PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:52 AM
Lets see Moreno is Rookie of the Week what 3 times now this season. He leads all rookies in yards gained and he is a loser? Come on now don't be ridiculous I like Hillis but lets not get crazy here dragster. Moreno is good and will only get better. Hillis is fun to watch and should get more touches but should NOT be the feature back. Thats just retarded man.

I think everyone can agree that Hillis is just impactful tool that is being under utilized. With 3 games remaining should McD's choice of RB's not get the job done or are injured the Broncos can ill afford not to give Hillis any scripted plays to see if he can jump start the offense with his power running and his receiving skills out of the backfield.

Point is with 3 games remaining, has Moreno hit the rookie wall and getting worn down? How effective will Moreno be in the post season? If Larsen is ready to go at FB and C-Buck isn't ready to go, does McD finally relent and pencil in Hillis as the 2nd HB? Another question if C-Buck can't practice all this week, will McD allow Hillis to take C-Buck's practice snaps to gain continuity and familiarity with the first team offense?

Lots of questions to be answered to be answered during December. One thing is for sure, during the next 3 weeks a young 33 year old rookie head coach has some soul searching to do btwn how to utilize Peyton Hillis, should his rookie RB and his often hobbled veteran RB just can't get the job done.

Oh by the way Popps.....thanks for starting this thread you have raised a very thought provoking issue on McD's decison making ability or lack thereof thus far with puting the best players out on the field to enhance Broncos chances of winning.

fontaine
12-15-2009, 06:00 AM
I don't want to get involved in this never ending debate.

All I have to say is that when you're starting RB pulls up lame on first down, then doesn't run with his usual short area quickness on 2nd, maybe it's time you sit him and go with a backup.

There were so many times in that game when Moreno looked out of breath, tired, and barely able to go yet that's when his name was called and he fell short. I don't blame Moreno at all, I think given how poorly the OL has blocked he's done a great job, but it just makes sense to spell him now and then considering that he's not ready to be an every down RB just yet.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:10 AM
A player has to say something when a coach chooses to deactivate him. That's a very telling gesture. But, the wording is illuminating, indeed.

But, nothing that wasn't fairly obvious to anyone paying attention.

There's a reason the reporter asked McDaniels today... "Why is Hillis in your doghouse?"

It's old news, at this point. Peyton has to earn it. Hopefully he will this week.

Classic cover move Ole man Popps......you slick ass McD wannabe. Whats this crap we will see this WEEK!

So are you saying if the prima donna rookie HC realizes his screw ups by not having allowing scripted plays for Hillis over the last 14 weeks, suddenly does so against the Raiders, is it b/c Hillis suddenly had a FANTASTIC PRACTICE and learned the OFFENSE? And EARNS the RIGHT to play with the first team offense?

And low and behold if Hillis has a break out game against Oakland, will McD suddenly look like a genius or a lessons learned-Johnny Come Lately rookie HC?

What will the Robotic McD apologist and Hillis doubters say if Hillis has a great game this Sunday? Will these sycohpants say Hillis did against a mediocre Raider defense thats "Garbage"!!!

Lets just hope that the Hillis doubters and McD apologist and McD himself will be able to save face with hoping the Moreno and C-Buck can come back with great performances to save their dwindling respectablity. TIME IS RUNNING OUT----THERES ONLY 3 GAMES LEFT!!!

fontaine
12-15-2009, 06:15 AM
Classic cover move Ole man Popps......you slick ass McD wannabe. Whats this crap we will see this WEEK!

So are you saying if the prima donna rookie HC realizes his screw ups by not having allowing scripted plays for Hillis over the last 14 weeks, suddenly does so against the Raiders, is it b/c Hillis suddenly had a FANTASTIC PRACTICE and learned the OFFENSE? And EARNS the RIGHT to play with the first team offense?

And low and behold if Hillis has a break out game against Oakland, will McD suddenly look like a genius or a lessons learned-Johnny Come Lately rookie HC?

What will the Robotic McD apologist and Hillis doubters say if Hillis has a great game this Sunday? Will these sycohpants say Hillis did against a mediocre Raider defense thats "Garbage"!!!

Lets just hope that the Hillis doubters and McD apologist and McD himself will be able to save face with hoping the Moreno and C-Buck can come back with great performances to save their dwindling respectablity. TIME IS RUNNING OUT----THERES ONLY 3 GAMES LEFT!!!

This is the funniest post ever.

"Slick ass", "low and behold", "Robotic McD", "Johnny Come Lately rookie HC"?

ROFL!

gtown
12-15-2009, 06:19 AM

Hillis will get his chance to run, this year and next. Buckhalter is injury prone, and the amount of times I see Moreno come up lame after contact are too many to count. Injuries will give Hillis his chance.

But if I were McD this guy would be in my doghouse. Missed play calls, missed pass blocks, missed run blocks, fumbles, drops, and penalties don't just go unnoticed to a guy who watches as much tape as McD does. Hillis can run and catch, but can he get on the same sheet of music with the QB and block? That remains to be seen.

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:30 AM
And how many times did we run a 2 back set ?

Tell me, I kept losing the feed.

I mean, really! McD runs 3 wide and 2 TE sets.

We never run out of the I.

Hillis was in there as a lead blocker on at least 3 plays by my count. And that's just from my initial viewing of the game without actually focusing on it.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:40 AM
(11/17)
Hillis wonders at times too, although he takes a large share of the blame. He was Denver’s leading rusher last season and played well in the preseason. Hillis’ role has been mostly insignificant since then, and reached a low point Sunday when he was a healthy scratch.

“I’m disappointed right now the coaches don’t think I’m up to my standard,” Hillis said. “I have to rethink my motives and prepare myself harder.”

I have to "rethink my motives and prepare myself harder."

Sounds really, really ultra-specific, doesn't it?

Doesn't sound like an answer without some significant history behind it.

Sounds like a player who has gone thru a gaunlet of mind games from his HC starting with waaaaaay back in June when he suddenly found himself taking more snaps with the special teams unit vs the first team offense! Hillis being the ultimate team player excepted his demotion down to ST's and just solderied on for the good of the team, while patiently waiting for McD to keep his word that he'd allow Hillis scripted plays with the first team offense. Thats the true HISTORY about what has gone on in the 2009 season btwn Hillis and McD!

Hillis has left practice, games, and went to bed at night wondering....what the hell does he need to do to become a contributing member with the 1st team offense....after doing everything the HC has asked for when it comes to putting "Team-Before Self"!!! Hillis has been trying HARDER/HARDEST to overcome the mind fields of suberfuge(sp) caused by McD's mind games unlike anything he has experienced in his young football career.

Hillis is the ultimate warrior and team player and even tried to revive a long dormant tradition of bringing back the "MILE-HIGH-SALUTE!"

Hillis is on point and ready to GO! Its McD who needs to pull his head out of his rear-in and script plays for Peyton Hillis.....especially when Moreno and C-Buck are struggling and can't get the JOB DONE!

If McD was smart (which is up to debate at this stage) he would rest Moreno's tired worn down rookie legs and ego and have him ready for the post season and give those carries to Hillis during the last 3 remaining games. This way Hillis and the offense can get more experience and continuity with each other. Hillis can then be ready to contribute in the post season as well. Its a win-win situation for all parties involved.

PS.....should we make it to the AFC title game---who knows, C-Buck should be ready to comeback and contribute as well!!

END OF STORY....AND ENOUGH SAID!!!

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Hillis will get his chance to run, this year and next. Buckhalter is injury prone, and the amount of times I see Moreno come up lame after contact are too many to count. Injuries will give Hillis his chance.

But if I were McD this guy would be in my doghouse. Missed play calls, missed pass blocks, missed run blocks, fumbles, drops, and penalties don't just go unnoticed to a guy who watches as much tape as McD does. Hillis can run and catch, but can he get on the same sheet of music with the QB and block? That remains to be seen.

Moreno has made the same mistakes! he has 4 or 5 fumbles, has missed blocks protecting the "High Maintenance QB" by the name of Orton, and has missed read multitudes of running assignments with finding the correct running lanes/holes. Moreno has also dropped allot of passes, and has had his share of penalties. And McD has yet to bench or take opportunities way from Moreno. Why hasn't Moreno gotten into McD's DOG HOUSE??? Has all this gone un-noticed on Moreno when McD looks at all those GAME TAPES!!!

So you're preaching to the choir.

originalsultan
12-15-2009, 06:51 AM

All I have to say is that when you're starting RB pulls up lame on first down, then doesn't run with his usual short area quickness on 2nd, maybe it's time you sit him and go with a backup.

There were so many times in that game when Moreno looked out of breath, tired, and barely able to go yet that's when his name was called and he fell short. I don't blame Moreno at all, I think given how poorly the OL has blocked he's done a great job, but it just makes sense to spell him now and then considering that he's not ready to be an every down RB just yet.

+1

I just kept asking myself during Sunday's game "why isn't Hillis running the ball?" Buckhalter out for the game, Moreno obviously hurt - not to mention unable to pick up short yardage in crucial situations - why in the world is healthy Peyton Hillis rotting on the sideline?

We have all seen that Hillis can play at a high level in this league. I just don't understand why McD can't get him the ball more often - especially when there are injuries to the guys ahead of him.

Broncomutt
12-15-2009, 06:53 AM

Good post.

You weren't alone in the way you saw things. Other fans and the media felt the same way. McDaniels seems to be getting a small amount of heat for it also, which is good.

bowtown
12-15-2009, 06:58 AM
]Sounds like a player who has gone thru a gaunlet of mind games from his HC[/B] starting with waaaaaay back in June when he suddenly found himself taking more snaps with the special teams unit vs the first team offense! Hillis being the ultimate team player excepted his demotion down to ST's and just solderied on for the good of the team, while patiently waiting for McD to keep his word that he'd allow Hillis scripted plays with the first team offense. Thats the true HISTORY about what has gone on in the 2009 season btwn Hillis and McD!

Hillis has left practice, games, and went to bed at night wondering....what the hell does he need to do to become a contributing member with the 1st team offense....after doing everything the HC has asked for when it comes to putting "Team-Before Self"!!! Hillis has been trying HARDER/HARDEST to overcome the mind fields of suberfuge(sp) caused by McD's mind games unlike anything he has experienced in his young football career.

This is a nice piece of historical fiction. It may be loosly based on events, but you have absolutely no possible way of knowing that any of this is fact or TRUE history. Watch, I'll do the same thing:

Sounds like a player who has not had the mental fortitude or work ethic to please his HC starting with waaaaaay back in June when he suddenly found himself taking more snaps with the special teams unit vs the first team offense! Hillis being the ultimate team player was disapointed about his demotion down to ST's and but not enough to change his work habbits, and just expected McD to keep his word that he'd allow Hillis scripted plays with the first team offense even after missing several key blocks in preseason, fumbling the ball, and racking up several special teams penalties. Thats the true HISTORY about what has gone on in the 2009 season btwn Hillis and McD!

Hillis has left practice, games, and went home at night wondering....what the hell does he need to do to become a contributing member with the 1st team offense, then he watches some TV rather than studying his playbook, eats a big mac and goes to sleep.....after doing everything the HC has asked for when it comes to putting "Team-Before Self"!!! Hillis hasn't been trying very hard to to overcome his own mine fields of suberfuge(sp) caused by lack of work ethic and mental lapses like he has experienced throughout his young football career.

Say what you want, but mine could easily be as accurate as yours. Just becasue you put a nice little story with it, doesn't make it TRUE history.

strafen
12-15-2009, 08:17 AM
For what it's worth, I think this answer is a huge cop out, but entertaining to watch him spar with the reporter on the issue. I thought about the whole "only FB on the roster" rationalization during the game, and it didn't make sense to me because he's just as likely to get injured playing at fullback as he would carrying the ball - say on a 2 point conversion.

Still - coach gets credit. If the defense could have held there, there's a chance to win the game. Ultimately, that missed two point conversion didnt' cost us anything.

I'm looking forward to this expanded role for Hillis that coach is talking about. I hope Hillis uses it to showcase his stuff.

As I mentioned yesterday. This has been the talk of the town.
People were outrage at what was the logical thing to do Sunday.
I'm glad the media is getting on his ass.
Young rookie coach, is going to make mistakes. He will learn as he goes.

strafen
12-15-2009, 08:26 AM
Well, he said he needed to "rethink" his motive.

So, was his motive to get on the field before, or did he rethink it and that's his motive now?

Again, just a very strange statement, given the circumstances. He's essentially admitting to not being prepared, and then goes on to admit that the staff doesn't have faith in him to do his job.

But, that was the speculation on him coming out of college, apparently.

So, I'm just not sure why we're pretending this is anything other than what it is.

Maybe he'll work these issues out. Let's hope so.You have been proven wrong beyond reasonable doubt, beyong believe that your BS about your unsubstantiated, circumstantial, unfounded theory about Hillis was not true at all.

Get over, and show some intelligence so people don't treat you like a clown.

You read Hillis' comments looking for the smoking gun that would prove what you can't prove
Hillis' comments were more to me describing his frustration.
He wants to be on the field and he knew he could've made the difference against the Colts.
This is the first time Hillis has been vocal about not playing that I can recall. As a professional player, you have also pride in what you do. If he thinks the coach is not playing him because he's not ready, then he's just saying he will work harder, but we ALL know that's not the case.
It's not because he's not prepared.
We have a young 33 yrd old rookie head coach that is letting his ego get in the way of common sense.
He will get it eventually.

Popps
12-15-2009, 09:13 AM
You have been proven wrong beyond reasonable doubt,.

:spit:

Riiiight.

Except for the little detail of Hillis confirming speculation as to his lack of focus and subsequent lack of trust from the coaching staff.

Yea, besides Hillis coming out and telling you exactly why he was made a healthy scratch... I'm "proven wrong."

First off, these weren't my theories. None of them originated with me. (As evidenced by the scouting report from BEFORE he entered the pros.)

