brandon Marshall's play but I don't think he's a good fit here. Always will be a fan and outside of him playing against the Broncos, I'll cheer for him to do well.

Here is what we have coming up in 2010:

FRANCHISE STARS

1. Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State (Jr.) - Would be a dream. Outstanding Speed and Size. He is a special player that has the potential to be another Calvin Johnson type.
2. Arrelious Benn, Illinois (Jr.) - Haven't seen a lot of him, anyone else?
3. Brandon LaFell, WR LSU - Ditto

LIKELY STARTERS

4. Marshawn Gilyard, Cincinnati
5. Damian Williams, USC (Jr.)
6. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas (Jr.) - This kid gets after it. Very productive and if he played at an SEC school or at a Texas/Oklahoma everyone would know his name.
7. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech (Jr.)
8. Bryan Anderson, Central Michigan
9. Malcolm Williams, Texas (3rd year Soph.) - Good size, speed is questionable.
10. Eric Decker, Minnesota
11. Naaman Roosevelt, Buffalo
12. Golden Tate, Notre Dame (Jr.) - System exposure and outstanding talent make him a real possibility in the 4th-7th rounds.
13. Jordan Shipley, Texas- My 2nd favorite receiver in the draft. This kid has Wes Welker written all over him. Extremely productive and will be an excellent return man and slot man in the NFL. Actually, he is a cross between Welker and Stokely. Probably a little faster than Welker (Like Stokley) but probably not as smart as Welker... as you would expect from a Texas player when it comes to NFL prep. Still, if he is around in the 3rd or 4th round I think McD pulls the trigger on this kid. A fast run and good workouts could put him into the 2nd round though.

Broncoman13
11-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Oh, and don't sleep on Jacoby Ford. That kid will have a Mike Wallace type impact in the NFL.

NYBronco
11-26-2009, 08:03 AM
For Marshall's sake I hope there remains a Brandon Stokely presence where ever he may decide to go play.

Pony Boy
11-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Oh, and don't sleep on Jacoby Ford. That kid will have a Mike Wallace type impact in the NFL.

What about Julio Jones, when can he come out , he's a stud......

elsid13
11-26-2009, 08:17 AM
What about Julio Jones, when can he come out , he's a stud......

He is a true sophomore, another year yet.

Soul-Bronco
11-26-2009, 08:29 AM
well if he still wants a trade, let him go, i rather have us draft some nasty talent in this years draft then deal with a player who doesnt wanna be here

Florida_Bronco
11-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Talk about a stretch. ::)

TonyR
11-26-2009, 08:38 AM
...a player who doesnt wanna be here...

It's not about where he wants to be. It's about wanting more money. If the Broncos pay him what he and his agent are looking for he'll want to be a Bronco.

Paladin
11-26-2009, 08:39 AM
A fourth is all he's worth at this point.

Ya know, at some point you have to ask: what sort of player actually "fits" the new team?

CEH
11-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Be careful. You just don't trade away playmakers and figure you will find one better with the pick aquired

We had 5 1st or 2nd round picks in '09 and only one is starting
I don't like the odds atleast right away

Marshall just wants to be paid for what he's done on the field.
Accomplished I think is teh term he used

Without him we lose the NE and Dall games.

Someone will pay him.

I'd rather pay him then trade him and turn around and try to use that pick to draft another WR. .

I think Brandon will be a Bronco for along time and set records here in Denver

Cool Breeze
11-26-2009, 08:49 AM
be careful. You just don't trade away playmakers and figure you will find one better with the pick aquired

we had 5 1st or 2nd round picks in '09 and only one is starting
i don't like the odds atleast right away

marshall just wants to be paid for what he's done on the field.
Accomplished i think is teh term he used

without him we lose the ne and dall games.

Someone will pay him.

I'd rather pay him then trade him and turn around and try to use that pick to draft another wr. .

I think brandon will be a bronco for along time and set records here in denver

qft ^5

oubronco
11-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Be careful. You just don't trade away playmakers and figure you will find one better with the pick aquired

We had 5 1st or 2nd round picks in '09 and only one is starting
I don't like the odds atleast right away

Marshall just wants to be paid for what he's done on the field.
Accomplished I think is teh term he used

Someone will pay him.

