PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

houghtam
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
When it comes to the point where you realize you're arguing astrophysics with Simple Jack, you eventually have to give in and hit that ignore button. Something I should have learned with broncofan7, I finally learned with this guy.

Oh and just a reminder folks, this thread has 750 posts in it, that's almost twice as many yards as he's gained in his career.

I still say call Tatum Bell. We could really use that 5.7 ypc on our anemic rushing offense right now. Moreno, Buckhalter, Hillis, and everyone else be damned, I want some Tater!

BroncoInferno
12-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Hilarious!

Moreno and Buckhalter combine for 199 yards and 2 TDs on 34 carries, and you got Taco and his merry band crying about Hillis because ran well against scrubs in garbage time. Gotta love this place.

ZONA
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
It was good to see Hillis at get some junk carries at the end of the game. He could take his frustration out on the would be tacklers. Bucky looked great today. He's fast, smooth and he IS the best back on this team. Moreno looking better but still seems like something is preventing him from looking as dynamic as he did at GA. I know he's a rookie and I am giving him the benefit of the doubt but I hope over the next few games at the end of the season and into next season he starts to feel more comfortable and becomes more explosive. What he's doing right now there are 30 different back who could do it. I would like to seem him prove to everybody why he was the first back taken in the draft. I think part of it is the fact he had the early fumbles and now every touch he's got both arms just wrapped around the ball, which no doubt keep him from being as fast and smooth as he could be.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
You are unbelievably stupid. Popps or Errand do not question Peyton's physical ability, but his mental ability to do what his job requires for this team. What is so difficult about this? Some players take longer to adjust then others to new offensive schemes; and before you launch into a ridiculous and torturous side argument, let me remind you that even Shanahan did not start Peyton until he had no other options. This means that the dude has problems picking up the offense and executing it. Does this help or do I need to draw some flash cards and email them to you?

:Broncos:

Come on RETARD! You, Errand, and Popps questioned Hillis's mental ability to pick up McD's Harvard inspired Offense was bogus.

Hillis just wanted a few hand offs and passes thrown his way to contribute with the first team. Hillis just wants to keep it simple, ie line up behind the QB, take the hand off, look for seam or hole and "RUN-TO-DAYLIGHT"! If that wasn't possible.....Hillis would have done everything in his power to make a hole and carry a few defenders with him! See the simplicity?

Can't help it if you and your ilk made it so complicated with your spin and propaganda. Hillis is an offensive stud if given the opportunity!!!!!

Oh.....by the way, Shanny was wrong as well last season. Had Shanny not been fired, I believe this year Shanny would have given Peyton more reps with the first team or had penciled Peyton in as his starting FB.

I guess it just took some convincing with McD to allow Peyton to showcase his talents. Let's see over the remaining 4 games on whether McD will continue to give Hillis more opportunities to contribute with the first team offense.

Should Hillis's take advantage of his sudden opportunities and performs well over the last 4 games (if McD gives him the opportunites)........lets hope next season McD doesn't continue with the failed expriment of putting Hillis on special teams.

We can only hope.

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Some of you are really starting to make me hate Hillis.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Hilarious!

Moreno and Buckhalter combine for 199 yards and 2 TDs on 34 carries, and you got Taco and his merry band crying about Hillis because ran well against scrubs in garbage time. Gotta love this place.

Heeeeeeee......carefull you maybe overreacting here. We haven't seen what Hillis is capable of should he ever start a few games and get 15 carries and 5 to 10 passes thrown his way.:sunshine:

rastaman
12-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Some of you are really starting to make me hate Hillis.

Why would you hate Hillis if his contributions and talents make the Broncos better as a team?

McDman
12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I like Buckhalter and Moreno a lot, but I see nothing wrong with getting Hillis involved in about 5 plays a game.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
I dont know why the extreme Hillis supporters are Moreno haters. For most of the season (especially lately), the guy has been a steady force. Yeah, he hasnt had his 100 yard game (he does split carries), but its also very rare to see him get thrown for a loss. He probably ends the season with over a thousand yards. Baffling how people are hating on this guy.

Also, I'm a hillis supporter and hope this game gets him a few more carries. I dont know why his performance proves he's the "best" running back on the team as some are saying, but I'd like to see him get some as a change of pace. But, regardless, I feel real good when Knowshon is running the ball. He's real quick in the hole.

Bronx33
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
I like Buckhalter and Moreno a lot, but I see nothing wrong with getting Hillis involved in about 5 plays a game.

Exactly but for some thats asking too much because appearently hillis tries to put square pegs in round holes hes so stupid ;D iam not sure what evidence they have but thats the reasoning all i want is the ball to cross the goaline and the firstdown marker.

azbroncfan
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Hillis should get the carries in the role that oakland used to use that long haired Zac Crockett on their early 2000 teams for the short yardage elephant stampede package.

NYBronco
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Hilarious!

The scrubs you are talking about are Simms and Hillis. KC I'm sure was still playing their starters. Not sure if KC was in scrub mode and don't really care. Denver was in their run offense and KC couldn't stop it. There was no need for Denver to pass.

One teams garbage is anothers treasure.

Archer81
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Come on RETARD! You, Errand, and Popps questioned Hillis's mental ability to pick up McD's Harvard inspired Offense was bogus.

Hillis just wanted a few hand offs and passes thrown his way to contribute with the first team. Hillis just wants to keep it simple, ie line up behind the QB, take the hand off, look for seam or hole and "RUN-TO-DAYLIGHT"! If that wasn't possible.....Hillis would have done everything in his power to make a hole and carry a few defenders with him! See the simplicity?

Can't help it if you and your ilk made it so complicated with your spin and propaganda. Hillis is an offensive stud if given the opportunity!!!!!

Oh.....by the way, Shanny was wrong as well last season. Had Shanny not been fired, I believe this year Shanny would have given Peyton more reps with the first team or had penciled Peyton in as his starting FB.

I guess it just took some convincing with McD to allow Peyton to showcase his talents. Let's see over the remaining 4 games on whether McD will continue to give Hillis more opportunities to contribute with the first team offense.

Should Hillis's take advantage of his sudden opportunities and performs well over the last 4 games (if McD gives him the opportunites)........lets hope next season McD doesn't continue with the failed expriment of putting Hillis on special teams.

We can only hope.

What are you, Hillis pastor? How the **** do you know what he wants? You dont. You are resorting to an emotional argument to refute facts. Hillis is slow to pick up the scheme. He was last year, he is this year. Thats not calling him stupid, but a realization that he might not be the type of player that just gets it right off the bat. If Hillis suddenly gets pass protection and learns his assignments in the next month, then he will get more opportunities to play. You do realize thats why Buckhalter and Moreno are playing? They get pass protection and understand their role in the scheme. If you have two offensive minded coaches, who have had success in Shanahan and McDaniels realizing they have a talented player who is slow to pick up the scheme, why do you keep insisting that player play before he is ready?

It must suck for you to be wrong so often.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I dont know why the extreme Hillis supporters are Moreno haters. For most of the season (especially lately), the guy has been a steady force. Yeah, he hasnt had his 100 yard game (he does split carries), but its also very rare to see him get thrown for a loss. He probably ends the season with over a thousand yards. Baffling how people are hating on this guy.

As I elaborated earlier, the only think missing with Moreno is running consistently from an I-formation with a lead blocking FB, w/i a strong zone blocking scheme. Then you will see how impactful Moreno can truly be. In fact Moreno would have already had several 100 yd games already. Moreno has proven he's only at best a mediocre to good RB in the empty back field/shoot gun scheme.

Also, I'm a hillis supporter and hope this game gets him a few more carries. I dont know why his performance proves he's the "best" running back on the team as some are saying, but I'd like to see him get some as a change of pace. But, regardless, I feel real good when Knowshon is running the ball. He's real quick in the hole.

Next season I'd like to see a RBBC of Moreno and Hillis from the I-Formation/zone blocking scheme. Denver would have one of the most potent running attack in the NFL.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
What are you, Hillis pastor? How the **** do you know what he wants? You dont. You are resorting to an emotional argument to refute facts. Hillis is slow to pick up the scheme. He was last year, he is this year. Thats not calling him stupid, but a realization that he might not be the type of player that just gets it right off the bat. If Hillis suddenly gets pass protection and learns his assignments in the next month, then he will get more opportunities to play. You do realize thats why Buckhalter and Moreno are playing? They get pass protection and understand their role in the scheme. If you have two offensive minded coaches, who have had success in Shanahan and McDaniels realizing they have a talented player who is slow to pick up the scheme, why do you keep insisting that player play before he is ready? :Broncos:

Look Village Idiot! I'm not going to go round-n-round with you how wrong you are about Hillis. All I got to say is just allow Hillis to show what he can do on any "GIVEN SUNDAY"!!!

ENOUGH SAID BOZO-THE-:clown:

Archer81
12-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Look Village Idiot! I'm not going to go round-n-round with you how wrong you are about Hillis. All I got to say is just allow Hillis to show what he can do on any "GIVEN SUNDAY"!!!

ENOUGH SAID BOZO-THE-:clown:

You are ****ing retarded. Seriously, you are the argument FOR abortion. From now on when people stage protests on the abortion issue, pro-choicers will hold up your picture on placards and not have to say a single thing.

****tard.

Raidersbane
12-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Damn, need to go out and get more popcorn......

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Why would you hate Hillis if his contributions and talents make the Broncos better as a team?

Says who? Obviously not the men in charge of running our team.

errand
12-06-2009, 08:24 PM
I was wondering why Buckhalter didn't get more carries, he was tearing it up today.

Buckhalter has proved to be a productive, however injury proned RB....he's always seeming to get hurt and miss a couple of games if memory serves me right.

errand
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Shhhhhhhhh.....calm down O'Brite One! Let's just say McD has been handed a team with so many offensive weapons, he just can't seem to make up his mind who to play!!;D

We all know after todays game.....had Hillis been apart of the first team offense from week 1, and had 5-10 running plays and 5-10 "Orton" patented "Dinks, Dunks and screen passes; only then would you be convince how talented Hillis truly is.

Oh well you have 4 weeks to continue how mediocre Hillis is. And Hillis has 4 games left (if given the opportunities) to show you how WRONG you were about Hillis's capabilities.

Again, you fail to miss the point of the thread....

Nobody questions Hillis' talent or his ability to get the job done....the question is why he's not seeing the field.....

He's either not ready, or bright enough to grasp the offense, or McDaniels hates him which is pretty much your take on every player you personally like.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2009, 08:30 PM
One dimensional players don't belong on a football field in the NFL. They especially don't belong in the backfield with an offensive scheme like ours. When Hillis is ready for more than just downhill running he'll be an explosive weapon, but until then he's too big of a risk when Moreno is a more complete back.

Since when can't Hillis pass block. I don't recall a problem last year. He's also got some of the best hands on the team. He was injured last year catching a ball that he probably should have short handed and protected himself but instead he made the catch.

So you really think Hillis is a one dimensional player?

Maybe there's an argument that he can't block as well as the other backs... but I haven't seen any evidence of this. But to say he just can't period is BS.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
He can't be that great of a lead blocker, if he were, he'd be the starting FB.

You cannot seriously think that Hillis is better in the open field than either of them....

You cannot seriously think that he's a better pass catcher than them....

You cannot seriously think that he's better than they are in short yardage situations (someone posted stats, or data as you like to call it, that proved otherwise)

You cannot seriously think that he's a better between the tackles runner either....

He might be able to some things just as well...or almost as well...but he's no more a 5 tool player than Moreno...who can do all of the above and break off the long run, and pass protect too.

I'll take Hillis pass catching over both C-Buck & Moreno. How many has Moreno dropped this year?

I'll take Hillis over Moreno in the open. Why? Because I know that Hillis can at least go through the man where Moreno has to go around.

I'll take Moreno on the cutback. I like his slashing move and balance.

IMO, C-Buck is our best RB with less than 15 carries. His splits confirm this.

Hillis is our toughtest back and can get the yards even when there's none there to get.

Moreno has the endurance. His splits do not fall off with a lot of carries. Gotta love those young leggs. He's doing much better now that coach is running him more with Leatherhead plowing the way.

Leatherhead is lead blocking very well. Mad man on special teams too.

I love our running situation. Here we are gashing at each other about who's better. Could be worse... we could be arguing over who sucks more instead. We have some good talent. Not a bad problem to have.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Again, you fail to miss the point of the thread....

Nobody questions Hillis' talent or his ability to get the job done....the question is why he's not seeing the field.....

He's either not ready, or bright enough to grasp the offense, or McDaniels hates him which is pretty much your take on every player you personally like.

Alright Errand. Ya wanna ask the KC's whether Hillis has a GRASP of the offense? Belive me, if Hillis can grasp Shanny's system he can understand McD's system as well. So your argument is a red herring and is totally wrong!

I mean come on dude what is their to grasp? You line behind the QB, take the hand off and follow your blockers look for a hole or seem and RUN TO DAYLIGHT!

I can only speculate what is going thru McD's mind on utilizing or not utlizing Hillis. But what I do know during the month of December is no time to play politics and mind games with your players.

The reality now is.....if Denver's running attack falters or is not getting it done with Moreno and Buckhalter, you had better not have Hillis on the sideline with a CLEAN UNIFORM!!!

~Crash~
12-06-2009, 10:15 PM
Hilarious!

Idiot

~Crash~
12-06-2009, 10:20 PM

I hope all the players get involed it makes team not have a clue as to were the next play will go.

The crazy ass people that pull for players not to do good are idiots

~Crash~
12-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Says who? Obviously not the men in charge of running our team.

So you are now running the team ? wow when did that happen:welcome:

rugbythug
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Revisionist history happening here. Hillis had several opportunities the beginning of the season. He Came in and False started. He came in on Goal line and got stuffed. And he came in and Dropped a key third down pass. And he rides the pine because of it.

