TheReverend
12-21-2010, 08:32 PM

I wanted the 3500th post in this thread

loborugger
12-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Go for 4000, then. Only 498 to go.

Pony Boy
12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Last I checked Hillis doesn't play for us anymore and the guy responsible is gone....so.....move on folks, what is done is done...

Right, the guy responsible is gone but his stench will linger around for years.

Pony Boy
12-21-2010, 09:01 PM

I wanted the 3500th post in this thread

I'm shooting for the first post in 2011

tnedator
12-21-2010, 09:03 PM
There's a lot of pent-up emotion on this thread, if you know what I'm saying.

3K posts, and no one really has any idea what they're arguing about, except the fact that they want someone to be "wrong" about something. (Despite the fact that I simply asked a logical question in the OP.)

I'm sure Peyton will come back if they post a few hundred more times, though...

No need to be defensive and try and justify your asinine post.

tnedator
12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Right, the guy responsible is gone but his stench will linger around for years.

On the bright side, once you get past him destroying the roster, he has brought us a top 3ish pick.

Bronco Yoda
12-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Hey Kupesdad,

Anyone on the O-line read this thread? Wonder what they thought of Hillis.

tnedator
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Hey Kupesdad,

Anyone on the O-line read this thread? Wonder what they thought of Hillis.

Better have Popps post the results of their intelligence tests before we get o-line feedback.

Have to make sure their opinions are Popps approved...

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Hillis hitting a wall. He won't be someone who repeats his big games as often as he did this yr. Last few weeks teams have game planned him and done well. I'm interested to see if he can run for anything vs Ravens this week.

broncocalijohn
12-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Hillis hitting a wall. He won't be someone who repeats his big games as often as he did this yr. Last few weeks teams have game planned him and done well. I'm interested to see if he can run for anything vs Ravens this week.

I agree. He did well against them last time but I dont think he will get a huge game. When there is no other options and teams seeing they can spy on Hillis, he is back to having his work cut out for them. Let us see if the Browns can actually balance that attack with play action passes to whoever they have as receivers.

Inkana7
12-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I agree. He did well against them last time but I dont think he will get a huge game. When there is no other options and teams seeing they can spy on Hillis, he is back to having his work cut out for them. Let us see if the Browns can actually balance that attack with play action passes to whoever they have as receivers.

My roommate is a Browns fan and I live in Ohio, so I've seen just about every Browns game this year. It's pretty apparent that Hillis' over-use is either starting to, or will become an issue. I fear for his health, really. No one wants to end up like Earl Campbell.

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM
Here is what Ray Lewis said. Hillis goes off again and I will have some major respect for his game.

“A blind cat will find a meal every once in a while,” Lewis said according to the team’s website. “We understand the two big runs we gave up against them. . . . “[As] our team’s leader, it won’t happen again. I hope [the Browns] understand that.”

Ravens are gameplanning to stop Hillis. I bet Ravens.

tnedator
12-22-2010, 11:17 PM

Half their touchdowns, 40% of their plays, leading receiver (recpetions) and rusher. Teams are loading up for bear to stop him. So, unless McCoy can start to have some success in the running game, he isn't likely to have big games over the last two weeks.

As an article I read tonight from the Cleveland plain Dealer said, not only does he have over 310 touches, 1500+ yards, 40% of the offensive play and 50% of the TDs, but every week he has the weight on his shoulders of carrying the teams chances or winning on his shoulders every game.

Yea, McCoy has had some flashes, when he hasn't been hurt, since he got the starting nod, but anyone that watches or covers the Browns knows that Hilils is basically the Browns offense. As he goes, goes the Browns.

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Hillis was limping around all week. It's why a lot of coaches didn't start him. They liked him but figure he makes so much contact probably not an every down player.

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 11:20 PM
Still Hillis should be on the Broncos. I don't think though Browns end up saying to him here is your 5 yr deal that pays you like Chris Johnson, Jammal Charles, Adrian Peterson, even Arian Foster, Mendenhal, he won't even get offered Moreno type first round money IMO.

I could be wrong but that is how I see it. How well paid was Alstott compared to other rbs in his day? they will probably look to players like that to determine his worth because they won't see him as a guy that can play like he does every game 20 carries a pop.

Inkana7
12-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Still Hillis should be on the Broncos. I don't think though Browns end up saying to him here is your 5 yr deal that pays you like Chris Johnson, Jammal Charles, Adrian Peterson, even Arian Foster, Mendenhal, he won't even get offered Moreno type first round money IMO.

I could be wrong but that is how I see it. How well paid was Alstott compared to other rbs in his day? they will probably look to players like that to determine his worth because they won't see him as a guy that can play like he does every game 20 carries a pop.

I agree with this. Hillis' health can't be trusted enough to give him that big of a contract, both with how he plays and how much the Browns are determined to grind his knees to dust.

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Ikana I agree. It sucks for him because when he plays he probably will play hard and be productive. But because of his style at some point he will break down. Especially in an 18 game season. So many team will be wanting to have 2-3 good runners unless they do happen to have Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson etc etc. Ray Rice maybe and a handful of the other really pure runners.

So Hillis will probably end up not this feature stud that rewrites Jim Browns records. He will be finished in 3-4 yrs.

tnedator
12-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Hillis was limping around all week. It's why a lot of coaches didn't start him. They liked him but figure he makes so much contact probably not an every down player.

Really? Where did you putt that one out of?

Inkana7
12-22-2010, 11:35 PM
Ikana I agree. It sucks for him because when he plays he probably will play hard and be productive. But because of his style at some point he will break down. Especially in an 18 game season. So many team will be wanting to have 2-3 good runners unless they do happen to have Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson etc etc. Ray Rice maybe and a handful of the other really pure runners.

So Hillis will probably end up not this feature stud that rewrites Jim Browns records. He will be finished in 3-4 yrs.

I give him one more year like this one before he fades into the same cave Larry Johnson went into after his two big years of heavy workloads.

cutthemdown
12-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Really? Where did you putt that one out of?

Just different fantasy sites i go around to.

maven
12-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Trade him for Brady Quinn? A ****ing scrub? Who ****ing sucked in Cleveland. And tossed in a motha****ing pick? WTF

broncocalijohn
12-23-2010, 01:56 AM

I dont even think he is a Alstott type player as he is a grinder but also the full time RB and he catches passes. That being said, I am sure they want to keep him but no way he gets first round money based on this one year. He will be paid nicely but he needs to think long term, less pay if I get hurt or take a 2 year and go all out getting a bigger contract after that. Tough decision. He is probably just too dumb to even care :)

bowtown
12-23-2010, 02:16 AM
Trade him for Brady Quinn? A ****ing scrub? Who ****ing sucked in Cleveland. And tossed in a motha****ing pick? WTF

Think this was covered somewhere in the thread already, but I'd have to go back and check.

Bronco Yoda
12-23-2010, 03:53 AM
My roommate is a Browns fan and I live in Ohio, so I've seen just about every Browns game this year. It's pretty apparent that Hillis' over-use is either starting to, or will become an issue. I fear for his health, really. No one wants to end up like Earl Campbell.

Yeah, he's all they got. If they're not careful, they risk wearing him down to a nub.

CEH
12-23-2010, 07:43 AM
BenJarvus Green-Ellis is doing pretty well in NE.

Is BB an idiot for not recognizing his talent 2 years into his career. A career backup even into this year playing due to injuries to Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk and the trade of LM

Gosh what a scrub. Couln't even make it on the field for NE until all the other RBs went down

This is the same logic applied to Hillis throughout this thread in relation to Shanny and McD.

Guys just need a chance to shine

Bronkota
12-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Santa

I want one of these for my team......

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bronkota/3833075381_aa8891453c_z.jpg

go_broncos
12-24-2010, 09:37 AM
I miss Hillis..If i am bowlen, i will fire Mcd every day for making this trade.
MCD..YOU MORON..why did u screw my team?

Pony Boy
12-24-2010, 09:39 AM
Santa

I want one of these for my team......

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/bronkota/3833075381_aa8891453c_z.jpg

I think we still have one but he wears #15

DHallblows
12-24-2010, 10:33 AM

And he can throw better, but not block as well

OABB
12-24-2010, 11:42 AM
And he can throw better, but not block as well

And he can read too.

tsiguy96
12-24-2010, 12:02 PM

dramatic much?

go_broncos
12-24-2010, 12:20 PM

so..you are comparing 1st round QB pick with Hillis???

:spit:

OABB
12-24-2010, 12:41 PM

hillis has been compared to alstott, larry csonka, and earl campbell here too. what is apparent is that you are all insane.

(hey aren't you the guy who laughed at me for predicting 1220 yards from moreno and than when he was second in the league in yards after his oline got good you changed your insult to me predicting he would be "great" because he was still on pace for 1000 despite missing three games? and than when he got hurt yo went back to yardage and said you predicted that he was injury prone and than you called him a bust and said he sucked?)

Pony Boy
12-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Yes... Hillis is playing like a first round pick and will probably get a new contract that reflects that. Hillis and Tebow both play full out and their dedication to strength and conditioning is second to none.

Hillis and Tebow in the same backfield would be awesome

Karenin
12-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Reuben Droughns-like production is what you consider playing like a 1st round pick? You do realize he's like 6th in the AFC in rushing, right?

wandlc
12-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Not bad for starting only 12 games and playing through injury and being in the same conference as Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Oh, and having the most pathetic pass offense to open up defenses. Wish we had a RB who could still be productive while playing through injury.

Pony Boy
12-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Reuben Droughns-like production is what you consider playing like a 1st round pick? You do realize he's like 6th in the AFC in rushing, right?

Right... let's see Hillis is 20 yards behind Adrian Peterson and he is ahead of #1 picks Darren McFadden and Knowshon Moreno (25 on th list) and others Cedric Benson and Felix Jones and several more if you care to check. What part of playing like a first round pick do you not understand?

colonelbeef
12-24-2010, 03:33 PM
Not bad for starting only 12 games and playing through injury and being in the same conference as Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Oh, and having the most pathetic pass offense to open up defenses. Wish we had a RB who could still be productive while playing through injury.

But but but I heard that he can't read

-Poops

Karenin
12-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Right... let's see Hillis is 20 yards behind Adrian Peterson and he is ahead of #1 picks Darren McFadden and Knowshon Moreno (25 on th list) and others Cedric Benson and Felix Jones and several more if you care to check. What part of playing like a first round pick do you not understand?

http://stormtyy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cool_story_bro.jpg

colonelbeef
12-24-2010, 06:43 PM
http://stormtyy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/cool_story_bro.jpg

fail, bro

broncocalijohn
12-25-2010, 12:22 PM

And how many first rounders (running backs) in their 3rd year are having a better year? As of right now, you know what you get with him. WIth a first rounder, you are spending a ton of money on a possibility of playing top notch. Will he get 1st round money? I dont think so but it will be a nice contract.

Pony Boy
12-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I hope Santa brought Popps a Hills Fathead for Christmas.....

broncocalijohn
12-25-2010, 12:53 PM

I dont think they make Fatheads for Hillis. After all, why would you need that much skull space for a guy without a brain?

cutthemdown
12-25-2010, 12:54 PM
BenJarvus Green-Ellis is doing pretty well in NE.

Is BB an idiot for not recognizing his talent 2 years into his career. A career backup even into this year playing due to injuries to Fred Taylor and Kevin Faulk and the trade of LM

Gosh what a scrub. Couln't even make it on the field for NE until all the other RBs went down

This is the same logic applied to Hillis throughout this thread in relation to Shanny and McD.

Guys just need a chance to shine

hmmmmm the Law Firm is a journeyman role player who has a ton of tds because he plays on a great offense. Billy boy knew what he had and knows what he has. NE will still look to upgrade the RB spot in the offseason.

colonelbeef
12-25-2010, 01:38 PM
I dont think they make Fatheads for Hillis. After all, why would you need that much skull space for a guy without a brain?

They can't make a Hillis fathead for fear that it would crush too many walls

Pony Boy
12-25-2010, 02:37 PM

You betcha...and it's a beauty....

http://www.fathead.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/peyton-hillis/

Popps
12-25-2010, 05:10 PM

I asked for one, but Santa said they only stocked top 5 rushers from this season.

I told him I loved his "guns," but he said that just sounded a little weird.

However, I've been informed they make huggable, inflatable "lifelike" Hillis dolls... so you may want to Google that for yourself?

ant1999e
12-25-2010, 05:43 PM

You are one silly ****er. :rofl:

Missouribronc
12-25-2010, 05:49 PM

I miss the one good game he had as a Bronco too. That KC game was so glorious. I jerk off to it every night.

oubronco
12-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I can't believe you guys are still argueing over a player that's still not on our team

broncocalijohn
12-25-2010, 07:38 PM
X

There were zero signs Hillis would do what he did.

Hell, even in Cleveland he was close to being cut, as the fourth string back.

Olandis Gary had one hell of a season too. Quite frankly, Gary's was better.

McDaniels did some stupid ****, but trading a 4th string running back for a backup quarterback isn't one of them. Especially considering how much you ****ing idiots hated Chris Simms.

sorry Oubronco but when you have morons like this trying to point out that Hillis isnt and currently isnt something special, this thread will never die. Comparing Gary to Hillis this year was pretty laughable.

Here are the stats as of 12/8/10 so hillis added to it:
BTW, Gary 1999 stats: 12 games, 276 ATT, 1159 yards, 7TDs, 4.2 average, 96.6 ypg--21 rec, 159 yards, 0 TDs
P. Hillis 2010 stats: 12 games, 217 ATT, 962 yards, 11 TDs, 4.4 average,
80.1 ypg--53 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs.

Missouribronc
12-25-2010, 09:50 PM
sorry Oubronco but when you have morons like this trying to point out that Hillis isnt and currently isnt something special, this thread will never die. Comparing Gary to Hillis this year was pretty laughable.

Here are the stats as of 12/8/10 so hillis added to it:
BTW, Gary 1999 stats: 12 games, 276 ATT, 1159 yards, 7TDs, 4.2 average, 96.6 ypg--21 rec, 159 yards, 0 TDs
P. Hillis 2010 stats: 12 games, 217 ATT, 962 yards, 11 TDs, 4.4 average,
80.1 ypg--53 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs.

Yes, because clearly Hillis showed that he was going to be a 1,000 yard rusher while in Denver. All 397 yards in two seasons.

Do you really not remember how unproductive he was? Do you really not remember how he was beat out by a third string linebacker for the fullback position?

Really? You people are so silly.

broncocalijohn
12-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Yes, because clearly Hillis showed that he was going to be a 1,000 yard rusher while in Denver. All 397 yards in two seasons.

Do you really not remember how unproductive he was? Do you really not remember how he was beat out by a third string linebacker for the fullback position?

Really? You people are so silly.

Dont give us what he was before he got his shot. Why would you even argue this? Soooo many people here knew what Hillis can do and publically cried it that we should use him. McDaniels refused to and didnt. He then thought he was only worth a 3rd string QB and even gave a pick for him. Who looks like the fool now? You, McDaniels and the Broncos organization. He was unprodcutive when he wasnt used. When he was used during those games he started, he was a beast. I guess you are too much up McD's ass to remember because he sure couldnt from what he saw on video. Amazing we have to come back to this. Who looks more silly when you put his total stats and yet leave out the stats that matter and that is when he started at HB and not FB for us. Care to give us those stats?

Pony Boy
12-25-2010, 11:48 PM

Do you really not remember how unproductive he was? Do you really not remember how he was beat out by a third string linebacker for the fullback position?Really? You people are so silly.

That's why this thread lives on....Hillis was never beat out of anything, too many fans here know that.. as Hillis would say "that dog don't hunt".

Inkana7
12-25-2010, 11:51 PM
That's why this thread lives on....Hillis was never beat out of anything, too many fans here know that.. as Hillis would say "that dog don't hunt".

Then please explain Larsen starting at FB over him in 2008.

Archer81
12-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Insanity: Repeating the same behavior, each time expecting a different result.

This thread...good gravy. Nice player...but the dude is gone. The man who traded him is gone. Let it go.

Woosah.

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
12-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Insanity: Repeating the same behavior, each time expecting a different result.

This thread...good gravy. Nice player...but the dude is gone. The man who traded him is gone. Let it go.

Woosah.

When you get MissouriBronc and this gem of a post, how can you not bash it in their thick skulls. Inkana wants to compare what Hillis did for the Broncos in those games in 2008 (those that he started at RB) by making some lame point that Larsen started ahead of Hillis at........wait for it......fullback. Well, there you go. If he cant start at FB, then I guess whatever he did at RB must be thrown out!

Cito Pelon
12-26-2010, 12:15 AM
What is Hillis' contract status? One more year left on the rookie deal? Two more?

Pony Boy
12-26-2010, 12:18 AM

Well do you want an explanation why he wasn't starting at QB in 2008 also?

Read my lips "We are talking about why he is no longer a Bronco and starting at RB in 2010"....

broncocalijohn
12-26-2010, 12:24 AM
What is Hillis' contract status? One more year left on the rookie deal? Two more?

Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis has one more year on his rookie contract, making only $391,370 a season. from msn.foxsports.com

Here is Quinn's contract which isnt too bad (TG!)

Quinn, who still has two seasons remaining on his original five-year, $9.2 million contract, is a relative bargain in base salary for the Broncos at the moment. He is scheduled to earn $700,000 in base salary in both the 2010 and 2011 seasons. However, that price goes up significantly if he becomes the starter.

$1.4 for insurance in QB and Hillis is at less than $800k for the two years.

Cito Pelon
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis has one more year on his rookie contract, making only $391,370 a season. from msn.foxsports.com

Here is Quinn's contract which isnt too bad (TG!)

Quinn, who still has two seasons remaining on his original five-year, $9.2 million contract, is a relative bargain in base salary for the Broncos at the moment. He is scheduled to earn $700,000 in base salary in both the 2010 and 2011 seasons. However, that price goes up significantly if he becomes the starter.

$1.4 for insurance in QB and Hillis is at less than $800k for the two years.

ONLY $391k/yr. After dropping close to $3k on Christmas presents this year I wish I ONLY made $391k/yr. And I'm as beat up as any football player.

Whatever, I was thinking Hillis could wait out that contract, go FA, maybe get picked up by a contender.

Cito Pelon
12-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Provided anybody wants his dumb as a mule and twice as ugly presence on their team.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Hillis is having a monster game today!

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 01:48 PM

**** you McD!!!!

tnedator
12-26-2010, 02:02 PM

You claim (never one to shy away from patting your own back) that you have a brilliant football mind, but you ignore the fact that Ray Lewis' comments made it clear that they were game planning to stop Hillis.

Sad, Req, real sad.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 02:04 PM
You claim (never one to shy away from patting your own back) that you have a brilliant football mind, but you ignore the fact that Ray Lewis' comments made it clear that they were game planning to stop Hillis.

Sad, Req, real sad.

Of course they are going to try and stop the guy who accounts for half of their offense.

"Big time players, make big time plays in big game." -- Coach Teflon

Guess he couldn't make a big play today.

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Of course they are going to try and stop the guy who accounts for half of their offense.

Of course, coming from a subjective point of view, you will take the easy, cursory glance at the stats and try to make some sort of half-assed assumption, but when judging Hillis and his performance, the fact that the passing game in Cleveland is non-existent must be taken into account.

tnedator
12-26-2010, 02:28 PM

This is where your trollishness offsets what ever little amount of football knowledge you actually have.

When a team like the Ravens gameplan to stop one dimension of an offense (Hillis/rushing game), and say "McCoy, you beat us if you can" and the rookie throws up 3 INTs and has a bad game, you are going to blame the guy the defense sold out to stop?

You are one of these guys that is so full of himself and so incapable of admitting they are ever wrong, that you will make a complete ass of yourself in attempting to 'prove' why you are right. It's sad, really. Not sure how you are going to survive in the real world if you ever graduate college.

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 02:32 PM
So apparently its ok for a "great" player to play bad if the other team game plans for them. Ohhhh. Got it, guys.

Listen, if a player is truly great, they perform well even when game planned for.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 02:35 PM
This is where your trollishness offsets what ever little amount of football knowledge you actually have.

Hillis had a bad game today, sorry. And I wouldn't be so quick to judge my football knowledge, I don't think you have much acumen or experience in that regard, so you really shouldn't bother.

When a team like the Ravens gameplan to stop one dimension of an offense (Hillis/rushing game), and say "McCoy, you beat us if you can" and the rookie throws up 3 INTs and has a bad game, you are going to blame the guy the defense sold out to stop?

I didn't blame Hillis for anything. Stated he had a bad game. Did he have a good one?

You are one of these guys that is so full of himself and so incapable of admitting they are ever wrong, that you will make a complete ass of yourself in attempting to 'prove' why you are right.

Wrong on what, Hillis? There is no right or wrong in this. I said it was a mistake to get rid of him (hindsight) and he is a player we could have utilized here on the team. I'm just not impressed with a guy who has statistical inflation because he receives almost half of the teams play calls. On a more balanced team, he doesn't produce like he does. My belief.

It's sad, really. Not sure how you are going to survive in the real world if you ever graduate college.

Yeah, because my take on Hillis is completely relevant to the ability to survive in the real world. And, I already did -- and I'm doing well for myself. Thanks.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Of course, coming from a subjective point of view, you will take the easy, cursory glance at the stats and try to make some sort of half-assed assumption, but when judging Hillis and his performance, the fact that the passing game in Cleveland is non-existent must be taken into account.

Sure, and if you want to use binary logic, one can easily state that his stats are inflated because so much of the offense is funneled through him because the passing game is non-existent. See how easy that was?

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Sure, and if you want to use binary logic, one can easily state that his stats are inflated because so much of the offense is funneled through him because the passing game is non-existent. See how easy that was?

I said that the passing game was ineffective and therefore allowed defenses to key on Hillis which is of course true, not that his touches where somehow inflated, which is the only way your argument would hold any water.

Can you show me how Hillis receives more touches than other starting RBs, or are you once again pulling up subjective points in order to back up your nonexistent point?

I say the latter.

Also, you fail to take into account (shocker, I know) the fact that Hillis has only started 13 games this year, thereby further deflating his stats.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Do you honestly believe that other running backs across the league get 40% of their teams play calls?

I'm not going to go through every teams starter, but I'd be willing to do the calculations for the Top 10-15.

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Do you honestly believe that other running backs across the league get 40% of their teams play calls?