I'd rather pay him then trade him and turn around and try to use that pick to draft another WR. .

I think Brandon will be a Bronco for along time and set records here in Denver

maybe he's too stupid for McD's complex mastermind offense along with the rest of the offense cause it sure isn't working

HEAV
11-26-2009, 09:15 AM
McDaniels won't discuss Marshall's long-term future with the Broncos, but said he has grown to love his playmaking potential and passionate personality, even if Marshall at times has trouble harnessing his emotions, such as Sunday, when he berated rookie tailback Know-shon Moreno on the sideline after a fumble.

"I'm proud of where we've gone, from what he did to get through and get past," McDaniels said. "Boy, how he's handled it has been impressive to me, to be in that situation, and then be where he is now."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Good riddance.

Just as soon trade him for a non-drama queen, non-TO impersonator, and non-member of the "Slap a Ho Tribe" who really wants to be here.

jhns
11-26-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/preseason_update.htm

NFLBRONCO
11-26-2009, 09:36 AM
When we draft Dez we won't need BM

McDman
11-26-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't know why we are not working on extensions right now. We need to get Marshall, Doom, and Kuper locked up.

oubronco
11-26-2009, 10:03 AM
McDaniels won't discuss Marshall's long-term future with the Broncos, but said he has grown to love his playmaking potential and passionate personality, even if Marshall at times has trouble harnessing his emotions, such as Sunday, when he berated rookie tailback Know-shon Moreno on the sideline after a fumble.

"I'm proud of where we've gone, from what he did to get through and get past," McDaniels said. "Boy, how he's handled it has been impressive to me, to be in that situation, and then be where he is now."

If he had to grow into loving Marshall's playmaking ability maybe he isn't smart enough for his complex system

bpc
11-26-2009, 10:10 AM
ha ha. You guys are joking if you think we can just give up BMarsh with the trash we have on offense right now at the skill positions. Just look at HB and QB. Maybe Knowshon improves. We hope right? Still, Marshall depends on a weak armed QB getting the ball to him and that's a thing Orton has yet to show consistently.

Unfortunately for Denver and Marshall, we're not gonna let him just walk which means another offseason of explosive acts and stupid statements to the media.

Pony Boy
11-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Marshall's not playing because he has a passion for the game, he just wants the money... Once he gets the big contract he will fade, locking him up long term is a real stretch.

eddie mac
11-26-2009, 10:56 AM
If only he had thought far enough ahead to understand this, he could have avoided looking like the ass he did.

If McDaniels/Xanders dont place a 1st and 3rd rd tender on him they should be frogmarched out of the building for stupidity.

Lolad
11-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Knowing Josh they'll give Bmarsh up for a 4th an trade that pick away for a 7th in next years draft for value.

orinjkrush
11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
If McDaniels/Xanders dont place a 1st and 3rd rd tender on him they should be frogmarched out of the building for stupidity.

absolutely.

BlaK-Argentina
11-26-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm so tired about reading and worrying about stuff like this. If he wants to leave, make sure you get as much as you can and send him away. What this team does not need is a player that doesn't want to be here. If all he wants is money, pay him and move on (assuming they want to keep him), if not: bye bye!

Just win the damn games.

JJJ
11-26-2009, 01:30 PM
He is not tall enough for our roster.

Aww, what the hell. Trade him to San Diego. We will give Hester straight up for him and have him work the slot.

SoCalBronco
11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I don't see a problem, there. He wants to get paid. We knew that already. He's continuing to produce, so he's doing his job. He's also keeping his nose clean (at least so far in this regular season). The dynamic hasn't changed. I don't blame him for wanting to get paid. We'll see whether they can work something out. I believe Bowlen said early in the season that he would extend a good offer to him next summer. Whether that comports with what he would get from the outside is probably another matter, altogether.