I'm sorry his own words upset you to such a degree. Take it up with him, not the rest of us.

Popps
12-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Classic "move?"

Posting a player's own words?

I know, that was brilliance on my part, huh? So crafty.

As for "well see"... we'll ALL be thrilled if Peyton earns carries this week. It sounds like he'll need Buck to stay off the field to do so, but we'll all be happy if Hillis can make progress with the staff like so many other Shanahan-regime players have.

Arkie
12-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Let's address his weaknesses

Fumbles - not one in his NFL career as a HB or FB

Blocks - The main reason he's forced to play FB is because he's a punishing blocker

Drops - he's the best receiving back on the team. enough said.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/1102/20081102_114641_ChartHillis110308.jpg

rastaman
12-15-2009, 10:24 AM
This is a nice piece of historical fiction. It may be loosly based on events, but you have absolutely no possible way of knowing that any of this is fact or TRUE history. Watch, I'll do the same thing:

Say what you want, but mine could easily be as accurate as yours. Just becasue you put a nice little story with it, doesn't make it TRUE history.

Yo Homie......say what ya will, but the court of public opinion is questioning why Hillis ain't out there, when Moreno ain't getting it done or when C-Buck is injured. Either way, McD knows he can no longer use the excuse of practice, depth chart, and missed assignment, etc anymore b/c he's now under the microscope.

The only way McD is no longer scrutinized over the inconsistent running attack and not playing Hillis, is if Moreno's performance improves and Buckhalter can stay healthy and produce over the next 3 games and into the post season. Otherwise McD must play Peyton NOW.

Mr.Meanie
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Yo Homie......say what ya will, but the court of public opinion is questioning why Hillis ain't out there, when Moreno ain't getting it done or when C-Buck is injured. Either way, McD knows he can no longer use the excuse of practice, depth chart, and missed assignment, etc anymore b/c he's now under the microscope.

The only way McD is no longer scrutinized over the inconsistent running attack and not playing Hillis, is if Moreno's performance improves and Buckhalter can stay healthy and produce over the next 3 games and into the post season. Otherwise McD must play Peyton NOW.

As was proved this offseason, the "court of public opinion" which destroyed McD for his offseason moves has been embarressingly wrong, like usual. I think I'll trust McD over you clowns at this point...

Dagmar
12-15-2009, 10:42 AM
As was proved this offseason, the "court of public opinion" which destroyed McD for his offseason moves has been embarressingly wrong, like usual. I think I'll trust McD over you clowns at this point...

:thumbs:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Classic "move?"

Posting a player's own words?

I know, that was brilliance on my part, huh? So crafty.

As for "well see"... we'll ALL be thrilled if Peyton earns carries this week. It sounds like he'll need Buck to stay off the field to do so, but we'll all be happy if Hillis can make progress with the staff like so many other Shanahan-regime players have.

Yeah right Popps! Hillis said what he said so as not to throw McD under the bus for his incompetence! Hillis knows how politics is played when you have a egotistical coach who's mentally challenged to tell the truth.

Truth is, Hillis should have already had scripted plays called for him way back in September! We know McD was playing mind games with Hillis while speaking with a Forked Tongue. But hey, you go ahead and believe what you will.

You and the rest of the Hillis doubters will be thrilled to see Hillis do well just to save face. You guys are waiting for Hillis to have Moreno moments of bad performances or C-Bucks injuries so you can say...."See I Told You So" or McD was right!

Hillis is chomping a the bit to prove all doubting fair-weather fans.....WRONG!!! I'm hoping Hillis does well to show you corporate fans that you can't keep great talent down/hidden just b/c of veiled mind game lies about "Practice-Mental Capacity-Depth Chart crap is the soul reason for not allowing Hillis to contribute!

We know your MO and people like you already.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 10:57 AM

Cool! Point is now McD must address his foolhardiness and mind games he's been against Hillis.

WELCOME TO THE NFL COACH MCDAINIEL'S!

Popps
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah right Popps! Hillis said what he said so as not to throw McD under the bus for his incompetence! Hillis knows how politics is played when you have a egotistical coach who's mentally challenged to tell the truth. .

Wow, weird.

Weird that the "politics" are keeping Hillis on the bench, and haven't kept a host of other prior-regime players from seeing time.

Isn't that odd?

I wonder how that works out?

We're talking about Josh McDaniels, a guy who benched his own highly publicized draft pick (Smith) and grabbed a 40 year old CB off of the street to start over him. We're talking about a guy with a clear history of playing the best player, regardless of where they came from.

But, oddly... McDaniels has chosen "politics" to keep Peyton on the bench, and yet hasn't used those same politics on any other player on the team.

Even Brandon Marshall, who made a mockery of the team early in the season.... was given a fair chance to earn his job back, did and has performed well.

Odd that mysteriously, McDaniels picked one, single back-up RB to exercise these "politics" on, huh?

Just one of god's mysteries, I guess. I guess Peyton was just fibbing about not being prepared and the staff not having confidence in him.

Must be politics.

:thumbsup:

errand
12-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Let's address his weaknesses

Fumbles - not one in his NFL career as a HB or FB

Blocks - The main reason he's forced to play FB is because he's a punishing blocker

Drops - he's the best receiving back on the team. enough said.

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/1102/20081102_114641_ChartHillis110308.jpg

didn't he fumble in one of our earlier games?

Punishging blocker? OK....then explain why he couldn't beat out a converted ILB for the starting FB job?

Dropped passes? He's got good hands, and he might be the best pass catching RB on our team, but it's easy to not drop a pass if you're not on the field.

As for your list of most recieving yards by RB....cool, he's 4th best Bronco all time....so what? Gus Frerotte and Jake Plummer are in the Broncos record books as well for most yards thrown in a single game.....does that make them the best we ever had play for us?

errand
12-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah right Popps! Hillis said what he said so as not to throw McD under the bus for his incompetence! .

Why would he not throw McDaniels under the bus? I mean what's the worst that could happen if he did......McDaniels not play him?

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2009, 11:08 AM

He's using a technicality. The fumble happened on special teams.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 11:11 AM

Riiiight.

Except for the little detail of Hillis confirming speculation as to his lack of focus and subsequent lack of trust from the coaching staff.

Yea, besides Hillis coming out and telling you exactly why he was made a healthy scratch... I'm "proven wrong."

First off, these weren't my theories. None of them originated with me. (As evidenced by the scouting report from BEFORE he entered the pros.)

I'm sorry his own words upset you to such a degree. Take it up with him, not the rest of us.

Hmmmmmmmm.......sure Popps, like Hillis was going to throw McD under the bus by saying what he really wanted to say. Hillis is too much of a professional and team player to do something that stupid. Peyton was just saying the right words so as to not to piss off McD and the coaching staff (we all know the mind games that go on behind the scenes)!

By the way, Hillis was scratched from a game(s) due to a death in the family and he had an injury he was trying to rehab. But hey, when you're 4th on the depth chart....you ain't going to play anyway....CORRECT!

Doesn't matter at this point b/c Hillis is rearing to go to help Denver finish 11-5, bring back the "Mile-High-Salute" (if McD says its Okay!) and to help make some noise in the post season!!

GO HILLIS AND GO BRONCOS!!

errand
12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that Hillis is the only player that is being railroaded by McDaniels?

And of all the players to pick on, he chooses the most talented RB on our roster?

OK, rastaman...you convinced me...McDaniels has it in for Hillis, he's taking something personal out on him......now tell me why.

errand
12-15-2009, 11:16 AM
He's using a technicality. The fumble happened on special teams.

Oh, well Hell's Bell's...I should be starting over Hillis then.

I've never been tackled by anyone that plays or has played in the NFL.

I've never fumbled in any NFL game.

I've never dropped a pass in an NFL game.

I've never been stopped on 1st, 2nd, 3rd. or 4th down by any NFL player....past or present even!

I've never thrown an INT in an NFL game.

Damn, what's the matter with McDaniels....that douche needs to wake up and see that I'm better than anyone he has on his roster!

errand
12-15-2009, 11:20 AM
Tell me rastaman...why wouldn't Hillis spill the beans about how McDaniels is doing this grave injustice? I mean what's McDaniels gonna do?

Bench him?

Make him Inactive?

Not play him?

Limit him to one measly carry?

Limit him to garbage time carries?

Release him so he could go onto immense stardom with another team that would certainly see the talent and exploit it?

Popps
12-15-2009, 11:20 AM
GO HILLIS AND GO BRONCOS!!

Nah.

GO BRONCOS.

If Hillis can earn playing time? GO HILLIS.

Pretty simple, for me... anyway.

We all wish the kid the best. Hopefully, he'll come around.

Popps
12-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Does anyone else find it odd that Hillis is the only player that is being railroaded by McDaniels?

And of all the players to pick on, he chooses the most talented RB on our roster?

OK, rastaman...you convinced me...McDaniels has it in for Hillis, he's taking something personal out on him......now tell me why.

Not only is he the only one... McDaniels has shown a clear pattern of playing the best player available.

If there was a player he would have held a grudge against, it would have been Marshall. Yet, Marshall apparently did his job and got back on the field.

Weird that McDaniels would single out 1 guy out of 53 for this injustice, huh?

Also weird that that very guy stated in no uncertain terms that he had to rethink his motives and had lost the staff's trust.

Probably all part of the cover-up.

bowtown
12-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Not only is he the only one... McDaniels has shown a clear pattern of playing the best player available.

If there was a player he would have held a grudge against, it would have been Marshall. Yet, Marshall apparently did his job and got back on the field.

Weird that McDaniels would single out 1 guy out of 53 for this injustice, huh?

Also weird that that very guy stated in no uncertain terms that he had to rethink his motives and had lost the staff's trust.

Probably all part of the cover-up.

McD is a reverse racist.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:04 PM
Why would he not throw McDaniels under the bus? I mean what's the worst that could happen if he did......McDaniels not play him?

Do you shiiiiiit where you eat? Did you want Hillis bad mouthing McD on national TV? Throwing McD under the bus should only be done when he no longer has power OVER your career! Who knows how far McD would go for a payback!

But anyways, now Hillis will get his opportunities and have plays scripted for him. I know Moreno is finnally glad Hillis will help carry the load. Moreno had to be thinking to himself last Sunday....(WTF--is McD trying to kill me or ruin my career) I'm hurting and tired....I NEED A FREAKIN BREAK!!!

McD has a new found respect for Hillis b/c of the Professional way he's handled the media and the whole issue as to why he's not playing. McD knows now he must be a little more careful with his motives and decisions.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Nah.

GO BRONCOS.

If Hillis can earn playing time? GO HILLIS.

Pretty simple, for me... anyway.

We all wish the kid the best. Hopefully, he'll come around.

Ha-Ha...yeah right! Whats this IF & WE crap? Good luck trying to spin your way to justification that after 14 weeks--suddenly Hillis is ready to go and has earned his spot or whatever crap you're spewing! No critically thinking person will believe that BS. You know the Broncos and McD need Hillis to come thru to save the rushing attack, to save face, and give us the best possibility of winning the last 3 games to secure the WC and to go deep into the post season. Instead of Hillis coming around....lets see if McD comes around! After all Coach of the Year implications are on the line.

Don't worry "Fair-Weather" Popps you still have 3 games left to say I told you so!

OABB
12-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Ha-Ha...yeah right! Whats this IF & WE crap? Good luck trying to spin your way to justification that after 14 weeks--suddenly Hillis is ready to go and has earned his spot or whatever crap you're spewing! No critically thinking person will believe that BS. You know the Broncos and McD need Hillis to come thru to save the rushing attack, to save face, and give us the best possibility of winning the last 3 games to secure the WC and to go deep into the post season. Instead of Hillis coming around....lets see if McD comes around! After all Coach of the Year implications are on the line.

Don't worry "Fair-Weather" Popps you still have 3 games left to say I told you so!

you really suck dude....I'm putting you on ignore. I have never ever ever done that. not lex, or bob or anyone. I always thought it was lame. but your stupidity really puts me in a bad mood. I don't know what it is about you, but you really suck as a poster. I mean really.

congrats...you are my first.rastaman
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Tell me rastaman...why wouldn't Hillis spill the beans about how McDaniels is doing this grave injustice? I mean what's McDaniels gonna do?

Bench him?

Make him Inactive?

Not play him?

Limit him to one measly carry?

Limit him to garbage time carries?

Release him so he could go onto immense stardom with another team that would certainly see the talent and exploit it?

Here's some reverse cynicism smart ass!!

Those all are fair questions to ask and consider about Moreno......now we are finally on the same page.

Here's a question for ya! Do you think McD will put Moreno on special teams next year for letting McD down and forcing Josh to FINALLY play Hillis???

Moreno and Hillis are Hi-fiving each other that thru team work they've finally taught McD a lesson.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
you really suck dude....I'm putting you on ignore. I have never ever ever done that. not lex, or bob or anyone. I always thought it was lame. but your stupidity really puts me in a bad mood. I don't know what it is about you, but you really suck as a poster. I mean really.

rastaman
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list.

Well if you haven't put me on ignore yet. Here this.....there was an injustice going on with Hillis not getting onto the field. You can hate/ignore all you want. I guess you and I will have each other on ignore. Life goes on.

bowtown
12-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Do you shiiiiiit where you eat? Did you want Hillis bad mouthing McD on national TV? Throwing McD under the bus should only be done when he no longer has power OVER your career! Who knows how far McD would go for a payback!

But anyways, now Hillis will get his opportunities and have plays scripted for him. I know Moreno is finnally glad Hillis will help carry the load. Moreno had to be thinking to himself last Sunday....(WTF--is McD trying to kill me or ruin my career) I'm hurting and tired....I NEED A FREAKIN BREAK!!!

McD has a new found respect for Hillis b/c of the Professional way he's handled the media and the whole issue as to why he's not playing. McD knows now he must be a little more careful with his motives and decisions.

Hey these little skits that you that play out in your head, where you hear the players talking and see their thoughts, and then somehow confuse with reality... that's a symptom you might want to get checked out.

Mr.Meanie
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM

She puts the lotion in the bucket...

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey these little skits that you that play out in your head, where you hear the players talking and see their thoughts, and then somehow confuse with reality... that's a symptom you might want to get checked out.

Thanks Dr. BONEHEAD I'll take it under consideration.:sunshine:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
She puts the lotion in the bucket...

I thought she put the ham in the bucket???

ant1999e
12-15-2009, 01:32 PM

This is your brain on drugs. :loopy:Any questions?

Archer81
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Well if you haven't put me on ignore yet. Here this.....there was an injustice going on with Hillis not getting onto the field. You can hate/ignore all you want. I guess you and I will have each other on ignore. Life goes on.

A true injustice is afghani women being killed if they learn to read or chinese dissidents being ran over by tanks. A football player not playing because of an admitted lack of preparation hardly ranks on the scale of actual injustice.

Its HEAR. Here denotes location.

51 years old my ass.

:Broncos:

Popps
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Ha-Ha...yeah right! Whats this IF & WE crap? !

We, as in Broncos fans.

Weird concept for you, I know... as you randomly back single players over the team, whether they deserve it or not.

Are you a failed agent or something?

Honestly, dude... you're just bizarre.

Popps
12-15-2009, 01:47 PM
a true injustice is afghani women being killed if they learn to read or chinese dissidents being ran over by tanks. A football player not playing because of an admitted lack of preparation hardly ranks on the scale of actual injustice.

Its hear. Here denotes location.

51 years old my ass.

:broncos:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 02:38 PM
A true injustice is afghani women being killed if they learn to read or chinese dissidents being ran over by tanks.

Oh cry-me-a-River--Smuck! A true injustice is 4,000 people who die each month in the Richest country in world b/c they cant afford health care and receive quality medical attention.

A football player not playing because of an admitted lack of preparation hardly ranks on the scale of actual injustice.

Its an injustice to a football player that works hard, sweats, bleeds, has shown he's the ultimate team player, model citizen on and off the field, believes in a coach thats mentally challenged to tell the truth and keep his word---yet Hillis soldiers on while McD continues to play mind games.

51 years old my ass.:Broncos:

While your pea brain mind wants to attack someones age....how about you Check back with me once you reach age 50! Got it. Of course your Dumb Ass hasn't put much stock in reaching half-a-Century....if you live long enough we can have a conversation about turning 50-plus. Meanwhile you keep chugging along and see what life has in stored for you over the next 22 years.....you 28 year old narrow minded gullible IDIOT? Good Luck!Hilarious!

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 02:46 PM
WTF is wrong with you?

s0phr0syne
12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Damn, it's a shame that the first game I won't catch live is the game in which Hillis is likely to see his most action. Hope he lights it up after nearly 1300 posts of us debating his worth!

ant1999e
12-15-2009, 02:48 PM
While your pea brain mind wants to attack someones age....how about you Check back with me once you reach age 50! Got it. Of course your Dumb Ass hasn't put much stock in reaching half-a-Century....if you live long enough we can have a conversation about turning 50-plus. Meanwhile you keep chugging along and see what life has in stored for you over the next 22 years.....you 28 year old narrow minded gullible IDIOT? Good Luck!Hilarious!

50+ years of smoking pot really messes a person up.

Arkie
12-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Punishging blocker? OK....then explain why he couldn't beat out a converted ILB for the starting FB job?

Dropped passes? He's got good hands, and he might be the best pass catching RB on our team, but it's easy to not drop a pass if you're not on the field.

As for your list of most recieving yards by RB....cool, he's 4th best Bronco all time....so what? Gus Frerotte and Jake Plummer are in the Broncos record books as well for most yards thrown in a single game.....does that make them the best we ever had play for us?

That's just one game. In the next game, he converted a 4th and 1 (after giving piggybacks in the backfield) on the game winning drive against Cleveland. In his next game, (1st as HB starter) he scored two TDs on Atlanta. In his next game as HB starter, he had over 100 yards (got there quicker than Moreno) and was Rookie of the week. Then in the next game he was on pace to do even better and then his season ended abruptly. See, it's more than just one game. In fact, there's not one game that he wasn't outstanding. That's why this subject is controversial, and this thread has 1300 posts.

I have something else to add to the flames--Moreno has 13 games, and only twice has he topped 5 yards a carry. Hillis's career average is 5 yards. How does Hillis average 5 yards when he never breaks the long one?

broncolife
12-15-2009, 03:18 PM

One Word should answer this...........CUTLER

Popps
12-15-2009, 03:19 PM
How does Hillis average 5 yards when he never breaks the long one?

If Hillis carried the ball 20 times a game, his average would likely be similar to Moreno's. It goes down as you carry more. That's just the way it works.

However, I'm not arguing that he's talented. You know I'm a big fan of his skill-set. I hope he pulls it together and wins over this staff. 52 other guys seemed to have managed to.

The Joker
12-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Phenomenal that this thread has any more than about 60 posts in it.

houghtam
12-15-2009, 03:23 PM
If Hillis carried the ball 20 times a game, his average would likely be similar to Moreno's. It goes down as you carry more. That's just the way it works.

However, I'm not arguing that he's talented. You know I'm a big fan of his skill-set. I hope he pulls it together and wins over this staff. 52 other guys seemed to have managed to.

Popps I've started to ignore dragster69 and rastaman for their Homeristic (is that the correct word for unabated player-love?) takes...it seems you keep repeating yourself over and over just like they do, even though your take actually makes sense.

Keep it up and I'll have to put you on ignore too, buddy.

You're right, they're wrong. Just live with that reality and move on.

Popps
12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Popps I've started to ignore dragster69 and rastaman for their Homeristic (is that the correct word for unabated player-love?) takes...it seems you keep repeating yourself over and over just like they do, even though your take actually makes sense.

Keep it up and I'll have to put you on ignore too, buddy.

You're right, they're wrong. Just live with that reality and move on.

I know dude, but this thread could hit 2K!

Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
12-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow. 53 pages. Really? I mean, really?

houghtam
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Hilarious!

Can we merge this with the Foneco thread and call it good?

Mods? Can you make this happen?

broncolife
12-15-2009, 03:25 PM

Since your on this Hillis is doing something wrong bit, is Mcdaniels a Liar? Mcdaniels said Hillis is not in the doghouse and has done everything asked of him.

houghtam
12-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Since your on this Hillis is doing something wrong bit, is Mcdaniels a Liar? Mcdaniels said Hillis is not in the doghouse and has done everything asked of him.

No, he just said Hillis might be too stupid to understand the offense. I think someone can work hard in practice and still be dumb. Look at Andre Ware. Physically talented, hard worker, dumb as a box of rocks.

For the record, my stance is who cares why he's not on the field? McDaniels has his reasons, and seeing as I'm 30 and have never been a head coach at any level, I'm fine with that. :approve:

Oh look, I'm adding to this thread again. Stop! The humanity!

rastaman
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
50+ years of smoking pot really messes a person up.

28 years of smoking dope really messes a person up! Next Insult plz.:~ohyah!:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM

Hilarious!

Your most impressive thread ever!LOL You truly are legendary!Ha!

Arkie
12-15-2009, 03:44 PM

McD is prolly like "Dammit, I'm trying to keep it a secret" while he's adding the final details to the unstoppable redzone package featuring Marshall and Hillis.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 03:45 PM

We did it for Popps....rumor had his ego had taken a deep dive and something spectacular needed to happen to get him out of his Funk! Great Job Popps.....who would have ever thunked it.:sunshine:

broncolife
12-15-2009, 03:46 PM
No, he just said Hillis might be too stupid to understand the offense. I think someone can work hard in practice and still be dumb. Look at Andre Ware. Physically talented, hard worker, dumb as a box of rocks.

For the record, my stance is who cares why he's not on the field? McDaniels has his reasons, and seeing as I'm 30 and have never been a head coach at any level, I'm fine with that. :approve:

Oh look, I'm adding to this thread again. Stop! The humanity!

So if hes stupid then he wouldnt be able to learn the plays Mcdaniels wants him too.Which would mean Hillis didnt do everything asked of him and Mcdaniels is Liar in that theory. Either Mcdaniels is lying to us and Hillis is screwing up somehow or Mcdaniels is telling the truth. Coaches lie all the time and so do players. Everybody has to be politcally correct now days or they get killed by the media and fans.

Popps
12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
We did it for Popps....rumor had his ego had taken a deep dive and something spectacular needed to happen to get him out of his Funk! Great Job Popps.....who would have ever thunked it.:sunshine:

Hey, kidding aside... I have no doubt someone somewhere probably told him, "dude... you know there's a thread on a Broncos board with over 1000 posts about you!"

Hilarious!

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 03:56 PM
That's just one game. In the next game, he converted a 4th and 1 (after giving piggybacks in the backfield) on the game winning drive against Cleveland. In his next game, (1st as HB starter) he scored two TDs on Atlanta. In his next game as HB starter, he had over 100 yards (got there quicker than Moreno) and was Rookie of the week. Then in the next game he was on pace to do even better and then his season ended abruptly. See, it's more than just one game. In fact, there's not one game that he wasn't outstanding. That's why this subject is controversial, and this thread has 1300 posts.

I have something else to add to the flames--Moreno has 13 games, and only twice has he topped 5 yards a carry. Hillis's career average is 5 yards. How does Hillis average 5 yards when he never breaks the long one?

Besides the Oakland game where he lost a fumble and didn't do much all game, right?

s0phr0syne
12-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey, kidding aside... I have no doubt someone somewhere probably told him, "dude... you know there's a thread on a Broncos board with over 1000 posts about you!"

Hilarious!

hahah, seriously, if he hasn't/doesn't see this thread, it's a real travesty

errand
12-15-2009, 03:57 PM

Again clown....

Why wouldn't you throw McDaniels under the bus IF the worst thing that could happen to you is already happening (not getting any playing time) or getting traded/released (showcase your all-world talent that rastaman claims you have)?

I mean c'mon...McDaniels already hates him according to you...so how much more could he hate the kid if he's already personally keeping him and his career down?

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:03 PM

Riiiight.

Mondat morning around this town as I've already mentioned, the talk was why couldn't McDanield had played Hillis?
Now, Mark Schreleth, Alfred Williams, and some other sport athletes that were in numerous show on Monday, plus all the fans who were calling, no one, and I mean NO ONE ever even mentioned anything close to your BS theory that you claim the rest of the world to know. Nobody!

If anything the blame was put square on McDaniels shoulders.

Now, you bringing his pre-draft scout report to base your claim on something that has not happened or something that nobody has seen or witnessed of Hillis in the NFL, yet you keep stirring up the pot looking for the smoking gun.

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Here you go Popps...
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702

Krieger: The curious case of Peyton Hillis
By Dave KriegerThe Denver PostPosted: 12/15/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

By popular demand, let's have a look at the strange case of Peyton Hillis, the 250-pound, second-year back who, like a George Orwell character, has become a nonperson at Dove Valley under mysterious circumstances.

Here's Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Hillis back in June, during an offseason minicamp, as quoted by my colleague Jim Armstrong:
"We're going to use every skill he has. He does a lot of things well. He can run the ball as a single back or he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can block in two- back sets or he can split out wide. He's got great hands and he's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball. So he'll do a lot of different things for us.

"Here's McDaniels on Hillis at the end of August, during the preseason, as quoted by my colleague Jeff Legwold: "Kind of an older- school guy. Physical fits him, tough fits him, smart, plays a lot of positions on our team.

"Here's McDaniels after Sunday's game at Indianapolis when I asked if he might address his team's difficulties in short yardage with Hillis, a bigger back than Correll Buck- halter or Knowshon Moreno:"No."

Here's McDaniels when I asked him why: "We're putting our best player out there in that situation.

"Here's McDaniels on Monday when I asked him if he had changed his opinion of Hillis since last summer: "Nope. He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's filled in when we've asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader role this week, depending on Buckhalter's health and availability for this game.

"Here's McDaniels when talk radio host Les Shapiro mentioned fans think Hillis is in his doghouse: "He's not in the doghouse."Hillis carried the ball one time Sunday, for 2 yards, just after Moreno ran for 11 and took a breather. Buckhalter already had gone out with the injured ankle that had him on crutches after the game.

Hillis carried the ball 68 times for 343 yards as a rookie last season, an average of just more than 5 yards per carry, leading a decimated running back corps in rushing and sometimes imitating a freight train.

He has carried it 12 times in 11 games this season for 54 yards.So when Moreno was stuffed on third-and-1 and fourth-and-1 near the end of the first half Sunday, short-circuiting a key scoring chance, it was natural to ask why Hillis, who outweighs Moreno by 35 pounds, didn't get a try.McDaniels offered three reasons:
1. The Broncos' running game has been good the way it is and Buckhalter and Moreno have converted plenty of short-yardage situations.
2. When Spencer Larsen went down with a back injury on the opening kickoff, it left Hillis the only fullback for McDaniels' two-back sets, so he couldn't play halfback.
3. The short-yardage struggles had nothing to do with the runners and everything to do with the offensive line.These all have a certain logic, but they're not particularly convincing.

If McDaniels were still as high on Hillis as he was last summer, wouldn't he at least give him a try in power rushing situations?
"He's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball," he said then
.Has that changed?
Did Hillis show up late for a meeting, forget to brush his teeth, leave a horse's head in somebody's bed?

Hillis answers these questions carefully — especially the one about the horse's head — trying not to dig himself deeper into the doghouse he's not in.
"I do what I can when they want me to," he said after Sunday's game.

"I can't pick and choose when I can go in there and play. I can only wait for my time."
Even if McDaniels is right that defensive penetration, not the running back, was the Broncos' problem in short yardage, you'd think a big back who could plow through a tackler or two would be just as helpful in that case.

I'm not trying to suggest that Hillis would dramatically change an offense that now fits the definition of mediocre by most statistical measures. Still, sometimes it seems McDaniels would rather make a point than a first down. Why wouldn't you try your big back in short yardage after repeatedly failing with smaller backs? There's something happening here, and what it is ain't exactly clear.
When I asked McDaniels if he agrees that big backs make sense in short yardage, he said Buckhalter and Moreno are big backs, each weighing in excess of 215 pounds.
So there you go.Whatever's going on, if Buckhalter can't play Sunday, McDaniels may have no choice but to find out if Hillis' fans have a point.

Dave Krieger: 303-954-5297, dkrieger@denverpost.com or twitter.com/DaveKrieger Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702#ixzz0ZnzmOX8n

rastaman
12-15-2009, 04:13 PM

Didn't know Moreno was averaging 20 carries a game? Are you sure? or is this just another one of your "Red Herrings"! I'd like to see Hillis AVG 15 carries a game just like Moreno is currently receiving.

I hope the coaching staff pulls it together and realize just how talented Hillis is on Sundays (when it counts) and realize what a talent has dropped in their laps. If so, perhaps Hillis will trust them more and have more respect for the coaching and McD.

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:16 PM

However, I'm not arguing that he's talented. You know I'm a big fan of his skill-set. I hope he pulls it together and wins over this staff. 52 other guys seemed to have managed to.If Hillis carried the ball 20 times a game, he would've had multiple 100-yard games and more than 6 TD's by now.
Our W/L record would be good at least for an extra couple of wins.
Every RB is different.
We've seen what Hillis can do, and we've seen what Moreno can do.
Not even a close comparison...

broncolife
12-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Again clown....

Why wouldn't you throw McDaniels under the bus IF the worst thing that could happen to you is already happening (not getting any playing time) or getting traded/released (showcase your all-world talent that rastaman claims you have)?

I mean c'mon...McDaniels already hates him according to you...so how much more could he hate the kid if he's already personally keeping him and his career down?

Pretty simple to protect his rep. He doesnt want other teams thinking he is a problem player. No need to add any red flags to his resume if he thinks Mcdaniels is going to get rid of him. The most likely reason he didnt is because hes a classy player.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Here you go Popps...http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702

Incredible and EPIC!

errand
12-15-2009, 04:23 PM
That's just one game.In the next game, he converted a 4th and 1 (after giving piggybacks in the backfield) on the game winning drive against Cleveland. In his next game, (1st as HB starter) he scored two TDs on Atlanta. In his next game as HB starter, he had over 100 yards (got there quicker than Moreno) and was Rookie of the week. Then in the next game he was on pace to do even better and then his season ended abruptly. See, it's more than just one game. In fact, there's not one game that he wasn't outstanding. That's why this subject is controversial, and this thread has 1300 posts.

You claim there's not one game in which Hillis was not outstanding. I wonder what your thoughts are on the first 11 games of the '08 season?

And since you want to point out his average per carry (despite his 80 career carries), well let's demonstrate your absurdity by being absurd here....

Steve Weatherford averages 21 yards per carry....and he's a punter.

Oh, and Hunter Smith is an old punter who averages 8 yards per carry this season alone, has a career rushing average of 10.5 (that's a 1st down on every single carry!)and has a career passer rating of 135.4...I mean hell, he's even made 9 tackles in his career too.

So why don't we save 3 roster spots and sign Hunter Smith as the next "slash" and dump Berger, Orton AND Hillis?

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Incredible and EPIC!Yup, they will just read that, ignore it and go back to spewing their unproven crap...
No matter how wrong they are, they will be taking this to 1000 pages trying to convince themselves they're right.

PS: Page 54 folks! :D

It's worth to put it up at the top of the page. Maybe it will sink sooner or later into their thick skull :)

Krieger: The curious case of Peyton Hillis
By Dave KriegerThe Denver PostPosted: 12/15/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

By popular demand, let's have a look at the strange case of Peyton Hillis, the 250-pound, second-year back who, like a George Orwell character, has become a nonperson at Dove Valley under mysterious circumstances.

Here's Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Hillis back in June, during an offseason minicamp, as quoted by my colleague Jim Armstrong:
"We're going to use every skill he has. He does a lot of things well. He can run the ball as a single back or he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can block in two- back sets or he can split out wide. He's got great hands and he's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball. So he'll do a lot of different things for us.

"Here's McDaniels on Hillis at the end of August, during the preseason, as quoted by my colleague Jeff Legwold: "Kind of an older- school guy. Physical fits him, tough fits him, smart, plays a lot of positions on our team.

"Here's McDaniels after Sunday's game at Indianapolis when I asked if he might address his team's difficulties in short yardage with Hillis, a bigger back than Correll Buck- halter or Knowshon Moreno:"No."

Here's McDaniels when I asked him why: "We're putting our best player out there in that situation.

"Here's McDaniels on Monday when I asked him if he had changed his opinion of Hillis since last summer: "Nope. He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's filled in when we've asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader role this week, depending on Buckhalter's health and availability for this game.

"Here's McDaniels when talk radio host Les Shapiro mentioned fans think Hillis is in his doghouse: "He's not in the doghouse."Hillis carried the ball one time Sunday, for 2 yards, just after Moreno ran for 11 and took a breather. Buckhalter already had gone out with the injured ankle that had him on crutches after the game.

Hillis carried the ball 68 times for 343 yards as a rookie last season, an average of just more than 5 yards per carry, leading a decimated running back corps in rushing and sometimes imitating a freight train.

He has carried it 12 times in 11 games this season for 54 yards.So when Moreno was stuffed on third-and-1 and fourth-and-1 near the end of the first half Sunday, short-circuiting a key scoring chance, it was natural to ask why Hillis, who outweighs Moreno by 35 pounds, didn't get a try.McDaniels offered three reasons:
1. The Broncos' running game has been good the way it is and Buckhalter and Moreno have converted plenty of short-yardage situations.
2. When Spencer Larsen went down with a back injury on the opening kickoff, it left Hillis the only fullback for McDaniels' two-back sets, so he couldn't play halfback.
3. The short-yardage struggles had nothing to do with the runners and everything to do with the offensive line.These all have a certain logic, but they're not particularly convincing.

If McDaniels were still as high on Hillis as he was last summer, wouldn't he at least give him a try in power rushing situations?
"He's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball," he said then
.Has that changed?
Did Hillis show up late for a meeting, forget to brush his teeth, leave a horse's head in somebody's bed?

Hillis answers these questions carefully — especially the one about the horse's head — trying not to dig himself deeper into the doghouse he's not in.
"I do what I can when they want me to," he said after Sunday's game.

"I can't pick and choose when I can go in there and play. I can only wait for my time."
Even if McDaniels is right that defensive penetration, not the running back, was the Broncos' problem in short yardage, you'd think a big back who could plow through a tackler or two would be just as helpful in that case.

I'm not trying to suggest that Hillis would dramatically change an offense that now fits the definition of mediocre by most statistical measures. Still, sometimes it seems McDaniels would rather make a point than a first down. Why wouldn't you try your big back in short yardage after repeatedly failing with smaller backs? There's something happening here, and what it is ain't exactly clear.
When I asked McDaniels if he agrees that big backs make sense in short yardage, he said Buckhalter and Moreno are big backs, each weighing in excess of 215 pounds.
So there you go.Whatever's going on, if Buckhalter can't play Sunday, McDaniels may have no choice but to find out if Hillis' fans have a point.

Dave Krieger: 303-954-5297, dkrieger@denverpost.com or twitter.com/DaveKrieger Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702#ixzz0ZnzmOX8n

errand
12-15-2009, 04:29 PM
One Word should answer this...........CUTLER

OK....Cutler was traded.....to his favorite team he loved as a child. McDaniels is such an a-hole he didn't send him to Tampa Bay, or some other form of football purgatory....he sent him to his home town team.

My point is that the only thing left that McDaniels could do to Hillis was release or trade him (he's already not playing right?).....and wouldn't that enable Hillis to be with a team that would appreciate his alleged all-world talents?

You're like the guy who's afraid of pissing off his nagging abusive b**** of a wife for fear she'd divorce him and he'd be stuck hooking up with a better woman.

broncolife
12-15-2009, 04:34 PM
OK....Cutler was traded.....to his favorite team he loved as a child. McDaniels is such an a-hole he didn't send him to Tampa Bay, or some other form of football purgatory....he sent him to his home town team.

My point is that the only thing left that McDaniels could do to Hillis was release or trade him (he's already not playing right?).....and wouldn't that enable Hillis to be with a team that would appreciate his alleged all-world talents?

You're like the guy who's afraid of pissing off his nagging abusive b**** of a wife for fear she'd divorce him and he'd be stuck hooking up with a better woman.

Alot of fans began to think Cutler was a whiney little biatch for what he did and Hillis probably wouldnt want to get that kind of rep. Took 54 pages to get my first insult on here I feel so special.

listopencil
12-15-2009, 04:34 PM

.McDaniels offered three reasons:

My first reaction was-Bull****. We've been stuffed way too much. But notice that here he says "has been good". As in, when it's working Mo/Buck can do the job.

Bull****. Doesn't explain why it didn't happen before the injury.

3. The short-yardage struggles had nothing to do with the runners and everything to do with the offensive line.

This is the key. With the O-Line not run blocking well McD feels he needs a back like Buck or Mo to make plays. Obviously he feels that Hillis needs decent run blocking to be successful, or at least needs it more then Mo/Buck.

Bronx33
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hmmmmmmmm.....

errand
12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Pretty simple to protect his rep. He doesnt want other teams thinking he is a problem player. No need to add any red flags to his resume if he thinks Mcdaniels is going to get rid of him. The most likely reason he didnt is because hes a classy player.

Wouldn't his not playing over what dragster69's Hillis has claimed is a total bust and not being able to beat out a converted ILB for the starting FB job be considered a red flag?

BTW, being a problem player isn't a red flag in this NFL....look at T.O., Vick, Chad OchoCinco, Jay Cutler, Randy Mss.....they all found homes regardless of people's and/or coaches opinions of them.

OABB
12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
If ever there was a youtube video that described this thread....

oh wait....

there is:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Mv0KsuyiSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Mv0KsuyiSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

errand
12-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Alot of fans began to think Cutler was a whiney little biatch for what he did and Hillis probably wouldnt want to get that kind of rep. Took 54 pages to get my first insult on here I feel so special.

yeah, Cutler came off as a whiney bitch....so what? He's got a starting gig doesn't he? Isn't this all about playing time?

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:44 PM
If ever there was a youtube video that described this thread....

oh wait....

there is:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Mv0KsuyiSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Mv0KsuyiSU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Another outstanding contribution by orangeandblueblooded.
The guy has talents. No question about it. Awesome!
Keep it up. You're smarter than a 3rd grader for sure!

OABB
12-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Another outstanding contribution by orangeandblueblooded.

The one in the back reminded me of you the most.

strafen
12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
The one in the back reminded me of you the most.

I didn't waste my time clicking on a stupid video, and I won't click on a stupid video...
The fact you posted it, told me all I needed to know...

broncolife
12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Wouldn't his not playing over what dragster69's Hillis has claimed is a total bust and not being able to beat out a converted ILB for the starting FB job be considered a red flag?

BTW, being a problem player isn't a red flag in this NFL....look at T.O., Vick, Chad OchoCinco, Jay Cutler, Randy Mss.....they all found homes regardless of people's and/or coaches opinions of them.

Are you really comparing a 7th round pick Hillis to those other High profile players?

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Yup, they will just read that, ignore it and go back to spewing their unproven crap...
No matter how wrong they are, they will be taking this to 1000 pages trying to convince themselves they're right.

PS: Page 54 folks! :D

It's worth to put it up at the top of the page. Maybe it will sink sooner or later into their thick skull :)

Yep! The Ostrich Syndrome is alive and well amongst the OM Homers with Errand and Popps the lead jokers.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
I didn't waste my time clicking on a stupid video, and I won't click on a stupid video...

Orange & Blues....thinks in pictures, ya gotta give him a little leeway b/c the public school system wasn't very kind to him.8')

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
Another outstanding contribution by orangeandblueblooded.

Good point. I haven't figured out why McD hasn't hired "Orange-n-Blues" to run the film room in Dove Valley.

Perhaps McD ask the team if would be alright if he hired "Orange-n-Blues" to run the film/video department.....and the team all responded with a resounding....."Hell No"!:giggle:

Hey Orange-n-Blues.....keep those videos coming RETARD!!!:thumbs:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
yeah, Cutler came off as a whiney b****....so what? He's got a starting gig doesn't he? Isn't this all about playing time?

Errrrrrrd. Wrong again! Its all about McD!!!:)

Popps
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Interesting article, Dragster.

Pretty much confirms what we've been saying, here.

Hillis has talents and he's not playing. 52 other guys (many Shanahan guys) have managed to earn the staff's trust and plenty of reps.

Have to ask yourself why.

Injuries may force our coach to give him reps, though. (Sound familiar?)

Hopefully Peyton can make the best of it, and "rethink his motives" enough to become a productive member of this team.

strafen
12-15-2009, 05:31 PM

So what would the red flag mean in your opinion?
What message would that be sending that you could prove?
The bottom line, and what's been proven is that no matter what, Moreno is as much as your boy as it's Mcdaniels'
Think about this...
If Hillis is given a "fair" chance to run the ball, it will make Moreno look bad, it will make McDaniels look foolish.
You know, and everybody else knows Hillis will outperform Moreno any day of the week. McDaniels doesn't want to see that. As the article by Keieger suggested, McDaniels is more interested in making a point than make a yard.

Re-read the article. Don't ignore it. All the answers to your questions are there. Take it!

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:34 PM

Hillis has talents and he's not playing. 52 other guys (many Shanahan guys) have managed to earn the staff's trust and plenty of reps.

Hopefully Peyton can make the best of it, and "rethink his motives" enough to become a productive member of this team.

Nice post.....Fred Astire! ROFL!