GreatBronco16
12-06-2009, 10:32 PM
I mean come on dude what is their to grasp? You line behind the QB, take the hand off and follow your blockers look for a hole or seem and RUN TO DAYLIGHT!

Yep, it's just that easy to be a RB in the NFL. You know what, why don't you quit trying to pretend like you actually know what the hell you're talking about, because you clearly don't have a clue.

Lemme guess, you played in high school too about 35 years ago like a bunch of the arm chair players/coaches on this site?

rastaman
12-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Revisionist history happening here. Hillis had several opportunities the beginning of the season. He Came in and False started. He came in on Goal line and got stuffed. And he came in and Dropped a key third down pass. And he rides the pine because of it.

So what! Hillis has had 4 fumbles already! Why wasn't he demoted? How many passes has Moreno dropped? How many games has Buckhalter missed b/c of his gimpy knees???

Seems like you have selective memory as well.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Yep, it's just that easy to be a RB in the NFL. You know what, why don't you quit trying to pretend like you actually know what the hell you're talking about, because you clearly don't have a clue.

Lemme guess, you played in high school too about 35 years ago like a bunch of the arm chair players/coaches on this site?

We aren't talking HS football are we? And I've never said it was easy to be an NFL RB!

What I can spot is talent!....and in the case of Hillis! God Given Talent! Take off your blinders Smart Azz or take your head out of your OSTRICH HOLE!

Do something.....just wake the f*ck up and smell the coffee. Peyton Hillis "Gots Game" and he's the real deal. And if Orton, Moreno and Hillis are stinking up the joint and not moving the offense.....ya gotta put Hillis in there plain and simple. Hillis can jump start the running game if Moreno-Buckhalter are struggling.....plain and simple.

houghtam
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Hillis is our toughtest back and can get the yards even when there's none there to get.

Stats on 3rd and 4th down and in short yardage situations show that he's not any better or worse than Moreno.

baja
12-06-2009, 10:43 PM
We aren't talking HS football are we? And I've never said it was easy to be an NFL RB!

What I can spot is talent!....and in the case of Hillis! God Given Talent! Take off your blinders Smart Azz or take your head out of your OSTRICH HOLE!

Do something.....just wake the **** up and smell the coffee. Peyton Hillis "Gots Game" and he's the real deal. And if Orton, Moreno and Hillis are stinking up the joint and not moving the offense.....ya gotta put Hillis in there plain and simple. Hillis can jump start the running game if Moreno-Buckhalter are struggling.....plain and simple.

Maybe today was the day this was realized and we will see more of Hillis from now on???

bpc
12-06-2009, 10:46 PM
All I saw from Hillis today was tempo setting.

Unfortunately for PH, Buck went crazy and Knowshon looked pretty good too.

GreatBronco16
And I've never said it was easy to be an NFL RB!

"I mean come on dude what is their to grasp? You line behind the QB, take the hand off and follow your blockers look for a hole or seem and RUN TO DAYLIGHT!"

I don't know buddy, when you put it like that, it makes me think that even I could be an NFL RB.

And you can spot talent? There are tons of scouting jobs open every year, how come in your 51 years of life, you haven't put in for one? You know, since you can spot talent unlike any other.

You make this too easy old man. Now go drink your Ensure and head to bed. You have a big day tomorrow of more Hillis nut deep throating.

rastaman
Stats on 3rd and 4th down and in short yardage situations show that he's not any better or worse than Moreno.

Show me those 2009 stats....why don'tcha......:peace:

~Crash~
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Hills has been money on 3rd down he would lose

rastaman
12-06-2009, 10:58 PM
"I mean come on dude what is their to grasp? You line behind the QB, take the hand off and follow your blockers look for a hole or seem and RUN TO DAYLIGHT!"

I don't know buddy, when you put it like that, it makes me think that even I could be an NFL RB.

And you can spot talent? There are tons of scouting jobs open every year, how come in your 51 years of life, you haven't put in for one? You know, since you can spot talent unlike any other.

You make this too easy old man. Now go drink your Ensure and head to bed. You have a big day tomorrow of more Hillis nut deep throating.

Hey look here you protein enriched dong sucker, Hillis has so much talent all he needs to do is line behind the QB, take the hand off and follow your blockers look for a hole or seam and RUN TO DAYLIGHT!" Either you can run the ball in the NFL or you can't. McDaniel's doesn't know whether Hillis can run the ball......McD has just been playing the depth-chart circle JERK with Hillis or using the excuse of not practicing well or perhaps McD screwed up and believed Hillis was a special teams player.

Errrrrrrred wrong again. Hillis is a Freaking Beast of an NFL RB. Depth-Charts-politics-and practice be Damned. Hillis can play in the NFL PLAIN AND SIMPLE. The only problem is McD has spent the previous 12 weeks jerking Hillis around.

And no dumb ass you can't be an NFL RB.....your mom and dad did not pass that gene to you. However I'd love to see you used by Hillis as a blocking dummy. Perhaps after Hillis has ran over you on 20 consecutive running plays perhaps you woud be convinced of the talent he has. But I digress.

Here's to hoping your dumb Neanderthal-knuckle dragging ass even makes it to 50!!!:P

Take care KORG!

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM

I won't dispute the stats. And I know what you're saying. Moreno also is a back that gets better the more touches he gets. And he's been given a chance to do just that. But I will almost always go with the guy that is most physical. Inflicts most pain.

Hillis doesn't need a FB like Moreno does. And Hillis inflicts the most pain. And those body shots on the Defense add up in the 4th qtr.

I like how Moreno is slicing his way on the cutbacks. And if our line does what it is supposed to do... then Moreno can and will get in. It's the times that our Line get's beat, when our RB has to do more than he should that worries me about Moreno. He's just not as big or punishing. It is what it is.

Put Both Hillis and Moreno in a heavy package on the goaline and I go with Hillis most of the time. Just my preference I guess. It's the SAFER call IMO.

rastaman
12-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Maybe today was the day this was realized and we will see more of Hillis from now on???

Lets hope so! Something tells me he will be the difference maker in our Running attack the 4 weeks and into the playoffs.

houghtam
12-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Show me those 2009 stats....why don'tcha......:peace:

Okay...

Hillis - 2 rushes for 19 yards (9.5 yards per carry), 2 first downs (100% conversion rate), 0 TDs.

Moreno - 22 rushes for 70 yards (3.2 yards per carry), 11 first downs (50% conversion rate), 3 TDs.

What's your point? If it's that Hillis has a 100% conversion rate on 3rd down and is averaging 10 yards a carry, congratulations. I will go back to my comment that we should hire Tatum back because he ran for 5.7 yards per last year.

Hell wasn't Wesley Dukes' first reception for a TD? I guess it doesn't surprise me the fawning over Hillis, considering the frenzy over Dukes back at that time. I wonder if the Dukes and Hillis supporters are the same people? Or if the Hillis supporters were even fans back in 2005.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
:notthissh: you really wanna go there?

Archer81
12-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Lets hope so! Something tells me he will be the difference maker in our Running attack the 4 weeks and into the playoffs.

How many carries did Hillis get when the outcome of the game was still in question?

None? Wow. He must be the X factor in the run game...I mean Moreno and Buckhalter getting 200 yards the other 55 minutes of the game had nothing to do with it. Those 7 carries SAVED OUR SEASON...

houghtam
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM
How many carries did Hillis get when the outcome of the game was still in question?

None? Wow. He must be the X factor in the run game...I mean Moreno and Buckhalter getting 200 yards the other 55 minutes of the game had nothing to do with it. Those 7 carries SAVED OUR SEASON...

Is that what those red cheeseheads with X-Factor on them meant?

Archer81
12-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Is that what those red cheeseheads with X-Factor on them meant?

Yes. If you use morse code and write down how often they move their head, it clearly spells out that Hillis is the best runningback to ever play. Its subtle, but there.

houghtam
12-06-2009, 11:30 PM
Just throwing this out there: under the "Wekk 13 Broncos Backfield Highllights", there's 2 minutes worth of video, and 0 minutes worth of Hillis highlights.

Guess that shows what the NFL thinks of garbarge time.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

strafen
12-07-2009, 12:04 AM

:Broncos:Moreno is supposed to be the primary ball carrier.
What today showed was Buckhalter schooling Moreno when both were getting equal opportunities to run the ball, and Buckhalter made the best of it.
Moreno still couldn't get the ever-elusive 100-yard game 12 games into the season. That just showed how average Moreno is. Come on, this was the Chiefs we were playing, everybody got into the action, and Moreno still showed how average he is...
Nuff said!

SonOfLe-loLang
12-07-2009, 12:12 AM
Moreno is supposed to be the primary ball carrier.
What today showed was Buckhalter schooling Moreno when both were getting equal opportunities to run the ball, and Buckhalter made the best of it.
Moreno still couldn't get the ever-elusive 100-yard game 12 games into the season. That just showed how average Moreno is. Come on, this was the Chiefs we were playing, everybody got into the action, and Moreno still showed how average he is...
Nuff said!

Did Knowshon steal your girl or something? Over the past 4 games, he's been a steady force and has averaged over 4 yards a carry. The reason he hasn't had 100 yards is because of buckhalter. Had he gotten the extra carries, and earned the same YPC, he'd have a hundred. So, naturally, you're wrong.

strafen
12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Did Knowshon steal your girl or something? Over the past 4 games, he's been a steady force and has averaged over 4 yards a carry. The reason he hasn't had 100 yards is because of buckhalter. Had he gotten the extra carries, and earned the same YPC, he'd have a hundred. So, naturally, you're wrong.Is this is a joke, dude?
Please don't bring a knife to a gun fight, bud.
Let me quote what you just said in which you're accusing me of being wrong.
Again I'm going to quote you so there won't be any misunderstanding in the way I read what you've said...

The reason he hasn't had 100 yards is because of buckhalter. Had he gotten the extra carries, and earned the same YPC, he'd have a hundred. So, naturally, you're wrong
On today's game, CBuck carried the ball 12 times to Moreno's 21.
Buck 12 carries 112 yards
Moreno 21 carries 86 yards.

For the season, Moreno 182 carries for 774 yards
For the season Cbuck 105 carries for 563 yards

Seems to me that Moreno has carried the ball more to where the extra carries by Cbuck shouldn't impact his production, given that Cbuck has produced more like in today's game with almost half the carries Moreno had, but not only that, Cbuck is averaging more yards than Moreno.
What you think?
Cbuck 5.6 ypa > Moreno 4.2 ypa

uplink
12-07-2009, 12:43 AM
heard they gave Hillis a lobotomy before the game. According to reports it didn't hurt his understanding of the playbook but did stop him from disagreeing with and rebelling against the coaches etc.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 12:46 AM
According to some here there was nothing there to lobotomize in the first place... what gives?

Archer81
12-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Moreno is supposed to be the primary ball carrier.
Nuff said!

In 2001, LaDanian Tomlinson ran the football 339 times for 1236 yards, 10 tds, fumbled 5 times and lost 4 of them. He only had 4 100 yard games, with none coming between weeks 5-14. He went over 20 yards just 6 times. He was SD's primary ball carrier.

So far in 2009, Knowshon Moreno has ran the ball 182 times (projects out to 242 for the year), for 774 yards (projects out to 1,032 yards for the year) and 5 tds (7 proj. for the year). He has fumbled 4 times, lost it four (averages to 5 for the entire year). He is going to post roughly similar numbers to LT in his first season if he stays at his current pace, and Moreno is splitting carries. He doesnt split the carries, he winds up with more rushing yards and opportunities.

Did LT wind up being average? Or is Moreno a case of a rookie back doing whatever he can with the opportunities he has? You are bitching why? Denver ran the football for 245 yards today. Knowshon got a bulk of the work, with Buckhalter being the supremely effective change of pace back.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Are you already suggesting Moreno is going to have an LT type career?

wow... I won't bitch about that.

Archer81
12-07-2009, 12:52 AM

wow... I won't b**** about that.

Nope, but the similarities in stats in intriguing. If Moreno is average, and his numbers are not far off from LT's first year, does that make LT average?

strafen
12-07-2009, 09:38 AM

wow... I won't b**** about that.He is! :rofl:
The guy needs to show the toughness of LT, and he got none of that...

SonOfLe-loLang
12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Is this is a joke, dude?
Please don't bring a knife to a gun fight, bud.
Let me quote what you just said in which you're accusing me of being wrong.
Again I'm going to quote you so there won't be any misunderstanding in the way I read what you've said...

On today's game, CBuck carried the ball 12 times to Moreno's 21.
Buck 12 carries 112 yards
Moreno 21 carries 86 yards.

For the season, Moreno 182 carries for 774 yards
For the season Cbuck 105 carries for 563 yards

Seems to me that Moreno has carried the ball more to where the extra carries by Cbuck shouldn't impact his production, given that Cbuck has produced more like in today's game with almost half the carries Moreno had, but not only that, Cbuck is averaging more yards than Moreno.
What you think?
Cbuck 5.6 ypa > Moreno 4.2 ypa

Dude, youre a ****ing moron. Regardless of Buckhalter's stats, Moreno's carry count is still low for a hundred yard game. He'd need to average about 5 YPC to get to a hundred on 21 carries. As many said before, Tatum Bell had similar games to Buckhalter, does that make him a better running back? Should we bring him back and plug him in as the starter. Moreno brings consistency and has a knack for making something out of nothing. Just look at his stats over the past 4 games. How the **** can you argue with those numbers?