I'm not going to go through every teams starter, but I'd be willing to do the calculations for the Top 10-15.

where are you getting 40% from?

Hillis had 16 touches last week, and 12 this week. I'd be willing to bet that your stat is incorrect.

Does he get touches? You're damn right he does, he is the best player on an otherwise crap offense. He makes those touches count though.

suggesting that his stats are somehow out of line with the rest of the league leading RBs is ridiculous, and yet still you are claiming to have a point.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 03:02 PM
40% was based off of # of carries and # targets in the passing game which is then divided by the number of offensive plays called by the Browns. I did the calculation a few weeks ago, it was 40%.

Garcia Bronco
12-26-2010, 03:05 PM
end this nonsense.

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 03:08 PM
40% was based off of # of carries and # targets in the passing game which is then divided by the number of offensive plays called by the Browns. I did the calculation a few weeks ago, it was 40%.

it's not anymore after the last few weeks; regardless- suggesting that this is somehow above and beyond when compared to the other top RBs in the league is incorrect. Here is your original argument:

Which of course is false, and utilizes faulty logic.

You tried to bend my logical argument- that Hillis is Keyed on due to a lack of an effective passing game, and that his accomplishments are therefore that much more impressive- and paint a corner in which you wished for me to reside. This tact has failed.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 03:15 PM
it's not anymore after the last few weeks; regardless- suggesting that this is somehow above and beyond when compared to the other top RBs in the league is incorrect. Here is your original argument:

I'll wait until I can get all the statistics from this weeks games and then do some calculations. It isn't going to be any smaller than 35%, which is still a high amount.

And how is my suggestion incorrect? Would you like to prove it wrong? Go ahead and do the calculations, that is if you are any good at math. (I'm assuming not since you had to ask how I came up with such a calculation, moreover the fact that you stated the Redskins had a losing culture over the past 20 years, despite more winning seasons than losing, and six playoff appearances in that time.)

You tried to bend my logical argument- that Hillis is Keyed on due to a lack of an effective passing game, and that his accomplishments are therefore that much more impressive- and paint a corner in which you wished for me to reside. This tact has failed.

I think you are a little behind here.

I've already stated these thoughts throughout the thread:

Hillis is the only viable option on the Browns offense and they have a non-existent passing game. (Heck, before any of the Hillis supporters I made this claim.)

Hillis being the only viable option on offense is why it is filtered through him, because he has proven to be the only skill player worth a damn for them.

Hillis, because of the inefficiency of other players, has had ~ 40% of the team's play calls go through him, an extremely high and unbalanced number.

Your argumentation is that, even with defenses keying in on him, he still produces, and that him starting 13 games "deflates" his statistics. Ah Hell, I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore.

I just want to know if you cried this much when Reuben Droughns tore it up for the Browns?

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 03:17 PM
Droughns wasn't white and didn't have GUNS

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll wait until I can get all the statistics from this weeks games and then do some calculations. It isn't going to be any smaller than 35%, which is still a high amount.

And how is my suggestion incorrect? Would you like to prove it wrong? Go ahead and do the calculations, that is if you are any good at math. (I'm assuming not since you had to ask how I came up with such a calculation, moreover the fact that you stated the Redskins had a losing culture over the past 20 years, despite more winning seasons than losing, and six playoff appearances in that time.)

I think you are a little behind here.

I've already stated these thoughts throughout the thread:

Hillis is the only viable option on the Browns offense and they have a non-existent passing game. (Heck, before any of the Hillis supporters I made this claim.)

Hillis being the only viable option on offense is why it is filtered through him, because he has proven to be the only skill player worth a damn for them.

Hillis, because of the inefficiency of other players, has had ~ 40% of the team's play calls go through him, an extremely high and unbalanced number.

Your argumentation is that, even with defenses keying in on him, he still produces, and that him starting 13 games "deflates" his statistics. Ah Hell, I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore.

I just want to know if you cried this much when Reuben Droughns tore it up for the Browns?

It's not so much the loss of the player as it is the total lack of talent evaluation and the horrendous lack of return the Broncos have gotten via personnel moves over the last 1.9 years

tsiguy96
12-26-2010, 03:18 PM
It's not so much the loss of the player as it is the total lack of talent evaluation and the horrendous lack of return the Broncos have gotten via personnel moves over the last 1.9 years

yea, ignore the teams depth chart prior to mcdaniels arrival, thats not a selective argument at all...

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Then why not make a thread about that broad topic instead of making this one as your personal equivalent of an angst-y teenager's room?

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Then why not make a thread about that broad topic instead of making this one as your personal equivalent of an angst-y teenager's room?

This is a Hills thread, but the implications of his misuse, trade, and the subsequent failure of the McDaniels-led Broncos are tied together

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
This is a Hills thread, but the implications of his misuse, trade, and the subsequent failure of the McDaniels-led Broncos are tied together

No. This is a Hillis thread. The title says it all.

And McDaniels did not fail because he traded Hillis.

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 03:31 PM
No. This is a Hillis thread. The title says it all.

And McDaniels did not fail because he traded Hillis.

Sure he did- McDaniels failed because he was unable to work with the talent handed to him, plain and simple. Hillis is just another example of his failure. The biggest one is of course QBing an 11 win, first round bye playoff team in Chicago, but you are undoubtedly aware of that adorably painful fact as well.

Every post you make is tainted by the simple fact that you were totally unable to see that McDaniels was en route to a massive failure, and now you make it worse by being unable to admit you were so blind and incapable of recognizing said failure.

In conclusion, you should probably let the people who were right about such things talk when and were they see fit, you might learn something

Requiem
12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
You mean how you were right about the Redskins having a losing culture? LULZ.

Inkana7
12-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Sure he did- McDaniels failed because he was unable to work with the talent handed to him, plain and simple. Hillis is just another example of his failure. The biggest one is of course QBing an 11 win, first round bye playoff team in Chicago, but you are undoubtedly aware of that adorably painful fact as well.
This year is Cutler's first winning season as a starting Quarterback since his senior year in high school. Sorry, but I really don't miss him and his pouty face and red zone picks much at all.

Every post you make is tainted by the simple fact that you were totally unable to see that McDaniels was en route to a massive failure, and now you make it worse by being unable to admit you were so blind and incapable of recognizing said failure.

In conclusion, you should probably let the people who were right about such things talk when and were they see fit, you might learn something

Every post I make is designed to bug you and most of your ilk, because it's so funny to see someone so wrong about most things start using a holier-than-thou attitude. Case in point: what you just said.

Karenin
01-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Hillis putting in another Droughns-like performance, with 5 rushes for 13 yards in the first half. In a hilarious turn of events, he's even getting out-rushed by Mike Bell, much like Droughns did while in Denver.

Popps
01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Yea, I notice no one bumped this thread the day the Pro Bowl rosters were announced. Weird, after all of those guarantees.

Hillis took a crap in the fantasy playoffs. That's the only thing I have against him. Otherwise, I wish him the best of luck. Love watching the kid run.

Looks like Hillis will finish between 10th-12th in rushing on the season. Very nice season, but probably worth the endless circle-jerk going on around here, either.

McDaniels traded away:

-Quitler
-Hillis
-Marshall

... and essentially replaced them with:

-Tebow/Orton
-Moreno
-Lloyd

Personally, I'll sleep just fine with all of that.

Popps
01-02-2011, 01:00 PM
This year is Cutler's first winning season as a starting Quarterback since his senior year in high school. Sorry, but I really don't miss him and his pouty face and red zone picks much at all.

Cutler is going to ride the Chicago D/Running game into the playoffs just like Grossman did a few years back.

Hey, good work if you can get it. Hopefully we'll be able to put that kind of system around our QB and have even greater success.

go_broncos
01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Hillis putting in another Droughns-like performance, with 5 rushes for 13 yards in the first half. In a hilarious turn of events, he's even getting out-rushed by Mike Bell, much like Droughns did while in Denver.

Dumbass..you do know that we gave a pick and Hillis to get Quinn.
open your eyes and think..who won that trade?

Gort
01-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Cutler is going to ride the Chicago D/Running game into the playoffs just like Grossman did a few years back.

Hey, good work if you can get it. Hopefully we'll be able to put that kind of system around our QB and have even greater success.

if SEA wins today, they make the playoffs with a 7-9 record. with Charlie Whitehurst as their QB!!! ...which is the exact same accomplishment that Cutler has at this point. ha.

let the Cutler doublechinhuggers ponder that for a moment.

ROFL!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

If thats the case, so did Elway.

Gort
01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

when did the Denver D and running game "carry" Elway into the playoffs? until the end of Elway's career with TD, we never had a solid running game. and the Broncos were blown out in Elway's first 3 SB trips, so there wasn't much D on display in those years.

Karenin
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Dumbass..you do know that we gave a pick and Hillis to get Quinn.
open your eyes and think..who won that trade?

cool story bro.

not sure why i didn't do this a long time ago

Unread 01-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Remove user from ignore list
go_broncos
This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list.

Popps
01-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Hilarious!

Level or not, that's awesome.

Popps
01-02-2011, 01:09 PM
when did the Denver D and running game "carry" Elway into the playoffs? until the end of Elway's career with TD, we never had a solid running game. and the Broncos were blown out in Elway's first 3 SB trips, so there wasn't much D on display in those years.

I assume it was a joke. It couldn't have been serious.

go_broncos
01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
cool story bro.

not sure why i didn't do this a long time ago

Hilarious!..

That's the only thing Mcd fans knew...

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Are people still tripping that Cutler isn't a great quarterback? Really?

frerottenextelway
01-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Denver did have the #1 D in 89 and was solid all through the 80s, but Elway certainly brought his share to the teams too.

Cito Pelon
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Well, actually Elway did benefit from a great D many years and a solid running game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/

Denver had some great D's. Very low points allowed.

The point is, it takes a well-rounded team to make the playoffs even if you have a great QB.

TonyR
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM
This Hillis and Cutler lovers are all quiet today...

HAT
01-02-2011, 06:47 PM
This Hillis lovers are all quiet today...

2.2 YPC will do that....

Arkie
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Defenses are so focused on stopping Hillis even when he's been extremely beaten up the last few weeks. He was in and out last week with sore ribs vs. Baltimore. Ed Reed got in a good shot to his back. He missed practice all week. Mike Tomlin said they would keep after Hillis play after play with multiple people.

Karenin
01-02-2011, 08:16 PM
This Hillis and Cutler lovers are all quiet today...

The Hillis lovers have been quiet for what... 4 weeks now? When was the last time he did something worth mentioning?

Archer81
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Well...

This corpse of a thread has been dug up, beat up and humped into oblivion enough.

HAT
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
The Hillis lovers have been quiet for what... 4 weeks now? When was the last time he did something worth mentioning?

1998? Oh, Sorry, that was Shanahan.

Karenin
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Well...

This corpse of a thread has been dug up, beat up and humped into oblivion enough.

well, when it was getting bumped every time Hillis had an 80 yard masterpiece, it's only fair to bump it when he puts together 4 straight stinkers to end the season.

DBroncos4life
01-03-2011, 01:29 AM

2010 Denver Broncos: 1398 yards rushing 12 tds
2010 Peyton Hills: 1164 yards rusing and 11 tds.

We are a much better team without Hills, in fact I bet we would be 4 win team with out this trade.

Karenin
01-03-2011, 05:34 AM
What's your point exactly? That the Broncos had more rush yards than Peyton Hillis? Right, that's to be expected.

Arkie
01-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Hillis ran in twice as many TDs than the total from all of our RBs. His 1164 rushing yards is more than all of our RBs too, and he also had 1600+ yards from scrimmage despite defenses keying on him. He didn't end the season with 4 straight stinkers, just the last two with him banged up not playing much. So, he basically outperformed in 14 games the entire Broncos RB unit over 16 games.

bfoflcommish
01-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Hillis ran in twice as many TDs than the total from all of our RBs. His 1164 rushing yards is more than all of our RBs too, and he also had 1600+ yards from scrimmage despite defenses keying on him. He didn't end the season with 4 straight stinkers, just the last two with him banged up not playing much. So, he basically outperformed in 14 games the entire Broncos RB unit over 16 games.

he also had more fumbles than all our rb's combined too, but that doesnt matter right. including 2 games where he fumbled in red zone when they had a chance to win at end of game

Beantown Bronco
01-03-2011, 11:58 AM
So, he basically outperformed in 14 games the entire Broncos RB unit over 16 games.

Less impressive when you consider at least 10 other RBs can probably say the same.

Arkie
01-03-2011, 12:04 PM
No doubt he fumbled too much this year. That's something he can work on, but bruisers like Riggins and Earl Campbell fumbled a lot.

Gutless Drunk
01-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Less impressive when you consider at least 10 other RBs can probably say the same.

Actually only 5 other backs had at least 1177 yards and 11 TD.

McDaniels is gone... you guys don't have to hate Hillis anymore.

He had a great year and I'm sure the browns are happy to have him.

Let it go.

broncocalijohn
01-03-2011, 12:11 PM

We are a much better team without Hills, in fact I bet we would be 4 win team with out this trade.

This is probably the most insane stat to put up against any player. So, if I take Moses in his glory days of the 1984 Olympics (440 yard run) and had 20 athletes that werent as good as Moses but had them (including Moses) run a 5 mile race. The 20 athletes ran 400 yards each. Gee, wonder who would win the race? You are comparing a team stat with one individual. But let us take your advice and see what other RBs would not make the Broncos better based on having less yards than our team as a whole.
3 Michael Turner, RB ATL 334 1371 4.1
4 Chris Johnson, RB TEN 316 1364 4.3
5 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAC 299 1324 4.4
6 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN 283 1298 4.6
7 Rashard Mendenhall, RB PIT 324 1273 3.9
8 Steven Jackson, RB STL 330 1241 3.8
9 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG 276 1235 4.5
10 Ray Rice, RB BAL 307 1220

Here is our featured back for the year...
24 Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN 182 779 4.3

It took 2 QBs, 4 RBs and at least 1 FB plus a draft pick with the Hillis trade to surpass Hillis' numbers! Next time, have stats based on things that can trully be compared. This post and stats is so ****ing rediculous, it deserves a fat neg rep. The Hillis debate isnt as much as who is better but McDaniels getting rid of a running back that benefits the team. We could have had both backs especially when Moreno was injured. Are we better for not having Hillis and instead having a 3rd string QB plus giving up a pick in 2011? ****ing moron. You make Karenin, Missouribronc and MVPlaya look like Einsteins.

Archer81
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM

24.9 1,544 3.9 96.5 13
att/g yds ypc ypg rtd

Not mindblowingly better than 1,398 yards, but I feel it is important to be accurate.

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Actually only 5 other backs had at least 1177 yards and 11 TD.

McDaniels is gone... you guys don't have to hate Hillis anymore.

He had a great year and I'm sure the browns are happy to have him.

Let it go.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wbtZLza5SIk/THPPLYDnW_I/AAAAAAAADEM/R7H0LPW40XE/s400/Irony.jpg

He is a Browns player.

K thnx bai.

Gutless Drunk
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wbtZLza5SIk/THPPLYDnW_I/AAAAAAAADEM/R7H0LPW40XE/s400/Irony.jpg

He is a Browns player.

K thnx bai.

I was referring the the irrational dislike of the young man..not the subject.

You... I can understand:

2KBack
01-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Ooooh....are we playing with stats in here?
You know if you give Moreno the same number of carries as Hillis got he ends up with a stat line like this:
270 1161 4.3

broncocalijohn
01-03-2011, 12:34 PM
You know if you give Moreno the same number of carries as Hillis got he ends up with a stat line like this:
270 1161 4.3

problem is he didnt get the same numbers because he didnt play hurt and had to sit out of many games/snaps. This is where having another good back would have been beneficial...like keeping Hillis.

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 12:35 PM
270 1161 4.3

The Broncos fans that are justifying Hillis poor run at the end of the year after an excellent year because he has injuries are the same Broncos fans that say Moreno is a bust due to his injuries.

http://www.napafirewise.org/siren.gif

;)

cabronco
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
270 1161 4.3

That's virtually impossible, as Moreno gets winded every couple plays and has to go out and take a knee.

yerner
01-03-2011, 12:37 PM
wow. this thread still breathing? epic.

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 12:40 PM
I was referring the the irrational dislike of the young man..not the subject.

You... I can understand:

That's beer. Indeed. What?

Are you Taco's alt?

And let me make this clear, MOST people don't hate Hillis, they hate Hillis fanboys or to use some's preferred term, nuthuggers. Not Hillis.

Archer81
01-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Are you Taco's alt?

And let me make this clear, MOST people don't hate Hillis, they hate Hillis fanboys or to use some's preferred term, nuthuggers. Not Hillis.

I dont hate Hillis. In fact, I wish to know him biblically.

Mwa ha ha ha ha...wait...what were we talking about?

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
I dont hate Hillis. In fact, I wish to know him biblically.

Mwa ha ha ha ha...wait...what were we talking about?

We were discussing all of the people who have posted in this thread, a big bouncy castle, Hillis and lots of cooking oil.

go_broncos
01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
It's weird that people still support Mcd for making this trade.
Wake up..Mcd is fired for making these type of trades.

TonyR
01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
...because he didnt play hurt...

I don't disagree with your point about having another back but Moreno "played hurt" more often than not including yesterday. Moreno was listed as questionable and played.

Archer81
01-03-2011, 12:51 PM
It's weird that people still support Mcd for making this trade.
Wake up..Mcd is fired for making these type of trades.

You need to follow the development of this thread. In your defense, it is well over 100 pages and 3600 posts, but no one is "supporting McD"...most of the people arguing realize Hillis is gone, McD is gone and arguing about it is counter productive and rather stupid.

That clear it up for you, giggles?

rugbythug
Hollis wont start next year.

Archer81
We were discussing all of the people who have posted in this thread, a big bouncy castle, Hillis and lots of cooking oil.

Mmmm...Hillis and oil...

go_broncos
01-03-2011, 12:57 PM
You need to follow the development of this thread. In your defense, it is well over 100 pages and 3600 posts, but no one is "supporting McD"...most of the people arguing realize Hillis is gone, McD is gone and arguing about it is counter productive and rather stupid.

That clear it up for you, giggles?

you need to tell to the posters that keeps saying that Hillis is not a good back.
I will take him over Mr.'Bust' Moreno.

Kaylore
01-03-2011, 12:58 PM
you need to tell to the posters that keeps saying that Hillis is not a good back.

Are you upset about us trading Hillis? Tell us your feelings...

Archer81
01-03-2011, 01:02 PM

I dont need to tell anyone anything, star shine. But it is interesting that if you project Moreno's numbers over 16 games, he ends up with 1100 yards and 11 tds...which is nearly identical to Hillis. And no one is saying Hillis is not a good back. Most of them dont care because he no longer plays for the Broncos.

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid or what?

bendog
01-03-2011, 01:12 PM
hillis is a coach killer x2. (-:

Gutless Drunk
01-03-2011, 01:16 PM

Are you Taco's alt?

Oh...I see.

I don't get this either. Why do you hate someone because they like something?

I don't like baseball or Lady Gaga at all.

Evidently many people like baseball and Lady Gaga.

I do not hate these people because they like baseball or Lady Gaga.

If there was a thread about baseball or Lady Gaga I would not click on it to tell those people that I hate them for liking baseball or Lady Gaga.

I don't get it. I guess I fail the Internets.

broncocalijohn
01-03-2011, 01:24 PM

Are you Taco's alt?

No, most people dont hate Hillis or their fans. Most hate the fact that we got rid of him as he could have been used the last two years. Only the McD strap ons could be your "most". Plus, as stated by many, it isnt a case of who is better, but having both. Hillis didnt leave us, McD shipped him away with what turned out to be a lopsided trade and we got the short end of the stick. The haters have posted in this thread have made themselves look like complete morons. There is no way stating that Hillis could not have helped this team the last two years can be correct. It is irrational thought based on being everything Pro Broncos. Sometimes seeing problems in your franchise is what rational thought is not being a complete homer and just looking for anything positive to keep that smile from cheek to cheek.

vancejohnson82
01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
he's an average back....just like Moreno

its nice to have two backs that are average, especially when they both have a penchant for being injured

McD shouldn't have let him go..but it really would have had LITTLE impact on how our season worked out...he maybe would've helped us get another win

Inkana7
01-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I know one thing, he really screwed up my fantasy team with his late season suckage.

Missouribronc
01-03-2011, 01:53 PM
No, most people dont hate Hillis or their fans. Most hate the fact that we got rid of him as he could have been used the last two years. Only the McD strap ons could be your "most". Plus, as stated by many, it isnt a case of who is better, but having both. Hillis didnt leave us, McD shipped him away with what turned out to be a lopsided trade and we got the short end of the stick. The haters have posted in this thread have made themselves look like complete morons. There is no way stating that Hillis could not have helped this team the last two years can be correct. It is irrational thought based on being everything Pro Broncos. Sometimes seeing problems in your franchise is what rational thought is not being a complete homer and just looking for anything positive to keep that smile from cheek to cheek.

OK, you're right he would have added some yards, had he been able to give Denver what he gave Cleveland. Now, we'll leave out the fact that he couldn't or wouldn't work hard enough in practice (we don't know which it was, if McDaniels wouldn't give him the opportunity, or he didn't work hard enough to earn it) to win a spot on the field in Denver, and just go with the numbers.

Let's say Hillis' 270 rushes came in Denver.

Who's losing the carries? Moreno? He had a 4.3 YPC and Hillis had a 4.4.

The Broncos ran it 398 times (for comparison Cleveland ran it 413), so that leaves 128 carries to go around.

Kyle Orton had 22 carries for 98 yards, averaging that out, he would have had 27 for 120 yards. So, we're down to 106 carries left.

Say Moreno received 90 of those carries. That's 385 yards. Averaging out his TDs to .02 per carry, thats 2.4 touchdowns. So let's say 385 yards, 2 touchdowns.

The other 16 carries go to Buckhalter. That's 16 carries and 40 yards for Buckhalter.

What does this do to final numbers for the team?
398 carries, 1700 yards, 13 TDs.

Hillis' impact on this team, assuming he had the same numbers in Denver gives Denver an extra 166 yards and the same number of touchdowns. Denver would have moved all the way up to 19th in the NFL in rushing, (They were 26th), and it wouldn't have changed Denver's scoring offense numbers.

