PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

2KBack
04-12-2011, 06:26 AM
Really? When do you guys just admit McDaniels screwed up? Gimmick RB>3rd string, no play QB. What makes him gimmicky? The fact he can catch, block and run? I will take that for 16 games. Is it hard to admit that we should have kept him and had a pretty good tandem in Moreno and Hillis? Not only did we trade him for a zero yard passer last year, we also gave a better pick in exchange. We really need to run through this again?

Yeah, the value of the trade was just awful....especially in hindsight (many still thought Quinn could put it together and be the 1st round QB he was supposed to be). Hillis has been super overrated by the OM though. Which I suppose is par for the course. Player leaves, half the board thinks he sucks...the other half thinks he's a HOFer.

HAT
04-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Really? When do you guys just admit McDaniels screwed up? Gimmick RB>3rd string, no play QB. What makes him gimmicky? The fact he can catch, block and run? I will take that for 16 games. Is it hard to admit that we should have kept him and had a pretty good tandem in Moreno and Hillis? Not only did we trade him for a zero yard passer last year, we also gave a better pick in exchange. We really need to run through this again?

Because McD didn't screw up at all if you like Tebow. Getting a legitimate back-up on the roster was essential in drafting Tebow. You're nucking futs if you think that Tebow gets drafted by Denver if the 2 QB's were Orton and Brandstater.

And the gimmick is the color of his skin. He's a run of the mill, dime a dozen back....But because he's white, people fawn over him.

See also: Woodhead, Danny

Raidersbane
04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Because McD didn't screw up at all if you like Tebow. Getting a legitimate back-up on the roster was essential in drafting Tebow. You're nucking futs if you think that Tebow gets drafted by Denver if the 2 QB's were Orton and Brandstater.

And the gimmick is the color of his skin. He's a run of the mill, dime a dozen back....But because he's white, people fawn over him.

I think it has more to do with the fact we won games with him as our starting running back.

HAT
04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
I think it has more to do with the fact we won games with him as our starting running back.

We won games with Selvin Young, Travis Henry & Ron Dayne also.

Feel free to point me to a 152 page thread about one of them.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 08:28 AM
We won games with Selvin Young, Travis Henry & Ron Dayne also.

Feel free to point me to a 152 page thread about one of them.

None went on to have success with another team?

If it had been, say, Arian Foster showing flashes here, and we traded him for a completely non-productive player, and he went on to have the season he did down in Houston, it'd be a 200 page thread, imo.

jhns
04-12-2011, 08:36 AM

We got a legitimate backup? What position? Water boy?

HAT
04-12-2011, 08:39 AM
We got a legitimate backup? What position? Water boy?

Sorry...A perceived legitimate back up. A former first round pick with game starts under his belt certainly qualifies as that.

bowtown
04-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Sorry...A perceived legitimate back up. A former first round pick with game starts under his belt certainly qualifies as that.

Is that the criteria? Crap, I wonder if we can trade with the Raiders to get Jarvis Moss back.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Someone get Jamarcus Russel on the phone.

HAT
04-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Is that the criteria? Crap, I wonder if we can trade with the Raiders to get Jarvis Moss back.

Thanks for proving my point...Moss was definitely perceived as at least a legitimate back-up by the Raiders for that exact criteria.

Anyway....You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what Brady Quinn is or isn't, was or wasn't. What matters is that McD doesn't draft Tebow with only Brandstater to back up Orton.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Thanks for proving my point...Moss was definitely perceived as at least a legitimate back-up by the Raiders for that exact criteria.

Anyway....You're missing the point. It doesn't matter what Brady Quinn is or isn't, was or wasn't. What matters is that McD doesn't draft Tebow with only Brandstater to back up Orton.

Wellllllllllllllll... in your analogy, we could've gotten Michael Bush from them for Moss then?

Taco John
04-12-2011, 08:51 AM

Says who? That's nothing but guesswork.

bowtown
04-12-2011, 08:55 AM

Conjecture and hypotheticals. Your argument has officially fallen apart.

HAT
04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Says who? That's nothing but guesswork.

Says McD.

HAT
04-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Wellllllllllllllll... in your analogy, we could've gotten Michael Bush from them for Moss then?

If back up DE's were as important as back up QB's....AND Oakland really felt they needed said back-up DE before they could take a chance on drafting the best college DE ever but was controversial and perceived to be a NFL project.....AND Bush was in the doghouse to begin with....

Then yeah...maybe.

It's too bad that that isn't remotely the case.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 09:27 AM
If back up DE's were as important as back up QB's....AND Oakland really felt they needed said back-up DE before they could take a chance on drafting the best college DE ever but was controversial and perceived to be a NFL project.....AND Bush was in the doghouse to begin with....

Then yeah...maybe.

It's too bad that that isn't remotely the case.

Considering back up DE's see the field, they're much more important than back up QBs as shown by the NFL teams investment in them as opposed to sweet back ups across the NFL like Curtis Painter, Brian Hoyer, Matt Flynn etc

2KBack
04-12-2011, 10:15 AM
None went on to have success with another team?

If it had been, say, Arian Foster showing flashes here, and we traded him for a completely non-productive player, and he went on to have the season he did down in Houston, it'd be a 200 page thread, imo.

I think we need a 200 page thread for Reuben Droughns

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 10:20 AM

I think that's a BETTER comparison, but still pretty terrible:

Trading Droughns netted two immediate starters that contributed to a 13-3 season and an AFCCG berth and Denver rushed for over 2500 yards.

With the Hillis trade, we netted 0 starters, finished 2nd worse in the NFL (WORST, imo, if you factor in schedule strength), and rushed for a full 1000 yards less than 2005.

WolfpackGuy
04-12-2011, 10:22 AM
A draft pick or cash would've been better than Quinn because he was never worth a damn.

The Browns were going to cut him anyway!

2KBack
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I think that's a BETTER comparison, but still pretty terrible:

Trading Droughns netted two immediate starters that contributed to a 13-3 season and an AFCCG berth and Denver rushed for over 2500 yards.

With the Hillis trade, we netted 0 starters, finished 2nd worse in the NFL (WORST, imo, if you factor in schedule strength), and rushed for a full 1000 yards less than 2005.

Oh I'm totally not arguing compensation (showing my willingness to talk and contribute without addressing the conversation at hand). I just think people focus too much on Hillis being great (I think he's okay), you didn't hear a lot of that for Droughns (I did do my fair share of bitching about how terribly I thought Mike Anderson was handled here). It's not that Hillis is so great, it's that we got rid of a potential contributor for jack ****.

That said, Hillis wasn't going to be much of a contributor under McD anyway though. It would be nice to have him now, over a waste of space bust QB, but at the time of the trade McD was the coach of the immediate future. Meaning they were both gonna be useless. The logic was there at the time, trade a guy he isn't going to use for a guy he might.

I guess my point is, Hillis isn't any more special than Droughns really. I understand how it sucks that we don't have him and got nothing in return though.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Oh I'm totally not arguing compensation (showing my willingness to talk and contribute without addressing the conversation at hand). I just think people focus too much on Hillis being great (I think he's okay), you didn't hear a lot of that for Droughns (I did do my fair share of b****ing about how terribly I thought Mike Anderson was handled here). It's not that Hillis is so great, it's that we got rid of a potential contributor for jack ****.

That said, Hillis wasn't going to be much of a contributor under McD anyway though. It would be nice to have him now, over a waste of space bust QB, but at the time of the trade McD was the coach of the immediate future. Meaning they were both gonna be useless. The logic was there at the time, trade a guy he isn't going to use for a guy he might.

I guess my point is, Hillis isn't any more special than Droughns really. I understand how it sucks that we don't have him and got nothing in return though.

The issue isn't ONLY compensation. It's also how we managed to have the BEST rushing season in recent Denver history (maybe ever, actually. We rushed for even more yards in 2005 than we did in TD's 2k season, ftr) AFTER trading Droughns, and the WORST after trading Hillis.

Arkie
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Yeah, the value of the trade was just awful....especially in hindsight (many still thought Quinn could put it together and be the 1st round QB he was supposed to be). Hillis has been super overrated by the OM though. Which I suppose is par for the course. Player leaves, half the board thinks he sucks...the other half thinks he's a HOFer.

He hasn't been overrated on the OM. Only 30% thought he would go over 1200. He's been underrated if anything.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90071&highlight=hillis
He will start at RB and rush for over 1200 yards. The Browns fans will love this guy 30.00%
he will see time as a short yardage power back and become a valuable option for the Browns 44.17%
He will struggle to learn the offense in Cleveland stick around for a season or two than be cut 22.50%
He will be a late training camp cut. 3.33%

2KBack
04-12-2011, 11:16 AM
The issue isn't ONLY compensation. It's also how we managed to have the BEST rushing season in recent Denver history (maybe ever, actually. We rushed for even more yards in 2005 than we did in TD's 2k season, ftr) AFTER trading Droughns, and the WORST after trading Hillis.

I'm not sure exactly what the point is there...it's rather abstract. Both players were fullbacks forced into the TB role through injury. Droughns contributed more during his one season running the ball than Hillis did in his 4 games or so (both as Broncos). Droughns went and followed it up by being the first Browns running back since the 80's to crack 1000 yards. 2005 saw the return of my boy Anderson, who is still the best back we've had since TD IMO.

From 2008 to 2009 Broncos running game went down a whole 30 yards. The Browns of 2009 actually had a better running game than in 2010. So lets go with that this time if you like. The Addition of Droughns to the Browns improved their team, while the addition of Hillis did not.

