Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

broncolife
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
1001 formerly known as 1000

frerottenextelway
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM

Don Flamenco
12-13-2009, 02:25 PM
LOL! Yeah, ok The Forum Jackass. Nobody gives a **** what you think. Hilarious! I assumed someone who has useful posts responded to me, not .75 over here ::)

What? 6x8 is 48

Don Flamenco
12-13-2009, 02:27 PM
If Buck can't go next week, watch McD have Lamont Jordan as our backup.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 02:30 PM
What? 6x8 is 48

It's a joke...I think Apa...made a while ago. His UN should be "over" instead of "times" making him .75 because he's much more worthless than 48.

And broncolife, way to screw up the counting by being one off! :~ohyah!: I THINK I should be # 1004 now???

*edit* DAMMIT Don, you made me 1005! :kiss:

sixtimeseight
12-13-2009, 02:37 PM
What? 6x8 is 48

lol. pwned.

broncolife
12-13-2009, 02:38 PM
It's a joke...I think Apa...made a while ago. His UN should be "over" instead of "times" making him .75 because he's much more worthless than 48.

And broncolife, way to screw up the counting by being one off! :~ohyah!: I THINK I should be # 1004 now???

*edit* DAMMIT Don, you made me 1005! :kiss:

lol didnt even look at the post number on the top right side. just looked at the number of replies

Don Flamenco
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh ok. In that case 1008

rastaman
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
It's my belief that Moreno and Buckhalter are just plain better than he is overall....and that's why he's not getting the number of carries you're whining about.

Okay Errand.....whats your excuse now? The game is over! Moreno struggled avg'd 1.5 ypc w/23 carries for 63 yards and Moreno was 0-4 with picking up first downs. Buckhalter proved he's not reliable b/c you never know when he gets injured!

And yet once again McD was the "Ball-n-Chain" around Hillis's ankle!

McD saw Moreno was struggling and killing the rushing attack and McD's favorite little pet....C-Buck "I'm always Injured" left the game early due to injury!

So why did McD fail to script plays for Hillis to jump start the abysmal non-existent running attack!

What have you got to say for yourself? Speak up now b/c your reputation is on the line!

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
lol. pwned.

And this is why you don't put people on ignore, you just lose more credibility by not knowing that a response from someone made your post even more stupid.

Oh, #1010
To be fair, the last 2ish pages have been about the most recent game. Someone easily could have made a new thread about it, but instead we're saving space by using an existing thread ROFL!

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Correct.

He hasn't earned the chance. There are 22 guys out there starting every weekend that seem to have had no problem earning a job. Hillis isn't one of them.

Again, if he can't even earn short-yardage carries, that should tell you something. Plenty of prior-regime players are having success with the new staff. Hillis is a deep reserve, yet again.

Do the math.

So Popps how your Math after todays game? Moreno proved he couldn't get the job done. And Buckhalter proved he couldn't stay healty and left the game injured.

So what does McD do? McD gives ALL of C-Bucks carries to the all ready struggling and non-first down converting Moreno; w/o once trying to script plays for Peyton Hillis in terms of rushing and pass catching opportunities.

How did Moreno do today in the short yardage area?

You Epically Failed with your blind homerism with Moreno and your blind support for McDaniel's obvivous favoritism.

errand
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Gotta love the mane...

First it was the coach that was gonna cause us to finish in the AFC West cellar because he's an idiot.

Then when the clown posse realized that this guy has a pretty good idea what he's doing, they moved onto bashing Kyle Orton, or pining for Chris Simms then when Orton (or Simms for that matter) shuts them up, they have now moved onto bashing the rookie RB Moreno.

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 03:08 PM
So Popps how your Math after todays game? Moreno proved he couldn't get the job done. And Buckhalter proved he couldn't stay healty and left the game injured.

So what does McD do? McD gives ALL of C-Bucks carries to the all ready struggling and non-first down converting Moreno; w/o once trying to script plays for Peyton Hillis in terms of rushing and pass catching opportunities.

How did Moreno do today in the short yardage area?

You Epically Failed with your blind homerism with Moreno and your blind support for McDaniel's obvivous favoritism.

1 Att. 2 yards. 0 yards after contact. Next.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Moreno struggled avg'd 1.5 ypc w/23 carries for 63 yards

Fail math class much?

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
So Popps how your Math after todays game?

See your post that I quoted above. You probably shouldn't bring up the subject of math.....ever.

errand
12-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Okay Errand.....whats your excuse now? The game is over! Moreno struggled avg'd 1.5 ypc w/23 carries for 63 yards and Moreno was 0-4 with picking up first downs. Buckhalter proved he's not reliable b/c you never know when he gets injured!

Umm, 63 yards on 23 carries is a 2.7 yard average....not good enough in my book, but it's better than the bull**** you're trying to sell. As for him getting stopped on 3rd or 4th down. It happens, especially when the defense is looking for a run on 3rd or 4th and ONE to go

Hillis got a carry, which is probably all the pressure he could handle in a close game...but since you think McDaniels has it in for the guy, despite his alleged all-world talent, then prove it.

McD saw Moreno was struggling and killing the rushing attack and McD's favorite little pet....C-Buck "I'm always Injured" left the game early due to injury!

So why did McD fail to script plays for Hillis to jump start the abysmal non-existent running attack!

What have you got to say for yourself? Speak up now b/c your reputation is on the line!

Moreno didn't kill the rushing attack you moron, the Colt's defense did. As for why your son didn't see the field, that's you're issue, not mine.

I think he's an OK RB, you think he's God and the coach has it in for him and chooses to ignore his superhuman feats of strength and agility. again, I just don't think Hillis is the best RB on our team...I mean c'mon man...he can't even get carries in a game where our running attack is struggling, and the #1a or #2 (you pick) RB is injured.

in Bold

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Exactly.

Today is a game where you have to know what you're looking at, not just have a fantasy football/Madden mentality.

Blame who you want, but Moreno had nowhere to run today. There was a ****ing gaggle of defenders up in his **** before he could hit the LOS.

Moreno should have been relieved of his short yardage duties today....plain and simple. For the next 3 remaining games---give Moreno the benefit of the doubt in short yardage but if he can't get the job done! Give Hillis a try! What do you have to lose???? Also, throw some passes Hillis way a well!

When HC's play their pets or have their favorites this results in not putting the team in the best position/opportunity to win games.

Sure you can try to play the political card of excuses that said player is a "Bad" practice player, is too dumb to learn the offense, is 89th on the depth chart, etc., However when your starting players are not getting the job done or can't be depended upon to play or complete games due to injuries! Perhaps your starting players are the ones who need to be re-evalued and placed down on the depth charts. Fair is Fair in the land of favoritism and team pets.

Popps
12-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Fail math class much?

:rofl:

I'm going to guess he didn't spend a lot of time in school, in any capacity.
Certainly never played football.

BroncoInferno
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Well, I am not convinced that Hillis would have been able to do much better with the poor run blocking effort today. That said, after Buckhalter left the game I don't see why it would have hurt to give Hillis a few opportunities. The only thing one can conclude is that McD really doesn't trust the guy not to screw up. That's the only explanation.

go_broncos
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Key Stat
Denver outgained Indianapolis (357-312) and picked off Peyton Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/peytonmanning/profile?id=MAN515097) three times. What hurt the Broncos, however, was their inability to convert in crucial situations, as they were just 6-for-17 (35 percent) on third downs and 0-for-3 on fourth downs.

We need to give chance to Hillis to see if he can deliver. I believe there is no harm in doing it.

errand
12-13-2009, 03:21 PM
For what it's worth we lost this game more so because Prater missed a 42 yard FG, Kyle Orton threw a rare red zone pick, and the defense allowed Colts to convert on 9 of 16 3rd down plays.

Colt's red zone conversion rate 4-4 100%

Broncos conversion rate 2-4 50%

We outgained them, won the turnover battle and won the time of possesion battle that all the so-called experts claimed we'd have to do in order to beat Manning.

Moreno getting the bulk of carries and Hillis getting only one is not why the Colt's won.....no matter how badly rasta and dragster69's hillis wants that to be true.

Popps
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Give Hillis a try! What do you have to lose???? Also, throw some passes Hillis way a well!.

Again, I'm all for it.

Shanahan didn't, until he had to... and it appears McDaniels won't, until he has to.

Must be a reason. Whatever the reason is, it's not Popps from the Orange Mane's fault.

I like his ability. I'm not sure how many times we can go through this. The kid must have problems with coaching. It's that simple.

Or, it's reverse, double-racism. Take your pick.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:30 PM
in Bold

Umm, 63 yards on 23 carries is a 2.7 yard average....not good enough in my book, but it's better than the bull**** you're trying to sell. As for him getting stopped on 3rd or 4th down. It happens, especially when the defense is looking for a run on 3rd or 4th and ONE to go

It happens my ass! Everytime Denver has faced a stout Defense....Moreno has not gotten it done! You are in denial thats for sure. Thanks to your stuborness and McD's favoritism and denial we will not know how Hillis would have performed TODAY! Because McD acted as the "Ball-n-Chain" around Hillis's ankle.

Hillis got a carry, which is probably all the pressure he could handle in a close game...but since you think McDaniels has it in for the guy, despite his alleged all-world talent, then prove it.

Since when has a RB proven what he's capable of on just measly carry.....you can't be serious!-----ARE YOU! Say it ain't so JOE!!! Why not just give C-Buck just one carry per game when he returns from injury! Why not just give Moreno just one carry per game b/c he has hit the wall due to not being used to playing past the 12-13 games as he did in college! Your argument is lame "Hog-Head".

Moreno didn't kill the rushing attack you moron, the Colt's defense did. As for why your son didn't see the field, that's you're issue, not mine.

You have plenty of issues....one is blind homerism!

I think he's an OK RB, you think he's God and the coach has it in for him and chooses to ignore his superhuman feats of strength and agility. again, I just don't think Hillis is the best RB on our team...I mean c'mon man...he can't even get carries in a game where our running attack is struggling, and the #1a or #2 (you pick) RB is injured

I could care less what you think! Hillis doesn't need to be the best RB on the team! Hell Moreno and C-Buck proved they aren't the best RB's on the team. The facts are you settle the dispute whether a player can play in this league by allowing the players to show what they can on the GD FIELD!

The time for all the mind games, propaganda, head games, mythical bad practice player, not knowing the offense, he's not my favroite! he's not my pet during the month of December is all BULL-CRAP!

You can't say a player can't play or isn't ready to play, while your starting players aren't getting the job done as well. But dude you keep believing what you believe---no one will distrub you and bring you back to reality.

bpc
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Honestly, i hope we release Hillis this offseason and I hope he goes to a place that knows how to use versatile HB's, like NO. He would be great with the Saints. Payton would find a way to get him carries and catches much the way that Mike Bell has looked like a stud under him.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:34 PM
It happens my ass! Everytime Denver has faced a stout Defense....the OLine has not gotten it done!

fixed it for you

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Again, I'm all for it.

Shanahan didn't, until he had to... and it appears McDaniels won't, until he has to.

Must be a reason. Whatever the reason is, it's not Popps from the Orange Mane's fault.

I like his ability. I'm not sure how many times we can go through this. The kid must have problems with coaching. It's that simple.

Or, it's reverse, double-racism. Take your pick.

At this point....either McD has problems evaluating talent or he's stubborn and has his pets and is playing favoritism. Its all detrimental to the teams ability to WIN. And result in why the teams lose games.

By the way....McD is at his "Has-to-Point", b/c C-Buck has proven he can't stay healthy and finish games. And as of today, Moreno was begging to either come out of the game, or was worn down or just didn't know how to fake injury to give McD no other choice but to play Hillis.

Hillis isn't the problem.....McD is the problem and he let the Defense down today by not putting Hillis in there to jump start the offense in the 2nd half.

strafen
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
For what it's worth we lost this game more so because Prater missed a 42 yard FG, Kyle Orton threw a rare red zone pick, and the defense allowed Colts to convert on 9 of 16 3rd down plays.

Colt's red zone conversion rate 4-4 100%

Broncos conversion rate 2-4 50%

We outgained them, won the turnover battle and won the time of possesion battle that all the so-called experts claimed we'd have to do in order to beat Manning.

Moreno getting the bulk of carries and Hillis getting only one is not why the Colt's won.....no matter how badly rasta and dragster69's hillis wants that to be true.

I don't want anything to be true more than you want everything you saw not to be the truth.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Fail math class much?

Have you been in denial much this season. Do you have a belly full of homerism?????:clown:

Popps
12-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Honestly, i hope we release Hillis this offseason and I hope he goes to a place that knows how to use versatile HB's.

Again, more bizarre... psychotic, anti-team... pro (selective) player babble.

You and Rasta alter-egos or something?

Honestly, we've got people around here giving thanks to Larry Coyer after his team beat us, we've got guys who don't care that we lost, only that we give Marshall more money.... and now we've got you hoping Hillis gets released as opposed to learning to help his current team.

I have an idea, if you folks just have allegiance to a few players, why not just go follow them and quit pretending to be Broncos fans?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:44 PM
1 Att. 2 yards. 0 yards after contact. Next.

Comeback and talk after Hillis was given 10 carries and only gained 20 yards. Wheres your competive spirit homer? At least Moreno was given 23 carries to gain 63 yards!!! At least Moreno was give 4 chances to convert 3rd/4th downs and failed meserable and went 0-4! Why not give Hillis the same opportunities next Sunday! He can't do any worse than what C-Buck and Moreno combined to do against the Colts today.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Have you been in denial much this season. Do you have a belly full of homerism?????:clown:

Can't even just say "yeah, my bad, don't know what I was thinking there." You have to come back with something completely nonsensical.