So my original point stands. If this were 1997, when teams generally did not run by committee, and he averaged 25 carries a game, he'd have a few 100 yarders in there. Would that make you happy? Probably not. Because you're a moron.

strafen
12-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Dude, I'm a ****ing moron. Regardless of Buckhalter's stats, Moreno's carry count is still low for a hundred yard game. He'd need to average about 5 YPC to get to a hundred on 21 carries. As many said before, Tatum Bell had similar games to Buckhalter, does that make him a better running back? Should we bring him back and plug him in as the starter. Moreno brings consistency and has a knack for making something out of nothing. Just look at his stats over the past 4 games. How the **** can you argue with those numbers?

So my original point stands. If this were 1997, when teams generally did not run by committee, and he averaged 25 carries a game, he'd have a few 100 yarders in there. Would that make you happy? Probably not. Because I'm a moron.

I haven't called you names, so don't call me names. I can be nasty too!

Anyway, for a high pick selection who has been outnumbered by the opposition and his own running mate, it doesn't look.

You won't be able to understand this, unless it would work on Moreno's favor.

In Oakland, Cbuck had 108 yards in 14 carries. In the same game, Moreno got 90 yards in 21 carries.
What this means is the guy goes down on the first hit he gets. He lacks toughness to fight for the extra yard, he's soft.
And contrary to what you've said (highlighted above) he doesn't have a knack for making something out of nothing. Don't insult my intelligence, if he did, he would have 100 yard game so far. The guy came out of college overhyped.
They showed this video clip of Moreno jumping over a guy to promote him.
Welcome to the NFL Moreno!!!

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
In Oakland, Cbuck had 108 yards in 14 carries. In the same game, Moreno got 90 yards in 21 carries.
What this means is the guy goes down on the first hit he gets. He lacks toughness to fight for the extra yard, he's soft.

This is simply the most idiotic thing I've ever read. So, you choose to ignore all context and go with simple numbers. What were the downs and distances? What were the defenses? What was the blocking like?

You need help.

And contrary to what you've said (highlighted above) he doesn't have a knack for making something out of nothing.

The Giants and KC defenses disagree. He was hit in the backfield numerous times in both games only to come up with positive yardage each and every time.

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for your examples of negative yardage runs by him yesterday. You specifically said you saw several. Let's see them.

That's what I thought.

strafen
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE]This is simply the most idiotic thing I've ever read. So, you choose to ignore all context and go with simple numbers. What were the downs and distances? What were the defenses? What was the blocking like?

You need help.Does it matter?
He's got outrun by somebody from his same team with less carries. It's happened twice. Coincidence?

The Giants and KC defenses disagree. He was hit in the backfield numerous times in both games only to come up with positive yardage each and every timeSorry, not on all of them. I made a point to look at athat. Early in the game Moreno was getting hit and going down

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for your examples of negative yardage runs by him yesterday. You specifically said you saw several. Let's see them.

That's what I thoughtIf I had a way to pull that info I would.
I remember Moreno being stopped at the LOS and I belive for a -2 on antotherattempt.
You've seen plenty games this season, you should know better what I'm talking about. Oh, wait. Moreno can't do no wrong!

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Does it matter?
He's got outrun by somebody from his same team with less carries. It's happened twice. Coincidence?

Weird. Twice? I could've sworn they played 12 games so far.

Sorry, not on all of them. I made a point to look at athat. Early in the game Moreno was getting hit and going down

If I had a way to pull that info I would.
I remember Moreno being stopped at the LOS and I belive for a -2 on antotherattempt.

WRONG.

You don't know how to pull the info? nfl.com does it for you, dumb-@ss.

Here's the full play by play including all his runs.

Find me ONE where he was dropped for a loss. Yesterday you said without any doubt that you were CERTAIN there were SEVERAL cases of it happening.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009120606/2009/REG13/broncos@chiefs#tab:analyze/analyze-channels:cat-post-playbyplay

SonOfLe-loLang
12-07-2009, 10:51 AM
I haven't called you names, so don't call me names. I can be nasty too!

Anyway, for a high pick selection who has been outnumbered by the opposition and his own running mate, it doesn't look.

You won't be able to understand this, unless it would work on Moreno's favor.

And contrary to what you've said (highlighted above) he doesn't have a knack for making something out of nothing. Don't insult my intelligence, if he did, he would have 100 yard game so far. The guy came out of college overhyped.
They showed this video clip of Moreno jumping over a guy to promote him.
Welcome to the NFL Moreno!!!

Complete bull****. One of moreno's greatest strengths is that he DOESNT go down on the first hit. You're just hating on him to hate on him. He's more than likely going to end the season, his FIRST, with more than a thousand yards with a good YPC. Get over yourself. Buckhalter is a speed change of pace guy and he's quite good at that. Moreno does the dirty work

broncolife
12-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Damn the Hillis poll thread. Now I expect you Popps to post another 160 post on here to make up for the ones lost :)

rastaman
12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Complete bull****. One of moreno's greatest strengths is that he DOESNT go down on the first hit. You're just hating on him to hate on him. He's more than likely going to end the season, his FIRST, with more than a thousand yards with a good YPC. Get over yourself. Buckhalter is a speed change of pace guy and he's quite good at that. Moreno does the dirty work

Sorry Son-O-LoLang, but with a 16 game schedule a RB/Moreno rushing for 1,000 to 1,100 yards is no longer a great feat. Averaging 67-69 yards a game is nothing to crow about. Now if rookie RB rushes for 1500 plus yards in a 16 game season, thats something to crow about! Thats impressive and now we are talking Rookie of the Year Considerations.

However, in defense of Moreno, I strongly believe his best suit is running from an I-formation with a lead blocking FB (Larsen) with a stretch zone blocking scheme. Then we would see or would have a much more impactful and explosive Moreno would have been well on his way to 1200 to 1400 yards.

houghtam
12-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry Son-O-LoLang, but with a 16 game schedule a RB/Moreno rushing for 1,000 to 1,100 yards is no longer a great feat. Averaging 67-69 yards a game is nothing to crow about.

For just any old RB, you're right, it's no big deal. For a rookie, it is. There are usually only 1 or 2 guys every year in the NFL who do it. Considering only about half the teams end each season with a 1000 yard rusher, I'd say ending in the top 50% in your first year is something to be proud of.

watermock
12-07-2009, 07:27 PM
No 100 yard rusher with our line is rather pitifull.

azbroncfan
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
No 100 yard rusher with our line is rather pitifull.

What are you talking about? Sometimes I wonder where you come up with this stuff, put the rotgut down.

Atwater His Ass
12-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Moreno's problem is that he still gets held up at the LOS making his read. The reason Buckhalter is so much more effective is that he hits the hole hard and fast. He's ususally 3-4 yards past the LOS before the first defender gets to him.

Moreno dances around way too much and gets hit at the LOS or in the backfield way too much.

This is something I'm sure will improve as he matures.

errand
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM

wow... I won't b**** about that.

why not...there's a few on here suggesting Hillis is better than that.

ant1999e
12-07-2009, 08:31 PM
Moreno's problem is that he still gets held up at the LOS making his read. The reason Buckhalter is so much more effective is that he hits the hole hard and fast. He's ususally 3-4 yards past the LOS before the first defender gets to him.

Moreno dances around way too much and gets hit at the LOS or in the backfield way too much.

I'm sure this will improve with NFL experience. Remember the move he did against the Giants.

Dedhed
12-07-2009, 08:56 PM
The tools doubting Moreno are the same emotional fools that were saying McDaniels was a disaster.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 09:05 PM
However, in defense of Moreno, I strongly believe his best suit is running from an I-formation with a lead blocking FB (Larsen) with a stretch zone blocking scheme. Then we would see or would have a much more impactful and explosive Moreno would have been well on his way to 1200 to 1400 yards.

I agree and that's what we saw last game. But Moreno is still learning and he ran up the back of his blocker a few times. I see nothing special from Moreno so far but I'm hopeful.

Go Broncos!

Taco John
12-07-2009, 10:07 PM

This is the same impression that I have too.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2009, 10:17 PM
I wonder what McD has in store for C-Buck in Philly. They might have to sedate Dawkins the night before so he gets some sleep.

Bigdawg26
12-07-2009, 10:33 PM
LOL Dawkins is going to hurt somebody out there. I think he might he an "accidental" bump on Andy Reid fat @$$

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 05:18 AM
Sorry Son-O-LoLang, but with a 16 game schedule a RB/Moreno rushing for 1,000 to 1,100 yards is no longer a great feat.

For a rookie that didn't even start the first month of the season and has been splitting carries it is.

rastaman
12-08-2009, 05:44 AM
For a rookie that didn't even start the first month of the season and has been splitting carries it is.

Sure its something to be proud of on a personal level...but, come on avg 67-70 yards a game is not anything that stands out on a historic NFL perspective when it comes to rookie RB's in the NFL.

errand
12-08-2009, 06:52 AM
If I had a way to pull that info I would.
You've seen plenty games this season, you should know better what I'm talking about. Oh, wait. Moreno can't do no wrong!

According to the DEN@KC play by play on NFL.com...Moreno did not have a single carry go for negative yardage.

chex
12-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Sure its something to be proud of on a personal level...but, come on avg 67-70 yards a game is not anything that stands out on a historic NFL perspective when it comes to rookie RB's in the NFL.

Splitting the carries it is. And besides the lower # of carries, you should be even more impressed since according to you and the other tumbleweeds, Orton is a detriment to the running game, which makes a rookie to run for 1k on limited carries even more impressive.

strafen
12-08-2009, 09:27 AM
According to the DEN@KC play by play on NFL.com...Moreno did not have a single carry go for negative yardage.

My bad. I was wrong...
I would however be interested in the total stops for negative yardage he's had this season.

chex
12-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Moreno is 13th in rushing and 9th in first downs. Solid and steady, if not spectacular.

ant1999e
12-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Moreno is 13th in rushing and 9th in first downs. Solid and steady, if not spectacular.

Not bad for a rookie splitting carries with a good vet.

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
My bad. I was wrong...
I would however be interested in the total stops for negative yardage he's had this season.

I've only looked at about half the games so far (nfl.com is running really slow for me today), and I'm at less than one carry for negative yards per game on average. Nowhere near the "happens all the time" rate you have been spouting about for the last week or so.

chex
12-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I've only looked at about half the games so far (nfl.com is running really slow for me today), and I'm at less than one carry for negative yards per game on average. Nowhere near the "happens all the time" rate you have been spouting about for the last week or so.

I'm not surprised. That's how people like this operate. They'll throw **** out as fact, hoping no one follows up or calls them out on it, then the perception becomes fact. This is a classic example. People took the time to prove him wrong, otherwise the argument that Moreno takes alot of TFL's would have been accepted as reality.

Popps
12-08-2009, 10:39 AM

We're 9th overall at moving the ball on the ground, now. Not too shabby.

I expect that to continue to improve.

strafen
12-08-2009, 05:33 PM
I've only looked at about half the games so far (nfl.com is running really slow for me today), and I'm at less than one carry for negative yards per game on average. Nowhere near the "happens all the time" rate you have been spouting about for the last week or so.There's a reason why he hasn't gotten his 100-yard game.
That usually means he's gotten his fair of runs for a loss or for no yards at all. Either way is a waste of down.
Also, he tends to stumble a lot. You've seen it, I've seen it, but you won't admit that ever...
So far he has not shown flashes of what he did in college.
We're still waiting for Moreno to emerge as the RB we've all hoped he would be.
I just don't get any feelings of Moreno ever breaking a long one.
He's not the type of RB that you would expect to break a long one at any minute during a game.
He's good for 3-4 yards when you need them, and that's about how he goes about his business...

UberBroncoMan
12-08-2009, 07:47 PM
There's a reason why he hasn't gotten his 100-yard game.
That usually means he's gotten his fair of runs for a loss or for no yards at all. Either way is a waste of down.
Also, he tends to stumble a lot. You've seen it, I've seen it, but you won't admit that ever...
He's not the type of RB that you would expect to break a long one at any minute during a game.
He's good for 3-4 yards when you need them, and that's about how he goes about his business...

To be fair he's had multiple 15+ yard runs called back on penalties... I think one was even 30-40 yards a few weeks back.

Still... I want to see Peyton Hillis in the 4th quarter and in short yardage situations.

errand
12-08-2009, 08:20 PM

You cannot be this stupid!

Knowshon Moreno has not gotten over 21 carries in any game to date. He averages 4.2 ypc...which my high school education tells me equals 88 yards

His longest run from scrimmage is 36 yards....and yet you're in here defending a guy whose longest run is about half that at 19 yards!

you then say "he's good for 3-4 yards when you need them"....and you're upset he gets them?

You need to go home and give it up clown...jerk off to your Peyton Hillis Fathead, and call it a night.

mhgaffney
12-08-2009, 08:30 PM
I do not like the way McDaniels has used Moreno. He is wasting the kid's talents.

This is where I miss Shanahan. He knew how to use running backs.

Moreno is a cut back runner -- a slasher. So why does McD run him up the middle?

We need pitch outs, screens, reverses, end sweeps, play action, slants, anything to get Moreno in space.

Let's hope McD can learn. And while we are at it let's bring back Gibbs. The blocking has been underwhelming compared with the SB teams of the late 1990s.

Kaylore
12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I do not like the way McDaniels has used Moreno. He is wasting the kid's talents.

Moreno is a cut back runner -- a slasher. So why does McD run him up the middle?

We need pitch outs, screens, reverses, end sweeps, play action, slants, anything to get Moreno in space.

Let's hope McD can learn. And while we are at it let's bring back Gibbs. The blocking has been underwhelming compared with the SB teams of the late 1990s.
Thank you for your opinion. It will help the rest of us see the opposite of what you say is the truth. In fact reading your opinion, I question if you've seen a single game this season. :)

Kaylore
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
LOL False. We lead the league in fewest plays for negative yardage. In fact our running backs are specifically at the top of the league in not tacking losses.

You fail.

mhgaffney
12-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Thank you Kaylore for your professional opinion.