UberBroncoMan
11-26-2009, 02:12 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13871084?source=rss

... the man just doesn't know how to shut his ****ing mouth for more than a month or two after embarrassing himself. STFU with the trade talk and "let your play do the talking" like Rod Smith told you.

Hogan11
11-26-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm so tired about reading and worrying about stuff like this. If he wants to leave, make sure you get as much as you can and send him away. What this team does not need is a player that doesn't want to be here. If all he wants is money, pay him and move on (assuming they want to keep him), if not: bye bye!

Just win the damn games.

Amen. I wish they'd just make him a take it or leave it offer and get him off the plate of concerns. This team has enough things to deal with right now without this stuff rearing it's ugly head again.

bronco militia
11-26-2009, 03:00 PM
fisher is full of ****...I remember Jim Haslett (saints) getting into it with broncos players during a game.

it happens all the time

elsid13
11-26-2009, 03:42 PM
It is a business were the lifespan of employment is extremely short, of course he wants to get paid as much as possible as fast as possible. That doesn't make any less a player because he attempting to earn money.

GeniusatWork
11-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Until he geta paid he will keep jawing like this.

DBroncos4life
11-26-2009, 11:57 PM
If we don't pay him to stay here I would love to read something about it to justify him not being a Bronco.

ZONA
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM
If anybody doesn't read I JUST WANT TO GET PAID in that then they are ignorant. Of course he would rather stay here, he just wants to get paid is all, and he will.

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2009, 12:01 AM

I'd also throw the Cincy game in there too. No way does Stokley score at the end if 3 guys aren't trying to decapitate Marshall on that play.

cutthemdown
11-27-2009, 12:11 AM

Well as a RFA it would depend what we tendered him at. So I think if we tendered the highest amount it would be a 1st and a 3rd round pick.

Im surprsied no one who knows for sure has answered your question. I don't really know for sure, but I know we would get at least a first and another pick.

cutthemdown
11-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Broncos IMO should pay him as long as he finishes yr healthy. We can't take that big a step backward on offense. He's just too much of a playmaker to let go. In fact IMO if the RFA isn't good enough Broncos should just use the Franchise tag on him? anyone know if we can do that? Then I think he would make what something like 10-12 mill for a one yr shot? Or whatever top 10% of the highest wr right? or is it 5%?

I'm not sure but Broncos hold a lot of cards in an uncapped yr because you get 3 tags, and many of the fa already only RFA.

ZONA
11-27-2009, 12:31 AM
Broncos IMO should pay him as long as he finishes yr healthy. We can't take that big a step backward on offense. He's just too much of a playmaker to let go. In fact IMO if the RFA isn't good enough Broncos should just use the Franchise tag on him? anyone know if we can do that? Then I think he would make what something like 10-12 mill for a one yr shot? Or whatever top 10% of the highest wr right? or is it 5%?

I'm not sure but Broncos hold a lot of cards in an uncapped yr because you get 3 tags, and many of the fa already only RFA.

I'd be willing to bet we can and would slap the tag on him if we needed to. I don't think BM will be allowed to leave. But I think the FO and BM will work things out and he will probably just sign here, and I will be a happy man. You just don't see guys with his size, speed and hands that often.

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2009, 12:47 AM
we might use that franchise tag on doom

ZONA
11-27-2009, 01:04 AM
we might use that franchise tag on doom

Well aren't there 3 this year?

OBF1
11-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Sorry drama queens, But Marshall is not going anywhere. I am sure you will find anything else to chop off your head and run around like a crazy person about.

Bronco Yoda
11-27-2009, 02:40 AM
Just pay him.

LongDongJohnson
11-27-2009, 02:47 AM
did you see marshall tonight? marshall is the biggest playmaker on the team.

denver would be retarded not to keep the guy. without marshall our sucky offense will suck even more.

BabyTO
11-27-2009, 03:05 AM
That's called negotiating you moron. He wants to let Denver know that they will have to really do anything they can to keep him here, which means treat him well and offer him a big contract.

SPORTSWRITER
11-27-2009, 03:24 AM
I don't know why we are not working on extensions right now. We need to get Marshall, Doom, and Kuper locked up.