Shocker.

Popps
12-13-2009, 03:51 PM
At this point....either McD has problems evaluating talent .

Yea, he and Shanahan need you to help them "evaluate talent."

You've been at every practice?

How come you're not posting reports?

bpc
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Honestly, we've got people around here giving thanks to Larry Coyer after his team beat us, we've got guys who don't care that we lost, only that we give Marshall more money.... and now we've got you hoping Hillis gets released as opposed to learning to help his current team.

I have an idea, if you folks just have allegiance to a few players, why not just go follow them and quit pretending to be Broncos fans?

More rhetoric from Popps. If you like certain players that aren't playing and/or support former players or coaches, you're a bad fan and should go root for somebody else.

If you criticize the coaching staff or organization, you should go root for somebody else.

Got it.

Does the fan police have anything else to say?

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Comeback and talk after Hillis was given 10 carries and only gained 20 yards. Wheres your competive spirit homer? At least Moreno was given 23 carries to gain 63 yards!!! At least Moreno was give 4 chances to convert 3rd/4th downs and failed meserable and went 0-4! Why not give Hillis the same opportunities next Sunday! He can't do any worse than what C-Buck and Moreno combined to do against the Colts today.

I'm not saying Hillis will do any worse, and I'm quite puzzeled as to why McD didn't put Hillis in to spell Moreno when he was obviously gased and or hurt in the fourth quarter. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure it's not because of your reasoning of McD not being able to evaluate talent, or he just has a bias against Hillis. I do however know that Hillis played like crap at FB today since Larsen got hurt. He missed every assignment and block when he was in there.

For some reason, Moreno can not take the bulk of the carries like that without getting proper rest during the game. When Buck went out, Moreno was rested for just two plays. That is not a good thing.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM

Popps your argument is as weak as 9 newly born kittens. You need to quit being a shill for Bowlen and McD and focus on the players who are grinding it out mentally and physically on the fied during the month of DECEMBER! Bowlen is only needed for his money! And McD is mentally drained at this point and has lost the Broncos a couple of games b/c he plays FAVORITISM and has his pets.

McD let down the Defense today b/c he did not have the best players on the field today. Plain and simple. McD knows Hillis could have made the difference today especially in 2nd half. Mike Nolan's defense tried to hold the fort in the 2nd half....However, McD's incompetence gave up the Fort b/c he was too afraid to be shown wrong about his failure to use Peyton Hillis.

And by the way.....McD can settle this whole debate by giving Peyton all of C-Bucks carries and let it be solved on the field.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:59 PM
However, McD's incompetence gave up the Fort b/c he was too afraid to be shown wrong about his failure to use Peyton Hillis.

Which would get McD fired: losing games with his guys or winning games with Shanny's guys? Why would he EVER choose to lose games just because he couldn't admit that a Shanny guy was better than one of his guys?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm not saying Hillis will do any worse, and I'm quite puzzeled as to why McD didn't put Hillis in to spell Moreno when he was obviously gased and or hurt in the fourth quarter. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure it's not because of your reasoning of McD not being able to evaluate talent, or he just has a bias against Hillis. I do however know that Hillis played like crap at FB today since Larsen got hurt. He missed every assignment and block when he was in there.

For some reason, Moreno can not take the bulk of the carries like that without getting proper rest during the game. When Buck went out, Moreno was rested for just two plays. That is not a good thing.

Point well taken. I'm just frustrated at this point. And tired of giving McD the bennefit of the doubt at this stage in the season. I could be wrong about McD or I could be right! Many of the McD appologist and Hills doubters have said over-n-over that the only Hillis starts and contributes with the first team offense would be if one of the starters are injured. Well boy were they wrong b/c low and behold, C-Buck went down with an injury and McD totally ignored Hillis. I'm pissed to say the least. But hey I'm just fan.:strong:

rastaman
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Which would get McD fired: losing games with his guys or winning games with Shanny's guys? Why would he EVER choose to lose games just because he couldn't admit that a Shanny guy was better than one of his guys?

You tell me! I know what McD is doing with Hillis in the 2009 season won't get him fired so the that point is mute.

All I know is two weeks ago or even last week, McD should have pulled Hillis a side and told him to be ready b/c Moreno is struggling and C-Buck can't be depended upon to stay healthy or finish games, and WE may need you to jump start the offense. Thats all I was expecting from the young 30 something year old rookie HC.

Dagmar
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/inconceivably.jpg

Florida_Bronco
12-13-2009, 04:23 PM

A-mother****ing-men, Popps. Amen!

Seriously, every time I see a post like that I wish I want to stab the idiot who posts it. It's ****ing ridiculous.

bpc
12-13-2009, 04:38 PM
A-mother****ing-men, Popps. Amen!

Seriously, every time I see a post like that I wish I want to stab the idiot who posts it. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Wish you would try tough guy!

Requiem
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Hillis doesn't make up for our poor offensive line play. He doesn't change the play calls and questionable back-sets on short yard situations. Hillis earned the role he has on this team. A piece of dog****.

Popps
12-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Hillis just represents an opportunity for bitter, ex-fans to try to find a an area to attack.

Honestly... did people watch this ****ing game? Did people not see the 5 defenders in the backfield as Moreno took the handoff on every play?

Can Hillis fly?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Hillis just represents an opportunity for bitter, ex-fans to try to find a an area to attack.

Honestly... did people watch this ****ing game? Did people not see the 5 defenders in the backfield as Moreno took the handoff on every play?

Can Hillis fly?

Oh reallyPopps every single play is it now? So Moreno ran the ball 23 times and on each of those carries 5 defenders were in the backfield.......tell ya what homer, lay off your meds while you're watching the last 3 remaining Broncos games.......the Truth might set you free.:thumbs:

rastaman
12-13-2009, 05:41 PM

Rusty-Queer you are one strange dude. I understand you work at day care center. Boy the parents and the staff should have you under surveillance.8')

See ya later OM Transvestite.:thumbsup:

BroncoInferno
12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh reallyPopps every single play is it now? So Moreno ran the ball 23 times and on each of those carries 5 defenders were in the backfield.......tell ya what homer, lay off your meds while you're watching the last 3 remaining Broncos games.......the Truth might set you free.:thumbs:

How the hell is he being a homer? You both recognize the same problem (poor short yardage production) but blame two different aspects of the team. Popps (correctly) blames the blocking of the OL, while you (incorrectly) blame the running backs. So, it is being a homer to blame the OL instead of the RBs? What the hell kind of logic is that? He would be a homer if said there was no problem at all.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Hillis doesn't make up for our poor offensive line play. He doesn't change the play calls and questionable back-sets on short yard situations. Hillis earned the role he has on this team. A piece of dog****.

Oh really. I'm glad Hillis has reported for duty. He waited patiently to help his team mates during the time of battle but McClueless never called his number. Maybe next McD will suite up and play for C-Buck. I'm sure Moreno sure could use McD running the ball to give him a rest. Moreno sure can't depend on Buckhalter thats for sure.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 05:54 PM
How the hell is he being a homer? You both recognize the same problem (poor short yardage production) but blame two different aspects of the team. Popps (correctly) blames the blocking of the OL, while you (incorrectly) blame the running backs. So, it is being a homer to blame the OL instead of the RBs? What the hell kind of logic is that? He would be a homer if said there was no problem at all.

Popps is a homer b/c his first inclination is to side with Bowlen and McDaniel's while behaving as a fair weather fan toward the players themselves. I'm glad no one listened to Popps this past summer on getting rid of Marshall.....boy would our season had been in a world of hurt. Point is Bowlen and McD are not infallible but I'll be GD if Popps isn't the first shill in line to back Bowlen and McD until the very end.

I can't wait to hear his spin this off-season when BMarsh and Bowlen sit down to hammer out his new contract. It will be a classic.

bpc
12-13-2009, 06:22 PM
Rusty-Queer you are one strange dude. I understand you work at day care center. Boy the parents and the staff should have you under surveillance.8')

See ya later OM Transvestite.:thumbsup:

His new nickname is Rusty Trombone and he has so much time on his hands, he surfs the web for Alien Porn to post on this forum and for personal use.

errand
12-13-2009, 07:22 PM
You tell me! I know what McD is doing with Hillis in the 2009 season won't get him fired so the that point is mute.

All I know is two weeks ago or even last week, McD should have pulled Hillis a side and told him to be ready b/c Moreno is struggling and C-Buck can't be depended upon to stay healthy or finish games, and WE may need you to jump start the offense. Thats all I was expecting from the young 30 something year old rookie HC.

What makes you so sure he hasn't done that?

You do realize they analyze every play to see who's doing their job and who's not doing it, right?

And in the position meetings you don't think that the RB coach or OC hasn't also made reference to any and all struggles?

And it would make sense that they would work on those problems in practice as well.....with those who perform (and not injured) receiving playing time on Sunday.

Is it possible, even to you that perhaps Hillis hasn't proven to the coaches he can get it done? Is it possible?

Archer81
12-13-2009, 07:24 PM

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I will never look at Alf the same way ever again...

:Broncos:

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't get it.

Cbuck is out. Moreno is gassed and limping... and yet we still don't use Hillis.

Moreno is getting stuffed time and time again on short yardage. Did Moreno even make a single first 3rd and short today? He missed on blocks and even fumbled.

Still.... no Hillis. Not on bubble screens... nothing....

Everyone I know is asking the same question.

WTF?

errand
12-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Popps is a homer b/c his first inclination is to side with Bowlen and McDaniel's while behaving as a fair weather fan toward the players themselves.

Would you side with a cardio surgeon that has performed open heart surgery or your local butcher if you needed a heart transplant? Why wouldn't you put your trust in a professional who does it for a living?

As for being "fairweathered" towards the players....Popps, like most true fans (yes, there is a difference) loves the Broncos...not any one player.

I'm glad no one listened to Popps this past summer on getting rid of Marshall.....boy would our season had been in a world of hurt. Point is Bowlen and McD are not infallible but I'll be GD if Popps isn't the first shill in line to back Bowlen and McD until the very end.

Again you fail to listen with the intent to hear....nobody, Popps included, questioned Marshall's physical talent, just like nobody has questioned Hillis' physical talent. They do however question their importance to the Denver Broncos....in Hillis' case whether or not we need to debate his pine riding status, in Marshall's whether or not he'd be a detriment to the "team first" concept McDaniels has installed

In Bold

Archer81
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't get it.

Cbuck is out. Moreno is gassed and limping... and yet we still don't use Hillis.

Moreno is getting stuffed time and time again on short yardage. Did Moreno even make a single first 3rd and short today? He missed on blocks and even fumbled.

WTF?

Considering the O-line was getting owned alot today, I really doubt Hillis would have done much better. Today was just not our day.

errand
12-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't get it.

WTF?

You tell us....why can't this all-world talent that resides in Broncos jersey #22 see the field with all the ineptness being displayed on it? Why can';t he get a few reps in?

There are only two reasons...either he's a ****ing rock when it comes to coaching, or McDaniels is conspiring against him.

If you choose the conspiracy theroy that rasta and dragster69's Hillis chose, then prove it!

Broncomutt
12-13-2009, 07:50 PM
I don't understand what I saw today. Moreno was gassed and everyone could see it. I saw his legs buckle twice in the open doing nothing but cutting, both before being hit. Hell even Dick Enberg commented on it. I saw him limping on the last drive of the first half, right before we handed off to him for no gain.:tearhair:

Moreno was struggling and McDaniels left him out there.

What I don't get is this. If Hillis is so awful, so ****ing stupid that he can't comprehend the playbook, why even dress him? Cut him and find a short yardage back, I'm cool with that.

If he's really that feeble minded, give him the JMFW treatment. But why dress him? Why waste an active roster spot on somebody who brings so very little to the organization?

I don't think Hillis should start. With his running style, I don't think he's durable enough to handle a 16 game season as a starter. But I do think he runs with passion.

I just don't understand why McDaniels left Moreno out there when he was clearly gassed.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't pretend to have an answer errand. Thus the question. Don't be that way.

But when you're down to nothing... and you still don't use him. We have a problem.

Why then is he on the team. He should be cut then. And not so he can flourish somewhere else....but so that WE can have another RB that we'll use.

Archer81
12-13-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't understand what I saw today. Moreno was gassed and everyone could see it. I saw his legs buckle twice in the open doing nothing but cutting, both before being hit. Hell even Dick Enberg commented on it. I saw him limping on the last drive of the first half, right before we handed off to him for no gain.:tearhair:

What I don't get is this. If Hillis is so awful, so ****ing stupid that he can't comprehend the playbook, why even dress him? Cut him and find a short yardage back, I'm cool with that.

If he's really that feeble minded, give him the JMFW treatment. But why dress him? Why waste an active roster spot on somebody who brings so very little to the organization?

I don't think Hillis should start. With his running style, I don't think he's durable enough to handle a 16 game season as a starter. But I do think he runs with passion.

I just don't understand why McDaniels left Moreno out there when he was clearly gassed.

The backs themselves determine when they come out for a rest or not. Moreno was gassed, he chose not to come out. Appreciate the effort but sometimes its ok to get off the field; at the end of the first half, Denver was in hurry up, he did not have the time to get off the field.