Popps
12-15-2009, 05:35 PM
If Hillis is given a "fair" chance to run the ball, it will make Moreno look bad, it will make McDaniels look foolish.!

McDaniels has made his own draft picks inactive (including a 1st and 2nd rounder)... and overcome a major problem with Marshall and a holdout/suspension. He's repeatedly started the best player.

But, yea... you're right. He's SUDDENLY just scared to death that by putting in a back that was productive, he'd be made to "look foolish."

After all, coaches always look foolish when they make decisions that wind up with players having success.

Hear that, Folks? The coach who wasn't afraid to trade Cutler is afraid of a 4th round RB making him look "bad" by producing well on the field.

Another fantastic take, Drag.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:37 PM
The bottom line, and what's been proven is that no matter what, Moreno is as much as your boy as it's Mcdaniels'
Think about this...
If Hillis is given a "fair" chance to run the ball, it will make Moreno look bad, it will make McDaniels look foolish.
You know, and everybody else knows Hillis will outperform Moreno any day of the week. McDaniels doesn't want to see that. As the article by Keieger suggested, McDaniels is more interested in making a point than make a yard.

Re-read the article. Don't ignore it. All the answers to your questions are there. Take it!

Errand Boy has no comeback! You just took EB out into deep water and DROWNED HIM! He was a lousy swimmer anyway. Without his Popps Intertube.....he had no chance.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:43 PM

McDaniels has made his own draft picks inactive (including a 1st and 2nd rounder)... and overcome a major problem with Marshall and a holdout/suspension. He's repeatedly started the best player.

Meh! McDaniel's has need Marshall this season more than Bmarsh needed McD. McD would already have at minimum 3 loses and at max 4 had Marshall not saved the day!!!

But, yea... you're right. He's SUDDENLY just scared to death that by putting in a back that was productive, he'd be made to "look foolish."

McD is a 33 year old egotistical primma donna....he's learning however. Theres still hope. He has 6 years to learn how to become a great HC.

After all, coaches always look foolish when they make decisions that wind up with players having success.

Another fantastic take, Drag.

Quite an "Eye Opening" Week for McD.....hasn't it been!

OABB
12-15-2009, 05:46 PM

I don't like to look at myself on video either. I understand. But you've got good moves my man. don't be so ashamed.

vancejohnson82
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Errand Boy has no comeback! You just took EB out into deep water and DROWNED HIM! He was a lousy swimmer anyway. Without his Popps Intertube.....he had no chance.

its nice to see that these two clownshoes Rasta and Dragster finally found each other...its nice to see back to back to back asinine posts about how McD is going to look foolish....or how he is holding some sort of vendetta out against our 3rd string running back

I don't think anyone hear dislikes Hillis after what he did for us last year, not sure if you guys watched any of those....and we would all be interested to see how he does this week if he gets touches

if he doesnt...oh well...you guys are the only ones really invested in watching ONE player succeed and the head coach fail

Popps
12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Quite an "Eye Opening" Week for McD.....hasn't it been!

Not at all.

He's simply been consistent, and played the players who have earned the time, and benched those who haven't... something that isn't specific in any way to a 4th string RB.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 05:56 PM
its nice to see that these two clownshoes Rasta and Dragster finally found each other...its nice to see back to back to back asinine posts about how McD is going to look foolish....or how he is holding some sort of vendetta out against our 3rd string running back

I don't think anyone hear dislikes Hillis after what he did for us last year, not sure if you guys watched any of those....and we would all be interested to see how he does this week if he gets touches

if he doesnt...oh well...you guys are the only ones really invested in watching ONE player succeed and the head coach fail

Shhhhhhhhh....calm down Susan. We know you "Fair Weather" player supporters believe everything McD says. After all McD would never lie to his fans or customers-----Would He?:peace:

I know you guys don't dislike Hillis, you just have your DOUBTS about him b/c McD (the master of mind games/propaganda) just put doubt in your minds!! And due to your blind loyalty and homerism.....you have DOUBTs about Hillis b/c McD TOLD YOU TO HAVE DOUBTS sublimely!! :wiggle:

vancejohnson82
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Shhhhhhhhh....calm down Susan. We know you "Fair Weather" player supporters believe everything McD says. After all McD would never lie to his fans or customers-----Would He?:peace:

I know you guys don't dislike Hillis, you just have your DOUBTS about him b/c McD (the master of mind games/propaganda) just put doubt in your minds!! And due to your blind loyalty and homerism.....you have DOUBTs about Hillis b/c McD TOLD YOU TO HAVE DOUBTS sublimely!! :wiggle:

I'm pretty sure you don't know what "fair weather fan" means....just like you don't know how to spell "prima-donna" and you have no clue how to spell "Fred Astaire" or know who he is

its interesting that you can sprinkle these little tidbits of idiocy all over your posts that seemingly have no point, stats or facts in them.

And now with Dragster backing you up you have somebody to wipe you off after you repeatedly **** your pants

Bronx33
12-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't know what "fair weather fan" means....just like you don't know how to spell "prima-donna" and you have no clue how to spell "Fred Astaire" or know who he is

its interesting that you can sprinkle these little tidbits of idiocy all over your posts that seemingly have no point, stats or facts in them.

And now with Dragster backing you up you have somebody to wipe you off after you repeatedly **** your pants

Ohhhh man this post is a classic!!!!!

orange 4 life
12-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Jake we are flat going to beat Indy

BTW Dec 7th was 16 years one day at a time. ;D

Congrats hat god!!!!

We absolutely SHOULD'VE beat Indy (chalk that one up to coaches missing opportunities) but unfortunately gave it away.

On another note, April 10th will be a decade for me. :thumbs:

DEFINATELY one day at a time, especially lately for me (I'll tell ya another time, but it's been a challenge), but God willing I'll get there. All the best brother.

Jake

orange 4 life
12-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Not at all.

He's simply been consistent, and played the players who have earned the time, and benched those who haven't... something that isn't specific in any way to a 4th string RB.

I give him all the credit in the world for what he's done with this team, how he's brought them together, and especially their no quit attitude (be it in victories against Dallas and N.E. or the loss to Indy), but he's not above criticism, and unfortunately there's plenty after last weeks loss.

Why NOT try Hillis in short yardage?
Beyond short yardage, it's really 3rd or 4th and ONE YARD or less. We're TERRIBLE in those situations. MAYBE Hillis could help, but more than that, it's playcalling. We NEVER get creative in those situations, and it bites us in the ass repeatedly.

If McD coached HALF as well as his QB and WR PLAYED, we would've beat Indy. Period.

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 06:19 PM
You're all so gay. He's a ****ing 4th stringer. Give it up.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Not at all.

There is absolutely nothing simple about McD and his coaching and management style......you had better best believe. As for the players they privately discuss how to stay one step ahead of McSlickster.:wiggle:

I wonder how much compenstation McD would demand for a 7th round draft pick who was 4th on the depth chart in McD's Gulag System should Hillis and his agent push for a trade or out right release. After all according to you drama queens, Peyton is stupid and has bad practices. Sounds intriguing and interesting doesn't it.

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I give him all the credit in the world for what he's done with this team, how he's brought them together, and especially their no quit attitude (be it in victories against Dallas and N.E. or the loss to Indy), but he's not above criticism, and unfortunately there's plenty after last weeks loss.

Why NOT try Hillis in short yardage?
Beyond short yardage, it's really 3rd or 4th and ONE YARD or less. We're TERRIBLE in those situations. MAYBE Hillis could help, but more than that, it's playcalling. We NEVER get creative in those situations, and it bites us in the ass repeatedly.

If McD coached HALF as well as his QB and WR PLAYED, we would've beat Indy. Period.
We did give Hillis these chances. He was our short yardage/goal line back in the beginning of the year. And yet, now he isn't. Sounds like its on Peyton and not McDaniels.

strafen
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Hopefully Peyton can make the best of it, and "rethink his motives" enough to become a productive member of this team.Yes, it has confirmed a lot of what we've all been saying. I agree there.
We need to look at what has been bothering the fans, we need to look at the questions that the handling of Hillis on our offense have created.

What fans are having a hard time grasping is what's the logic behind the way McDaniels handles personnel.
How, when you have a guy that by McDaniels' own admission runs hard, is smart, plays different positions, can be used in different aspect of the offense and it's tough to bring down, not be used as such?

If it was just me asking the question and nobody else, then, I would look and re-assess my position, but I've been talking about this for a week now, and it just happens that a week later as of yesterday, sh*t hit the fan where now the local media; online, nespaper and radio have been talking about this.

Wouldn't it be prudent to think that McDaniels has not been forthright with us and with Hillis as to what's the real reason he insists on keeping him on the sidelines despite all the accolades he threw his way as quoted by the article in his own words?

Wouldn't it make more sense to believe he wants to stick with the guys he brought in to run the ball?
To stick with his 1st rd pick to justify why he took him after he was heavily criticized for getting a RB with our 1st pick?

McDaniels has been in a mission to make that work, because if the Moreno project doesn't work, he'll be crucified
Another point worth taking about that article is that the local media and fans are not sold on Moreno (of course there are the homers).
If we were sold on Moreno and if Moreno has shown a sliver of hope that he has IT, then we wouldn't be here talking about it.
We're talking about this because Moreno is bordering at this point bust status.
Whether you like it or not, the talks have started around town in questioning Moreno's abilities to pay off for the Broncos.
Marshall shoving Moreno two weeks ago after a fumble, spoke volumes. I wouldn't be surprised if this has players in the locker room scratching their heads as to what is Moreno doing in there in short yardage situations. That wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Time will tell, but Moreno's honeymoon is over. 13 games into the season and we're still waiting. He's not only shown to be an average runner, but most importantly, he's shown he's no money when the chips are down and we need the ace in the hole to win the hand.

He's yet to step up when it counts.
You can talk about his ROW or ROY, but who are his competition?
Most of the people Moreno has been up against when it has come down to weekly rookie awards, are against people who are not even playing any significant amount of playing time to be a fair race. Not from the perspective of apples to apples comparison

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:23 PM
You're all so gay. He's a ****ing 4th stringer. Give it up.

Take it easy there....."Homer Simpson"!:~ohyah!:

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
There is absolutely nothing simple about McD and his coaching and management style......you had better best believe. As for the players they privately discuss how to stay one step ahead of McSlickster.:wiggle:

I wonder how much compenstation McD would demand for a 7th round draft pick who was 4th on the depth chart in McD's Gulag System should Hillis and his agent push for a trade or out right release. After all according to you drama queens, Peyton is stupid and has bad practices. Sounds intriguing and interesting doesn't it.

What the **** does this all mean? Do you just sit around all day thinking **** up? God damn are you weird.

strafen
12-15-2009, 06:26 PM
We did give Hillis these chances. He was our short yardage/goal line back in the beginning of the year. And yet, now he isn't. Sounds like its on Peyton and not McDaniels.You've got to be smarter than that, or you've got to be kidding me.
Prior to the KC game, Hillis has had 4 freaking carries all-season long.
I dare you to explain to me how would you define that as being given chances?
4 carries?
Once again, FOUR carries in 11 games constitutes as given chances?

Why then would he stick with Moreno after critical fumbles?
Did Moreno take advantage of those chances given to him?
If so, how?

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
We did give Hillis these chances. He was our short yardage/goal line back in the beginning of the year. And yet, now he isn't. Sounds like its on Peyton and not McDaniels.

Why has McD given Moreno MORE CHANCES than he has Hillis.....please explain.

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 06:29 PM

Because he's actually...produced? Not fumbled at a way higher percentage, committed penalties and put the team in bad situations? You know. Good things.

Oh, but Hillis had 100 yards against the Jets last year. Right.

Inkana7
12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
All Hillis did with his opportunities was **** up.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:31 PM
What the **** does this all mean? Do you just sit around all day thinking **** up? God damn are you weird.

Have you done any "Critical Thinking" lately? You know critical thinking begins by taking of your Homer Cap to free your mind (whats left) to think fair and balance!

Oh never mind.:~ohyah!:

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM

You aren't doing very much with your opportunities to explain away why you're such a HOMER!!!!:sunshine:

Bronx33
12-15-2009, 06:33 PM

Ya he ****ed up big time last year...

Popps
12-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Beyond short yardage, it's really 3rd or 4th and ONE YARD or less. We're TERRIBLE in those situations. MAYBE Hillis could help.

I agree.

So, the question is... why can't Hillis earn those carries? What has he done to put himself in a position to have limited playing time with a coach who clearly illustrates a regular willingness to start the most productive player?

The other thing is, the season isn't over. We'll likely see Hillis carry the ball. We're banged up, now... so like last year, he may get his chance.

That said, I'm with the coach when he says that Franco Harris couldn't have gained a yard with the kind of penetration Indy was achieving.

Hillis isn't the problem. Opening up a space for a runner to run through WAS the problem.

Popps
12-15-2009, 06:35 PM
For the 100th time, I'm a fan of Hillis' talents. I was singing his praises before Dragqueen and Rasta ever brought the guy's name up.

But, apparently... there are issues. I hope he works them out and earns time like the rest of the 52 guys on the roster.

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Because he's actually...produced? Not fumbled at a way higher percentage, committed penalties and put the team in bad situations? You know. Good things.

Oh, but Hillis had 100 yards against the Jets last year. Right.

Moreno has FOUR FUMBLES and actually 5 if count the fumble during the Colts game. Moreno has absolutely sucked when it comes to picking up FIRST DOWN over 13 games thus far.

You need to do some research buddy.

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:39 PM
55!!

3rd/4th string Halfback! WHY!?

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
For the 100th time, I'm a fan of Hillis' talents. I was singing his praises before Dragqueen and Rasta ever brought the guy's name up.

But, apparently... there are issues. I hope he works them out and earns time like the rest of the 52 guys on the roster.

Popps quit while you're ahead. We can go back and audit all your post and threads concerning Hillis. I'm sure we will find some interesting homer post against Hillis.;)

rastaman
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
55!!

