PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

errand
12-04-2010, 08:00 AM
I never understand why some fans support the current coach that keeps ruining the team.

I support him because he's our head coach...you keep forgetting the mess he inherited. Messes like that take more than 27 games to fix.....

errand
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't wish the above. I'm stating what I think will happen. I know because I didn't say "I wish." I said, "I'll bet."

So, you bet $200 hoping you lose? i'm not saying your stupid...but wouldn't you have to be?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I support him because he's our head coach...you keep forgetting the mess he inherited. Messes like that take more than 27 games to fix.....

Especially when guys like Hillis and Nolan are part of the problem and not the solution. It will never get fixed.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
So, you bet $200 hoping you lose? i'm not saying your stupid...but wouldn't you have to be?

I get to write off charitable deductions on my taxes. So yes, it would be win/win.

errand
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
I honestly wish I'm wrong about McD. I wish McD nothing but success as the head coach of the Broncos. I wish. I double dog wish. I'll eat my hat when he turns it around.

so here you say "when he turns it around" but you want him gone now? you wish him success as our head coach but you wager hard earned money against his being a success?

errand
12-04-2010, 08:08 AM
I get to write off charitable deductions on my taxes. So yes, it would be win/win.

so you think mcdaniels failing as our coach and Peyton hillis succeeding as a cleveland Brown is a winning situation? Umm, Ok.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
so here you say "when he turns it around" but you want him gone now? you wish him success as our head coach but you wager hard earned money against his being a success?

It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp. But I'll try to break it down for you:

I think McD is terrible. I'd rather we go in a different direction.

HOWEVER

If McD can turn it around, that would be great. It means that we are winning, which is the polar opposite of what is going on right now.

THERFORE

I'll be willing to bet money on McD's continued failure against the success of Hillis.

SO

If I'm wrong, I'll happily lose 200 bucks that otherwise would be going to the government. If I'm right, the Falls Creek Fingerbangers will be 200 bucks richer.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 08:10 AM
so you think mcdaniels failing as our coach and Peyton hillis succeeding as a cleveland Brown is a winning situation? Umm, Ok.

He meant he wins from the Broncos winning and the charity wins, genius.

go_broncos
12-04-2010, 08:12 AM

Mcd inherited 8-8 team and we are worse now.
Some of the coaches inherited worse teams(Lions, Tampa, Rams) and they show more improvement than us.
It's not like Mcd is doing better in picking players.

1) Moreno with 12th pick.
1 100 yard rushing till now.
He should have concentrated on defense.
2) Mcd traded two thrid round picks to take Richard Quinn.
We also got 4th round pick which we selected Seth Olsen.
Where are these guys?
3) Mcd traded 2009 6th and a 2009 7th for a 5th round pick in 2010 to take Kenny McKinley.
4) Mcd traded 2009 7th and a 2010 5th for a 2009 6th to take Brandstater.
I thought Mcd got the QB..Well, he got released.
5) We traded Hillis(6th round pick in 2010 and a conditional pick in 2011) for Brady Quinn.
Don't know what to say..
6) We traded 2nd,3rd and 4th for a 1st round pick to draft Tebow.
He is a project and might take couple more years before he is ready.
You don't pick these type of players when your job itself is not secure.
7) Jarvis Green - We signed him for 4 year deal, 20 million and then we released him.
8) We traded first round pick to get A.smith in 2nd round.
We then traded him to Lions for TE Dan Gronkowski(backup of Tony Schefler)
9) Traded our 2011 4th round pick for Maroney.
Not suprised...
10)Drafting DT in first round..He is made of glass..Always injured..

Shanny atleast can coach.
The problem with Mcd is he drafts ****ty players and coaches like that.
That's why we won only 5 games out of 21.
At this point, it is better to fire him..

bowtown
12-04-2010, 08:16 AM
If I'm right, the Falls Creek Fingerbangers will be 200 bucks richer.

I can't believe we have the same favorite charity. What are the odds?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:18 AM
I can't believe we have the same favorite charity. What are the odds?

I was worried you were going to pick a bogus charity. Whew.

errand
12-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Especially when guys like Hillis and Nolan are part of the problem and not the solution. It will never get fixed.

You do realize that the Broncos defense outside of Dumervil and Dawkins was a sieve last year don't you? I got two words for you...Lamaar Charles.

Nolan leaving wasn't that big of a loss, and neither was Hillis getting ****-canned to Cleveland.

The ?Broncos will get thru this rough patch....with or without Josh mcDaniels. see...unlike you, i won't pine for a coach that didn't get it done in Denver, nor will i pine for a player who's getting it done in Cleveland

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:22 AM
You do realize that the Broncos defense outside of Dumervil and Dawkins was a sieve last year don't you? I got two words for you...Lamaar Charles.

Nolan leaving wasn't that big of a loss, and neither was Hillis getting ****-canned to Cleveland.

The ?Broncos will get thru this rough patch....with or without Josh mcDaniels. see...unlike you, i won't pine for a coach that didn't get it done in Denver, nor will i pine for a player who's getting it done in Cleveland

Keep f--king that chicken.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:24 AM
Two words for you:

Nonexistent player.

errand
12-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Mcd inherited 8-8 team and we are worse now.
Some of the coaches inherited worse teams(Lions, Tampa, Rams) and they show more improvement than us.
It's not like Mcd is doing better in picking players.

1) Moreno with 12th pick.
1 100 yard rushing till now.
He should have concentrated on defense.
2) Mcd traded two thrid round picks to take Richard Quinn.
We also got 4th round pick which we selected Seth Olsen.
Where are these guys?
3) Mcd traded 2009 6th and a 2009 7th for a 5th round pick in 2010 to take Kenny McKinley.
4) Mcd traded 2009 7th and a 2010 5th for a 2009 6th to take Brandstater.
I thought Mcd got the QB..Well, he got released.
5) We traded Hillis(6th round pick in 2010 and a conditional pick in 2011) for Brady Quinn.
Don't know what to say..
6) We traded 2nd,3rd and 4th for a 1st round pick to draft Tebow.
He is a project and might take couple more years before he is ready.
You don't pick these type of players when your job itself is not secure.
7) Jarvis Green - We signed him for 4 year deal, 20 million and then we released him.
8) We traded first round pick to get A.smith in 2nd round.
We then traded him to Lions for TE Dan Gronkowski(backup of Tony Schefler)
9) Traded our 2011 4th round pick for Maroney.
Not suprised...
10)Drafting DT in first round..He is made of glass..Always injured..

Shanny atleast can coach.
The problem with Mcd is he drafts ****ty players and coaches like that.
That's why we won only 5 games out of 21.
At this point, it is better to fire him..

So you wanna play the "he drafted this guy" game? you ever hear of guys like Marcus Nash? Ashlie Lelie? George Foster? He signed Travis Henry and got rid of the Broncos winningest QB since Elway hung them up. He let Heyward and Berry leave when we had no pass rushers, they had almost 10 sacks each with the next season after they left. He let Tory James and Deltha O'Neal leave...both made Pro bowl with other teams. You can't name a head coach that didn't make a day one draft blunder, or traded away a promising player who blossomed with other team.....

BTW, we've won 11 out of 27 games...or doesn't josh get credit for those other 6 wins?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Two words:

Lamaar Charles

errand
12-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Two words for you:

Nonexistent player.

Ok...you're right Lamaar charles is a non-existant player. But Jamaal Charles does exist and he ran wild all over us to the tune of 250 plus....again we need more defensive playmakers

go_broncos
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
So you wanna play the "he drafted this guy" game? you ever hear of guys like Marcus Nash? Ashlie Lelie? George Foster? He signed Travis Henry and got rid of the Broncos winningest QB since Elway hung them up. He let Heyward and Berry leave when we had no pass rushers, they had almost 10 sacks each with the next season after they left. He let Tory James and Deltha O'Neal leave...both made Pro bowl with other teams. You can't name a head coach that didn't make a day one draft blunder, or traded away a promising player who blossomed with other team.....

BTW, we've won 11 out of 27 games...or doesn't josh get credit for those other 6 wins?

Shanny was fired due to the mistakes he did. As i said, it's not like Mcd did one mistake.. Most of the players he picked are average to below average players.
He is a failure..

errand
BTW go-broncos...you thought Brandstater was the answer at QB? You must go to the Taco John School of QB evaluating i guess.......

go_broncos
Ok...you're right Lamaar charles is a non-existant player. But Jamaal Charles does exist and he ran wild all over us to the tune of 250 plus....again we need more defensive playmakers

Tell that to Mcd who keeps drafting more offensive players in early rounds.

errand
12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Shanny was fired due to the mistakes he did. As i said, it's not like Mcd did one mistake.. Most of the players he picked are average to below average players.
He is a failure..

Moreno had 947 yards rushing and 7 TD's splitting carries..he's on pace to catch about 50 passes and is averaging more than some WR's are in yards per catch. Moreno needs to stay healthy, but he's going to be a pretty good player.....i recall Fred Taylor starting his career similiarly.

Alphonso Smith is tied for third in the NFL with 5 INT's. If you think getting rid of Hillis was a mistake why aren't you lamenting the loss of a CB that is on pace for 8 INT's this year? you make it sound like Josh can't evaluate talent, but he saw the potential this kid had and drafted him.

Tebow is a project, yes...but after seeing him turn Tom Brady into the hall of famer he's most certainly going to be, and witnessing what he's done with Cassell and Orton, why would you doubt he could make Tebow a very good QB?

to label McDaniels a failure because his team is 3-8 this year is ridiculous, his w-l record overall is 11-16. mike's after his first 36 games was 16-20....i mean mike has a hall of fame QB and a better running game and he's not winning that many games in Washington.

errand
12-04-2010, 08:49 AM
He meant he wins from the Broncos winning and the charity wins, genius.

i know what he means there clown.....just because you can't read between the lines his pseudo fan posts, doesn't mean i can't. He's a hero worshiper. He'd rather the Broncos lose with McDaniels than win without hillis.

Pony Boy
12-04-2010, 09:00 AM
If I'm wrong, I'll happily lose 200 bucks that otherwise would be going to the government. If I'm right, the Falls Creek Fingerbangers will be 200 bucks richer.

:rofl: Why do I get the feeling that me, you and maybe OUbronco are the only ones laughing our asses off ;D

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
i know what he means there clown.....just because you can't read between the lines his pseudo fan posts, doesn't mean i can't. He's a hero worshiper. He'd rather the Broncos lose with McDaniels than win without hillis.

You should re-evaluate your priorities, imo.

BroncoBuff
12-04-2010, 09:06 AM
You must go to the Taco John School of QB evaluating i guess.......

QB evaluation schools are hit and miss. For example, I was right on the money about Brandstater and Brady Quinn, but there was another guy I missed on.

Abqbronco
12-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Moreno had 947 yards rushing and 7 TD's splitting carries..he's on pace to catch about 50 passes and is averaging more than some WR's are in yards per catch. Moreno needs to stay healthy, but he's going to be a pretty good player.....i recall Fred Taylor starting his career similiarly.

Alphonso Smith is tied for third in the NFL with 5 INT's. If you think getting rid of Hillis was a mistake why aren't you lamenting the loss of a CB that is on pace for 8 INT's this year? you make it sound like Josh can't evaluate talent, but he saw the potential this kid had and drafted him.

Tebow is a project, yes...but after seeing him turn Tom Brady into the hall of famer he's most certainly going to be, and witnessing what he's done with Cassell and Orton, why would you doubt he could make Tebow a very good QB?

to label McDaniels a failure because his team is 3-8 this year is ridiculous, his w-l record overall is 11-16. mike's after his first 36 games was 16-20....i mean mike has a hall of fame QB and a better running game and he's not winning that many games in Washington.

Maybe he saw Smith roasted like a turkey on Thanksgiving day?

Pony Boy
12-04-2010, 09:08 AM

That might be the single worst statement I ever read on the OM, we might need you to piss in the cup........Hilarious!

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 09:08 AM

You are approaching Iraqi Information Minister territory with your ability to publicly proclaim the exact opposite of the truth.

go_broncos
12-04-2010, 09:17 AM
That might be the single worst statement I ever read on the OM, we might need you to piss in the cup........Hilarious!

He might be relative of popps..

errand
12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
Maybe he saw Smith roasted like a turkey on Thanksgiving day?

Actually he saw it too many times in his rookie season and decided he'd part ways with him...however 5 turnovers is a huge contribution. Besides smith didn't get torched any more by Tom Brady than champ and the rest have been torched by Peyton Manning etc....

The point is Josh saw this kid could create turnovers which is why he drafted him in the first place....he also saw a Rb that didn't fit into his plans or couldn't perform and shipped him to cleveland. But numerous posters on here act like he just drafted Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning

zdoor
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM

Lol... Denial is brutal sometimes...

errand
12-04-2010, 09:38 AM

Broncos gave up quite a few rushing yards down the stretch last season...they also began 6-0 and finished 2-8, with the defense being the major culprit.

errand
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Lol... Denial is brutal sometimes...

Denial? What am i denying? The defense (or lack there of) has been our achilles heel for the past decade......

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Denial? What am i denying? The defense (or lack there of) has been our achilles heel for the past decade......

Mike Nolan was the problem, right? The defense got way better after McTougherSmarter ran him off.

Gutless Drunk
12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt2_C9wLNjU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt2_C9wLNjU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

errand
12-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Mike Nolan was the problem, right? The defense got way better after McTougherSmarter ran him off.

I didn't say he was "the problem" i said him leaving was no huge loss.....good players are good players regardless of the coach. A great LB like Randy Gradishar will continue to make plays regardless of who his coach is.

We don't have any players like Gradishar on the team is what the probelm is...

Flex Gunmetal
12-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Has the story about hillis and mcd's wife been posted yet in this 120 page thread?

frerottenextelway
12-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Has the story about hillis and mcd's wife been posted yet in this 120 page thread?

Yeah, but we determined it wasn't true because Hillis would've done better.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 11:02 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lt2_c9wlnju?fs=1&amp;hl=en_us"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lt2_c9wlnju?fs=1&amp;hl=en_us" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

rofl

Pony Boy
12-04-2010, 11:11 AM
rofl

Ditto's.... GFC that's some funny stuff

Taco John
12-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I didn't say he was "the problem" i said him leaving was no huge loss.....good players are good players regardless of the coach. A great LB like Randy Gradishar will continue to make plays regardless of who his coach is.

Clearly the results on the field has proven this out... Oh wait. Nevermind.

Taco John
12-04-2010, 11:24 AM

I love this "mess he inherited" line that people use to defend Widdle Joshie from his own mistakes...

Josh inherited a team that would be winning the division now if he had any brains.

Pony Boy
12-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Wow, you gotta fear the hog-nose face mask coming at ya

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atD9OGyJwKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atD9OGyJwKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Really!?!
Lets look at the faiders the year before Shannahan the year with Shannahan:
1987 w/o Shannahan: (17 Los Angeles Raiders 15 20.1 301) Ranked 17th in ave points per game
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STAT S&archive=true&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1&season=1987&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1
1988 w/ Shannahan: (16 Los Angeles Raiders 16 20.3 325 ) Ranked 16th in ave points per game
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STAT S&archive=true&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1&season=1988&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1
Now lets look at McDumbass:
2008 w/o Mcdumbass: (17 Denver Broncos 16 23.1 370) Ranked 17
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STAT S&archive=true&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=1&conference=null&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1
2009 w Mcdumbass: (20 Denver Broncos 16 20.4 326) Ramked 20
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STAT S&archive=true&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=TOTAL_POINTS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1&season=2009&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=2&role=TM&d-447263-p=1
Don't believe me click the links. They come from www.nfl.com.
So why did Mike fail to see this uberman wearing #22?
i mean if McDaniels is such an idiot, fine...he's got an excuse for not seeing that he had the next John Riggins on his roster...afterall, according to you he's retarded.... but what's mike's excuse? Or are you saying he's a moron too?
As for whether or not he'll play longer than josh is our head coach...i can only say a head coach is given less patience. i do know that Josh Mcdaniels first head coaching job lasted longer than mike shanahan's ever did.
Al davis let mike go after 20 games and an 8-12 record. BTW...mike's winning pct as a head coach in his first 36 games was .444 (16-20) and he had a couple of hall of famers on his rosters. Josh is 11-16 (.407)
Read and learn.

zdoor
12-04-2010, 11:52 AM
I love this "mess he inherited" line that people use to defend Widdle Joshie from his own mistakes...

Josh inherited a team that would be winning the division now if he had any brains.

Well the mess he inherited is the same mess we have now... All we've done is rebuild the offense and left the same weaknesses that were here 2 years ago...

go_broncos
12-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Well the mess he inherited is the same mess we have now... All we've done is rebuild the offense and left the same weaknesses that were here 2 years ago...

The offense is worse now.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM

rep

BroncoBuff
12-04-2010, 12:20 PM

Sounds like 'MEIN TACO!' is ready for an encore ... :~ohyah!:

errand
12-04-2010, 12:45 PM

How so TJ? The defense sucked when Mike was here too.....or have you forgotten that we won only half of our games the last 3 seasons he was here...even less when he dumped the guy you called the 'road block" to our success.

HAT
12-04-2010, 12:52 PM

I wonder how many games this year where that extra 4/10ths of a point that Denver scored per game in 2008 would have made a difference.

:rofl:

zdoor
12-04-2010, 01:26 PM

Agreed... I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but I think so too.. At worst its debatable..

cabronco
12-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Wow, you gotta fear the hog-nose face mask coming at ya

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atD9OGyJwKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atD9OGyJwKw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm sure glad McD shipped little Csonka out of Denver. What would we need a punishing runner, plus pass catching Rb for. That would just open up play action fakes for Orton to survey the field. McBrilliant.

errand
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm sure glad McD shipped little Csonka out of Denver. What would we need a punishing runner, plus pass catching Rb for. That would just open up play action fakes for Orton to survey the field. McBrilliant.

huge difference when guys like Joe Thomas and alex mack are opening holes for you vs two rookies, and your best OL man coming off a knee injury

point being is hillis would be hard pressed to run to daylight behind our young inexperienced OL.

oubronco
12-04-2010, 02:31 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VvfuhWEK7lg2IM:http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/cherizzledizzle/PissOnChiefs.jpg&t=1

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 02:37 PM
huge difference when guys like Joe Thomas and alex mack are opening holes for you vs two rookies, and your best OL man coming off a knee injury

point being is hillis would be hard pressed to run to daylight behind our young inexperienced OL.

Best offensive line in the NFL in 2008

cabronco
12-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Its not like the Brownies have the best line in football, in fact I believe they're ranked towards the bottom.

cabronco
12-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I have seen Hillis get the ball with no hole to run through, but still carries tacklers for 2 to 3 yards. I've also seen him recognize there's no running lane and bounce it outside for big gains. As opposed to Moreno running up the back of his blockers. I believe the Broncos running game is improving now that O-line's back intact, but Moreno cant pound the ball like Hillis, and Im not sure his break away speed is any faster. I guess it doesnt matter when your Offense is pass oriented.

go_broncos
12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Its not like the Brownies have the best line in football, in fact I believe they're ranked towards the bottom.

Browns do not have any passing game..All they do is ask Hillis to run..
Still, No one is able to stop him.
He would have definitely helped the offense.
These type of mistakes will ultimately cost Mcd.
I never thought a coach can do this much damage in such a short time.
Hopefully, the clown gets fired this offseason.

Popps
12-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Just checking in... did he come back yet?

HAT
12-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Just checking in... did he come back yet?

I think that happens when this thread reaches 150 pages.

In the meantime....At least the widows have a Fathead pic to fap to.

WolfpackGuy
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
There's plenty to choose from, but here's a Fathead gift idea.

http://sharing.wtnh.com/sharekrqe//photo/2010/10/18/Jets_Broncos_Football__53008_6_20101018081527_640_ 480.JPG

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Best offensive line in the NFL in 2008

What year are we in now, again?

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 03:48 PM

So much ignorant fail in this post.

They may not be the best pass blocking OL, but they sure as hell know how to run block. Joe Thomas is also arguably the best LT in the league.

Go watch the Hillis hilight reel and tell me that there wasn't good (more like excellent) blocking on most, if not all, of his big runs.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 03:48 PM
What year are we in now again?

2010. We've had 2 full years of moving in the wrong direction.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM

While that is true, there are legitimate reasons for a lot of it, other than the scheme change/coaching change.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
While that is true, there are legitimate reasons for a lot of it, other than the scheme change/coaching change.

Like coaching and front office incompetence?

Jesterhole
12-04-2010, 03:51 PM

Nope, we still have to endure five more games, and THEN we'll be 2 years in.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Like coaching and front office incompetence?

Probably 2 contributors. Along with injuries to every returning starter and 2 rookies starting (that were picked up due to declining ability/scheme change of the previous starters in their spot). I would put your ideas at #3 and 4 respectively as causes for their struggles though.

If nothing had changed (same starters and scheme as 2008), we still wouldn't have even close to the best offensive line in football with what has happened to the linemen this year.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 04:08 PM

Who's responsibility is it to put the team in a position to succeed and play up to the talent of the personnel?

gunns
12-04-2010, 04:10 PM
So McDaniels can't spot talent?

He saw a franchise type RB and drafted him...he subsequently led all rookie rushers with 947 yards and 7 TD's while splitting carries....it's not Moreno's fault he rarely gets 20 carries a game because he's playing against two defenses.

He saw a Bears Qb that was languishing in pergatory and has turned him into a franchise record setting QB.

He took castoffs like Brandon Lloyd and Jabbar Gaffney and has them playing at a high level too. Both have set career highs for receptions and yards

He turned Dumervil into an OLB and was rewarded with 17.5 sacks.

He traded up to draft Alphonso Smith and while he got rid of him...he now has 5 INT's in Detroit. sure it looks like a mistake, but at the time Smith wasn't playing well in Denver. but Josh still saw that the kid could in fact play in the NFL.

He also saw the wasted **** that Mike drafted and got rid of it....he saw the cancerous types of players like Cutler and Marshall and got rid of them...and the parts they were replaced with ARE OUT PERFORMING them week in and week out

This team has a decent nucleus of high character players who can win in this league....It's not gonna happen overnight no matter who is coaching them. We need younger faster playmakers, specifically on the defensive side of the ball.

So I'm supposed to be happy that McD is pulling some of the same boners as Shanahan? Sorry, I wanted Shanahan gone for a variety of reasons and I see McD pulling the same crap. Akin to what you've posted above. I don't know what was more shocking this year, the Oakland debacle or the two offensive players taken in the first round....something Shanahan did/would do. And I don't have a problem with the losing (Oakland aside) but I do have a problem with all the drama. Shut up and coach dude, and coach ONLY.

Then you say that a good player is going to be good no matter who the coach is. Then wouldn't it have been more productive to keep Hillis and why didn't McD see his talent (just like Shanahan)? Then it's the offensive line, he wouldn't have been productive behind it. Well then no RB would be, Moreno sure hasn't, so why not keep Hillis until it is good and we could have used that Moreno pick for a defensive player. But then again I digress, I don't know that I want McD picking a defensive player. Get a GM.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Who's responsibility is it to put the team in a position to succeed and play up to the talent of the personnel?
That would be all well and good if they didn't have injuries to every good offensive lineman on the team that isn't in their rookie year. McDaniels was brought in to install his offense. That included dropping all of the depth players from the previous regime that can't handle man blocking.

I'm still not sure that the coaching has been as bad as it looked at the beginning of the year since they have everyone in their correct position and they look somewhat competent as a line now.

It was a bad idea to rely on 2 rookies to come in and contribute immediately, but our main problem has been at C and there were not any FA centers worth a damn this year, so I'm not sure what they were supposed to do to fix it. Maybe Weigman would have done better without Hamilton beside him.

elsid13
12-04-2010, 04:15 PM

It really sucks that McDaniels decide to pass on Mack last season. Been nice to have center to take from Weigman.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
It really sucks that McDaniels decide to pass on Mack last season. Been nice to have center to take from Weigman.

That would have been sweet, would have been at the expense of his only front-7 draft pick so far though. I'm not sure it would have been worth the trade-off.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 04:33 PM
That would be all well and good if they didn't have injuries to every good offensive lineman on the team that isn't in their rookie year. McDaniels was brought in to install his offense. That included dropping all of the depth players from the previous regime that can't handle man blocking.

I'm still not sure that the coaching has been as bad as it looked at the beginning of the year since they have everyone in their correct position and they look somewhat competent as a line now.

It was a bad idea to rely on 2 rookies to come in and contribute immediately, but our main problem has been at C and there were not any FA centers worth a damn this year, so I'm not sure what they were supposed to do to fix it. Maybe Weigman would have done better without Hamilton beside him.

That's a cute excuse and all, but Harris hasn't touched the injury report since the Titans game (for some reason the coaches felt it would be better to give him full participation in practice and rest him during games, lol), and Clady all season. Weigman was under a contract extension and was cut, and now he's only on the best rushing team in the NFL by a large margin.

Bottom line is we have a much more talented OL today than we did in 2008 with 1/10th the results.

elsid13
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
That would have been sweet, would have been at the expense of his only front-7 draft pick so far though. I'm not sure it would have been worth the trade-off.

The question was Ayers better choice then Mack would have been for the team? I think we could have stolen a OLB (Sintims, Barwin) later in the draft to make out on missing on Ayers.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
The question was Ayers better choice then Mack would have been for the team? I think we could have stolen a OLB (Sintims, Barwin) later in the draft to make out on missing on Ayers.
I'm not sure why I'm arguing. I like the idea of Mack and Barwin and liked both of those players when they came out.

Barwin's out this year, but had a decent rookie year and Mack would have been an awesome piece to have on our line right now.

Just more evidence that a real GM needs to be brought in, regardless of who the coach is next year.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
That's a cute excuse and all, but Harris hasn't touched the injury report since the Titans game (for some reason the coaches felt it would be better to give him full participation in practice and rest him during games, lol), and Clady all season. Weigman was under a contract extension and was cut, and now he's only on the best rushing team in the NFL by a large margin.

Bottom line is we have a much more talented OL today than we did in 2008 with 1/10th the results.

You're right, I agree. I think that you are downplaying the role that injuries and inexperience have had on the performance of the line, but the coaching at the beginning of the year was downright bad. They didn't even understand how to pick up stunts.

If the line play doesn't continue to improve as the year goes on (especially now that they have their lineup set), the OL coaching staff should be fired and I wouldn't be sad if someone else is brought in even in the face of improvement (depending on how much).

elsid13
12-04-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm not sure why I'm arguing. I like the idea of Mack and Barwin and liked both of those players when they came out.

Barwin's out this year, but had a decent rookie year and Mack would have been an awesome piece to have on our line right now.

Just more evidence that a real GM needs to be brought in, regardless of who the coach is next year.

Barwin, in my mind, was a 3/4 Backer. Playing TE you knew had talent to drop into coverage, plus he had the burst to blitz from the edge. I really do think he was miscast as 4/3 DE.

But you are right we need a experience GM, that tell Josh no at times.

Broncoman13
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Barwin, in my mind, was a 3/4 Backer. Playing TE you knew had talent to drop into coverage, plus he had the burst to blitz from the edge. I really do think he was miscast as 4/3 DE.

But you are right we need a experience GM, that tell Josh no at times.

You need some balance between the HC and the GM. One of the best in the business apparently lost out on occasion... Dungy and Polian had many discussions regarding Mathis. Dungy wanted him in a bad way and Polian wanted no part of him. Dungy got his man in the end.

The big difference there. If Dungy would have fought for his man, drafted him in the first couple rounds... best believe Polian would have made him work with him for 3 or 4 years, not chance he would have allowed him to just drop him.

cabronco
12-04-2010, 05:07 PM
So much ignorant fail in this post.

They may not be the best pass blocking OL, but they sure as hell know how to run block. Joe Thomas is also arguably the best LT in the league.

Go watch the Hillis hilight reel and tell me that there wasn't good (more like excellent) blocking on most, if not all, of his big runs.

You're right, they are great at run blocking or at least 12th best as of now.

What speaks volumes to me is Hillis has 905 yards of the total 1,285 total rushing yards for the Browns, not to mention passing yards. With an average of 4.5 yards. With the gaping holes you speak of, you'd think the other rb's would have similar averages...but they're at more than a yard less at 3.4 yards ave.

TheReverend
12-04-2010, 10:07 PM
You're right, I agree. I think that you are downplaying the role that injuries and inexperience have had on the performance of the line, but the coaching at the beginning of the year was downright bad. They didn't even understand how to pick up stunts.

If the line play doesn't continue to improve as the year goes on (especially now that they have their lineup set), the OL coaching staff should be fired and I wouldn't be sad if someone else is brought in even in the face of improvement (depending on how much).

I don't think I'm downplaying that at all.

Keep in mind we had over SEVEN starting RBs placed on IR that year. If you think that doesn't effect the way teams game plan their pass rush/run defense, then you're out of your mind.

Bottom line: Despite those decimate symbiotic injuries, Denver fielded the best OL in the NFL. Since then, we've added more talent with horrendous results.

misturanderson
12-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I don't think I'm downplaying that at all.

Keep in mind we had over SEVEN starting RBs placed on IR that year. If you think that doesn't effect the way teams game plan their pass rush/run defense, then you're out of your mind.

Bottom line: Despite those decimate symbiotic injuries, Denver fielded the best OL in the NFL. Since then, we've added more talent with horrendous results.
Injuries to multiple positions on the line are going to have a bigger effect on the running game than injuries to just the RB position. Especially when that position is manned by all-world players like Andre Hall, Selvin Young and old as dirt Michael Pittman. There was very little drop-off in production because the line was completely intact the entire year and playing well.

Bronco Yoda
12-04-2010, 10:56 PM
"WTF did you do to my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.seahawks.com/assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/coaches/gibbs-alex/100122-gibbs-250.jpg

bowtown
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
"WTF did you do to my team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.seahawks.com/assets/images/imported/SEA/articleImages/coaches/gibbs-alex/100122-gibbs-250.jpg

You quit this team, just like every team you've ever coached for. You've retired more times than Brett Favre.

TomServo
12-05-2010, 02:42 AM
He saw a franchise type RB and drafted him...he subsequently led all rookie rushers with 947 yards and 7 TD's
and knowshon had what? like 100 more carries than any other rb in the league?
Franchise? Franchise? gimme rueben droughns anyday.
rookie honors are like academy awards or grammys-Worthless. *ahem* mike croel DROY.
if any coach in the league picked moreno over hillis now. we know that coach was an idiot. o wait one coach did.
gimme sammy winder and his 3.8 per carry over knowshons 3.8 per carry MINUS the fumbles Anyday.

zdoor
12-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Injuries to multiple positions on the line are going to have a bigger effect on the running game than injuries to just the RB position. Especially when that position is manned by all-world players like Andre Hall, Selvin Young and old as dirt Michael Pittman. There was very little drop-off in production because the line was completely intact the entire year and playing well.

You're ignoring that some of our line woes are self induced... We let Wiegman go and decided to go with a rook... Thar had nothing to do with injury... We should have kept him while the rook developed or signed another vet... The running game and line performance wouldn't have been near as god awful...

bowtown
12-05-2010, 08:16 AM
You're ignoring that some of our loin woes are self induced... We let Wiegman go and decided to go with a rook... Thar had nothing to do with injury... We should have kept him while the rook developed or signed another vet... The running game and line performance wouldn't have been near as god awful...

Running a PBS with Weigmann at center would have been just as bad.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
You're ignoring that some of our loin woes are self induced... We let Wiegman go and decided to go with a rook... Thar had nothing to do with injury... We should have kept him while the rook developed or signed another vet... The running game and line performance wouldn't have been near as god awful...

Self induced loin woes.

I'm going to laugh about that one for a good 5 minutes.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
Zdoor tried to edit it but he is thankfully too late.

zdoor
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM

Self induced loin woes.

Lol... ****ing iPad spell corrector... Of course it's still applicable... Watching the team half the time is like getting kicked in the nuts

broncogary
12-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Self induced loin woes.

Doc, I've got this self induced groin woe I need to talk to you about. :~ohyah!:

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Lol... ****ing iPad spell corrector... Of course it's still applicable... Watching the team half the time is like getting kicked in the nuts

This is true. The McD era has been a giant self induced loin woe.

Karenin
12-05-2010, 02:04 PM
50 yards on 3.2 YPC for Reuben Droughns 2.0. Scratch that, Hillis hasn't even had a season on par with Droughns' best season in Cleveland yet.

Requiem
12-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Moreno did great today!

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 02:14 PM
50 yards on 3.2 YPC for Reuben Droughns 2.0. Scratch that, Hillis hasn't even had a season on par with Droughns' best season in Cleveland yet.

You dolt, Hillis has 4 games to get 282 yards. As is he has 11 TDs to Reuben's best year of 4 TDs. I would say 7 more TDs is way more important then 282 yards.

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM
Moreno did great today!

Yes he did but we lost.......
Hills got 57 yards today but they won.......

See how this works, it's better if you win :thumbs:

Popps
12-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Since our line has come together, Moreno has run as well as Hillis... as most of us said would be the case.

RB isn't and hasn't been the problem with this team, but that's not going to stop the fools from running this thread to 200 pages.

I'm sure if they keep pining, he'll come back. :)

broncolife
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM

Since our line has come together, Moreno has run as well as Hillis... as most of us said would be the case.

RB isn't and hasn't been the problem with this team, but that's not going to stop the fools from running this thread to 200 pages.

I dont think its just the line. Moreno seems to have went up another gear.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Its possible the last month Moreno has been healthy, and is doing what Denver expected when they drafted him.

:Broncos:

Popps
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM

It's both. Like Sir said... he's finally healthy.

But, the lanes are there. Go back and watch games from earlier this season. There were guys meeting Moreno for the handoff.

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM

I don't have a problem with Moreno, but that doesn't have anything to do with trading Hillis. Do you think a two headed running attack with Moreno and Hillis would work? Seems to work for KC.

McD was a bafoon for trading Hillis, plain and simple and that will never be erased.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
I don't have a problem with Moreno, but that doesn't have anything to do with trading Hillis. Do you think a two headed running attack with Moreno and Hillis would work? Seems to work for KC.

McD was a bafoon for trading Hillis, plain and simple and that will never be erased.

Yeah popps will never get that.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM

The assumption here is that Hillis would have played HB for Denver primarily. Dude is gone. Im glad he is doing well in Cleveland but the constant "what if" is getting old. McDaniels made a mistake, but if he was not going to play or be a building block for the offense, why keep him here where he would be miserable?

They both moved on from it. Maybe the fanbase should as well.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
The assumption here is that Hillis would have played HB for Denver primarily. Dude is gone. Im glad he is doing well in Cleveland but the constant "what if" is getting old. McDaniels made a mistake, but if he was not going to play or be a building block for the offense, why keep him here where he would be miserable?

The problem is that we have a head coach / GM who can't find a way to use a guy like Hillis, and can't work with a guy like Mike Nolan. It's the hollow feeling that comes with knowing the guy in charge doesn't have a clue. How hard is that to understand?

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM

This is 125 page "what if" thread, it's makes us feel good......why do you post on it?

Also this thread gives popps a reason to wake up every day ;D

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
The problem is that we have a head coach / GM who can't find a way to use a guy like Hillis, and can't work with a guy like Mike Nolan. It's the hollow feeling that comes with knowing the guy in charge doesn't have a clue. How hard is that to understand?

Responding to this little nugget would be like digging up the dead horse and beating it yet again with a tire iron.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
This is 125 page "what if" thread, it's makes us feel good......why do you post on it?

Also this thread gives popps a reason to wake up every day ;D

Because apparently this is a board full of masochists.

But this is probably the most successful Popps thread ever.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Responding to this little nugget would be like digging up the dead horse and beating it yet again with a tire iron.

So no beating of any dead horses unless they are your dead horses?

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
So no beating of any dead horses unless they are your dead horses?

Does it matter?

Its still a dead horse, isnt it?

colonelbeef
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Does it matter?

how is this a dead issue when the Broncos continue to suffer the direct consequences both from the trade itself as well as the person who propagated it?

The issue, along with the rest of the atrocious personnel moves and coaching decisions are dead when and only when McDaniels is finally fired.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
how is this a dead issue when the Broncos continue to suffer the direct consequences both from the trade itself as well as the person who propogated it?

The issue, along with the rest of the atrocious personnel moves and coaching decisions are dead when and only when McDaniels is finally fired.

Its a dead issue because no amount of fan angst will turn time back to the day before Hillis was traded to stop it. Thats why its a dead issue. At this point everyone is very aware of how other posters feel about it.

So its a circle jerk argument. Good for nothing else but wasting time and making a mess.

SoCalBronco
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Does it matter?

The problem with this whole "its over get over it" thing is that it misses the point. Yes, what's done is done, but what's important here is to learn from our ****ups. When an organization and coaching staff that isn't respected at all (ie Cleveland) can get alot of great production out of a guy like Hillis and for whatever reason our "system" doesn't fit him.....what you should be thinking isn't that this is a dead horse being beaten again, you should be questioning our system and our staff.

Denver should NEVER be raped by Cleveland in a trade or a game or anything. Ever. It's ****ing Cleveland.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:41 PM
The problem with this whole "its over get over it" thing is that it misses the point. Yes, what's done is done, but what's important here is to learn from our ****ups. When an organization and coaching staff that isn't respected at all (ie Cleveland) can get alot of great production out of a guy like Hillis and for whatever reason our "system" doesn't fit him.....what you should be thinking isn't that this is a dead horse being beaten again, you should be questioning our system and our staff.

Denver should NEVER be raped by Cleveland in a trade or a game or anything. Ever. It's ****ing Cleveland.

It is a dead issue at this point. 3100 posts in this thread with the same argument presented over and over. This has made it go beyond questioning the staff or front office. Its just a chance for some people to be dicks and others assholes about a topic thats as explained or eviscerated as it is ever going to be.

Requiem
12-05-2010, 04:40 PM

Everyone likes to win, that doesn't take away from the fact that Moreno has 380 yards on the ground in the past four games and 186 receiving and three scores.

The last four weeks are the weeks where our original offensive line (Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kuper and Harris) have been on the field together and have worked cohesively and well enough to give Moreno great opportunities. I thought our interior played especially well today.

There is no coincidence that Moreno's success has been a great deal in part of a functioning unit ahead of him.

He has an outside shot of breaking 1,000 on the year on the ground -- with missing three games. Not only that, but he will probably come up with close to 500 yards in the receiving game. It is a legit possibility, and that kind of production is coming with a lot less looks than Hillis is getting in Cleveland.

As I've said, it was a bad trade, but why do we keep on rehashing this? Beating the proverbial dead horse. What is done is done. I think we all agree that Hillis and Moreno here would be excellent, but that isn't happening. Very unfortunate, but lets not act like Hillis would be doing what here what he is in Cleveland.

The offensive balance, play calling and sentiments and way we coach would indicate that.

I'm pleased with Moreno's play. Everyone should be the last four weeks. He is simply the least of our worries.

Can't wait till he breaks Davis records so we can have someone else to talk about.

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm pleased with Moreno's play. Everyone should be the last four weeks. He is simply the least of our worries.

Can't wait till he breaks Davis records so we can have someone else to talk about.

So how many super bowl MVP's will Moreno get and when do you expect that record to be broken?

HAT
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
So how many super bowl MVP's will Moreno get and when do you expect that record to be broken?

2, and in 2013. Prove me wrong. ;D

Requiem
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Unfortunately, I do not have faith that Moreno will see a Super Bowl in his time with the Broncos.

However, I do expect him to be able to break Davis' yardage mark by the time is contract expires with the team if he can stay healthy. . . or isn't traded by Joshie Poo. :~ohyah!:

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM
2, and in 2013. Prove me wrong. ;D

Oh, I see what you did, you think he will be traded. :~ohyah!:

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
It is a dead issue at this point. 3100 posts in this thread with the same argument presented over and over. This has made it go beyond questioning the staff or front office. Its just a chance for some people to be ***** and others a-holes about a topic thats as explained or eviscerated as it is ever going to be.

The problem I have is that this coaching staff or HC has not yet learned their lesson. They still treat the running game as a less desirable option, regardless of whether it is producing and the passing game is not. He didn't need Hillis because his offense would be unstoppable via the air. What he needed was a back-up QB. He is an idiot. Not because of past mistakes but because he keeps making the same mistake week after week after week.

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM

You talk about others making up lies about what you've said and then arguing against you...

Where has anyone said..."I wish Hillis would come back."

Popps
12-05-2010, 07:41 PM
You talk about others making up lies about what you've said and then arguing against you...

Where has anyone said..."I wish Hillis would come back."

Dude, do you honestly think I'm serious with that?

Really?

Maybe you need someone at home to help you decipher simple sarcasm if you're going to be reading grown-up message boards.

TotallyScrewed
12-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Has Popps had a bad day...err year? Do you have controls issues?

Missouribronc
12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Raise your hand if you think Peyton Hillis had more than one good game as a Bronco.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Raise your hand if you think Peyton Hillis had more than one good game as a Bronco.

rep

broncocalijohn
12-05-2010, 10:32 PM
As for last year, it was more a blocking issue than play-calling. Same for the earlier part of this year. The line looks like it's gelling, and as many of us predicted... once that happened, Moreno has run very well. But, for the 100th time... it would be great to have both of them here.
Gotta run, guys. It's been fun.
12/5/2010[QUOTE=Popps] Since our line has come together, Moreno has run as well as Hillis... as most of us said would be the case.

I'm sure if they keep pining, he'll come back. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_3 alt="http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/smille.gif" type="#_x0000_t75" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="smille" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Denise\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\c lip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I'll check back in around 200 pages and see if the whining and story-telling has made Hillils come back...
Well, Popps came back with 75 pages to go. Couldn’t stay out. First quote is him telling us it would have been great to have both RBs. But got off that thought and is now telling us we are A OK with Moreno as our back and RB isn’t our problem. Popps, was RB a problem when Moreno was hurt and had no one of substance back there? Cant have it both ways. Yes, having both would have been great but playing Devils’ advocate, I ask how could we afford both our 1<SUP>st</SUP> round pick and star Hillis? Oh wait, it DIDN’T COST US ANY EXTRA MONEY! In fact, it cost us another draft pick to get rid of Hillis! The only story telling is facts: McDaniels ****ed up by not keeping Hillis when we were thin at running back and had actual game film of what he can do when given a chance. He trade hillis for a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> string QB that has seen no action as of yet and also gave up a future draft pick.

broncocalijohn
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
It is a dead issue at this point. 3100 posts in this thread with the same argument presented over and over. This has made it go beyond questioning the staff or front office. Its just a chance for some people to be ***** and others a-holes about a topic thats as explained or eviscerated as it is ever going to be.

Its this long not necessarily as a "I told you so" but because a few of you ie. Popps cant just admit defeat and say, "I backed the wrong pony in this one." It is excuse after excuse of covering one of the biggest failures in recent Broncos history.

strafen
12-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Its this long not necessarily as a "I told you so" but because a few of you ie. Popps cant just admit defeat and say, "I backed the wrong pony in this one." It is excuse after excuse of covering one of the biggest failures in recent Broncos history.Rep!

Don Flamenco
12-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Its this long not necessarily as a "I told you so" but because a few of you ie. Popps cant just admit defeat and say, "I backed the wrong pony in this one." It is excuse after excuse of covering one of the biggest failures in recent Broncos history.

I hate that old ******

Archer81
12-05-2010, 11:32 PM

Which makes the people saying "I told you so" assholes. Hillis would not have been a feature back in Denver. He would have remained a FB, and probably would not have been resigned when his contract ran out. Even Shanny kept Hillis at FB, and used him at HB out of necessity, not by design.

I dont believe a 3100 post thread exists lamenting the trade of Portis to Washington or Marshall to Miami or the cutting of Ben Hamilton. This thread has become the microcasm of what is plaguing this board. Two camps hammering the same thing over and over and over again with nothing new to add.

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 11:33 PM

He had 3. Less than he had mediocre/bad games as a bronco.

colonelbeef
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Which makes the people saying "I told you so" a-holes. Hillis would not have been a feature back in Denver. He would have remained a FB, and probably would not have been resigned when his contract ran out. Even Shanny kept Hillis at FB, and used him at HB out of necessity, not by design.

I dont believe a 3100 post thread exists lamenting the trade of Portis to Washington or Marshall to Miami or the cutting of Ben Hamilton. This thread has become the microcasm of what is plaguing this board. Two camps hammering the same thing over and over and over again with nothing new to add.

Just because you have incorrectly backed McDaniels and his personnel maneuvers doesn't mean that you need to resort to name calling.

Also- why not point out the fact that the Portis trade netted Champ Bailey, the best CB in the game for a few years during that period, hence the lack of threads lamenting the loss of Portis?

The only thing plaguing this board are people like you who simply cannot admit having been wrong, period.

broncocalijohn
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Which makes the people saying "I told you so" a-holes. Hillis would not have been a feature back in Denver. He would have remained a FB, and probably would not have been resigned when his contract ran out. Even Shanny kept Hillis at FB, and used him at HB out of necessity, not by design.

Well, if Popps ever decides to stick with his words and not come back until this hits 200 posts (and probably wont unless he comes in and helps bump it with his easy posts to rebuttal), you are top choice to take over the jester role. Pretty basic, just deny and make things up to make sure your point of Hillis not amounting to much stays intact. The part I highlighted from your posts, please fill us in on that info you obtained. I know McD hasnt been the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but if he could go back and fix this **** up, I am sure he is not only keeping Hillis, but playing him at RB and signing him once the season ended. If not, then he is not only hard hitted but as dumb as those that think this. Chris, guess what camp you are in?

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:12 AM
This thread will be around even after humans are extinct.

http://math.yorku.ca/infinity_old/Images/newInfinity.jpg

s0phr0syne
12-06-2010, 05:49 AM
That's appropriate considering that Peyton Hillis will still exist at that time.

Lolad
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
That's appropriate considering that Peyton Hillis will still exist at that time.

we can start Peyton Hillis alongside Chuck Norris facts. I think Hillis received a blood transfusion from Chuck Norris which is the fountain of youth!

Popps
12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Well, if Popps ever decides to stick with his words and not come back until this hits 200 posts

Wow man, you might want to look into some kind of help for this... and I'm not really joking. It sounds like this is affecting your life at this point.

It was called "a joke." That's what normal people do when they're talking about football, at times.

You've spent 300 posts on some kind of psychotic campaign against me because I don't share your opinion and why? Because your (incorrect) belief is that I won't ever change mine. Now, there's some solid logic!

Keep fueling the hatred though, man. I see you've worked a few people here into actually using the word "hate." Now you're telling me in my reps that I "brought it on myslef?" (Clearly I'm losing sleep over it, eh?)

LOL

You're either joking, or an absolute psychopath. We're talking about a sports game here.

Either way, happy holidays... and I hope this all works out for you.

Pony Boy
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
we can start Peyton Hillis alongside Chuck Norris facts. I think Hillis received a blood transfusion from Chuck Norris which is the fountain of youth!

I wish there was a way to clone a player with one half Hills and other half Tebow...... :strong:

Archer81
12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Well, if Popps ever decides to stick with his words and not come back until this hits 200 posts (and probably wont unless he comes in and helps bump it with his easy posts to rebuttal), you are top choice to take over the jester role. Pretty basic, just deny and make things up to make sure your point of Hillis not amounting to much stays intact. The part I highlighted from your posts, please fill us in on that info you obtained. I know McD hasnt been the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but if he could go back and fix this **** up, I am sure he is not only keeping Hillis, but playing him at RB and signing him once the season ended. If not, then he is not only hard hitted but as dumb as those that think this. Chris, guess what camp you are in?

Putting in "probably" makes it conjecture, which makes up 90% of the posts in this thread. If Hillis becoming a HB didnt happen under Shanny when the rb's were healthy what makes you think Mike would have made him a HB in 2009?

For whatever ****ing reason he was not going to start here. That is pretty ****ing obvious. Its not made up or wishful thinking, because clearly that did not happen. The proof is Hillis being in Cleveland.

And if we had a way back machine we would have drafted ED REEEEEEEEEEEED too and avoided signing Dale Carter.

CEH
12-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Putting in "probably" makes it conjecture, which makes up 90% of the posts in this thread. If Hillis becoming a HB didnt happen under Shanny when the rb's were healthy what makes you think Mike would have made him a HB in 2009?

I already posted this but I'll say it again. Mike SHanahan was on the Fan 104.3 the week of the last game against SD 2008 and the question was asked directly by Mike Evans. "Is Peyton Hills the starting running back in 2009?"

His answer was "Peyton Hillis is a running back not a fullback and will complete for the starting running back job next year".

Believe me don't believe me but that came right out of the horses mouth

Anyone who wants to lean on the fact that Hillis was a fullback under Mike Shanahan is misinformed

Gort
12-06-2010, 02:52 PM

http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/horshack.jpg

in 2008, he had 4 good games in a row before getting injured.

@ ATL, OAK, @NYJ, KC

BroncoLifer
12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I wish there was a way to clone a player with one half Hills and other half Tebow...... :strong:

Auburn seems to have done it.

Gort
12-06-2010, 02:57 PM
if Peyton Hillis was a rock-em-sock-em robot and Teddy Brusci was a rock-em-sock-em robot, how high into the stratosphere would Peyton knock Brusci's head on the first punch?

a) 1 mile
b) 100 miles
c) there is no known unit large enough to measure this distance
d) this is a trick question. Teddy Brusci would cower in the corner in fear for his life before ever facing Peyton Hillis on the field or anywhere else.

OABB
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
This thread is as lame as neckponynation now. Just endless nothingness.

TotallyScrewed
12-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Well, If I get a wish (and it has to be a football player) I'm wishing for a clone of TD (90%) and Riggins (10%). Give me TD's talent and Riggins longevity.

bowtown
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Well, If I get a wish (and it has to be a football player) I'm wishing for a clone of TD (90%) and Riggins (10%). Give me TD's talent and Riggins longevity.

Riggins reminds me of Peyton Hillis.

Inkana7
12-06-2010, 03:51 PM
http://www.pbpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/horshack.jpg

in 2008, he had 4 good games in a row before getting injured.

@ ATL, OAK, @NYJ, KC

He was ok against ATL, sucked against OAK, did well against NYJ, and did well against KC before Cutler hung him out to dry.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2010, 03:55 PM
I already posted this but I'll say it again. Mike SHanahan was on the Fan 104.3 the week of the last game against SD 2008 and the question was asked directly by Mike Evans. "Is Peyton Hills the starting running back in 2009?"

His answer was "Peyton Hillis is a running back not a fullback and will complete for the starting running back job next year".

Anyone who wants to lean on the fact that Hillis was a fullback under Mike Shanahan is misinformed

This post deserves a weekly quote :sunshine:

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
So Bowtown, how long do you want to wait before paying up?

strafen
12-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Bwhahahaha!!!!
That's what happened when you make bets while wearing orange-colored glasses.

Epic! ROFL!Ha!LOL

bowtown
12-06-2010, 05:22 PM

I won't wait, since it's unlikely that McDaniels gets another HC job for at least a couple of years. But if he eventually does and outlasts Hillis' career, then I expect you to level.

Give me until January so I can use it as a write off next year. I'd say bookmark this thread, but I have a feeling it won't be hard to find.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Justice is served..Mcd is fired..

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Hardly. Dude gets millions of dollars to come in here and rip up the franchise. Sad.

Requiem
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
The franchise blew before he got here.

Pony Boy
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I won't wait, since it's unlikely that McDaniels gets another HC job for at least a couple of years. But if he eventually does and outlasts Hillis' career, then I expect you to level.

Give me until January so I can use it as a write off next year. I'd say bookmark this thread, but I have a feeling it won't be hard to find.

Hilarious!....a couple of years....ROFL! How about a couple of decades or never

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Dear Falls Creek Fingerbangers,

I would like to present you a 200 dollar check courtesy of Bowtown on behalf of the greatest coach to be shiatcanned within two seasons. Thanks for the awesome memories of "church camp."

Your pal,

Doc B

broncocalijohn
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
The franchise blew before he got here.

franchise was average before he got here. With a lot of tinkering, he made the franchise "blow".

Dedhed
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
franchise was average before he got here. Average and stagnant. YAY!

BTW, for anyone paying attention Moreno has been more productive than Hillis since we got our starting OL in place.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Average and stagnant.

BTW, for anyone paying attention Moreno has been more productive than Hillis since we got our starting OL in place.

Yippee!

He just needs to play the Cheaps every week.

Archer81
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM

That I did not know.

But I suppose none of it matters anymore, does it?

Dedhed
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Yippee!

He just needs to play the Cheaps every week.

The Chiefs have the 12th ranked rushing defense in the league. The only reason it's even close is because Hillis put up 130 against the mighty Carolina Panthers.

BleedingOrange
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
The Chiefs were concentrating on stopping the pass. The Dolphins were selling out to stop Hillis.....big difference.

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Average and stagnant. YAY!

Average, and now we're bottom tier. He was a mistake, but keep rooting for him, I'm sure they'll be glad to have you at the Patriots boards.

loborugger
12-07-2010, 11:38 AM
This thread made it all the way down to page 4 with the Mcd firing...

bump

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Bowtown: Here is the link (https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=13522&pID=18290&fnl=FaceSuperNav) for my actual charity of choice.

I'll pay up if indicated when that happens.

bowtown
12-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Bowtown: Here is the link (https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=13522&pID=18290&fnl=FaceSuperNav) for my actual charity of choice.

I'll pay up if indicated when that happens.

Got it, it's marked on my calendar for the first week in January. I'll drop you a line when it's paid.

strafen
12-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Got it, it's marked on my calendar for the first week in January. I'll drop you a line when it's paid.
Thank you for being forthright about it!

Gutless Drunk
12-07-2010, 04:20 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14398745/cleveland-receives-stolen-goods-in-new-hero-hillis

Cleveland receives stolen goods in new hero Hillis

By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Dec. 7, 2010

If they're going to throw a farewell party for Josh McDaniels, I suggest they do it in Cleveland. Nobody should be more grateful for what McDaniels accomplished in Denver than the Cleveland Browns -- and if you're not sure why then you haven't been following Peyton Hillis.

Hillis is not just the best back and best player on the Browns. He's one of the best backs and one of the best players in the NFL.

He runs. He catches. He blocks. He scores touchdowns. Lots and lots of touchdowns. He's tough. He's durable. He's charismatic. Teammates love him. Coaches love him. Fans adore him.

"He's beloved," said Browns' general manager Tom Heckert. "He's the kind of guy the city should embrace. Obviously, we're glad we have him."

And that's where McDaniels comes in. Because the Cleveland Browns wouldn't have Peyton Hillis if the former Denver coach wasn't so willing to get rid of him. According to league sources, McDaniels had been interested in trading Hillis for nearly a year before he agreed to a deal with Cleveland that now seems so lopsided you wonder if McDaniels is descended from Harry Frazee.

I mean, Peyton Hillis and two draft picks for ... Brady Quinn? Please. Yet that's precisely the trade McDaniels OK'd last March, shortly after Mike Holmgren took over as the Browns' president.

What makes the deal so compelling is that Cleveland had decided it was finished with Quinn. In fact, it shopped him for weeks with no one interested and was this close to waiving the guy until McDaniels came to the rescue. He expressed interest in Quinn before, so the Browns figured they'd check with him again before cutting Quinn loose.

They discovered that not only was McDaniels still intrigued by Quinn but was willing to offer the Browns the running back they coveted. That was Hillis, who'd come to coach Eric Mangini's attention when Hillis played against Mangini's New York Jets in 2008 and ran for a then-career-high 129 yards and a touchdown.

Mangini liked everything about the guy and made a mental note then to track him if he ever became available. But he wasn't alone. When Heckert was the GM in Philadelphia, he was on to Hillis, too, figuring he'd be a perfect fit for the Eagles.

Of course, nothing ever happened until the Browns put Quinn on the market, and then it happened in a hurry. Once Denver was interested, it was easy for Mangini and Heckert to zero in on a target, with both agreeing that Hillis could improve the Browns with his running, his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and his toughness.

But they didn't stop there. Instead, they somehow convinced Denver to throw in two draft picks -- a sixth-rounder in 2010 and an undetermined 2011 choice that probably becomes another sixth -- to sweeten a deal that, frankly, helped make both clubs what they are today.

In Quinn, McDaniels thought he was getting a future starter. Instead, he's the team's third-stringer and hasn't played a down this season. In Hillis, the Browns knew what they were getting, and what you see today is the product of a club that did its homework.

"He's changed things here," said Mangini. "When he's rolling, and we're rolling it's a beautiful thing."

Mangini is right. Hillis has changed things. The Browns may not be the most entertaining or most talented club on the planet, but they're tough, effective and a difficult out. In short, they're a reflection of their running back. They drew the league's toughest schedule, yet never backed down -- playing opponents so hard and close that six of their games, including the last three, each were decided by four or fewer points.

They blew out defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans. They buried New England. They took the Jets to overtime. They could have beaten Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Baltimore and Kansas City. They should've beaten Jacksonville. Cleveland rocks, and nobody is rocking the Browns ... and their fans ... like Peyton Hillis. He leads the team in rushing, leads the team in catches, has nearly twice as many touchdowns (13) as the Browns' leading scorer a year ago (7) and has more scores than any running back in the NFL outside of Houston's Arian Foster (15).

But that's just the beginning, people. He's the only Browns' back outside of Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly to rush for 11 TDs in one year -- and the first since Kelly did it in 1968. He has a touchdown in all but two games. He's tied for the league lead in third-and-one conversions with a perfect 9-for-9. He ranks second among running backs in receptions with 53. He's fourth in first downs and fifth in total yardage, and his 1,398 yards in offense comprise 38.1 percent of the Browns' output.

"He has a ton of touchdowns," said Mangini, "and some of them have been blocked. But there have been others where he just willed his way into the end zone. He's added toughness around here that's contagious. Guys 'ooh' and 'ah' when they watch some of those plays, and it sets a tempo."

Hillis is relentless, running over and through anyone who gets in his way, and he's so reliable, so dependable, so, well, indispensable, that when the Browns were trying to close out New England early last month they called on Hillis. Ahead by 13 points with just over six minutes to go, Cleveland ran him every play of its game-clinching drive. Hillis responded by carrying six times for 60 yards, punctuating the series with a 35-yard TD.

"He's the real deal," said Heckert.

Too bad McDaniels didn't get the memo. Losing Peyton Hillis didn't cost him his job, but it helped to build the case against him. I can't imagine where the Broncos would be with Peyton Hillis, but I do know where Cleveland would be without him -- and here's to Eric Mangini and Tom Heckert for making sure that didn't happen.

~Crash~
12-07-2010, 04:26 PM
that just makes me sick to my stomach

El Guapo
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.club3g.com/forum/images/smilies/puke.gif

~Crash~
12-07-2010, 04:30 PM
On the razorbacks he would almost always make fist downs even if it was 3rd and 12 he would pick up 13... then he started doing the same thing for the broncos.....

cabronco
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I just puked half way thru that F-N article !!

F U McD !! The only person that wasn't smart enough, or tough enough, was your weak azz . Grin ear to ear on your way out, you look like a character from dumb & dumber, in more ways than one.

Pony Boy
12-07-2010, 04:40 PM
He runs. He catches. He blocks. He scores touchdowns. Lots and lots of touchdowns. He's tough. He's durable. He's charismatic. Teammates love him. Coaches love him. Fans adore him.

Well that says it all, I could kick McD right in the nuts.....

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
I got pissed reading at that article..
It's amazing that some posters still think Mcd can become a good coach..
**** you Mcd.you ruined the team..GO TO HELL..

He ruined the franchise and some fans are feeling sorry for him..
**** you MCD Lover's..

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Well that says it all, I could kick McD right in the nuts.....

Who cares? Shanahan had to start 6 guys before him and he would have been a fullback. McD has the smarts to see he wouldnt fit in our system. Hillis is just too dumb. Hasnt this been some of the comebacks of the Hillis haters/McD lovers? You can go back in this long thread and see some much failure. The idiot who couldnt see what Hillis does to opposing players is now punished for one of many bad decisions, physically and mentally.

strafen
12-07-2010, 06:13 PM

Well that says it all, I could kick McD right in the nuts.....but, bu, but he couldn't block!!!

Yeah, this makes me sick how this mother****er idiot let Hillis go for a player Cleveland was going to release anyways. And gave Cleveland picks to make sure it the deal reached epic failure status.

strafen
12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
Who cares? Shanahan had to start 6 guys before him and he would have been a fullback. McD has the smarts to see he wouldnt fit in our system. Hillis is just too dumb. Hasnt this been some of the comebacks of the Hillis haters/McD lovers? You can go back in this long thread and see some much failure. The idiot who couldnt see what Hillis does to opposing players is now punished for one of many bad decisions, physically and mentally.Plus he ****ed up on special teams! :~ohyah!:

cabronco
12-07-2010, 07:02 PM
but, bu, but he couldn't block!!!

Yeah, this makes me sick how this mother****er idiot let Hillis go for a player Cleveland was going to release anyways. And gave Cleveland picks to make sure it the deal reached epic failure status.

Bowlen prolly got tired of hearing espn highlights, and the Broncos got throttled by the *******, meanwhile Hillis with yet another epic day of rushing and 3 TD's. Not to mention the Broncos W/L record.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
This thread has been epic, and should go into the ROF at some point after the shiatstorm blows over.

My issue has always been with the guy in charge who couldn't find a way to use a guy as obviously talented as Hillis. Knowing your head coach is the kind of guy who sees Hillis as a problem was really hard to stomach. I think we've seen the conclusion that story. Problem solved from my point of view. Plus, I got to raise a little money for a good cause. I'm checking out of this epic thread until sufficient time passes that I can come back with only thoughts of aloha. Peace out, biatches.

strafen
12-07-2010, 07:08 PM
This thread has been epic, and should go into the ROF at some point after the shiatstorm blows over.

My issue has always been with the guy in charge who couldn't find a way to use a guy as obviously talented as Hillis. Knowing your head coach is the kind of guy who sees Hillis as a problem was really hard to stomach. I think we've seen the conclusion that story. Problem solved from my point of view. Plus, I got to raise a little money for a good cause. I'm checking out of this epic thread until sufficient time passes that I can come back with only thoughts of aloha. Peace out, biatches.Right on, Doc! ^5

loborugger
12-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Page 2 bump

strafen
12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Page 2 bump
Stop being an idiot.
Post something meaningful if you want to say something...

Shoemaker
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Stop being an idiot.

Oh, the irony.

If you actually followed this rule you'd have about 300 posts.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Stop being an idiot.

This should be the next read on your book club list:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51z94d0N2hL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

strafen
12-08-2010, 10:56 AM
This should be the next read on your book club list:

Thanks for paying the 200 bucks.
Let me know if you have anything you want to bet on... :thumbsup::welcome:

I bet I've said more meaningful things than you have.
Unless crying and moaning is meaningful to you...

strafen
12-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Oh, the irony.

If you actually followed this rule you'd have about 300 posts.And you've probably had 2 posts maybe?
Because the majority of them were probably posted crying about the McDaniels firing this week, no? :thumbsup:

bowtown
12-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks for paying the 200 bucks.
Let me know if you have anything you want to bet on... :thumbsup::welcome:

I bet I've said more meaningful things than you have.
Unless crying and moaning is meaningful to you...

I'd take that bet, but I only gamble with people I respect. Stop acting like you had anything to do with my deal with the Doc.

Shoemaker
12-08-2010, 11:11 AM
And you've probably had 2 posts maybe?
Because the majority of them were probably posted crying about the McDaniels firing this week, no? :thumbsup:

Well, considering I haven't made a single post crying about the McDaniels firing, I'm gonna have to say no.

But you keep doing what you do. You add so much to this place. I was just commenting on the delicious irony of you, dragster, telling somebody not to post unless they have something important to say.

strafen
12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
I'd take that bet, but I only gamble with people I respect. Stop acting like you had anything to do with my deal with the Doc.I didn't have anything to do with it.
it was you being overzealous about McDaniels, and you've paid for it.
that's a trait of a moron if you asked me.
PM me if you want to discuss this any furter, otherwise stop polluting threads with your personal attacks :thumbsup:

strafen
12-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Well, considering I haven't made a single post crying about the McDaniels firing, I'm gonna have to say no.

But you keep doing what you do. You add so much to this place. I was just commenting on the delicious irony of you, dragster, telling somebody not to post unless they have something important to say.

PM me if you want to continue bitching.
Otherwise, move on and quit getting involved in other people's business. :thumbsup:

Br0nc0Buster
12-08-2010, 11:39 AM
I wonder if Peyton knows there are sad and lonely fans that constantly think about him all day?

would be quite a compliment I think

broncocalijohn
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh, the irony.

If you actually followed this rule you'd have about 300 posts.

I knew someone would be stating this. First post after his was not a surprise too. I just wish go_broncos said it as it really would have stuck. Not sure how much we will see him post anymore since he cant say, "Fire McDummy, he sucks!"

Homer Simpson
12-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Browns fans must read this and piss their pants laughing at the patheticness...

broncocalijohn
12-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Browns fans must read this and piss their pants laughing at the patheticness...

Yes, laughing at guys that try to defend trading him and trying to point out that his yardage was mostly smoke and mirrors. Thank God many of us here knew what Hillis could do on the field.

Homer Simpson
12-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Yes, laughing at guys that try to defend trading him and trying to point out that his yardage was mostly smoke and mirrors. Thank God many of us here knew what Hillis could do on the field.

After a hundred and 30 or so pages both sides kinda look silly...

BroncoBuff
12-08-2010, 04:05 PM
Thank God many of us here knew what Hillis could do on the field.

We knew ... but we were shouted down.

Funny thing is, I think the shouters knew too. They just didn't want to believe it.

errand
12-08-2010, 04:11 PM

..almost as much as when we could have drafted Ed Reed.

errand
12-08-2010, 04:25 PM
As I've said, it was a bad trade, but why do we keep on rehashing this? Beating the proverbial dead horse. What is done is done. I think we all agree that Hillis and Moreno here would be excellent, but that isn't happening. Very unfortunate, but lets not act like Hillis would be doing what here what he is in Cleveland.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, there are quite a few on here that would rather see the Broncos lose without Hillis than win without him

WolfpackGuy
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Brady Quinn made it all worthwhile.

Surprised McUnemployed didn't have him riding shotgun on the way out the other night.

errand
12-08-2010, 04:28 PM
We knew ... but we were shouted down.

Funny thing is, I think the shouters knew too. They just didn't want to believe it.

This is where you're wrong. read the initial post of this thread....Popps said he liked Hillis, and said that he too thought he could produce in the NFL....all he did was give food for thought as to why hillis wasn't seeing the field

go_broncos
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Mcd sucks..Get over it and he is fired now..
Mcd lovers - Start supporting new coach and don't be a troll..

colonelbeef
12-08-2010, 04:41 PM
This is where you're wrong. read the initial post of this thread....Popps said he liked Hillis, and said that he too thought he could produce in the NFL....all he did was give food for thought as to why hillis wasn't seeing the field

And the second he was gone he made hyperbolic excuses as to why McDaniels traded him.

Missouribronc
12-08-2010, 09:38 PM
XAnd the second he was gone he made hyperbolic excuses as to why McDaniels traded him.

There were zero signs Hillis would do what he did.

Hell, even in Cleveland he was close to being cut, as the fourth string back.

Olandis Gary had one hell of a season too. Quite frankly, Gary's was better.

McDaniels did some stupid ****, but trading a 4th string running back for a backup quarterback isn't one of them. Especially considering how much you ****ing idiots hated Chris Simms.

vercingetorix
12-08-2010, 09:40 PM
X

McDaniels did some stupid ****, but trading a 4th string running back for a backup quarterback isn't one of them. Especially considering how much you ****ing idiots hated Chris Simms.

LOL. Yeah, thats why he was a massive fan favorite. Grab a clue.

Dagmar
12-08-2010, 09:44 PM
X

Dude, stop. It's over. Please.

strafen
12-08-2010, 09:46 PM
X

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSjDe0WDuCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cSjDe0WDuCg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

go_broncos
12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
X

:spit:

broncocalijohn
12-08-2010, 10:26 PM
X

LOL! There are some here that have learned that going against Hillis at this point is not only dumb but falls on deaf ears. Not mine! I love the McD morons who will find anything (and I mean anything) to protect their boy. Of all the things you can choose to protect your love of McD, why would you choose a stud like Hillis? Yes, many thought Hillis would be good. He proved it as a running back. Why not refresh your cloudy brain and go back to his video that shows his great runs and catches and all before that KC game. I dont give out neg reps much as you really have to earn it. Sir, congrats on earning it.

BTW, Gary 1999 stats: 12 games, 276 ATT, 1159 yards, 7TDs, 4.2 average, 96.6 ypg--21 rec, 159 yards, 0 TDs
P. Hillis 2010 stats: 12 games, 217 ATT, 962 yards, 11 TDs, 4.4 average,
80.1 ypg--53 rec, 436 yards, 2 TDs.

Now there Missouri, who would you rather have as your back? do yourself a favor and fight off the urge to make yourself more of an ass and say Gary)

JJJ
12-08-2010, 11:31 PM
X

Ha!

Dude that is just utter nonsense. Anyone with even an ounce of football knowledge could see he was a beast and a special kind of player.

Everydown back special? Maybe he surprised even his biggest supporters with play in Cleveland. But especially in a pass first offense he is a deadly guy to have in the backfield as he gives so many options for the QB.

As a Bolt fan I said many times while he was playing that he was the guy on your team that worried me the most and I would trade our FB Hester for him anyday of the week. And I was completely dumbfounded when you had this guy sitting on the bench and didn't use him. Unbelievably stupid.

This was not a diamond in the rough, this was a guy who it was clear was as tough as diamonds anytime he stepped on the field.

Requiem
12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, the whole four games he played before he ripped his weenus. Boy he was incredible in Denver!

Taco John
12-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, the whole four games he played before he ripped his weenus. Boy he was incredible in Denver!

Indeed. He was incredible. A force on the field. I started out skeptical, but by the end of the season, it was clear to me that Hillis was special.

Bronco Yoda
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
X

Do you get to watch Bronco games out there? Don't they have the NFL package out there?

tnedator
12-09-2010, 06:44 AM

The myth that the Hilis bashers/McDaniels apologists use is that the Browns have one of the greatest lines of all time, and Hillis is running through Panama canal sized holes. The truth is far different.

I read an article a few weeks ago that were detailing some of his stats, along with discussing the line itself (including some Football Outsiders stats). Discussing the yards after contact. How he's running against 8-9 in the box, etc.

Since I like Hillis, I have watched just about all of their games, so I'm not just looking at stats or watching highlight reels. The fact is that nobody else on that team has been able to run hog wild behind this supposedly All Pro line, but for Hillis. Why is that? If the line is so, so dominant, why can't any other back on their team have even moderate success? Exactly.

tnedator
12-09-2010, 06:50 AM
X

MB, this is utter horse ****.

First, Hilli was no where near getting cut.

Second, the week Cleveland traded for Hillis, he told the press that he would be in the mix for carries. He called Hillis and told him that he would be given a shot to get carries.

Manginin was head coad of the Jets in '08 when Hillis punished them, running for 130 yards (6 YPC) and a TD. Mangini said having seen Hillis, when he had an opportunity to get him, he jumped on it.

This is equivalent to "all McDaniels did was pick up the phone and say 'no'".

Shouldn't just make **** up to make your points.

WolfpackGuy
12-09-2010, 07:00 AM
He put a 100 yard receiving game the week before, but I was convinced when he picked up that game saving 4th down in Cleveland in 2008.

strafen
12-09-2010, 07:05 AM
MB, this is utter horse ****.

First, Hilli was no where near getting cut.

Second, the week Cleveland traded for Hillis, he told the press that he would be in the mix for carries. He called Hillis and told him that he would be given a shot to get carries.

Manginin was head coad of the Jets in '08 when Hillis punished them, running for 130 yards (6 YPC) and a TD. Mangini said having seen Hillis, when he had an opportunity to get him, he jumped on it.

This is equivalent to "all McDaniels did was pick up the phone and say 'no'".

Shouldn't just make **** up to make your points.MN lost credibility here.
I can't believe he said Hillis was close to being cut.
What an asshole!

Kaylore
12-09-2010, 07:13 AM
129 pages of Hillis. This is approaching Cutler obsession.

Shoemaker
12-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Mcd sucks..Get over it and he is fired now..
Mcd lovers - Start supporting new coach and don't be a troll..

Oh my God, this is a serious post.

go_broncos, telling everybody on the Orange Mane support the coach and not troll.

The irony is just incredible.

tnedator
12-09-2010, 07:25 AM

I know, I keep looking for the 100+ page "we miss Lamont Jordan" thread. I think that it's a crime against humanity that a talent like Jordan was let go...

HILife
12-09-2010, 07:34 AM

WE NEED MORE HILLIS THREADS!!! please.

Dagmar
12-09-2010, 07:44 AM
PeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPe ytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeyt onHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeyton HillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHi llisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHill isPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillis PeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPe ytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeyt onHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeyton HillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHi llisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHill isPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillisPeytonHillis PeytonHillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHe ytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeyt onPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeyton PillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPi llisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPill isHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillis HeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHe ytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeyt onPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeyton PillisHeytonPillisHeytonPillisHeytonPeytonHeytonPe ytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeyt onHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeyton HeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHe ytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeyt onPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeyton PeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPe ytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeytonHeytonPeyt onHeytonPeytonHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPi llisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPill isHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPi llisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPill isHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPi llisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPill isHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPi llisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPill isHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPi llisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPill isHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis HillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHi llisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHill isPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillis PillisHillisPillisHillisPillisHillisPillis
http://www.deskpicture.com/DPs/Miscellaneous/kaboom.jpg

bowtown
12-09-2010, 07:50 AM
/thread over.

zdoor
12-09-2010, 08:21 AM

It keeps going on because the trade keeps getting defended... I agree it should die. It's over and it was a bad trade.

Dagmar
12-09-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.flashasylum.com/db/files/Comics/Dave/comichitlerhadtherightidea1.png

strafen
12-09-2010, 09:38 AM
So, we've heard speculation from a few corners that he's had issues with coaching, or picking up the playbook. Being someone who thought he had starter written all over him, I found that tough to believe. But, I read it in a few places... and then even received a PM from what seemed a reliable source with no reason to make anything up. I didn't discredit the info, but didn't buy into it completely, either.

Yet, two offensive masterminds chose not to make him a starter, despite what looks like good physical tools.

So, after these rumors persisted, I googled a bit and came across this. Apparently, something called a "SIGMA" test, which is part of an "HRT Profile" that I'm guessing scouts use, which cites Wonderlic info, etc.

Again, I think Hillis has the physical tools to be productive, but this was an interesting read, if for no other reason... the detail it includes.

It's a PDF download. Find it by googling "Hillis SIGMA." I'm guessing this probably wasn't meant for public consumption so much as for some sort of scouting use. It doesn't sound like it's written for commercial consumption.

Hillis’s SIGMA test results raise several concerns. The approach he took to learning and preparation in college produced a personal belief that he was not able to consistently execute his responsibilities in games. There are strong indications that he needs to take more personal responsibility for learning what he needs to know. His coaches should make him execute, again and again, his responsibilities in game-like time constraints. During the off-season, pre-season, and practice, he will sometimes give less than his best effort and will let up when he sees an opportunity to do so. As a result, Hillis has not always been able to meet the challenges placed in front of him by his coaches. There were times when Hillis thought he came up short of meeting his own and his coaches’ expectations. He will be concerned about the kind of system he may be placed in and whether he can be successful and meet everyone’s requirements and demands. Hillis will tend to worry that he is not as prepared as he should be going into games. This self-doubt does not speak well for his chances of advancing and mastering his position requirements at the next level. Hillis is usually content to rely heavily on his natural abilities to get by and believes that his past coaches have had little impact on his performance. He thinks that he knows best and is less likely to listen to coaches’ advice and instructions and instead will try to play the game his own way. When things are not going well for him, Hillis will be openly critical and question his coaches and his teammates.

Do with it what you will, but it's interesting... considering the rumors and the circumstances.
Bump

tnedator
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Bump

Hillis third in AFC Pro Bowl balloting....

Bump

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Hillis third in AFC Pro Bowl balloting....

Bump

Watch next year when Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis are all in the pro bowl while we average 20 ppg coming off of a 4 win year and McDaniels being fired

lulz

tnedator
12-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Watch next year when Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis are all in the pro bowl while we average 20 ppg coming off of a 4 win year and McDaniels being fired

lulz

Yea, but Popps proved that Hillis wasn't smart enough to run for 1,400 yards and score 15 TDs in McDaniels offense.

Oh, wait.....

Dedhed
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM

lulz

I'll bet a month long ban for each of the following in 2011 (assuming there's a season):

Moreno outrushes Hillis
Moreno puts up more all purpose yards than Hillis
Thomas catches more TDs than Marshall
Culter doesn't make the Pro Bowl
Cutler doesn't lead his team to the playoffs

tnedator
12-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I'll bet a month long ban for each of the following in 2011 (assuming there's a season):

Moreno outrushes Hillis

Preserving for posterity.

JJJ
12-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Flashes of briiliance before he gets hurt. Plowing guys over like I haven't seen in decades and catching the ball like a wideout. Not given a chance to do it again after he recovers. Goes someone else and rips it up.

If the coaching staff can't figure out after those games he did play and after being able to look at him everyday in practice that this guy has the stuff to play in the NFL at a high level I submit to you that they are stupid coaches.

colonelbeef
12-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Moreno outrushes Hillis

definitely go for 2011, because if this bet was taking place this year, you'd be banned for 5 months

BroncoBuff
12-10-2010, 04:32 AM

Moreno outrushes Hillis

You sound bitter. The first three, bad bad odds for you. The two about Cutler I can see though. And be honest, have you seen Hillis this year? I just read where defenses are having to plan for Hillis, that the Dolphins put a 'spy' on him.

Watch next year when Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis are all in the pro bowl while we average 20 ppg coming off of a 4 win year and McDaniels being fired.
No no, don't ... please don't. Haven't we had enough pain?

BroncoBuff
12-10-2010, 04:36 AM

Moreno outrushes Hillis
You sound bitter. The first three, bad bad odds for you. The two about Cutler I can see though. And be honest, have you seen Hillis this year? I just read that defenses are now game-planning for Hillis, that the Dolphins put a 'spy' on him last week.

Watch next year when Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis are all in the pro bowl while we average 20 ppg coming off of a 4 win year and McDaniels being fired.
No no, don't ... please don't. Haven't we had enough pain?

BroncoDoug
12-10-2010, 03:41 PM
38 more yards and Hillis becomes the first white running back since 1985 (craig James) to gain 1000 yds rushing

FantomForce
12-10-2010, 03:49 PM
38 more yards and Hillis becomes the first white running back since 1985 (craig James) to gain 1000 yds rushing

wonder if we could bring him back

worm
12-10-2010, 03:52 PM

wonder if we could bring him back

Craig James is too old...plus there is no more reason to get exPatriot players with McD gone. :sunshine:

Pony Boy
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
38 more yards and hillis becomes the first white running back since 1985 (craig james) to gain 1000 yds rushing

yeee haaa

FantomForce
12-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Rofl!yeee haaa

vancejohnson82
12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
definitely go for 2011, because if this bet was taking place this year, you'd be banned for 5 months

har, har...if this bet took place 5 years ago everyone would be banned

you're an assclown

colonelbeef
12-10-2010, 07:42 PM
har, har...if this bet took place 5 years ago everyone would be banned

you're an assclown

derp

I thoroughly enjoy it when I get on a McMoron's nerves

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Browns are only 5-7, Hillis sucks

~Crash~
12-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Br 0nc 0 Buster stands for brilliant:sunshine:

Br0nc0Buster
12-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Br 0nc 0 Buster stands for brilliant:sunshine:

indeed Im glad someone noticed

it was a reference though to the "props to Moreno" thread that was quickly trolled by people bringing up our record whenever someone had the audacity to compliment Knowshon

Browns are 5-7, ergo Hillis is a garbage

go_broncos
12-10-2010, 09:20 PM
indeed Im glad someone noticed

it was a reference though to the "props to Moreno" thread that was quickly trolled by people bringing up our record whenever someone had the audacity to compliment Knowshon

Browns are 5-7, ergo Hillis is a garbage

Are you Mcd fan...ROFL!

Missouribronc
12-10-2010, 09:36 PM
If Denver had Hillis, they would be 12-0.

tnedator
12-10-2010, 11:04 PM

Broncos are 3-9, Champ, Orton, Clady, DJ, Moreno Suck....

tnedator
12-10-2010, 11:05 PM
If Denver had Hillis, they would be 12-0.

If Broncos had Cutler (you know, McDaniels -- the fired guy -- didn't just take the call and say know) was still here, along with Marshall, Scheffler and Hillis, even with McDaniels incompetence, the Broncos would be closer to 12-0 than 3-9.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Broncos are 3-9, Champ, Orton, Clady, DJ, Moreno Suck....

Sorry take two name off that. Clady and Champ don't belong on that list.

tnedator
12-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Sorry take two name off that. Clady and Champ don't belong on that list.

Just pointing out the asinine argument that ShowmeBronco made --- not that I'm sure you're surprised by his 'arguments' at this point.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Just pointing out the asinine argument that ShowmeBronco made --- not that I'm sure you're surprised by his 'arguments' at this point.

I know. MY OCD kicked in and I don't want to jinx those two at all.