Too bad we can't use the ole "franchise" tag on three of 'em. BTW, who will we franchise, if applicable?

Blueflame
11-27-2009, 03:35 AM
Too bad we can't use the ole "franchise" tag on three of 'em. BTW, who will we franchise, if applicable?

La Mont Jordan.

(it's a joke, Popps!)

NYBronco
11-27-2009, 04:43 AM
did you see marshall tonight? marshall is the biggest playmaker on the team.

denver would be retarded not to keep the guy. without marshall our sucky offense will suck even more.

Last year we were so much less sucky.

colonelbeef
11-27-2009, 08:12 AM
It's not about where he wants to be. It's about wanting more money. If the Broncos pay him what he and his agent are looking for he'll want to be a Bronco.

This.

It's all about the money. NFL careers can end in a flash, they are well within their rights going for the cash asap. This is America, right?

Broncos need to keep Marshall. You don't trade sure things like him for crapshoot draft picks.

tnedator
11-27-2009, 09:13 AM

If he is a RFA, then it will depend on what type of tender offer the Broncos put on him. I say if, because he is only a restricted free agent if next year is an uncapped year (no CBA is in place) or if the union is successful in getting a CBA in before the draft, but allow the free agent rules for '10 to be like they would be if they were an uncapped year (this rumour floated around a couple weeks ago).

So, capped year = Marshall is an UFA. Uncapped year = Marshall is an RFA.

They Broncos will almost certainly put the highest tenure on Marshall, which means they agree to pay him something like $2.5 to 3 million (not sure what the high tender will be for '10), but another team can sign him to a deal. If a team signs Marshall, they will have to give the Broncos 1st and 3rd round picks. Also, the Broncos have the option of matching the offer first.

So, if Al Davis comes along and offers him $60 million over 5 years, we would have the option of either signing Marshall ourselves at that $60 million price tag or getting a 1st and 3rd for him (I believe 1st and 3rd is correc for the high tender).

broncswin
11-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Knowing Josh they'll give Bmarsh up for a 4th an trade that pick away for a 7th in next years draft for value.

Damn, I didn't know you and Josh were so close...could you give me the inside track on what he will do nextHilarious!

BlaK-Argentina
11-27-2009, 09:55 AM
We should just pay him. :P Last night showed me that our offense would be extremely bad without him.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
For Marshall's sake I hope there remains a Brandon Stokely presence where ever he may decide to go play.

For Marshall's sake I hope he can play with a QB that hit him in full stride and doesn't throw him circus passes as Orton has done thru out the season.

Marshall is a top receiver and he needs to play with a QB that has a stronger arm than what Kyle currently brings to the table.

tsiguy96
11-27-2009, 12:47 PM
For Marshall's sake I hope he can play with a QB that hit him in full stride and doesn't throw him circus passes as Orton has done thru out the season.

Marshall is a top receiver and he needs to play with a QB that has a stronger arm than what Kyle currently brings to the table.

yea, receivers need a qb with a superarm in order to be successful!

rastaman
11-27-2009, 01:00 PM
I'd be willing to bet we can and would slap the tag on him if we needed to. I don't think BM will be allowed to leave. But I think the FO and BM will work things out and he will probably just sign here, and I will be a happy man. You just don't see guys with his size, speed and hands that often.

Brandon wants to paid like a superstar! The problem that could arise in here in Denver is if Bowlen adopts the New England Patriot Robert Kraft-Belicheck culture and atmosphere of not paying their superstars what players are making on other teams. I could see Bmarsh wanting to leave Denver if he gets caught up into that type of scenario.

rastaman
11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
yea, receivers need a qb with a superarm in order to be successful!

No said a super arm....just an arm that can hit their WR's in full stride. Thats not asking for too much......Is It!

Hulamau
11-27-2009, 01:15 PM

Yep what he said was negotiating tactics

rastaman
11-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Yep what he said was negotiating tactics

Yep! The NFL is a business. Nothing personal.....its just business.:sunshine: