Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

WolfpackGuy
11-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Already up to 500 pages for me...

(@ 5 posts per page...)

LOL

bpc
11-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Doesn't matter what he did in Denver, if it did then you'd have b****ed about Portis running for 1300 yards a year in DC while we had the likes of Selvyn Young and Peyton Hillis leading our team in rushing and Champ Bailey anchored a secondary that got raped by Peyton Manning in the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

I wish all former Broncos well when they exit the Rocky mountains.....but i don't whine like a little b**** because they put together a decent year or two somewhere else. Here's a thing...why don't you applaud all the imports on the Broncos roster that are doing well like Orton, Gaffney and Lloyd instead of whining about what the exports are doing?

Is this a Orton, Gaff, Lloyd thread? Cause I thought it was a Peyton Hillis thread.

BTW, what makes your fan-police ass have to question why another fan is pissed that we ditched a play-maker that could be helping this franchise? WE HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING OUR FO and BOY-WONDER HEAD-COACH DO?

Here's a tid-bit for you, SHUT THE **** UP. If you don't want to talk about Hillis, go to another thread. It's pretty simple, yet hard for you to comprehend. Shocking.

tnedator
11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Hillis with a strong 2.8 YPC today. Awesome.

Glad he is the only receiving threat the Browns have though. Must be real tough catching safety valve passes out of the backfield when their offensive starters at wide receiver consist of Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder.

Must be real tough to be the only rushing thread and only receiving threat. When you are THE guy the defense keys on, hard to have consistant production.

WolfpackGuy
11-21-2010, 02:22 PM
JAX held him in check on the the ground, but 6 catches for 95 yards with a touch is pretty damn good for a white running back!

bpc
11-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Must be real tough to be the only rushing thread and only receiving threat. When you are THE guy the defense keys on, hard to have consistant production.

Don't expect Req to understand simple football concepts. He's never played a down of football in his life. Typical arm-chair QB throwing out a base-less post. You just have to laugh at these types of idiots.

Requiem
11-21-2010, 02:32 PM

The Browns are an abysmal team. They are talent laden at almost every skill position on the offensive side of the ball. He ought to have production when that is the case. That is what happens when an offense doesn't have balance. Things like that are going to be skewed.

As far as keying in on Hillis, that would be quite an argument to have. I think it is clear as day what the defensive coordinators against the Browns are trying to force them to do.

Popps
11-21-2010, 02:34 PM
I think go broncos b****es in this thread more to scream at McDaniels than to praise Hillis.

Wow, ya think?

Popps
11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Don't expect Req to understand simple football concepts. He's never played a down of football in his life. Typical arm-chair QB throwing out a base-less post. You just have to laugh at these types of idiots.

HEEEEEEEEY! BPC showed up!!!

WOW!

Nice to see you, BPC. You've been really active, spamming the boards after our losses this year, but you were nowhere to be found last Sunday. What a surprise?

Welcome back. Let's hope for another Bronco win this Monday so your poser, pseudo-fan ass disappears again.

Requiem
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM

There was nothing off base about the post. The Browns don't have any good receivers on their offense, thus Hillis becomes the main target in their passing game. The targets his way and statistics back that up.

Secondly, yes, I have played competitive football and played multiple downs. Defensive back on one side, running back on the other. Wasn't that great though, I was a much better baseball player.

For all the time and effort you put into football, where did it get you professionally in that route? Absolutely nowhere. You weren't good enough to go pro and obviously were not of superior quality to be considered highly for any relevant talent and scouting position regarding football.

Talk about a waste of time and effort.

Popps
11-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Remember, folks... BPC promised us Cutler was a "franchise" QB.

Just keep that in mind with every word he types.

Oh, he also said Orton was ****.

He's smart.

misturanderson
11-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, if Popps keeps making excuses for McD, the reactions will hit. If Hillis scores a TD, Go Broncos will comment. This has turned into a debate on not only Hillis but McD so with half the season over, possible 70 more pages by February (when he makes the Pro Bowl, it might hit 200!).

There are at least 4 AFC RBs that deserve a pro-bowl nod over Hillis. I sure hope he doesn't get in for the sake of fairness.

Popps
11-21-2010, 02:38 PM
There was nothing off base about the post. The Browns don't have any good receivers on their offense, thus Hillis becomes the main target in their passing game. The targets his way and statistics back that up.

Secondly, yes, I have played competitive football and played multiple downs. Defensive back on one side, running back on the other. Wasn't that great though, I was a much better baseball player.

For all the time and effort you put into football, where did it get you professionally in that route? Absolutely nowhere. You weren't good enough to go pro and obviously were not of superior quality to be considered highly for any relevant talent and scouting position regarding football.

Hillis is their entire offense. Great if you're a fantasy owner. Not so great if you're a Browns fan.

BPC is a troll, plain and simple. He hates this team... rooted for the Bears, then flipped into a Skins fan. He'll be something else next year. A poser is a poser.

Requiem
11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I found a Washington Redskins helmet sticker in a parking lot a few weeks ago.

misturanderson
11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I just love how the 8th best RB in the AFC is worth this much complaining. Thank God we didn't trade away Arian Foster, CJ, LT, Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice or Rashard Mendenhall (in no particular order).

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I just love how the 8th best RB in the AFC is worth this much complaining. Thank God we didn't trade away Arian Foster, CJ, LT, Jamaal Charles, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice or Rashard Mendenhall (in no particular order).

Do you know where we rank in rushing yards as a team?
The Running backs you mentioned were not in the team to begin with.

Just keep believing that Mcd is the answer..

Homer Simpson
11-21-2010, 03:44 PM

http://www.inquisitr.com/wp-content/cry-baby.jpg

Drek
11-21-2010, 04:14 PM

Hillis just had a 2.3 YPC against a defense that Moreno, with our ****ty OL, had a 4.0 YPC against.

I thought a 2.3 YPC meant you were absolute trash. Thats what everyone told us about Maroney. Horrible move because he had a 2.X YPC. Hillis does it and happens to be the only guy who can catch on his team so he's superman.

I'm actually a big fan of Peyton Hillis. He's a passionate, old school football player when in the right situation. I loved that we drafted him and hoped Shanahan would have given him a real shot to start here. If Shanahan had done that earlier before going through a half dozen other RBs he'd probably still be the coach here. But when McDaniels came in Hillis showed no ability to pick up the offense. An offense that wanted to use him as a dual running/receiving threat. He did nothing with early opportunities in '09. It was clear that the Denver Broncos could not offer the right situation for him to succeed. At that point he was given an opportunity to go somewhere else and possibly find his niche. Just so happens he has.

Lets be honest though, all the b****ing about trading Hillis is 99% a product of angst stemming from McDaniels hitting home runs on trading Cutler and Marshall. To this point he's clearly won both of his major trades, the trades so many here claimed where him "tearing the team apart". So since you can't b**** about trading Cutler anymore the last remaining thing to b**** about is trading Hillis.

I'm done with this thread though. I actually like how Hillis plays football and I'm happy for him that he's found a place where he can show off his athletic talents. Arguing over the reasons he's no longer here only sours that for me, and I'd much rather be able to pull for the guy on Sundays than prove a point to some butt hurt message boarders.

RaiderH8r
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Hillis just had a 2.3 YPC against a defense that Moreno, with our ****ty OL, had a 4.0 YPC against.

I thought a 2.3 YPC meant you were absolute trash. Thats what everyone told us about Maroney. Horrible move because he had a 2.X YPC. Hillis does it and happens to be the only guy who can catch on his team so he's superman.

I'm actually a big fan of Peyton Hillis. He's a passionate, old school football player when in the right situation. I loved that we drafted him and hoped Shanahan would have given him a real shot to start here. If Shanahan had done that earlier before going through a half dozen other RBs he'd probably still be the coach here. But when McDaniels came in Hillis showed no ability to pick up the offense. An offense that wanted to use him as a dual running/receiving threat. He did nothing with early opportunities in '09. It was clear that the Denver Broncos could not offer the right situation for him to succeed. At that point he was given an opportunity to go somewhere else and possibly find his niche. Just so happens he has.

Lets be honest though, all the b****ing about trading Hillis is 99% a product of angst stemming from McDaniels hitting home runs on trading Cutler and Marshall. To this point he's clearly won both of his major trades, the trades so many here claimed where him "tearing the team apart". So since you can't b**** about trading Cutler anymore the last remaining thing to b**** about is trading Hillis.

I'm done with this thread though. I actually like how Hillis plays football and I'm happy for him that he's found a place where he can show off his athletic talents. Arguing over the reasons he's no longer here only sours that for me, and I'd much rather be able to pull for the guy on Sundays than prove a point to some butt hurt message boarders.

And when he couldn't rush for **** he still managed to pull down catches for about 100 yds. Point is he contributes in a number of ways and is a tough football player. We shipped out the best RB on our squad for Brady Quinn and some shiny beads. He runs tough, he moves the pile, he can catch out of the backfield and has single handedly made Cleveland not a patently crappy team. To suggest we didn't get royally reamed in a rape shower by that trade is ignorant.

Archer81
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
And when he couldn't rush for **** he still managed to pull down catches for about 100 yds. Point is he contributes in a number of ways and is a tough football player. We shipped out the best RB on our squad for Brady Quinn and some shiny beads. He runs tough, he moves the pile, he can catch out of the backfield and has single handedly made Cleveland not a patently crappy team. To suggest we didn't get royally reamed in a rape shower by that trade is ignorant.

To suggest that Hillis would have been in a position with Shanahan or McDaniels to have the success he is having now in Cleveland is what is ignorant. There would have been no way Hillis is moved to HB when both Broncos HC's pictured him in a FB/H-back role.

But has been said in previous threads, why argue it? Dude is gone to a place where he can be successful in an offense more tailored to fit him.

Good luck Peyton. Cleveland will eat your soul.

:Broncos:

RaiderH8r
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Moreover, Moreno has been given ample opportunity to prove himself. A damn sight more than McKid ever considered giving Hillis and what has Moreno shown for it? 1 career 100 yd rushing game, 9 TD's, 5 fumbles lost and a career 3.7 YPC average. Christ, to suggest McKid gave Hillis a shot is laughable. McKid made up his mind, slammed Hillis into an unwinnable situation and shipped him out at all costs. It was, is, and remains stupid on McKid's part.

Archer81
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Moreover, Moreno has been given ample opportunity to prove himself. A damn sight more than McKid ever considered giving Hillis and what has Moreno shown for it? 1 career 100 yd rushing game, 9 TD's, 5 fumbles lost and a career 3.7 YPC average. Christ, to suggest McKid gave Hillis a shot is laughable. McKid made up his mind, slammed Hillis into an unwinnable situation and shipped him out at all costs. It was, is, and remains stupid on McKid's part.

The dead horse.

You iz beatingz it.

RaiderH8r
To suggest that Hillis would have been in a position with Shanahan or McDaniels to have the success he is having now in Cleveland is what is ignorant. There would have been no way Hillis is moved to HB when both Broncos HC's pictured him in a FB/H-back role.

But has been said in previous threads, why argue it? Dude is gone to a place where he can be successful in an offense more tailored to fit him.

Good luck Peyton. Cleveland will eat your soul.

McKid is an offensive genius and wants players of character. Clearly he can make **** out of shinola so he could surely find a role for Hillis to succeed in his voluminous playbook filled with the prodigy's encyclopedic knowledge of the game.

I'm pretty sure Cleveland brought him in for just the same role and to split carries. All Hillis did was go out and take the job and there is no reason to believe that he couldn't have done the same in Denver given a proper opportunity. McKid wasn't interested in having the best player earn the job. Moreno was his anointed one and we've suffered for it.

Homer Simpson

Your constant immature use of "McKid" just proves you have made your mind up about McDaniels and if you are calling him stupid for this move I assume you have praised him for the Cutler/Marshall moves?

broncosteven
11-21-2010, 04:28 PM

You left out the near 100yards in the passing game and the TD receiving. In all it was a Knowshon like game for Hillis this week.

I think Cleveland abandoned the run too early and kept trying to pass on 1st down which left them in 2nd and 17 or 2nd and 10 too many times at which point they couldn't establish a run game in the 2nd half. I think it was the same type of stuff that has hurt us early in games this year also.

It will be nice to see if we can get a 2nd 100 yard game vs SD this week or if last week was just an aberration.

Archer81
11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
McKid is an offensive genius and wants players of character. Clearly he can make **** out of shinola so he could surely find a role for Hillis to succeed in his voluminous playbook filled with the prodigy's encyclopedic knowledge of the game.

I'm pretty sure Cleveland brought him in for just the same role and to split carries. All Hillis did was go out and take the job and there is no reason to believe that he couldn't have done the same in Denver given a proper opportunity. McKid wasn't interested in having the best player earn the job. Moreno was his anointed one and we've suffered for it.

You realize that even in Cleveland Hillis was not designated a starter from the second he got there? Harrison was starter. Harrison got hurt. Hillis became starter. Kudos to him for taking advantage. But when you have 3 HC's keep you in a backup role, that speaks volumes to the player.

But this has been argued. I wont go over it again. Otherwise I would just cut and paste the same thing I have been saying since this thread started.

The McKid references are ridiculous, by the way.

baja
11-21-2010, 04:33 PM
Of course he's good for 100 + pages he's a five tool player.

TDmvp
11-21-2010, 04:41 PM
This thread is so filled with win ...

It's almost as gay as the twilight movie thing with the two teams...

You Josh guys need to get Team Josh shirts and you anti Josh guys get a Josh with a slash through his face shirts and use them as your avatar so we know whos who..

The last two years here I can honestly say we Broncos fan as a community has been as stupid as Bengals fans. All the I'm a better fan than you because my opinion is this is Fing hilarious.

All the melt downs and people acting like they actually know better then someone else has been fun to read tho it is very Bengals fan like.

TotallyScrewed
11-21-2010, 04:50 PM
The really sad part is we are no better than the Bengals...at least right now.

TotallyScrewed
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Out of curiosity...how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?

orangemonkey
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM

LOL. Hillis had 150 yards in offense today against Jacksonville, 3 times what Moreno managed to produce against the Jaguars. Also Hillis has 10 touchdowns this year compared to Moreno's 2.

The Cutler trade conversation is hardly a slam dunk or over. Cutler has led his team to a first place spot while our QB has led us to the sewer. Cutler has proven this year he can win games in the 4th quarter. I remain hopeful that Orton can prove it this year, but the fact is he hasn't.

Archer81
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Out of curiosity...how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie pop?

The owl said three. And they are wise. So three.

baja
11-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Can you put a thread on ignore???

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM

You Josh guys need to get Team Josh shirts and you anti Josh guys get a Josh with a slash through his face shirts and use them as your avatar so we know whos who..

The last two years here I can honestly say we Broncos fan as a community has been as stupid as Bengals fans. All the I'm a better fan than you because my opinion is this is Fing hilarious.

All the melt downs and people acting like they actually know better then someone else has been fun to read tho it is very Bengals fan like.

Sorry its not Josh Vs. Anti-Josh. Its Josh vs. Broncos. I'v said this before. This guy is Lane Kiffen.

Popps
11-21-2010, 05:10 PM

You couldn't in a million years. This is gold.

Popps
11-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry its not Josh Vs. Anti-Josh. Its Josh vs. Broncos. I'v said this before. This guy is Lane Kiffen.

Well, there you have it. Ultimate Soldier has said it before. Write it down.
Hilarious!

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Get over it, losers. :p

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 05:14 PM

Good comparison..Mcd is ****ing idiot..He should have started Tebow in short yardage situations during early part of the season.
He acted like people are idiot to even suggest that opinion.
Look how tebow is performing..

He started Lamont Jordan over Hillis..This guy has no clue how to be an head coach.

Popps
11-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Will this thread hit 200 pages?

TDmvp
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Will this thread hit 200 pages?

http://cdnet.myxer.com/tn/c/917483/big/?t=20081007222556

Ha!

Champagne Powder
He did nothing with early opportunities in '09.

What early opportunities? Are you referring to his kickoff return duties?

He had 17 offensive touches in 16 games! It was a small sample size. There's not enough evidence to draw this conclusion.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Well, there you have it. Ultimate Soldier has said it before. Write it down.
Hilarious!

Ohhh! me mocks me. I'm being mocked. Are you mocking me?

Bronkota
11-21-2010, 05:22 PM

Pretty simple, Don't click on it but deep down inside you know this thread is spot on but you just can't help yourself.

baja
11-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Pretty simple, Don't click on it but deep down inside you know this thread is spot on but you just can't help yourself.

Spot on???

Good trade? no bad trade! -- No good trade - Na bad trade....... for 102+ pages

Spot on would be one well said post that owns something.

oubronco
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Excellent and why we've lost some very good posters

Requiem
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM
In Josh We Trust.

Bronkota
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Spot on???

Good trade? no bad trade! -- No good trade - Na bad trade....... for 102+ pages

Spot on would be one well said post that owns something.

I bet if you started a poll you would get a definitive answer.

baja
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I bet if you started a poll you would get a definitive answer.

go ahead it's your idea.

~Crash~
11-21-2010, 06:45 PM

thank you been saying this for months now ....:sunshine:

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Hillis with a strong 2.8 YPC today. Awesome.

Glad he is the only receiving threat the Browns have though. Must be real tough catching safety valve passes out of the backfield when their offensive starters at wide receiver consist of Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder.

Hey dip****, dont sell them short. TBrowns just traded for Ray Charles.

What a bunch of crybabies. Get the **** over it. Hes gone

Says the kid who was throwing out all his Broncos gear on the streets last year.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 07:27 PM

If you are going to argue, at least do it with someone WHO WAS ON THE BRONCOS! 8th best RB (not to mention what he has done in total yards) ranks where with Broncos RBs this year?

Los Broncos
11-21-2010, 07:32 PM
If you are going to argue, at least do it with someone WHO WAS ON THE BRONCOS! 8th best RB (not to mention what he has done in total yards) ranks where with Broncos RBs this year?

Hey dude, I just texted you, check your phone.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey dude, I just texted you, check your phone.

dont you know this is a thread about Hillis! Not about coolers that i can lend out to you. Soooo rude! ROFL!

Los Broncos
11-21-2010, 07:47 PM
dont you know this is a thread about Hillis! Not about coolers that i can lend out to you. Soooo rude! ROFL!

He doesn't play for Denver, we got a game on MNF in case you haven't heard Ha!

Los Broncos
11-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey Speardog, didnt say I hated the thread or Hillis, not sure what your getting at.

Beantown Bronco
11-21-2010, 09:11 PM
LOL. Hillis had 150 yards in offense today against Jacksonville, 3 times what Moreno managed to produce against the Jaguars. Also Hillis has 10 touchdowns this year compared to Moreno's 2.

Apples to oranges comparison here. Moreno's health in week one. Different OLines. Different Jacksonville defenses due to recent injuries, etc.

The Cutler trade conversation is hardly a slam dunk or over. Cutler has led his team to a first place spot while our QB has led us to the sewer. Cutler has proven this year he can win games in the 4th quarter. I remain hopeful that Orton can prove it this year, but the fact is he hasn't.

This has to be the most liberal use of the word "led" I've seen in quite some time. The Bears are ranked #3 in total defense and #20 in rushing in the entire league. The Broncos? #25 and #32. That has FAR more to do with their record than any fictional 4th quarter superiority between the QBs.

A bad day for Cutler = 5 or 6 turnovers. Orton? 2. That's it. The difference is, the Bears' defense manages to overcome Cutler's f ups more often than not. The Broncos defense simply cannot overcome a single turnover this season. This is not Orton's fault.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
A normal day for Cutler is 2 picks and 4 frowns towards coaches and players.

misturanderson
11-21-2010, 10:02 PM

Are you really that ****ing dense? Hillis isn't even remotely pro-bowl worthy right now. That's what my post was about. Obviously nobody on our team is even close to the top 10 in either conference, being as we're dead last in rushing in the league, DUE TO POOR OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY.

To dumb things down to your level, I have come up with some bullet points:
-Hillis is not as good as you think.
-Hillis would not have solved any of our major offensive problems this year, as they are a direct result of poor offensive line play.
-The post you responded to originally had absolutely nothing to do with the Broncos which is why none of the players I mentioned were ever on the Broncos.

colonelbeef
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
A normal day for Cutler is 2 picks and 4 frowns towards coaches and players.

I love hyperbole too.

Cutler is 7-3 and in first place.

Where are the Broncos?

baja
11-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Anybody got a link to a Broncos forum???

BroncoDoug
11-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I can't belive this Hillis thread is at over 2500 replies and I don't have one post in it... I love Hillis the mostest(subjective) and here is me in my $300 authentic Hillis Jersey, signed by him btw...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6412_508071387026_331500738_283568_5849299_n.jpg

bpc
11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
HEEEEEEEEY! BPC showed up!!!

WOW!

Nice to see you, BPC. You've been really active, spamming the boards after our losses this year, but you were nowhere to be found last Sunday. What a surprise?

Welcome back. Let's hope for another Bronco win this Monday so your poser, pseudo-fan ass disappears again.

The sad part is we scheduled some fall family pictures for our holiday cards on Sunday and I didn't get to see the game. My dad called through with the reports that we were whipping ass though. Just my luck that the game I didn't get to watch ended up being our best showing. Every other game i've watched outside of Seattle & Tennessee been a horrendous beat-down.

As that is, more rambling from your fan police persona, ya know, calling that fan good, the next one who disagrees w/ the FO a bears fan, & whatever else ridiculous stuff you post. It would leave more of an impression if you weren't such a small margin tool. Everybody knows your game and honestly, it's quite boring.

All the while, you jackasses spin the topic away from the stupidity that was trading Peyton Hillis. Once again, the whole NFL and a majority of their fans are laughing at how we got bent over in this trade. Don't worry though, Poops/Rec-Tum know better than all and they aren't afraid to deflect until you know it.

bpc
11-21-2010, 10:57 PM

Ah, reliving the glory years of pee-wee football and t-ball are we? I bet that was fun and you, just like everybody else got to take home a trophy. How sweet. Matches up w/ your political ideology as well. Double bonus.

You know what's awesome? Just four or five days ago you were bragging about putting me on ignore, yet here you are responding to a post. ha ha. Damn you're a loser, kid. You had to backup and get some more didn't you? God your life must suck.

Homer Simpson
11-21-2010, 11:01 PM
. Damn you're a loser, kid. You had to backup and get some more didn't you? God your life must suck.

What a horrifically angry and negative poster you are, wow.

baja
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM

There is a forum rule against using your own photo for your avatar.

bpc
11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Remember, folks... BPC promised us Cutler was a "franchise" QB.

Just keep that in mind with every word he types.

Oh, he also said Orton was ****.

He's smart.

Hmmm, I wish we sucked like Cutler, and our record sat at 7-3, good for 1st place in our division. His TD/INT ration is horrible at 12/10. I'm sure you'll say "OH, it's all the defense, it's all the defense!" And then I could go dig up how you hyped Orton to no end in Chicago w/ pathetic QB stats while sticking his W/L record in everybody's face. Well, guess what Bryan, we caught you in yet another contradiction. Seems you switch up when ever it benefits your reasonings. It's just the same trick in the book you always use and hope nobody notices how stupid you sound.

You know the great spot about where I stand is that I can admit error if it's true. Caught in the anger of landing Orton, i probably did say some disparaging things about him. More than anything else, I didn't see him having elite QB skills with his arm and legs... for the most part, I still don't. He doesn't have an overpowering arm or a command throwing the ball that puts teams on their heels in the red-zone. Peyton Manning he's not. At the same time, i've carved out a lot of respect for him. He's had a lot of weight thrown on his shoulders having to hoist this rush-less team (sounds familiar to Jay's time here!) around the field. Our scoring offense still sucks but I freely admit that I was wrong about Orton the player. He has intangibles. He's a tough SOB... as opposed to say Jake Plummer, who when faced with a similar situation as Kyle, and competition in the form of a 1st round draft pick, pussied out, quit on the team and went home. Orton has eye-balled all the QB competitors and has kept them at bay with great play.

I don't think he'll ever be great but he definitely could evolve and have a Rich Gannon type end to his career. I definitely think that's a possibility. Probably won't be in Denver.

Back to the script, I can admit when i'm wrong. You on the other hand... you just eat **** and spin your way out of a multitude of contradictions MONTHLY hoping nobody calls you on it. That's the true mark of the pathetic internet fan. Well that, and the fact that you don't actually go to games.

bpc
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM

I'll give you a pass on the Johnny come lately stuff but this specific poster has issued specific threats towards me/my family personally through several means in chat rooms and also through rep.

He can eat **** and anybody who's stupid enough to side w/ him can as well. That's for real.

strafen
11-21-2010, 11:25 PM
There is a forum rule against using your own photo for your avatar.

Hilarious!LOLROFL!Ha!

Archer81
11-21-2010, 11:32 PM
I wish a mod would lock this thread and bury it forever in dragster's ass.

That would make my day.

HAT
11-22-2010, 12:26 AM
I love hyperbole too.

Where are the Broncos?

Ooh, ooh, Ooh....I know!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not having a defense that gives up 14 points a game?

HAT
11-22-2010, 12:27 AM

That would make my day.

His too.

broncocalijohn
11-22-2010, 01:05 AM

That would make my day.

Is that one ass you wont go near or would u just triple bag it?

enjolras
11-22-2010, 01:54 AM
I can't belive this Hillis thread is at over 2500 replies and I don't have one post in it... I love Hillis the mostest(subjective) and here is me in my $300 authentic Hillis Jersey, signed by him btw...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs191.snc1/6412_508071387026_331500738_283568_5849299_n.jpg

That's the funny thing. I have probably have more in the Hillis fight than any other Bronco fan. Hell I was the only one (as far as I could tell) shouting to draft the guy starting in like the 4th round.

See my wife is from Conway Arkansas, where Hillis went to high-school. Her parents know the Hillis family fairly well. I have been trying to get her to take any sort of interest in the Broncos for more than a decade. Hell I moved her out to Denver 4 years ago. So when we had Hillis she actually had something to cheer about. Even wanted to go to a game to see him play....

So ya, for me personally it really sucks that he's gone. I remain unconvinced that he's a great running back. A nice one, and I do love his running style just like everyone else. It doesn't matter tho, he's gone.. so I have to find some other way to get the wife interested.

strafen
11-22-2010, 07:05 AM

That would make my day.

:Broncos:I've heard you like it in the pooper...

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2010, 07:20 AM
this thread should be printed lamenated and sent to hillis door step with lip marks from all those still on his dick fter 103 pages

misturanderson
11-22-2010, 07:28 AM
Hmmm, I wish we sucked like Cutler, and our record sat at 7-3, good for 1st place in our division. His TD/INT ration is horrible at 12/10. I'm sure you'll say "OH, it's all the defense, it's all the defense!" And then I could go dig up how you hyped Orton to no end in Chicago w/ pathetic QB stats while sticking his W/L record in everybody's face. Well, guess what Bryan, we caught you in yet another contradiction. Seems you switch up when ever it benefits your reasonings. It's just the same trick in the book you always use and hope nobody notices how stupid you sound.

What NFL season were each of those QBs in when they were putting up pedestrian numbers while being carried to a good record by the defense? I'll help you Orton=1st-4th while being constatntly pushed to the second team because the team though Grossman was so much better, Cutler 4th & 5th with no competition whatsoever because he's the Grossman now. That right there is the difference.

Inkana7
11-22-2010, 08:15 AM
I love hyperbole too.

Where are the Broncos?

That's what I'm talking about!

**** the Broncos! Cutler 4 Lyfe!

colonelbeef
11-22-2010, 08:41 AM

Facts are facts. This isn't me talking, this is the NFL standings speaking to McDaniels homers.

Archer81
11-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Is that one ass you wont go near or would u just triple bag it?

Depends. Is alcohol involved, and if so how much?

Archer81
11-22-2010, 09:05 AM
I've heard you like it in the pooper...

Weaksauce.

Try again Dragster.

HAT
11-22-2010, 09:06 AM
what nfl season were each of those qbs in when they were putting up pedestrian numbers while being carried to a good record by the defense? I'll help you orton=1st-4th while being constatntly pushed to the second team because the team though grossman was so much better, cutler 4th & 5th with no competition whatsoever because he's the grossman now. that right there is the difference.

^5

oubronco
11-22-2010, 09:10 AM
I've heard you like it in the pooper...

Not cool and Totally classless

Beantown Bronco
11-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Holy crap dude. Is your last name Roethlisberger? Scary resemblence.

BroncoDoug
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Holy crap dude. Is your last name Roethlisberger? Scary resemblence.

lol, I don't think I've ever gotten that... here is a more recent pic if you wanna compare still...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs931.snc4/74417_513831543626_331500738_459424_1654581_n.jpg

Inkana7
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
facts are facts. This isn't me talking, this is the nfl standings speaking to mcdaniels homers.

WOO CUTLER!! So good!

strafen
11-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Not cool and Totally classlessDidn't you read what he said to me?
He's getting what he's asking for.
Before you open your pipehole, see who is the one ditching it out.
So, **** you!

strafen
11-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Is that one ass you wont go near or would u just triple bag it?I think he loves to be in the receiving end.

broncocalijohn
11-22-2010, 10:13 AM
I think he loves to be in the receiving end.

I think Chris is the one that gives. You know the saying ,"Give and give until it hurts."

WTF does this have to do with Hillis? All we know is Beef backs our #16th offense (or was it #2) and we were 8-8 when Cutler was around, but when he still has trouble at QB (but better this year by far), he pulls out the record when it favors Cutler. Nice to know someone is sucking the jizz still for Cutler as a supposed Broncos fan.

enjolras
11-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Cutler has become quite efficient at handing off this year, I'll give you that.

Total attempts: #23 in the league @271
Interceptions: Tied for #7 @ 10 (Orton is at 5 despite throwing the ball 80 more times)
QB Rating: #21

Mike Martz the architect of one of the most pass happy offenses in the history of the NFL took one look at Cutler and turned him into Trent Dilfer. He's asking the frown cannon to simply avoid losing the game... and he's still managed 10 interceptions.

Archer81
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
I think he loves to be in the receiving end.

You know what I hear when I read this?

That you are a big ole nelly powerbottom in need of a good gang bang. Sadly, I am not into nelly queens. But they say there is someone for everyone, so you keep right on looking, princess.

Homer Simpson
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM

That you are a big ole nelly powerbottom in need of a good gang bang. Sadly, I am not into nelly queens. But they say there is someone for everyone, so you keep right on looking, princess.

That guy seems obsessed with you and your sexuality. It's all very strange.

Archer81
11-22-2010, 01:52 PM
That guy seems obsessed with you and your sexuality. It's all very strange.

It is very strange. Not entirely sure why he insinuates the gay thing. I'm not hiding it. Oddball.

Popps
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM

Hilarious!

Hillis is tearing this forum apart!

Archer81
11-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Hilarious!

Hillis is tearing this forum apart!

Would it help if I said I want to bang Hillis like a screen door in a hurricane?

DHallblows
11-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Would it help if I said I want to bang Hillis like a screen door in a hurricane?

No, because you're racist and only like the white skill players! ;)

Archer81
11-22-2010, 02:03 PM
No, because you're racist and only like the white skill players! ;)

LOLHilarious!LOL

I cannot refute this. My favorite non-Broncos are Dallas Clark, Jason Witten and Chris Cooley...I'm detecting a pattern.

And seriously I am this close to turning this thread into a circuit party.

Requiem
11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Ah, reliving the glory years of pee-wee football and t-ball are we? I bet that was fun and you, just like everybody else got to take home a trophy. How sweet.

Went passed the Pee-Wee's and actually played baseball through high school. Nice try.

And yes, I got to take home a lot of trophies and awards. I was a three-time city champion in baseball (part of one undefeated team 16-0!), multi-year city All-Star (chosen by coaches, reporters, etc.) and routinely considered one of the best defensive players in my stomping grounds which earned me perks and articles in my local newspaper. Most every game after the statistics, it was my name listed under Defensive MVP. I enjoyed my time in youth sports. I was pretty good at them, which is why I pretty much played everything. Aries are good at sports!

Matches up w/ your political ideology as well. Double bonus.
Not even sure how this makes sense. Equating playing youth sports to political ideologies? Weird. Protip, you might need to be informed on politics to be able to make a conscience effort to grasp their political leanings. Unfortunately for you Chris, you are neither cognizant enough of ideologies or myself to make that decision.

You know what's awesome? Just four or five days ago you were bragging about putting me on ignore, yet here you are responding to a post. ha ha. Damn you're a loser, kid. You had to backup and get some more didn't you? God your life must suck.

It wasn't bragging, more or less just stating a fact. I'll respond to something you say if it personally involves me. Especially when you whine, cry and allege things that never happened. You remember the story the Boy Who Cried Wolf, right? Probably not, but it has gotten to the point on this message board where nobody believes or gives two ****s about what you have to say.

A constant whiner, a constant basher of the team and the ultimate fair-weathered fan. You must have been a terrible teammate.

Popps
11-22-2010, 02:22 PM
A constant whiner, a constant basher of the team and the ultimate fair-weathered fan. You must have been a terrible teammate.

That's sort of insulting to fair-weather fans.

Fair weather fans actually show up to a team's message board after a win. They don't hide out and wait for losses.

Requiem
11-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Yeah,

I have a feeling bpc, go_broncos and sctt_grd are brothers or something. A band of brothers hellbent and ready for internet message board destruction!

strafen
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
That guy seems obsessed with you and your sexuality. It's all very strange.I think you need to have your handle name fixed.
It should be Homo Simpson :wave:

DHallblows
11-22-2010, 02:33 PM
I think you need to have your handle name fixed.

Oh I get it! It's funny cuz you're stupid

strafen
11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh I get it! It's funny cuz I'm stupidI'm glad you've got it.
I thought you were too retarded to get it.

Homer Simpson
11-22-2010, 03:05 PM
I think you need to have your handle name fixed.

That is some of the weakest "smack" I have ever heard.

bpc
11-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Went passed the Pee-Wee's and actually played baseball through high school. Nice try.

And yes, I got to take home a lot of trophies and awards. I was a three-time city champion in baseball (part of one undefeated team 16-0!), multi-year city All-Star (chosen by coaches, reporters, etc.) and routinely considered one of the best defensive players in my stomping grounds which earned me perks and articles in my local newspaper. Most every game after the statistics, it was my name listed under Defensive MVP. I enjoyed my time in youth sports. I was pretty good at them, which is why I pretty much played everything. Aries are good at sports!

Not even sure how this makes sense. Equating playing youth sports to political ideologies? Weird. Protip, you might need to be informed on politics to be able to make a conscience effort to grasp their political leanings. Unfortunately for you Chris, you are neither cognizant enough of ideologies or myself to make that decision.

It wasn't bragging, more or less just stating a fact. I'll respond to something you say if it personally involves me. Especially when you whine, cry and allege things that never happened. You remember the story the Boy Who Cried Wolf, right? Probably not, but it has gotten to the point on this message board where nobody believes or gives two ****s about what you have to say.

Basically you posted a whole lot of nothing here. You can lie and front that you did not say things but we know the truth. It's really no surprise that you're trying to save face by denying it now, a spinelss act by a really pathetic boy. You would be wise to not go barking up the wrong tree's, attempting to gesture threats towards people, their families and jobs, just because you hate your own lot in life. That's nobody else's fault except your own. Grow a spine and deal with it.

TDmvp
11-22-2010, 04:36 PM
http://www.neverendingthread.com/images/mainlogoNT.jpg

CEH
11-22-2010, 04:45 PM
http://www.neverendingthread.com/images/mainlogoNT.jpg

The only way this thread ends is for Moreno to put together some very good games now that the line is the line they wanted from the start and he is supposely healthy. I know Josh has put alot of stuff on Knowshown's plate

Now is a great time to start to show he can be a playmaker game in and game out

oubronco
11-22-2010, 04:46 PM
The only way this thread ends is for Moreno to put together some very good games now that the line is the line they wanted from the start and he is supposely healthy. I know Josh has put alot of stuff on Knowshown's plate

Now is a great time to start to show he can be a playmaker game in and game out

Agreed

DHallblows
11-22-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm glad you've got it.
I thought you were too retarded to get it.

ZOMG, HOW DID YOU CHANGE MY POST, I NEVER SAID THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, you're absolut embarrass right about now...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-22-2010, 09:42 PM

It should read : **** McDumbass! Broncos for life!" I could back you on that!

fontaine
11-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Peyton Hillis: 3 TDs, 70 yards on 10 attempts.

In the first half.

Maybe McDaniels can get a walkthrough tape of the Browns and figure out exactly what all those strange and mysterious plays are where instead of the QB throwing the ball, some guy takes a "hand off" and "runs" the ball.

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 12:15 PM
http://images.getmusic.com.au/images/local/300/83b49f86-b0d3-43eb-9f1d-73aec89d02eb.jpg

Popps
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
He's got 27 points for me at the half.