See, this is not a case of Hillis being special in anyway. It's a case of getting no compensation. Along with knowing that now we will probably have a system that Hillis could have been used in...as a good compliment...not the next Earl Campbell (LOL). People can **** talk McD's mishandling of the running game all they want...Hillis wasn't the fix though.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not sure exactly what the point is there...it's rather abstract. Both players were fullbacks forced into the TB role through injury. Droughns contributed more during his one season running the ball than Hillis did in his 4 games or so (both as Broncos). Droughns went and followed it up by being the first Browns running back since the 80's to crack 1000 yards. 2005 saw the return of my boy Anderson, who is still the best back we've had since TD IMO.

I guess you forgot about Portis?

From 2008 to 2009 Broncos running game went down a whole 30 yards. The Browns of 2009 actually had a better running game than in 2010. So lets go with that this time if you like. The Addition of Droughns to the Browns improved their team, while the addition of Hillis did not.

And from 2004 to 2005 the Broncos running game not only didn't skip a beat, but improved several hundred yards.

See, this is not a case of Hillis being special in anyway. It's a case of getting no compensation. Along with knowing that now we will probably have a system that Hillis could have been used in...as a good compliment...not the next Earl Campbell (LOL). People can **** talk McD's mishandling of the running game all they want...Hillis wasn't the fix though.

It's a case of getting no compensation and EXTREMELY amplified by the lack of success comparatively. I don't even see how you can possibly argue that.

2KBack
04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I guess you forgot about Portis?

And from 2004 to 2005 the Broncos running game not only didn't skip a beat, but improved several hundred yards.

It's a case of getting no compensation and EXTREMELY amplified by the lack of success comparatively. I don't even see how you can possibly argue that.

I wasn't a Portis fan, that's a taste thing though.

I never argued that Denver's run game was better in 2005...I just don't see why that matters in the Hillis discussion. Droughns did more for Denver than Hillis ever did, I don't see how that can be argued. Just because Denver managed to replace him successfully doesn't change that.

As for your rather abstract comparison of running success before and after Hillis...it's easy to argue. ****, Hillis is a guy that has contributed a whole 600 yards to the Denver Broncos. Yep, that's it...600 total yards ever. This is the guy who's very presence is the difference between a great running game and a poor one? Give me a break. The difference between a great running game and Denver's from last year was Mcd and Shanahan, simple as that.

TheReverend
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
I wasn't a Portis fan, that's a taste thing though.

I never argued that Denver's run game was better in 2005...I just don't see why that matters in the Hillis discussion. Droughns did more for Denver than Hillis ever did, I don't see how that can be argued. Just because Denver managed to replace him successfully doesn't change that.

As for your rather abstract comparison of running success before and after Hillis...it's easy to argue. ****, Hillis is a guy that has contributed a whole 600 yards to the Denver Broncos. Yep, that's it...600 total yards ever. This is the guy who's very presence is the difference between a great running game and a poor one? Give me a break. The difference between a great running game and Denver's from last year was Mcd and Shanahan, simple as that.

...but he was successful (to the point of being praised by Belichick) when he left while Denver's running game floundered.

How are you missing this?

Arkie
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
...but he was successful (to the point of being praised by Belichick) when he left while Denver's running game floundered.

Exactly. Proof is in the pudding. Our biggest problems on offense that year were 3rd down conversions and redzone production. Both were solved with Hillis. Hillis had a 35% first down rate. The highest in the league for 65+ carries. The Broncos' problems came back for the final three games without Hillis. The bold games are when Hillis was starting RB.

2008 Season

6 L
7 L
8 Bye Week
9 L
10 W
11 W
12 L
13 W
14 W
15 L
16 L
17 L

See the only "W" when he didn't start in week 10? The Broncos were not in the lead when our last healthy RB went down. Hillis came in during the 4th quarter and picked up a key 4th and 1 on the winning drive. (something the Broncos usually struggled with) So, he gets some credit for that win as well. He was the MVP for the wins over the last 11 games.

Key stat in week 10 (from NFL.com)
While the Broncos may have only had one fourth-down attempt, it was a big one. During Denver's decisive drive, the Broncos faced a crucial fourth-and-1 and they gave the ball to FB Peyton Hillis. Browns S Sean Jones appeared to have Hillis stopped in the backfield, but the rookie out of Arkansas dragged him a yard and half to convert the first down.

Karenin
04-12-2011, 03:28 PM

There is one, you're posting in it. Reuben Droughns 2.0 at least. Or maybe Reuben Droughns 0.5 is more accurate , as Reuben Droughns had better years as both a Bronco and a Brown.

2KBack
04-13-2011, 08:07 AM

Hillis was essentially gone in 2009, he had 70 total yards. He was not a contributor to the success of the Broncos running game in 2009. How are you missing that the running game was actually quite close to identical with Hillis as a major contributor in 2008, but as a bench warmer in 2009? Are you suggesting that his mere presence in the locker room is what was keeping the running game a float?

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Hillis was essentially gone in 2009, he had 70 total yards. He was not a contributor to the success of the Broncos running game in 2009. How are you missing that the running game was actually quite close to identical with Hillis as a major contributor in 2008, but as a bench warmer in 2009? Are you suggesting that his mere presence in the locker room is what was keeping the running game a float?

http://www.bertstare.com/bertstare.jpg

1. We dropped .6 ypc from 08-09...

2. Your "point" makes no sense. Part of the reason this is well on the way to reaching 200 pages is it's reflection on McDaniels. Not utilizing Hillis in O&B, shipping him away for poor compensation, and then having our running game flounder while he succeeded as a one man show in a FAR worse offensive system (29th in the NFL vs 13th) and greatly outperformed what we invested the #12 overall selection in is why this will probably go all the way to 300 pages.

I really have no idea why you're the only one who doesn't see this?

HILife
04-13-2011, 09:22 AM
Wow! This thread is huge!

oubronco
04-13-2011, 09:26 AM
The thread that won't die

2KBack
04-13-2011, 09:35 AM
1. We dropped .6 ypc from 08-09...

2. Your "point" makes no sense. Part of the reason this is well on the way to reaching 200 pages is it's reflection on McDaniels. Not utilizing Hillis in O&B, shipping him away for poor compensation, and then having our running game flounder while he succeeded as a one man show in a FAR worse offensive system (29th in the NFL vs 13th) and greatly outperformed what we invested the #12 overall selection in is why this will probably go all the way to 300 pages.

I really have no idea why you're the only one who doesn't see this?

1. Yay another statistic. Hillis had a 4.4 average in 2010...Moreno had a 4.3, apparently they are practically even then right?

I am certainly not alone in seeing this. We agree that this is a reflection on McD, we disagree that Hillis as a player has anything to do with it (or at least very little). I'm not making some huge leap in logic. My argument here is system related...all McD's fault. Denver may have had a nice passing offense to bolster it's rankings, but it's run system was utter ****. Hillis wasn't going to help that. I'm arguing that even with Hillis, the run game would have been equally as ****ty.

Now fast forward to this upcoming season, if we are seeing good running lanes it would have been nice to have another hammer to strike the defense with like Hillis. Hillis himself doesn't make the running game though, very few backs do.

Around there worship seems to come a little easy....so Hillis with his 2250 all purpose yards in his career (600 in Denver) in better rushing systems (Denvers old system/Browns current) is Super awesome the Next Earl Campbell...and Moreno with his 2311 all purpose yards in an inferior rushing system is Slowshon the bust.

oubronco
04-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Doesn't matter how you swing it the trade of Hillis for Brady fuggin Quinn was an epic failure

rugbythug
04-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Well the om melt when hardesty starts next year?

HAT
04-13-2011, 09:52 AM
So Hillis with his 2250 all purpose yards in his career (600 in Denver) in better rushing systems (Denvers old system/Browns current) is Super awesome the Next Earl Campbell...and Moreno with his 2311 all purpose yards in an inferior rushing system is Slowshon the bust.

:strong::strong::strong:

People love white RB's. :yayaya:

Beantown Bronco
04-13-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow! This thread is huge!

People are sporting as much wood in this thread as the one about Trex decking.....

2KBack
04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Doesn't matter how you swing it the trade of Hillis for Brady fuggin Quinn was an epic failure

Hey, Stop that. If you put it in a perspective that everyone will agree with like that, then there's nothing to argue about.

BroncoBuff
04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I wonder if the Elway thread on the Colts board went this long.

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Hey, Stop that. If you put it in a perspective that everyone will agree with like that, then there's nothing to argue about.

You'll find a way... Ha!

broncocalijohn
04-13-2011, 12:15 PM

Here is the quote I would have put so kudos as follows...

A draft pick or cash would've been better than Quinn because he was never worth a damn.

The Browns were going to cut him anyway!

If McD needed a backup, no problem. The problem is giving away a guy that proved he can play and we needed RB help. You forgive McD for having a QB backup but don't mention the fact we didnt have a good enough backup plan at RB. The guy turns out to be a starter where Quinn is nowhere close to being a starter for our team (or it seems the Browns as they canned his ass). McD then tried to save face by getting a suck of all sucks in Maroney that proved horrible. While Moreno was out, we had nothing back there. Over in Cleveland, Hillis was running over people, scoring and catching balls out of the backfield. He did everything and we had nothing.
HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND!
STOP BEING A BRICK!

HAT
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Here is the quote I would have put so kudos as follows...