I look at that, and just think that giving up Hillis, who had not produced in Denver up to that point, to provide a sure thing at backup quarterback in a guy who had played well in spots for Cleveland, isn't that big of a deal. Certainly not the crazy venom that was directed at McDaniels for making the trade.

Now, had we known that Hillis would run for 1100 yards in Cleveland, probably wouldn't have made the trade. But the trade made sense at the time. What DIDN'T make sense was a month later taking Tebow in the first round, leaving yourself with three quarterbacks. Had McDaniels NOT taken Tebow, the Hillis trade would make a lot more sense, in my opinion.

Additionally, had Moreno been healthy, I think he could have produced similar, if not better numbers to Hillis, and Denver's running game likely would have been better than Cleveland's.

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.mocustomers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/albert-einstein-intuition.jpg

ohiobronco2
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I know one thing, he really screwed up my fantasy team with his late season suckage.

His All Pro line failed him.

ohiobronco2
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
he's an average back....just like Moreno

its nice to have two backs that are average, especially when they both have a penchant for being injured

McD shouldn't have let him go..but it really would have had LITTLE impact on how our season worked out...he maybe would've helped us get another win

Yeah. I really don't know if he would have given us any more wins, but I do know he is worth far more than Brady Quinn. He didn't look great down the stretch, but I don't know many backs who are really productive against the Steelers, Dolphins and Ravens.

Inkana7
01-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah. I really don't know if he would have given us any more wins, but I do know he is worth far more than Brady Quinn. He didn't look great down the stretch, but I don't know many backs who are really productive against the Steelers, Dolphins and Ravens.

It wasn't just bad production, he got hurt. And as the Mane tells us, backs who get hurt are busts.

colonelbeef
01-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Which again becomes really impressive when you factor in that he costs next to nothing having been a 7th round pick, and is a better than average receiving back as well. Then it becomes painful when you imagine the 1st rounder spent on Moreno for lesser production at a much higher pay rate, and where else that 1st rounder could have gone.

Arkie
01-03-2011, 04:14 PM
OK, you're right he would have added some yards, had he been able to give Denver what he gave Cleveland. Now, we'll leave out the fact that he couldn't or wouldn't work hard enough in practice (we don't know which it was, if McDaniels wouldn't give him the opportunity, or he didn't work hard enough to earn it) to win a spot on the field in Denver, and just go with the numbers.

Let's say Hillis' 270 rushes came in Denver.

Who's losing the carries? Moreno? He had a 4.3 YPC and Hillis had a 4.4.

The Broncos ran it 398 times (for comparison Cleveland ran it 413), so that leaves 128 carries to go around.

Kyle Orton had 22 carries for 98 yards, averaging that out, he would have had 27 for 120 yards. So, we're down to 106 carries left.

Say Moreno received 90 of those carries. That's 385 yards. Averaging out his TDs to .02 per carry, thats 2.4 touchdowns. So let's say 385 yards, 2 touchdowns.

The other 16 carries go to Buckhalter. That's 16 carries and 40 yards for Buckhalter.

What does this do to final numbers for the team?
398 carries, 1700 yards, 13 TDs.

Hillis' impact on this team, assuming he had the same numbers in Denver gives Denver an extra 166 yards and the same number of touchdowns. Denver would have moved all the way up to 19th in the NFL in rushing, (They were 26th), and it wouldn't have changed Denver's scoring offense numbers.

I look at that, and just think that giving up Hillis, who had not produced in Denver up to that point, to provide a sure thing at backup quarterback in a guy who had played well in spots for Cleveland, isn't that big of a deal. Certainly not the crazy venom that was directed at McDaniels for making the trade.

Now, had we known that Hillis would run for 1100 yards in Cleveland, probably wouldn't have made the trade. But the trade made sense at the time. What DIDN'T make sense was a month later taking Tebow in the first round, leaving yourself with three quarterbacks. Had McDaniels NOT taken Tebow, the Hillis trade would make a lot more sense, in my opinion.

Additionally, had Moreno been healthy, I think he could have produced similar, if not better numbers to Hillis, and Denver's running game likely would have been better than Cleveland's.

That's just crazy. He was rookie of the week in one of his few starts. I can't think of a time he didn't produce in the games he started. He even produced in a couple of games he didn't start. He went from a nobody to a fan favorite who should start or split carries, and that was before McD was hired.

bombay
01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
One thing about Hillis that is true: had he not gotten hurt when he was on that great run as a rookie, the Broncos would have made the playoffs, Shanahan wouldn't have been fired (at least not then), and the landscape would look a lot different in Broncoland.

NUB
01-03-2011, 04:24 PM
One thing about Hillis that is true: had he not gotten hurt when he was on that great run as a rookie, the Broncos would have made the playoffs, Shanahan wouldn't have been fired (at least not then), and the landscape would look a lot different in Broncoland.

It sure was a great catch, though!

errand
01-03-2011, 05:30 PM
what i find amazing is all the people bitching we traded Hillis for Quinn. Keep in mind the majority of these clowns bitched about Orton as our QB. Had the masses not bitched so loudly about the QB position, perhaps McDaniels doesn't feel the need to try and strengthen it by trading for a former #1 pick in Quinn, which means we'd have still probably had Hillis this season.

Requiem
01-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Peyton Hillis is reaching Triandos Luke status.

BroncoBuff
01-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Agreed. Or if Mike hadn't fired Larry Coyer.

Agamemnon
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
I think people need to move on. Trading Hillis was obviously a mistake. Get over it.

Dagmar
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
I think people need to move on. Trading Hillis was obviously a mistake. Get over it.

People have been saying that for a loooong time. Too many people are but hurt that he is gone and actually hate other people because of it.

These are adults, with children who use these terms.

broncocalijohn
01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
People have been saying that for a loooong time. Too many people are but hurt that he is gone and actually hate other people because of it.

These are adults, with children who use these terms.

Not other people, but McDaniels for trading him. We laugh at those that thought he would be a bust or went the way whatever McDaniels stated must be true.

cutthemdown
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I predict Hillis will be next yrs biggest fantasy bust.

Missouribronc
01-03-2011, 09:35 PM
That's just crazy. He was rookie of the week in one of his few starts. I can't think of a time he didn't produce in the games he started. He even produced in a couple of games he didn't start. He went from a nobody to a fan favorite who should start or split carries, and that was before McD was hired.

Its not crazy.

He had less than 500 rushing yards in two seasons as a Bronco. He had the one great game, and that great game was 129 yards. Not really great, but we're living on hype here, so that was the greatestest game evah!

The rest of his games ne was not nearly as productive as Moreno has been, and yet last week I had to read about how terribly unproductive Moreno is.

This myth that Hillis was a beast before being traded is just beyond maniacal.

NUB
01-03-2011, 10:06 PM

Triandos Luke won me an online match in ESPN 2K5 via a last-play bomb.

96 SPD, if I remember right. The Luke is truly of Triandos.

Bronco Yoda
01-04-2011, 05:01 AM
what i find amazing is all the people b****ing we traded Hillis for Quinn. Keep in mind the majority of these clowns b****ed about Orton as our QB. Had the masses not b****ed so loudly about the QB position, perhaps McDaniels doesn't feel the need to try and strengthen it by trading for a former #1 pick in Quinn, which means we'd have still probably had Hillis this season.

Seriously? You REALLY think McD drafted Quinn because 'fans' questioned Orton? I know you know better than this.

btw, fyi, McD had a woody over Quinn long before he came to Denver.

vancejohnson82
01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Seriously? You REALLY think McD drafted Quinn because 'fans' questioned Orton? I know you know better than this.

btw, fyi, McD had a woody over Quinn long before he came to Denver.

no, he brought him in because he realized that in '09 if we had somebody who could have posted ANY kind of QB rating in the second half against the Redskins other than Chris Simms, we win that game and make the playoffs

4th String RB vs. 2nd String QB???

it was just a question of need at the time

Arkie
01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Its not crazy.

He had less than 500 rushing yards in two seasons as a Bronco. He had the one great game, and that great game was 129 yards. Not really great, but we're living on hype here, so that was the greatestest game evah!

The rest of his games ne was not nearly as productive as Moreno has been, and yet last week I had to read about how terribly unproductive Moreno is.

This myth that Hillis was a beast before being traded is just beyond maniacal.

Most of those yards came only in the 4 games he started at RB. The 129 yards vs the Jets was the first time a RB went over 100 on them that year.

ayjackson
01-04-2011, 12:24 PM
What can be said in post 3662 onward, that hasn`t already been said?

(please note that this question is rhetorical)

Missouribronc
01-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Most of those yards came only in the 4 games he started at RB. The 129 yards vs the Jets was the first time a RB went over 100 on them that year.

And?

DBroncos4life
01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
This is probably the most insane stat to put up against any player. So, if I take Moses in his glory days of the 1984 Olympics (440 yard run) and had 20 athletes that werent as good as Moses but had them (including Moses) run a 5 mile race. The 20 athletes ran 400 yards each. Gee, wonder who would win the race? You are comparing a team stat with one individual. But let us take your advice and see what other RBs would not make the Broncos better based on having less yards than our team as a whole.
3 Michael Turner, RB ATL 334 1371 4.1
4 Chris Johnson, RB TEN 316 1364 4.3
5 Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAC 299 1324 4.4
6 Adrian Peterson, RB MIN 283 1298 4.6
7 Rashard Mendenhall, RB PIT 324 1273 3.9
8 Steven Jackson, RB STL 330 1241 3.8
9 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG 276 1235 4.5
10 Ray Rice, RB BAL 307 1220

Here is our featured back for the year...
24 Knowshon Moreno, RB DEN 182 779 4.3

It took 2 QBs, 4 RBs and at least 1 FB plus a draft pick with the Hillis trade to surpass Hillis' numbers! Next time, have stats based on things that can trully be compared. This post and stats is so ****ing rediculous, it deserves a fat neg rep. The Hillis debate isnt as much as who is better but McDaniels getting rid of a running back that benefits the team. We could have had both backs especially when Moreno was injured. Are we better for not having Hillis and instead having a 3rd string QB plus giving up a pick in 2011? ****ing moron. You make Karenin, Missouribronc and MVPlaya look like Einsteins.
LOL Dumbass this trade sucked period. I don't even like Hillis and I think the trade was a epic fail. Of course anyone of those backs would make the team better, because they are better then what we have on our roster now. Maybe I should have tried harder to make my posts more sarcastic.

broncocalijohn
01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
LOL Dumbass this trade sucked period. I don't even like Hillis and I think the trade was a epic fail. Of course anyone of those backs would make the team better, because they are better then what we have on our roster now. Maybe I should have tried harder to make my posts more sarcastic.

yes you should have and also know dip**** that I hated the trade. We have so many fing numnuts trying to tell us that Hillis was nothing here and now nothing in Browns camp that who could tell the difference. Didnt know i get a F U in a rep though and misquote me by saying 7 running backs equal one. No, those 7 running backs all excelled and had less yards compared to our entire team. Follow along or dont post, Moron. If you are trying to be sarcastic in the post from a few pages back, do a better job. You quoted my post and it does point out exactly based on your "sarcastic" post. You failed at being sarcastic or funny and amazing we somehow are on the same page according to Hillis.

DefensiveBehavior
01-05-2011, 01:02 AM
really wish peyton didnt try to smash mcdummies wife...hilarious!

they knew eachother from way back,and that was why he was traded...sad

Arkie
01-05-2011, 11:52 AM
And?