I'm listening for one of your pearls of wisdom.

Still listening...

strafen
12-08-2009, 09:32 PM
You cannot be this stupid!

Knowshon Moreno has not gotten over 21 carries in any game to date. He averages 4.2 ypc...which my high school education tells me equals 88 yards

His longest run from scrimmage is 36 yards....and yet you're in here defending a guy whose longest run is about half that at 19 yards!

you then say "he's good for 3-4 yards when you need them"....and you're upset he gets them?

You need to go home and give it up clown...jerk off to your Peyton Hillis Fathead, and call it a night.Wow, you're telling me to go and jerk-off to "Peyton Hillis Fathead" but you sound as if somebody wants to steal your black dick. You can have your black dick ****ing moron.
Learn to debate without insulting people, asshat, because I can ditch it too, freaking hick!

strafen
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM
LOL False. We lead the league in fewest plays for negative yardage. In fact our running backs are specifically at the top of the league in not tacking losses.

You fail.Why hasn't Moreno gotten at least one 100-yard game.
I know he's a decent back, but he's not as good as you all want him to be, or think he is.
The numbers don't lie.
What I'm disappointed about Moreno is his lack of explosiveness, you know, ala Buckhalter, who last time I've checked had two 100-yard games this season in which he carried the ball less than 14 times!
Moreno has been averaging 20+ carries and hasn't been able to break 100-yard in any game this season.
Does this make him a bad back?
No, but certainly shows average numbers.
We've seen -as I've stated before- RB's in the last 10 years for the Broncos show the wow factor, show explosiveness and become a force.

Hopefully, what we've seen in the last two games is a sign our running game is finally coming together at the right time, but I still have my doubts.
Don't get me wrong, if I'm proven wrong in the next 4 games, then I'll be happy to man up and say I was wrong, because that would translate into success for our team...

bowtown
12-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Wow, you're telling me to go and jerk-off to "Peyton Hillis Fathead" but you sound as if somebody wants to steal your black dick. You can have your black dick ****ing moron.
Learn to debate without insulting people, asshat, because I can ditch it too, freaking hick!

Aaaaaaand, it looks like Broncofan7 made his way back to the boards. Nice allias.

SJ Bronco
12-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Aaaaaaand, it looks like Broncofan7 made his way back to the boards. Nice allias.

:spit:

strafen
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Aaaaaaand, it looks like Broncofan7 made his way back to the boards. Nice allias.Why is it racism?
I meant it in a sexually manner, not in a racist manner, if you know what I mean, since that's where he chose to go with it...
The guy can't keep a civil debate without insulting people.
Do you want to stand up for that crap?
I won't...

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:01 PM

I heard the rumor that McDaniels is so dumb, he thinks comets consist mostly of ice.

Archer81
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
You know whats delicious? Skittles. So chewy.

bowtown
12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
You know whats delicious? Skittles. So chewy.

You would be in to fruity rainbow candy.

Archer81
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM
You would be in to fruity rainbow candy.

Well yeah. Like I said, they are delicious.

strafen
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Let's not forget McDaniels is still a rookie head coach.
He will learn as he goes.
So far, McDaniels has done a job that has by far exceeded my expectations.
I think he can be a little more creative than what we've seen so far, and I also think he's just playing it safe within the grasp of his control.

Can't really complain about where we are right now, considering all the stuff that transpired in the off-season.
That kind of stuff would've discouraged a lot of coaches.
The guy kept his chin up, and weathered the storm rather nicely!

Beantown Bronco
12-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Why hasn't Moreno gotten at least one 100-yard game.

Dude, at least 10 different people have tried to explain it to you in plain English. It's not a difficult concept.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm proven wrong in the next 4 games, then I'll be happy to man up and say I was wrong, because that would translate into success for our team...

Oh, please. He's literally coming off:

1. a game where he's gotten nominated for his 4th rookie of the week award
2. a game in which he got two TDs and
3. a 4 game stretch where he has averaged almost 90 yards rushing per game (which would equate to over 1400 yds for a season)

And it's done nothing but make you post even more negatively about him.

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to admit you were wrong, considering you should've been doing it days ago.

Popps
12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Dude, at least 10 different people have tried to explain it to you in plain English. It's not a difficult concept.

3. a 4 game stretch where he has averaged almost 90 yards rushing per game (which would equate to over 1400 yds for a season)

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath waiting for you to admit you were wrong, considering you should've been doing it days ago.

He's just a bizarre new breed of internet fan that gloms onto a player, not a team... and then roots to be right, not have the team do well. It's a phenomenon that's become more apparent as time's gone on.

We blew out a team and ran for 200 yards, and this guy is bitching about a 3rd string FB not getting more carries.

Can you imagine some pussy in a Broncos bar after a win bitching about a back-up not getting enough carries? Dude would get a beer dumped on him, at best.

Los Broncos
12-08-2009, 10:40 PM
He's just a bizarre new breed of internet fan that gloms onto a player, not a team... and then roots to be right, not have the team do well. It's a phenomenon that's become more apparent as time's gone on.

We blew out a team and ran for 200 yards, and this guy is b****ing about a 3rd string FB not getting more carries.

Can you imagine some p***Y in a Broncos bar after a win b****ing about a back-up not getting enough carries? Dude would get a beer dumped on him, at best.

I agree, when you win a game in the NFL who gives a **** who ran the ball.

They would tell you to shut the **** up and enjoy it.

strafen
12-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Explain what?
Not in my book has anything being explained.
This is what I know. Help out here...
Buckhalter has carried the ball 77 times LESS than Moreno.
That's the equivalent of at least 3.5 games worth of carries. Yet, the guy has had 2 100-yard game, and Moreno none.
When can we start looking at the problem instead of finding excuses to apologize for the guy?
You're right, it's not a difficult concept, is it?

How is it negative?
I'm looking at the facts, you're looking at meaningless hypotherical numbers that makes him look good.
Here's a more realistic number for you...
Moreno's 774 yards right now, equates to an average of 64.5 ypg. (12 games)
And a more realistic number than your 1400 yards hypotherical one, is the fact that at this pace, Moreno is projected to run for 1032 yards this season. A far cry from your 1400 yards you're taking as a consolation prize for how you look at it.
Bringing up a game where he's got two TD's is laughable man. Come one dude!
That happened just last week. He only had 4 TD's prior to that.
We're not getting the production out of this guy that we should. That's all I'm saying.
Nobody in the right mind would look at those numbers and call it a superb season. Average season at best, if not below average...

Is it time for me to admit anything yet, or is the ball in your court?

strafen
12-08-2009, 10:47 PM

We blew out a team and ran for 200 yards, and this guy is b****ing about a 3rd string FB not getting more carries.

Can you imagine some p***Y in a Broncos bar after a win b****ing about a back-up not getting enough carries? Dude would get a beer dumped on him, at best.I love it how YOU can use your own words and situation to place them in somebody else's
Weren't you who started this thread, and as it went on, you finally soften your stand by praising Hillis?
I think you just described yourself to a tee there, bud...
The pot calling the kettle black! :spit:

watermock
12-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Just STFU Popps.

YOU said .500 was the goal, YOU said Hillis should be the back.

YOU said we should draft DL.

Only thing you have been right about is Orton.

You were also wrong about Marshall.

Hey, 1 out of 5 isn't bad, it's pathetic.

Archer81
12-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Buckhalter is a good #2 RB. He is doing in Denver what he did in Philly when he didnt miss entire seasons. Oddly, no one is bringing up that Buckhalter has 3 fumbles this year, with 2 lost, or that he has only gone over 20 yards 4 times, or has only scored one touchdown rushing this year. Moreno is our primary ball carrier. He has gotten better and more productive as the season has gone on, which you want from a rookie RB.

Not one of the 1st round RB's this year has a 100 yard game. Does this make them all busts?

~Crash~
12-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Okay...

Hillis - 2 rushes for 19 yards (9.5 yards per carry), 2 first downs (100% conversion rate), 0 TDs.

Moreno - 22 rushes for 70 yards (3.2 yards per carry), 11 first downs (50% conversion rate), 3 TDs.

What's your point? If it's that Hillis has a 100% conversion rate on 3rd down and is averaging 10 yards a carry, congratulations. I will go back to my comment that we should hire Tatum back because he ran for 5.7 yards per last year.

Hell wasn't Wesley Dukes' first reception for a TD? I guess it doesn't surprise me the fawning over Hillis, considering the frenzy over Dukes back at that time. I wonder if the Dukes and Hillis supporters are the same people? Or if the Hillis supporters were even fans back in 2005.

Are you nuts ? Duke blew out his knee . I guess you wish for players to suck .....I wish all our player to be great to bad you are nuts

strafen
12-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Buckhalter is a good #2 RB. He is doing in Denver what he did in Philly when he didnt miss entire seasons. Oddly, no one is bringing up that Buckhalter has 3 fumbles this year, with 2 lost, or that he has only gone over 20 yards 4 times, or has only scored one touchdown rushing this year. Moreno is our primary ball carrier. He has gotten better and more productive as the season has gone on, which you want from a rookie RB.

Not one of the 1st round RB's this year has a 100 yard game. Does this make them all busts?

:Broncos:The other two RB's, one (Donald Brown) is not a starter, he's playing behind Addai and Beenie Wells has had about the same carries as Hightower (121-119 carries) and can't really call him the primary ball carrier.

And yes, Buck has 3 fumbles and 1 td. Still that doesn't trump my argument... or make my argument invalid based on the numbers I presented. You can't deviate from that or ignore it no matter how you look at it...

Archer81
12-09-2009, 12:04 AM
The other two RB's, one (Donald Brown) is not a starter, he's playing behind Addai and Beenie Wells has had about the same carries as Hightower (121-119 carries) and can't really call him the primary ball carrier.

And yes, Buck has 3 fumbles and 1 td. Still that doesn't trump my argument... or make my argument invalid based on the numbers I presented. You can't deviate from that or ignore it no matter how you look at it...

You have yet to make a valid point. Denver is going to have a running back go over 1000 yards for the first time since 2006, barring an injury to Moreno. Denver is fortunate enough to have Moreno and Buckhalter in the backfield. Your asinine assertion is that because Moreno has not had a 100 yard game, he is a bad player. Moreno has had games where he gained 75, 85, 86, 88(x2), 90 and 97 yards. He is averaging 15 carries a game. Like other backs Denver has had in the past, the more you give it to him, the more he produces. You are knocking a rookie and automatically declaring him a bust because of some fantasy crush you have on Hillis. If Hillis was the answer, he would be playing.

Florida_Bronco
12-09-2009, 12:11 AM

Can you imagine some p***Y in a Broncos bar after a win b****ing about a back-up not getting enough carries? Dude would get a beer dumped on him, at best.

I blame fantasy football.

Popps
12-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Just STFU Popps.

YOU said .500 was the goal

The "goal?" Show me where I said that was the goal. You widows are all caught up in these preseason predictions as if they mean jack ****. No one thought we'd put up this many wins.

I embraced the move into the future, you went kicking and screaming and jumped ship. It's as simple as that. As usual, you're on the wrong side of the trade.

When we drafted Moreno, I predicted a Moreno/Hillis RBC. I think most did.
Big ****ing deal. Again, I'm not sure how far I have to dumb this topic down before you dregs can understand it.

I AM NOT KEEPING HILLIS ON THE BENCH. HE is.

J

Yep, and we drafted one of the best college linemen in football. We also replaced almost every single starter in the front seven.

So, yes... addressing the front seven was the correct thing to do, and we did it. I expect we'll do more.

That's interesting. I don't recall making any guarantees about him. I like him... but never made any promises either way.

Really?

He's a talented guy who needs to keep his nose clean? True.

He hasn't received a new contract and is still out on the field. True.

Go ahead and point out where I was "wrong," Mock.

You're a sad guy, Mock. You spend your days on this board hoping the team will fail. You should really find better outlets, considering your situation. I can't imagine it's healthy for you to live with constant bitterness that this team is succeeding.

Spider
12-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Explain what?
That's the equivalent of at least 3.5 games worth of carries. Yet, the guy has had 2 100-yard game, and Moreno none.
When can we start looking at the problem instead of finding excuses to apologize for the guy?
You're right, it's not a difficult concept, is it?

How is it negative?
I'm looking at the facts, you're looking at meaningless hypotherical numbers that makes him look good.
And a more realistic number than your 1400 yards hypotherical one, is the fact that at this pace, Moreno is projected to run for 1032 yards this season. A far cry from your 1400 yards you're taking as a consolation prize for how you look at it.
We're not getting the production out of this guy that we should. That's all I'm saying.
Nobody in the right mind would look at those numbers and call it a superb season. Average season at best, if not below average...

Is it time for me to admit anything yet, or is the ball in your court?

Nice , dont mean much but nice ......... I remember Curtis Martin out rushing TD his rookie Year , both had around 1,100 yards that season give or take a few yards .......Basically rookie years are just that , time of mistakes and learning the game , what you have to watch is see how Moreno finishs his runs , and if he is getting better field vision ..... screw the yards on a rookie year ..........

watermock
12-09-2009, 12:26 AM
God, spin away.

We've won 2 games after going 0-4 against teams that have gone 1-10.

bowtown
12-09-2009, 12:32 AM
God, spin away.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Spider
12-09-2009, 12:33 AM
God, spin away.

Hi I am earth have we met yet ?

Popps
12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
God, spin away.

Again, Mock... it's just an unhealthy pastime for you. If you hate the team, just leave. Go do something that will make you happy. Clearly, the success of the Denver Broncos is not a source of happiness for you. Cool. No problem. Go find other outlets.

You're a miserable poster. You add nothing and only serve to (attempt to) piss on people's parades around here.

If you're so miserable with the team's success... just go away.

Popps
12-09-2009, 12:41 AM
What in the hell are you talking about?

I THINK he's saying that after Pitt/Balt beat us, they've struggled. After many years, I speak "Mock" better than most.

It's true, to an extent... though largely situational. Pitt/Balt played fantastic games against us, and have struggled to put it together since then. We had the misfortune of catching both of those teams in what were basically must-win games for them, while we were riding high.

There's very little to read into it, other than seasons ebb and flow. But, Mock being the miserable guy that he is... must find failure in every Broncos success.

watermock
12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
ok,the giant are 2-5 in the last 7. what are the chiefs?

watermock
12-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Again, Mock... it's just an unhealthy pastime for you. If you hate the team, just leave. Go do something that will make you happy. Clearly, the success of the Denver Broncos is not a source of happiness for you. Cool. No problem. Go find other outlets.

You're a miserable poster. You add nothing and only serve to (attempt to) piss on people's parades around here.

If you're so miserable with the team's success... just go away.

Don't ever tell me what to do. you just don't like me calling you on bullshiat.

watermock
12-09-2009, 12:55 AM
It's true, to an extent... though largely situational. Pitt/Balt played fantastic games against us, and have struggled to put it together since then. We had the misfortune of catching both of those teams in what were basically must-win games for them, while we were riding high.

Umm, don't both teams have must wins agin next week?

broncogary
12-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Just STFU Popps.

That reminds me. You haven't been posting mock's locks lately. :-/

Beantown Bronco
12-09-2009, 06:49 AM
Explain what?

Dude. Pop-Up books without words don't often go in with the goal of explaining things.

If 100 yard games are your only measuring stick for how good a RB is, then there's nothing that could possibly be explained to you that you'd understand.

Yup, I hate it when my RB puts up good numbers. It really taints what is actually happening out there.

Care to make a wager that he finishes closer to 1400 yds than 1000?

Below average? The guy is above the league average for RBs in EVERY meaningful statistical category. You are clearly an idiot.

houghtam
12-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Jake Plummer rushed for 44-283-2 (6.2) in 2002. We should have him starting over Moreno.

Oh wait, silly me. He didn't have any 100 yard games.

:welcome:

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Jake Plummer rushed for 44-283-2 (6.2) in 2002. We should have him starting over Moreno.

Oh wait, silly me. He didn't have any 100 yard games.

:welcome:
Who? This guy?
We want a FOOTball player, not a HANDball player! ;)
http://www.romanticrussianwomen.com/images/denver_bronco_jake_plummer.jpg

strafen
12-09-2009, 08:41 AM
You have yet to make a valid point. Denver is going to have a running back go over 1000 yards for the first time since 2006, barring an injury to Moreno. Denver is fortunate enough to have Moreno and Buckhalter in the backfield. Your asinine assertion is that because Moreno has not had a 100 yard game, he is a bad player. Moreno has had games where he gained 75, 85, 86, 88(x2), 90 and 97 yards. He is averaging 15 carries a game. Like other backs Denver has had in the past, the more you give it to him, the more he produces. You are knocking a rookie and automatically declaring him a bust because of some fantasy crush you have on Hillis. If Hillis was the answer, he would be playing.

:Broncos:Why you have to behave like a fag?
Debate without getting mad.
I know it's not that easy to keep civil even when you have been defeated, but give it a try.
Be a good loser, and admit I'm right and got a point.
Man up, and quit finding stupid lame stats and excuses to make Moreno look good. Don't accuse me of having a fantasy crush you ****ing retard, what is it that YOU are doing? You love Moreno? Are you gay?
Don't like people quaestioning your man?
That's what happen when you're single, huh?
Moreno is an average running back. Prove to me he isn't.
I posted he's on pace to run for 1032 yards. Is that something to brag about?
No, it's not. Is average, especially for a 1st round pick that is over-hyped and overrated.

vancejohnson82
12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Why you have to behave like a fag?
I know it's not that easy to keep civil even when you have been defeated, but give it a try.
Man up, and quit finding stupid lame stats and excuses to make Moreno look good. Don't accuse me of having a fantasy crush you ****ing retard, what is it that YOU are doing? You love Moreno? Are you gay?
No, it's not. Is average, especially for a 1st round pick that is over-hyped and overrated.

a first round pick....in his first year....splitting carries

strafen
12-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Dude. Pop-Up books without words don't often go in with the goal of explaining things.

If 100 yard games are your only measuring stick for how good a RB is, then there's nothing that could possibly be explained to you that you'd understand.

Yup, I hate it when my RB puts up good numbers. It really taints what is actually happening out there.

Care to make a wager that he finishes closer to 1400 yds than 1000?

Below average? The guy is above the league average for RBs in EVERY meaningful statistical category. You are clearly an idiot.Wow, somehow you found a way to refute my post.
How could I be right, and you be wrong even when the real stats and numbers that prove me right are slapping you right on your face?
Go forbid you look at it and realize that Moreno may not be what you hope he is?
100 yards may not be the only measuring stick for a RB, but when you have played 12 games and your back-up RB has had less carries and has managed to run for 100 yards not once but twice, both intances carrying the ball less than 14 time to achieve that goal, it is time to question Moreno's toughness and ability to run the ball.
Don't you think?
Have you thought about that?
Isn't it what I'm trying to point out to you?

baja
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Just STFU Popps.

I have been right about everything. ;D

Archer81
12-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Why you have to behave like a fag?

LOL. I am posting stats because that is what Moreno has done. No other rookie runner drafted in any round this year has the potential to crack 1000 yards. He gets pass protection, he knows his assignments. He is only going to get better. Im sorry the Broncos selected a player you dont like.

I also was not angry in my reply to you. For a man bitching about other people resorting to insults to refute an argument, for you to do the same when I have been civil to you is comical.

Grow up man.

vancejohnson82
12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Wow, somehow you found a way to refute my post.
How could I be right, and you be wrong even when the real stats and numbers that prove me right are slapping you right on your face?
Go forbid you look at it and realize that Moreno may not be what you hope he is?
100 yards may not be the only measuring stick for a RB, but when you have played 12 games and your back-up RB has had less carries and has managed to run for 100 yards not once but twice, both intances carrying the ball less than 14 time to achieve that goal, it is time to question Moreno's toughness and ability to run the ball.
Don't you think?

Buckhalter is not a backup RB....its a running back by committee approach (RBBC)...

maybe watch football sometime....or even your own team which has been using this approach since 2006

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow, somehow you found a way to refute my post.
Don't you think?
Wow, you have exceeded the dumbness of dirt!
http://taylorhicksgirlfriend.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/captain-obvious-oh-you-have-an-opinion-copy.jpg

strafen
12-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Wow, you have exceeded the dumbness of dirt!
http://taylorhicksgirlfriend.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/captain-obvious-oh-you-have-an-opinion-copy.jpg

That was very profound.
I'm lost for words...

Beantown Bronco
12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm lost for words...

Hey guys.........looks like Christmas came early this year!

strafen
12-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Hey guys.........looks like Christmas came early this year!

Was it you who wanted to wage on Moreno being closer to 1400 yards than 1032 yards THIS SEASON?
I was busy yesterday. I remember reading the post...

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Oh great, internet wagers based off pissing contests ... ::forehead slap::

Cito Pelon
12-10-2009, 10:27 AM
The tools doubting Moreno are the same emotional fools that were saying McDaniels was a disaster.

This is true, and should be marked for emphasis.

I guess bagging on Moreno is the fallback position attempting to compensate for their lack of efficacy making their previous negative points in 2009.

Moreno is actually pretty good. The more I see of him, the better I like him.

He has a lot to learn still, but Peyton Hillis loves him so that should put the entire matter to rest.

errand
12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
What really kills me is these clowns were wrong about McDaniels....

They were wrong about Orton.....They have been wrong on nearly every issue debated on here....and now we're to believe they know what they're talking about when it comes to who should be carrying the rock?

rastaman
12-10-2009, 03:45 PM
That was very profound.
I'm lost for words...

Don't sweat it! By now you can see you're dealing with small minded children that think in pictures.ROFL!

rastaman
12-10-2009, 03:59 PM
What really kills me is these clowns were wrong about McDaniels....

They were wrong about Orton.....They have been wrong on nearly every issue debated on here....and now we're to believe they know what they're talking about when it comes to who should be carrying the rock?

You and your Merry-Band-of-Idiots have been wrong about "Hillis" all season long! And would look awfully stupid if Hilis left Denver and becomes a huge game changing contributor that another team could use and appreciate his talents.

Whats amazing here is you Hillis haters are more concerned about Hillis out performing Moreno and C-Buck, despite the possibility Hillis could provide the impact and spark that Moreno and C-Buck are not providing. If Hillis's performance leds to Bronco wins over the next 4 games....who cares if Hillis is taking carries away from another RB(s) who aren't performing from week to week.

I want to see Hillis often and early if he's the difference maker with helping to move the offense on Sunday against the Colts and Moreno and C-Buck can't get their act together. Also, I definitely want to see Hillis over both Moreno and C-Buck on short tough yardage situations ALL DAY on Sunday and dam for sure on the goal line situations.

The Broncos will look awfully stupid if Mor-CBuck aren't picking up the short tough yardage or scoring on the goal line against the Colts while Peyton is on the sidelines with a clean uniform.

BigPlayShay
12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Mor-CBuck

I think Buckhareno sounds better. Or maybe McBuckhareno.

houghtam
12-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I want to see Hillis often and early if he's the difference maker with helping to move the offense on Sunday against the Colts and Moreno and C-Buck can't get their act together. Also, I definitely want to see Hillis over both Moreno and C-Buck on short tough yardage situations ALL DAY on Sunday and dam for sure on the goal line situations.

To your bolded statements -

1 - That's the problem with your argument. We don't think he's the difference maker you make him out to be.

2 - I already posted stats about 20 pages back that proved Hillis isn't any more productive on third down or short yardage than Moreno was.

Archer81
12-10-2009, 04:14 PM
On 3rd and short (courtesy of ESPN.com), Moreno has 16 carries for 82 yards, a 5.1 average. On 3rd and medium: 4 car, 2 yards. .50 a yard a carry.

Buckhalter on 3rd and short: 2 carries for 4 yards. 2.0 average. Buck on 3rd and Med: 3 carries, -3 yards. -1 a carry.

Hillis on 3rd and short: 1 carry, 0 yards...Hillis on 3rd and medium, 2 carries 19 yards, 9.5 average.

Yes I know, more faggy stats. But its not my fault some people hate facts.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
On 3rd and short (courtesy of ESPN.com), Moreno has 16 carries for 82 yards, a 5.1 average. On 3rd and medium: 4 car, 2 yards. .50 a yard a carry.

Buckhalter on 3rd and short: 2 carries for 4 yards. 2.0 average. Buck on 3rd and Med: 3 carries, -3 yards. -1 a carry.

Hillis on 3rd and short: 1 carry, 0 yards...Hillis on 3rd and medium, 2 carries 19 yards, 9.5 average.

Yes I know, more faggy stats. But its not my fault some people hate facts.

Do you know about statistical sampling? Particularly sample sizing?

Popps
12-10-2009, 04:24 PM

-1st round selection
-Up for 3rd rookie of the week award
-Starter as rookie
-Cog on 8-4 team

There's some tangible evidence that he's above average, or certainly on his way.

Now, you go and and provide...

1. Proof that Moreno is "average." (Hint, this will be impossible since you have less than one full NFL season to pull from.)

2. Proof that Hillis is above average. (If he is, why did two great offensive coaches bench him, why haven't we traded him for a high pick, etc.)

3. Proof that Hillis is on the bench because of non-football, conspiracy-related issues.

Again, you're the one telling the rest of the NFL world that the earth is flat.

Prove the earth is flat.

Show us the conspiracy?

Get it? THE REST OF THE WORLD isn't the crazy guy ranting on a message board... YOU are.

So, if YOU want to prove all conventional, logical reasoning wrong... it's your job to do so.

You don't make a statement... "we didn't land on the moon," and then expect the rest of the world to prove you wrong. That's an idiotic statement, so it's up to YOU to provide proof of your theory that goes against a mountain of evidence and popular opinion.

So... more time proving your conspiracy, less time name-calling.

K?

Archer81
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Yes.

If you have a problem with the statistics, write ESPN a letter about how they present the stat.

Stats continually prove that Moreno is getting a bulk of the work and thriving with it, and the things he is criticized for (lack of tough running, going down on the first hit, lack of 100 yard games) has been continually disproved.

This leaves the question, why is a talented player like Hillis sitting on the bench and not taking more of a role in the offense? Its not physical, so it must be mental, where this coaching staff trusts a rookie to handle the bulk of the run game and not a 2nd year vet.

Popps
12-10-2009, 04:26 PM
You and your Merry-Band-of-Idiots have been wrong about "Hillis" all season long! And would look awfully stupid if Hilis left Denver .

Wait, so... you're telling someone that they're wrong, based on what you think MIGHT happen IF he went to another team?

:spit:

And you're calling other people idiots?

cutthemdown
12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Was it you who wanted to wage on Moreno being closer to 1400 yards than 1032 yards THIS SEASON?
I was busy yesterday. I remember reading the post...

average as in avg for all NFL RBS. Or avg as in avg starting RB? I think he is a slightly above avg starting RB. If he is durable then its a good pick. He can be a 1200 4 plus per carry 10 td type IMO.

houghtam
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM

I'm not going to re-post my stats from way back in the thread. They include every carry for both players up through week 11, aaaaaand they're both roughly the same. No idea where the notion of Hillis as an unstoppable force on short yardage came from, but if he is, so is Moreno.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm not going to re-post my stats from way back in the thread. They include every carry for both players up through week 11, aaaaaand they're both roughly the same. No idea where the notion of Hillis as an unstoppable force on short yardage came from, but if he is, so is Moreno.