LOL

oubronco
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
We can't

http://collidewithme.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/crying-baby-257x300.jpg

SouthStndJunkie
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
"Well, I Hope Josh McDaniels will remember, a southern man don't need him around anyhow"

fontaine
11-28-2010, 12:18 PM
http://images.getmusic.com.au/images/local/300/83b49f86-b0d3-43eb-9f1d-73aec89d02eb.jpg

Can't. This thread is like the living dead!!! Never to rest in peace!!

:afro:

fontaine
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
He's got 27 points for me at the half.

LOL

He's got points for everyone. Except McDaniels that is!

:)

oubronco
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
"well, i hope josh mcdaniels will remember, a southern man don't need him around anyhow"

nice!!!

Pony Boy
11-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Peyton Hillis: 3 TDs, 70 yards on 10 attempts.
In the first half.

Maybe McDaniels can get a walkthrough tape of the Browns and figure out exactly what all those strange and mysterious plays are where instead of the QB throwing the ball, some guy takes a "hand off" and "runs" the ball.

Absolute shame Hillis was too stupid to play for the Broncos.....

Goobzilla
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Orakpo & Hillis or Knowshon? Discuss....

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 12:25 PM
Orakpo & Hillis or Knowshon? Discuss....

Well on one hand you have tougher and smarterer. On the other you have latent racism.

KipCorrington25
11-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Hey our depth chart had Lamont "Rerun" Jordan ahead of this guy, that explains a lot about why we're in the situation we are in now.

fontaine
11-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Absolute shame Hillis was too stupid to play for the Broncos.....

It's cool, we got smart & tough Maroney.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
In all fairness, players of the Lamont Jordan caliber aren't going to be covering punts and returning kicks.

Archer81
11-28-2010, 12:34 PM
In all fairness, players of the Lamont Jordan caliber aren't going to be covering punts and returning kicks.

He might as well have, considering how well it was done in the first place...

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 12:37 PM
Basically you posted a whole lot of nothing here. You can lie and front that you did not say things but we know the truth. It's really no surprise that you're trying to save face by denying it now, a spinelss act by a really pathetic boy. You would be wise to not go barking up the wrong tree's, attempting to gesture threats towards people, their families and jobs, just because you hate your own lot in life. That's nobody else's fault except your own. Grow a spine and deal with it.

I do not ever think i have read anything more accurate as this here on hte mane.

vancejohnson82
11-28-2010, 12:41 PM
when is Ed Reed a free agent?

BroncoDoug
11-28-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm going to the Broncos game, and wearing my Hillis Jersey

frerottenextelway
11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Hillis on pace to have higher TD total than IQ score?

mr007
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Hillis on pace to have higher TD total than IQ score?

Regardless of what his IQ score is, he's fast, big, knows how to follow his blockers and appropriate times to accelerate, and trucks the **** out of people.

I'll take a guy like that on my team any day. What a shame, ohh well.

cabronco
11-28-2010, 12:54 PM
What a stud football player that Hillis is. He literally runs over defenders , especially getting into the end zone. I wish we had a guy like that. SOB, I wish I had a McD pinata sometimes.

Clockwork Orange
11-28-2010, 12:56 PM

I'm sure the True Fans will be by to confiscate your fan card for that. Hillis was sent away, which automatically means he was a bad guy/headcase/locker room cancer/too stupid to pick up the playbook/whatever excuse that makes it his fault. He is deserving of nothing but scorn and slander.

We are at war with Eurasia....we have always been at war with Eurasia....

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:11 PM

Sure you won't be alone. Can't imagine any fan having any kind of disdain for Hillis. I see all sorts of past player jerseys at games.

fontaine
11-28-2010, 01:15 PM

That's neither smart or tough.

I'm sure if McD saw you wearing a Hillis jersey he'd trade you for a bag of magic beans!!

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Lol @ Poops and this fail thread

this is like the McDaniels of OM threads

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:24 PM
The Hillis Hop.

Just happened again. LOL

Dude is something else.

oubronco
11-28-2010, 01:25 PM
The Hillis Hop.

Just happened again. LOL

Dude is something else.

Glad your finally seeing this

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Glad your finally seeing this

I was one of, if not the first to see it around here. Need to check your history.

This thread was just a simple question... why wasn't he on the field for Shanahan or McDaniels?

Looks like Mangini figured out something that our two coaches couldn't.

Good for him.

Now, if he can just start winning games.

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:29 PM
31 points for me today. He's going to outscore Mike Vick. LOL

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
I was one of, if not the first to see it around here. Need to check your history.

This thread was just a simple question... why wasn't he on the field for Shanahan or McDaniels?

Good for him.

it was basically me and you calling for him to start last year, pre moreno times. he earned his shot as a full time RB with what he showed here, and mcdaniels didnt utilize it.

fontaine
11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Hillis just knocked over two defenders to get a 1st on short yardage.

I can't remember the last time one of our RBs did that.

fontaine
11-28-2010, 01:33 PM

Yeah, you say a lot of stuff.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Good for him.

He did get on the field for Shanahan and was in the process of stealing away the RB job when he was injured.

Do you have alzheimers, or just selectively choose what to recall based on how it suits your stupid arguments?

Arguing that Shanahan somehow didn't appreciate a guy that HE DRAFTED and somehow drawing a moronic comparative to McDaniels throwing him away for nothing is just plain duplicitous at best

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Hillis just knocked over two defenders to get a 1st on short yardage.

I can't remember the last time one of our RBs did that.

Probably when Hillis was a Bronco.

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Yeah, you say a lot of stuff.

I just asked why a guy so talented wasn't a starter for Shanahan or McDaniels without injury?

It was a valid question and given the performance we're seeing from him this year, no?

ICON
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
wow

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 01:37 PM
I just asked why a guy so talented wasn't a starter for Shanahan or McDaniels without injury?

It was a valid question and given the performance we're seeing from him this year, no?

Because he was a rookie and Shanahan has a depth chart on which rookies typically are buried- why is this so hard for you to understand?

Shanahan drafted a gem and was working him in when he got hurt. McDaniels threw him away like a tard.

Get it?

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
it was basically me and you calling for him to start last year, pre moreno times. he earned his shot as a full time RB with what he showed here, and mcdaniels didnt utilize it.

I called for him to start much earlier than that, but you're correct.

It just confused me that he couldn't land a starting role with either of our coaches, and anecdotal evidence suggested there might be some sort of practice issue. I still think that may be true, but Mangini figured he had no other offense... made him the focus and while they don't win many games, Hillis is putting up big stats.

People can be as mad as they want. I didn't trade him.

I called for him to start first... and then asked why he wasn't for McDaniels.

It was a legitimate question.

fontaine
11-28-2010, 01:40 PM

No offense dude, but I could care less about what you've got to say on a guy you chop and change your opinion on.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2998712&postcount=2060

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I called for him to start much earlier than that, but you're correct.

It just confused me that he couldn't land a starting role with either of our coaches, and anecdotal evidence suggested there might be some sort of practice issue. I still think that may be true, but Mangini figured he had no other offense... made him the focus and while they don't win many games, Hillis is putting up big stats.

People can be as mad as they want. I didn't trade him.

I called for him to start first... and then asked why he wasn't for McDaniels.

It was a legitimate question.

im talking about in the offseason, when there was uncertainty at RB position and after hillis showed his potential in the 4 game stretch of 2008.

Popps
No offense dude, but I could care less about what you've got to say on a guy you chop and change your opinion on.

Selvin Young WASN'T as good as Hillis. You disagree?

Hillis HASN'T produced as much as Tatum Bell did for us. You got stats that show differently?

colonelbeef

Shocker, Poops being dishonest and summarily owned yet again

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
im talking about in the offseason, when there was uncertainty at RB position and after hillis showed his potential in the 4 game stretch of 2008.

Right. I thought at minimum, he'd share carries.

But, he didn't do well with his chances... so it seemed.

Hence... the questions as to why a guy with so much talent couldn't start for either coach without injuries forcing the issue.

(Keeping in mind that Mike Shanahan had no true starting RB, and had a history of finding late round gems and being willing to start late-rounders.)

It didn't add up.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.bepast.org/docs/photos/Disaster/hindenburg%2002.jpg

"I'm so proud of this airship"

-Poops

Gort
11-28-2010, 01:51 PM

Hence... the questions as to why a guy with so much talent couldn't start for either coach without injuries forcing the issue.

(Keeping in mind that Mike Shanahan had no true starting RB, and had a history of finding late round gems and being willing to start late-rounders.)

It didn't add up.

can we kill this argument already?

Hillis wasn't a starter for Shanny because he was a rookie taken in the 7th round. Shanny didn't start rookies, and he especially didn't start rookies taken in the 7th round.

you know who else didn't start as a rookie? Tom Brady.

can we kill this dumb argument about Peyton not being a starter for Shanny as being a smoking gun for how bad he was? please?

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:58 PM
can we kill this dumb argument about Peyton not being a starter for Shanny as being a smoking gun for how bad he was? please?

Shanahan was pulling guys off of the practice squad instead of giving Hillis carries. It was only late in the season where he finally made him the starter.

He had plenty of time to see him in camp, and early in the season.

Terrell Davis managed to earn a starting job despite being a late-rounder.

Hillis is putting up big numbers in CLV.

Shanahan, more than perhaps any other coach always had affinity for unknown backs. (Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, etc.)

Of all coaches, he was the one who could have and should have seen his talent and gave him a shot, particularly with a struggling running game.

Yet, he didn't.

Nor did McDaniels.

I simply asked why.

Popps
11-28-2010, 01:59 PM
In fact, aside from Portis.. Shanahan NEVER had an early round pick starting at RB for him.

So, this notion that he couldn't have POSSIBLY seen talent in a later rounder, after making a Hall of Famer (maybe) out of Terrell Davis is a little silly.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:00 PM
How many times can Poops fail in this thread?

lostknight
11-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Why does anyone take Popps seriously? Especially when talking about Hillis? it's hard to find anyone who is more wrong this year then he has been.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
"I'm so proud of this Space Shuttle"

-Poops

http://safetydirector.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/050609_columbia_hmed_6p_hmedium1.jpg

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 02:02 PM
"I'm so proud of this Space Shuttle"

-Poops

http://safetydirector.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/050609_columbia_hmed_6p_hmedium1.jpg

Wow, now mocking people who died to prove your point? What a scum bucket you are.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, now mocking people who died to prove your point? What a scum bucket you are.

Oh noes, the sensitivity police are here

I am mocking Poops, not the shuttle, you ****ing retard

Popps
11-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Wow. I've got colon-beef on ignore, and this is a good reminder why.

Disgraceful.

Seriously, man... keep the Mane dog$hit-free... use the ignore feature.

Popps
11-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Side note: I love this legion of losers who follow me around all day, insisting that they don't like my posts, and yet apparently hang on every word.

LOL

Awesome.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:06 PM

PS- thanks for showing Poops my post :wave:

Gort

TD was 6th on the depth chart in camp. he earned his way into a starting job because it turned out that TD had HOF caliber talent.

Hillis is not going to the HOF. it wasn't until Shanny was forced to give the guy a shot that Shanny found out he was a gamer.

i think this argument is more of an indictment of Shanny than Hillis to be honest, but i can give Shanny a pass because Hillis was a rookie. not many low round draft picks make a team, much less be expected to contribute as rookies.

we all saw what Hillis could do when he was on the field in 2008. the fact that McD refused to give him a fair chance in 2009 also seems more of an indictment of McD than Hillis.

frerottenextelway
Shanahan was pulling guys off of the practice squad instead of giving Hillis carries. It was only late in the season where he finally made him the starter.

He had plenty of time to see him in camp, and early in the season.

Hillis is putting up big numbers in CLV.

Shanahan, more than perhaps any other coach always had affinity for unknown backs. (Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, etc.)

Of all coaches, he was the one who could have and should have seen his talent and gave him a shot, particularly with a struggling running game.

Yet, he didn't.

Nor did McDaniels.

I simply asked why.

Why does it matter how long it took for him to get a chance. Same goes for everyone, it matters what you do once you get your chance. Half the HoF is filled with men that weren't starters out of the gate. Rod Smith wasn't even drafted.

lostknight
Side note: I love this legion of losers who follow me around all day, insisting that they don't like my posts, and yet apparently hang on every word.

LOL

Awesome.

Might have something to do with the repeated pollution of threads that you regularly indulge in. I get that you don't like Hillis. I get that you are butthurt that he has done well in Cleveland, like most of us, not named Popps, predicted.

So why are you here, on this thread, spittiling in his general direction yet again?

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:07 PM

LOL

Awesome.

Only this moron would be proud of being scared of posters on a message board

Just another pride failure in an OM career full of them for the Poopster

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 02:08 PM
PS- thanks for showing Poops my post :wave:

You're welcome.

These are the 7 men and women you mocked to prove a point about Peyton Hillis.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg/220px-Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:09 PM
You're welcome.

These are the 7 men and women you mocked to prove a point about Peyton Hillis.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3f/Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg/220px-Challenger_flight_51-l_crew.jpg

Hi, I'm context, you're obviously not familiar with me

And also- just to further illustrate the fact that you do not have a clue as to the purpose nor target of the post- my point was about Poops, not Peyton Hills

woop woop, thought police en route

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 02:10 PM
What, no outrage over the lives lost on the Hindenburg? Oh the huge mantitty.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:11 PM
What, no outrage over the lives lost on the Hindenburg? Oh the huge mantitty.

too soon?

BroncoBuff
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM

As a former member (and sometimes organizer) of that legion, allow me to disagree. I thought Beef's post worked.

(Add: Titanic sinking might've been a better image choice ... it's still a bit "too soon" for Challenger).

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Popps sucks..Shut up..you moron..

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
3 TDs for Hillis..MCD YOU DUMB ****ER.GO TO HELL

Inkana7
11-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi, I'm context, you're obviously not familiar with me

And also- just to further illustrate the fact that you do not have a clue as to the purpose nor target of the post- my point was about Poops, not Peyton Hills

woop woop, thought police en route

So not only are you a pathetic human being, but you just admitted to not caring about the "topic" of this thread at all, instead just following one user around and badgering them?

Man, you really suck.

Popps
11-28-2010, 02:16 PM
So not only are you a pathetic human being, but you just admitted to not caring about the "topic" of this thread at all, instead just following one user around and badgering them?

Man, you really suck.

Dude, what else would he have to do with his life? Seriously.

Ignore the trash, brother.

I'm out. Enjoy the game, Broncos fans. F-off to the rest.

:sunshine:

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Man, you really suck.

No, what sucks is the fact that simps like you and Poopster cannot admit that you were and continue to be incorrect about the direction of the team, and are willing to use falsehoods, innuendo, and duplicity so long as it suits your arguments.

See Poops and his moronic Hills/Shanahan non point as an example.

I will argue the merits of factual events all day long- when you spew garbage early and often as Poops is want to do, I will call you on it ad infinitum.

No go ahead and cry your little crocodile tears for the space shuttle little sheep

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
This thread was created by Popps to show that Mcd didn't do mistake..
What a blind love. I never thought people can be this dumb..
On top of that, Mcd is a cheater.

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Man, you really suck.

you suck more supporting Mcd and his cheating skills.

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Well..Moreno fumbled the ball again..so..will Mcd trade him?

TotallyScrewed
11-28-2010, 05:54 PM

It didn't add up.

There that wasn't so hard. The whole idea that it was ALL Hillis' fault just doesn't add up as everyone (sane ones anyway) have been saying. Coaches can and do make mistakes but it's important to learn from them and move on. Shanahan seemed to find another gem. Mangini has long since proven that he is able to learn. McDaniels refused to believe and there you have it.

Hillis' numbers for today: nearly 200 all purpose yards and three TD's.

These are the facts in this case...and they are indisputable.

Inkana7
11-28-2010, 08:18 PM
you suck more supporting Mcd and his cheating skills.

I missed Elementary School. Thanks for bringing back the memories!

Inkana7
11-28-2010, 08:19 PM
No, what sucks is the fact that simps like you and Poopster cannot admit that you were and continue to be incorrect about the direction of the team, and are willing to use falsehoods, innuendo, and duplicity so long as it suits your arguments.

See Poops and his moronic Hills/Shanahan non point as an example.

I will argue the merits of factual events all day long- when you spew garbage early and often as Poops is want to do, I will call you on it ad infinitum.

No go ahead and cry your little crocodile tears for the space shuttle little sheep

Man, you really suck.

Pony Boy
11-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Peyton's place in Cleveland

This is turning out to be one of the more lopsided trades in recent history.

In March, the Denver Broncos traded running back Peyton Hillis to the Cleveland Browns for former first-round pick, QB Brady Quinn.

Hillis
On Sunday, Hillis rushed for three touchdowns -- all in the first half -- against the Carolina Panthers. Entering their game Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, Knowshon Moreno and Tim Tebow led the Broncos in rushing touchdowns, each with three.

Hillis is the first player this season with three rushing touchdowns in the first half. In the last 20 seasons, the only other Browns with three rushing TDs in a half are: Jerome Harrison last season (Dec. 20 at Chiefs, second half) and Jamal Lewis in 2007 (Nov. 4 vs Seahawks, second half).

Hillis has 11 rushing touchdowns this season. The only Browns with at least 11 rushing TDs in a season are Hall of Famers Jim Brown (five times) and Leroy Kelly (three times).

Hes the fourth player this season with three rushing touchdowns in a game (Darren McFadden, LeSean McCoy and Arian Foster are the others).

As for Quinn, he has yet to take a snap this season for the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13035/peytons-place-in-cleveland

broncosteven
11-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Peyton's place in Cleveland

This is turning out to be one of the more lopsided trades in recent history.

In March, the Denver Broncos traded running back Peyton Hillis to the Cleveland Browns for former first-round pick, QB Brady Quinn.

Hillis
On Sunday, Hillis rushed for three touchdowns -- all in the first half -- against the Carolina Panthers. Entering their game Sunday against the St. Louis Rams, Knowshon Moreno and Tim Tebow led the Broncos in rushing touchdowns, each with three.

Hillis is the first player this season with three rushing touchdowns in the first half. In the last 20 seasons, the only other Browns with three rushing TDs in a half are: Jerome Harrison last season (Dec. 20 at Chiefs, second half) and Jamal Lewis in 2007 (Nov. 4 vs Seahawks, second half).

Hillis has 11 rushing touchdowns this season. The only Browns with at least 11 rushing TDs in a season are Hall of Famers Jim Brown (five times) and Leroy Kelly (three times).

Hes the fourth player this season with three rushing touchdowns in a game (Darren McFadden, LeSean McCoy and Arian Foster are the others).

As for Quinn, he has yet to take a snap this season for the Broncos.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/13035/peytons-place-in-cleveland

Suddenly Hillis's name is being mentioned in the same sentence as Jim Brown.

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Suddenly Hillis's name is being mentioned in the same setence as Jim Brown.

who cares..He is dumb..

strafen
11-28-2010, 10:09 PM

Things are not looking good for McDaniels.
how much can a single person be exposed as a fraud and still keeps his job?!

broncosteven
11-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Things are not looking good for McDaniels.
how much can a single person be exposed as a fraud and still keeps his job?!

5 more games.

Requiem
11-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Hillis wouldn't have those numbers here, so people should stop crying over things that have come to pass.

Moreno has improved a lot over the last three games. I'm content with three scores and him averaging over 110+ YPG from scrimmage. We simply aren't going to ever pound the ball with him 25 times a game on a consistent basis. He is going to get close to 20 touches though, and he is making the most out of his opportunities.

Can't be mad at a guy who has ~ 800 yards and 7 touchdowns in 8 games this year. Impressive enough for me.

broncocalijohn
11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
3 TDs for Hillis..MCD YOU DUMB ****ER.GO TO HELL

It really doesnt matter. McD would have abandon the run before he had a chance at the 2nd and 3rd TD!

cabronco
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
who cares..He is dumb..

Yup and the dumb mfr is better than any rb we've had out there this year. McD should prolly get kicked to the curb just for that, but since he wasnt, P. Bowlens' got to kick across 50k for the hiring of him. But like calijohn said, McD cant run the ball long enough for a Hillis or any other to make that many TD's here. McPass.

broncocalijohn
11-29-2010, 12:41 AM
Suddenly Hillis's name is being mentioned in the same sentence as Jim Brown.

We can even it out when Quinn is mentioned in the same sentence as John Elway.

BroncoBuff
11-29-2010, 02:14 AM

Nice focus ... I read right past that.

cutthemdown
11-29-2010, 03:10 AM
I didn't think losing him a big deal. I thought Moreno was better and Hillis must have something wrong with him to be traded. I thought it was more Browns dumping Quinn and needing a player to get for it. I was really wrong obviously. I was right about Scheff though he is a pansy who gets injured every yr.

Props to all of you that called his immense talent. What can we say to those of you in that camp but yes sir from now on lol.

Hillis the type of power back that makes big plays you rarely see. He may be special and we blew it in a big way.

Oh well the Browns maybe got us back for some of those beatings.....even though they aren't those Browns, they are more the Ravens, who were the Browns, errrrr. Whatever Hillis is killing it and we stink. It stinks. You could smell a cat's ass and it would be an improvement.

mhgaffney
11-29-2010, 04:21 AM
Hillis wouldn't have those numbers here, so people should stop crying over things that have come to pass.

Moreno has improved a lot over the last three games. I'm content with three scores and him averaging over 110+ YPG from scrimmage. We simply aren't going to ever pound the ball with him 25 times a game on a consistent basis. He is going to get close to 20 touches though, and he is making the most out of his opportunities.

Can't be mad at a guy who has ~ 800 yards and 7 touchdowns in 8 games this year. Impressive enough for me.

Yes. But just think how much better Moreno would be -- with Hillis sharing the load -- and pounding the ball.

They would have been a perfect combo.

The fact McD let Hillis go..... words cannot express.

Gutless Drunk
11-29-2010, 08:38 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14368869/judgements-time-for-mcdaniels-to-hit-rocky-road

Five things I like

1. Peyton Hillis as an under-the-radar MVP. He runs. He catches. He blocks. And he scores a zillion TDs. If the Browns were better, Hillis would have support as a darkhorse MVP. I'm serious. The guy hasn't started every game this season, yet he has 11 touchdowns -- joining Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly as the only Browns to run for that many in one season ... and the season ain't over.

zdoor
11-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Everything about this trade sucks.... Wanted him to get a chance last year, as did many fans here and elsewhere... He showed promise in 2008 before his injury, once he had the chance.

It's over now though and rehashing it is just salt in the wound...

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Good Hillis article......

His hog-nosed facemask is unlike any in the NFL, just one of the many things separating Peyton Hillis from the pack of running backs. "It looks like it has tusks," Hillis says in a distinct, Southern twang in describing the unique cage that protects the face of this football-crazed city's newest star. "It brings me back to my college days at Arkansas. It's ugly, but I like it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/7319452.html

bowtown
12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/4/45270/1289119-this_thread_again_super.jpg

Inkana7
12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
The funny thing is that the Browns are only one game better than us despite having Der Ubermensch at RB.

Requiem
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
If the Browns were "better" and had viable options on their offense besides Hillis, the production and filtering through him would not be happening.

Taco John
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
The funny thing is that the Browns are only one game better than us despite having Der Ubermensch at RB.

The not funny thing is that the Browns are actually one game better than us...

Taco John
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
If the Browns were "better" and had viable options on their offense besides Hillis, the production and filtering through him would not be happening.

This is a knock?

WolfpackGuy
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Have you guys seen the Browns schedule?

Nice try.

Denver might've won last week against the Panthers.

broncocalijohn
12-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Maybe it is the fact that without Hillis, we are one game behind Cleveland!

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM

What does that have to do with anything? Look at the season Brandon Lloyd is having, he should be a pro-bowler and so should Peyton Hillis. Are you saying our sorry season should reflect on Lloyd? Tarnish the season he is having?

Pendejo
12-01-2010, 03:15 PM
This is a knock?

Knock or not...it was an asinine statement.

Killericon
12-01-2010, 03:21 PM
This thread is everything that is wrong with sports. And humanity.

bendog
12-01-2010, 03:26 PM
This thread is everything that is wrong with sports. And humanity.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F54rqDh2mWA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F54rqDh2mWA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
Knock or not...it was an asinine statement.

Ditto's on the asinine, but you must remember Requiem is just a kid playing on the internet.....

strafen
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Have you guys seen the Browns schedule?

Nice try.

Denver might've won last week against the Panthers.
I see what you did there...
99.9999% of the teams in the NFL would've won against the Rams at home.
Er...wait!

strafen
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Ditto's on the asinine, but you must remember Requiem is just a kid playing on the internet.....He's part of the herd...

strafen
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
If the Browns were "better" and had viable options on their offense besides Hillis, the production and filtering through him would not be happening.Like pretty much like with Lloyd, you mean?

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 03:42 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F54rqDh2mWA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F54rqDh2mWA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What's amazing is most of the passengers and crew survived

bendog
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
What's amazing is most of the passengers and crew survived

yes and I'll prolly live through McD.

Inkana7
12-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Like pretty much like with Lloyd, you mean?

Hillis has 245 touches this season. Brandon Lloyd has 58, which is only 4 more than Gaffney. That's not an accurate comparison at all.

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
yes and I'll prolly live through McD.

But will we survive without Hillis..........;D

go_broncos
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Mcd..Why did you trade Hillis??..
The day you traded Hillis started your downfall and it will end you being fired.

frerottenextelway
12-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Peyton Hillis?

TheReverend
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Peyton Hillis?

Who?

Never heard of him.

colonelbeef
12-01-2010, 04:25 PM

You could say the same thing about Orton and Lloyd.

epicSocialism4tw
12-01-2010, 04:30 PM
This thread is the seminal McD-era thread up to this point.

colonelbeef
12-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Hillis has 245 touches this season. Brandon Lloyd has 58, which is only 4 more than Gaffney. That's not an accurate comparison at all.

Really dude?

We are comparing production- nobody said that WRs and RBs have similar touches.

Inkana7
12-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Really dude?

We are comparing production- nobody said that WRs and RBs have similar touches.

Uh...

Like pretty much like with Lloyd, you mean?

Sounds like he was.

Kaylore
12-01-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm curious what go_broncos' opinion on Hillis is.

colonelbeef
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Uh...

Sounds like he was.

wow, you really don't understand the comparison?

You:this comparison in inflated production

as

Poops:Understanding football

Popps
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
This thread is the seminal McD-era thread up to this point.

109 pages for a thread that simply asked why the guy wasn't seeing more touches for us.

"Again, I think Hillis has the physical tools to be productive, but this was an interesting read, if for no other reason... the detail it includes."
(OP)

Funny how time has a way of morphing reality into... someone "hates" Peyton Hillis.

Inkana7
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM
wow, you really don't understand the comparison?

You:this comparison in inflated production

as

Poops:Understanding football

Yes, Requiem said the production was inflated due to Cleveland feeding him the ball every other play. The poster I replied to said the same was true for Lloyd. However, Lloyd has only 4 more catches than the guy behind him, making that point moot.

You really do suck.

epicSocialism4tw
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
109 pages for a thread that simply asked why the guy wasn't seeing more touches for us.

"Again, I think Hillis has the physical tools to be productive, but this was an interesting read, if for no other reason... the detail it includes."
(OP)

Funny how time has a way of morphing reality into... someone "hates" Peyton Hillis.

It encapsulates the McD era on the orangemane.

frerottenextelway
12-01-2010, 06:06 PM

(OP)

This might be the greatest thread in OM history. 10 years from now this thread will still be talked about, assuming it's still not in the front page then.

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes, Requiem said the production was inflated due to Cleveland feeding him the ball every other play. The poster I replied to said the same was true for Lloyd. However, Lloyd has only 4 more catches than the guy behind him, making that point moot.

You really do suck.

I think the point he was trying to make by bringing in Lloyd was to show how stupid the post by Requiem was....:~ohyah!:

SouthStndJunkie
12-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Peyton Hillis has 905 yards rushing and 11 rushing TDs and 46 receptions for 414 yards and 2 receiving TDs.

He is on the cusp of becoming the first white RB to gain 1,000 rushing yards in a season since Craig James ran for 1,227 yards in 1985.

Pony Boy
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Peyton Hillis has 905 yards rushing and 11 rushing TDs and 46 receptions for 414 yards and 2 receiving TDs.

He is on the cusp of becoming the first white RB to gain 1,000 rushing yards in a season since Craig James ran for 1,227 yards in 1985.

I bet he could play corner too, we really need a white corner in the NFL

Karenin
12-01-2010, 06:30 PM

The first white RB, and the 432nd RB overall. Why is it that nobody talks about the fact that he is a mediocre RB, having a mediocre season? Oh yea, because he's white.

Gort
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM
so, this thread in summary after 2700+ posts is:

people who think Hillis sucked and that we pulled the wool over Cleveland's eyes by getting them to take this player off our hands:

- Popps.

people who think that McD screwed the pooch and never gave Hillis a chance:

- everybody else in the whole world.

is that pretty much it? did i cover it?

broncosteven
12-01-2010, 07:04 PM

people who think Hillis sucked and that we pulled the wool over Cleveland's eyes by getting them to take this player off our hands:

- Popps.

I met some old work buddies for lunch today here in Chicago and all they could talk about was how mCd screwed the pooch on Hillis and they couldn't understand how mCd got no value for him.

At least we didn't have to talk about how well duh bears were doing but I could have done without the spying on the great Mike Singletary conversation, that kinda hurt.

tnedator
12-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Good Hillis article......

His hog-nosed facemask is unlike any in the NFL, just one of the many things separating Peyton Hillis from the pack of running backs. "It looks like it has tusks," Hillis says in a distinct, Southern twang in describing the unique cage that protects the face of this football-crazed city's newest star. "It brings me back to my college days at Arkansas. It's ugly, but I like it."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/football/7319452.html

Yea, I've noticed him wearing the Razorback looking farcemasks for several weeks now. It's cool looking, since he was a former Hawg.

tnedator
12-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Want to feel like you were punched in the gut? Watch this highlight reel. Having watched all but two of the Brown's games (I watched parts of those), this is just a handful of his big plays.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QrRLdULW4&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QrRLdULW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Popps
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM

- Popps.

Wow, you can't possibly be that blind or stupid.

Did you even bother to read the OP? Were you aware that I was one of, if not the first to call for him to be the starter at tailback? Do you read at all?

As has been pointed out... this is why this place is becoming so useless. People either can't read, or won't read... and so you're having a debate with them about something that doesn't exist.

Then the question becomes, do they KNOW they're telling lies and just doing it because that gives them pleasure, or are they so gullible that they believe something a troll read without doing the proper research themselves?

Either way, just another example of the degradation of the Mane.

Popps
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Want to feel like you were punched in the gut?

I'd say being a Browns fan feels like being punched in the gut, enough.

Popps
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I met some old work buddies for lunch today here in Chicago and all they could talk about was how mCd screwed the pooch on Hillis and they couldn't understand how mCd got no value for him..

Did your friends talk about making a near Pro-Bowl player out of Orton, or a definite Pro Bowl player out of Lloyd?

Maybe you could mention that the next time your friends are hurting your feelings.

Or, you could just ask them the last time the Bears won anything.

Popps
12-01-2010, 07:35 PM
It encapsulates the McD era on the orangemane.

And then "JohnGalt" proves my point about 3 posts later.

He creates an imaginary argument that no one actually ever said, and argues with his own imaginary argument as if that's accomplishing something.

I've never understood why people would want to debate fictional arguments.

Maybe that's what you do when you can't discuss the real issues.

zdoor
12-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I met some old work buddies for lunch today here in Chicago and all they could talk about was how mCd screwed the pooch on Hillis and they couldn't understand how mCd got no value for him.

At least we didn't have to talk about how well duh bears were doing but I could have done without the spying on the great Mike Singletary conversation, that kinda hurt.

I get **** all the time about it from Faider fans too.... **** em...

Popps
12-01-2010, 07:38 PM
I get **** all the time about it from Faider fans too.... **** em...

:rofl:

Again... those situations are easily diffused.

Now, if a Patriots fan was insulting you... you might have to be more creative.

But, a Raiders fan? That's laughable. Tell them to worry about selling out their stadium before they worry about our trades.

Requiem
12-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I think the point he was trying to make by bringing in Lloyd was to show how stupid the post by Requiem was....:~ohyah!:

Why was it a stupid post? It is something you nor anyone else for that matter can refute.

If the Browns had any decent receivers on their roster, Hillis would not receive the amount of targets in the passing game he does, nor would he have as many touches overall. It is not a balanced offense, which equates to inflated production. It is a simple game of numbers.

Lloyd has 58 catches for 1,122 yards on 108 targets.

Gaffney has 54 catches for 665 yards on 87 targets.

Royal has 51 catches for 552 yards on 79 targets.

Peyton Hillis has 245 touches and has his production. He has also been thrown to 58 times, more than any other receiver on his team. How often is it that a running back is the most targeted receiver on the team? I can't think of many instances of that happening.

The Cleveland Browns have had 660 offensive plays. 258 of them have been directed at Hillis. That is 39% of their offense being thrown towards one guy, almost 40% -- a staggering number.

Compare that to Brandon Lloyd (since someone brought him up) and his 108 play directions out of 708 account for 15% of our play calls.

Not even remotely close in comparison. 24-25 point difference in percentage is quite huge. Though, it might have been more apt to compare touches to another running back, rather than a receiver for arguments sake -- as if you guys had one to begin with anyways.

Good luck on bouncing the ball back this way. You will need it.

zdoor
12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
:rofl:

Again... those situations are easily diffused.

Now, if a Patriots fan was insulting you... you might have to be more creative.

But, a Raiders fan? That's laughable. Tell them to worry about selling out their stadium before they worry about our trades.

Oh I do... Still irritates me every time I have to defend it... But ce le vie...

zdoor
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Why was it a stupid post? It is something you nor anyone else for that matter can refute.

If the Browns had any decent receivers on their roster, Hillis would not receive the amount of targets in the passing game he does, nor would he have as many touches overall. It is not a balanced offense, which equates to inflated production. It is a simple game of numbers.

Lloyd has 58 catches for 1,122 yards on 108 targets.

Gaffney has 54 catches for 665 yards on 87 targets.

Royal has 51 catches for 552 yards on 79 targets.

Peyton Hillis has 245 touches and has his production. He has also been thrown to 58 times, more than any other receiver on his team. How often is it that a running back is the most targeted receiver on the team? I can't think of many instances of that happening.

The Cleveland Browns have had 660 offensive plays. 258 of them have been directed at Hillis. That is 39% of their offense being thrown towards one guy, almost 40% -- a staggering number.

Compare that to Brandon Lloyd (since someone brought him up) and his 108 play directions out of 708 account for 15% of our play calls.

Not even remotely close in comparison. 24-25 point difference in percentage is quite huge. Though, it might have been more apt to compare touches to another running back, rather than a receiver for arguments sake -- as if you guys had one to begin with anyways.

Good luck on bouncing the ball back this way. You will need it.

Your argument is valid but what it also points to is he is the most talented offensive threat on his team... Just sayin...

misturanderson
12-01-2010, 07:54 PM

- Popps.

You forgot the people that think that, while Hillis is having a very good (not great) year in cleveland, he had a terrible year last year here and it wasn't completely unjustified at the time (before Tebow was drafted, before Hillis proved that he could play well for more than 3 games in a row) that we traded him for a seemingly solid backup QB with 2 late round picks thrown in.

We got the bad end of that deal, Miami got the bad end of the Marshall deal, the Chicago deal is slightly up in the air, but I would argue that we got the better of that deal as well despite it not showing up in our record. Good AND bad deals happen to all teams. There have been much, much worse deals made than this one.

Unfortunately our owner gave our HC personnel control so when he doesn't think a player fits his vision, he gets to trade him.

Peyton Hillis bought his spot on the bench last year by sucking when he got chances, if he had taken advantage of his early chances, I'm sure his role in the offense would have been expanded. He is also in an ideal situation in cleveland, good for him hopefully he continues to improve. Whining about it won't bring him back.

Requiem
12-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Your argument is valid but what it also points to is he is the most talented offensive threat on his team... Just sayin...

Of course he is, the rest of the offensive talent around him sucks and are ineffective, which is why he is given the ball so much. Put Hillis on a team at least one viable option at any skill position and he isn't going to put up the numbers he is.

Just think of Knowshon Moreno had 40% of the touches for this team. I'm sure his numbers would be Pro-Bowl caliber too.

At 22% of our teams touches, he has 773 yards and 7 scores. Not too shabby. He has come on strong as of late and has made the most of his opportunities for the most part.

So people can pine Hillis all they want, but it is as clear as day that in our offensive system or any other where there is some balance he isn't going to be putting up those numbers. Not at all.

Taco John
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Want to feel like you were punched in the gut? Watch this highlight reel. Having watched all but two of the Brown's games (I watched parts of those), this is just a handful of his big plays.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QrRLdULW4&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QrRLdULW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Josh McDaniels is a talent moron.