3rd/4th string Halfback! WHY!?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.......calm the F@#k down L'il Abner! ROFL!

strafen
12-15-2009, 06:43 PM
All Hillis did with his opportunities was **** up.Elaborate a little.
I don't understand exactly what **** up means or what you're trying to say.

Popps
12-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Popps quit while you're ahead. We can go back and audit all your post and threads concerning Hillis. I'm sure we will find some interesting homer post against Hillis.;)

By all means... go back to last year. You'll find that I was one of the first to believe he was our best starting RB option. (Not that we had much.)

If you believe I have any anti-Hillis stance whatsoever, you're far more stupid than people around here already believe you to be.

strafen
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM

Why are you showing your true colors by insulting and degrading people?
I respect losers that lose with class.

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh.......calm the F@#k down L'il Abner! ROFL!

http://www.toonopedia.com/abner.jpg

Pimp! :approve:

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
By all means... go back to last year. You'll find that I was one of the first to believe he was our best starting RB option. (Not that we had much.)

If you believe I have any anti-Hillis stance whatsoever, you're far more stupid than people around here already believe you to be.

Not possible....

strafen
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM

So what's then the freakin' point you've been arguing for 56 pages now?

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Why are you showing your true colors by insulting and degrading people?
I respect losers that lose with class.

http://www.nipplecripple.com/shop/images/uploads/pot_calling_the_kettle_black_01.jpg

SJ Bronco
12-15-2009, 06:48 PM

http://www.nipplecripple.com/shop/images/uploads/pot_calling_the_kettle_black_01.jpg

Beantown Bronco
12-15-2009, 07:15 PM
In fact, there's not one game that he wasn't outstanding. That's why this subject is controversial, and this thread has 1300 posts.

I don't know what impresses me more:

Hillis running 8 times for 24 yards (3.0 yds/carry) against the #28th ranked run defense (Cleveland) last year; or

Hillis running 17 times for 74 yards (4.4 yds/carry) against the #31 ranked run defense (Oakland) last year.

If THAT is "outstanding", then Moreno is one of the best running backs the NFL has ever seen.

Look, I like what Hillis did last year, but let's put it in some context here.

houghtam
12-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Hillis running 8 times for 24 yards (3.0 yds/carry) against the #28th ranked run defense (Cleveland) last year; or

Hillis running 17 times for 74 yards (4.4 yds/carry) against the #31 ranked run defense (Oakland) last year.

If THAT is "outstanding", then Moreno is one of the best running backs the NFL has ever seen.

Both wrong. 56 pages of responses is most impressive.

DAMN I'M DOING IT AGAIN

Popps
12-15-2009, 07:27 PM

Ultra-clear, ultra-simple... that there's likely things going on behind the scenes that we can't see. Those things are likely playing a factor in this "saga."

There's been speculation about his work ethic in the past, and now Hillis has come out and confirmed that there are issues.

Really simple stuff. No conspiracy. No need for one. The coach and the player are telling you what's happening. You can create a story, if you'd like... or just go with the reality of the situation.

Once again, we all hope Peyton works hard and earns more playing time.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 07:29 PM

Not attacking the age 51 you jerktard. I am questioning you claiming to be 51. You hardly act like it.

Your continued antagonism towards people with a more conservative point of view or any view contrary to yours makes you calling someone else narrow minded a joke that you clearly do not get.

If you are typical of the liberal "open minded" group think, and seem to mock the plight of people who actually suffer real injustice, rather then a spoiled man playing a child's game, then I am happy to be narrow minded and gullible.

So what I am trying to say is...you sir are an ass hat.

strafen
12-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Ultra-clear, ultra-simple... that there's likely things going on behind the scenes that we can't see. Those things are likely playing a factor in this "saga."

There's been speculation about his work ethic in the past, and now Hillis has come out and confirmed that there are issues.

Really simple stuff. No conspiracy. No need for one. The coach and the player are telling you what's happening. You can create a story, if you'd like... or just go with the reality of the situation.

Once again, we all hope Peyton works hard and earns more playing time.Again the speculations about his work ethics are still unfounded. You know it.
You just can't interpret what he said about working harder as indication that he's not been working hard enough. That's open to interpretation, he may have been pushing himself to the limits and still not find himself in the game on Sundays.
I take his statements as a guy who no matter what he does still not good enough in his mind to be in the game and he's frustrated about it.
He's done what he has to do, and he said he's got no vote in when he plays or if he plays, so that theory you can discard as well...

Also, McDaniels did not mention that aspect of Hillis as being the reason why he's not been playing as you could read his statement in the Denver Post article I posted earlier

HAT
12-15-2009, 08:19 PM
not possible....

+1

HAT
12-15-2009, 08:20 PM
So what I am trying to say is...you sir are an ass HAT.

Why you gotta bring me into this? :thumbs:

Popps
12-15-2009, 09:34 PM
Again the speculations about his work ethics are still unfounded.

How's this, there is considerable circumstantial evidence to support those speculations.

There is absolutely no evidence to support your conspiracy theory.

UberBroncoMan
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Perhaps his running 22 times for 129 yards and a TD against the New York Jets and their #7 ranked run defense is more to your liking... (I believe they were actually #1 going into that game last year as well).

A HAR HAR HAR.

Dagmar
12-15-2009, 10:06 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/Hitman_Nick/Goodthread/best_thread_ever.jpg

Not really but Taco will be loving the traffic.

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:52 AM

By All means plz provide the link you're referring to.

I'll let you down lightly and say you were a Hillis doubter! A Slack-Hound Hump such as the fence straddling player supporter you are will always need an emergency exit to run away from. We all know you're the resident "Village Idiot" on the OM and you wear your title with pride.:sunshine:

Beantown Bronco
12-16-2009, 03:57 AM
Perhaps his running 22 times for 129 yards and a TD against the New York Jets and their #7 ranked run defense is more to your liking... (I believe they were actually #1 going into that game last year as well).

A HAR HAR HAR.

Ummm, dude. How on Earth did you miss the post I was responding to? The one that I quoted, which specifically said:

In fact, there's not one game that he wasn't outstanding.

I didn't say he didn't have a few great games last year. I simply took issue with the incorrect statement that he was outstanding in ALL the games and provided concrete evidence of that. Unreal.

rastaman
12-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Not attacking the age 51 you jerktard. I am questioning you claiming to be 51. You hardly act like it.

Look Retard.....you should have said ahead of time why you were questioning my age which is 51. By the way, how should a 51 year old BEHAVE....according to your conservative-independent opinion?

Your continued antagonism towards people with a more conservative point of view or any view contrary to yours makes you calling someone else narrow minded a joke that you clearly do not get.

Oh cry me a RIVER! Progressive-Liberals have always taken the antagonizing insults hurled from conservatives & righties who post on the OM---what the hell are you talking about. Grow up Son!

If you are typical of the liberal "open minded" group think, and seem to mock the plight of people who actually suffer real injustice, rather then a spoiled man playing a child's game, then I am happy to be narrow minded and gullible.
So what I am trying to say is...you sir are an ass hat.

Well you sir are the typical DONG SUCKER! Only your Dumb Azz would attempt to interject the plight of the lives of the people of Afghanistan on a thread thats discussing why Hillis can't get any playing time. What! do you have ADD laced with Homerism? Do you make light of 4K Americans who die each MONTH b/c they can't afford to see a doctor due to not being able to afford Corporate Health Insurance? You are the real Genetically Challenged Idiot.....you just can't admit it. Just b/c you're only 28 years old is no excuse for your STUPIDITY......Grow up Moron while you still have time!

rastaman
12-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Why you gotta bring me into this? :thumbs:

He's only 28 years old.....he's got a lot to learn about life before he reaches 51 years old!!!Ha!

errand
12-16-2009, 05:14 AM
Are you really comparing a 7th round pick Hillis to those other High profile players?

No...I'm pointing out that being a problem child doesn't matter in the NFL...if you got skills. So does Hillis have skills or not? If he does, then who cares if he's thought of as a problem child, he'll still find a job in the NFL.

errand
12-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Think about this...

I'm gonna ask you one simple yes or no question.

Are you at the Broncos practices on a daily basis?

If the answer is no...then shut the **** up.

errand
12-16-2009, 05:23 AM

So rastaman, explain why McDaniels is doing this on purpose?

Why is he purposefully not playing Hillis?

Is he a reverse racist?

Does he hate anyone who played for Arkansas?

Does he hate anyone Shanahan drafted?

Does he play only "his" players and all others be damned?

Does he think that by playing the lesser talents, he'll somehow earn a contract extension?

You tell me why he's doing this to Hillis.

errand
12-16-2009, 05:28 AM

Because Moreno has more talent....plain and simple.

errand
12-16-2009, 05:31 AM

That Hillis has the same mental deficiencies you and rastaman have....

errand
12-16-2009, 05:34 AM
Once again, we all hope Peyton works hard and earns more playing time.

Prior to rastaman and dragster69'sd Hillis coming in here slobbering on Hillis' knob....I was with ya. Now I hope the 4th string, non-producing, pine riding stupid mother****er gets released tomorrow

strafen
12-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Prior to Popps and myself coming in here slobbering on Moreno's knob....I was with them. Now I hope the 1st round pick, non-producing, pine riding stupid mother****er gets released tomorrow

Is the lack of no Nascar action gets you in this kind of mood?
Is somebody trying to repo your trailer, dude?
No hicks convention this week?

Moreno is not going to get released tomorrow

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2009, 07:18 AM
57 pages? Good grief, you guys need a new hobby.

strafen
12-16-2009, 07:49 AM
That Hillis has the same mental deficiencies you and rastaman have....Yup.
I can see thru your post how bright you are.

Hey, are you looking forward to your first GED class reunion this Summer?

bowtown
12-16-2009, 07:49 AM
Yup.
I can see thru your post how bright you are.

Hey, are you looking forward to your first GED class reunion this Summer?

Careful Broncofan7, do you want to lose both your accounts?

vancejohnson82
12-16-2009, 08:00 AM
57 pages? Good grief, you guys need a new hobby.

somebody was watching "It's a Charlie Brown Christmas" last night

strafen
12-16-2009, 08:12 AM

You couldn't possibly be this stupid, can you?
So, you're telling me I've been impersonating another poster while maintaining two accounts going with different IP's?
Ignorance is a bliss...
So before you judge somebody, did you miss what errand had to say?
So you're giving him a pass, but you want to critique what I post?
How stupid and biased can you guys be?
Seriously.
Do I need more posts and more seniority to acquire credibility like errand and yourself? ROFL!
Do I need to be posting vulgarity and insult-laden posts ala errand to be accepted around here?
If I do that, my account won't be in jeopardy then?
Let me know. I can take a course how to be a hick by spending a couple of weeks in Western NC and then come over here and post what I learned.

vancejohnson82
12-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Seriously.
Do I need more posts and more seniority to acquire credibility like errand and yourself? ROFL!
Do I need to be posting vulgarity and insult-laden posts ala errand to be accepted around here?
Let me know. I can take a course how to be a hick by spending a couple of weeks in Western NC and then come over here and post what I learned.

no, you just need to watch Broncos games, have an inkling about how the game of football works, a clue on how to present opinions properly, and a clear, non-psychotic view of the world around you

then again, Mock, Rasta and Bob post here too so I guess we've lowered the bar in certain cases

SonOfLe-loLang
12-16-2009, 08:27 AM
how does a thread about Peyton Hillis have over 1400 posts?

strafen
12-16-2009, 08:30 AM
no, you just need to watch Broncos games, have an inkling about how the game of football works, a clue on how to present opinions properly, and a clear, non-psychotic view of the world around you

then again, Mock, Rasta and Bob post here too so I guess we've lowered the bar in certain casesHow the game of football works?
You get an overrated 1st round pick to run the ball in critical downs and watch him get stuffed over and over and over again. Watch him stumble and go down untouched over and over...
Then, continue with that game plan as you go.
You've gotta justify why you selected a bum for a RB and make it work by all means. If anything, we've got another Gerald Willhite on our hands

Hey, you're about to hit 3000 posts.
Congrats on that. Make your 3000th post count by posting something smarter next time...

vancejohnson82
12-16-2009, 08:32 AM
how does a thread about Peyton Hillis have over 1400 posts?

at this point its just a forum for dragster and rastaman to display their contempt for people on the board and to blast Moreno

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-16-2009, 08:34 AM
How the game of football works?
You get an overrated 1st round pick to run the ball in critical downs and watch him get stuffed over and over and over again. Watch him stumble and go down untouched over and over...
You've gotta justify why you selected a bum for a RB and make it work by all means. If anything, we've got another Gerald Willhite on our hands

Congrats on that. Make your 3000th post count by posting something smarter next time...

I give you Dragster's 666th post. Might want to stay inside for a while.

strafen
12-16-2009, 08:35 AM
at this point its just a forum for dragster and rastaman to display their contempt for people on the board and to blast MorenoYou probably need to get your head out of your ass at this point.
Do me a favor. Before you open your mouth to look like a fool.
Go back and read every post errand and popps have made.
Don't be afraid to end up dumber after you're done, what you're going to find out is why this thread has come this long

vancejohnson82
12-16-2009, 08:41 AM
How the game of football works?

Moreno will have more yards than Willhite by Week 4 of next year...maybe worry about Hillis reaching his type of numbers

And YES, learn the game of football a bit...when your back is being blown up 3 yards behind the line, it doesnt matter who is back there....injuries, bad line play = tough on the RB

ask Brandon Jacobs about how line play effects your running style and production...or Matt Forte, or Clinton Portis or any other number of players who have dealt with having 3rd and 1s end up for 2 yard losses because there is nowhere to run to

I'm just as much a novice to this board as you are, the difference is that I don't take a diminutive issue and make it my podium to shout my idiocy from

ant1999e
12-16-2009, 08:58 AM

This explains everything.:~ohyah!:

rastaman
12-16-2009, 09:32 AM
That Hillis has the same mental deficiencies you and rastaman have....

OOoooooooh, why couldn't we all have had the fortune to have been born with the IDIOT gene you, Popps, and McD were blessed with! Life is so unfair! :rofl:

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:36 AM
http://thesamerowdycrowd.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/conspiracy-poster.jpg

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
http://conspiracylol.com/images/conspiracy.jpg

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 09:41 AM
This image is about as relevant to Hillis as about 700 posts on this thread.

It's epic!

http://i37.tinypic.com/4kgosy.jpg

No relevance at all!

Its amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

rastaman
12-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Prior to rastaman and dragster69'sd Hillis coming in here slobbering on Hillis' knob....I was with ya. Now I hope the 4th string, non-producing, pine riding stupid mother****er gets released tomorrow

Errand Boy.....you have never been the same since McD gave you 12 inches of YOGI and has kept you full of protein! If anything McD has you 4th on his depth chart of "Wayward Whores" (with Popps 1st on the Depth) and you've been selling your miserable soul to over take Popps. How pathetic you are.

You are truly the typical FO and HC supporting little fan Hoe. Quit trying to parade yourself around as anything less.

HAVE A NICE DAY HOE-SHANKS JR.

rastaman
12-16-2009, 09:55 AM

then again, Mock, Rasta and Bob post here too so I guess we've lowered the bar in certain cases

Naw Vanncey.....you couldn't be further from he truth! If it weren't for Mock, Bob, Dragster, and Rasta has actually saved you guys from incest homerism by offering a differing view of opinions.

I'm sorry if your incest of homerism has been disturbed. Sorry Dumb Billy.

rastaman
12-16-2009, 10:02 AM
http://www.toonopedia.com/abner.jpg

Pimp! :approve:

Boy "Blonde" looks awfully muscular! Is that a "She Male" Transvestite chasing you L'il Abner??LOL

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 10:03 AM
rastaman, going too far as usual.

rastaman
12-16-2009, 10:04 AM

Rusty is chimming in with his timely homerism as usual.

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Rusty is chimming in with his timely homerism as usual.

What is "chimming"?

McD gave you 12 inches of YOGI and has kept you full of protein!

HAVE A NICE DAY HOE-SHANKS JR.

your incest of homerism has been disturbed. Sorry Dumb Billy

Boy "Blonde" looks awfully muscular! Is that a "She Male" Transvestite chasing you L'il Abner??

All well reasoned mature arguments then?

vancejohnson82
12-16-2009, 10:15 AM

its really hard to go too far once you've become a complete joke...

like Jose Canseco boxing....or Amy Winhouse entering rehab for the 12th time..

at a certain point, this type of ridiculousness becomes the norm

its absolutely mindboggling though how he thinks he is keeping us in check and that we are somehow being "homers" for not trashing our top pick and throwing our coach under the bus

his thought process is that of a rabies-infested gorilla on acid stuck in a house full of mirrors...he doesnt know which way is up or down and can't get out but thats not going to stop him from trying

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Boy "Blonde" looks awfully muscular! Is that a "She Male" Transvestite chasing you L'il Abner??LOL

there is a good reason he's running my man. Apparently, a good reason he isn't pulling away either...:spit:

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 11:37 AM
What is "chimming"?

Uh oh....looks like his parachute is a knapsack!

http://web.csustan.edu/math/jue/wiley.gif

errand
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Is the lack of no Nascar action gets you in this kind of mood?
Is somebody trying to repo your trailer, dude?
No hicks convention this week?

Moreno is not going to get released tomorrow

I know moreno isn't gonna get released moron....

Hillis on the other hand, well he is afterall just a former 7th round pick that hasn't done **** this year.

BTW, you clowns never did name one freaking team he'd start for if he were to get cut. So tell us who he'd be able to start for if he was released today?

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:06 PM
What is "chimming"?

Hey hyprocrite....got anymore pictures of ALF! By the way I like how you take what was said by posting "one" liners to take what was said out of contexts. You are a fine example of a brainless homer. Keep up the great work.....you HACK.:sunshine:

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Uh oh....looks like his parachute is a knapsack!

http://web.csustan.edu/math/jue/wiley.gif

I agree with ya! No one thought McD's parachute would deflate so soon. :clown:

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:12 PM

Hillis on the other hand, well he is afterall just a former 7th round pick that hasn't done **** this year.

BTW, you clowns never did name one freaking team he'd start for if he were to get cut. So tell us who he'd be able to start for if he was released today?

Hey Chuckle Nutzs! Who has advocated that Hillis should be the STARTER? The Hillis supporters just want him to have a chance to contribute with the first team offense....especially when your BOY Moreno ain't getting the job done and C-Buck can't play b/c he's injured!!

Archer81
12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I agree with ya! No one thought McD's parachute would deflate so soon. :clown:

http://tinyurl.com/b67p74

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:13 PM
there is a good reason he's running my man. Apparently, a good reason he isn't pulling away either...:spit:

Yeah....I hear ya! Wait till the she-he loses its shorts then come back and talk then!:thumbs:

Popps
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I've noticed that the HCC ( Hillis Conspiracy Committee ) are generally angry people.

VERY hostile!

http://www.premiere.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/list/the-100-greatest-movie-lines/86.-can-i-borrow-your-underpants-for-ten-minutes/532919-2-eng-US/86.-Can-I-borrow-your-underpants-for-ten-minutes_imagelarge.jpg

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:14 PM
http://tinyurl.com/b67p74

I agree with ya! This could be McD's next job!:P

Popps
12-16-2009, 03:17 PM
http://alexandralsilva.com/images/mad_computer-guy1.jpg

Popps
12-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I think we have the new Tito Paul, folks.

Archer81
12-16-2009, 03:19 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yzqrw28

rastaman
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yzqrw28

Him-speak-with-forked-tongues and Think-In-Pictures!!!!:clown:

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey hyprocrite....got anymore pictures of ALF! By the way I like how you take what was said by posting "one" liners to take what was said out of contexts. You are a fine example of a brainless homer. Keep up the great work.....you HACK.:sunshine:

I have plenty of pictures of Alf, but only
in Pog form. Man what a hack I am!

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
http://alexandralsilva.com/images/mad_computer-guy1.jpg

I know this guy....I think i worked with him once.....

rastaman
12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I have plenty of pictures of Alf, but only
in Pog form. Man what a hack I am!

Whatever!:sunshine:

OABB
12-16-2009, 05:23 PM

Jason in LA
12-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Wow, 58 pages. I've rarely entered this thread. Can somebody give me a recap. ;D

SJ Bronco
12-16-2009, 05:35 PM
Wow, 58 pages. I've rarely entered this thread. Can somebody give me a recap. ;D

No problem..... about 5 people think that our running game sucks and the reason is that Peyton hillis isn't getting any carries over (what at least two people described as overrated) Knowshon Moreno. Some of these people also seem to believe that had peyton carried the ball in short yardage against the Colts, we would have won. There are also some that believe Mcd hates Hillis and won't play him because of some feud. There is also at least one person in this group that believes Hillis is the best player on the roster at the RB position and should start.

In the other camp (and some do cross over a little) we have people who think the Oline is to blame for the abysmal running game against the colts (and of course the Colts Dline being awesome) and that Mcd used Hillis Sparingly because of injuries at fullback, and because , well, he's the 3rd string freakin' RB. There are also a few of these people whom believe that Hillis can't learn the plays correctly, this lends to the lack of plays for him as well. There are more than a handful on this side of the line that believe that Hillis Screwed up as a lead blocker and didn't deserve the rock. No block, no rock.

All seem to agree that Mcd called an awful game on sunday....there are some that think he is just a horrible play caller and would like to see an OC. Others just think he had a bad game.

Both sides seem to agree that Hillis should get a few carries....but then there is the rest of the debate on how many.

I and a few others are just posting funny pictures and making drive by comments to rile up the natives. However, if this thread died a horrible death, it may be better for everyone....just less entertaining....

Did I forget anything?:approve:

Did I forget anything?

Archer81
12-16-2009, 05:40 PM
No problem..... about 5 people think that our running game sucks and the reason is that Peyton hillis isn't getting any carries over (what at least two people described as overrated) Knowshon Moreno. Some of these people also seem to believe that had peyton carried the ball in short yardage against the Colts, we would have won. There are also some that believe Mcd hates Hillis and won't play him because of some feud. There is also at least one person in this group that believes Hillis is the best player on the roster at the RB position and should start.

In the other camp (and some do cross over a little) we have people who think the Oline is to blame for the abysmal running game against the colts (and of course the Colts Dline being awesome) and that Mcd used Hillis Sparingly because of injuries at fullback, and because , well, he's the 3rd string freakin' RB. There are also a few of these people whom believe that Hillis can't learn the plays correctly, this lends to the lack of plays for him as well. There are more than a handful on this side of the line that believe that Hillis Screwed up as a lead blocker and didn't deserve the rock. No block, no rock.

All seem to agree that Mcd called an awful game on sunday....there are some that think he is just a horrible play caller and would like to see an OC. Others just think he had a bad game.

Both sides seem to agree that Hillis should get a few carries....but then there is the rest of the debate on how many.

I and a few others are just posting funny pictures and making drive by comments to rile up the natives. However, if this thread died a horrible death, it may be better for everyone....just less entertaining....

Did I forget anything?

Nope, you summed it up perfectly.

Archer81
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOGWbzUM-y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XOGWbzUM-y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I dont make monkeys, I just train em.

watermock
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
2009 Denver Broncos 11 1 12 54 4.5 13 1 4 19 4.8 6 0 1 1
2008 Denver Broncos 12 6 68 343 5.0 19 5 14 179 12.8 47 1 -- --
TOTAL 80 397 5.0 19 6 18 198 11.0 47 1 1 1
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/H/I/L/HIL734134.jpg

No, other than he's stupid, that pretty much sums it up.

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Mock you are a drunken old Muslim
hating retard.

Popps
12-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Am I off-base to think this thread has 10K possibilities?

Dagmar
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah, pages!

Archer81
12-16-2009, 06:13 PM
This thread needs a discussion on food.

Jason in LA
12-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Did I forget anything?

You left out the good stuff. I need names. Who is pissing on who in this thread. lol

Bronco Yoda
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
How many plays was Hillis even in as FB?

I didn't see 1 play.

We were always 3 wide or 2 TE.

McDummy is a liar.

Get used to it.

I recall around 4 plays in the 1st half with Hillis in as FB. He blocked well from what I could tell. Though his best block was on the sidelines saving a coach from being smashed by BMarshal going out of bounds.

Second half I recall 2 or 3 FB plays in the 3rth to early 4th qtr. By that time we were in passing mode.

Hillis had a couple of single back plays only after Moreno waved himself off the field from exhaustion. Hillis got 1 carry up the middle.

broncolife
12-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Am I off-base to think this thread has 10K possibilities?

If we go far into the playoffs maybe. So heres hoping we get around 10k on this thread :)

Popps
12-16-2009, 06:56 PM
If we go far into the playoffs maybe. So heres hoping we get around 10k on this thread :)

True, but I'm thinking that if/when we lose in the playoffs, it's clearly going to be because of the conspiracy.

Think about it... this could go on for the entire off-season.

If our 4th string RB has a few good carries this Sunday against a crap team because Buckhalter is out, you'll see this thread explode.

:rofl:

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
This thread may never or any Hillis thread for that matter if he goes off this Sunday.

DHallblows
12-16-2009, 06:59 PM
True, but I'm thinking that if/when we lose in the playoffs, it's clearly going to be because of the conspiracy.

If our 4th string RB has a few good carries this Sunday against a crap team because Buckhalter is out, you'll see this thread explode.

Who do you have at #3? LaMont?

broncolife
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
No...I'm pointing out that being a problem child doesn't matter in the NFL...if you got skills. So does Hillis have skills or not? If he does, then who cares if he's thought of as a problem child, he'll still find a job in the NFL.

Unlike the players you mentions Hillis is not a starter. Skills or not it would be stupid for a 4th/2nd stringer(now 3rd/2nd) to do that crap. I just want see him get some more carries and prove if last years play was a fluke or not. I dont care if hes a starter or not.

Popps
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Who do you have at #3? LaMont?

Well, that's where he's listed. I haven't seen him in weeks, of course.

How come there's no LaMont Jordan Concpiracy cries?

Los Broncos
12-16-2009, 07:16 PM
When we get down near the goal line this week I think we might get a sighting of Jordan.

errand
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Unlike the players you mentions Hillis is not a starter. Skills or not it would be stupid for a 4th/2nd stringer(now 3rd/2nd) to do that crap. I just want see him get some more carries and prove if last years play was a fluke or not. I dont care if hes a starter or not.

Why would it be stupid for him to do that? Every player wants to start in the NFL...if they didn't I'd question their desire. If there was truly a "conspiracy" going on, and that McDaniels was intentionally keeping the "better" player on the bench. (remember, this debate is about more than Hillis getting a few more snaps, several on here think he's the best RB on our team)...why wouldn't he be screaming to high heaven?

strafen
12-16-2009, 07:26 PM

BTW, you clowns never did name one freaking team he'd start for if he were to get cut. So tell us who he'd be able to start for if he was released today?Whether he'd start with another team or not, I can assure you his contribution to a team will be far greater and would have a bigger impact than what the RB's we currently have

errand
12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Chuckle Nutzs! Who has advocated that Hillis should be the STARTER? The Hillis supporters just want him to have a chance to contribute with the first team offense....especially when your BOY Moreno ain't getting the job done and C-Buck can't play b/c he's injured!!

so you admit he should be riding the pine?

Hey **** for brains, you're the moron who claimed he'd become a star if he played elsewhere...not sure how many bench warmers become stars, but that's what you clkaimed. So got the list of team's he'd be a star on?