Interesting. So Hillis is at least as good as Moreno on third downs?

cutthemdown
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
moreno imo needs a couple big runs in a big game to make Rasta and the other fans who really don't know what is important.

I am very impressed with his blocking.

Popps
12-10-2009, 04:33 PM

It's not our fault that Hillis can't crack a starting line-up long enough to have a larger sample size.

Again, prove the conspiracy.

Shanahan left him in reserve until forced to give him carries.

McDaniels is keeping him in reserve.

If he earned more carries, we'd have a larger sample size. This is coming from a guy (me) who claimed he was our best RB option last last season. (Which he was.) He looks talented to me. But, we have a problem when he has a rep for not taking coaching well, and two great coaches seem to validate that notion.

As I said to the other dude... the burden isn't on those siding with reason.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Prove a conspiracy?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1769/funhousemirror08090010.jpg

I just believe that the guy merits more carries based on what he's shown on the field. Houghtam showed that Hillis compares with Moreno where third downs are concerned. That alone should merit some notice.

I don't know anything about any "conspiracy."

Lev Vyvanse
12-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I never imagined you with white hair Taco.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I never imagined you with white hair Taco.

ROFL!

I shouldn't laugh too much. I've found a rackin fracken strand or two lately...

Archer81
12-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Prove a conspiracy?

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1769/funhousemirror08090010.jpg

I just believe that the guy merits more carries based on what he's shown on the field. Houghtam showed that Hillis compares with Moreno where third downs are concerned. That alone should merit some notice.

OMG...gollum does exist...

houghtam
12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Interesting. So Hillis is at least as good as Moreno on third downs?

Maybe so. But as I posted in another reply, no reason to replace a player at a position that needs repitition nearly as much as the QB? If 1 and 2 are getting it done, why make it 1-2-3?

I think it does more harm than good.

go_broncos
12-10-2009, 04:56 PM
We need Hillis to play to have a chance against Indy.

Moreno and Buck will not work against fast indy defense.

Archer81
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM

:oyvey:

Popps
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
I just believe that the guy merits more carries based on what he's shown on the field.

Taco,

You've stated in no uncertain terms that "Shanahan got more out of" Hillis.

(82 rushing yards through 11 weeks in 08.)

So, now you're claiming that he's deserved of more carries based on "what he's shown."

Before running in scrub-time last week, he had 4 carries and one fumble.

If you're claiming you have information that McDaniels is benching him for non-football reasons, prove it.

Otherwise, the rest of the NFL planet will assume that two great offensive-minded coaches made a decision to keep him in reserve based on football analysis.

The conspiracy aspect of this comes from your buddy who's claiming Hillis is on the bench to the detriment of the team.

He hasn't shown anything on the field this year.

So, again.. the onus isn't on the rest of us.

Taco John
12-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Taco,

You've stated in no uncertain terms that "Shanahan got more out of" Hillis.

(82 rushing yards through 11 weeks in 08.)

Hahaha! You don't even pretend not to be a fun house mirror! "82 yards through 11 weeks" while completely ignoring the weeks he was actually starting! ROFL! I love it!

But your right. I did state in no uncertain terms that "Shanahan got more out of Hillis." I'm not sure how that can even be in contention (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2671038).

Popps
12-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Hahaha! You don't even pretend not to be a fun house mirror! "82 yards through 11 weeks" while completely ignoring the weeks he was actually starting! ROFL! I love it! .

Hey goofball, YOU were the one that made the statement.

When you made the statement (11 weeks in) ... Shanahan had gotten a whopping 82 total yards out of him on the ground.

Beyond that, if Shanahan was such a huge fan of Hillis, why was he buried on the depth chart? He carried the ball plenty in college. Shanahan has an eye for RBs, as does Turner.

Why was he buried behind other runners? Why were we choosing to grab dudes off of the PS instead of him?

Shanahan "got more out of" Hillis when he had absolutely no other choice.

Then, he got a massive 350 rushing yards on the season and one 100 yard game.

So, after a massively successful season like that, Josh McDaniels chose not to make Hillis a starting RB after going through camp with him.

Once again, the onus falls on you to prove that it's not football-related.

The Joker
12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
You'll forgive me for not reading the entire thread, but one thing that has to be a positive is that Hillis was active ahead of Jordan last Sunday.

Maybe he's starting to get it together in regards to his comfort with the playbook, if that's the case then he could be a very useful additional weapon late in the season.

Long term I think he and Knowshon could be a great 1-2 punch.

mhgaffney
12-10-2009, 07:54 PM
We should use a fresh back each set of downs.

Use Hillis straight ahead -- right up the gut.

Then bring in Buck and Moreno.

houghtam
12-10-2009, 10:16 PM

We should sign 60 running backs and run a separate one every play. Who cares when experts say running back is a position where you need repitition?

bowtown
12-10-2009, 10:27 PM

Right and McD = Jim Zorn... thanks for all you bring.

baja
12-10-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow this thread has gone 37 pages, amazing!!

strafen
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
It's not our fault that Hillis can't crack a starting line-up long enough to have a larger sample size.

Again, prove the conspiracy.

Shanahan left him in reserve until forced to give him carries.

McDaniels is keeping him in reserve.

If he earned more carries, we'd have a larger sample size. This is coming from a guy (me) who claimed he was our best RB option last last season. (Which he was.) He looks talented to me. But, we have a problem when he has a rep for not taking coaching well, and two great coaches seem to validate that notion.

As I said to the other dude... the burden isn't on those siding with reason.Have you ever seen Hillis performance hindered by him not taking coaching well?
Did you know he was coming off a big injury?
Do you remember McDaniels had signed 3 running backs in the off season plus Moreno who we drafted?
J.J. Arrington, Buckhalter, Lamar Jordan, plus the remaining backs we've had from 2008.
Those guys mentioned above were his guys, those were the guys he was going to give a first crack at making his roster to play his system.
Perhaps McDaniels felt Hillis wasn't a fit for his system, perhaps he wanted to see Hillis being 100% healthy and didn't want to take a chance, who knows?
The season took off without Hillis being in his plan to run his new offense (new to us) and so far he has stuck with what's been working for him.
Sorta like if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Still, with McDaniels having his guys in place, he didn't show much urgency in bringing Hillis into the line-up. May be he thought we didn't need him, but to say otherwise that it was because of coaching and playbook study is ridiculous.

One more time. What conspiracy is it that you're talking about?
Define the conspiracy you're referring to everyday...

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Wow this thread has gone 37 pages, amazing!!
Yes, "amazing" indeed ...

http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/image.php?u=33&dateline=1241457121

Popps
12-11-2009, 10:26 AM
Have you ever seen Hillis performance hindered by him not taking coaching well?.

It's a working theory with circumstantial evidence... much more than you've provided for your earth is flat campaign.

Do you remember McDaniels had signed 3 running backs in the off season plus Moreno who we drafted?
J.J. Arrington, Buckhalter, Lamar Jordan, plus the remaining backs we've had from 2008.
Those guys mentioned above were his guys, those were the guys he was going to give a first crack at making his roster to play his system.
Perhaps McDaniels felt Hillis wasn't a fit for his system, perhaps he wanted to see Hillis being 100% healthy and didn't want to take a chance, who knows?

Yea, well... Shanahan didn't want him as a starting RB, either. He was grabbing guys off the local UPS docks and cell phone stores before finally being forced to start Hillis.

One more time. What conspiracy is it that you're talking about?
Define the conspiracy you're referring to everyday...

Simple.

You've insisted that McDaniels is purposely hurting his own team. (Or is an idiot.) He's KNOWINGLY benching the "more talented" player. Shanahan must be in on it, too.

The rest of the world can handle the simple reality of the workplace. You don't seem to be able to.

So, again... it's on YOU to prove all of this. Not the rest of us to prove your hair-brained theory incorrect.

SJ Bronco
12-11-2009, 10:30 AM

:twitch::twitch::notthissh

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
moreno imo needs a couple big runs in a big game to make Rasta and the other fans who really don't know what is important.

I am very impressed with his blocking.

Hillis needs to be given the opportunity to pick up the tough yards i.e pick up 3rd and short to keep the offense on the field and to sustain drives which will hopefully end in 3 points or 7 points. Running the ball will after all keep Manning off the field as much as possible.

Now Cutty, the agruement has always been if Moreno or C-Buck can't convert 3rd and short!....Then why not give Peyton a shot of getting the running attack going and playing an important role with getting the tough yardage??? A short yardage of lets say 3rd and 3 or 1 for Peyton could mean Hillis rip of 10-20 yard runs. That would be absolutely huge! when you consider had the Colts had Denver in short yardage.

Who knows, pounding away with Hillis could also jump start Moreno and C-Bucks production later on in the game or perhaps thru out the game. Hillis receiving ability would greatly relieve pressure on Orton as well, whild providing mis-matches for the Colts.

So Cutty......If Moreno and C-Buck ain't getting it done and as a result our offense is doing 3 downs and punt! I don't want to see Hillis on the sidelines with a CLEAN UNIFORM!!!

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
It's a working theory with circumstantial evidence... much more than you've provided for your earth is flat campaign.

Yea, well... Shanahan didn't want him as a starting RB, either. He was grabbing guys off the local UPS docks and cell phone stores before finally being forced to start Hillis.

Simple.

You've insisted that McDaniels is purposely hurting his own team. (Or is an idiot.) He's KNOWINGLY benching the "more talented" player. Shanahan must be in on it, too.

The rest of the world can handle the simple reality of the workplace. You don't seem to be able to.

So, again... it's on YOU to prove all of this. Not the rest of us to prove your hair-brained theory incorrect.

Hey Pops.....I don't want to see Hillis standing on the sidelines in a clean uniform, while Moreno and C-Buck are not helping this offense out with converting 3rd and short or helping to MOVE the offense.

If your BOY's Moreno and C-Buck are keeping Denver in the game against Indy...then fine----keep Hillis and his uniform CLEAN.

Beantown Bronco
12-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Hey Pops.....I don't want to see Hillis standing on the sidelines in a clean uniform, while Moreno and C-Buck are not helping this offense out with converting 3rd and short or helping to MOVE the offense.

People act as if it happens every week, but It's been a long time since Moreno was stuffed on a 3rd and 1.

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
:twitch::twitch::notthissh

Oh well....come Sunday we will see whether Moreno-CBuck can get the job done! If they can't! McD had better not leave Peyton on the GOD DAMNED sidelines and not play him.

Okay twitch-twitch Notthiscrap!!!!!!LOL

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
a first round pick....in his first year....splitting carries

Why is Moreno splitting carries?????

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:22 PM
To your bolded statements -

1 - That's the problem with your argument. We don't think he's the difference maker you make him out to be.

Just put Hillis in the came and allow him to contribute in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd quaters with the first team OFFENSE!

2 - I already posted stats about 20 pages back that proved Hillis isn't any more productive on third down or short yardage than Moreno was.

Once again, the fans haven't been given the opportunity to SEE what Hillis can do with the first team offense. Screw PRACTICE---SCREW the Depth chart mind games! The month of December will have playoff implications and the AFC west title on the line.

McD needs to throw the "Three-headed-Monster" of Hillis, Moreno, and
C-Buck at teams we will be facing during the month of December and JANUARY; and let the chips fall where they may.

ENOUGH SAID!

OABB
12-11-2009, 01:25 PM
Once again, the fans haven't been given the opportunity to SEE what Hillis can do with the first team offense. Screw PRACTICE---SCREW the Depth chart mind games! The month of December will have playoff implications and the AFC west title on the line.

C-Buck at teams we will be facing during the month of December and JANUARY; and let the chips fall where they may.

ENOUGH SAID!

you should totally coach for the broncos Rasta. Your awesomeness is inspiring.

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Right and McD = Jim Zorn... thanks for all you bring.

McD may = Jon Gruden! Who the hell knows!!:sunshine:

rastaman
12-11-2009, 01:34 PM
you should totally coach for the broncos Rasta. Your awesomeness is inspiring.

Well man, I've gone out on the limb for Peyton Hillis (he didn't ask me do this) and should Hillis screw up or not get the job done, the gates of hell will open up by my esteemed colleagues on the OM to let me know how wrong I was. But hey I don't mind at all, I just want to see us lose or win with the best personnel on the field.

However, I believe Hillis is the real deal and can be a difference maker for the Broncos. Whats wrong with making opposing Def. Coord. having to contend with Moreno-C-Buck and Hillis? I like our odds if this should ever become a reality.

Besides our running game is key to having a chance with defeating the Colts b/c running the ball keeps Manning on the sidelines.

OABB
12-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Well man, I've gone out on the limb for Peyton Hillis (he didn't ask me do this) and should Hillis screw up or not get the job done, the gates of hell will open up by my esteemed colleagues on the OM to let me know how wrong I was. But hey I don't mind at all, I just want to see us lose or win with the best personnel on the field.

However, I believe Hillis is the real deal and can be a difference maker for the Broncos. Whats wrong with making opposing Def. Coord. having to contend with Moreno-C-Buck and Hillis? I like our odds if this should ever become a reality.

Besides our running game is key to having a chance with defeating the Colts b/c running the ball keeps Manning on the sidelines.

and than when we let you know how wrong you were, I imagine you will eat crow like a man? or wine like rastaman.....oh my god, this IS rastaman. whoops my bad. nevermind.

baja
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
38 pages for a 3rd/4th string RB that has 4 touches and some clean up work really amazing.

rastaman
12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
and than when we let you know how wrong you were, I imagine you will eat crow like a man? or wine like rastaman.....oh my god, this IS rastaman. whoops my bad. nevermind.

Will all you Peyton deniers do the same?? Meh!....Never mind.8')

orange 4 life
12-11-2009, 09:31 PM
THIRTY EIGHT PAGES and Popps is STILL trying to make the same arguments from page one!!