If McD needed a backup, no problem. The problem is giving away a guy that proved he can play and we needed RB help. You forgive McD for having a QB backup but don't mention the fact we didnt have a good enough backup plan at RB. The guy turns out to be a starter where Quinn is nowhere close to being a starter for our team (or it seems the Browns as they canned his ass). McD then tried to save face by getting a suck of all sucks in Maroney that proved horrible. While Moreno was out, we had nothing back there. Over in Cleveland, Hillis was running over people, scoring and catching balls out of the backfield. He did everything and we had nothing.
HOW HARD IS THIS TO UNDERSTAND!
STOP BEING A BRICK!

Except I'm not defending McD for not using Hillis to his potential. I'm just saying that if he wasn't going to use him on the field to begin with....Better to trade him for a back up QB than cut him or have him ride the pine like 2009. Especially when having that back up makes you feel more comfortable in drafting Tebow.

People like white RB's. People hate Quinn because there are some faggy pics on the internet. I get it. I just prefer the taking the long view on this.

Drunk Monkey
04-13-2011, 12:39 PM
I avoided this thread for about 140 pages.... funny how nothing has changed since then.

broncocalijohn
04-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Except I'm not defending McD for not using Hillis to his potential. I'm just saying that if he wasn't going to use him on the field to begin with....Better to trade him for a back up QB than cut him or have him ride the pine like 2009. Especially when having that back up makes you feel more comfortable in drafting Tebow.

People like white RB's. People hate Quinn because there are some faggy pics on the internet. I get it. I just prefer the taking the long view on this.

But that is why this thread has grown so long. You had the McD nuthuggers try to tell us the trade was good. We pointed out it was a mistake and the proof is in the pudding. It was on McD alone that he didnt play him more and we saw what happened (even though we knew of it in 08) when he gets his chance. The fact he is white puts a special love interest to it as there isnt many that succeed. As a Broncos fan, I would be pissed off regardless of the man's color. Maybe McD didnt take to him because he was white and the chances of a white guy succeeding at RB is very miniscule. All I know is we paid the price for it. Luckily, McD is gone but his suckiness will live on for a few more years (see Ryan Leaf what he did to the Chargers for a few years).

2KBack
04-13-2011, 01:11 PM
But that is why this thread has grown so long. You had the McD nuthuggers try to tell us the trade was good. We pointed out it was a mistake and the proof is in the pudding. It was on McD alone that he didnt play him more and we saw what happened (even though we knew of it in 08) when he gets his chance. The fact he is white puts a special love interest to it as there isnt many that succeed. As a Broncos fan, I would be pissed off regardless of the man's color. Maybe McD didnt take to him because he was white and the chances of a white guy succeeding at RB is very miniscule. All I know is we paid the price for it. Luckily, McD is gone but his suckiness will live on for a few more years (see Ryan Leaf what he did to the Chargers for a few years).

Not really Hillis related...but I think Denver is going to bounce back rather fast.

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Not really Hillis related...but I think Denver is going to bounce back rather fast.

Justification?

Unfortunately, the way I see it, even our BEST players all have HUGE question marks on them.

And outside of those 6-7 guys, the rest of the team pretty much sucks.

HAT
04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
But that is why this thread has grown so long. You had the McD nuthuggers try to tell us the trade was good. We pointed out it was a mistake and the proof is in the pudding. .

You're arguing two separate issues here.

The trade was good, from a value standpoint.

The decision not to play him? The decision to trade him in the first place? Not good....But I'm not arguing that.

As far as McD was concerned....Hillis was a means to an end. He got sh*t canned and the CBA didn't get worked out but It's obvious to me what he was going for with his QB's.

*Not taking a chance on Tebow with only Brandstater as a back up.
*Need to improve QB2
*Former 1st round QB with starting experience was available.
*QB2 upgraded
*Tebow drafted
*Orton to start 2010...Pump up his trade value
*Develop Tebow, Fix Quinn over the 2010 season and 2011 camps
*Trade Orton pre 2011 draft for more than he's ever been worth
*Unleash the Tebow in 2011
*Quinn is now a quality back-up after a year and a half with McD
*^^^Probably even starter quality (Orton-ish) if Tebow goes down
*Sign street FA for QB3
*QB situation set for a decade or more.

Could he have done all of that without trading Hillis? Sure, but if he didn't like him to begin with....He's killing two birds with one stone. Wish he would've not thrown in the 5th rounder but Hillis for Quinn is fine value wise.

Except on the 'Mane where people love white RB's and hate pretty boy QB's that have douchey pictures on the internetz.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2011, 04:39 PM
and the whole thing starts over right.................NOW!

oubronco
04-13-2011, 04:47 PM
and the whole thing starts over right.................NOW!

Yea!!! :strong:

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
You're arguing two separate issues here.

The trade was good, from a value standpoint.

The decision not to play him? The decision to trade him in the first place? Not good....But I'm not arguing that.

As far as McD was concerned....Hillis was a means to an end. He got sh*t canned and the CBA didn't get worked out but It's obvious to me what he was going for with his QB's.

*Not taking a chance on Tebow with only Brandstater as a back up.
*Need to improve QB2
*Former 1st round QB with starting experience was available.
*QB2 upgraded
*Tebow drafted
*Orton to start 2010...Pump up his trade value
*Develop Tebow, Fix Quinn over the 2010 season and 2011 camps
*Trade Orton pre 2011 draft for more than he's ever been worth
*Unleash the Tebow in 2011
*Quinn is now a quality back-up after a year and a half with McD
*^^^Probably even starter quality (Orton-ish) if Tebow goes down
*Sign street FA for QB3
*QB situation set for a decade or more.

Could he have done all of that without trading Hillis? Sure, but if he didn't like him to begin with....He's killing two birds with one stone. Wish he would've not thrown in the 5th rounder but Hillis for Quinn is fine value wise.

Except on the 'Mane where people love white RB's and hate pretty boy QB's that have douchey pictures on the internetz.

Your timeline reads like a complicated conspiracy theory...

gunns
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Among another, the landing of Maroney for a 4th rounder. Literally makes me sick.

go_broncos
04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
The idiot that traded Hillis is fired.
It's time to move on.
We will be fine. I trust Elway and Tebow.
We are going to win SB in couple of years.

broncolife
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Im getting tired of people bringing up race. People liked Hillis because he was good at catching the ball and showed heart dragging tons of defenders. And probably the biggest reason was because he ran over defenders. People like players that can lay the wood. Spencer Larsen might have a big thread too if he went to another team and became a great Lb. He was one of my favorites until we wussified him at the fb position. Was he one my favorites because he was white? No it was because he was a Iron man who could Hit hard.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Hillis was a ****ty back and a ****ty teammate in Denver.

Good for him, this year, though.

Boltjolt
04-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Wow, STILL talking about Hillis in here? I dont think Shanahan getting canned got near the response...lol

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 07:31 PM
Hillis was a ****ty back and a ****ty teammate in Denver.

Good for him, this year, though.

This is what the McD apologists actually believe.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 07:34 PM
This is what the McD apologists actually believe.

No, it's actually what happened. Fourth string running back. Second string fullback. Never got above that.

Actually, he should apologize to you. He duped you into thinking he was the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately, you were stupid enough to take the bait.

bowtown
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Im getting tired of people bringing up race. People liked Hillis because he was good at catching the ball and showed heart dragging tons of defenders. And probably the biggest reason was because he ran over defenders. People like players that can lay the wood. Spencer Larsen might have a big thread too if he went to another team and became a great Lb. He was one of my favorites until we wussified him at the fb position. Was he one my favorites because he was white? No it was because he was a Iron man who could Hit hard.

Do you really believe Spencer Larson would have made a great LB? I know it's a popular thing to say around here, but let's be very clear that both Turner and Studsville thought enough of him to pry him form the grasp of D coordinators who had the likes of Nate Webster and Niko Koutivedes starting for them, in order to make him the starter at FB over the great Peyton Hillis.

Larson can hit but he's slow and unathletic. He's a decent FB, and at best,a backup LB. Let's not get carried away.

bowtown
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Wow, STILL talking about Hillis in here? I dont think Shanahan getting canned got near the response...lol

Shanahan is way too tan to get this kind of response.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
No, it's actually what happened. Fourth string running back. Second string fullback. Never got above that.

Actually, he should apologize to you. He duped you into thinking he was the greatest thing ever.

Unfortunately, you were stupid enough to take the bait.

Are you talking about the depth chart according to the worst head coach in Broncos history? Because that's a super solid argument there.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 07:40 PM
Are you talking about the depth chart according to the worst head coach in Broncos history? Because that's a super solid argument there.

Well, if Peyton had acted like a man, instead of a petulant child in practice, he would have been first string, and the Broncos would have won the Super Bowl last year.

Again, he should apologize to you for being such a douche.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, if Peyton had acted like a man, instead of a petulant child in practice, he would have been first string, and the Broncos would have won the Super Bowl last year.

Again, he should apologize to you for being such a douche.

This is what McD apologists actually believe.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 07:45 PM

Let me know when you can use some logic.

Hillis was crap in Denver, and couldn't rise above second string at TWO positions.

That was the reason he was traded. Nonetheless, he was traded for a backup QB which Denver sorely needed the year before.

But keep up with your Jim Brown/Peyton Hillis mythical status. You're an idiot, frankly.

bowtown
04-13-2011, 07:46 PM

Well if Hillis hadn't buttsecksed Mrs. McDaniels in the ball shed things would be different.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Let me know when you can use some logic.