Popps
12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Why would it be stupid for him to do that? Every player wants to start in the NFL...if they didn't I'd question their desire. If there was truly a "conspiracy" going on, and that McDaniels was intentionally keeping the "better" player on the bench. (remember, this debate is about more than Hillis getting a few more snaps, several on here think he's the best RB on our team)...why wouldn't he be screaming to high heaven?

That's the wonderfully comedic element of this whole "debate."

The HCC claims that McDaniels has singled out Hillis as the target, while subsequently sparing 52 other players. (Many of whom were Shanahan guys.)

Conversely, McDaniels has made 2 out of 3 of his top draft picks healthy game-day inactives when he thought they weren't performing.

But, in the case of Hillis (not try to follow me here) ... McDaniels knows he's SO good, he'll "make McDaniels look foolish."

Really? A productive player makes a coach look "foolish?" When did that start and why didn't I get that memo?

Sure seems to me like a productive Hillis would make McDaniels look even smarter. He'd have 3 quality RBs producing results out there. Writers would be praising him for his creativity and ability to get all of them involved.

But, of course... the HCC hasn't addressed any of those massive gaps in logic.

How can a coach make himself look "foolish" by fielding "the best" player? And you can't say he's trying to protect his draft pick, because he's benched two other high profile draft picks this season, and you can't say it's because Hillis is a Shanahan guy... because we have a host of Shanahan regime players doing very well.

Massive, gigantic gaps in reasoning... yet, here we are. Approaching 1500 posts!

:welcome:

errand
12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Whether he'd start with another team or not, I can assure you his contribution to a team will be far greater and would have a bigger impact than what the RB's we currently have

Oh, so he'd be a contributor on whatever team he's playing on, now?

Wow, big freaking downgrade form his being the best RB on the Broncos to a "contributor"

Well right now he's contributing as a back-up FB, and 4th string RB.

strafen
12-16-2009, 07:31 PM

:rofl:I wonder how many times have you used the word conspiracy?
Is that something new you've just discovered?
You started to sound a little retard, my friend...

Gort
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
i'm pretty sure Hillis would break off 2K in our system.

;D

strafen
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh, so he'd be a contributor on whatever team he's playing on, now?

Wow, big freaking downgrade form his being the best RB on the Broncos to a "contributor"

Well right now he's contributing as a back-up FB, and 4th string RB.It depends.
When I say contributor that means by making plays when he plays. Not to just run the ball and contribute to nothing by not making things happen.
Every player contributes to a team. Contribution are measurable gains and are relevant...

frerottenextelway
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Why are we throwing Peyton Hillis under the bus? Because some think he is talented and misused, others have to paint him as nothing more than a bulked a version of Corky? I don't get it.

broncolife
12-16-2009, 07:53 PM

Its called being a teamplayer.I never said he didnt want to start. I said it would be stupid to do it that way.Not whine and biatch to get on another team. If he wants to start he should just keep trying to get better until his contract is up and then leave. Now if we tagged him then I wouldnt mind if he made a stink of not starting and wanting to go to another team. Actually the debate was about how Hillis is a dumbarse and cant get any playing time because of it. I dont think its a conspiracy I just dont think Mcdaniels realizes what he has in Hillis, just like Shanny didnt until he found out how wrong he was late in the season.

watermock
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM

Buck is the best runner, but he has a long history if injury. Moreno has all the skills but runs tenative and blind. Fankly, as I said early, he doesn't have speed to turn it outside. Jordan is old and slow, even slower the Moreno.

It would be intersting to see Hillis at 230 and just told to run to daylight.

Who cares? McD's Man blocking has proven a epic faiure. He will lose Dennison and Turner next year.

Denver was very lucky to beat Cincy and Dallas, and altho I believe in making your own luck, the fluke plays against Cincy and Dallas could have us at 7-8.

As far as the bullshiat reagarrding our coach telling us we had no FB, it's laughable.

Anyone knows we run a 3 wr set or 2 TE set.

BYW, where the **** is our 2nd round pick TE?

Talk about blocking TE, aren't we paying one 10 million?

Popps
12-16-2009, 08:22 PM
You started to sound a little retard, my friend... (SIC)

Popps
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
Why are we throwing Peyton Hillis under the bus? Because some think he is talented and misused, others have to paint him as nothing more than a bulked a version of Corky? I don't get it.

By the way, I don't think anyone is throwing him under the bus. In fact, most of us would like to see him earn more reps, and this wonderful, 1500 post gem was really created just to shed some potential light on why he might not be more involved.

It's blossomed into something much better, though.

watermock
12-16-2009, 08:46 PM

By the way, I don't think anyone is throwing him under the bus. In fact, most of us would like to see him earn more reps, and this wonderful, 1500 post gem was really created just to shed some potential light on why he might not be more involved.

It's blossomed into something much better, though.

Potential light? You have never even been able to disclose your"source"

No, YOU threw him under the bus when many FLA state players had to be personally tutored.

Do you know the average wonderlic of the average running back?

watermock
12-16-2009, 08:49 PM
You said he was too stupid to fathom MCD's "complicated running scheme".

Taco John
12-16-2009, 08:53 PM
A trip down memory Lane:

This only works based on your opinion that Hillis is a Superstar RB after 6 qtrs of good football. I'm not on that bandwagon with you.

Sub "extremely productive back" in for Superstar... and then go back and look at his production for us even before he began running on a regular basis, and then go back and look at his YPC average in college, where he came out considered a "tweener"... part RB, part FB.

No one is calling him a Superstar. But, if you've watched the team as long as some of us have, you quickly understand the value of this type of back.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 08:54 PM
A gem:

He IS your power-back, as well as a good cut-back runner, and yea... he's dynamic. You're making a great case to keep him there and giving him 20-25 carries... intentionally or not.

Again, I think you're confusing the fact that he can do some other things with the notion that he needs to do those other things.

Terrell Davis was a great special teams player. He also had fantastic hands.
However, we never used him on STs and he didn't catch a lot of passes as his career progressed.

Hillis is obviously no TD, but he's highly effective at running the ball on 1st and 2nd downs. That's light-years more crucial to a coach than a guy who can run a circle route from the FB position, though he very well may do that as well.

Mike Shanahan needs a back to put in in 2nd and 5 on a regular basis. He hasn't had one in years. He found one in Hillis and that's why Shanahan said himself that he'll get a shot at RB, not in some sort of novelty role.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
I think this one is good:

Hillis has more value than just as a RB. he has more talents that if he were used only as a RB would not get used. In the best interest of the team, we should get a workhorse RB in the draft, and use Hillis everywhere.
Hillis, can run the ball, lead block, catch out of the backfield, line up at TE, or WR, or at the slot, as an X-Factor H-Back type of player for this team he could be a very dangerous weapon. I never said he should be relegated to being a FB, but he should not be the primary RB on this team.
Shanahan sees what he can do with Hillis. Over the offseason he will come up with a package of plays specifically to get the ball into Hillis' hands, be it short yardage runs, FB Dives, screens, downfield passes. Next season Hillis won't be our starting RB, but he will be all over the field contributing in a lot of different ways.
Do you realize how dynamic he is? he can get the job done at RB if we had to use him there, but that is just a waste of his talent. he could be so much more than just a power back in a RBBC, why underuse him, when we could find interesting ways to get the ball in his hands while also having him available if we need him to run the ball.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 08:59 PM
Shanahan is an idiot for not starting Hillis:

Shanahan didn't ignore it. That's why he fed him the ball 22 times against the 3rd best run D in the league, and had him on the way to another 100+ yard game the next week before he was injured.
There's a reason Boyd, Bell, Pope etc. weren't seeing any carries.
Again, if we draft the next Jim Brown... we won't need Hillis to carry the ball for us. Until then, we need to continue to give him carries in 1st and 2nd down situations.
WILL Shanahan keep him running the ball? Who knows. Clearly Shanhan doesn't have a real good handle on things at all times or Hillis would have been getting carries earlier. (Along with a bunch of other examples I could give from this year.)

Dedhed
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
A trip down memory Lane:

Am I supposed to be ashamed of that post?

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Not bad:

Well, the debates can end... at this point. But, as we saw in the 2nd half Sunday, Hillis brought something back to this offense we hadn't had since Mike Anderson.
We need a guy who can run 15 (minimum) times a game and bang out 4-6 yards on first down. Hillis could, and teams HAD to respect the run.

Taco John
Am I supposed to be ashamed of that post?

I don't think so.

Taco John
I like this plan:

Get Hillis healthy... bring in a decent speed-back, split up the carries. Done deal.

I think that should be the formula next year as well. Whether its with Hillis as the feature back and a burner is brought in or they draft a RB and use Hillis like a combo TE, FB, HB.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Potential light? You have never even been able to disclose your"source"

I stated very clearly that someone sent me a PM. I also provided a very public source of the same speculation.

No, YOU threw him under the bus when many FLA state players had to be personally tutored.

Ummm..... huh?

Do you know the average wonderlic of the average running back?

I really don't care as long as they can do their job and earn their reps. Hopefully Peyton will again. Broncos fans are all pulling for him.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Football 101, man:

Look, dude... if you think we're going to move the ball with absolutely no running game against playoff-caliber teams, you're free to live out that fantasy.
I'm not being negative. The reality is that we're in a situation where we need to replace Hillis' production. We struggled to run the ball badly in the second half. We can't expect Cutler to walk on water every week with no run support.
It's football 101, man.

Dedhed
12-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I like this plan:

The only problem is that they brought in two better backs.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I like this plan:

That's what everyone is bummed about... Hillis has all of this talent and can't get himself on the field.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Football 101, man:

Absolutely. Gotta run the ball. Was true then, it's true now.

Hopefully Peyton can "rethink his motives" and help his team win games.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:06 PM
You're a douchebag if you don't agree that Hillis is the best thing ever:

I know, dude. I'm ****ing with you.
Honestly, though... besides a few douche-bags around here, everyone saw how different this team was with Hillis taking the bulk of the carries. I mean, it's night and day.
This is a real bummer, and especially to lose him on a fluke duck-pass like that. I just hope he can be back for the playoffs. Sounds like that's even questionable.
We need to do something. Bell is a fine back-up, but today solidified what I've been saying. We need a guy with a quick burst to the line and the power to break the first wave of tacklers. Hillis was that guy... as was Mike Anderson, R. Droughns and Terrell Davis. (All very different backs, but they all share that quick first burst to the line, the vision and the ability to break a tackle.)
I think we need to look out of house, now. Pretty much no choice. That, or Pope. I actually like what I saw of him in the ATL game. But, there must be a reason Shanahan hasn't given him any carries since.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Another goodie...

The only issue with him may ironically be his size. 6'2" RBs sometimes have trouble staying healthy. I do agree that we should have another capable back, but until I see one on the roster... Hillis should be getting 20 carries a game.

People act as if it's simple to go out and grab the next Walter Payton. We've been subbing out RBs since TD left. We've got potentially very productive back in Hillis. He needs to start at running back. The nonsense about moving him to fullback full-time can come into play when there's someone on the roster who's better than he is.
Until then, our offense has looked the most efficient when he's back there taking the bulk of the carries.

Having a productive running game averaging 5 yards a carry and dictating the tempo of games isn't a "problem" we need to fix. Hillis' success isn't the same as Woodyard playing well. Hillis brought production to a position where there was none. End of story.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:11 PM
This one applies pretty well to this thread:

Oh look everyone, it's the guy who called the entire forum gay racists because Hillis is a popular player. No more great takes like that, boss?
Yea, you're right... Hillis has only had "one good game."

Far be it from me to make any suggestions to your epic posts, but you may want to go ahead and watch football at some point in your life. Then, watch the Broncos.

Then, actually read some posts around here and educate yourself.

Until then, I guess go back to telling us all that the only reason we like any players is because they're white.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:11 PM
You're a douchebag if you don't agree that Hillis is the best thing ever:

Sure, Hillis absolutely made our team better last year. The very thesis this thread was build upon was that fact.

I quoted MYSELF as a guy who saw him as a starter.

As for last year, he was clearly better than the slobs we were trotting out there.

Once again, the shame here is that he's been unable to contribute this year.
As a big believer in his talents, I think it's a shame.

Dedhed
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Look. The bottom line is this: there is a reason Hillis isn't on the field. This is another case of idiots who think they know more than the people who spend 20 hours a day pondering these decisions, and get paid millions of dollars to do it.

Same as the "Bowlen you gutless drunk" tools.

If Taco Johnny had a clue as to why Hillis isn't on the field, he wouldn't be running a Broncos fan site. Same goes for me. The only difference is that I defer to the people who know what the hell they're doing.

That's the easy truth.

Popps
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
This one applies pretty well to this thread:

Taco, you caught the part in the original post about me being a huge fan of his talents, right?

You keep repeating these posts which only reinforce that which I've already clearly stated.

Thanks... appreciate it, but I think I made it abundantly clear that I think he's talented.

Hence... his inability to get reps is disappointing.

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Hey this one is some fun:

I hate to agree with Popps here, but you people are being retards about drafting a back #1. First this isn't a great tailback draft. Second, Shannahan doesn't draft tailbacks in the first round. Third, we get 4 RB's back next year, plus Hillis is running the ball very well. Fourth, we need to focus on Defense. We have a ton of weapons on offense. Chad Jackson even contributed and could be a nice #4 reciever.

I don't believe anybody has said that we are absolutely drafting a runningback #1. Just that it's a position of need still, and that it could be addressed on day one.

Correct, it's a position of need as long is it's put in proper order...
1. DE
2. DE
3. S
4. S
5. OLB (Strong)
6. RB

Taco John
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Booya!

Hard to say who might be available where we end up drafting. But if Chris Wells or Knowshown Moreno falls to us, it's a distinct possibility that we walk away with either of them. Either of those two falling to us at #1 is unlikely though.

Again, I'm a bit confused as to why the emergence of a very solid runner in our system seems to have convinced people Shanahan will now take a RB high in the draft.

Rock Chalk
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Booya!

Your argument fails.

His reference to SHANAHAN taking a RB high in the draft was probably accurate.

McD changed the game plan.