Hillis is not stupid. He is not terrible. But for whatever reason, he is slow to absorb offensive systems. When the scheme clicks for him, Denver will boast one of the better trios of running backs in the league. Until then, we go with what we have.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Hillis won't be here next year.
Buck is too injury prone.
Moreno has not the speed or power to be 'THE MAN'.

Looks like we're drafting a RB next year! Would we dare go for a #1 again?

Broncomutt
12-13-2009, 08:12 PM
The backs themselves determine when they come out for a rest or not. Moreno was gassed, he chose not to come out. Appreciate the effort but sometimes its ok to get off the field; at the end of the first half, Denver was in hurry up, he did not have the time to get off the field.

Hillis is not stupid. He is not terrible. But for whatever reason, he is slow to absorb offensive systems. When the scheme clicks for him, Denver will boast one of the better trios of running backs in the league. Until then, we go with what we have.

McDaniels is the head coach and ostensibly the OC. He dictates the players and pace of the game. Moreno isn't calling the plays.

If I can see Moreno is gassed and you can see he is gassed and Yoda can see he's gassed and Dick "Fricking" Enberg can see he's gassed I know McDaniels could see he was gassed. And it clearly hurt us.

Archer81
12-13-2009, 08:15 PM
McDaniels is the head coach and ostensibly the OC. He dictates the players and pace of the game. Moreno isn't calling the plays.

If I can see Moreno is gassed and you can see he is gassed and Yoda can see he's gassed and Dick "Fricking" Enberg can see he's gassed I know McDaniels could see he was gassed. And it clearly hurt us.

Is this the first time you have watched a game? Even down to popwarner its up to the player to determine when to come in and out for a rest.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 08:19 PM
You tell us....why can't this all-world talent that resides in Broncos jersey #22 see the field with all the ineptness being displayed on it? Why can';t he get a few reps in?

There are only two reasons...either he's a ****ing rock when it comes to coaching, or McDaniels is conspiring against him.

If you choose the conspiracy theroy that rasta and dragster69's Hillis chose, then prove it!

Errand, why is Hillis still on the team? Why is he in uniform? If Hillis is such a liability and too stupid to learn the offense.....why dosen't McD put his ass on the waiver wire?

You do realilze if Moreno had the common sense to fake a temporary injury just to get a breather........McClueless would have been forced to finally put Hillis in. Chalk this up to a rookie mistake by Moreno. Moreno was so freaking tired out there today he was limping and stumbling out there.

Sheeeesh.....what gives.

baja
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM

<b>What I don't get is this. If Hillis is so awful, so ****ing stupid that he can't comprehend the playbook, why even dress him? Cut him and find a short yardage back, I'm cool with that. </b>

Ya I agree it's hard to come up with a scenario that would defend this.

Broncomutt
12-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Is this the first time you have watched a game? Even down to popwarner its up to the player to determine when to come in and out for a rest.

Not sure what you're talking about. If a player is tired or injured and he won't come off the field, the coach should pull him and rest/evaluate him.

Not saying Moreno may not have tried to do too much, but if McDaniels says "You look hurt and winded, have a rest." Moreno is gonna park his ass.

Coach determines the players on the field, not the running back. Even in Pop Warner.

rastaman
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM

The only way McD would have given Moreno a breather if his Father (a HS coach) would have suddenly appeared on the sidelines......and smacked McD in the back of head with a clip board and told to get his head out of his ass and give his rookie first round RB and breather!:thumbs:

Popps
12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
The only way McD would have given Moreno a breather if his Father (a HS coach) would have suddenly appeared on the sidelines......and smacked McD in the back of head with a clip board and told to get his head out of his ass and give his rookie first round RB and breather!:thumbs:

So, you hate our winning coach... and love our 4th string RB who can't manage to earn any carries.

Got it.

Anything else?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 08:27 PM
So, you hate our winning coach... and love our 4th string RB who can't manage to earn any carries.

Got it.

Anything else?

I love it how our 1st and 2nd RB's on the depth chart didn't get the job today and the 3rd RB is coming off injury and yet Hillis can't have plays scripted out! You keep drinking the HC Kool-Aide Popps.

Meanwhile McD earned a "Blanket Party" today.....plain and simple!

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 08:31 PM
I guess we have to accept that he's a rookie head coach and he's going to have to learn from his mistakes like everyone else.

Popps
12-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I love it how our 1st and 2nd RB's on the depth chart didn't get the job today !

I know you love it. It's quite apparent that you enjoy our failure.

Too bad Hillis can't earn carries. I'm a fan of his. Can't imagine the kinds of problems he must have to be stuck to the bench the way he is.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Stop it with this 'earn carries' BS. The coaching staff either want to play him or not.

If not, you should be questioning why he's even dressing. We need some more RB's in the pipeline learning the system. NOW.

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Meanwhile McD earned a "Blanket Party" today.....plain and simple!

I guess you're leading this blanket party? Are you going to suck your thumb while carrying your blanky?

rastaman
12-13-2009, 09:28 PM
I guess you're leading this blanket party? Are you going to suck your thumb while carrying your blanky?

Its up to the players Jack Ass! No doubt McD has earned it.:sunshine:

bpc
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I know you love it. It's quite apparent that you enjoy our failure.

Too bad Hillis can't earn carries. I'm a fan of his. Can't imagine the kinds of problems he must have to be stuck to the bench the way he is.

You're not a fan of his. Privately you're reveling in his misfortune, along with many other former broncos and coaches.

It's quite pitiful actually.

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
You're not a fan of his. Privately you're reveling in his misfortune, along with many other former broncos and coaches.

It's quite pitiful actually.

You're a funny guy. Don't take out your hatred of the Broncos on me, brother.

I've loved watching guys like Clady, Marshall, Sheffler, Champ and others flourish under the new staff.

As one of the first ones here to call for Hillis to get more carries last year, it's a shame to me that he can't earn more.

It's a cute routine, Chris... but you're well-known as a full-time troll, now. Just embrace the new role and quit trying to pretend otherwise. If you're going to be a basher, at least be good at it.

strafen
12-13-2009, 09:34 PM

If you choose the conspiracy theroy that rasta and dragster69's Hillis chose, then prove it!Being that Hillis has done a good job whenever he had run the ball, yes, I have to say it is a conspiracy.
Don't need to prove it.
The fact that he refuses to play the guy who give us the best chance to pound the ball when we need to is reason enough for me to believe that McD just wants to play his boy.
End of the conspiracy talks. It is a reality.

Arkie
12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm sure McD has his reasons for keeping a fresh punishing 5.0 YPC back on the bench.

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
End of the conspiracy talks. It is a reality.

So, how does your conspiracy theory account for all of the Shanahan guys on the roster having success?

Larsen and Woodyard were Shanahan back-ups who managed to earn time on McD's team.

Why couldn't Hillis?

Hmm....

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Is there ANYONE out there we can pick up this time of the year? Any jewels hiding on practice squads?

Popps
12-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Again, I hope he earns carries. I love his style.

Maybe next week.

Bronco Yoda
12-13-2009, 09:44 PM
He's gone Popps. You know, and I know it.

It is what it is.

I don't like it, but must come to terms with it.

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 09:46 PM

So, how does your conspiracy theory account for all of the Shanahan guys on the roster having success?

Larsen and Woodyard were Shanahan back-ups who managed to earn time on McD's team.

Why couldn't Hillis?

Hmm....

Hillis just doesn't work well with white coaches I bet.Ha!

strafen
12-13-2009, 09:54 PM

Why couldn't Hillis?

Hmm....

Because McD refuses to play him. Plain and simple.
We saw last week that it's not a performance related issue.
Hillis can run the ball fine without blockers in front of him in most cases.
He doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to run the ball straight ahead, or to learn any running scheme. One cut and run downhill.
Why are you making running the ball like it's something you need a PHD to do?

So, that blows your unsubstantiated rumors out of the water. does it not?
Or are you going to keep coming up with ways to forcibly make your point that holds no water.
Moreno is his boy. That's who he wants to shine, and so far we're still waiting for moreno to show some substance.
You can't blame the OL when Buck has had success running the ball, in fact, he has had 2 100-yard game, I know it's started to sound like an old record, but you refuse to acknowledge that prevalent fact.
Moreno has been averaging <65 yards a game. That's not acceptable.
We expect better of him. You can't come to grip with this reality.
What's itgoing to take?
This game proved what I've been saying. This game brought some awareness of who Moreno is and what he's not.
That simple, and there's not two ways about it.

strafen
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM

Maybe next week.How can he earn his carries when he's not been put in a position to do so?
Are you ok?

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Because McD refuses to play him. Plain and simple..

Riiiiiight...

But he doesn't refuse to play any other Shanahan guys.

Shanahan refused to play Hillis until injuries forced him to.

You still haven't offered a viable reason. So, until you do... I'll go with the obvious one... he's not doing what he needs to do to earn the reps and the staff's trust.

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
How can he earn his carries when he's not been put in a position to do so?
Are you ok?

Really?

Was Woodyard "put in the position" to do so?

How did Woodyard earn so much playing time?

How did Larsen get himself in such good standing with the staff that after missing a month and a half... he's right back starting, OVER Hillis?

Why would the conspiracy have McDaniels favoring Shanahan guys like this, but not one particular Shanahan guy?

Keep thinking about it... you'll eventually get there...

strafen
12-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Riiiiiight...

You still haven't offered a viable reason. So, until you do... I'll go with the obvious one... he's not doing what he needs to do to earn the reps and the staff's trust.Football is a game of repetition and momentum.
You can't expect Hillis to produce and show McD what he can do by staying on the sidelines.
You show what you can do when you play, not when the coaching staff "thinks" you can't play
It's a shame that we have such a talent eroding away on the sidelines because our HC refuses to swallow his ego and play the guy

Shanahan never refused to play Hillis. Hillis answered the bell when his name was called.
Shanahan never had a clue of what he had in Hillis until he played him. You can't tell me that after that that Shanahan refused to play him.
That's ridiculous!

strafen
12-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Really?

Was Woodyard "put in the position" to do so?

How did Woodyard earn so much playing time?

How did Larsen get himself in such good standing with the staff that after missing a month and a half... he's right back starting, OVER Hillis?

Why would the conspiracy have McDaniels favoring Shanahan guys like this, but not one particular Shanahan guy?

Keep thinking about it... you'll eventually get there...How many rushing yards does Larsen have?
How has Larsen blocking helped Moreno improve over his anemic 64 ypg?

I don't see Larsen having any significant impact on the team one way or another.
The fact still remains we are better off giving Hillis significant playing time, and make him a part of our offensive plan than without him.
That's a fact. That's why we're at the bottom of the pile in the NFL in RZ scoring and short yard conversions.
Next!

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:32 PM
How many rushing yards does Larsen have?
How has Larsen blocking helped Moreno improve over his anemic 64 ypg?

I don't see Larsen having any significant impact on the team one way or another.!

Larsen is an excellent blocker and a great special teams player.

But, by your posts... I'm guessing you don't get time to watch a lot of Broncos games.

Beyond that, the story here is not Larsen v. Hillis. The story is... why are all of these other Shanahan guys able to earn themselves time... and Hillis can't?

You just keep yappin', but no answers.

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Shanahan never refused to play Hillis.!

Again, I'm guessing you don't actually follow the team... but Hillis had 82 rushing yards through 11 weeks last season.

Somehow, Hillis couldn't earn reps on a team RIDDLED with RB injuries last year, either.

Now, with no other choice... Shanahan slapped him in there. He did well! I was a fan! I called for him to get more carries after the Dolphins game.

But, again... we saw a pattern last year, we're seeing a pattern this year.

You can ignore the pattern, but that won't make it go away.

You can accept that there may be things you don't see, as a fan... or you can go with your weird, inexplicable conspiracy theory that is filled with holes and inconsistencies.

strafen
12-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Larsen is an excellent blocker and a great special teams player.

But, by your posts... I'm guessing you don't get time to watch a lot of Broncos games.

Beyond that, the story here is not Larsen v. Hillis. The story is... why are all of these other Shanahan guys able to earn themselves time... and Hillis can't?

You just keep yappin', but no answers.We're running in circles here, aren't we?
Now, it's about me not following the team. I can tell you just by me living in Colorado that I have seen more games live at the stadium and on TV that you have ever had. You can now put that guessing to rest

Can you tell me then, how is it that Hillis needs to earn playing time?
Got any idea?
We've already discarded the theory of performance. Since the guy can play and has done well when given a significant amount of playing time to prove it time after time. So, the next option is McD not wanting to play him.
Why then?

Popps
12-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Why then?

The theory is that he's had problems with his assignments and with taking coaching. Two years and two coaches have circumstantially supported that theory. So, until you have something better... that's what the rest of the world will go with.

I'll say for the 100th time, I hope he makes it onto the field and contributes. He's a Bronco, so I wish him the best.

strafen
12-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Again, I'm guessing you don't actually follow the team... but Hillis had 82 rushing yards through 11 weeks last season.

The choice was never to have Hillis as our primary runner or FB. Thru those 11 games you talk about, Andre Hall, Michael Pittman and Selvin Young were the primary runners. Not Hillis.
This is what Hillis at the start of the season as a rookie had in front of him...
Michael Pittman. Played in 8 games started 3
Selvin young. Played in 8 games started 5
Tatum Bell. Played in 7 games started 3
Andre Hall played 8 games 0 starts
Peyton Hills played in 12 games started 6

Yet, Hillis out ran thenm all, and outscored them all...

strafen
12-13-2009, 11:06 PM
The theory is that he's had problems with his assignments and with taking coaching. Two years and two coaches have circumstantially supported that theory. So, until you have something better... that's what the rest of the world will go with.

I'll say for the 100th time, I hope he makes it onto the field and contributes. He's a Bronco, so I wish him the best.

Is this something you know from your inside connections at Dove Valley?
The rest of the world?
Hmm?
I don't hear the local media talking about this now circumstantial theory, not a fact, a theory!, let alone the national media.
Extra terrestial world perhaps?

Don't ask me for proofs when you're going off theories.
Get real!

tsiguy96
12-13-2009, 11:27 PM
worst argument ever. yes, hillis is being underutilized. no, we dont know why he is, anything you guys have to say on why he is cannot be verified. hes just gotta earn his reps and now withbuck injured he probably will.

Popps
12-13-2009, 11:36 PM
The rest of the world?
Hmm?!

Dude, did you read the OP? That was PRE-draft. That was PRE-McDaniels/Shanahan.

I'll say it again, I had one person who claimed to have ties to the team throw some info my way... because he knew I was a big Hillis FAN, not basher.
Is his info correct? Who knows, but circumstantially... it appears to make a ton of sense when added to the pre-draft scouting report and his subsequent problems getting on the field with two different coaches.

I don't claim to have any insider info of my own. I've heard one thing, from a source that sounded legit who had no reason to steer me in any particular direction. This was LONG before we knew what Hillis' role would be this season.

Once again, until you can prove that this isn't football-related, the rest of the sane planet will assume it is.

strafen
12-14-2009, 12:16 AM

I'll say it again, I had one person who claimed to have ties to the team throw some info my way... because he knew I was a big Hillis FAN, not basher.
Is his info correct? Who knows, but circumstantially... it appears to make a ton of sense when added to the pre-draft scouting report and his subsequent problems getting on the field with two different coaches.

I don't claim to have any insider info of my own. I've heard one thing, from a source that sounded legit who had no reason to steer me in any particular direction. This was LONG before we knew what Hillis' role would be this season.

Once again, until you can prove that this isn't football-related, the rest of the sane planet will assume it is.Let me make it short and sweet.
Hillis has done his job on the field, and if given a fair chance of playing a meanigful series, he will prove that Hillis style.
It is not football related, it is not performance related. How can I prove that to you if you don't want to accept it?
You have seen enough to know it's not football related. If it was, then Hillis performance would have reflected that, will it not?
That's all it matters.

strafen
12-14-2009, 12:18 AM

I understand. But that didn't pan out did it?
Why you keep going back to something that was said pre-draft or whatever that never held any water?
That didn't prove anything, did it?
Help understand this...
What did all the pre-draft talks prove?
How is that relevant to what we've seen in the guy's playing on the field.
None, zero, zilch!

rastaman
12-14-2009, 03:59 AM

Maybe next week.

Again Pops I hope our starting RB's show up and play well. Why waste time of Hillis when you have two pro bowl RB's doing a great job for McDaniel's.:thumbsup:

rastaman
12-14-2009, 04:07 AM
The rest of the world?
Hmm?
I don't hear the local media talking about this now circumstantial theory, not a fact, a theory!, let alone the national media.
Extra terrestial world perhaps?

Don't ask me for proofs when you're going off theories.
Get real!

Dragster, Popps and the rest of the Hillis doubters are setting the stage for when or if McD decides to use Hillis during the 3 remaining games, and Hillis does well.....these Knuckle Heads will simply try and say that Hillis learned the play book/assignments just in time to finally start!

These guys no bounds for their irrationalizations. McD and the Hillis doubters have painted themselves into a corner. On the one hand if More-Buck under performs then the these guys will its b/c of the OL (Orton is never the problem). And Hillis is never ready to play b/c he doesn't know the playbook.

Convenient Bull Crap from Homer Weasels on this board.

WolfpackGuy
12-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Hillis must've hit on "The Coach's" wife or something.

Both Buckhalter and Moreno were hurt, and he still only got one carry.

Also, Moreno needs to get some shoes that fit because he trips over his own feet at least once a game.

Inkana7
12-14-2009, 04:32 AM
Dragster makes funnies. Ha ha.

errand
12-14-2009, 05:30 AM
I don't pretend to have an answer errand. Thus the question. Don't be that way.

Well, unless he's pulling a freaking Leroy telling the coach he can't go in because his psyche is hurt, I don't know what else to tell you. Either McDaniels is doing on purpose like rastaman claims...or there is some kind of conflict with the coaching staff.

But when you're down to nothing... and you still don't use him. We have a problem.

I agree, which again makes me wonder why if he's such a talent, he's not being used....so again who do you think is closer to being right in this argument? Either McDaniels is purposefully wrecking this team or hillis cannot grasp the playbook or hasn't won the staff's trust.

Why then is he on the team. He should be cut then. And not so he can flourish somewhere else....but so that WE can have another RB that we'll use.

I don't have the answer for this, however I will trust that McDaniels and his staff knows what they are doing, and have the right players playing, and the right players sitting.

in bold

errand
12-14-2009, 05:34 AM

So what is your conclusion? That McDaniels is purposefully ruining the team..... for what?

errand
12-14-2009, 05:47 AM

I'm thinking the reason you don't hear about it is becuase unlike you, the local and national media doesn't really give a **** if the Broncos 4th string RB gets any carries.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Riiiiiight...

You still haven't offered a viable reason. So, until you do... I'll go with the obvious one... he's not doing what he needs to do to earn the reps and the staff's trust.

After what Hillis showed Shanny last year, had Shanny still been Denver's HC in 09 you best believe Hillis would not have started the year on Special Teams. Shanny would have devised plays to get Hillis the ball and allowing him to contribute with the first team offense.

Popps in what context do you mean the Hillis isn't doing what he needs to do to earn reps or endear the staffs trust? What are your stealth-covert inside sources telling you? Can you provide us with scenario w/o implicating your CIA sources. What exactly are the errors or mis assignments have Hillis been guility of while he's getting all those practice reps/opportunites with the first team offense?

Point is, McD had Hillis taking more snaps with the Special Teams than he did with the first team offense at the start of training camp, and into the preseason. So one can argue that Hillis never received enough reps with the 1st team offense from the get go. We all know how bad Orton struggled with learning McD's offense during training camp and the preseason, yet Orton never got the lable of not having the mental capacity to learn the offense or becoming a bad practice player.

However, Orton was never in danger of losing his starting position. Another example. Moreno missed allot of training camp with contract disputes, and came into camp with a week before the preseason started, was behind with learning they sytstem, got injured and was still penciled in as the starting RB as a rookie.

Then you have C-Buck who has had a history of staying healthy in the preseason and the regular season, yet he has remained 2nd on the depth chart. During the times Moreno has struggled with missing blocking assignments, missing reads and not finding the running lanes, not picking up 1st downs and fumbling ball, and yet he has managed to stay No. 1 on the depth charts.

Here's another thought, while C-Buck was rehabing and not taking practice snaps with the first teams those snaps could have been given to Hillis. And while C-Buck and Jordan were injured, how does Hillis stay 4th on the depth chart? Hillis should have moved up to 2nd on the depth chart just from injuries alone to the two RB's who previously occupied 2nd and 3rd positions on the depth chart, and should have started along side Moreno.

This would have been an excellent opportunity to allow Hillis to receive starting reps from the often injured C-Buck, to allow Hillis to show just how dumb and ill-prepared he was before the nation, thus proving the Hillis doubters and McDaniel's right! That Hillis just can't get the job done and you guys would could have shut the debate down. Yet hear we are still discussing how incompetent McD has been by not allowing-scripting plays for Hillis with the first team offense.

Put it rest and let it be decided on the FIELD! Give Hillis 10-12 rushing attempts and throw 5-7 dump off/screen passes his way! Allow Peyton to be the main cog with picking up the tough yardage in the red zone or to sustain drives. ALLOW HILLIS to fail on the FIELD or allow him to shine. Sunday we could read on Moreno's face once C-Buck went down.....that he sure could use Hillis to give him a breather..

It isn't that Hillis can't play or he doesn't know the play book or he's mentally challenged to learn McD's system. The facts are McD plays favoritism and he has his pets. And Hillis is not one of McD's favorites nor pets.

How can McD justify keeping Hillis on the bench while his favorite starting RB's aren't getting the job done or is constantly injured with the 3 games left to play and AFC west title and WC implications on the line.

PS: Moreno had better pull his head out of his ass over the next 3 games or McD will have him on Special Teams next year to start off training camp and the preseason. B/c we all know Josh won't take to kindly with Moreno faililng to produce down the stretch and embarrasing Ole' Joshua.

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-14-2009, 07:22 AM
http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/image.php?u=33&dateline=1241457121
That is all.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 07:26 AM
Popps in what context do you mean the Hillis isn't doing what he needs to do to earn reps or endear the staffs trust? What are your stealth-covert inside sources telling you? Can you provide us with scenario w/o implicating your CIA sources. What exactly are the errors or mis assignments have Hillis been guility of while he's getting all those practice reps/opportunites with the first team offense?

Point is, McD had Hillis taking more snaps with the Special Teams than he did with the first team offense at the start of training camp, and into the preseason.

Perhaps the 20 rushes for a whole 77 yds during the preseason against guys no longer playing in the NFL failed to blow up the coaches skirts. That's the very definition of not getting it done when given the opportunity.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-14-2009, 07:32 AM
rasta, you honestly think that McD would play favorites over wanting to win games? Really?

Good grief. Get your tin foil hat.

Broncomutt
12-14-2009, 07:42 AM
So what is your conclusion? That McDaniels is purposefully ruining the team..... for what?

I have no conclusion. My post was an expression of genuine bewilderment.

Why did McDaniels leave a winded and hobbled running back out on the field? And if it's because Hillis is such a moron who can't contribute to the offense, why is he even dressed?

I don't think McDaniels was purposefully ruining the team, that assertion doesn't make sense. But leaving a winded and limping half back out on the field doesn't make sense either.

If you figure it out let us all know, because there are quite a few people who have echoed my bewilderment.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Perhaps the 20 rushes for a whole 77 yds during the preseason against guys no longer playing in the NFL failed to blow up the coaches skirts. That's the very definition of not getting it done when given the opportunity.

Okay so we want to play the "Stat-Two-Step".

What were Orton's stats during the preseason! Did Kyle set the World on Fire! Hell against Indy Moreno had 23 rushes for a whole 63 yards --did this performance blow a breeze up McD's skirt! Isn't that the very definition of not getting the job done? Avg 2 plus yards per carry! Can you give me the stats on Buckhalter during the preseason or was he injured?

Again.....why didn't McD give Hillis Buckhaulters carries last sunday when Buckhalter left the game with an ankle injury? Bucky wasn't doing anything complicated prior to his injury. Kyle was simply handing the ball off to Bucky and Bucky was running to daylight. Its not rocket science as you and your cohort have been attempting to poision the debate with.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 07:51 AM
rasta, you honestly think that McD would play favorites over wanting to win games? Really?

Good grief. Get your tin foil hat.

Okay O'Brite One whatever floats your canoe. You gotta question why McD did not script plays for Hillis at all in the 2nd half. Hillis should have been in the game and had plays called for his strong suit on one occassion when Orton threw the interception inside the 20 and when Praeter missed his FG! And last Sunday, Moreno had no business being the goto guy on third/fourth down when a first down were needed. Moreno went 0-4 with converting 1st downs. What was McD thinking????

In the 2nd half the Defense gave McDaniels several opportunities to pull his head out of his rear-in to somehow jump start the cerebral luke warm offense and he failed miserable.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-14-2009, 07:57 AM
Okay O'Brite One whatever floats your canoe. You gotta question why McD did not script plays for Hillis at all in the 2nd half. Hillis should have been in the game and had plays called for his strong suit on one occassion when Orton threw the interception inside the 20 and when Praeter missed his FG! And last Sunday, Moreno had no business being the goto guy on third/fourth down when a first down were needed. Moreno went 0-4 with converting 1st downs. What was McD thinking????

In the 2nd half the Defense gave McDaniels several opportunities to pull his head out of his rear-in to somehow jump start the cerebral luke warm offense and he failed miserable.

I agree that Hillis should see more carries. But to say he's not simply because McD is playing favorites over wanting to win games is downright laughable.

O'Brite one? Is that some irish guy you know?

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm thinking the reason you don't hear about it is becuase unlike you, the local and national media doesn't really give a **** if the Broncos 4th string RB gets any carries.That's correct.
The media itself, just like you, have been pimping Moreno since he entered the draft.
The media and people like you, is what have made of Moreno an overrated-overhyped 1st round RB that has all the makings of a bust.
Is fans like you that have obssesibly voted for him over and over and over again to ensure the guy wins weekly awards whenever he's nominated for one.
Yes, there's a guy on another board with a program (I forgot what is called) that allows him to submit votes continuosly for his favorite player.

God forbid we do what is right for the team and our running game and get Hillis involved and get some playing time over the crowd's favorite that has done didly for us in 13 games he's had to prove his 1st round pick status since 4th rounds picks are supposed to not be worth a look from the media, I guess Moreno's 1st round pick deserves more scrutinizing to find out wht this guy is performing like a 1st round bust.

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:30 AM

You're not serious are you?
Now, that is funny.
If that was the case, Orton wouldn't be our starting QB, no?
Oh no, no no. That's not true, right?
Is Orton any different?
A guy going into pre-season coming off a surgery, and you're judging him for his performance in pre-season.
Let me stop here I'm laughing so hard I can't type anymore...

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 08:35 AM
That's correct.
The media itself, just like you, have been pimping Moreno since he entered the draft.
The media and people like you, is what have made of Moreno an overrated-overhyped 1st round RB that has all the makings of a bust.Is fans like you that have obssesibly voted for him over and over and over again to ensure the guy wins weekly awards whenever he's nominated for one.
Yes, there's a guy on another board with a program (I forgot what is called) that allows him to submit votes continuosly for his favorite player.

God forbid we do what is right for the team and our running game and get Hillis involved and get some playing time over the crowd's favorite that has done didly for us in 13 games he's had to prove his 1st round pick status since 4th rounds picks are supposed to not be worth a look from the media, I guess Moreno's 1st round pick deserves more scrutinizing to find out wht this guy is performing like a 1st round bust.

wtf?

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 08:36 AM
You're not serious are you?
Now, that is funny.
If that was the case, Orton wouldn't be our starting QB, no?
Oh no, no no. That's not true, right?
Is Orton any different?
A guy going into pre-season coming off a surgery, and you're judging him for his performance in pre-season.
Let me stop here I'm laughing so hard I can't type anymore...

Leave Orton out of this for a second. The question was specifically this:

In what context do you mean the Hillis isn't doing what he needs to do to earn reps.

I answered the question.

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Leave Orton out of this for a second. The question was specifically this:

In what context do you mean the Hillis isn't doing what he needs to do to earn reps.

I answered the question.I understand that. That's hardly a serious response. That's a joke, right?
Explain it again, I just think it too freakin' funny.
I quote you again...

"Perhaps the 20 rushes for a whole 77 yds during the preseason against guys no longer playing in the NFL failed to blow up the coaches skirts. That's the very definition of not getting it done when given the opportunity."

strafen
12-14-2009, 08:47 AM
wtf?no?

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 08:51 AM
I guess leading all other rookies in your position is considered "bust" status now...?

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I understand that. That's hardly a serious response. That's a joke, right?
Explain it again, I just think it too freakin' funny.
I quote you again...

Why is "preseason" funny? Look at the post I was responding to. The guy asked for specifics about his performance in training camp and the preseason. What I presented is literally the ONLY body of work from this time period that we have to measure, unless you were at training camp and could provide reports. I wasn't.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I guess leading all other rookies in your position is considered "bust" status now...?

It is if your in love with Hillis I guess. I'll never understand why we go day in and day out throwing our coach, Starting RB and entire Offensive system under the Bus for a third string RB. The only reason i can think of, I don't wish to discuss.

strafen
12-14-2009, 09:13 AM

Those things are as relevant as Cutler being a pro-bowl QB.
Does it matter when it comes down to the team's success?
What have you done for me lately?
This is the NFL. Winning it's all it matters.
When you have high-profile players, you expect those players to step-up in big games.
That's exactly what Marshall said last night.
Guess who he was taking that shot at?

Moreno could've done more yesterday than what he saw him do.
He's been doing that all season long. That doesn't cut it.
Get over it. The only people in love here are you Moreno's fans refusing to see we have potentially a 1st round pick bust in the makings...

strafen
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Why is "preseason" funny? Look at the post I was responding to. The guy asked for specifics about his performance in training camp and the preseason. What I presented is literally the ONLY body of work from this time period that we have to measure, unless you were at training camp and could provide reports. I wasn't.You should work for the National Enquire. That's just low man.
To go and reserach a player's numbers from pre-season to make an argument is utterly freakin' hilarious man.
That's comical, for lack of a better word.
Dude, I'm literally laughing here.
How low can you go? ;)

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Those things are as relevant as Cutler being a pro-bowl QB.
This is the NFL. Winning it's all it matters...

Hey everyone. Steven Jackson is a bust.

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Hey everyone. Steven Jackson is a bust.

I'm sure glad we passed on him!

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Winning it's all it matters.

What exactly do you think the Broncos are doing?

???

watermock
12-14-2009, 09:50 AM
What exactly do you think the Broncos are doing?

???

Losing 5 of 7 by my count since october. Winning against a reeling Giants team and the pathetic Chefs.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Losing 5 of 7 by my count since october. Winning against a reeling Giants team and the pathetic Chefs.

I guess it's a good thing that the season starts in September and wins against "bad teams" count, huh?

watermock
12-14-2009, 11:05 AM
your right as allways.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I guess it's a good thing that the season starts in September and wins against "bad teams" count, huh?

There are no bad teams in the playoffs so what counts is you prove you can beat the good teams in the regular season, especially in November and December. Denver proved September and October were the months for them.

I'm hoping we face Ole' JMar against the Raider b/c if Grabawoski (starts), the Raiders could give us problems and could upset us, especially if Orton can't get the offense out of its funk.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:35 AM
There are no bad teams in the playoffs so what counts is you prove you can beat the good teams in the regular season

Which they've done. 4-2 against playoff teams.

rastaman
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Which they've done. 4-2 against playoff teams.

Who were those teams by the way and what makes you think those same teams will be off their games like they were when the faced us....will be the same in the playoffs???? Playoff teams in December ain't playing as inconsistent as the Bronos have been playing during the month of December.

Beantown Bronco
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Who were those teams by the way and what makes you think those same teams will be off their games like they were when the faced us.....

Wins: SD, Dallas, NE, Cincy
Losses: SD and Indy

I'm not a fortune teller. I can't predict how they'll play in the playoffs. All I'm doing is pointing out that when they've played the "playoff teams", they've won 4 and lost 2.

Playoff teams in December ain't playing as inconsistent as the Bronos have been playing during the month of December.

Inconsistent? We just beat KC in KC in December DECISIVELY! We have NEVER done that. And we lost to the best team in the entire league in their house in a close game. Inconsistent?

Wow.

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Hmmm. So this Hillis fella? Is he a cracker?

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Who were those teams by the way and what makes you think those same teams will be off their games like they were when the faced us....will be the same in the playoffs???? Playoff teams in December ain't playing as inconsistent as the Bronos have been playing during the month of December.

Here is how our schedule has played out:

Division Leaders and top playoff seeds (3 wins, 2 losses, 1 yet to play):

Colts
Pats
Bengals
Chargers
Eagles

Wildcard Hunt (2 wins, 2 losses)

Cowboys
Giants
Ravens
Steelers

Cupcake teams (3 wins, 1 loss, 2 yet to play):
Browns
Redskins
Chiefs
Raiders

This is a really freaking difficult schedule with 10 of our 16 opponents being either divisional leaders or likely playoff teams. Our record is pretty damn impressive when you consider that we have beaten 3 of the 4 divisonal leaders in the AFC... and for the most part have beaten the teams we should beat.... something we haven't been able to do for years.

I know some people live to complain, but this is getting unbelievable.

Archer81
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Hmmm. So this Hillis fella? Is he a cracker?

Saltine, not oyster.

errand
12-14-2009, 12:57 PM
That's correct.

You must be new to this forum...I don't pimp any player. I pimp the Denver Broncos.

The media and people like you, is what have made of Moreno an overrated-overhyped 1st round RB that has all the makings of a bust.
Is fans like you that have obssesibly voted for him over and over and over again to ensure the guy wins weekly awards whenever he's nominated for one.

I've never voted for any player on any ballot or on-line poll. The only polls I've voted on are in this very forum. Nowhere else. As for Moreno being a bust, you honestly think you can make that claim 13 games into his rookie season, despite the fact he leads the team in rushing while sharing carries?

Isn't leading the team in rushing last season as a rookie what made you cream your jeans over Hillis in the first place?

And could one not also make the same claim that perhaps Hillis is a bust/wasted pick because all he did was rush for 343 yards last season, and hasn't done squat this season?

Again you claim there's no conspiracy, but yet you're in here now claiming that McDaniels isn't doing what's right for the team....that makes one believe that you think it's being done ON PURPOSE. BTW, Hillis is a 4th string RB...not a 4th round pick

in bold

errand
12-14-2009, 01:05 PM
This is the NFL. Winning it's all it matters.

Ok...and the Broncos are 8-5...and still have the best chance to make the playoffs as WC....

errand
12-14-2009, 01:06 PM

I guess it's a good thing you still have the Vikings, huh?

errand
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Here is how our schedule has played out:

Division Leaders and top playoff seeds (3 wins, 2 losses, 1 yet to play):

Colts
Pats
Bengals
Chargers
Eagles

Wildcard Hunt (2 wins, 2 losses)

Cowboys
Giants
Ravens
Steelers

Cupcake teams (3 wins, 1 loss, 2 yet to play):
Browns
Redskins
Chiefs
Raiders

This is a really freaking difficult schedule with 10 of our 16 opponents being either divisional leaders or likely playoff teams. Our record is pretty damn impressive when you consider that we have beaten 3 of the 4 divisonal leaders in the AFC... and for the most part have beaten the teams we should beat.... something we haven't been able to do for years.

I know some people live to complain, but this is getting unbelievable.

I agree...

..not to mention that the Broncos are doing this with the NFL's worst coach ever....the NFL's worst QB...and evidently a 1st round bust at RB.

Oh!, I forgot that we also have the world's best RB hardly playing at all as well.

Wow! This truly is a magical season huh?

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 02:17 PM
i guess it's a good thing you still have the vikings, huh?

Hilarious!

watermock
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I guess it's a good thing you still have the Vikings, huh?

I've already explained this.

Na, now I'm a Saints fan. What ya going to do about it?

Maybe I'll root for the 'boys!

You playing better fan again?

You limp wristed fool. You're an idiot. Who cares, Mr. Hillis should be our main back in preseason, remember, he's a monster!

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM

You limp wristed fool. You're an idiot. Who cares, Mr. Hillis should be our main back in preseason, remember, he's a monster!

You really did turn retarded.

Gort
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Dave Logan answered the Hillis question today on his radio show. says he asked McD last week about it. McD said the job was open and it was a fair competition this spring/summer. the coaches are comfortable with the slotting of their RBs. says that it's very hard to find reps for 3 RBs in the NFL. Moreno and Buckhalter are above him, so Hillis just won't get many touches. in yesterday's game, with Larsen being injured on the opening play, Hillis became the default FB and McD says he didn't want to give Hillis any reps at RB when he was relying on him to be the FB.

the way it all sounds to me is this...

1) McD is comfortable with his other (primary) RB options
2) McD doesn't see the need to find ways to get Hillis touches. considers him just a RB/FB. last year, we all saw Hillis as a guy who needed to get the ball because he could make things happen. i don't think McD sees that. and i don't think Shanny saw it either, until he was forced to play Hillis.
3) with Hillis buried on the depth chart at both RB and FB, he's just not going to be a contributor unless others get hurt (like last year). if Larsen can go next week, i expect to see alot more Hillis at RB. if Larsen can't go, Hillis will be the FB and probably won't get many carries.

opinions?

houghtam
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
1150 posts. Time to end this ridiclousness.

:threadjac

rastaman
12-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Dave Logan answered the Hillis question today on his radio show. says he asked McD last week about it. McD said the job was open and it was a fair competition this spring/summer. the coaches are comfortable with the slotting of their RBs. says that it's very hard to find reps for 3 RBs in the NFL. Moreno and Buckhalter are above him, so Hillis just won't get many touches. in yesterday's game, with Larsen being injured on the opening play, Hillis became the default FB and McD says he didn't want to give Hillis any reps at RB when he was relying on him to be the FB.

2) McD doesn't see the need to find ways to get Hillis touches. considers him just a RB/FB. last year, we all saw Hillis as a guy who needed to get the ball because he could make things happen. i don't think McD sees that. and i don't think Shanny saw it either, until he was forced to play Hillis.
3) with Hillis buried on the depth chart at both RB and FB, he's just not going to be a contributor unless others get hurt (like last year). if Larsen can go next week, i expect to see alot more Hillis at RB. if Larsen can't go, Hillis will be the FB and probably won't get many carries.

opinions?

So what happens if C-Buck can't go next week or he can't finish the game? Should Hillis get C-Bucks carries, especially if Larsen is back in the saddle? If C-Buck can't take any reps during practice this week, should Hillis get C-Buck practice reps?

watermock
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
McD says he didn't want to give Hillis any reps at RB when he was relying on him to be the FB.

And how many plays was that moron?

Since he likes 3 WR and 2 TE formations, what's the point of even having him on the roster since Larsen is the FB.

BTW, Hillis put on 20 pounds for McFadden and Jones. He IS a tailback that has struggled to block but is adequate.

Saban had Mt. Cody in as FB against Fla. Big deal.

I don't know how he is trying to spin this.

We needed a RB, not a FB.

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM

opinions?

Did Logan confirm or deny the supposed retardation factor? :D

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 03:30 PM
And how many plays was that moron?

Since he likes 3 WR and 2 TE formations, what's the point of even having him on the roster since Larsen is the FB.

BTW, Hillis put on 20 pounds for McFadden and Jones. He IS a tailback that has struggled to block but is adequate.

Saban had Mt. Cody in as FB against Fla. Big deal.

I don't know how he is trying to spin this.

We needed a RB, not a FB.

You are correct sir.

watermock
12-14-2009, 03:31 PM
BTW, WTF is Quinn still on the roster?

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
BTW, WTF is Quinn still on the roster?

is this a serious question?

watermock
12-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Season Team Receiving Rushing Fumbles
G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost
2009 Denver Broncos 12 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
TOTAL 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Is it?

He was drafted 10 spots behind Royal and before Marshall.

broncolife
12-14-2009, 03:49 PM
No energizer bunny pick on this thread yet?

errand
12-14-2009, 03:58 PM

I have no idea what team you currently root for...I do know that you're definitely not a Broncos fan. You probably visit every team's fan sites and try to stir the pot with your drunk-ass takes.

BTW, fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.....

errand
12-14-2009, 04:27 PM
i think this sums up the dragster69's, rastaman's and Taco Johns of the world sentiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97ww2dZ9sU&feature=PlayList&p=09A5E799E21F6AD7&index=0

Archer81
12-14-2009, 04:28 PM
i think this sums up the dragster69's, rastaman's and Taco Johns of the world sentiments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o97ww2dZ9sU&feature=PlayList&p=09A5E799E21F6AD7&index=0

LOL.

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

strafen
12-14-2009, 04:42 PM

opinions?The talk of the town today om sport radio talk shows was Hillis.
Outside the homerism that exist in this forum, everybody was questioning McD's decision of not playing Hillis.
Most of the comments by the radio guys and the callers pointed out to McD's ego and him wanting to play his guy. Moreno was his first round pick, he's going to make this guy work one way or the other.
Nevermind that there were situations during the game yesterday that were taylor made to Hillis abilities.
The outrage of the fans today was why, why is McDaniels not playing Hillis?
His age and maturity level came into question.
You guys bashing Hillis are doing so for the same reason McD is not playing Hillis. You and McD want this overrated RB out of college to be the sensation RB he's yet to prove he is.
You can spend the rest of the season waiting for that to happen while our chances to become a good team goes down the toilet in the process.

It was just not Hillis, what happened to Stokley, one of the best clutch 3rd down recievers in the game.
What happened to Eddie Royal?
You've got 3 solid weapons in Hillis, Rotal, and Stokley that can save and help you win games.
Use them!
This is not about favoritism about and overhyped 1st round RB that has not panned out. This is not college football.You need to put the players on the field that gives you the best chance to make the plays when you need to make them.

Hillis during the KC game. Yes, it was garbage playing time, but you know what, the guy played like a professional. He went in there to do his job, perfomed real well, and should've sent the message to McDaniels that should something happen due to an injury to any of our players, that he's ready to jump in and to the job.

Say what you want to say, just don't tell me Moreno gives us the best chance to win over Hillis on the sidelines. That's just flat out ignorance and taking homerism to a new level.

ant1999e
12-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Say what you want to say, just don't tell me Hillis gives us the best chance to win over Moreno on the sidelines. That's just flat out ignorance and taking homoism to a new level.

Fixed it for you.:kiss:

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:57 PM
The talk of the town today om sport radio talk shows was Hillis.
Outside the homerism that exist in this forum, everybody was questioning McD's decision of not playing Hillis.
Most of the comments by the radio guys and the callers pointed out to McD's ego and him wanting to play his guy. Moreno was his first round pick, he's going to make this guy work one way or the other.
Nevermind that there were situations during the game yesterday that were taylor made to Hillis abilities.
You guys bashing Hillis are doing so for the same reason McD is not playing Hillis. You and McD want this overrated RB out of college to be the sensation RB he's yet to prove he is.
You can spend the rest of the season waiting for that to happen while our chances to become a good team goes down the toilet in the process.

It was just not Hillis, what happened to Stokley, one of the best clutch 3rd down recievers in the game.
You've got 3 solid weapons in Hillis, Rotal, and Stokley that can save and help you win games.
Use them!
This is not about favoritism about and overhyped 1st round RB that has not panned out. This is not college football.You need to put the players on the field that gives you the best chance to make the plays when you need to make them.

Hillis during the KC game. Yes, it was garbage playing time, but you know what, the guy played like a professional. He went in there to do his job, perfomed real well, and should've sent the message to McDaniels that should something happen due to an injury to any of our players, that he's ready to jump in and to the job.

Say what you want to say, just don't tell me Moreno gives us the best chance to win over Hillis on the sidelines. That's just flat out ignorance and taking homerism to a new level.

Callers to talk shows = Online poster = Raido Talk show host = Dog shyt uninformed opinions

(And yes I mean even me)

Seriously, an NFL coach knows more and couldn't care less about what we think.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Rudy!

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

strafen
12-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Fixed it for you.:kiss:It seems like your continuing sexual inuendos here, are starting to reveal a strange side of you.
Are you gay by chance?
Not that I care, but you could probably google some gay forums where you can join them if that's what you want to talk about all the time, but here, we're talking football...

bowtown
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM

Use them!

You have a soft return problem.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 05:03 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/11/23/sp-81706818dp006_0499486336.jpg

=

http://ladiesdotdotdot.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/rudy1.jpg

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 05:04 PM
It seems like your continuing sexual inuendos here, are starting to reveal a strange side of you.
Are you gay by chance?
Not that I care, but you could probably google some gay forums where you can join them if that's what you want to talk about all the time, but here, we're talking football...

Gay smack.....:strong:

Gort
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
first of all a-hole, don't say YOU. i want to see Hillis get more touches.

Dave Logan is the voice of the broncos. he broadcasts the games. he speaks with everyone at Dove Valley. on his radio show today, he said exactly what i posted. HE asked McD and that was McD's answer.

i don't give a **** what fanbois say on talk radio. the info i gave to you was straight from the horse's mouth via Dave Logan. if you don't like it, file a complaint with God.

but don't come at me like a deranged lunatic. i am just relaying the message that anyone in Denver listening to the radio today would have heard.

now **** off.

Use them!

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Thought you'd like that. Ha!

He may be rudy...but he's OUR rudy damn it!

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Lets see Moreno is Rookie of the Week what 3 times now this season. He leads all rookies in yards gained and he is a loser? Come on now don't be ridiculous I like Hillis but lets not get crazy here dragster. Moreno is good and will only get better. Hillis is fun to watch and should get more touches but should NOT be the feature back. Thats just retarded man.

Popps
12-14-2009, 06:06 PM
This thread kills me. It's a friggin' train-wreck. You'd think this couldn't be serious, but here we are.

go_broncos
12-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Lets see Moreno is Rookie of the Week what 3 times now this season. He leads all rookies in yards gained and he is a loser. Come on now don't be ridiculous I like Hillis but lets not get crazy here dragster. Moreno is good and will only get better. Hillis is fun to watch and should get more touches but should NOT be the feature back. Thats just retarded man.

All we are saying is that Mcd should give chance to Hillis to see if he can convert short yardage situations.
Moreno or Buck is not the answer as we saw last game.

Our team had a chance to win that game and couldn't do it due to our inability to convert short yardages.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Lets see Moreno is Rookie of the Week what 3 times now this season. He leads all rookies in yards gained and he is a loser? Come on now don't be ridiculous I like Hillis but lets not get crazy here dragster. Moreno is good and will only get better. Hillis is fun to watch and should get more touches but should NOT be the feature back. Thats just retarded man.

Moreno is just a rookie at that! He is a rookie running behind a line that got MAULED on sunday. He's a rookie Sharing carries with a pretty good Veteran. I'd say considering all that. He's done fairly well. So, yeah, I think it's nutz to say he is a bust or even a bad back. Is he walter peyton? Not yet, not maybe ever, but I'll give him more than 13 (pretty good) games to show it.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:14 PM
All we are saying is that Mcd should give chance to Hillis to see if he can convert short yardage situations.
Moreno or Buck is not the answer as we saw last game.

Our team had a chance to win that game and couldn't do it due to our inability to convert short yardages.

Your saying that. I'm saying that, most of us here would like to see him get a few carries here and there. Specially with injuries. (Mcd explained all that pretty well though in the press conference I thought) However, there are some that want him to be the feature back and think he's the next coming of Earl Campbell or something.

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree with you guys that hillis should be tested on short yardage. BUT I think the issue lies within the interior OL and you could have the best back of all time and still have the same results.

That and with Larsen getting hurt again Hillis is now the best FB and only FB on the team. Maybe they should line up two backs and try handing off to the FB with the RB acting as a decoy.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:38 PM
I agree with you guys that hillis should be tested on short yardage. BUT I think the issue lies within the interior OL and you could have the best back of all time and still have the same results.

That and with Larsen getting hurt again Hillis is now the best FB and only FB on the team. Maybe they should line up two backs and try handing off to the FB with the RB acting as a decoy.

This was what Mcd Said in the presser. It was a good explanation, and you might just see a FB hand off if Hillis can learn one in time.

go_broncos
12-14-2009, 06:39 PM

Something has to be done..the entire season we are struggling a lot on short yardage.

I definitely think we could have won the game against Indy had we converted some of those.

Hopefully, our coach address this issue in offseason.

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Something has to be done..the entire season we are struggling a lot on short yardage.

I definitely think we could have won the game against Indy had we converted some of those.

Hopefully, our coach address this issue in offseason.

Well, one thing we could do, not run up the middle on a team that blitzed the whole damn team there every time. A play action, a flea flicker, a quick pitch, a quick pass, a bootleg ANYTHING but jamming that ball into the line again the 3rd time!

theAPAOps5
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
This was what Mcd Said in the presser. It was a good explanation, and you might just see a FB hand off if Hillis can learn one in time.

I haven't clicked on the press conference. Will go do that, is Larsen out?

watermock
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I have no idea what team you currently root for...I do know that you're definitely not a Broncos fan. You probably visit every team's fan sites and try to stir the pot with your drunk-ass takes.

BTW, fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.....

You DO know what happened to Dean Wormer's Wife AND Daughter, don't you?

And "probably", that means you don't know anything. And if I do, does it matter to this conversation?

Should I disclose my "fanhood or lack therof" for you?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bK-Dqj4fHmM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Errand :TJnPopps: Mock

Speaking of old rivalries.....

SJ Bronco
12-14-2009, 06:52 PM
I haven't clicked on the press conference. Will go do that, is Larsen out?

I only got a recap from some guys here, but basically he said he didn't play Hillis at the tail because he wanted him to just play FB once he became the only FB left on the roster.

Don't know about Larsen....Anyone?

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:00 PM

mock is a retarded drunk.

Arkie
12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Thought you'd like that. Ha!

He may be rudy...but he's OUR rudy damn it!

At least our Rudy is 6-1, 240 and not that little hobbit guy!

watermock
12-14-2009, 07:09 PM
"Meow".

Your an ignorant insulting brainwashed Boulderite that thinks he's got the world figured out.

Your in the right place.

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 07:11 PM
No doubt. Our Rudy kicks some ass!

I'd love to see McD's face if the crowd started chanting Hillis,Hillis,Hillis.

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/331d3zs.gif

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:15 PM
"Meow".

Your an ignorant insulting brainwashed Boulderite that thinks he's got the world figured out.

Your in the right place.

That's right mock, I live in Boulder, thus that defines who I am. I assume you live in a trailer in the deep south then you white trash retarded drunk.

8')

And it's "You're" not "Your".

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/prose_before_hoes_poster-p228230969796199021t5ta_400.jpg

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:24 PM
http://silentremembrance.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/edward.jpg

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/2zj95l4.jpg

watermock
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Your and You're doesn't really matter unless your anal retentive, right?

RU an Editor or just anal?

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:43 PM
your and you're doesn't really matter unless your anal retentive, right?

ru an editor or just anal?

I'ds like to see your text messages, oh wait, no i would'nt

right?

watermock
12-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Some nerve, me texting with 2 fingers crippled and you so proud of yourself.

watermock
12-14-2009, 07:48 PM
Rusty, do you like bondage and cats?

Are you transexual?

Bi-curious.

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 07:56 PM
Rusty, do you like bondage and cats?

Are you transexual?

Bi-curious.

:notworthy
Ha!

listopencil
12-14-2009, 07:59 PM
So...uh...how does everybody feel about this running back we have? Hillis. Seems like we aren't using him all that much.

Bronco Yoda
12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Who?

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 08:13 PM
So...uh...how does everybody feel about this running back we have? Hillis. Seems like we aren't using him all that much.

I've heard he is too stupid. :approve:

watermock
12-14-2009, 08:19 PM
That's right mock, I live in Boulder, thus that defines who I am.

No, your comments, arrogance, ignorance and sexual immorality defines you.

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 08:21 PM
Meck77, have you just figured that out? I live to entertain.

For Meck.

http://meuk.ouweouwe.nl/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Kitten_mittens.gif

Dagmar
12-14-2009, 08:22 PM
No, your comments, arrogance, ignorance and sexual immorality defines you.

Ok, my sexual immorality? WTF?

My ignorance eh?

Muslim vs. Muslim?

Too bad huh.

Right. :wave:

Mr.Meanie
12-14-2009, 09:17 PM
I think he meant sectual immortality

Popps
12-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Wow, did anyone actually watch the press conference with the Hillis questioning?

Very interesting.

First off, one of the questions from the reporters was (verbatim) ... "are you hearing all of the yelling we're hearing about Peyton Hills... why is he in the doghouse?"

So, we can rest the notion that this is something I or anyone on this board made up. It's been heavily speculated on for quite some time... and supported by circumstantial evidence from two coaches.

Now, the coach's answer was... "no, he's not in the doghouse."

He also said Hillis would have an "expanded role" if Buckhalter is out this week. (Which I'd expect.)

He tackled the notion of Hillis moving to halfback and stated that he wouldn't move his fullback to halfback if he had only one healthy.

That said, he did give Hillis a carry in the 2nd half.

So, once again... there's more than meets the eye with the Hillis situation, whether people want to accept it or not.

Hopefully we'll be able to run effectively this week, no matter who is running the ball for us.

Popps
12-14-2009, 11:08 PM
(11/17)
Hillis wonders at times too, although he takes a large share of the blame. He was Denver’s leading rusher last season and played well in the preseason. Hillis’ role has been mostly insignificant since then, and reached a low point Sunday when he was a healthy scratch.

“I’m disappointed right now the coaches don’t think I’m up to my standard,” Hillis said. “I have to rethink my motives and prepare myself harder.”

I have to "rethink my motives and prepare myself harder."

Sounds really, really ultra-specific, doesn't it?

Doesn't sound like an answer without some significant history behind it.

strafen
12-14-2009, 11:31 PM
first of all a-hole, don't say YOU. i want to see Hillis get more touches.

Dave Logan is the voice of the broncos. he broadcasts the games. he speaks with everyone at Dove Valley. on his radio show today, he said exactly what i posted. HE asked McD and that was McD's answer.

i don't give a **** what fanbois say on talk radio. the info i gave to you was straight from the horse's mouth via Dave Logan. if you don't like it, file a complaint with God.

but don't come at me like a deranged lunatic. i am just relaying the message that anyone in Denver listening to the radio today would have heard.

now **** off.And what's up with you?
Forgot to take your Prozac?
Why the insults?
What did I say that was directed at you?
Did I miss something?
Feel free to take part of this debate by keeping insults out of it.
That won't get your point across ever...

strafen
12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
(11/17)
Hillis wonders at times too, although he takes a large share of the blame. He was Denver’s leading rusher last season and played well in the preseason. Hillis’ role has been mostly insignificant since then, and reached a low point Sunday when he was a healthy scratch.

“I’m disappointed right now the coaches don’t think I’m up to my standard,” Hillis said. “I have to rethink my motives and prepare myself harder.”

Unbelievable!
You're a case all in your own

watermock
12-14-2009, 11:44 PM

Sounds like a quitter.

watermock
12-14-2009, 11:47 PM
He's dissapointed in the COACHES. not his own prep.

All he can do is prepare harder, which he says he will.

watermock
12-14-2009, 11:50 PM
He sounds like a real retard.

strafen
12-14-2009, 11:52 PM
He sounds like a real retard.

Yeah, you're right. Let's keep using Moreno in critical 3rd down conversions for the rest of the season, and keep Hillis on the sideline.
Who in the right mind would want to keep Moreno out of those critical conversions.
We need to hold that 26-28 spot in the NFL for RZ scoring futility, you know...

Popps
12-14-2009, 11:53 PM
Unbelievable!

Not really.

Peyton basically spelled it out for you.

He's immensely talented... he's not on the field... and he himself says he's got to rethink his motives. (What the hell does that mean?)

Rethink his motives?

He called himself out... sounds like, to me.

Writing is on the wall, pretty much. You can read it or ignore it.

Hopefully Peyton doesn't ignore it, and works harder to get himself in these games.

watermock
12-14-2009, 11:55 PM

WTF do you think that means?

Maybe his motive was to go in and win the game!

Maybe he wil tear off helmets next time, like they tried on him with no call.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Not really.

Peyton basically spelled it out for you.

He's immensely talented... he's not on the field... and he himself says he's got to rethink his motives. (What the hell does that mean?)

Rethink his motives?

He called himself out... sounds like, to me.

Writing is on the wall, pretty much. You can read it or ignore it.

Hopefully Peyton doesn't ignore it, and works harder to get himself in these games.

Get a clue.

His motive is to get on the field.

Has McMoron called him out?

Has he ben disruptive?

He must be dumber than Florida State players, who scored 60 on IQ tests., huh...and had personal tutors paid by Bowden...

Popps
12-15-2009, 12:01 AM
WTF do you think that means?

l.

You rarely hear an NFL player after he was made inactive that "the coaches don't think I'm up to standard."

Pretty telling statement.

As I've said, it must be fairly severe if a kid with his talent can't work it out and get on the field.

Popps
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Get a clue.

His motive is to get on the field.

Well, he said he needed to "rethink" his motive.

So, was his motive to get on the field before, or did he rethink it and that's his motive now?

Again, just a very strange statement, given the circumstances. He's essentially admitting to not being prepared, and then goes on to admit that the staff doesn't have faith in him to do his job.

But, that was the speculation on him coming out of college, apparently.

So, I'm just not sure why we're pretending this is anything other than what it is.

Maybe he'll work these issues out. Let's hope so.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:07 AM
You think McDmmy's system is so much more complex than Shanahans?

That he learned certain plays as a rookie?

Jesus Christ.

He played slot last year after movement STFU.

Taco John
12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
(11/17)

Talk about your fun house mirrors. You're psychotic.

It's incredible to me that Hillis could take the exact right tact, and say the exact right things, and you'd use it as the case against why he's not starting. That's insane.

You are insane.

broncolife
12-15-2009, 12:12 AM
6 questions about Peyton Hillis ROFL! I guess some of these reporters have read this thread. :~ohyah!: I cant believe Mcdaniels got grilled about Peyton this week. :)

Q-During the offseason a couple times you said some complementary things about Peyton. He can run, catch the ball,block, great hands,tough to bring down.I was wondering if your opinion has changed since then?

A-Nope. Hes done everything we asked him to do.Hes filled in when we asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader roll this week depending on Bucks health and availability for this game. But ah no yesterday again Larsen goes out on the opening kickoff so Hillis is our short yardage and goaline fullback.And when you only have 2 of them on the roster you got to use what you can use to try to get those things done.We don't have 3 fullbacks that go to games so Peyton had to play FB today when Larsen was injured.Did a decent job at that. He certainly will be more in the mix this week if buck is questionable to play against the raiders.

Q-So are you suggesting you cant risk injurying him as a rb if hes your only fb?

A-No but if you I know what your getting at.You cant put him as the hb when you need him at fb if you only have 1 other fb on the roster.And with Larsen out of the game Hillis is fb thats what we are doing.Weve had a pretty good running game with Buck and Moreno this year.Thats why we are not going to change it.

Q-are you hearing all of the yelling we're hearing about Peyton Hills

A- No

Q-If hes in the doghouse?

A-hes not in the doghouse

Q-Is he an option on 3rd and 4th and short

A-not when hes the only FB

Q-Isn't in general that conventually wisdom that the bigger back is preferable in short yardage situations?

A-I think we have backs I dont know, I believe in big backs period. All of our backs weigh 215lb or more so :shrugs:They have gotten goaline and short yardage conversion this year before.And I know this, the back is the last thing I am concerned with on short yardage. If you dont stop the penetration that killed us yesterday in every single one of those situations. You can give the ball to Franco Harris or anybody else. He ain't going to make a yard.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:14 AM
He's essentially admitting to not being prepared, and then goes on to admit that the staff doesn't have faith in him to do his job.

No he didn't.

I’m disappointed right now the coaches don’t think I’m up to my standard,” Hillis said. “I have to rethink my motives and prepare myself harder.”

The "coaches think". and he's prepared to try harder, wtf do you want?

Evidently his "motives" were wrong...I.E. Bing a part time FB in a 3 wr , 2 TE set.

God, sometimes your so dense it's unreal.

Taco John
12-15-2009, 12:15 AM
First off, one of the questions from the reporters was (verbatim) ... "are you hearing all of the yelling we're hearing about Peyton Hills... why is he in the doghouse?"

So, we can rest the notion that this is something I or anyone on this board made up. It's been heavily speculated on for quite some time... and supported by circumstantial evidence from two coaches.

By the way - the notion that can be rested is whether or not the media pay attention to the things said on this forum. They do.

Everybody turn and wave. :wave:

broncolife
12-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Well, he said he needed to "rethink" his motive.

So, was his motive to get on the field before, or did he rethink it and that's his motive now?

Again, just a very strange statement, given the circumstances. He's essentially admitting to not being prepared, and then goes on to admit that the staff doesn't have faith in him to do his job.

But, that was the speculation on him coming out of college, apparently.

So, I'm just not sure why we're pretending this is anything other than what it is.

Maybe he'll work these issues out. Let's hope so.

Are your serious? I guess you would be happier if he told the staff to F off and biatch about not getting playing time.

Taco John
12-15-2009, 12:26 AM
6 questions about Peyton Hillis rofl I guess some of these reporters have read this thread. lol I cant believe Mcdaniels got grilled about Peyton this week. :)

Q-During the offseason a couple times you said some complementary things about Peyton. He can run, catch the ball,block, great hands,tough to bring down.I was wondering if your opinion has changed since then?

A-Nope. Hes done everything we asked him to do.Hes filled in when we asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader roll this week depending on Bucks health and availability for this game. But ah no yesterday again Larsen goes out on the opening kickoff so Hillis is our short yardage and goaline fullback.And when you only have 2 of them on the roster you got to use what you can use to try to get those things done.We don't have 3 fullbacks that go to games so Peyton had to play FB today when Larsen was injured.Did a decent job at that. He certainly will be more in the mix this week if buck is questionable to play against the raiders.

Q-So are you suggesting you cant risk injurying him as a rb if hes your only fb?

A-No but if you I know what your getting at.You cant put him as the hb when you need him at fb if you only have 1 other fb on the roster.And with Larsen out of the game Hillis is fb thats what we are doing.Weve had a pretty good running game with Buck and Moreno this year.Thats why we are not going to change it.

A- No

Q-If hes in the doghouse?

Q-Isn't in general that conventually wisdom that the bigger back is preferable in short yardage situations?

A-I think we have backs I dont know, I believe in big backs period. All of our backs weigh 215lb or more so :shrugs:They have gotten goaline and short yardage conversion this year before.And I know this, the back is the last thing I am concerned with on short yardage. If you dont stop the penetration that killed us yesterday in every single one of those situations. You can give the ball to Frank O Harris or anybody else. He ain't going to make a yard.

For what it's worth, I think this answer is a huge cop out, but entertaining to watch him spar with the reporter on the issue. I thought about the whole "only FB on the roster" rationalization during the game, and it didn't make sense to me because he's just as likely to get injured playing at fullback as he would carrying the ball - say on a 2 point conversion.

Still - coach gets credit. If the defense could have held there, there's a chance to win the game. Ultimately, that missed two point conversion didnt' cost us anything.

I'm looking forward to this expanded role for Hillis that coach is talking about. I hope Hillis uses it to showcase his stuff.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:27 AM
-If hes in the doghouse?

A-I think we have backs I dont know, I believe in big backs period. All of our backs weigh 215lb or more so :shrugs:They have gotten goaline and short yardage conversion this year before.And I know this, the back is the last thing I am concerned with on short yardage. If you dont stop the penetration that killed us yesterday in every single one of those situations. You can give the ball to Frank O Harris or anybody else. He ain't going to make a yard.

Un****greal.

This punk is a real jem.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
For what it's worth, I think this answer is a huge cop out, but entertaining to watch him spar with the reporter on the issue. I thought about the whole "only FB on the roster" rationalization during the game, and it didn't make sense to me because he's just as likely to get injured playing at fullback as he would carrying the ball - say on a 2 point conversion.

Still - coach gets credit. If the defense could have held there, there's a chance to win the game. Ultimately, that missed two point conversion didnt' cost us anything.

I'm looking forward to this expanded role for Hillis that coach is talking about. I hope Hillis uses it to showcase his stuff.

I dont blame the defense for the last drive. They did a fantastic job outside of the first quarter making Manning look ridiculously bad. The offense just did not take advantage of the opportunities presented. Is that a sign of a first year coach getting excited or a team not entirely locked in to the new system? I dont know. But the game stats are virtually identical except in one area. Red-zone. 2-4 for Denver, 4-4 for Indi. This game was frustrating because Denver had every chance to win.

I am not sure if Jordan dressed or not, but after Buck and Larsen got hurt, Denver was down to two backs. I understand McDaniel's rationale for not putting in Hillis more often at HB...but seriously...4th and 1 and the Broncos are in a single back set and pulling tightends...wtf?

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
This punk should be fired.

He's a high school line coah.

It's sad. His comments display his ignorance.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:32 AM
If we had the D we have today, we would own the division, cutler or Orton.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM
If we had the D we have today, we would own the division, cutler or Orton.

We have the D we have today. Did you mean last year? We would be looking at the same thing on offense. Poor RZ production and an inability to get a consistent push on 3rd and 4th and short.

Florida_Bronco
12-15-2009, 12:34 AM

It's incredible to me that Hillis could take the exact right tact, and say the exact right things, and you'd use it as the case against why he's not starting. That's insane.

You are insane.

Disagree. I think it's a very illuminating quote.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:36 AM

A- No

Ha!

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:37 AM

Oh Really, why may I ask?

Taco John
12-15-2009, 12:40 AM
I am not sure if Jordan dressed or not, but after Buck and Larsen got hurt, Denver was down to two backs. I understand McDaniel's rationale for not putting in Hillis more often at HB...but seriously...4th and 1 and the Broncos are in a single back set and pulling tightends...wtf?

I don't blame the defense either, but you're hitting on exactly what I've been talking about since the beginning of November. There are situations when using Hillis as a tool gives us the best chance to win. I agree that was one of them.

I don't think that Larsen being out is a good cover for why he wouldn't use Hillis in that situation. This is the best team in the AFC we're playing, and we had a chance to stick it to them and lift this team to another level of confidence. I can't fathom not using every tool to your advantage.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:43 AM
I’m disappointed right now the coaches don’t think I’m up to my standard,” Hillis said. “I have to rethink my motives and prepare myself harder.”

Go on...Hillis doesn't understand, McDummy says he need a FB, which he never uses.

Let meask you...when was the last time you saw denver in an I formation?

HUH?

Archer81
12-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Go on...Hillis doesn't understand, McDummy says he need a FB, which he never uses.

Let meask you...when was the last time you saw denver in an I formation?

HUH?

Against KC. Quite often. That happens when you run for 250 yards.

Popps
12-15-2009, 12:47 AM
By the way - the notion that can be rested is whether or not the media pay attention to the things said on this forum. They do.

Everybody turn and wave. :wave:

Right, you're just banned from attending any team events because you put your foot so deep in your own mouth, Bowlen had your silly website escorted out of the place.

Hilarious!

Nice work, dude.

Gutless!

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:47 AM
How many plays was Hillis even in as FB?

I didn't see 1 play.

We were always 3 wide or 2 TE.

McDummy is a liar.

Get used to it.

Popps
12-15-2009, 12:50 AM

You are insane.

Wow... tough day, Sport?

Sorry Peyton's own words are so unsettling for you that you have to resort to name-calling.

Peyton got himself benched and deactivated for a game. Subsequently, he admitted that he wasn't prepared... needed to rethink his "motives" and had lost the staff's trust.

And you're mad at me?

O.K., Skipper. You just keep on flailing around over there.

Many of us simply said that this was likely a case of a player not doing what he needed to do to get on the field.

Hillis came out and directly confirmed those suspicions.

Now you're mad at ME?

Hilarious!

You're the best, dude.

watermock
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
Against KC. Quite often. That happens when you run for 250 yards.

Oh, you mean when we pulled the power sweep out of the basement?

That play always worked till Hamilton couldnt do his job.

Back to my original quetion.

How many plays was Hillis TB?, scince we were in a passng mode due to giving up 21 early?

Popps
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM

A player has to say something when a coach chooses to deactivate him. That's a very telling gesture. But, the wording is illuminating, indeed.

But, nothing that wasn't fairly obvious to anyone paying attention.

There's a reason the reporter asked McDaniels today... "Why is Hillis in your doghouse?"

It's old news, at this point. Peyton has to earn it. Hopefully he will this week.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Oh, you mean when we pulled the power sweep out of the basement?

That play always worked till Hamilton couldnt do his job.

Back to my original quetion.

How many plays was Hillis TB?, scince we were in a passng mode due to giving up 21 early?

Denver ran the ball 30 times against the Colts. Hillis was at TB once. he got 2 yards. Box score Mock. It wont bite.

watermock
12-15-2009, 01:16 AM
When Moreno and Buck both had sprains, Hillis prepared himself for TB.

OH NO!

We have the Mighty Graham to block and Gaffney and Royal...

Moreno will be just fine...

All Hillis did was prepare for duty.

Popps, have to love your insults:

Sport, Skipper, Dude, while Taco didn't insult you, just calling you insane, a clinical term.

Well, now, we go into a cake game aainst Oakland at home.

Wow, we get the 5 seed.

Archer81
12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Wow, we get the 5 seed.

Considering a lack of playoff exposure since 2006, complaining about the 5th seed is a bit stupid.

Taco John
12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Right, you're just banned from attending any team events because you put your foot so deep in your own mouth, Bowlen had your silly website escorted out of the place.

Hilarious!

Nice work, dude.

Gutless!

That's the fun house mirror version of it, for sure.

watermock
12-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Denver ran the ball 30 times against the Colts. Hillis was at TB once. he got 2 yards. Box score Mock. It wont bite.

Moreno averaged 2.7.

What the **** is this point?

watermock
12-15-2009, 01:41 AM
Considering a lack of playoff exposure since 2006, complaining about the 5th seed is a bit stupid.

Not when your 6-0 it isn't. Idiot.

If not for 'Stokely's miracle catch and BM's catch and run against Dallas,we would be 6-7.

Bronco Yoda
12-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Krieger: The curious case of Peyton Hillis
By Dave Krieger
The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702

By popular demand, let's have a look at the strange case of Peyton Hillis, the 250-pound, second-year back who, like a George Orwell character, has become a nonperson at Dove Valley under mysterious circumstances.

Here's Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Hillis back in June, during an offseason minicamp, as quoted by my colleague Jim Armstrong: "We're going to use every skill he has. He does a lot of things well. He can run the ball as a single back or he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can block in two- back sets or he can split out wide. He's got great hands and he's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball. So he'll do a lot of different things for us."

Here's McDaniels on Hillis at the end of August, during the preseason, as quoted by my colleague Jeff Legwold: "Kind of an older- school guy. Physical fits him, tough fits him, smart, plays a lot of positions on our team."

Here's McDaniels after Sunday's game at Indianapolis when I asked if he might address his team's difficulties in short yardage with Hillis, a bigger back than Correll Buck- halter or Knowshon Moreno:

"No."

Here's McDaniels when I asked him why: "We're putting our best player out there in that situation."

Here's McDaniels on Monday when I asked him if he had changed his opinion of Hillis since last summer: "Nope. He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's filled in when we've asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader role this week, depending on Buckhalter's health and availability for this game."

Here's McDaniels when talk radio host Les Shapiro mentioned fans think Hillis is in his doghouse: "He's not in the doghouse."

Hillis carried the ball one time Sunday, for 2 yards, just after Moreno ran for 11 and took a breather. Buckhalter already had gone out with the injured ankle that had him on crutches after the game.

Hillis carried the ball 68 times for 343 yards as a rookie last season, an average of just more than 5 yards per carry, leading a decimated running back corps in rushing and sometimes imitating a freight train. He has carried it 12 times in 11 games this season for 54 yards.

So when Moreno was stuffed on third-and-1 and fourth-and-1 near the end of the first half Sunday, short-circuiting a key scoring chance, it was natural to ask why Hillis, who outweighs Moreno by 35 pounds, didn't get a try.

McDaniels offered three reasons:

1. The Broncos' running game has been good the way it is and Buckhalter and Moreno have converted plenty of short-yardage situations.

2. When Spencer Larsen went down with a back injury on the opening kickoff, it left Hillis the only fullback for McDaniels' two-back sets, so he couldn't play halfback.

3. The short-yardage struggles had nothing to do with the runners and everything to do with the offensive line.

These all have a certain logic, but they're not particularly convincing. If McDaniels were still as high on Hillis as he was last summer, wouldn't he at least give him a try in power rushing situations?

"He's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball," he said then.

Has that changed? Did Hillis show up late for a meeting, forget to brush his teeth, leave a horse's head in somebody's bed? Hillis answers these questions carefully — especially the one about the horse's head — trying not to dig himself deeper into the doghouse he's not in.

"I do what I can when they want me to," he said after Sunday's game. "I can't pick and choose when I can go in there and play. I can only wait for my time."

Even if McDaniels is right that defensive penetration, not the running back, was the Broncos' problem in short yardage, you'd think a big back who could plow through a tackler or two would be just as helpful in that case.

I'm not trying to suggest that Hillis would dramatically change an offense that now fits the definition of mediocre by most statistical measures. Still, sometimes it seems McDaniels would rather make a point than a first down. Why wouldn't you try your big back in short yardage after repeatedly failing with smaller backs? There's something happening here, and what it is ain't exactly clear.

When I asked McDaniels if he agrees that big backs make sense in short yardage, he said Buckhalter and Moreno are big backs, each weighing in excess of 215 pounds. So there you go.

When I asked Bronco Yoda over at Orangemane.com about the situation, his opinion was that McDaniels is a young coach learning his lessons. Hopefully this process will be a short one. (ok, ok....so I made that one up)

Whatever's going on, if Buckhalter can't play Sunday, McDaniels may have no choice but to find out if Hillis' fans have a point.

Dave Krieger: 303-954-5297, dkrieger@denverpost.com or twitter.com/DaveKrieger

watermock
12-15-2009, 02:55 AM
When are 215 backs "Big"?

Besides, Hillis ran a 4.5 at 25 pounds more.

He freakin ran thru a horsecollar non call and carried it another 10.

Then, in garbage time, he carried tacklers 10 yards to give Denver a first down to run out the clock.

My bad, he went out of bounds.

watermock
12-15-2009, 03:01 AM
2. When Spencer Larsen went down with a back injury on the opening kickoff, it left Hillis the only fullback for McDaniels' two-back sets, so he couldn't play halfback

And how many times did we run a 2 back set ?

Tell me, I kept losing the feed.

I mean, really! McD runs 3 wide and 2 TE sets.

We never run out of the I.

errand
12-15-2009, 05:22 AM

I lost what little respect I had for Mock years ago when he called phillybroncosnut's child a cross-eyed retard.....

the ironic thing is the clown has more than his fair share of supporters who like him....why? It's beyond my comprehension....

errand
12-15-2009, 05:36 AM
Not when your 6-0 it isn't. Idiot.

If not for 'Stokely's miracle catch and BM's catch and run against Dallas,we would be 6-7.

Please God...strike one us down, now!

broncogary
12-15-2009, 05:39 AM
I lost what little respect I had for Mock years ago when he called phillybroncosnut's child a cross-eyed retard.....

the ironic thing is the clown has more than his fair share of supporters who like him....why? It's beyond my comprehension....

Because mock is our cross-eyed retard. :~ohyah!:

go_broncos
12-15-2009, 05:51 AM
Krieger: The curious case of Peyton Hillis
By Dave Krieger
The Denver Post
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13998702

By popular demand, let's have a look at the strange case of Peyton Hillis, the 250-pound, second-year back who, like a George Orwell character, has become a nonperson at Dove Valley under mysterious circumstances.

Here's Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Hillis back in June, during an offseason minicamp, as quoted by my colleague Jim Armstrong: "We're going to use every skill he has. He does a lot of things well. He can run the ball as a single back or he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can block in two- back sets or he can split out wide. He's got great hands and he's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball. So he'll do a lot of different things for us."

Here's McDaniels on Hillis at the end of August, during the preseason, as quoted by my colleague Jeff Legwold: "Kind of an older- school guy. Physical fits him, tough fits him, smart, plays a lot of positions on our team."

Here's McDaniels after Sunday's game at Indianapolis when I asked if he might address his team's difficulties in short yardage with Hillis, a bigger back than Correll Buck- halter or Knowshon Moreno:

"No."

Here's McDaniels when I asked him why: "We're putting our best player out there in that situation."

Here's McDaniels on Monday when I asked him if he had changed his opinion of Hillis since last summer: "Nope. He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's filled in when we've asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader role this week, depending on Buckhalter's health and availability for this game."

Here's McDaniels when talk radio host Les Shapiro mentioned fans think Hillis is in his doghouse: "He's not in the doghouse."

Hillis carried the ball one time Sunday, for 2 yards, just after Moreno ran for 11 and took a breather. Buckhalter already had gone out with the injured ankle that had him on crutches after the game.

Hillis carried the ball 68 times for 343 yards as a rookie last season, an average of just more than 5 yards per carry, leading a decimated running back corps in rushing and sometimes imitating a freight train. He has carried it 12 times in 11 games this season for 54 yards.

So when Moreno was stuffed on third-and-1 and fourth-and-1 near the end of the first half Sunday, short-circuiting a key scoring chance, it was natural to ask why Hillis, who outweighs Moreno by 35 pounds, didn't get a try.

McDaniels offered three reasons:

1. The Broncos' running game has been good the way it is and Buckhalter and Moreno have converted plenty of short-yardage situations.

2. When Spencer Larsen went down with a back injury on the opening kickoff, it left Hillis the only fullback for McDaniels' two-back sets, so he couldn't play halfback.

3. The short-yardage struggles had nothing to do with the runners and everything to do with the offensive line.

These all have a certain logic, but they're not particularly convincing. If McDaniels were still as high on Hillis as he was last summer, wouldn't he at least give him a try in power rushing situations?

"He's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball," he said then.

Has that changed? Did Hillis show up late for a meeting, forget to brush his teeth, leave a horse's head in somebody's bed? Hillis answers these questions carefully — especially the one about the horse's head — trying not to dig himself deeper into the doghouse he's not in.

"I do what I can when they want me to," he said after Sunday's game. "I can't pick and choose when I can go in there and play. I can only wait for my time."

Even if McDaniels is right that defensive penetration, not the running back, was the Broncos' problem in short yardage, you'd think a big back who could plow through a tackler or two would be just as helpful in that case.

I'm not trying to suggest that Hillis would dramatically change an offense that now fits the definition of mediocre by most statistical measures. Still, sometimes it seems McDaniels would rather make a point than a first down. Why wouldn't you try your big back in short yardage after repeatedly failing with smaller backs? There's something happening here, and what it is ain't exactly clear.

When I asked McDaniels if he agrees that big backs make sense in short yardage, he said Buckhalter and Moreno are big backs, each weighing in excess of 215 pounds. So there you go.

When I asked Bronco Yoda over at Orangemane.com about the situation, his opinion was that McDaniels is a young coach learning his lessons. Hopefully this process will be a short one. (ok, ok....so I made that one up)

Whatever's going on, if Buckhalter can't play Sunday, McDaniels may have no choice but to find out if Hillis' fans have a point.

Dave Krieger: 303-954-5297, dkrieger@denverpost.com or twitter.com/DaveKrieger

Good Article..Everone except our coach knows that we can fix the short yardage problems by starting Hillis.

Mcd has gone insane..He loves Moreno and Buck so much he is costing us games.