More power to you my friend, and VERY glad you're still here. Your patience is amazing.

I of course didn't read the entire thread, but the original points are the same all these posts later.

Hillis looks like a starting caliber back when he plays, including mop up duty last week.
Hillis ABSOLUTELY appears to be the best option in short yardage, which is an area we've struggled with MIGHTILY, though it has been marginally improved in the last few games.
Hillis was buried on the depth chart last season and is buried again this year, despite having different coaching staffs.

THAT is what makes Popps' original post interesting info.
If there is some conspiracy, I'm sure not seeing it, especially given the change in the staff.

There MUST be something FOOTBALL RELATED that we're not seeing, though I do wish we knew what it was.
If nothing else I'd sure like to see him in the red zone and short yardage.

Are we 38 pages HERE because no one wants to talk about facing Indy? LOL

Given our recent history with them I guess I understand.

Anyone remember the FIRST game against them in 2005?

Here's to hoping we can play that type of aggressive unpredictable defense, 'cause God knows we HAVEN'T in any games with them since then!!

Jake

P.S.- GO BRONCOS!!! :Broncos:

baja
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Jake we are flat going to beat Indy

BTW Dec 7th was 16 years one day at a time. ;D

watermock
12-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Denver will lose to Indy and win against O and KC, it will likely go down to common opponets.

A Dallas win coupled with a Denver win would almost give denver the 3 seed.

Dagmar
12-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Denver will lose to Indy and win against O and KC, it will likely go down to common opponets.

A Dallas win coupled with a Denver win would almost give denver the 3 seed.

So we will beat the Faid and KC, just like the Steelers beat the Browns.

watermock
12-12-2009, 12:01 AM
If we don't beat KC and Oakland at home, we dont belong anyway.

watermock
12-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Denver's line is very good.

Dagmar
12-12-2009, 12:13 AM
If we don't beat KC and Oakland at home, we dont belong anyway.

True, I agree with that. I am just getting annoyed at the current "guaranteed 2 wins" that people are talking about. Oakland and Buffalo were the same a year ago.

houghtam
12-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Hillis ABSOLUTELY appears to be the best option in short yardage, If nothing else I'd sure like to see him in the red zone and short yardage.

Stats prove he's no better than Moreno on third down and short yardage.

For the fifth time.

HAT
12-12-2009, 03:17 PM

For the fifth time.

Yeah but...Why bother with stats when you can go by what "appears" to be the case? :thumbs:

errand
12-12-2009, 04:26 PM
You and your Merry-Band-of-Idiots have been wrong about "Hillis" all season long!

How are we wrong? Nobody on here has argued he CAN'T do the job. All that we've done is give food for thought as to why he's not getting gameday reps, and why he should not be playing in front of Moreno or Buckhalter.

And would look awfully stupid if Hilis left Denver and becomes a huge game changing contributor that another team could use and appreciate his talents.

How would we look stupid? Despite what you might think, we have no control over who plays for Denver. Please though humor us with the long list of teams that he'd START for....

Whats amazing here is you Hillis haters are more concerned about Hillis out performing Moreno and C-Buck, despite the possibility Hillis could provide the impact and spark that Moreno and C-Buck are not providing.

This again is where you're warped mind fails you...we don't care WHO carries the rock as long as they get the job done. If Hillis earns the starting job, then we will cheer him with the same gusto as we do the guys you bash on a regular basis.

If Hillis's performance leds to Bronco wins over the next 4 games....who cares if Hillis is taking carries away from another RB(s) who aren't performing from week to week.

I agree...so why then are you bitching about the two guys playing in front of him after they rushed for a combined 199 yards in a 44-13 win over a hated division rival?

Moreno averages 5.1 yards per carry on 3rd and short....oh, and on 4th and short, he's averaging 9.0 yards per carry

The Broncos will look awfully stupid if Mor-CBuck aren't picking up the short tough yardage or scoring on the goal line against the Colts while Peyton is on the sidelines with a clean uniform.

If Peyton Hillis is standing on the sidelines without stains on his uniform then it'll be because he's not impressed the coaching staff, no matter how much you pine for him....but hopefully he'll get some more garbage time carries because that'll mean we're winning big time.

In bold

Bronco Yoda
12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Jake we are flat going to beat Indy

BTW Dec 7th was 16 years one day at a time. ;D

Congrats Baja. Now that's a TRUE VICTORY!

errand
12-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Hillis on 3rd and medium, 2 carries 19 yards, 9.5 average.

Wow, you mean he averages over 9 yards per carry on a typical passing down? I wonder if the defense is looking for a pass vs run on short and medium (6-7 yards)

Bronco Yoda
12-12-2009, 04:41 PM

For the fifth time.

And you think stats prove everything? Seriously? Is this what FF has done to us?

If one RB generally gets the ball outside the 10 yard line and another generally gets it on the 1 yard line. Guess who's going to have a better avg. See what this one example implies here?

Get what I'm saying here. Stats are useful but not the whole picture.

errand
12-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Hillis needs to be given the opportunity to pick up the tough yards i.e pick up 3rd and short to keep the offense on the field and to sustain drives which will hopefully end in 3 points or 7 points. Running the ball will after all keep Manning off the field as much as possible.Now Cutty, the agruement has always been if Moreno or C-Buck can't convert 3rd and short!....

What part of Moreno averages 5.1 yards PER CARRY on 3rd and short do you refuse to understand?

Then why not give Peyton a shot of getting the running attack going and playing an important role with getting the tough yardage??? A short yardage of lets say 3rd and 3 or 1 for Peyton could mean Hillis rip of 10-20 yard runs. That would be absolutely huge! when you consider had the Colts had Denver in short yardage.

Hillis on 3rd and short (0-2 yards) has 1 solitary carry for 0....that's ZERO yards. He does however, seem to gain alot of yards on 3rd and medium (4-7 yards, when opposing teams are generally looking for a pass.....and draw plays are usually successful.

Who knows, pounding away with Hillis could also jump start Moreno and C-Bucks production later on in the game or perhaps thru out the game. Hillis receiving ability would greatly relieve pressure on Orton as well, whild providing mis-matches for the Colts.

Both Buckhalter and Moreno can pound away...and catch the ball as well, Buckhalter has proven it over the course of his career, and Moreno has proven it this year as well.

So Cutty......If Moreno and C-Buck ain't getting it done and as a result our offense is doing 3 downs and punt! I don't want to see Hillis on the sidelines with a CLEAN UNIFORM!!!

The problem you have here is that they ARE getting it done

In BOLD

Popps
12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Wow, a simple thread started to offer a little insight on a fairly obvious situation about a 4th string RB, and we're going to easily top 1000 posts.

errand
12-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Why is Moreno splitting carries?????

...perhaps for the same reason Hillis isn't getting any carries.....he hasn't earned them

errand
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM

ENOUGH SAID!

Just because your 3 headed monster works well on Madden in rookie mode, doesn't translate to success in the real NFL.

rastaman
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Just because your 3 headed monster works well on Madden in rookie mode, doesn't translate to success in the real NFL.

Point you fail to realize with this entire argument here.....you and your cohorts win the day SHOULD Moreno and C-Buck show up against the the Colts!!!!

However, should Mor-Buck not get the job done against Indy the team shouldn't suffer for the lack of rushing attack w/o giving Hillis a shot with the first team offense.

Fair enough!:pimp:

rastaman
12-12-2009, 09:22 PM
...perhaps for the same reason Hillis isn't getting any carries.....he hasn't earned them

Or could it be that McD is playing FAVORITES!!!! Remember the best way to hide the fact that a player can play...is simple DON'T PLAY THE PLAYER!!

That way you have the lame argument that you and your ILK are spewing. After all, you can't expect anyone to win the 100 yard dash with a ball n chain around their ankle----RIGHT!

When it comes to Hillis and his performance or opportunities with the first team offense or lack thereof.......McD could prove to be Hillis's BALL N CHAIN.

rastaman
12-12-2009, 09:59 PM
In bold

Originally Posted by rastaman
You and your Merry-Band-of-Idiots have been wrong about "Hillis" all season long!

How are we wrong? Nobody on here has argued he CAN'T do the job. All that we've done is give food for thought as to why he's not getting gameday reps, and why he should not be playing in front of Moreno or Buckhalter.

Errand no one said Hillis should be STARTING ahead of More-Buck! Hillis needs to be a change of pace as well as a contributor! Especially if More-Buck are struggling. Why not allow Hillis to give the running game a spark?

And would look awfully stupid if Hilis left Denver and becomes a huge game changing contributor that another team could use and appreciate his talents.

How would we look stupid? Despite what you might think, we have no control over who plays for Denver. Please though humor us with the long list of teams that he'd START for....

Please Errand.....if you were honest you'd admit our running attack at times has struggled and not gotten the job done. Also, C-Buck is running on a Gimpy Knee all year and hasn't really earned a starting job b/c of his injuries and missed games already this season. Hillis could have stepped in and played well during C-Bucks absences....we all know that

Whats amazing here is you Hillis haters are more concerned about Hillis out performing Moreno and C-Buck, despite the possibility Hillis could provide the impact and spark that Moreno and C-Buck are not providing.

This again is where you're warped mind fails you...we don't care WHO carries the rock as long as they get the job done. If Hillis earns the starting job, then we will cheer him with the same gusto as we do the guys you bash on a regular basis.

Once again this is where you fail miserably b/c no one has called for Hillis to be the STARTER period. The Hillis supporters have only advocated that he should get the opportunity to contribute with the FIRST TEAM offense along with Moreno and C-Buck (when he's available)! I don't think we can win against Indy w/o the contributions of Hillis. Now I could be wrong....but if Hillis is kept on the Bench against Indy that isn't to say that Hillis could not have had a good game against the Colts. It means he just wasn't given the opportunity to show what he can do. Remember, should Moreno and or C-Buck get the Job done running the ball, case closed....Hillis wasn't needed. But then the question is, could Hillis have been used as a receiver out of the back field???

If Hillis's performance leads to Bronco wins over the next 4 games....who cares if Hillis is taking carries away from another RB(s) who aren't performing from week to week.

I agree...so why then are you b****ing about the two guys playing in front of him after they rushed for a combined 199 yards in a 44-13 win over a hated division rival?

Moreno averages 5.1 yards per carry on 3rd and short....oh, and on 4th and short, he's averaging 9.0 yards per carry

Hillis and C-Buck have struggled in the short yardage during the season against stout Defenses....plain and simple. However, we don't know how Hillis would have performed against teams with stout Defenses b/c he hasn't been given the chance. I contend should Moreno-Buckhalter return to struggling against good defenses, Hillis should be used as a change of pace. Who knows, Hillis could jump start the running attack and the passing attack.

If Peyton Hillis is standing on the sidelines without stains on his uniform then it'll be because he's not impressed the coaching staff, no matter how much you pine for him....but hopefully he'll get some more garbage time carries because that'll mean we're winning big time.

So are you saying the coaching staff is impressed when the Moreno-CBuck aren't getting the job done......and yet see fit to keep Peyton on the bench as well. If the coaching staff want results from the running corp over the next 4 games, they had better not stand idly by while C-Buck and Moreno aren't getting the job done; while not giving Hillis an opportunity to contribute with the first team offense.

By the way, why do try and insult Hillis with the "Garbage Time Bull Crap"! Hillis made the best of the situation given to him by a questionable Coaching Staff. Its not Hillis's fault when he gets into the game. And its not Hillis's fault if KC took their starters out of the game....CORRECT!

errand
12-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Or could it be that McD is playing FAVORITES!!!! Remember the best way to hide the fact that a player can play...is simple DON'T PLAY THE PLAYER!!

That way you have the lame argument that you and your ILK are spewing. After all, you can't expect anyone to win the 100 yard dash with a ball n chain around their ankle----RIGHT!

When it comes to Hillis and his performance or opportunities with the first team offense or lack thereof.......McD could prove to be Hillis's BALL N CHAIN.

Here you go Taco, and dragster69's Hillis...this is the "conspiracy" theory Popps is talking about. Here is a poster who believes that McDaniels is keeping Hillis on the bench for a reason that has nothing to do with X's and O's and everything with a coach just keeping a more talented RB on the bench for personal reasons/agenda

OK, rastaman...you believe McDaniels is doing with a personal reason as his motive.....that he's intentionally harming the team by not playing the allegedly more talented Hillis.

NOW PROVE IT!

errand
12-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Errand no one said Hillis should be STARTING ahead of More-Buck! Hillis needs to be a change of pace as well as a contributor! Especially if More-Buck are struggling. Why not allow Hillis to give the running game a spark?

Bull****...several posters on here have said that Moreno hasn't proven to be a good RB (dragster69's hillis), not worth where he was selected (watermock), etc...and that Hillis is a five tool player (Taco John) wasting away on the bench.

If they truly didn't think he should be the starter, then why would you bitch about the 3rd or 4th RB not getting enough carries?

Archer81
12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
This thread amazes me. Moreno and Buckhalter are the guys. Not that difficult a concept to accept. Hillis not taking more a role in the offense says more about him than about McDaniels.

There is no conspiracy. There is no favoritism, and on the part of some a pure disregard for reality. All this attention focused on a 4th string HB and a 2nd string FB...come on now.

Bronco Yoda
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
We need to run straight at the Colts. Punch this fast D on a fast surface right in the mouth.

errand
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Please Errand.....if you were honest you'd admit our running attack at times has struggled and not gotten the job done. Also, C-Buck is running on a Gimpy Knee all year and hasn't really earned a starting job b/c of his injuries and missed games already this season. Hillis could have stepped in and played well during C-Bucks absences....we all know that

Has our RB's not gotten the job done...or is the OL that has failed us?

The following stats are courtesy of NFL.com team stats, offensive line.....