He created a lot of hype in 2008 that almost everybody except McD could see, and had to wait until he was given another chance in 2010 to live up to that hype.

Popps
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM

Seriously. This **** is turning surreal.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 11:59 AM

Number of posts people have in this thread (to date):

1. Popps - 396
2. strafen - 203
3. rastaman - 187
4. errand - 159
5. sirhcyennek81 133
6. go_broncos 133
7. Taco John 122
8. watermock 98
9. Beantown Bronco 85
10. broncocalijohn 75

400 posts - twice the number anyone else has.

Surreal indeed.

vancejohnson82
01-05-2011, 12:22 PM
yes you should have and also know dip**** that I hated the trade. We have so many fing numnuts trying to tell us that Hillis was nothing here and now nothing in Browns camp that who could tell the difference. Didnt know i get a F U in a rep though and misquote me by saying 7 running backs equal one. No, those 7 running backs all excelled and had less yards compared to our entire team. Follow along or dont post, Moron. If you are trying to be sarcastic in the post from a few pages back, do a better job. You quoted my post and it does point out exactly based on your "sarcastic" post. You failed at being sarcastic or funny and amazing we somehow are on the same page according to Hillis.

haha....now there is infighting inside the Hillis camp

Kaylore
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Hillis hates the elderly and punches kittens.

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
The kittens deserved it, though.

go_broncos
01-05-2011, 12:35 PM

1. Popps - 396
2. strafen - 203
3. rastaman - 187
4. errand - 159
5. sirhcyennek81 133
6. go_broncos 133
7. Taco John 122
8. watermock 98
9. Beantown Bronco 85
10. broncocalijohn 75

Surreal indeed.

Good Post Taco...LOL

Man-Goblin
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
1. Popps - 396
2. strafen - 203
3. rastaman - 187
4. errand - 159
5. sirhcyennek81 133
6. go_broncos 133
7. Taco John 122
8. watermock 98
9. Beantown Bronco 85
10. broncocalijohn 75

972. Man-Goblin 2, er I mean 3 now.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
It always gets me when people make snide criticisms of things that they are a chief party to. I see it happen all the time.

Popps
01-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Surreal indeed.

Not post-count, but the level of nonsense that has ensued. I was admittedly entertained by the silliness. But, it's gone into areas that are now just beyond comprehension. Honestly, some people really need to work some things out in their lives if this haunts them this way.

bronco militia
01-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Hillis hates the elderly and punches kittens.

grandma had it coming

broncocalijohn
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
haha....now there is infighting inside the Hillis camp

well, I paid good money to be chief and some guy tries to paint me as a witch. I only dabbled in it as a teenager and has nothing to do with being a thorn in the side of Popps and most recently Missourbronc. At least MVPlaya left (or is one of the many "new" posters that just signed up. Popps is old news on this one as new guys try to explain how Moreno was more valuable and better than Hillis this year or that Hillis was garbage when he was here. As long as there are guys that cant say anything bad about the organization, this thread will continue. It goes past Hillis, it goes to the core of super bronco fan that sees a No Can Do Wrong from the organization.

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
well, I paid good money to be chief and some guy tries to paint me as a witch. I only dabbled in it as a teenager and has nothing to do with being a thorn in the side of Popps and most recently Missourbronc. At least MVPlaya left (or is one of the many "new" posters that just signed up. Popps is old news on this one as new guys try to explain how Moreno was more valuable and better than Hillis this year or that Hillis was garbage when he was here. As long as there are guys that cant say anything bad about the organization, this thread will continue. It goes past Hillis, it goes to the core of super bronco fan that sees a No Can Do Wrong from the organization.

The trade, in hindsight was a mistake. It was, and remains, understandable why the trade happened at the time that it happened.

But, whatever.

Hillis is Jesus incarnate, and he would have won 8 more games for this team on his own.

I pointed out a pretty realistic view of what the Broncos would have looked like with Hillis, and what do you know that vision was better than what happened. But it sure as hell wasn't what people here make it out to be.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 02:21 PM
It was, and remains, understandable why the trade happened at the time that it happened.

I don't see how. But whatever. Anyone can rationalize why they were wrong. Anyone in the world.

vancejohnson82
01-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't see how. But whatever. Anyone can rationalize why they were wrong. Anyone in the world.

I think it was reasonable at the time...

Hillis wasn't being used
We had no backup QB

Boom....boom

http://www.yogadork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/couples-retreat-yoga.jpg

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Because Peyton Hillis was an expendable part of this team as a fourth-string running back, and this team desperately needed a backup quarterback. If this team had had Brady Quinn in 2009, this team probably would have been in the playoffs.

I'm amazed that people don't understand the rationale of the trade. Yes, it backfired, but at the time, it made sense.

As I stated earlier, what didn't make sense was trading for Quinn - clearly a better backup and even someone to push for Orton's job - and then drafting Tebow. THAT is what made all of this start to look weird.

But don't let the myth of Peyton Hillis stop you from telling everyone he is Jim Brown-incarnate.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 03:33 PM
If that trade made any sense at ANY time, this thread wouldn't be 148 pages long.

It was a bad trade at the time, and it proved to be a bad trade later.

Bottom line: Josh is a terrible talent evaluator. Moves like Hillis ended up costing wins and eventually his job.

vancejohnson82
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
If that trade made any sense at ANY time, this thread wouldn't be 148 pages long.

Bottom line: Josh is a terrible talent evaluator. Moves like Hillis ended up costing wins and eventually his job.

yea...because the whole league was jumping at Brandon Lloyd

and so far Tebow doesnt look like an awful pick either

the trade made sense at the time....it wasnt like Mike Ditka trading his whole draft away for Ricky

Inkana7
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Five.

Inkana7
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Tool.

Inkana7
01-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Player!

Taco John
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
yea...because the whole league was jumping at Brandon Lloyd

and so far Tebow doesnt look like an awful pick either

the trade made sense at the time....it wasnt like Mike Ditka trading his whole draft away for Ricky

Yeah, I guess you're right. It wasn't the worst trade of all time. At least we only gave away a stud and two draft picks for a first round bust, and not an entire draft class.

Popps
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Has anyone talked about his guns yet?

Karenin
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM

Yea, if only McDaniels had the eye for talent that you do. George Foster and Brian Griese would have a job in this league again.

listopencil
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
As I stated earlier, what didn't make sense was trading for Quinn - clearly a better backup and even someone to push for Orton's job - and then drafting Tebow. THAT is what made all of this start to look weird.

Yea, if only McDaniels had the eye for talent that you do. George Foster and Brian Griese would have a job in this league again.

The only way the trade makes any sense is if McD grossly over valued Quinn. Which still makes it a bad trade, and shows McD to be a bad evaluator of talent.

Popps
01-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Taco was a huge George Foster proponent, for the record.

But, that won't stop him from condescending to people about the virtues of being "right" on a message board.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Taco was a huge George Foster proponent, for the record.

But, that won't stop him from condescending to people about the virtues of being "right" on a message board.

I was a big proponent of bringing on a left tackle. Any of the left tackles that had first round grades in that draft class would have had my support. We needed someone to protect the blind side. Foster, unfortunately, didn't work out.

You have 400+ posts in this thread. I'm sure it has nothing to do with you wanting to be "right" and get the last word in.

Taco John
01-05-2011, 05:10 PM

If McDaniels would have consulted me on Hillis, he might have a head coaching job right now. Of course, he'd still have that whole "rogue videographer" infestation problem, so maybe not.

Bronkota
01-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I predict Hillis will be next yrs biggest fantasy bust.

Thank you for keeping this thread alive for next season. Best thread ever!:thumbs:

colonelbeef
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM

1. Popps - 396
2. strafen - 203
3. rastaman - 187
4. errand - 159
5. sirhcyennek81 133
6. go_broncos 133
7. Taco John 122
8. watermock 98
9. Beantown Bronco 85
10. broncocalijohn 75

Surreal indeed.

poops owned again! hahahah

Arkie
01-05-2011, 07:06 PM

For further research
See also

Broncos trade FB Peyton Hillis + 2011 6th, 2012 late rounder for Brady Quinn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90006) tsiguy96
Hillis to Remain Starter.... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94075) Popps
Obligatory Hillis article (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=93276) Goobzilla
Hillis fever spreading... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88487) Taco John
judge to declare McDaniels legally insane for letting Hillis go to the Browns. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94210) Bronco Rob
Is Hillis the best Broncos RB since Portis? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74622) spdirty
The Future of Peyton Hillis! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87839) rastaman
hillis for permanent starter (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74444) tsiguy96
Hillis Interview: Wants out if not utilized (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=88318) Lolad
from 850, shanny anticipates hillis to be out 4, 5, maybe 6 weeks (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74733) spdirty
Peyton Hillis Appreciation Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90012) bpc
IF...Boyd Proves to be the REAL DEAL...what happens with Hillis? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74919) footstepsfrom#27
The Official Peyton Hillis Poll (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87376) Popps
we have Hillis 4-0 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94181) Spider
Hillis to IR per ESPN (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74775) Smiling Assassin27
Good article by Krieger on Hillis (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87640) Mile High Mojoe
So what do you all think about Hillis returning kicks? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83474) BroncoDoug
Peyton Hillis Haters! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87398) houghtam
Predict what Hillis will do in Cleveland (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=90071) baja
for those who forgot how good hillis is... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=76303) tsiguy96
Denver Post: Hillis to compete for "role" position (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=77941) Taco John
Nickname for Hillis... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82574) sirhcyennek81
How unique is Hillis? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82588) lex
Peyton Hillis Trade Value (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80439) Houshyamama
Hillis going to get cut? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69215) Kaylore
Shanahan, Cutler, and Hillis up for weekly awards (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74522) Conklin
Tell Peyton Hillis “White men can’t run”. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78888) Pony Boy
Hillis Tidbit (also - do not murder me) (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=70331) outdoor_miner
Peyton Hillis!!! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=73704) GoWYO
over/under: Does Hillis get 10 touches Sunday? (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=87702) watermock
Hillis Needs To Be Starting (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=70576) ChampBailey24
Will get my Hillis and D Will jersey next week!! (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=83136&highlight=hillis) Denverr1
Draft Peyton Hillis (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=67459) broncos loveI

BroncoBuff
01-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Not post-count, but the level of nonsense that has ensued. I was admittedly entertained by the silliness. But, it's gone into areas that are now just beyond comprehension. Honestly, some people really need to work some things out in their lives if this haunts them this way.

Nonsense, really?

You have to agree that 1) we'd all like him back, and 2) there were pretty fair/good indications he had feature back potential.

So what's not to be haunted by?

Missouribronc
01-05-2011, 08:48 PM
The only way the trade makes any sense is if McD grossly over valued Quinn. Which still makes it a bad trade, and shows McD to be a bad evaluator of talent.

Really? A first round quarterback who had shown fleeting promise, versus a guy drafted as a fullback who couldn't even win the fullback job over a linebacker, who was the eighth ooption of a team desperate for a running back and later a guy who couldn't practice hard enough to beat out guys who, according to most on this web site, are terrible running backs?

Yeah. Makes sense.

Face it. Hillis wouldn't work hard enough to beat anyone out for the starting job. ****, he still didn't do it in Cleveland, and lo and behold, two injuries and the disappearance of the starter, Hillis gets to play.

Frankly, Broncos fans should be pissed off at Hillis for not trying harder and being a bigger person than McDaniels. Had he done that, and worked harder he might have stayed. He failed you.

vancejohnson82
01-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right. It wasn't the worst trade of all time. At least we only gave away a stud and two draft picks for a first round bust, and not an entire draft class.

define "stud" now

because according to your definition we've had a few "studs":

mike anderson
olandis gary
reuben droughns

Jesus christ....let the guy do something before we label him....he had ONE halfway decent year...and then was injured, just like he ended up for us

NUB
01-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Really? A first round quarterback who had shown fleeting promise, versus a guy drafted as a fullback who couldn't even win the fullback job over a linebacker, who was the eighth ooption of a team desperate for a running back and later a guy who couldn't practice hard enough to beat out guys who, according to most on this web site, are terrible running backs?

Yeah. Makes sense.

Face it. Hillis wouldn't work hard enough to beat anyone out for the starting job. ****, he still didn't do it in Cleveland, and lo and behold, two injuries and the disappearance of the starter, Hillis gets to play.

Frankly, Broncos fans should be pissed off at Hillis for not trying harder and being a bigger person than McDaniels. Had he done that, and worked harder he might have stayed. He failed you.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpATVSdTDk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpATVSdTDk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

listopencil
01-06-2011, 12:38 AM

Yeah. Makes sense.

Really? You're on the Quinn bandwagon now? Amazing. He's appears worthless.

Maybe you should face a few facts:

The running game under McDaniels was horrible. With or without Hillis. And yet Hillis had success before McDaniels, and had success on a different team after McDaniels. Sometimes it really does come down to coaching. But it's OK, McDaniels was fired. I guess he failed you.

listopencil
01-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Consider this: McD was fired. Xanders was kept.

Not sure if this has been posted before or not, but I'm sure I'll get crucified if it has. (That's OK, crucifiction's a doddle!)

Click on the "Broncos GM Brian Xanders with Vic & Gary" part (http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=96&c=740&f=65566)

I think it's interesting to hear Xanders talk about the scouting and interview process of Tebow, about the balance of power (or lack thereof) between between himself and McDaniels, and of course how he responds to the question of the Hillis trade. Nothing groundbreaking here, but I think especially in light of Elway's candid comments today it's interesting to hear another perspective on the situation in the front office for the last couple of years.

Reading between the lines, there was no love lost between Xanders and Josh.

Popps
01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Nonsense, really?

You have to agree that 1) we'd all like him back, and 2) there were pretty fair/good indications he had feature back potential.

Oh, sure. No question.

So what's not to be haunted by?

Spilled milk?

I mean, we've sat through a decade of some of the worst personnel decisions in the NFL, and suddenly we're going to cry eternally because we lost the 10th best RB in the league?

We brought in a WR that went to the Pro Bowl. We brought in one of the most exciting QB prospects in the league.

Life goes on.

Really... it does.

I woke up today to a sunny SoCal morning, birds chirping... cool breeze. Beautiful.

Honestly... everything is going to be O.K..

listopencil
01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
So at this point you've got to wonder if Mularkey agreed to interview with CLE only because Hillis is there.

Missouribronc
01-11-2011, 09:15 PM
So at this point you've got to wonder if Mularkey agreed to interview with CLE only because Hillis is there.

I hope this is sarcasm.

listopencil
01-11-2011, 09:18 PM
I hope this is sarcasm.

Sarcasm? Me?

Missouribronc
01-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Sarcasm? Me?

Good to know. I didn't think you were stupid, just severely misinformed about how good Hillis actually is.

listopencil
01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Good to know. I didn't think you were stupid, just severely misinformed about how good Hillis actually is.

Nah. I know he's not "I gotta go be his Head Coach" good, just "****, we shouldn't have gotten rid of that guy" good.

Missouribronc
01-11-2011, 09:26 PM
Nah. I know he's not "I gotta go be his Head Coach" good, just "****, we shouldn't have gotten rid of that guy" good.

Yeah, I wish our team gained an extra 100 yards and no extra touchdowns, while having a worse pass blocker in a passing offense in the backfield too.

Tha Supa Bowl we been bound!

listopencil
01-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I wish our team gained an extra 100 yards and no extra touchdowns, while having a worse pass blocker in a passing offense in the backfield too.

Tha Supa Bowl we been bound!

Yeah, I wish they had known that McDaniels was going to get fired then they could have kept Hillis until they got a real coaching staff.

Missouribronc
01-11-2011, 09:32 PM
If Hillis would not have been traded, Denver would have won the Super Bowl, and it hasn't even been played yet. He's that good.

listopencil
01-11-2011, 09:34 PM
If Hillis would not have been traded, Denver would have won the Super Bowl, and it hasn't even been played yet. He's that good.

Now you're finally making sense.

Missouribronc
01-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Now you're finally making sense.

The funny thing is, people actually believe that.

listopencil
01-11-2011, 09:53 PM
The funny thing is, people actually believe that.

I don't think it's that bad, honestly. I think some people are just pissed that we had a guy that looked pretty good at one time, and he just couldn't keep himself on the field at all once we got a new Head Coach. He completely crapped the bed out there and it's still unclear why. I was pretty frustrated about it, and I still feel that McD's coaching staff didn't get as much out of Hillis as they should have. Then, when you see him have success on another team, in a different situation...

Dedhed
01-11-2011, 10:13 PM
The truth about Hillis will come to pass next season.

Karenin
01-12-2011, 05:26 AM
If the last six games were any indication, we're looking at a monster 600 yard, 4 touchdown season from Hillis next year.

Bronco Yoda
01-12-2011, 02:30 PM
The truth about Hillis will come to pass next season.

Are we talking TMZ sex tape here? McD ain't gonna like that one Ha!

oubronco
01-12-2011, 02:51 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpATVSdTDk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XpATVSdTDk8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

go_broncos
01-12-2011, 02:57 PM
If the last six games were any indication, we're looking at a monster 600 yard, 4 touchdown season from Hillis next year.

What about Quinn???

listopencil
01-14-2011, 10:18 PM
What about Quinn???

I'm hoping McD gets a job soon so we we can trade Quinn to him.

JJJ
01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Bump. Was missing this thread.

bronco militia
01-21-2011, 02:55 PM
When asked about the novelty of being a white running back in the NFL on the Dan Patrick Show, Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis claimed that he was often taunted during games for being white.

"Every team did it," Hillis said. "They'll say, 'You white boy, you ain't gonna run on us today. This is ridiculous. Why are you giving offensive linemen the ball?'

He went on to give examples of the nicknames he heard throughout the season. Patrick said his favorite was "The Avalanche."

"I heard that one," Hillis replied. "I heard 'White Rhino.' I heard ... Chuck Norris.

bendog
01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
stop picking on whitey

bronco militia
01-21-2011, 02:57 PM
he needs a "white power" tattoo on his forearm ;D

listopencil
01-21-2011, 11:12 PM
I think I'll make this thread my home page.

s0phr0syne
02-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Under the new CBA, will there be a special designation for the kind of player that Hillis is? This should be at the forefront of all NFLPA considerations.

SoCalBronco
02-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Under the new CBA, will there be a special designation for the kind of player that Hillis is? This should be at the forefront of all NFLPA considerations.

I thought he was the reason we already had the franchise tag.

Arkie
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM
It's no wonder Hillis was a 7th round pick. He came out during arguably the greatest running back class in NFL history.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-7772784

One of the biggest breakout performances in the 2010 NFL season was by Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the Hillis breakout considering what year he was drafted. Peyton Hillis was a 7th round draft pick by the Broncos in 2008, a draft that might go down in history as the best running back draft of all time.

Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
1st Round, 4th Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
Darren McFadden had a breakout of his own in 2010, it just wasn't as surprising at Peyton Hillis. McFadden's first two seasons with the Raiders were pretty slow but the Raiders offense was suffering from having one of the worst quarterbacks of all-time. Now the Raiders offense looks like a strength and McFadden ran for 1157 yards despite missing three games.

Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
1st Round, 13th Pick Overall, Oregon Ducks
Jonathan Stewart had back-to-back 10 touchdown seasons with the Panthers in 2008 and 2009. Stewart's rushing yards were down from 1133 to 770 in 2010 but he has still averaged 913 rushing yards per season in his first three seasons.

Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys
1st Round, 22nd Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
The next three running backs were all drafted in consecutive picks although in 2010 they performed the opposite of the order they were drafted. Felix Jones in three seasons has improved from 266 yards to 685 yards and now 800 yards. Jones rushed for just one touchdown though after splitting time at the running back position.

Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
1st Round, 23rd Pick Overall, Illinois Fighting Illini
When the Pittsburgh Steelers won their last Super Bowl Mendenhall was on the bench while Willie Parker(notes) got most of the carries. The Steelers made wise move in cutting ties with Parker and letting Mendenhall go wild. Mendhenhall racked up 1273 yards for 13 touchdowns in 2010 and more importantly he had the best game of his career in the AFC Championship game against the New York Jets defense.

Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
1st Round, 24th Pick Overall, East Carolina Pirates
It's not very often that a running back's rushing yards total can drop by 700 yards and they'll still end up at 1300 yards rushing. In the first three years of his NFL career Chris Johnson is averaging 1532 rushing yards and 11 rushing touchdowns per season plus 45 receptions and 336 receiving yards per season.

Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
2nd Round, 44th Pick Overall, Tulane Green Wave
One of the best kept secrets in the NFL is Matt Forte in Chicago. Forte may never record a ridiculous Chris-Johnson-like season but he's capable of 1,000 rushing yards per season. Forte has averaged 1072 yards per season and in 2010 he had his best season catching the ball.

Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
2nd Round, 55th Pick Overall, Rutgers Scarlet Knights
In 2008 Ray Rice rushed for 454 yards as a back up and in 2009 he won the starting job. Rice recorded 1339 yards rushing for 7 touchdowns in 2009. In 2010 the Ravens tried to add a passing game and Rice's number suffered but Flacco and company were a disappointment and Rice was still the team's best offensive player.

Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions
3rd Round, 64th Pick Overall, Central Florida Knights
Kevin Smith rushed for just 133 yards last year but he had one of the best rookie seasons of this draft class. As a rookie for the Lions Kevin Smith rushed for 976 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
3rd Round, 73rd Pick Overall, Texas Longhorns
No offense to Chris Johnson, Ray Rice or Peyton Hillis but Jamaal Charles might be the steal of the 2008 draft. Any team in the NFL would thank their lucky stars to draft a running back that rushed for close to 1500 yards after being picked in the third round. Especially when you factor in that Charles shared the ball with Thomas Jones(notes), who rushed 245 times for 896 yards.

Steve Slaton, Houston Texans
3rd Round, 89th Pick Overall, West Virginia Mountaineers
Arian Foster(notes) is the starting running back in Houston now but Slaton had a great rookie year in 2008. Slaton rushed for 1282 yards for 9 touchdowns.

Ryan Torain, Washington Redskins
5th Round, 139th Pick Overall, Arizona State Sun Devils
Ryan Torain only got 15 rushes for 69 yards his rookie season and then did not play in 2009. In 2010 Torain bounced back with a decent season in Washington. Torain rushed for 742 yards in 2010 but only played 10 games and did not start all of them.

Tim Hightower, Arizona Cardinals
5th Round, 149th Pick Overall, Richmond Spiders
Tim Hightower has seen his numbers get a little bit better each season. Hightower rushed for 399 yards and 10 touchdowns in his rookie season. In 2009 Hightower's yards increased to 598 yards and in 2010 he rose to 736 yards.

Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns
7th Round, 227th Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
After the 2010 season it might seem like a mistake that Peyton Hillis wasn't drafted until the 7th round but this is the third Razorback on this list. Hillis got few opportunities to run the ball in college on a team that had arguably the two best running backs in the SEC in Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. After rushing for just 54 yards in 2009, Hillis broke out for 1177 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2010. Now we just have to wait and see if he is a one hit wonder.

Justin Forsett, Seattle Seahawks
7th Round, 233rd Pick Overall, California Golden Bears
Justin Forsett has put together a couple of nice seasons for the Seattle Seahawks. In two seasons in Seattle Forsett has averaged 571 yards and three touchdowns per season.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis, New England Patriots
Undrafted, Ole Miss Rebels
BenJarvus Green-Ellis went undrafted in 2008 but rushed 74 times for the Patriots in his rookie season. After 26 more rushes in 2009 Green-Ellis finally got a chance to run the ball in 2010. Green-Ellis rushed for over 1,000 yards in 2010 and scored 13 touchdowns.

Danny Woodhead, New England Patriots
Undrafted, Chadron State Eagles
The other running back on the New England Patriots was also undrafted in the 2008 draft. Woodhead added over 500 yards rushing and another five touchdowns to the Patriots rushing attack.

bowtown
03-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Just curious why Hillis has not yet been brought in to solve the labor dispute.

TheReverend
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
It's no wonder Hillis was a 7th round pick. He came out during arguably the greatest running back class in NFL history.

Jesus... that's like half of the NFL starting RBs

strafen
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
You've got to be kiddin' me
Who's the ****in moron who bumped this thread?
Oh, NVM...

listopencil
03-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Hall Of Fame thread.

NUB
03-04-2011, 11:14 AM
That is not death which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even the Peyton Hillis thread may die.

JJJ
03-04-2011, 12:56 PM

One of the biggest breakout performances in the 2010 NFL season was by Cleveland Browns running back, Peyton Hillis. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised by the Hillis breakout considering what year he was drafted. Peyton Hillis was a 7th round draft pick by the Broncos in 2008, a draft that might go down in history as the best running back draft of all time.

Very cool post. That is a pretty amazing class

UberBroncoMan
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
That is not death which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even the Peyton Hillis thread may die.

The only day this thread will die is when the Earth is destroyed...and even then it may continue to exist floating around in space within a miraculously unharmed server.

OABB
03-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Is there a better way for a thread to die?

Bronco Yoda
03-05-2011, 03:35 AM
We will never let this die :)

listopencil
04-11-2011, 05:11 PM
So did we ever decide who "won" this trade?

Karenin
04-11-2011, 06:46 PM
who ****ing cares? it was a marginal 3rd string QB for an even more marginal 3rd string FB. neither one is going to do **** in the league, it was a trade of garbage for garbage.

HAT
04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
So did we ever decide who "won" this trade?

Taco.

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 10:53 PM
who ****ing cares? it was a marginal 3rd string QB for an even more marginal 3rd string FB. neither one is going to do **** in the league, it was a trade of garbage for garbage.

You never amaze me the way you can bring moron to the forefront. It takes a lot to be considered one but you do it with ease. Care to share those two players stats from 2010? Karenin, rarely a good post here at the Mane.

Shananahan
04-11-2011, 11:08 PM
I just assumed he was joking.

broncocalijohn
04-11-2011, 11:16 PM
I just assumed he was joking.

oh, you dont know Karenin. What seems like a bad post as a joke is really him.

Arkie
04-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Hillis: 1654 yards, 13 TDs
Quinn: 0 yards, 0 TDs

The jury's still out. ;)

DarkHorse
04-11-2011, 11:26 PM

Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders
1st Round, 4th Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
Darren McFadden had a breakout of his own in 2010, it just wasn't as surprising at Peyton Hillis. McFadden's first two seasons with the Raiders were pretty slow but the Raiders offense was suffering from having one of the worst quarterbacks of all-time. Now the Raiders offense looks like a strength and McFadden ran for 1157 yards despite missing three games.

Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers
1st Round, 13th Pick Overall, Oregon Ducks
Jonathan Stewart had back-to-back 10 touchdown seasons with the Panthers in 2008 and 2009. Stewart's rushing yards were down from 1133 to 770 in 2010 but he has still averaged 913 rushing yards per season in his first three seasons.

Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys
1st Round, 22nd Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
The next three running backs were all drafted in consecutive picks although in 2010 they performed the opposite of the order they were drafted. Felix Jones in three seasons has improved from 266 yards to 685 yards and now 800 yards. Jones rushed for just one touchdown though after splitting time at the running back position.

Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
1st Round, 23rd Pick Overall, Illinois Fighting Illini
When the Pittsburgh Steelers won their last Super Bowl Mendenhall was on the bench while Willie Parker(notes) got most of the carries. The Steelers made wise move in cutting ties with Parker and letting Mendenhall go wild. Mendhenhall racked up 1273 yards for 13 touchdowns in 2010 and more importantly he had the best game of his career in the AFC Championship game against the New York Jets defense.

Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans
1st Round, 24th Pick Overall, East Carolina Pirates
It's not very often that a running back's rushing yards total can drop by 700 yards and they'll still end up at 1300 yards rushing. In the first three years of his NFL career Chris Johnson is averaging 1532 rushing yards and 11 rushing touchdowns per season plus 45 receptions and 336 receiving yards per season.

Matt Forte, Chicago Bears
2nd Round, 44th Pick Overall, Tulane Green Wave
One of the best kept secrets in the NFL is Matt Forte in Chicago. Forte may never record a ridiculous Chris-Johnson-like season but he's capable of 1,000 rushing yards per season. Forte has averaged 1072 yards per season and in 2010 he had his best season catching the ball.

Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
2nd Round, 55th Pick Overall, Rutgers Scarlet Knights
In 2008 Ray Rice rushed for 454 yards as a back up and in 2009 he won the starting job. Rice recorded 1339 yards rushing for 7 touchdowns in 2009. In 2010 the Ravens tried to add a passing game and Rice's number suffered but Flacco and company were a disappointment and Rice was still the team's best offensive player.

Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions
3rd Round, 64th Pick Overall, Central Florida Knights
Kevin Smith rushed for just 133 yards last year but he had one of the best rookie seasons of this draft class. As a rookie for the Lions Kevin Smith rushed for 976 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs
3rd Round, 73rd Pick Overall, Texas Longhorns
No offense to Chris Johnson, Ray Rice or Peyton Hillis but Jamaal Charles might be the steal of the 2008 draft. Any team in the NFL would thank their lucky stars to draft a running back that rushed for close to 1500 yards after being picked in the third round. Especially when you factor in that Charles shared the ball with Thomas Jones(notes), who rushed 245 times for 896 yards.

Steve Slaton, Houston Texans
3rd Round, 89th Pick Overall, West Virginia Mountaineers
Arian Foster(notes) is the starting running back in Houston now but Slaton had a great rookie year in 2008. Slaton rushed for 1282 yards for 9 touchdowns.

Ryan Torain, Washington Redskins
5th Round, 139th Pick Overall, Arizona State Sun Devils
Ryan Torain only got 15 rushes for 69 yards his rookie season and then did not play in 2009. In 2010 Torain bounced back with a decent season in Washington. Torain rushed for 742 yards in 2010 but only played 10 games and did not start all of them.

Tim Hightower, Arizona Cardinals
5th Round, 149th Pick Overall, Richmond Spiders
Tim Hightower has seen his numbers get a little bit better each season. Hightower rushed for 399 yards and 10 touchdowns in his rookie season. In 2009 Hightower's yards increased to 598 yards and in 2010 he rose to 736 yards.

Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns
7th Round, 227th Pick Overall, Arkansas Razorbacks
After the 2010 season it might seem like a mistake that Peyton Hillis wasn't drafted until the 7th round but this is the third Razorback on this list. Hillis got few opportunities to run the ball in college on a team that had arguably the two best running backs in the SEC in Darren McFadden and Felix Jones. After rushing for just 54 yards in 2009, Hillis broke out for 1177 yards and 11 touchdowns in 2010. Now we just have to wait and see if he is a one hit wonder.

Justin Forsett, Seattle Seahawks
7th Round, 233rd Pick Overall, California Golden Bears
Justin Forsett has put together a couple of nice seasons for the Seattle Seahawks. In two seasons in Seattle Forsett has averaged 571 yards and three touchdowns per season.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis, New England Patriots
Undrafted, Ole Miss Rebels
BenJarvus Green-Ellis went undrafted in 2008 but rushed 74 times for the Patriots in his rookie season. After 26 more rushes in 2009 Green-Ellis finally got a chance to run the ball in 2010. Green-Ellis rushed for over 1,000 yards in 2010 and scored 13 touchdowns.

Danny Woodhead, New England Patriots
Undrafted, Chadron State Eagles
The other running back on the New England Patriots was also undrafted in the 2008 draft. Woodhead added over 500 yards rushing and another five touchdowns to the Patriots rushing attack.

Damn! That's quite an impressive list when you can actually look at it.

Raidersbane
04-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Oh I don't know. Just how many yards/touchdowns did Quinn run for again?

BroncoBuff
04-12-2011, 01:00 AM

Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders 1st Round, 4th Pick Overall
Jonathan Stewart, Carolina Panthers 1st Round, 13th Pick Overall
Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys 1st Round, 22nd Pick Overall
Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers 1st Round, 23rd Pick Overall
Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans 1st Round, 24th Pick Overall
Matt Forte, Chicago Bears 2nd Round, 44th Pick Overall
Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens 2nd Round, 55th Pick Overall
Kevin Smith, Detroit Lions 3rd Round, 64th Pick Overall
Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs 3rd Round, 73rd Pick
Steve Slaton, Houston Texans 3rd Round, 89th Pick Overall
Ryan Torain, Washington Redskins 5th Round, 139th Pick Overall
Tim Hightower, Arizona Cardinals 5th Round, 149th Pick Overall
Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns 7th Round, 227th Pick Overall
Justin Forsett, Seattle Seahawks 7th Round, 233rd Pick Overall
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, New England Patriots Undrafted
Danny Woodhead, New England Patriots Undrafted

Wow.

HAT
04-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Hillis: 1654 yards, 13 TDs
Quinn: 0 yards, 0 TDs

The jury's still out. ;)

Of course it is. Any QB on your active roster is more important than a gimmick RB. Just ask the Jets & Patriots regarding Woodhead.

broncocalijohn
04-12-2011, 02:13 AM
Of course it is. Any QB on your active roster is more important than a gimmick RB. Just ask the Jets & Patriots regarding Woodhead.

Really? When do you guys just admit McDaniels screwed up? Gimmick RB>3rd string, no play QB. What makes him gimmicky? The fact he can catch, block and run? I will take that for 16 games. Is it hard to admit that we should have kept him and had a pretty good tandem in Moreno and Hillis? Not only did we trade him for a zero yard passer last year, we also gave a better pick in exchange. We really need to run through this again?