Hillis was crap in Denver, and couldn't rise above second string at TWO positions.

That was the reason he was traded. Nonetheless, he was traded for a backup QB which Denver sorely needed the year before.

But keep up with your Jim Brown/Peyton Hillis mythical status. You're an idiot, frankly.

Josh McDaniels, the epic failure of a head coach / GM did not see talent beyond second string depth in Hillis. Again, that's solid stuff right there.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
If you can provide no logic other than "I hate Josh McDaniels" then there's really no sense in posting, because you've proven that your just an illogical hate machine who can't provide a solid argument if it hit him in the ass.

Congrats.

When Elway and Ellis **** **** up you'll still blame it on McDaniels. All too easy.

TheReverend
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM
If you can provide no logic other than "I hate Josh McDaniels" then there's really no sense in posting, because you've proven that your just an illogical hate machine who can't provide a solid argument if it hit him in the ass.

Congrats.

When Elway and Ellis **** **** up you'll still blame it on McDaniels. All too easy.

Well... he has a point.

Shanahan, who knew RB talent like no ones business, stated after 08 that Hillis would be the starter moving forward.

McDaniels, who, in retrospect doesn't know a RB from his ass, ignored that statement, practically refused to play him in 2009, and then traded him for **** compensation while trading a 4th for Maroney.

Looking back at the massive failure of talent evaluation that defines one the biggest declines and darkest eras in Broncos history, I really don't see how you can say McDaniels evaluation of Hillis can be used as a solid criticism against Hillis.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 08:18 PM

Congrats.

Explain how the fact that McDaniels was canned in 1.75 seasons is not valid evidence in judging his personnel decisions.

Missouribronc
04-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Explain how the fact that McDaniels was canned in 1.75 seasons is not valid evidence in judging his personnel decisions.

Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.

Eldorado
04-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Hills sucked. I watched it. In three years no one will use the words good and hillis in reference to an NFL running back in the same sentence. That said mcDainiels sure sucked some ass. I'd still trade Hillis for Quinn.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Explain how an eighth string running back is more important than a second string quarterback, and then you might have some validity to your argument.

Again, this move made sense to the worst head coach in Broncos history. It also made sense to his apologists.

SoCalBronco
04-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Eighth string running backs generally don't have 1000+ yard seasons playing for dog**** teams like Cleveland. Thus, he's not really an eighth string running back.

We were wrong in trading Hillis. That's objectively true. Hillis is a very good power runner. He's proven that. Our running backs are either perpetually injured or suck. Brady Quinn is a god awful backup. A poor backup QB is more valuable than a pro bowl alternate RB? Really? Is that your actual argument?

Go on though...keep defending the invalid drunk, his butt buddy rasputin and the dickless pizza boy.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/d4/fullj.638f5a548723816f7975c1b2bdbe8a44/ap-8ed38fc9cda24e2ebd6d432644483c51.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8792/111azn.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-13-2011, 09:14 PM

?

Second Sting? I wish! And as for a 8th string RB. 8th string atleast play Speacial Teams. What does a 3rd string QB do?

broncocalijohn
04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
?

Second Sting? I wish! And as for a 8th string RB. 8th string atleast play Speacial Teams. What does a 3rd string QB do?

Take more pictures with their hand over other dudes crotches.

Your timeline reads like a complicated conspiracy theory...

Please keep MacGruder out of this thread.

HAT
04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
http://www.advocare.com/endorsers/images/large/danny_woodhead.jpg

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/08/09/images/tb_bucsalstott2_450.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8bRalUM5RQc/S_yPh-0Rr3I/AAAAAAAADiw/Oqq48pwUa8M/s1600/0207_large-1.jpg

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0814/nfl_g_leonard_300.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08RUbOAc7n9SF/340x.jpg

Shall I bump all the threads where 'Maners were hoping to draft Toby?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/177/i/vFEctQaH3D_1VWdWCgim44x7FH0CVLHu/

One would think McD would be all for the white powerback.

HAT
04-13-2011, 10:29 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0333/2331/109400_crop_340x234.jpg

http://www.sportsposterwarehouse.com/catImages/bleierpf-1.jpg

http://www.profootballhof.com/assets/Csonka_Larry_Action_180-220.jpg

Arkie
04-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Well the om melt when hardesty starts next year?

It will be Hillis's fourth HC in four years. He'll have to prove himself yet again.

errand
04-14-2011, 05:08 PM
this argument reminds me of the two girls...one who talked about her former beau, and the other aboiut her current beau. The first one said that her ex never opened the car door, paid for a solitary meal or any attention to her, showed her no affection and sucked in bed...

meanwhile the other girls is telling her how her current beau is chivalrous, courteous, doesn't let her spend a dime on anything, simply adored her, showered her with affection and was a tiger in the sack... asked what his name was, and they both responded "Peyton...Peyton Hillis..."

When he was here he showed little to prove he was anymore valuable than the trash we got for him....however he's probably figured out that if he couldn't make it in Cleveland (arguably the league's worst franchise) he wouldn't make it on any other team.
...to his credit he forged a pretty good season. Good for him, i wish him well. Haviung said that, i think the best advice is - Root for who we are, not for who we are not.

broncolife
04-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Do you really believe Spencer Larson would have made a great LB? I know it's a popular thing to say around here, but let's be very clear that both Turner and Studsville thought enough of him to pry him form the grasp of D coordinators who had the likes of Nate Webster and Niko Koutivedes starting for them, in order to make him the starter at FB over the great Peyton Hillis.

Larson can hit but he's slow and unathletic. He's a decent FB, and at best,a backup LB. Let's not get carried away.

I think he should have at least had a chance to focus on the lb position 1 year and see if he could develop into something. He came in as a rookie and had to play in all 3 fazes of the team. Just like Hillis all people wanted was for him to get a chance. Thats what I wanted for Larsen. Now I said IF he went to another team and became great that people like me would be biatching about him not getting a chance at the lb position, just like people are biatching about Hillis not getting a decent chance here.

tnedator
05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
This ones for Pony Boy...

TheReverend
05-15-2011, 07:07 PM
http://item.slide.com/r/1/177/i/vFEctQaH3D_1VWdWCgim44x7FH0CVLHu/

One would think McD would be all for the white powerback.

That phrase is hilarious, imo.

tnedator
06-26-2011, 10:10 AM
FWIW, this is from a new article on Hillis, that I saw PFT Tweet about.

On any given day in the town of Conway, Ark., Browns running back Peyton Hillis can be seen trudging through his neighborhood with a half-ton truck harnessed to his chest.

On lighter training days, he'll lug a small car or all-terrain vehicle around the block.

"I know it's weird, but if you saw it, you can see it works," he said. "It's just something a buddy of mine came up with and I've been doing it since my junior year in high school."

When Hillis isn't attached to a hunk of metal, he's doing a variety of other things to prepare for the season.

"I have coaches from Conway High working me out and all kinds of local fitness experts," he said. "I'm doing yoga, MMA and things like that. I'm an unorthodox player, so I have to do things that fit my kind of game."

For the folks who think that Hillis wore down toward the end of last season, guess again. He was playing with cracked ribs for the final three games that made every breath, every move excruciating.

"I broke them at the very beginning of the Cincinnati game [Dec. 19] and then aggravated them in the Baltimore game the next week," he said. "They were really bad in the last game against Pittsburgh, too [six carries, 13 yards]. It was tough to cope with, but I did it because I wanted what's best for the team and I wanted to play for the guys. I wanted them to know how much the team meant to me, and I wanted to do them that favor."

Read the full article here (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/06/cleveland_browns_peyton_hillis_4.html).

DHallblows
06-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Christ on a bike

rbackfactory80
06-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Hillis+Tebow=multi-championships

Play2win
06-26-2011, 02:12 PM

Definitely would have been the coolest backfield in the game.

broncocalijohn
06-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Why I dont pay $10 a ticket to see these remakes of super heroes. I just wait until football season and see Super Stud on the big screen. HILLIS!

SoCalBronco
06-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Definitely would have been the coolest backfield in the game.

It would have been a badass backfield. There would have been more guns in that backfield than in most armies. LB's would be in fetal positions after playing Denver.

Thanks for rubberstamping the Hillis trade, old man. You're a real piece of work.

Archer81
06-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Is this the longest thread in the history of the OM? If so, it may be worthy of Ring of Fame consideration.

:Broncos:

HAT
06-26-2011, 09:02 PM

For the millionth time.....Without the Hillis trade, there is no Tebow.

DBroncos4life
06-26-2011, 10:34 PM

I bet that's news to his mom and dad ;)

Dagmar
06-26-2011, 10:47 PM

Without Hillis, there is no Jesus. He fumbled him into existence.

Arkie
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Is this the longest thread in the history of the OM? If so, it may be worthy of Ring of Fame consideration.

It's the longest thread about a player on the OM, and the fourth longest overall.

tnedator
06-27-2011, 11:31 AM

I missed it the first 999 thousand times or so, so how do you figure?

Cito Pelon
06-27-2011, 12:14 PM
So, now there are TWO humans that have made Conway, Arkansas famous.

Conway Twitty and Peyton Hillis.

The greatest Country singer all time, and the greatest Country RB all time.

tnedator
06-27-2011, 01:22 PM
So, now there are TWO humans that have made Conway, Arkansas famous.

Conway Twitty and Peyton Hillis.

The greatest Country singer all time, and the greatest Country RB all time.

Conway is the home of Gandma Jone's Pies. Best pies west of the Mississippi.

broncosteven
06-27-2011, 01:30 PM
FWIW, this is from a new article on Hillis, that I saw PFT Tweet about.

Read the full article here (http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/06/cleveland_browns_peyton_hillis_4.html).

Oh what could have been...

Taco John
06-27-2011, 01:49 PM

Not necessarily. Josh had a hard on for Tebow. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have found a way to make it happen.

tnedator
06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Not necessarily. Josh had a hard on for Tebow. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't have found a way to make it happen.

Did we get a pick back with Quinn? I thought it was Hillis and two picks (one sixth and one conditional) for Quinn.

Even if we did get a pick back that was used, there is every reason to believe McDaniels would have used another pick to get Tebow, like you've indicated.

Cito Pelon
06-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Conway is the home of Gandma Jone's Pies. Best pies west of the Mississippi.

OK, THREE human beings.

cutthemdown
06-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Hell if Tebow is a winner then the Mcdaniels fiasco was worth it. It's that simple. His whole legacy in Denver now is tied to Tebow.

BroncoBuff
06-27-2011, 06:56 PM
Hell if Tebow is a winner then the Mcdaniels fiasco was worth it. It's that simple. His whole legacy in Denver now is tied to Tebow.

That and a few other things.

TheReverend
06-27-2011, 07:02 PM

No, sir.

Fox's legacy is tied to Tebow.

McDaniels' legacy is tied to being TWO cheating scandals, being fired mid-season and posting a 3-10 W:L on his way out the door.

BroncoBuff
06-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Those are the few other things.

vindico
06-27-2011, 09:05 PM

This doesn't even make sense. Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?

cutthemdown
06-27-2011, 09:28 PM
No, sir.

McDaniels' legacy is tied to being TWO cheating scandals, being fired mid-season and posting a 3-10 W:L on his way out the door.

Obviously that will be it if Tebow stinks. But if Tebow really good, no one thought it was a great pick, and Tebow kicks ass then Mcdaniels gets some vindication. I also disagree with Fox's legacy being tied to Tebow. He actually can probably stink first 2 yrs and if Tebow hasnt played well blame it on Mcdaniels and Tebow, then get to pick is own qb. What makes you think Fox so tied to him? He didn't pick him.

HAT
06-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?

Yes.

DBroncos4life
06-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Obviously that will be it if Tebow stinks. But if Tebow really good, no one thought it was a great pick, and Tebow kicks ass then Mcdaniels gets some vindication. I also disagree with Fox's legacy being tied to Tebow. He actually can probably stink first 2 yrs and if Tebow hasnt played well blame it on Mcdaniels and Tebow, then get to pick is own qb. What makes you think Fox so tied to him? He didn't pick him.

I couldn't agree more. Without the coaching of Jerry Glanville I doubt we would ever see the likes of Brett Favre....

cutthemdown
06-27-2011, 11:50 PM
No doubt about it we would be better off with Hillis, but if Tebow hits it will blunt some of the Mcdaniels horror we went through. That is all i am saying. Not really arguing if it saves his legacy for McDaniels, just more us as fans. I'm just hoping to be competitive and not look like total crap. You could tell Broncos were a cluster**** in preseason last yr. They never seemed tough to me last yr. I'm hoping to see some edge to the broncos play from this point on and I think Tebow will provide it. He's going to be hard to stop like Vick is. That sort of trouble for a defense.

Shananahan
06-28-2011, 01:59 AM
No, sir.

Pretty much how I feel about it. People keep talking and posting about how if Tebow this and that, if the OL picks pan out, if Moreno and Ayers yadda yadda then McDaniels will be vindicated and such and such. Forget all that. His story with Denver has been told, as far as I'm concerned.

tnedator
06-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Pretty much how I feel about it. People keep talking and posting about how if Tebow this and that, if the OL picks pan out, if Moreno and Ayers yadda yadda then McDaniels will be vindicated and such and such. Forget all that. His story with Denver has been told, as far as I'm concerned.

Yep. Tebow could go down in history has the GOAT when it is all said and done, and at best McDaniels gets an honorable mention for drafting him. It won't change leading the Broncos to the worst stretch in franchise history (I believe that's correct, or very close on the games after the 6-0 start). It won't erase the incident in London, even if what he says is true and he didn't order the filming, he tried to cover it up.

His history in Denver is locked, it was a failure. What he can do is treat it as a learning experience and if he gets another shot and becomes a long term, successful head coach, then for all but Broncos fans, he would be known as a successful coach.

Cito Pelon
06-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Yep. Tebow could go down in history has the GOAT when it is all said and done, and at best McDaniels gets an honorable mention for drafting him. It won't change leading the Broncos to the worst stretch in franchise history (I believe that's correct, or very close on the games after the 6-0 start). It won't erase the incident in London, even if what he says is true and he didn't order the filming, he tried to cover it up.

His history in Denver is locked, it was a failure. What he can do is treat it as a learning experience and if he gets another shot and becomes a long term, successful head coach, then for all but Broncos fans, he would be known as a successful coach.

If Tebow is GOAT, that would be a superb two-year stint.

Taco John
06-29-2011, 09:55 AM
This doesn't even make sense. Since we traded Hillis for a 1st rd QB, that gives us the green light to draft Tebow?

Some people pass this off as logic. Apparently Josh needed insurance in order to draft his first round game changing quarterback talent. That's "apparently" how "confident" he was in Tebow.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but you can't peel some people off of this position. They're entrenched and even though Hillis has proven them wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, their arguments in favor of abandoning him still come with mind bending rationalizations.

tnedator
06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Some people pass this off as logic. Apparently Josh needed insurance in order to draft his first round game changing quarterback talent. That's "apparently" how "confident" he was in Tebow.

It doesn't make any sense to me, but you can't peel some people off of this position. They're entrenched and even though Hillis has proven them wrong beyond any shadow of a doubt, their arguments in favor of abandoning him still come with mind bending rationalizations.

OMG, that's the logic they're using? That he traded for Quinn, so he would have a backup safety net in case Orton was hurt and Tebow failed?

That borders on idiotic. I don't know off the top of my head what veteran QBs were available in free agency, but I am sure there were options to pick up a veteran QB as insurance.

Taco John
06-29-2011, 10:11 AM
OMG, that's the logic they're using? That he traded for Quinn, so he would have a backup safety net in case Orton was hurt and Tebow failed?

That borders on idiotic. I don't know off the top of my head what veteran QBs were available in free agency, but I am sure there were options to pick up a veteran QB as insurance.

Well, you know... When you are using high draft picks to target your guy, you want a fall back option to make you feel comfortable. Preferably one who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't play at this level.

tnedator
06-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, you know... When you are using high draft picks to target your guy, you want a fall back option to make you feel comfortable. Preferably one who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't play at this level.

Even though your post was short, I was working up to a "come on, there was no need to trade...." and then ready your last sentence. lol

Exactly. Having a guy that couldn't beat out Derek Anderson is not a very good insurance plan.

WolfpackGuy
06-29-2011, 11:32 AM
The Browns couldn't throw Quinn in that deal fast enough after acquiring Wallace and Delhomme just a few days before the trade.

My biggest beef with the trade was that Quinn was going to be CUT anyway!

Who cares if Cheaps or whoever would've signed him?

He sucks!

TheReverend
06-29-2011, 12:10 PM

........not really.

He drafted him, so what?

Bottom line: He couldn't develop him last year or create a game plan around him that would utilize him and win games in time to save his job.

Now it's Fox's job to do those same things. Do people credit Wade Phillips for signing Rod Smith or Mike Shanahan for developing him and helping him become something special.

Cito Pelon
06-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Sheesh, Quinn was traded for before Tebow was drafted. So who's idiotic here?

*WARHORSE*
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Isnt this the Peyton Hillis threeeed? heh heh

Taco John
06-29-2011, 01:57 PM
........not really.

He drafted him, so what?

Bottom line: He couldn't develop him last year or create a game plan around him that would utilize him and win games in time to save his job.

Now it's Fox's job to do those same things. Do people credit Wade Phillips for signing Rod Smith or Mike Shanahan for developing him and helping him become something special.

I started a similar post. I was also going to add something about Shannon Sharpe. I doubt Wade Phillips is going to be on stage talking about what he saw in him when he drafted him from Savannah State in the 7th round.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
I started a similar post. I was also going to add something about Shannon Sharpe. I doubt Wade Phillips is going to be on stage talking about what he saw in him when he drafted him from Savannah State in the 7th round.

Wade didn't draft him.

Abqbronco
06-29-2011, 02:06 PM

Maybe... But I bet Sharpe thanks him in his HOF induction speach

SouthStndJunkie
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Wade didn't draft him.

Yep....Shannon Sharpe was a 7th round pick in 1990.

Dan Reeves was head coach of the Broncos until 1993.

SouthStndJunkie
06-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Maybe... But I bet Sharpe thanks him in his HOF induction speach

Shannon Sharpe has mentioned Dan Reeves quite a bit and thanked him for giving him a chance to play in the NFL and for converting him to TE.

SouthStndJunkie
06-29-2011, 02:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/tag/_/name/shannon-sharpe

"The thing is, I have been thinking about the speech for 42 years,” Sharpe said.”The thing is with something like this there are moments and people in your life that make it very, very easy and the thing is when people are like ‘when you speak do you ever write it down?’ This will be the first time that I actually write something down that I talk about because when you write it down it’s too well-rehearsed and I want it to be heartfelt. The only reason I’m going to write it down this time is because I want to make sure that 25 years from now when people hear this speech that I make sure I didn’t leave anybody out. They want you to be between eight and twelve minutes. Well I can talk for an hour about my grandmother alone. But I’m gonna have to throw Mike Shanahan in there, I’m gonna have to mention Dan Reeves, I’m gonna have to talk about my high school coach William Hall, I’m gonna have to talk about my sister, my kids, the guys I played with that helped me get to here, but I want to make sure I do my grandmother justice. Most of the people that will listen to my voice in that stadium or watching me on television will have never seen my grandmother, but when I’m done they will know who she is and they will know why I am who I am.”

s0phr0syne
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Not sure if this has already been mentioned in the long history of this thread, but with Hillis on the Browns, even the color scheme is now appropriate for him to adopt the Juggernaut moniker. I really hope this takes off!

Bronco Yoda
07-15-2011, 10:20 AM
That just makes dumping him all worth it now...

cutthemdown
07-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Hillis going to be this yrs biggest fantasy bust IMO. Watch his numbers go down across the board. Once again the team he plays for really wants someone else to be the man. Hardesty gets a shot at 150 carries this yr which IMO will severely cut into Hillis numbers.

Bronco Yoda
07-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Better to be a fantasy bust than a real bust.....hmmmmmmmm

broncocalijohn
07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm posting just to make sure macgruder being owned thread doesn't overtake this beauty.

strafen
07-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Hillis going to be this yrs biggest fantasy bust IMO. Watch his numbers go down across the board. Once again the team he plays for really wants someone else to be the man. Hardesty gets a shot at 150 carries this yr which IMO will severely cut into Hillis numbers.Wanna bet?

DBroncos4life
07-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Hillis going to be this yrs biggest fantasy bust IMO. Watch his numbers go down across the board. Once again the team he plays for really wants someone else to be the man. Hardesty gets a shot at 150 carries this yr which IMO will severely cut into Hillis numbers.

Who is this other guy?

Arkie
07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Hillis has been dragging around cars and SUVs. Now he's going to pull a fire truck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/09/cleveland.browns.peyton.hillis.ap/index.html

Los Broncos
07-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Just think, if he wasn't traded it would be him, Tebow and Larsen that would be a pretty good goal line set right there.

OABB
07-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Hillis has been dragging around cars and SUVs. Now he's going to pull a fire truck.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/07/09/cleveland.browns.peyton.hillis.ap/index.html

cute. no one there has the heart to tell him that cars move from the inside.

cutthemdown
07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Wanna bet?

How would we gauge his numbers? Just the big ones total yrds and tds?

cutthemdown
07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Who is this other guy?

I said his name in the post? What more do you need? MONTARIO HARDESTY. I like him, if he heals, he could suck up some of Hillis workload and sap his stats. Not saying Hillis won't be a good football player, only that IMO his numbers go down, and that fantasy speaking people will be bummed where they picked him for what they got in production.

strafen
07-17-2011, 08:50 PM
How would we gauge his numbers? Just the big ones total yrds and tds?It's obvious that Hardesty was drafted to be the man. Yet, he's an unproven commodity at this point.
If he shows flashes of greatness, he'll be given a chance, but Hillis is still the man in Cleveland.
When the chips are down, Hillis will get the rock...

tnedator
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
It's obvious that Hardesty was drafted to be the man. Yet, he's an unproven commodity at this point.
If he shows flashes of greatness, he'll be given a chance, but Hillis is still the man in Cleveland.
When the chips are down, Hillis will get the rock...

In Hillis, they also have a folk hero -- Madden cover no less. There is no way Cleveland wants Hillis to have as many touches this year as last, so I'm sure they are hoping Hardesty is both healthy and productive. Last year, Hillis was the offense. There was no passing threat, and what little passing threat there was, went to Hillis as much as anyone (2nd in receptions I believe).

Now, if Hardesty turns into the next AP or Chris Johnson, all bets are off, but short of that Hillis has a chance to produce more, with less caries. He wore down carrying so much of the offensive load (had broken ribs the last three games). A fresher Hillis with fewer touches could easily produce more.

strafen
07-17-2011, 09:15 PM
In Hillis, they also have a folk hero -- Madden cover no less. There is no way Cleveland wants Hillis to have as many touches this year as last, so I'm sure they are hoping Hardesty is both healthy and productive. Last year, Hillis was the offense. There was no passing threat, and what little passing threat there was, went to Hillis as much as anyone (2nd in receptions I believe).

Now, if Hardesty turns into the next AP or Chris Johnson, all bets are off, but short of that Hillis has a chance to produce more, with less caries. He wore down carrying so much of the offensive load (had broken ribs the last three games). A fresher Hillis with fewer touches could easily produce more.Good point. I fell they would want to keep Hillis fresh as much as possible, but the Hardesty-Hillis tandem must be clicking on all cylinders for that to work...

Dagmar
07-17-2011, 09:24 PM
I said his name in the post? What more do you need? MONTARIO HARDESTY. I like him, if he heals, he could suck up some of Hillis workload and sap his stats. Not saying Hillis won't be a good football player, only that IMO his numbers go down, and that fantasy speaking people will be bummed where they picked him for what they got in production.

All we need to make this thread awesome is a horrific bigoted homophobe to show up. Oh, there he is.

SoCalBronco
08-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Got this from CP.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cl7zCD7AlGo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
08-18-2011, 10:51 PM
All we need to make this thread awesome is a horrific bigoted homophobe to show up. Oh, there he is.

If I am not mistaken, you are the one with the new found gay brother. You are really trying way too hard to prove the love you have for your brother. This post is that example. Trying waaaaaay too hard, Dagmar.

Shananahan
08-18-2011, 10:54 PM
Is that really Hillis, or just some lookalike wannabe?

If it's really him, I'm glad he's gone for the first time. I couldn't root for that.

broncocalijohn
08-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Is that really Hillis, or just some lookalike wannabe?

If it's really him, I'm glad he's gone for the first time. I couldn't root for that.

but you will root for a crouch grabbing Quinn?

Shananahan
08-18-2011, 11:25 PM
but you will root for a crouch grabbing Quinn?
I can't remember making a single post on this board about Quinn. Maybe something about how he might as well be the #2 if Tebow's not going to start but still get playing time or something. Perhaps you're the one with the hangup?

Anyway the point is that Hillis v. Norris video was so poorly made and unfunny I was actually offended by it.

tnedator
08-19-2011, 05:11 AM
I can't remember making a single post on this board about Quinn. Maybe something about how he might as well be the #2 if Tebow's not going to start but still get playing time or something. Perhaps you're the one with the hangup?

Anyway the point is that Hillis v. Norris video was so poorly made and unfunny I was actually offended by it.

I'm offended that you would be offended by a video. While I will attempt to not add further offense to your over stressed life, but that's just a stupid statement.

Anyway, since it's on the homepage of his website, I would say it's something he put together.

tnedator
08-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Also, I was reading an article last night about how Hillis is embracing social media and attempting to make some extra income. He's still on his rookie contract and set to make about $550k this year, which is not a lot for an NFL player. He's selling autographed jerseys, helmets and stuff on his website.

My guess is that he put the video together, which has his website name on it, hoping that it would go viral to some level, getting his website URL out there.

vancejohnson82
08-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Who is this other guy?

The guy who got injured in pre-season and triggered the whole trade scenario

he will take Hillis' job this year after a few fumbles

tnedator
08-19-2011, 06:22 AM
The guy who got injured in pre-season and triggered the whole trade scenario

he will take Hillis' job this year after a few fumbles

Triggered what trade scenario?

Dedhed
08-19-2011, 07:05 AM
I'll take Moreno to out-rush Hillis this year.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 07:12 AM
I'll take Moreno to out-rush Hillis this year.

I wouldn't.

Dedhed
08-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I wouldn't.

I would.

TheReverend
08-19-2011, 07:15 AM
I would.

Cool. Enjoy trying to catch his numbers with 1 player of a split backfield.

Powderaddict
08-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't.

I wouldn't either. But that's not because I believe Hillis is a better back, it's just he has much better blocking up from and will get more carries.

Arkie
08-19-2011, 11:07 AM
this should be the week Moreno breaks 100 then right?

We're still waiting for his first 100 against a team not named Kansas City.

Shananahan
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Also, I was reading an article last night about how Hillis is embracing social media and attempting to make some extra income. He's still on his rookie contract and set to make about $550k this year, which is not a lot for an NFL player. He's selling autographed jerseys, helmets and stuff on his website.

My guess is that he put the video together, which has his website name on it, hoping that it would go viral to some level, getting his website URL out there.
Yeah, I figured as much. More power to him for trying to do the Ochocinco/Cooley/Kluwe/etc thing, but it doesn't work if your stuff is garbage.

He should do a blog entry about McDaniels' wife.

Powderaddict
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
We're still waiting for his first 100 against a team not named Kansas City.

He's had plenty of 100 yard games. I don't know why catching yards wouldn't count, as they move the line of scrimmage forward just as effectively.

broncocalijohn
08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
He's had plenty of 100 yard games. I don't know why catching yards wouldn't count, as they move the line of scrimmage forward just as effectively.

because when we drafted him #14, we expect a running back to be more than a guy catching balls out of the backfield. Is that too much to ask?

OABB
08-19-2011, 09:17 PM
because when we drafted him #14, we expect a running back to be more than a guy catching balls out of the backfield. Is that too much to ask?

no. I'm sure he expected run blocking being drafted so high. is that too much to ask?

DBroncos4life
08-19-2011, 09:22 PM

The root word of the position he plays might hold the key to what we want from him.

OABB
08-19-2011, 10:22 PM
The root word of the position he plays might hold the key to what we want from him.

like how our offensive line is offensive?

KipCorrington25
08-19-2011, 10:51 PM
Nothing Knowshow has shown to date indicates that he can carry Hillis's jock at all except in McCheat's world of judging talent and we see how that worked out. Wrong on every count.

Archer81
08-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Nothing Knowshow has shown to date indicates that he can carry Hillis's jock at all except in McCheat's world of judging talent and we see how that worked out. Wrong on every count.

Statistics do not show this. They have put up similar numbers. Not arguing that Moreno is a better player, but both are solid players. It blows Hillis had to be sent to Cleveland, but thats how things happen sometimes.

Do not let your hatred of an ex-coach color your perceptions of the players we have. Its not Knowshon's fault that McDaniels is what he is. It's not his fault that the Broncos took him at 12. For the 12th pick you would expect his 2 seasons of work to equal a single season, and its possible that may happen. Unlikely, but it is football. Who knows what the **** will happen.

Hillis: 42 GP. 351 carries, 1574 yds, 4.5 av, 48L, 17 tds. 79 rec, 675 yds, 8.5 avg, 47L, 3tds. 9 fumbles, 6 fumbles lost.

Moreno: 29 GP. 429 carries, 1726 yds, 4.0 avg, 36L, 12 tds. 65 rec, 585 yds, 9.0 avg, 49L, 5 tds. 7 fumbles, 6 fumbles lost.

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't think Hillis is going to have a big year. I just don't see the weapons in the Browns passing game that makes me feel like he won't see 8 in the box a lot. Also I see him being guarded much more closely out of the backfield for receptions. I think the extra defensive attention, the fact the Browns want to reduce his workload, will lead to a decent but not great yr for Hillis.

cutthemdown
08-19-2011, 11:19 PM
If Knowshon has a good yr I will be a bit surprised. I think Magahee a better football player. I even like how the Grizz hunters runs over Moreno. Moreno seems to waste a lot of movement not going anywhere.

He did look better in that Dallas game though and his highlights in college sure looked good. I have fingers crossed that he is a late bloomer.

Pony Boy
08-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Talk to me about this when Moreno has a 1000K season .

Couch Surfer
08-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Are you ****ing retarded? He had a 950 yard season. So what if he didn't arbitrarily hit some 4 digit number, he already had a 1000 yard season. ****ing mongoloid.

Pony Boy
08-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Are you ****ing retarded? He had a 950 yard season. So what if he didn't arbitrarily hit some 4 digit number, he already had a 1000 yard season. ****ing mongoloid.

Nice post..... tell me what your other name was before you got banned and signed up again?

But since you're new I will type slower so you can understand, he's a first round draft pick and should have a couple of 1000K seasons under his belt, so read my lips .......... tell me how good he is when he has a 1000k season under his belt and he's not watching the playoffs on TV.

Couch Surfer
08-20-2011, 09:27 AM
So you are retarded? I'm glad we got that out of the way, I don't have to waste my time on you anymore.

Next please.

TheReverend
08-20-2011, 09:30 AM
If our goal for a #12 overall pick is an outdated one from a shorter schedule (1k yards), then we've already lost.

Taco John
08-20-2011, 10:00 AM

So what if he didn't have a 1000 yard season! I'm still going to SAY he had a 1000 yard season! RESPECT MY ATHORITAH!

tnedator
08-20-2011, 10:04 AM
So, who thinks Hillis will have 2,000 yards rushing again this season?

Taco John
08-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Nice post..... tell me what your other name was before you got banned and signed up again?

Good call. It was Karenin...

montrose
08-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Well if Knowshon was ever going to outrush Hillis, this is the year...

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Madden-NFL-12-Cover-280x398.jpg

The Moops
08-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Why don't we just make this a sticky ... WE will never get over trading Hillis:)

tnedator
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Well, while the Browns starters overall played great, the backup FB who only got a job because Hardesty got hurt last year, was mediocre at best.

Hardesty lit it up with 5 carries for 18 yards, and an impressive by Moreno standards, 3 YPC.

McCoy was on fire with a 9/18, 89 yard performance with no TDs and one INT.

The Browns starters overall racked up an amazing 103 yards of total offense in the first half.

Unfortunately, maybe because of the wet track, or coming back from the hamstring and back injuries last week, but Hillis was only a pedestrian 3 for 18, 6 YPC, and only had two catches for 35 yards.

Yes, he led the starters in receiving, but backup FB's are supposed to do much more.

Speaking of much more, for Hillis to only account for 51% of the Brown's offense, again is disgraceful. Any backup FB worth his salt should be at 60-70% of the team's yards....

/sarcasm

Requiem
08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
51% of the offense = Because the Brown's didn't have anyone else.

Requiem
08-25-2011, 06:49 PM
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Georgia+v+LSU+X8nQB04PGIfl.jpg

http://onlineathens.com/multimedia/galleries/010109_bowl/slides/010109_postgameDance_dm.JPG

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/2079809934_cafcac15d3_o.jpg

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 07:01 PM
[IMG]http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Georgia+v+LSU+X8nQB04PGIfl.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://onlineathens.com/multimedia/galleries/010109_bowl/slides/010109_postgameDance_dm.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2303/2079809934_cafcac15d3_o.jpg[IMG]

Awesome dance.

Shame he can't play football like that.

errand
08-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Why don't we just make this a sticky ... WE will never get over trading Hillis:)
Really we seem to get over ruben droughns who rushed for 1200 yards for us and then mike shanahan traded him to cleveland where he ran for 1200 yards for them and nobody missed him.........

If he's not a denver bronco anymore then I don't miss him....

tnedator
08-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Really we seem to get over ruben droughns who rushed for 1200 yards for us and then mike shanahan traded him to cleveland where he ran for 1200 yards for them and nobody missed him.........

If he's not a denver bronco anymore then I don't miss him....

Actually, I watched most of the Browns games that year, that weren't on at the same time as the Broncos.

Dedhed
08-25-2011, 07:22 PM
51% of the offense =

Half of a dump?

go_broncos
08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
The coach that traded Hillis is fired. It's time to move on.
Hopefully, knowshown plays better this year.

Requiem
08-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Awesome dance.

1,200 APY and 8 TD per year average since coming into the league.

Playing in a scheme where rushers don't put up major yards and behind one of the NFL's most inconsistent and poor lines in the rushing attack.

I think he was behind Prater both years in scoring. If he doesn't play football well, I guess not many other people do on this team.

This is Knowshon's put up year. I think 1,500 total yards and 10 touchdowns will be a realistic possibility.

tnedator
08-25-2011, 08:15 PM

Playing in a scheme where rushers don't put up major yards and behind one of the NFL's most inconsistent and poor lines in the rushing attack.

I think he was behind Prater both years in scoring. If he doesn't play football well, I guess not many other people do on this team.

This is Knowshon's put up year. I think 1,500 total yards and 10 touchdowns will be a realistic possibility.

Too bad the backup FB couldn't put up numbers like that, he just had a measly 1650 APY and 13 TDs, and didn't even have the brains to sit out those last three games when he had the broken ribs. Dumb fullbacks.

KipCorrington25
08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
Awesome dance.

Why are you complaining he looked like MC Hammer when he scored that TD against the Raiders and cut the score to 52 - 7.

Requiem
08-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Too bad the backup FB couldn't put up numbers like that, he just had a measly 1650 APY and 13 TDs, and didn't even have the brains to sit out those last three games when he had the broken ribs. Dumb fullbacks.

Anybody worth a toot who receives the amount of touches he did proportionate to offensive calls is going to put up great numbers.

Just like when Ashley Lelie posted his best year ever when he finally received 100+ targets. You get enough balls, you are going to make some plays. By all accounts, Lelie was just an average receiver. There are numerous examples of this.

It will be interesting to see how things progress for the Browns this year and how Hillis does. I've seen many argue that getting more offensive players to deal with on defenses will open up things more, allowing more production. We'll see.

Still hoping for Knowshon this year! GoKnoGoKnoGoKno!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_casS9cUuo3c/TH0P2L4_HGI/AAAAAAAAAlk/IgcxlZdLnLQ/s1600/knowshon-moreno-broncos-c4c65634a2186f70_large.jpg

broncocalijohn
08-25-2011, 08:37 PM
The coach that traded Hillis is fired. It's time to move on.
Hopefully, knowshown plays better this year.

Some of those that let the trade happen is still here. It doesn't matter, it wasn't like he did what Cutler was accused of doing. If Moreno produces with McGahee, this thread will die out.......probably not.

TheReverend
08-25-2011, 08:59 PM

Yeah no ****. That's why we just drafted #2 overall...

Dr. Broncenstein
08-25-2011, 09:02 PM
"I f--king want to kick you right in your dome."

tnedator
08-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Ok, prediction time.

Do the Browns sign him to an extension before the season starts? Before the end of the season? Or, let him test free agency?

What will his contract be?

Requiem
08-26-2011, 02:40 PM
His contract will be hotness:

http://media.omfgif.com/gif/omfg_pull_up_pants_big_tits.gif

bfoflcommish
08-31-2011, 02:06 PM
Hillis in High School

<object width="448" height="374"><param name="movie" value="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhgYo5BqBXzu07DNr9"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhgYo5BqBXzu07DNr9" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"></embed></object>

Bronco Yoda
02-15-2012, 12:31 PM
:devil:

bowtown
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/7/1/3a3b063a-0650-4742-a3e4-cf0c652bf1a2.jpg

Beantown Bronco
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/7/1/3a3b063a-0650-4742-a3e4-cf0c652bf1a2.jpg

Hey, nice pic!

Looks just like my old boxer when he'd run at me (see avy)

bendog
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the guy. I mean while I'd still like to sack kid McDouche for dumping this guy and taking Knowshow, it's not so much like he's Eric Dickerson but that it was creating a hole so McDouche could waste a one to fill. But, McGahee cannot be expected to reproduce those numbers, and recovery wise Knowshow will be in month 7 which is about the time to think he'd be working to get full strength and ready to practice. But, Knowshow has not shown any ability to carry the load. He's got some value as a 15 carry guy and 3rd down. Hillis is a journeyman between the tackles guy. He seems to have a similar skill set to McGahee and would be a decent backup if he worked cheap. No way you give this guy probowl money.

bowtown
02-15-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the guy. I mean while I'd still like to sack kid McDouche for dumping this guy and taking Knowshow, it's not so much like he's Eric Dickerson but that it was creating a hole so McDouche could waste a one to fill. But, McGahee cannot be expected to reproduce those numbers, and recovery wise Knowshow will be in month 7 which is about the time to think he'd be working to get full strength and ready to practice. But, Knowshow has not shown any ability to carry the load. He's got some value as a 15 carry guy and 3rd down. Hillis is a journeyman between the tackles guy. He seems to have a similar skill set to McGahee and would be a decent backup if he worked cheap. No way you give this guy probowl money.

BUT HE CN PULLZ TEH BUSSUS!11!1!!1!

Boogerboots
03-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Had to dig back 12 pages for this mega hitch of a thread. Woody' s latest article has a little footnote on another Peyton that might be coming back to Denver.

I thought last season was a roller coaster, but this offseason is a pretty close match.

barryr
03-10-2012, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't want Hillis back. He quit on the Browns and if he gets a fat contract, I see the kind of guy who eats himself out of the NFL in 2 years.

errand
09-02-2012, 11:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057380/article/peyton-hillis-chiefs-most-talented-team-ive-been-on?module=HP11_content_stream

Really?

Broncos_OTM
09-02-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000057380/article/peyton-hillis-chiefs-most-talented-team-ive-been-on?module=HP11_content_stream

Really?

its not to much of a stretch add in a qb in kc and id say their super bowl contenders

bowtown
09-02-2012, 12:24 PM

Really?

That's not really saying very much.

24champ
07-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Peyton signs with the Bucs on a one year contract. This guy fell off the NFL map rather quickly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000220033/article/peyton-hillis-buccaneers-strike-oneyear-contract

bowtown
07-24-2013, 10:28 AM
My Favorite Thread sighting!

Ray Finkle
07-24-2013, 10:44 AM
LOL @ this page of this thread.

Hillis is a hall of famer
It will take years to replace Hillis
larsennexthillis

bumped for rep!

ZONA
07-24-2013, 12:26 PM
It really is odd how he just went south so fast. Before he got hurt with us, he was doing some really good things. Nobody can say he didn't shine in several situations.

Oh well - he's long gone and this team is preparing for glory !!!

DENVERDUI55
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
The fact is, Moreno has looked fat and lazy, not Hillis.

Moreno has had false starts, despite getting the reps.

Moreno has slow feet, not Hillis, Moreno stumbles, Hillis carries tacklers.

Classic Mock! I forgot how much he loved Hillis and hated Slowshon.

lolcopter
07-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Dude sucks

Thanks for bumping this amazing thread instead of just putting this in the "around the NFL" thread, you know, where we talk about all the non-bronco losers

lol hillis

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Dude sucks

Thanks for bumping this amazing thread instead of just putting this in the "around the NFL" thread, you know, where we talk about all the non-bronco losers

lol hillis

****ing cry baby.

lolcopter
07-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Well I can't even find that GD thread anyway

**** Peyton hillis

Pony Boy
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Well at least Hillis didn't dance with Mary Jane while he was here.

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 01:01 PM
This ring of fame thread was started 2 years before your butthole suffering ass joined the board. Stop crying when threads people enjoy get bumped you tool bag.

lolcopter
07-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Hillis is irrelevant to this fan, this team, this city, and this league. **** this thread, let it die like Hillis' short NFL career.

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Hillis is irrelevant to this fan, this team, this city, and this league. **** this thread, let it die like Hillis' short NFL career.

Ironically you keep bumping it to the top of the page.

Flex Gunmetal
07-24-2013, 01:09 PM
This ring of fame thread was started 2 years before your butthole suffering ass joined the board. Stop crying when threads people enjoy get bumped you tool bag.

Look at this badass.

DBroncos4life
07-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Look at this badass.

Thanks I've been working out.

LRtagger
07-24-2013, 01:14 PM
I still laugh at that redraft thread and how Peyton was #6 overall.

Ahead of Clady, Jake Long, Flacco, Garcon, Forte, Carr, Chris Long, etc etc etc. And people were eating that **** up like it was legit.

Tombstone RJ
07-24-2013, 01:36 PM

he probably should have as it would have helped his intelligence. :)

24champ
07-24-2013, 01:56 PM
he probably should have as it would have helped his intelligence. :)

Nothing would have helped Hillis intelligence. He has an IQ of a grapefruit.

Powderaddict
07-24-2013, 02:01 PM

Mary Jane -- that was McDaniel's wife, right?

bowtown
07-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Mary Jane -- that was McDaniel's wife, right?

BOOOOOOOOOM!

errand
07-24-2013, 03:18 PM
BTW, history says that most former Broncos while enjoying initial success in their post Broncos career, usually fizzle out after a year....

I'll take this time to point out that I was pretty much spot on about the future of one Peyton Hillis Knowitall

McDman
08-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Hillis looked legit tonight.

Drunken.Broncoholic
08-16-2013, 08:35 PM

Ya he was running with some downhill power. Doesn't look like he should be out there with scrubs.

DENVERDUI55
08-16-2013, 08:59 PM

He always does in the preseason. Last year KC was so sure he was going to kick ass after the preseason.

McDman
08-16-2013, 09:23 PM
He always does in the preseason. Last year KC was so sure he was going to kick ass after the preseason.

I really think he is a good back up rb. Put him in in the 4th quarter and he can do some damage. McD hated him for some reason.

SoCalBronco
08-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Hillis and Mike James in the same offense?

Damn.....don't want to be an opposing LB.

HAT
08-16-2013, 10:10 PM
White running backs get all the love...

maven
08-17-2013, 04:32 AM

Peyton Hillis 2013: Tearing it up against grocercy bag handlers and cell phone managers

And here's a new avatar for ya

http://i.minus.com/iCPjH4BKGQi3o.jpg

Bacchus
08-17-2013, 05:50 AM

He usually does that in the regular season as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
08-17-2013, 06:03 AM
Ya he was running with some downhill power. Doesn't look like he should be out there with scrubs.

And yet...

He'll be demanding a new contract and sitting himself as a healthy scratch by week 8.

capt. Jack
08-17-2013, 06:15 AM
Hillis would be good here.

baja
08-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Hillis is on his fourth team in 5 years, that's not a positive stat.

go_broncos
08-17-2013, 07:22 AM
I will take Hillis over Moreno.
I hope Montee Ball is much better than both of these Running backs.

KipCorrington25
08-17-2013, 12:47 PM
I really think he is a good back up rb. Put him in in the 4th quarter and he can do some damage. McD hated him for some reason.

Well yeah he had to get Lamont Jordan carries.... :cuss:

24champ
09-21-2013, 12:33 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/buccaneers-release-hillis-191851241--nfl.html

Hillis released.

strafen
09-21-2013, 01:16 PM
Let's bring him in for a look... LOL

SoCalBronco
09-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Bring him in.

Eldorado
09-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I will take Hillis over Moreno.
I hope Montee Ball is much better than both of these Running backs.

Straight up, one of the 3 or 4 most retarded things I have ever read.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2013, 03:44 PM
He would break off 200 yards in our system.

broncocalijohn
09-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Straight up, one of the 3 or 4 most retarded things I have ever read.

I am sure he has all top 4 of the most retarded things ever said here.

LRtagger
09-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Can a 7th rounder be a bust LOL

Where's that redraft thread where people were saying he should be picked #6 overall in a redraft from that year hahahahhaa

Action
09-21-2013, 04:28 PM
How did a thread about Peyton Hillis make it to 160 pages? Is this a joke?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh god, not this $h!t again. Look Hillis is a good 'back. Thing is he a back you need to feed at least 25 times a game. How many teams in the NFL is going to give him 25 carries? Nobody! So stop!

maven
09-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Well, at least he received the guaranteed money for this season. If running backs go down, and they probably will, he could find another job.

Action
09-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh god, not this $h!t again. Look Hillis is a good 'back. Thing is he a back you need to feed at least 25 times a game. How many teams in the NFL is going to give him 25 carries? Nobody! So stop!

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/6632/i89e.png

8 fumbles, 5 lost LOL

BroncoMan4ever
09-21-2013, 05:17 PM

Hillis is a decent runner, but he needs a very simple offense. he strikes me as a guy who is kind of dumb and easily confused. give him simple instructions and he can contribute, ask too much of him and he will fail