When running the ball on 3rd or 4th down and short (0-2 yards), and 1st and 2nd down goal line attempts (0-2 yards) the Broncos.....

[] have done a poor job in the center of the line converting only 33% of those attempts (31st in NFL) for 1st downs or TD's. However if this means Moreno and Buckhalter suck, then LaDainlian Tomlimson and the Chargers suck even more as he and his buddies rank 32nd.

[] Have done a pretty good job of running left (69%) and right (78%)however, as they rank 13th and 5th respectively in the NFL

Oh, and for those like dragster who keep claiming Moreno gets stopped for "lot's of" negative rushes.....as a team the Broncos have only had 25 of 342 attempts go for a loss...which is a mere 7% of our rushing attempts.

Keep in mind this includes ALL players who have had a rushing attempt...and QB kneel downs.

SJ Bronco
12-13-2009, 12:01 AM
This thread amazes me. Moreno and Buckhalter are the guys. Not that difficult a concept to accept. Hillis not taking more a role in the offense says more about him than about McDaniels.

There is no conspiracy. There is no favoritism, and on the part of some a pure disregard for reality. All this attention focused on a 4th string HB and a 2nd string FB...come on now.

:deadhorse Your fighting a losing battle. The 3rd string RB not getting more carries is the reason we will lose tomorrow. Just accept it. Save you Reality for someone who will listen.

strafen
12-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Here you go Taco, and dragster69's Hillis...this is the "conspiracy" theory Popps is talking about. Here is a poster who believes that McDaniels is keeping Hillis on the bench for a reason that has nothing to do with X's and O's and everything with a coach just keeping a more talented RB on the bench for personal reasons/agenda

OK, rastaman...you believe McDaniels is doing with a personal reason as his motive.....that he's intentionally harming the team by not playing the allegedly more talented Hillis.

NOW PROVE IT!So, then what's the reason?
Are you going to tell everybody here that Hillis is not playing due to performance issues?
The guy is too good of a weapon to be left on the bench, and you know it, so stop playing stupid here...

errand
12-13-2009, 12:18 AM
So, then what's the reason?
Are you going to tell everybody here that Hillis is not playing due to performance issues?
The guy is too good of a weapon to be left on the bench, and you know it, so stop playing stupid here...

It's my belief that Moreno and Buckhalter are just plain better than he is overall....and that's why he's not getting the number of carries you're whining about.

strafen
12-13-2009, 12:18 AM
From ESPN:The Colts' defense is at its best in goal-to-go situations (the best in the league, in fact), while the Broncos' offense is at its worst in goal-to-go situations (28th in the league).Yup, we're fine with Moreno "pounding" the ball in goal-to-go situations.
Guys, stats don't lie.
What we have at RB is not getting the job done when it matters the most.
End of story...

strafen
12-13-2009, 12:23 AM
It's my belief that Moreno and Buckhalter are just plain better than he is overall....and that's why he's not getting the number of carries you're whining about.What a joke.
I didn't know Hillis was that bad.
Wow, he's actually that terrible to be outdone by an overrated-overhyped rookie and a P/T runner, that got us ranked 28th in the NFL in goal-to-go situations.
Let's keep the best guy that give us the best chance to score on a short field while we keep these two playing the role of running backs.
That's hilarious!

ROFL!

Florida_Bronco
12-13-2009, 12:45 AM

Great idea boss. Let's use a different back for each skill set we need at the time. I mean it's not like NFL coaches would catch onto that and stop us or anything.

Popps
12-13-2009, 02:04 AM
Hillis and C-Buck have struggled in the short yardage during the season against stout Defenses....plain and simple. However, we don't know how Hillis would have performed against teams with stout Defenses b/c he hasn't been given the chance.

Correct.

He hasn't earned the chance. There are 22 guys out there starting every weekend that seem to have had no problem earning a job. Hillis isn't one of them.

Again, if he can't even earn short-yardage carries, that should tell you something. Plenty of prior-regime players are having success with the new staff. Hillis is a deep reserve, yet again.

Do the math.

Popps
12-13-2009, 02:07 AM
What a joke.
I didn't know Hillis was that bad.
Wow, he's actually that terrible to be outdone by an overrated-overhyped rookie and a P/T runner, that got us ranked 28th in the NFL in goal-to-go situations.
Let's keep the best guy that give us the best chance to score on a short field while we keep these two playing the role of running backs.
That's hilarious!

ROFL!

Dude, if you're not related to Hillis... you need real help.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 06:49 AM
So, the argument against CBuck and Moreno is that they struggle in short yardage against stout defenses. Newsflash: every RB in the league struggles against stout defenses. How do I know this? Because they wouldn't be called stout defenses if everyone ran wild on them.

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Yes, "amazing" indeed ...

I think I was correct a while agoi when I said:

GoBroncos DownUnder
12-13-2009, 10:25 AM
So incase anyone missed it, I would like to say

strafen
12-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Dude, if you're not related to Hillis... you need real help.I post facts backed up by stats.
I'm not posting based on homerism like you guys are.
There's a difference

And let me ask you.
Why do I need help?
Tell me why when we are 28th in the NFL with Moreno running the ball do you still want to bash those who are in favor of Hillis geting mote playing time to help the team, instead of you being worried about looking like an ass about your comments about Hillis?
Hillis is a player that can impact a football gasme. Moreno so far has not impacted any freaking game, nor has he had a 100-yard game.
Doesn't it tell you something?
Why don't you see what you need to see, dud?
I thought you were smart.

houghtam
12-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I back up by guys.
I need help
me favor Hillis ass impact.

Fify.

go_broncos
12-13-2009, 11:39 AM
3 and 2 ..4th and 1...cant convert without Hillis

I told you...

atomicbloke
12-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I wonder where Popps and the other geniuses are now?

houghtam
12-13-2009, 11:54 AM

I told you...

Watch the game. Hillis would have run hard right for those guys that penetrated 2 yards into the backfield because of poor blocking and turned a 4 yard loss into a 3 yard loss.

GO HILLIS

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 11:58 AM

I told you...

The fact that this thread is at 39 pages is absolutely retarded and Hillis doesn't need to be in our rotation. I completely agree with that, but...

Bottom line, Hillis converts at least one of those. Knowshon and Correll aren't strong enough to break a tackler that meets them at the LOS. Period.

"ZOMG Hillis is so dum tho!!!11!!!1!!" I don't give a ****, he needs to hit someone that hits him first and fall forward a yard. He's our best back for that

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
The fact that this thread is at 39 pages is absolutely retarded and Hillis doesn't need to be in our rotation. I completely agree with that, but...

Bottom line, Hillis converts at least one of those. Knowshon and Correll aren't strong enough to break a tackler that meets them at the LOS. Period.

"ZOMG Hillis is so dum tho!!!11!!!1!!" I don't give a ****, he needs to hit someone that hits him first and fall forward a yard. He's our best back for that

Bottom line is Hillis gets hit by the two or three defenders coming through our line and still doesn't gain yards.

See, I can bottom line it too.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Bottom line is Hillis gets hit by the two or three defenders coming through our line and still doesn't gain yards.

See, I can bottom line it too.

That's nice.

I'm talking about breaking a single tackle, not being Barry Sanders

GreatBronco16
12-13-2009, 01:32 PM
That's nice.

I'm talking about breaking a single tackle, not being Barry Sanders

And Hillis comes in gets hit after 2 yards past the LOS and goes straight down.

The problems is with the Oline not getting their blocks.

Popps
12-13-2009, 01:34 PM

It's all part of the conspiracy.

McDaniels got a call from Shanahan, who instructed him to have the o-line not block on that play.

Wake up people.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 01:42 PM

I didn't see that play, so I won't argue with you

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 01:47 PM
But that 2-pt. conversion had a much better chance with Hillis in. In my opinion. Knowshon had no chance of taking that hit in the positive direction, Peyton did.

sixtimeseight
12-13-2009, 02:22 PM
But that 2-pt. conversion had a much better chance with Hillis in. In my opinion. Knowshon had no chance of taking that hit in the positive direction, Peyton did.

Which isn't worth jack ****.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Which isn't worth jack ****.

LOL! Yeah, ok The Forum Jackass. Nobody gives a **** what you think. Hilarious! I assumed someone who has useful posts responded to me, not .75 over here ::)

go_broncos
12-13-2009, 02:37 PM

unfortunately, I am right on this one.

That being said, i am wrong many times.

But, i believe our team will be greatly improved..if we give atleast 5 to 10 carries a game to Hillis.

sixtimeseight
12-13-2009, 02:38 PM
LOL! Yeah, ok The Forum Jackass. Nobody gives a **** what you think. Hilarious! I assumed someone who has useful posts responded to me, not .75 over here ::)

Huh? Try again, this time in English. Maybe next time you won't look like such an uneducated piece of ****.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:42 PM

I saw several plays during the game where Moreno was hit in the backfield, broke the initial tackle and gained yards after the hit. There were runs where he ran for 0 or -1 yards when he was hit 5 yards back. It looks like crap on the stat sheet, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he had to work just to get what he did.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Great. So you are making broad generalizations about guys and you don't even watch the games. Sweet.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 02:45 PM

But, i believe our team will be greatly improved..if we give atleast 5 to 10 carries a game to Hillis.

I fail to see anything in that 2 yard carry he had to lead me to believe another 4 carries by him would've put us over the top today. Moreno averaged like 3 a carry.

cabronco

I agree. I'm not saying Hillis is or should be an every down back. I dont think he'd suck if he was, but give him up to 12 carries a game, especially short yardage carries. It only makes sense, up to this point McD has been proven wrong that Moreno can p/u the short yards when needed. By all means DO NOT give the guy the ball on 4th and short when he's limping around the last few plays on one leg ! I couldnt believe my eyes on that series, pathetic coaching there.

Popps
I saw several plays during the game where Moreno was hit in the backfield, broke the initial tackle and gained yards after the hit. There were runs where he ran for 0 or -1 yards when he was hit 5 yards back. It looks like crap on the stat sheet, but it doesn't take away from the fact that he had to work just to get what he did.

Exactly.

Today is a game where you have to know what you're looking at, not just have a fantasy football/Madden mentality.

Blame who you want, but Moreno had nowhere to run today. There was a ****ing gaggle of defenders up in his **** before he could hit the LOS.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Great. So you are making broad generalizations about guys and you don't even watch the games. Sweet.

What? Because I was in the bathroom or something on Peyton's one run you assume I didn't watch the game ??? Sweet.

Popps
12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Again, Hillis' lack of carries today is more alarming than anything else.

How ill-prepared or problematic does a guy have to be to not get more carries in a game like today, with Bucky out?

I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but something isn't right when the staff doesn't trust him enough to give him carries with our top 2 backs injured or gimpy.

Lolad
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Exactly.

Today is a game where you have to know what you're looking at, not just have a fantasy football/Madden mentality.

Blame who you want, but Moreno had nowhere to run today. There was a ****ing gaggle of defenders up in his **** before he could hit the LOS.

what about the plays where he tripped with no contact? I am a Moreno supporter he was hit in the backfield but there were also plays where Moreno tripped over his own feet just to get tapped down by a defender. I could have sworn one of his strengths is his balance.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Huh? Try again, this time in English. Maybe next time you won't look like such an uneducated piece of ****.

:giggle: Yep, I'm shocked such a well thought out response came out of you. Sorry reading is challenging for you.
Maybe you should try giving me your exact seat numbers and then challenging me to a fight next home game. Or making fun of me for being middle aged. Oh I'm sorry, did I just give up the next 2 phases of your responses? Keep being a bigger joke than Bob...

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:02 PM
What? Because I was in the bathroom or something on Peyton's one run you assume I didn't watch the game ??? Sweet.

I am basing it off of that post, combined with all the others where it has become obvious to me that you are either distracted when you watch the game, have a vendetta against Moreno, or you simply aren't watching at all.

Beantown Bronco
12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
what about the plays where he tripped with no contact? I am a Moreno supporter he was hit in the backfield but there were also plays where Moreno tripped over his own feet just to get tapped down by a defender. I could have sworn one of his strengths is his balance.

Happened once this game and still turned into a 10 yard gain. He was probably as shocked as anyone that he actually had a clean hole to run through and it caught him off balance.

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
I am basing it off of that post, combined with all the others where it has become obvious to me that you are either distracted when you watch the game, have a vendetta against Moreno, or you simply aren't watching at all.

I GUESS I have a vendetta against him in the sense that Hillis is better for short runs being hit head on. But no, I throughly enjoy what Knowshon has brought to the table so far this season.
And in response to your earlier post yes I noticed Knowshon made some guys miss in the backfield, but never on a head-to-head collision that I recall. Sure he's shifty and eludes arm tackles from players coming from the side, but Peyton is so much more built to avoid being "stuffed" at the LOS by a LB hitting him with his helmet.
Slow down the assumptions here, there are more than the 2 extremes of posters in every thread

DHallblows
12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Again, Hillis' lack of carries today is more alarming than anything else.

How ill-prepared or problematic does a guy have to be to not get more carries in a game like today, with Bucky out?

I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but something isn't right when the staff doesn't trust him enough to give him carries with our top 2 backs injured or gimpy.

Completely agree here. I don't know if it was simply not knowing the playbook or something more, but Hillis need to get his stuff together if he wants any touches on a run more complicated than a HB Dive...

sixtimeseight
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
:giggle: Yep, I'm shocked such a well thought out response came out of you. Sorry reading is challenging for you.
Maybe you should try giving me your exact seat numbers and then challenging me to a fight next home game. Or making fun of me for being middle aged. Oh I'm sorry, did I just give up the next 2 phases of your responses? Keep being a bigger joke than Bob...

Umm... ok, who are you again? Oh yea, some nobody. Buh bye nobody.

this message is hidden because DHallblows is on your ignore list

broncolife
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM