PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

baja
11-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Sunday is approaching..Be afraid Mcd lovers..Hillis is going to rush more than 100 yards again.

Who needs rival fans when we got go_broncos.

BTW, _ (underscore) = down so this means your handle is go down broncos which about sizes up you position so good name choice dude.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
11-13-2010, 12:40 PM

BTW, _ (underscore) = down so this means your handle is go down broncos which about sizes up you position so good name choice dude.

You don't get it. This guy is Lane Kuffin. McDummy is destroying this team. We all love love this team. We just don't like where Mcdumbass is taking it.

go_broncos
11-13-2010, 01:33 PM

it's sad that you criticize me instead of the coach that is ruining the team.
We are a joke after he became our coach.

Just keep thinking we are going in right direction..

baja
11-13-2010, 02:08 PM
it's sad that you criticize me instead of the coach that is ruining the team.
We are a joke after he became our coach.

Just keep thinking we are going in right direction..

I don't happen to think the coach is ruining the team.

That is one of the differences between you and I.

Even if I thought he was I would still reserve my judgment of him until at least the end of the season. Like one poster said when you undertake a complete philosophical change in the make up of the team it takes time.

Here is his post I think he says it very well right here;

Originally Posted by Pseudofool
This. I know what the record is and even still I find it absurd that posters here doubt the integrity of the coach or the team. Such people, I hope, will juggle and backstep like the clowns they are--and if the system of instilling hard working, decent people (go blue collar) doesn't work--and it hurts to say this--I'm not sure I'm much of a fan anymore (25 years). The notion of integrity has spoiled me, and I'd rather root for Tebow than Phillip Rivers any day of the week (and the bible makes me cringe).

Culture changes take time if they are done right (is there a harder road from shallowness/selfishness to integrity/selflessness)--keep faith brothers, friends.

Popps
11-13-2010, 02:54 PM
That is one of the differences between you and I.

The difference is, you=fan. He=troll.

Put the trash on ignore, dude. For god's sakes.

go_broncos
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
The difference is, you=fan. He=troll.

Put the trash on ignore, dude. For god's sakes.

you ****ing piece of ****. go **** yourself..

you = Mcd's fan.. me = bronco fan..

keep supporting that ****ing coach.

vancejohnson82
11-13-2010, 03:04 PM

you = Mcd's fan.. me = bronco fan..

keep supporting that ****ing coach.

wow...so now we separate fans on the basis of liking the coach....you, my idiot fellow poster, are borderline retarded

Archer81
11-13-2010, 03:53 PM

you = Broncos fan.. me = go_Bears_go_Lions_go_Dolphins_go_Browns_go_Redskin s fan..

Fixed it for you.

PS.

You are still a ****tard...

PPS.

...Sprinkled with the dried jizz of retarded unicorns.

:Broncos:

Dedhed
11-13-2010, 04:16 PM
We all love love this team. We just don't like where Mcdumbass is taking it.
That's what is SO annoying.

The McDaniels haters are ignorant enough to think they know more about what it takes to build a franchise than the people who are paid to do it and have experience doing it.

It's the same idiots who question play calls and actually believe they could do a better job. I don't care if you're ignorant enough to think that, but if you bring that ignorance to a public forum you deserve every ounce of ridicule you receive.

fontaine
11-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Wait till we have to spend another draft pick next year on a RB while Maroney is allowed to go.

I'll bet this thread cracks 200.

footstepsfrom#27
11-13-2010, 05:24 PM

The McDaniels haters are ignorant enough to think they know more about what it takes to build a franchise than the people who are paid to do it and have experience doing it.

It's the same idiots who question play calls and actually believe they could do a better job. I don't care if you're ignorant enough to think that, but if you bring that ignorance to a public forum you deserve every ounce of ridicule you receive.
This whole internet/discussion board thing seems to have eluded you for some reason.

Homer Simpson
11-13-2010, 05:38 PM

I disagree with the 1st part, I don't think I could do a better job but going for 20 to 40 yards on 3rd down when you need 7 was driving me crazy against the 49ers and other weeks. And this is a discussion board here.

frerottenextelway
11-13-2010, 05:53 PM
What does everyone think of Peyton Hillis?

Popps
11-13-2010, 06:13 PM

http://www.lolcatpics.com/images/interesting.jpg

baja
11-13-2010, 06:15 PM

Nobody's talking

Homer Simpson
11-13-2010, 06:18 PM

Who is this Hillis you guys are talking about? He won the Fields medal in applied mathematics right?

baja
11-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Who is this Hillis you guys are talking about? He won the Fields medal in applied mathematics right?

Is this him?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Daniel_Hillis

Homer Simpson
11-14-2010, 10:39 AM
*coughs*

Excuse me.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:40 AM
TD Hillis...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Deqwel Jackson just blew up Hillis in practice again.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Well..Mr Mcd..you suck in evaluating talent.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
*coughs*

Excuse me.

Thanks for bumping this thread.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:45 AM

I heard that we had a good practice this week..Moreno ran for 150 yards against our defense.

CEH
11-14-2010, 10:45 AM

Do you have video of this? I really need to see one play in a practice to readjust my thinking about Hillis. My eyes are lying to me on Sundays

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Do you have video of this? I really need to see one play in a practice to readjust my thinking about Hillis. My eyes are lying to me on Sundays

yes..i remember popps posted it when we are about to trade Hillis.
you can get that video in youtube.

Popps
11-14-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm glad the cackling hens have a place to meet on Sundays.

You old ladies should play Bingo or something.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
It's the reason Mctoughersmarter was right about Hillass.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 10:51 AM

I'm more partial to bunko

rbackfactory80
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Popps you started this mess. Now you should do whats right and pull the plug. Hillis should not be the hottest thread ever on the mane.

Popps
11-14-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm more partial to bunko

Hilarious!

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Hillis is getting atleast 4-5 yards/carry...Our offense would have benefited having him in the team..

Popps
11-14-2010, 10:59 AM
He is destroying the Jets today, great line or not.

Fun to watch.

ro_50
Remember, McDaniels has a master plan :>

WolfpackGuy
Hillis is getting atleast 4-5 yards/carry...Our offense would have benefited having him in the team..

Blah, too stupid.

Who needs that kind of production to keep defenses honest with the unstoppable Broncos aerial attack?

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:01 AM
McCoy is also looking like a nice pick-up for them.

loborugger
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Hillis is a fumbler. He did get a TD, but he also coughed up the ball.

If you look at the Pats model, fumblers are not wanted. Seems pretty simple why Hillis was sent off. And its too bad, too, because Hillis looks a stud & better than anything we currently have.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 11:03 AM
The Browns are playing the best football in the league right now. Their game is centered on the play of Hillis. But at least we have Quinn.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Hillis -- 10 Att 60 Yards..

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM

If you look at the Pats model, fumblers are not wanted. Seems pretty simple why Hillis was sent off. And its too bad, too, because Hillis looks a stud & better than anything we currently have.

If we learn the basic art of blocking and opening holes, I guarantee you our offense will be fine.

Until then, Walter Payton wouldn't help our team much.

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:05 AM
The Browns are playing the best football in the league right now. Their game is centered on the play of Hillis. But at least we have Quinn.

100 more posts about it, buddy. That'll make him come back. :)

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 11:05 AM

Moreno also fumbles a lot..We have a team that commits penalities on every drive.
Is this patriots model?.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 11:06 AM
If we learn the basic art of blocking and opening holes, I guarantee you our offense will be fine.

Until then, Walter Payton wouldn't help our team much.

It's the whole talent evaluator problem. How do you expect to get any better when the guy in charge is this retarded?

WolfpackGuy
11-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Moreno fumbles when hardly being touched.

Hillis usually has 2 or 3 guys hanging on him when he coughs it up.

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM
It's the whole talent evaluator problem. How do you expect to get any better when the guy in charge is this retarded?

Again, Shanahan never played him until he had to, either... particularly as a starting RB.

Mangina had him buried behind other RB's when the season opened.

I guess everyone is retarded.

The bottom line is... Hillis looks crappy in practice and great with the ball in his hands. So, that's going to be a difficult situation for most coaches to navigate. (As shown by Shanahan not giving him carries until injury FORCED him to.)

McD isn't retarded, but the criticism is going to come... deservedly. All he has to do is get our running game on track, and this will be a moot point.

Cleveland is 3-5, by the way.

rbackfactory80
11-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Hillis is a beast, no question. McDaniels had deeper issues with Hillis, he knew what he could do. There is a piece missing from the puzzle that we, the fans, don't know.

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:15 AM
People should be more upset that we can't open a single running lane than they should about dumping Hillis.

bowtown
11-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Cleveland's oline is the real deal. Huge lanes for hillis and tons of time for mccoy.

misturanderson
11-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Hyperbole much? He got rid of one player that played like **** last year under his watch that is doing extremely well elsewhere and one that is doing pretty well. It also requires a fallacious leap of logic that Hillis and Smith would be doing as well here, behind our lines, as they are in their current situations, which they clearly would not.

The biggest moves he has made to "ship out talent" (Cutler and Marshall) proved to be great moves in hindsight. Their replacements are doing at least as well as them for significantly less money.

Every other one of these moves that people are b****ing and moaning about didn't look that bad at the time of the trades. "Oh noes, look how good these guys are doing on a new team in a different scheme. How could we ever trade them after how ****ty they played for us last year? Josh McDaniels hates talented players!"

Homer Simpson
11-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Hillis is a beast, no question. McDaniels had deeper issues with Hillis, he knew what he could do. There is a piece missing from the puzzle that we, the fans, don't know.

That should end the thread. It won't, as many of the "male" posters here seem to have vaginas.

But it should.

frerottenextelway
11-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Better Peyton?

Peyton Hills
Peyton Manning
Sean Peyton
Or Walter Payton?

Homer Simpson
11-14-2010, 11:26 AM
People should be more upset that we can't open a single running lane than they should about dumping Hillis.

From what I have learned, posters here would be pretty angry if Moreno did well.

misturanderson
11-14-2010, 11:28 AM
McDaniels had deeper issues with Hillis, he knew what he could do.

Did he though?

He had a guy that had what, 3 good games his rookie year? A guy that by all indications isn't the greatest practice player. And a guy that **** the bed every gametime opportunity he had under McDaniels.

How was he supposed to know "what he could do"?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 11:32 AM
He was terrible in punt coverage and kick returns last year. Moreno was much better.

Gutless Drunk
11-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Did he though?

He had a guy that had what, 3 good games his rookie year? A guy that by all indications isn't the greatest practice player. And a guy that **** the bed every gametime opportunity he had under McDaniels.

by giving him more than 13 carries?

Homer Simpson
11-14-2010, 11:33 AM
He was terrible in punt coverage and kick returns last year. Moreno was much better.

You are a very bitter and angry poster. Perhaps this game isn't for you, it will have it's ups and downs.

rbackfactory80
11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Did he though?

Don't kid yourself with the he wasn't a great practice player BS. McDaniels extensively went through every carry Hillis ever had and if every Tom, Dick, and Harry on the Mane thought Hillis had potential, he saw it too.

misturanderson
11-14-2010, 11:35 AM
by giving him more than 13 carries?
Why would a guy that is worse in practice than the other guy and who ****s up every time he has an opportunity in the first 3 games get a bunch more opportunities? No coach is going to let that player out of his dog house.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Did he though?

How many chances was he given??
Moreno keeps fumbling the ball..We have a team that commits atleast one penality on each drive..
We have players like R.quinn,A.smith(before he was traded) and Moss that plays though they make mistakes.
Worst traded made by Mcd.He screwed our team.

In return, we got quinn that sucks.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Why would a guy that is worse in practice than the other guy and who ****s up every time he has an opportunity in the first 3 games get a bunch more opportunities? No coach is going to let that player out of his dog house.

It's cool bro. We got a great deal for the worst practice player. This team is going places too. Tougher and smarter.

Pony Boy
11-14-2010, 11:38 AM

misturanderson
11-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Don't kid yourself with the he wasn't a great practice player BS. McDaniels extensively went through every carry Hillis ever had and if every Tom, Dick, and Harry on the Mane thought Hillis had potential he saw it to.

How am I kidding myself? 3 coaches have kept him on the bench until he showed up in games that he was only in due to injury. You think that's a good indication that he practices well, or is it just that all of those white coaches are racist against whites? There is far more indication that he is sucks ass at practice than that he does even moderately well.

I thought Hillis had tons of potential until I saw him suck it up in games last year. Then I came to the conclusion that maybe he was just a one-hit (or should it have been three-hit) wonder. I was wrong as was McD, but I don't think Hillis would be having an appreciable positive effect on our running game this year, so I'm not going to complain non-stop about something that can't be undone.

I will also defend the decision that was made at the time because Hillis didn't do **** for us last year and there was no reason not to trade him. It looks terrible in hindsight, because Quinn isn't doing **** and Hillis is tearing it up, but it didn't at the time the trade was made.

I won't defend the trade of Alphonso Smith because that was idiotic.

WolfpackGuy
11-14-2010, 11:42 AM
All I know is when you give him the ball in games, he produces.

End of story.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 11:42 AM
How am I kidding myself? 3 coaches have kept him on the bench until he showed up in games that he was only in due to injury. You think that's a good indication that he practices well, or is it just that all of those white coaches are racist against whites? There is far more indication that he is sucks ass at practice than that he does even moderately well.

I thought Hillis had tons of potential until I saw him suck it up in games last year. Then I came to the conclusion that maybe he was just a one-hit (or should it have been three-hit) wonder. I was wrong as was McD, but I don't think Hillis would be having an appreciable positive effect on our running game this year, so I'm not going to complain non-stop about something that can't be undone.

Mcd is going to be fired eventually as he couldn't replace Hillis.

Popps
11-14-2010, 11:47 AM
How am I kidding myself? 3 coaches have kept him on the bench until he showed up in games that he was only in due to injury.

Look dude, none of those coaches know as much as "Mad Orange Mane Guy."

Any poster on this thread could be coaching a pro team if they wanted to.

Beyond that, these bitchy posters have never made a mistake or failed prediction regarding football.

They know best... just sit back and learn.

RaiderH8r
11-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Moreno-Weeks 1-9: 76 carries for 252yds, 2 TDs and 1 fumble
Hillis-Week 3 @ BAL: 22 carries for 144yds, 1 TD and 0 fumbles
or the route Hillis single handedly put on NE do it for ya? 29 carries for 184yds, 2TDs and 1 fumble.

Christ, Hillis' game against the Pats alone is an improvement on our entire running game this entire season so to say he'd have no appreciable positive effect on this everlasting turdstopper McKid rolls out week to week is just homerism at its finest. Which is fine but don't piss on my shoes and tell me its raining. Right now a feces hurling monkey could put together a better running game than this Broncos club. In short, anything would be an improvement at this point. And what did we get in return for all of this? Brady f'ing Quinn.

RaiderH8r
11-14-2010, 11:57 AM

Beyond that, these b****y posters have never made a mistake or failed prediction regarding football.

Hell yeah I could. I guarantee I could put together a better running game than McKid has for god damned sure. No doubt. Call Pat and tell him you've got his man for the job. Get it done.

WolfpackGuy
Scheme, playcalling, backs, etc.

The Broncos running game sucks in all phases.

misturanderson

Beyond that, these b****y posters have never made a mistake or failed prediction regarding football.

I just don't understand the immensely popular meme going around these days that McDaniels can't evaluate talent. He's made what, 3 poor trades and 1 bad free agency pickup? Out of how many? I mean the guy had to completely rebuild the ****ing defense, it doesn't happen in 1 year (and yes I know that he needs to start drafting for the defensive line, but that isn't going to fix anything the year the players are drafted).

And after some of the rookies from last year actually got a shot to LEARN TO PLAY IN THE NFL, they don't look like the epic busts that everyone was proclaiming that they were last year. It sucks that most of them have been injured at least once this year, and some of the picks were pretty bad (like there are for every team), but those injuries weren't forseeable and he wasn't picking chronically injured players.

If people want to get on him for doing a bad job of replacing coaches that he lost in the offseason then by all means I won't disagree (though I don't believe that any of the coaches leaving were his fault). But the insane ranting about talent evaluation that seems to be lead by the epic toolbag himself, Cecil Lammey,is getting irritating as ****.

mhgaffney
11-14-2010, 12:50 PM
The denial around is here unbelievable.

It's so deep you can't penetrate it with facts.

But I will try one more time. Here are the facts.

Hillis ran for 184 yards on 29 carries against NE -- and scored two TDs --

Cleveland trounced NE.

Get it now?

You say: Hillis is dumb as rocks. Hillis is a fumbler. Hillis can't practice. yada yada Who cares?

It's all nonsense. The guy shows up on game days. He has the stuff. He doesn't even need blockers.

McDoof has some explaining to do -- but don't hold your breath.

Popps
11-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Hell yeah I could. I guarantee I could put together a better running game than McKid has for god damned sure. No doubt. Call Pat and tell him you've got his man for the job. Get it done.

I'm meeting him for happy hour in a bit. Will let him know.

Popps
11-14-2010, 12:52 PM
I just don't understand the immensely popular meme going around these days that McDaniels can't evaluate talent. He's made what, 3 poor trades and 1 bad free agency pickup?

Well of course, dude. All good moves will be ignored.

Any bad move will be magnified.

What else are the old hags around here going to do with their time?

RaiderH8r
11-14-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm meeting him for happy hour in a bit. Will let him know.

Worst case I can't do any worse and I can do it for 25% less than what he's paying McKid.

Popps
11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Browns 3-6, now.

Clearly Mangina is the next Vince Lombardi.

go_broncos
11-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Browns 3-6, now.

Clearly Mangina is the next Vince Lombardi.

We are not talking about the record..This thread is about hillis and he is certainly contributing.

Homer Simpson
11-14-2010, 02:48 PM
We are not talking about the record..This thread is about hillis and he is certainly contributing.

Peyton Hillis, "the Avalanche" as he's known is an excellent RB and I wish we hadn't traded him.

However, we did. And we are Broncos fans no? So let it go bro. You come over as a jilted lover.

montrose
11-14-2010, 08:48 PM
PostBroncos Spencer Larsen said he's been watching Peyton Hillis, is trying to emulate Hillis' style. "That was cool," Larsen said about his 10-yd run.

Pony Boy
11-14-2010, 09:05 PM
PostBroncos Spencer Larsen said he's been watching Peyton Hillis, is trying to emulate Hillis' style. "That was cool," Larsen said about his 10-yd run.

The thought of Hillis and Tebow in the same backfield gives me goose bumps......:strong:

Garcia Bronco
11-15-2010, 06:17 AM
I swear I saw that horse move.

colonelbeef
11-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Gets worse with every week. Hillis is drawing comparisons to Larry Czonka regularly now.

You don't trade a Shanahan drafted back without giving him a healthy look first. So dumb.

go_broncos
11-15-2010, 07:05 AM
It will take forever for Mcd to replace Hillis.
CLE could have won the game had Mangini utilized Hillis properly.

bendog
11-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Csonka? No. lol

Homer Simpson
11-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Gets worse with every week. Hillis is drawing comparisons to Larry Czonka regularly now.

You don't trade a Shanahan drafted back without giving him a healthy look first. So dumb.

Some of us found a way to enjoy yesterday.

bendog
11-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Some of us found a way to enjoy yesterday.

I had to spin to the early games of Chi-Minny and Mia-Tenn. I watched part of the Pelican Brief and a freaking Harry Potter movie! (-:

NUB
11-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Goddammit.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVOF6LTGr5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVOF6LTGr5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

broncocalijohn
11-16-2010, 12:30 AM
Goddammit.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVOF6LTGr5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVOF6LTGr5s?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I thought he only scores with big holes in front of him that big rigs can go through? At least that what Popps told us.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-16-2010, 07:53 AM
And he leads all running backs in fumbles!!!! There's nothing he can't do!!
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAvWHa1BpMc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object></object>

Pony Boy
11-16-2010, 09:26 AM
And he leads all running backs in fumbles!!!! There's nothing he can't do!!

Yep, kind of reminds me of what a great skier once told me..." If you aint fallin you aint skiing, anyone can traverse down a ski slope and not fall"

If you are running hard and fighting for yards you are going to fumble every now and then....... just ask Adrian Peterson.

Ray Finkle
11-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep, kind of reminds me of what a great skier once told me..." If you aint fallin you aint skiing, anyone can traverse down a ski slope and not fall"

If you are running hard and fighting for yards you are going to fumble every now and then....... just ask Adrian Peterson.

Great RB's don't cough up the ball....fighting for yards at the cost of ball protection is stupid.

Popps
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Moreno out-rushed him on Sunday.

Amazing what a little blocking can do for a guy.

Man-Goblin
11-16-2010, 10:01 AM
LOL @ this page of this thread.

Hillis is a hall of famer
It will take years to replace Hillis
larsennexthillis

go_broncos
11-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Good for Larsen..
We would have definitely won few more games if Hillis is our RB.

Pony Boy
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Great RB's don't cough up the ball....fighting for yards at the cost of ball protection is stupid.

I would consider these backs great and they are all considered fumblers....

Adrian Peterson 2.0 fumble percentage
Walter Payton 2.0%
Franco Harris 2.8%
Tiki Barber 1.9%
Emmit Smith 1.2%

Hillis so far in his short carreer 1.75%

TheReverend
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
I thought he only scores with big holes in front of him that big rigs can go through? At least that what Popps told us.

He also only used one play as a reference and just took different angles so it looked like different plays.

broncocalijohn
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I would consider these backs great and they are all considered fumblers....

Adrian Peterson 2.0 fumble percentage
Walter Payton 2.0%
Franco Harris 2.8%
Tiki Barber 1.9%
Emmit Smith 1.2%

Hillis so far in his short but great career 1.75%

Your quote needed a fine tuning.

Smilin Assassin
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Larsen & Hillis both remind me of Ed McCaffrey...

Popps
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
He also only used one play as a reference and just took different angles so it looked like different plays.

Wrong, pouty.

Check the video of the Ravens game.

In fact, check the video of the Patriots game.

Same last week.

Massive, gaping holes to run through on 80% of his runs.

Am I saying that's a bad thing? Of course not.

Am I saying Hillis can't run after contact? Of course not. Only an idiot would pull that from what I'm saying.

What I AM saying, is that until this week... Moreno had no space to run through. This week he HAD space, and out-rushed Hillis, easily.

You boys can keep creating straw-men, or you can actually look at what I'm saying for face value.

Never said Hillis couldn't run after contact. What an idiotic thing to extract from a post praising Hillis' offensive line.

Popps
11-16-2010, 03:35 PM
By the way, is Hillis back in Denver yet?

Just wondering if the collective pout-off has made him come back yet?

tnedator
11-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Wrong, pouty.

Check the video of the Ravens game.

In fact, check the video of the Patriots game.

Same last week.

Massive, gaping holes to run through on 80% of his runs.

Am I saying that's a bad thing? Of course not.

Am I saying Hillis can't run after contact? Of course not. Only an idiot would pull that from what I'm saying.

What I AM saying, is that until this week... Moreno had no space to run through. This week he HAD space, and out-rushed Hillis, easily.

You boys can keep creating straw-men, or you can actually look at what I'm saying for face value.

Never said Hillis couldn't run after contact. What an idiotic thing to extract from a post praising Hillis' offensive line.

Football outsiders addressed this. The line is actually rated average at best, while Hillis among the best Their conclusion, it isn't the line.

For confirmation, look at the production of the other 4 or so RBs that the Browns have used. Last week against NE, Hillis had the 184, the other backs were something like 15 yards on 11 carries.

Homer Simpson
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Those defending the trade, look at the numbers, he's a good player we shouldn't have let go.

Those whining about the trade, let it go, you are acting like a bunch of women.

Popps
11-16-2010, 04:11 PM
Football outsiders addressed this..

Yea, you could use "football outsiders," or just your eyes... and look at the huge holes he's running through.

Comparing him to a back that's had 8 total carries or something is also futile.

Again, if you people want to think RB's run like he is with no help... live the fantasy.

But, you might want to ask yourself how he's going untouched for the first 4 yards of half of his runs.

Maybe people know of his legend and they're just afraid to touch him.

Popps
11-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Those defending the trade, look at the numbers, he's a good player we shouldn't have let go.

Agree.

Those whining about the trade, let it go, you are acting like a bunch of women.

Agree.

Moreover, there's a simple solution here... and that is to block like we did this past weekend, and Hillis and his mystic superpowers become a non-issue.

Goobzilla
11-16-2010, 04:21 PM
He was on Jim Rome today, apparently the fans in Cleveland are calling him the Juggernaut. I kind of like it.

tsiguy96
11-16-2010, 04:22 PM
He was on Jim Rome today, apparently the fans in Cleveland are calling him the Juggernaut. I kind of like it.

didnt we call him that in 08?

sad he never got a real shot here, oh well. hes hte type of guy i would definitely buy a jersey for, from another team. always will like him as a RB, not oo many old school guys like him left.

Homer Simpson
11-16-2010, 04:23 PM

I like The Avalanche because he's white and destroys everything in his path.

tnedator
11-16-2010, 04:44 PM
Yea, you could use "football outsiders," or just your eyes... and look at the huge holes he's running through.

Comparing him to a back that's had 8 total carries or something is also futile.

Again, if you people want to think RB's run like he is with no help... live the fantasy.

But, you might want to ask yourself how he's going untouched for the first 4 yards of half of his runs.

Maybe people know of his legend and they're just afraid to touch him.

You sound like someone who has not watched the Browns games and only caught a few highlights and checked out stats.

There is no question that the line is opening up holes, sometimes small, sometimes big, but there is also no doubt that many, many of his yards are all him. Not just in terms of yards after contact, but also not blindly running into the back of the o-line when there isn't a hole (like Moreno before this Sunday), but instead he will cut back or bounce it outside, then on top of that he hurdles tacklers or goes through tacklers for additional yards.

Discount it all you want with the "it's all the line", but that shows a level of ignorance as to what actually is happening on the field. He has become the 'featured' peson in their offense, not only on pace for 1300 or so yards and 16+ TDs, but he is also tied for the team lead in receptions and second in yards. Then again, I'm sure the line is responsible for the reception and receiving yards as well. :geez:

Popps
11-16-2010, 06:11 PM
You sound like someone who has not watched the Browns games and only caught a few highlights and checked out stats.

I've watched a few halves of games, and Hillis is on my fantasy team... so I've caught plenty of him. I've also watch several of his post-game reels online, and I even caught one of their preseason games where I noted here that the line was doing a great job. (As did the announcers.)

I've seen plenty, and simply know the difference between proper blocking and the crap we've seen here in Denver most of the season.

Again, if it fulfills something in you to believe Hillis is doing all of this without help, feel free to believe that. Just don't sell it to the rest of us who have functioning eyesight.

He's a great straight-line, bruising back. He'd be USELESS if he ran behind what Moreno had to run behind most of the season in Denver.

On Sunday, Moreno was given running lanes... and no surprise, he out-rushed Hillis.

Popps
11-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Discount it all you want with the "it's all the line",

Didn't say that. I said he's getting excellent running lanes and that THIS is the bigger issue, not the loss of Hillis.

but that shows a level of ignorance

So does not being able to read.

tnedator
11-16-2010, 06:22 PM
I've watched a few halves of games, and Hillis is on my fantasy team... so I've caught plenty of him. I've also watch several of his post-game reels online, and I even caught one of their preseason games where I noted here that the line was doing a great job. (As did the announcers.)

I've seen plenty, and simply know the difference between proper blocking and the crap we've seen here in Denver most of the season.

Again, if it fulfills something in you to believe Hillis is doing all of this without help, feel free to believe that. Just don't sell it to the rest of us who have functioning eyesight.

He's a great straight-line, bruising back. He'd be USELESS if he ran behind what Moreno had to run behind most of the season in Denver.

On Sunday, Moreno was given running lanes... and no surprise, he out-rushed Hillis.

Well, I've watched all but two of their games (and watched parts of those two). Yes, I am a Hillis fan, he was a Razorback and from Arkansas, which in addition to what he did for the Broncos in '08, made me a fan of his.

That said, you simply posting one side of things and being insulting to people at the same time. I know that's your shtick, but it doesn't make it any less pitiful.

Back to Hillis, I have no doubt he would have done better than Moreno year to date, but no where near as well as he's done in Cleveland. However, your posting and insults of members posting anything positive about him, shows you haven't been paying attention. Hillis has racked up big yards against VERY good run defenses. That is not just the line, and many of his yards are clearly nothing to do with the line. Granted, if he was getting no holes, then he would probably getting 2-4 yards where he gets 4-8+ now, but it's ridiculous to keep insinuating it's mostly due to the line. That simply is an uneducated Madden/FFL position, which based on what I thought of you, I am surprised to see from you.

TotallyScrewed
11-16-2010, 06:47 PM

I will also defend the decision that was made at the time because Hillis didn't do **** for us last year and there was no reason not to trade him. It looks terrible in hindsight, because Quinn isn't doing **** and Hillis is tearing it up, but it didn't at the time the trade was made.

I won't defend the trade of Alphonso Smith because that was idiotic.

Colossal blunder...monumental...undisputable and unforgivable. There's no point in saying, he didn't do anything you or anyone else wouldn't have done. One he has a responsibility far exceeding your (or my) own. Two, he's paid to make correct decisions about what is best for the team. Not only does he trade away a player that he should've been using to advantage but he also throws in two draft choices and gets a rotten goose egg upside the head in return. He was totally owned by Cleveland of all teams. Epic fail, period. It could only have been worse if he'd made this deal with Oakland.

~Crash~
11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
popps two years ago after the NYJ game you were one of the posters that gushed about Hills.just saying:~ohyah!:

~Crash~
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
tnedator Popps is aiming for 3,000 post..

~Crash~
11-16-2010, 07:24 PM
:curtsey:2,362:wave:

Drek
11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Well, I've watched all but two of their games (and watched parts of those two). Yes, I am a Hillis fan, he was a Razorback and from Arkansas, which in addition to what he did for the Broncos in '08, made me a fan of his.

That said, you simply posting one side of things and being insulting to people at the same time. I know that's your shtick, but it doesn't make it any less pitiful.

Back to Hillis, I have no doubt he would have done better than Moreno year to date, but no where near as well as he's done in Cleveland. However, your posting and insults of members posting anything positive about him, shows you haven't been paying attention. Hillis has racked up big yards against VERY good run defenses. That is not just the line, and many of his yards are clearly nothing to do with the line. Granted, if he was getting no holes, then he would probably getting 2-4 yards where he gets 4-8+ now, but it's ridiculous to keep insinuating it's mostly due to the line. That simply is an uneducated Madden/FFL position, which based on what I thought of you, I am surprised to see from you.

To be fair, Cleveland does have a pretty solid line. They made James Harrison look like a gamer for the last 1/3rd of the season last year.

I was a big supporter of Hillis when we drafted him and I like seeing that he's doing well now, but it just wasn't meant to be here. The only person you can really blame that on is Hillis though, seeings how two very successful offensive minds were unhappy with his performance at various points (Shanahan benched him once for Larsen early in '08, then didn't give him HB carries until we were completely out of other options).

My view is that Hillis just didn't want to be a FB anymore and both Shanahan and McDaniels viewed him as such. That lack of interest lead to him not learning his role as a FB in either of the two previous offenses well enough to be consistently relied upon.

Hillis didn't want to be here if he wasn't going to get a shot to carry the ball. After how he performed in '09 it was hard for McDaniels to guarantee that happening. The end result is McDaniels found a home for him in exchange for something of value (Quinn).

Buddy Ryan traded Chris Carter for basically nothing and at the time said "all he does is catch touchdowns". Why? Because Carter needed a change of scenery and a new opportunity. Its borders on unethical for a coach, knowing that a guy needs a change of scenery, to hang onto someone and watch them fail.

The same could be applied to Alphonso Smith, if you take his own comments at face value. He didn't get off on the right foot here. I would've personally liked to have hung onto him for a little while longer to see if he could put it together here, but I'm not on the staff. For all we know it was readily apparent to the staff that Smith needed a change of scenery to improve the way he approached his job.

Requiem
11-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Of course Hillis is going to have a lot of receptions for the Browns. . . their receivers are terrible.

Inkana7
11-16-2010, 08:31 PM
To be fair, Cleveland does have a pretty solid line. They made James Harrison look like a gamer for the last 1/3rd of the season last year.

I was a big supporter of Hillis when we drafted him and I like seeing that he's doing well now, but it just wasn't meant to be here. The only person you can really blame that on is Hillis though, seeings how two very successful offensive minds were unhappy with his performance at various points (Shanahan benched him once for Larsen early in '08, then didn't give him HB carries until we were completely out of other options).

My view is that Hillis just didn't want to be a FB anymore and both Shanahan and McDaniels viewed him as such. That lack of interest lead to him not learning his role as a FB in either of the two previous offenses well enough to be consistently relied upon.

Hillis didn't want to be here if he wasn't going to get a shot to carry the ball. After how he performed in '09 it was hard for McDaniels to guarantee that happening. The end result is McDaniels found a home for him in exchange for something of value (Quinn).

Buddy Ryan traded Chris Carter for basically nothing and at the time said "all he does is catch touchdowns". Why? Because Carter needed a change of scenery and a new opportunity. Its borders on unethical for a coach, knowing that a guy needs a change of scenery, to hang onto someone and watch them fail.

The same could be applied to Alphonso Smith, if you take his own comments at face value. He didn't get off on the right foot here. I would've personally liked to have hung onto him for a little while longer to see if he could put it together here, but I'm not on the staff. For all we know it was readily apparent to the staff that Smith needed a change of scenery to improve the way he approached his job.

This is a pretty fantastic post.

OABB
11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
We traded hillis! When did this happen? Nthis is he first I have heard of!this.

Popps
11-16-2010, 09:24 PM
popps two years ago after the NYJ game you were one of the posters that gushed about Hills.just saying:~ohyah!:

Wrong.

I gushed about him BEFORE that.

I was one of the first to call for him to be the starter, if for no other reason... Shanahan was dragging slobs off the street and Hillis showed he could run in our system.

If you're going to repeat what I've already said on this thread, try to do it correctly.

Popps
11-16-2010, 09:31 PM
That said, you simply posting one side of things and being insulting to people at the same time..

You called me out, sport. Re-trace your steps and maybe we could start fresh.

You got mouthy and I corrected you.

Back to Hillis, I have no doubt he would have done better than Moreno year to date, but no where near as well as he's done in Cleveland. .

That's nice. I have no doubt that if my dog had wings, she'd be an excellent flier.

You realize your opinion is just that, right?

Hillis has racked up big yards against VERY good run defenses. That is not just the line, and many of his yards are clearly nothing to do with the line.

Which "good run defenses" are we talking about, by the way? Baltimore is a shell of their old selves. The Patriots haven't been good on defense all season. He had 65 yards against the Jets.

Where's the "very good" run defenses he's doing this against?

As for many of his yards not having anything to do with the line, you could say the same for Moreno's game on Sunday. Some of it was the line, some of it was him. That's football.

You're the one here making the case that Hillis would have been some kind of savior for the franchise, which is ridiculous. Would he have run better than Moreno with proper blocking? Maybe, maybe not. Moreno out-rushed him on Sunday against what was supposed to be a "good" run defense.

You have no way to prove this theory. It's just something you hope would be true.

Conversely, anyone with two eyes could look at our run-blocking the first half of this season and tell you it was garbage. The coach said it was garbage. The players said it was garbage. I haven't met a Broncos fan who didn't recognize it was garbage.

There is NO tangible proof that Hillis would have been any better than Moreno behind the ****-can line we've put out there for most of the season. You can wish or hope that would theoretically be the case, but you have no proof.

Popps
11-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh, and for the record... I like Hillis. Love watching him run. Always have.

I just don't like silly rhetoric.

~Crash~
11-16-2010, 09:33 PM
Wrong.

I gushed about him BEFORE that.

I was one of the first to call for him to be the starter, if for no other reason... Shanahan was dragging slobs off the street and Hillis showed he could run in our system.

If you're going to repeat what I've already said on this thread, try to do it correctly.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! 2370

Popps
11-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! 2370

I know, right? Pretty funny when an attempted "burn" blows up in a guy's face.

Do more homework next time. You'll get better.

~Crash~
11-16-2010, 09:43 PM
I know, right? Pretty funny when an attempted "burn" blows up in a guy's face.

Do more homework next time. You'll get better.

dood get a grip ... you are a long ways for blowing any thing in up in my face .. I still remember you talking him up like he was god after the game i do have a life . so no I do not follow all of your post. I been posting with you for I would say 15 years and you as of late have gotten one sided .I remember you being not to bad at seeing both sides at the RMN but that was a long time ago... maybe I remember wrong...

Popps
11-16-2010, 09:47 PM
.I remember you being not to bad at seeing both sides at the RMN but that was a long time ago... maybe I remember wrong...

How can I be any better at seeing both sides of this?

I think he's very talented. I called it before most people here.

I wish he was still a Bronco.

I wish him the best in Cleveland and enjoy watching him run.

He's on my freakin' fantasy squad.

I just happen to believe our larger problem is our line, and that the Hillis pining is over-done.

People are roasting our coach over trading Hillis, but make no mention of the two potential Pro Bowl players he's added to the offense, and did it for peanuts.

You want to talk about being fair?

Hillis is good. So is Moreno. If we had blocking, this wouldn't be an issue.

That's fair.

tnedator
11-17-2010, 04:59 AM
You called me out, sport. Re-trace your steps and maybe we could start fresh.

You got mouthy and I corrected you.

That's nice. I have no doubt that if my dog had wings, she'd be an excellent flier.

You realize your opinion is just that, right?

Which "good run defenses" are we talking about, by the way? Baltimore is a shell of their old selves. The Patriots haven't been good on defense all season. He had 65 yards against the Jets.

Where's the "very good" run defenses he's doing this against?

As for many of his yards not having anything to do with the line, you could say the same for Moreno's game on Sunday. Some of it was the line, some of it was him. That's football.

You're the one here making the case that Hillis would have been some kind of savior for the franchise, which is ridiculous. Would he have run better than Moreno with proper blocking? Maybe, maybe not. Moreno out-rushed him on Sunday against what was supposed to be a "good" run defense.

You have no way to prove this theory. It's just something you hope would be true.

Conversely, anyone with two eyes could look at our run-blocking the first half of this season and tell you it was garbage. The coach said it was garbage. The players said it was garbage. I haven't met a Broncos fan who didn't recognize it was garbage.

There is NO tangible proof that Hillis would have been any better than Moreno behind the ****-can line we've put out there for most of the season. You can wish or hope that would theoretically be the case, but you have no proof.

Now who's spewing asinine rhetoric? Where exactly did I say he would be a savior for the franchise? I was warned about trying to have a logical discussion with you. I get it now.

If you want to live under the delusion that all of the defenses that Hillis has put up big numbers and TDs were weak, then whatever helps you sleep at night. The fact that he's one of the most talked about players in the NFL right now and is a serious pro-bowl contender, even with big names in front of him, are just a couple indications of how ridiculous your claims are.

Popps
11-17-2010, 05:58 PM
If you want to live under the delusion that all of the defenses that Hillis has put up big numbers and TDs were weak, then whatever helps you sleep at night. The fact that he's one of the most talked about players in the NFL right now and is a serious pro-bowl contender, even with big names in front of him, are just a couple indications of how ridiculous your claims are.

Look, judging by the reps I've received, I shouldn't be messing around with you. Sounds like your takes aren't very good on ANY site, apparently.

I've made my statements very clear. If you want to distort them, have at it.

Hillis is a fine back. He's got blocking and is doing very well in his new home.

The larger issue is and has been... the OL in Denver, not the loss of Hillis.

That was proven on Sunday when Moreno finally had some running room.

All the rest is just noise.

Bronco Yoda
11-18-2010, 02:12 AM
How much was Hillis's contract. I'm betting he was making peanuts.

Not only was he our best back... he wasn't costing us anything.

TDmvp
11-18-2010, 02:24 AM
Not that they have ever had much to mock me about and when they do they still fail in some way , BUT it sucks getting hassled by Bengals fans for trading Hillis.

Had some dude say "you guys are stupid for trading the white Bettis for a Lady Quinn".

It actually hurt a little , I did feel a little better tho once I remembered he was a life long Bengals fan.

colonelbeef
11-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Look, judging by the reps I've received, I shouldn't be messing around with you. Sounds like your takes aren't very good on ANY site, apparently.

I've made my statements very clear. If you want to distort them, have at it.

Hillis is a fine back. He's got blocking and is doing very well in his new home.

The larger issue is and has been... the OL in Denver, not the loss of Hillis.

That was proven on Sunday when Moreno finally had some running room.

All the rest is just noise.

The issue with the Broncos will continue to be whichever scapegoat you can dredge up in order to protect your lord, savior, and secret boyfriend, Josh McDaniels, and the terrible decisions he has made during his tenure.

Man-Goblin
11-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Not that they have ever had much to mock me about and when they do they still fail in some way , BUT it sucks getting hassled by Bengals fans for trading Hillis.

Had some dude say "you guys are stupid for trading the white Bettis for a Lady Quinn".

It actually hurt a little , I did feel a little better tho once I remembered he was a life long Bengals fan.

You should do what I do. Every time someone brings up Hillis to me, I punch them in their ugly ****ing face.

On the street, in the mall, at church; this tactic works pretty much everywhere.

Popps
11-18-2010, 09:54 AM
BUT it sucks getting hassled by Bengals fans for trading Hillis.

Oh man, I don't even know where to start with this post... wow... let me try...

First of all, examine that quote very carefully. See anything wrong with it? If not, here's a hint... "Bengals fan." What kind of season are the Bengals having? What kind of LIFE has Bengals fan had? What on earth would Bengals fan know about football?

You're going to let Bengals fan upset you? Really?

Beyond that, you're a Broncos fan... so by default, you should be smarter than Bengals fan. So, you should have no problem delivering the following information...

While the Hillis trade hasn't panned out for us, if you want to talk about "Pro Bowl" players, the same coach that traded Hillis has inserted two Pro Bowl caliber players into our line-up... and did it for peanuts. He also traded a ****-can QB for a bounty of draft picks we've turned into more productive players... and dumped a whiny WR on the verge of a suspension for a couple of 2nd round picks... and replaced him with someone much more productive.

I've never understood the "they're making fun of me" complex some fans have about their team. (Especially when it's a retard like Bengals Fan.) That's what other fans DO. It's just the way it is.

This is a storied franchise and one of the best in sports. Personally, I'm not going to weep because a back-up fullback has ran well in another city. It happens.

Move on with life.

baja
11-18-2010, 10:16 AM
This thread is almost 100 pages

go_broncos
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I am still pissed that Mcd traded Hillis.

Popps
11-18-2010, 10:25 AM
This thread is almost 100 pages

Is he back yet?

100 more, and I know he'll come back.

:sunshine:

vancejohnson82
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
The issue with the Broncos will continue to be whichever scapegoat you can dredge up in order to protect your lord, savior, and secret boyfriend, Josh McDaniels, and the terrible decisions he has made during his tenure.

Hillis - Bad decision
Smith - bad decision (but perhaps a good decision to draft that talent)

Cutler - good decision
Marshall - still up in the air
Lloyd - good decision
Gaffney - good decision
Dawkins - good decision

That's just a very short list of some of the pickups and drops we've had --- so why don't you list a LONG list of these TERRIBLE TERRIBLE decisions

Los Broncos
11-18-2010, 10:41 AM

Me too, McDaniels really sucks.

_Oro_
11-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Hillis - Bad decision

Cutler - good decision
Lloyd - good decision
Gaffney - good decision
Dawkins - good decision

That's just a very short list of some of the pickups and drops we've had --- so why don't you list a LONG list of these TERRIBLE TERRIBLE decisions

What is up in the air about the Marshall decision? He hasn't gotten himself suspended yet? He's putting up mediocre numbers for the cash he got. I'd say that decision is clearly a good one by now.

Homer Simpson
11-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Have you posted one positive thing since our win at the weekend or are you just pissing and whining like a little bitch boy?

cutthemdown
11-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Marshall has 1 td and just lost both of the qbs for the season. Thigpen and Ramsey now the qbs. I'd say he looks like an idiot with the way Llloyd going off. In fact you could say maybe Marshall was a system WR, big and strong, but not worth what he got. He just doesn't score a lot which makes him average.

Kaylore
11-18-2010, 10:51 AM

LOL

http://rlv.zcache.com/cry_a_river_build_a_bridge_get_over_it_hat-p148698704548132176t5k8_210.jpg

Popps
11-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Have you posted one positive thing since our win at the weekend or are you just pissing and whining like a little b**** boy?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=27499&stc=1&d=1289612767

baja
11-18-2010, 12:11 PM
What's the over / under on this thread?

HAT
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
What's the over / under on this thread?

Depends on how long you think Hillis' NFL career will last?

It will get bumped ad naseum good or bad.

bowtown
11-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Hopefully it will never end. I hope to keep hearing opinions on football's version of the white Jim Riggins forever.

Pony Boy
11-18-2010, 12:39 PM
Hilarious! Gotta love it.....1:30 sec into this he states "Cleveland traded Quinn for basically nothing".

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wj5ub_KGbb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wj5ub_KGbb4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

TDmvp
11-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Oh man, I don't even know where to start with this post... wow... let me try...

First of all, examine that quote very carefully. See anything wrong with it? If not, here's a hint... "Bengals fan." What kind of season are the Bengals having? What kind of LIFE has Bengals fan had? What on earth would Bengals fan know about football?

You're going to let Bengals fan upset you? Really?

Beyond that, you're a Broncos fan... so by default, you should be smarter than Bengals fan. So, you should have no problem delivering the following information...

While the Hillis trade hasn't panned out for us, if you want to talk about "Pro Bowl" players, the same coach that traded Hillis has inserted two Pro Bowl caliber players into our line-up... and did it for peanuts. He also traded a ****-can QB for a bounty of draft picks we've turned into more productive players... and dumped a whiny WR on the verge of a suspension for a couple of 2nd round picks... and replaced him with someone much more productive.

I've never understood the "they're making fun of me" complex some fans have about their team. (Especially when it's a retard like Bengals Fan.) That's what other fans DO. It's just the way it is.

This is a storied franchise and one of the best in sports. Personally, I'm not going to weep because a back-up fullback has ran well in another city. It happens.

Move on with life.

Stop over thinking stuff Popps...

I did feel a little better tho once I remembered he was a life long Bengals fan.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Hillis - Bad decision

Cutler - good decision
Lloyd - good decision
Gaffney - good decision
Dawkins - good decision

I could add Maroney bad decision, Paxton signing for more money than keeping Leach is a bad decision. Quinn horrible decision. There are some really bad ones from the draft to trades.

TDmvp
11-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Cutler - good decision

No way of knowing ... The only way you can consider the Cutler move a good decision is the fact he didn't want to be he.

If you think we have someone on the roster with a better skill set you're crazy...

Cutler the guy might be a total douche bag, but the skill set it insane.

And we have 0 way of knowing what Shanny or Josh could have done with him... I'd liked to known what 29 year old Cutler would have have been like after 5 years of shanny or josh...

bowtown
11-18-2010, 01:18 PM
No way of knowing ... The only way you can consider the Cutler move a good decision is the fact he didn't want to be he.

If you think we have someone on the roster with a better skill set you're crazy...

Cutler the guy might be a total douche bag, but the skill set it insane.

And we have 0 way of knowing what Shanny or Josh could have done with him... I'd liked to known what 29 year old Cutler would have have been like after 5 years of shanny or josh...

Orton is a better competitor, leader and student of the game than Cutler. Orton's skill set is better for this system than Beetus.

Popps
11-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I could add Maroney bad decision

Disagree. Sliding a couple of places late in a draft to acquire a RB who knows our system when we were injury-depleted makes sense. It was also VERY low-stakes.

, Paxton signing for more money than keeping Leach is a bad decision.

Really? Long-snppers? We're talking about long-snappers? In 30 years of following this team, it wasn't until McD signed one of his guys that I've heard anyone bitch about long-snappers.

This was an afterthought free-agent decision, and a standard one. Coaches bring in their own guys.

Quinn horrible decision. There are some really bad ones from the draft to trades.

Quinn was basically a 3rd round pick. (End of 2nd) He's still on the roster, so it's not as bad as Maurice Clarett or other recent third round picks.

As for the draft overall, we've covered this extensively... and we've probably drafted better over the past two seasons than we have in the prior 10, on average.

So, we've improved as a franchise via the draft. Are you going to miss on some draft picks every year? Well, of course. Those aren't really "decisions" when you're talking about a 3rd rounder not panning out.

bowtown
11-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Disagree. Sliding a couple of places late in a draft to acquire a RB who knows our system when we were injury-depleted makes sense. It was also VERY low-stakes.

4th round to 6th round is not sliding a couple of places late in the draft. It's sliding from the middle of the draft to late. The difference between the payers that can be found in the 4th vs. the 6th is huge. Maroney won't even be on the team next year and provided nothing when playing. It was a bad move.

Really? Long-snppers? We're talking about long-snappers? In 30 years of following this team, it wasn't until McD signed one of his guys that I've heard anyone b**** about long-snappers.

Yep. Besides, acoring to my neg rep, Paxton dumps semen down my throat. Not a bad move, and probably helped Josh transition the team from the inside. Those guys are important for a new coach.

Quinn was basically a 3rd round pick. (End of 2nd) He's still on the roster, so it's not as bad as Maurice Clarett or other recent third round picks.

As for the draft overall, we've covered this extensively... and we've probably drafted better over the past two seasons than we have in the prior 10, on average.

So, we've improved as a franchise via the draft. Are you going to miss on some draft picks every year? Well, of course. Those aren't really "decisions" when you're talking about a 3rd rounder not panning out.

The player isn't the isssue, it was the the moves up for Quinn and Smith in a draft that they didn't prep as fully as they wanted for that was a bad move. People miss on picks, but to piss away extra picks on them is bitter medicine. It was one of the things that used to infuriate me about Shanahan too.

Drek
11-18-2010, 02:08 PM
4th round to 6th round is not sliding a couple of places late in the draft. It's sliding from the middle of the draft to late. The difference between the payers that can be found in the 4th vs. the 6th is huge. Maroney won't even be on the team next year and provided nothing when playing. It was a bad move.
And the alternative to getting Maroney was having Buckhalter start, followed by Andre Brown when Brown couldn't run, followed by......

Well, we didn't have anyone else so we'd be waiver wiring it.

The net value is a late 5th or some **** like that. You're an absolute idiot if you think Maroney's career track record prior to coming here wasn't worth a late 5th for a team with absolutely no RB depth left. Does it suck that he hasn't produced here? Sure has. But the move to get him was a well thought out, decisive move. In another thread we had someone bitching about McDaniels not responding to injuries decisively enough. In this one we see people complaining about him flipping the equivalent of pocket change to respond to injury issues with a proven starter who knows our system and now that was a bad move too.

Classic damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario right here.

The player isn't the isssue, it was the the moves up for Quinn and Smith in a draft that they didn't prep as fully as they wanted for that was a bad move. People miss on picks, but to piss away extra picks on them is bitter medicine. It was one of the things that used to infuriate me about Shanahan too.
Those trades were basically text book NFL draft value chart deals. The value exchanged was pretty much 1:1 with what we got back, so the value argument just doesn't fly.

I didn't care for trading a future 1st myself to get Smith, but from a perceived value it was a "solid" move. If they'd retained Smith and he had his 5 picks so far this year in place of Goodman everyone would be creaming themselves over the "genius" of getting Smith in the 2nd round. Its all a matter of perspective.

Popps
11-18-2010, 03:40 PM

We got Cox and Syd late in this year's draft. You'll have to quantify for me the difference between a middle 4th and a middle 6th round pick from a historical performance perspective. Once you've done that, and we have a fixed value for proven performance difference between the two spots, we can discuss what we lost.

Maroney may or may not be on the squad next year, but if Moreno's hamstring was bad all season... we would have needed healthy bodies. Trading late draft slots to potentially save your season isn't a terrible gamble.

The season isn't even over. You have no idea if Maroney may contribute still... and neither do I.

Personally, I think Maroney might have run well Sunday with the lanes our line was (finally) opening up.

So, at best... this trade is incomplete.

Yep. Besides, according to my neg rep, Paxton dumps semen down my throat. .

Hilarious!

I'm sorry to hear that.

Indeed, we've got some overly excitable posters here who suddenly in the past two seasons have taken an keen interest in the long-snapping position. I don't think I ever heard our long-snapper discussed in the prior 7 years of posting on this forum.

Yea, I didn't have a problem moving up for Smith... until we traded him. I felt like if you're going to make that move, you have to give him more time.

But, all eye-witness accounts (and game accounts) were that the kid just didn't seem interested in playing. I mean, he had Champ and Dawkins back there as mentors. Doesn't get any better than that. McD decided it was time to fish or cut bait, and pulled the trigger.

Gronkowski actually blocked well on Sunday. Hopefully he'll soften the blow of that whole situation.

As for Quinn... that was another move upward, but it was in the middle rounds. I'm just not a guy who kicks and screams about draft picks. The **** is such a crap shoot... if our staff really likes a guy, I hope they do what they need to do to get them.

I think we're drafting better already, and we're only 1.5 years into the new regime.

Popps
11-18-2010, 03:41 PM
The net value is a late 5th or some **** like that. You're an absolute idiot if you think Maroney's career track record prior to coming here wasn't worth a late 5th for a team with absolutely no RB depth left.

That's the thing.

Do you trade a 5th rounder to potentially salvage something out of your season... and get some RB depth from a player who knows the system?

Of course.

Beyond that, Maroney had one bad game, and his next game was fine. Not spectacular, but he filled in fine.

This is an incomplete grade, at worst.

mhgaffney
11-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Shanahan was very high on Maroney. He voiced regret that the Broncos were not able to draft him. Shanahan also stated that Maroney would have a big NFL career.

No one is better at spotting talent in the run game than Shanahan.

Maybe Maroney will deliver yet.

IMO the jury is still out.

baja
11-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Shanahan was very high on Maroney. He voiced regret that the Broncos were not able to draft him. Shanahan also stated that Maroney would have a big NFL career.

No one is better at spotting talent in the run game than Shanahan.

Maybe Maroney will deliver yet.

IMO the jury is still out.

Is that why he spent a 3rd rd pick on Maurice Clarett.

Killericon
11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Is that why he spent a 3rd rd pick on Maurice Clarett.

Maurice Clarett was not(or at least we don't know if it was) a misjudgement of talent.

baja
11-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Maurice Clarett was not(or at least we don't know if it was) a misjudgement of talent.

Isn't it wise to factor in all aspects of a player in the quest to draft a player that will help your team. The guy didn't even make it out of training camp. He was a mental mess. You got to find those obvious negatives before you draft a guy that high. A team good would catch that. We were not a good drafting team but Shanny worked miracles with what he gave himself to work with.

Pony Boy
11-18-2010, 08:05 PM

:kiddingme "OK Lucy! - You Gotta Lotta 'Splain' To Do"

enjolras
11-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Isn't it wise to factor in all aspects of a player in the quest to draft a player that will help your team. The guy didn't even make it out of training camp. He was a mental mess. You got to find those obvious negatives before you draft a guy that high. A team good would catch that. We were not a good drafting team but Shanny worked miracles with what he gave himself to work with.

That was always shanny's issue wasn't it? In both FA (remember IHOP?) and the draft he brought in guys of immense talent without the mental aptitude to play in the NFL. I think that is the reason that Shannahan no longer coaches the Broncos.

I also think that hangover left us with a culture that McDaniels has had to break (see: Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, etc...).

baja
11-19-2010, 04:55 AM
That was always shanny's issue wasn't it? In both FA (remember IHOP?) and the draft he brought in guys of immense talent without the mental aptitude to play in the NFL. I think that is the reason that Shannahan no longer coaches the Broncos.

I also think that hangover left us with a culture that McDaniels has had to break (see: Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, etc...).

This is what many people don't realize. The rebuild of this team had to be taken down to the fondations of the organization. There is a reason players like Cutler and Marshall wanted out of Denver even when they knew full well there careers would have taken off through the roof in Josh's system. They wanted out for the exact reason you bring up enjolras, they saw that McD was not going to cater to their star status. This is a core change Josh is bringing to Dove Valley. To bad so many fans do not understand the magnitude of the change, if they did they might have a little more patience with josh and this process we are in the middle of.

colonelbeef
11-19-2010, 05:38 AM

you are an idiot.

Bill Belichick has made just as many mistakes, if not more, than Mike Shanahan ever did.

Your undying lack of appreciation for the best coach the Denver Broncos ever had is astounding

colonelbeef
11-19-2010, 05:40 AM

Yeah! He had to break that culture up to get us where we are today!!

Guess who is in first place in the NFC North by the way?

HAT
11-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Your undying lack of appreciation for the best coach the Denver Broncos ever had is astounding

Dude.....Everybody appreciates 1990's Shanahan.

oubronco
11-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Dude.....Everybody appreciates 1990's Shanahan.

After reading several threads the last couple years i'm not so sure about that

Drek
11-19-2010, 06:06 AM

http://64.19.142.13/socialmediarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ButtHurt.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-19-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah! He had to break that culture up to get us where we are today!!

Guess who is in first place in the NFC North by the way?

/rolleyes

We'll see if ****ler can manage NOT to choke away the lead this time.

broncogary
11-19-2010, 06:27 AM
http://64.19.142.13/socialmediarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ButtHurt.jpg

I agree, or then again, maybe I don't.

baja
11-19-2010, 06:38 AM
/rolleyes

We'll see if ****ler can manage NOT to choke away the lead this time.

Special teams and defense are winning for the Bears. Cutler has had a couple of good games and games where he has hurt his team. Jay Cutler is not the reason Chicago are winning just like Kyle Orton was not the reason the Bears were winning when he was there. So far the Bears have made a lateral trade and burnt a bunch of picks to do it.

baja
11-19-2010, 06:41 AM

Ya know you're right I for one hated winning those Super Bowls.

broncocalijohn
11-19-2010, 10:52 AM

Really? Long-snppers? We're talking about long-snappers? In 30 years of following this team, it wasn't until McD signed one of his guys that I've heard anyone b**** about long-snappers.

This was an afterthought free-agent decision, and a standard one. Coaches bring in their own guys.

Tebow Christ! It was horrible! I have supported McD for this whole thing and my mentioning those picks or FA signings were bad. No one b****ed about a long snapper because when they do their job, they arent even known except for the geeks like us here at a football forum. We overpaid for someone that wasnt needed and we lost a backup TE who might have worked out since guys like Quinn sucks out loud. Maroney? We lost 60 spots at least with him and he sucks so yes, it was a horrible move. Bringing in your guys doesnt mean anything here if it doesnt improve the team which both ex Pats have proven it hasnt. How you keep protecting McD when **** decisions like I have mentioned are being backed up by only you (I havent heard Baja yet) is amazing. As for TE Quinn, he still on the team (can be the same for our backup QB Quinn) is your response? Big deal! We finally cut loose Moss so was that a good draft pick up until earlier this week? As for losing out on a 3rd rounder, two things come to mind. Was that 3rd rounder at an expense of future picks and if the 3rd rounder didnt pan out (as they should), did you score big in the earlier rounds and of course in the late rounds to make up for the blunder? Answer those as you can remember we sent Smith, a high draft pick, out the door for a 7th round back up TE. Good job Popps. McD must be paying you handsomely for being his spokeshole.

BroncoBuff
11-19-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm not a big fan of recent personnel moves, but please ... the Maroney trade was a no-brainer. We swap our 4th for their 6th, to get a decent back Josh knows, he knows the offense and his contract is up. Get real, with our RB corps injuries, that was an excellent trade.

broncocalijohn
11-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of recent personnel moves, but please ... the Maroney trade was a no-brainer. We swap our 4th for their 6th, to get a decent back Josh knows, he knows the offense and his contract is up. Get real, with our RB corps injuries, that was an excellent trade.

Proof is in the pudding. BB, give us Maroney's stats for the Broncos and throw in the pats stats too. I know, I know that our line sucked but put Bucks and Moreno's in there too for comparison.

Drek
11-19-2010, 12:33 PM

It was when Brandon Jacobs was still on the board. Not nearly the personality issues and built to run in our ZBS where the OL gives him the hole to get up to speed and crush LBs and safeties.

Drek
11-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Proof is in the pudding. BB, give us Maroney's stats for the Broncos and throw in the pats stats too. I know, I know that our line sucked but put Bucks and Moreno's in there too for comparison.

When Maroney got carries Moreno was out. At that time both Maroney and Buck didn't get **** done carrying the ball.

We didn't have anyone reliable for 1st and 2nd downs to even cover pass pro. Swapping later round picks to get someone who could was completely worth it.

Bronco Yoda
11-19-2010, 08:18 PM
I wonder if Belecheat called up McD, asking what the hell were you thinking with Hillis.

Popps
11-19-2010, 09:31 PM
No one b****ed about a long snapper because when they do their job, they arent even known except for the geeks like us here at a football forum. .

Again, when people are bitching about a long-snapper's salary... it just carries no credibility.

You keep your agenda and have fun with that.

I'll be rooting for the team, and trying to keep an open mind as we make moves to try to improve. If it doesn't work out, I'll root for the next coach.

Sorry, I can't lose sleep over a long-snapper's salary with you.

strafen
11-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Again, when people are b****ing about a long-snapper's salary... it just carries no credibility.

You keep your agenda and have fun with that.

I'll be rooting for the team, and trying to keep an open mind as we make moves to try to improve. If it doesn't work out, I'll root for the next coach.

Sorry, I can't lose sleep over a long-snapper's salary with you.

I don't think a longsnapper's salary is what it's been argued.
It's the simple fact we didn't need a LS period.
Mike Leach in my opinion is a far better player/athlete than Paxton is.
Leach can contribute to the team in more ways than one...

It also raises brows when the LS deal was one of McDaniels first deals as a new head coach.

KipCorrington25
11-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Well we bitch when we double the long snapper's salary for a guy that's older and has had more mistakes than the guy that was run off...

Oh and this thread is about Hillis, OK, the fans were right, we never should have gotten ride of him he has more talent than all our lame backs combined.

That about covers it.

Drek
11-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Well we b**** when we double the long snapper's salary for a guy that's older and has had more mistakes than the guy that was run off...

1. Paxton only makes about $200K more than what Leach was schedule to make, that is less than the league minimum salary for a player.

2. Paxton is 2 years younger than Leach.

3. The Jets game this year is the first time you could say Paxton has made a mistake snapping a football in his entire career. Despite being younger than Leach he's played in 39 more games to that point. Those extra games were accumulated because Paxton has snapped in dozens of playoff games including three Super Bowls.

So yeah, that about covers it.

_Oro_
11-20-2010, 07:40 AM
1. Paxton only makes about $200K more than what Leach was schedule to make, that is less than the league minimum salary for a player.

3. The Jets game this year is the first time you could say Paxton has made a mistake snapping a football in his entire career. Despite being younger than Leach he's played in 39 more games to that point. Those extra games were accumulated because Paxton has snapped in dozens of playoff games including three Super Bowls.

Not to mention his effect on the locker room.

Swedish Extrovert
11-20-2010, 07:45 AM
Maroney is terrible... but Josh was bringing in a guy for a 4th that knew the system and had first-round talent. It didn't work out.

If I could undo the Quinn-Hillis trade, I would but its done. McD knows what he's doing.

Swedish Extrovert
11-20-2010, 07:46 AM

Shiiiit. I wouldn't kind making 200k a year as my entire salary, ha.

HAT
11-20-2010, 07:54 AM
Mike Leach in my opinion is a far better player/athlete than Paxton is.

I must admit to not paying too much attention (read: giving a ****) to eithers game. Since you have such a strong opinion on the matter, I'm sure you've researched it extensively. Can you provide the board a breakdown for the less informed?

I would like to know the relative strengths and weaknesses of both. Let's start with typical combine drills. That should give us a basic feeling as to why you believe Leach is a superior player.

0-yard dash
The 40-yard dash is the marquee event at the combine. It's kind of like the 100-meters at the Olympics: It's all about speed, explosion and watching skilled athletes run great times. These athletes are timed at 10, 20 and 40-yard intervals. What the scouts are looking for is an explosion from a static start.

Bench press
The bench press is a test of strength -- 225 pounds, as many reps as the athlete can get. What the NFL scouts are also looking for is endurance. Anybody can do a max one time, but what the bench press tells the pro scouts is how often the athlete frequented his college weight room for the last 3-5 years.

Vertical jump
The vertical jump is all about lower-body explosion and power. The athlete stands flat-footed and they measure his reach. It is important to accurately measure the reach, because the differential between the reach and the flag the athlete touches is his vertical jump measurement.

Broad jump
The broad jump is like being in gym class back in junior high school. Basically, it is testing an athlete's lower-body explosion and lower-body strength. The athlete starts out with a stance balanced and then he explodes out as far as he can. It tests explosion and balance, because he has to land without moving.

3 cone drill
The 3 cone drill tests an athlete's ability to change directions at a high speed. Three cones in an L-shape. He starts from the starting line, goes 5 yards to the first cone and back. Then, he turns, runs around the second cone, runs a weave around the third cone, which is the high point of the L, changes directions, comes back around that second cone and finishes.

Shuttle run
The short shuttle is the first of the cone drills. It is known as the 5-10-5. What it tests is the athlete's lateral quickness and explosion in short areas. The athlete starts in the three-point stance, explodse out 5 yards to his right, touches the line, goes back 10 yards to his left, left hand touches the line, pivot, and he turns 5 more yards and finishes.

Next, please provide us with specifics as to how the above skills have translated to each's pro game. Feel free to provide video or other evidence of Leach's superiority.

I realize it's alot to ask Dragster, but since you have such a strong opinion on this, surely you've already done the research prior to forming that opinion?

Many people would give you **** for having this opinion but I think it's kinda cool that you are such a hardcore fan that you find long snappers so important.

Or do you just like the view?

http://media.canada.com/88a71aa9-0766-4ee3-befb-15e6b6fe7968/0129Esks2b.jpg

PS: What Charger jersey are you going to be wearing on Monday?

baja
11-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Not to mention his effect on the locker room.

That is worth a million so he was a bargain at + $200,000.

baja
11-20-2010, 08:02 AM
98 pages about a Cleveland Brown runnin back, interesting

lostknight
11-20-2010, 08:09 AM

Will you please give that line a rest. Like it or hate it, Hillis is where he is because of our coach. That makes it interesting for Broncos fans. I know you don't like McDaniel's mistake being brought up over and over, but guess what, it's the NFL, and every Sunday presents another chance to remember what you did wrong.

baja
11-20-2010, 08:19 AM
Will you please give that line a rest. Like it or hate it, Hillis is where he is because of our coach. That makes it interesting for Broncos fans. I know you don't like McDaniel's mistake being brought up over and over, but guess what, it's the NFL, and every Sunday presents another chance to remember what you did wrong.

98 pages worth?

Talk about giving something a rest....

Pony Boy
11-20-2010, 08:31 AM

Definition of a sports "Cult Hero"

The cult hero, every club has them. They are not always the best player to turn out for your team, indeed sometimes they can be among the worst. But they had that little something that meant they were held in the highest regard by the fans. Sometimes there is a personal reason why a supporter has a particular affection for a player. Maybe they scored in the first game you attended or perhaps you bumped into them in the street and they made a lasting impression on you?

Drek
11-20-2010, 08:43 AM

Tell you what, why don't you prove that it was a mistake on McDaniels' part to trade Hillis, that if he was still here he'd be doing any better than the crap he took on the field in '09, and then we'll talk about how every Sunday we should be reminded of what we "did wrong".

go_broncos
11-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Everyone including Mcd knows that he did a mistake in trading Hillis.
With Hillis in our lineup, we would have atleast 2 more games..
Also, if Hillis was involved last year..we would have reached playoffs.

Drek
11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

McDaniels actively tried to get Hillis involved early last season and Hillis **** the bed with every opportunity given.

Archer81
11-20-2010, 09:01 AM

You have no way to prove this. It is nothing more than your opinion. Would Hillis play defense, too?

Sometimes you are just too ****ing stupid for words.

misturanderson
11-20-2010, 09:03 AM
You have no way to prove this. It is nothing more than your opinion. Would Hillis play defense, too?

Sometimes you are just too ****ing stupid for words.

Sometimes?

baja
11-20-2010, 09:05 AM
99 and counting

Pony Boy
11-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Tell you what, why don't you prove that it was a mistake on McDaniels' part to trade Hillis, that if he was still here he'd be doing any better than the crap he took on the field in '09, and then we'll talk about how every Sunday we should be reminded of what we "did wrong".

Here's proof...... Hillis is playing at a pro-bowl level.........Quinn is our 3rd QB and we still owe Cleveland a 6th round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

Los Broncos
11-20-2010, 09:08 AM

Your up in the night.

Archer81
11-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Sometimes?

You are right.

All the time.

baja
11-20-2010, 09:10 AM
will we hit a 100 pages by MNF - Oh By the Way the Broncos are playing case you didn't know.

Drek
11-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Here's proof...... Hillis is playing at a pro-bowl level.........Quinn is our 3rd QB and we still owe Cleveland a 6th round pick in 2011 and a conditional pick in 2012.

And he's a HB who got the job after two other players missed time due to injuries. Would those opportunities have occurred here, where he'd already spent a year showing absolutely no understanding of the offense?

Here he was a fullback and didn't do a very good job at that. He didn't like it and he didn't want to stay here in such a role. McDaniels found him a better opportunity and he's made the most of it. Good for him.

Do Ravens fans cry in their beer every Sunday when James Harrison plays well for the Steelers? Or when Priest Holmes was an elite RB for the Chiefs? Where was all this outrage when we let Dominique Foxworth go simply because Shanahan didn't want to even let him compete with Dre Bly?

Are Redskin fans throwing a fit because Lloyd is blowing up for us? Bears fans crying over Orton's standout play the last two years?

Teams let players go ALL THE TIME. Buddy Ryan traded Chris Carter because he knew if Carter stayed in Philly he'd either O.D. or wind up in jail. Hell, his reason for trading Carter was because "all he does is catch touchdowns". People don't continue to throw hissy fits over all of these other moves. But Peyton Hillis, a 7th round pick who couldn't reliably keep his starting FB job from a LINEBACKER as a rookie, then couldn't do a single thing right for 2/3rds of the 2009 season, is worth eternal anguish over having let him go?

The level of reasoning applied by those still crying about trading Peyton Hillis would make a five year old roll their eyes in disgust. Brian Dawkins was a perennial pro-bowler and unquestioned leader of his team in Philly. Their fans, widely considered some of the worst in all of sports, got over losing him faster and with more maturity than much of this board handles Peyton Hillis having success after leaving here.

Popps
11-20-2010, 10:05 AM

It's devolved into discussion about long-snappers.

The Broncos coach is bad because of a long-snapper.

A position we couldn't seem to discuss in the prior decade here at the mane, but suddenly it's very important.

I'm sure the outrage is sincere.

broncocalijohn
11-20-2010, 10:14 AM

I dont remember Leach making one mistake, $200k less (geez, u make it sound like that is chump change. Next time you lose $2,000 for nothing in return and see how u like it). 2 years younger? WTF? THey are like punters and kickers. They can snap until they are 40 so age had no issue here.

_Oro_
11-20-2010, 10:18 AM
I dont remember Leach making one mistake, $200k less (geez, u make it sound like that is chump change. Next time you lose $2,000 for nothing in return and see how u like it). 2 years younger? WTF? THey are like punters and kickers. They can snap until they are 40 so age had no issue here.

The post he was responding to claimed Paxton was older.

Pony Boy
11-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Who wouldn't want guns like that .........I guess the answer is McDaniels. !Booya!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcvVbdLJJbc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcvVbdLJJbc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

baja
11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
HOF Willie Brown traded to the Raiders by the Broncos

It happens......

Oh and Hillis is no Willie Brown

Popps
11-20-2010, 10:57 AM

I'll give you credit and just assume this has to be a level.

You can't possibly be serious with this argument. Talk about grasping at straws.

Drek
11-20-2010, 11:03 AM

Try following the conversation before responding next time. You look like an idiot.

broncocalijohn
11-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Drek, I think this helps my case more than yours. Ive layed out wasted picks or free agent signings. Ive followed along and know Paxton wasnt needed, we dumped Hillis for who? Oh yeah, a third string QB. Some bad picks for drafts. He has made some bad mistakes. Funny is I am a supporter of McD but know what things he has screwed up on and not afraid to say it. Some just dont want to say anything negative and be the Rah Rah guy. So be it. I will call it as I see it. Hillis= bad, Paxton signing= bad only because it cost more on the team and wasnt needed (which we could have used a back up TE with QUinn being a waste of a high pick by McDaniels), and Maroney hasnt worked out (of course keeping Hillis at bargain price would have kept a draft pick and not wasted time on Maroney).

Drek
11-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Drek, I think this helps my case more than yours. Ive layed out wasted picks or free agent signings. Ive followed along and know Paxton wasnt needed, we dumped Hillis for who? Oh yeah, a third string QB. Some bad picks for drafts. He has made some bad mistakes. Funny is I am a supporter of McD but know what things he has screwed up on and not afraid to say it. Some just dont want to say anything negative and be the Rah Rah guy. So be it. I will call it as I see it. Hillis= bad, Paxton signing= bad only because it cost more on the team and wasnt needed (which we could have used a back up TE with QUinn being a waste of a high pick by McDaniels), and Maroney hasnt worked out (of course keeping Hillis at bargain price would have kept a draft pick and not wasted time on Maroney).

So playing the hindsight is 20/20 game helps your case?

**** man, I can tell you the winning lottery numbers the day after they're announced too if you want to see a real miracle.

Hillis was traded because in his time here he didn't learn the offense and generally **** his pants when asked to do something on Sundays. Maybe he's too stupid, maybe he just didn't want to play fullback. Who knows. Fact is he didn't do **** here despite being given opportunities. In return we got a young former 1st round pick QB, you know, the thing McDaniels specializes in scouting and training.

Paxton is a playoff proven long snapper who is younger than Leach. He knows how McDaniels likes to run things having been a Patriot with McDnaiels. those pluses aren't worth $200K? That is pocket change for an NFL team.

Maroney cost nothing more than the swap of a late round pick and if we didn't do it we'd have had Lance Ball as our 1st and 2nd down HB trying to pick up pass pro assignments he'd only just had a quick familiarization with in the pre-season. I'll reiterate what I've said before: trading for Maroney was as much to keep Orton from getting killed as anything else. Without Moreno we're a pass first, last, and everything in between offense. To make that work we need an RB who can help Orton not get hit before all else. Maroney was the best bet to step in and do that quickly. If Maroney doesn't get hurt, or if Lendale White doesn't get hurt, or hell, if Spencer Larsen didn't get hurt we probably don't waste our time trading for Maroney. But instead they all got hurt, were hit and miss for the first several weeks of the season.

Why don't you review those moves relative to the time they were made. I'm not some rah rah homer. But at the same time I'm not going to be some douche bag message board fan talking about how dumb a bunch of highly paid professionals are for making a move I can pick apart in hindsight because it didn't work.

But hey, keep crying over Hillis and Leach like someone stole your binky, don't let me stop you.

tnedator
11-20-2010, 08:14 PM

**** man, I can tell you the winning lottery numbers the day after they're announced too if you want to see a real miracle.

Hillis was traded because in his time here he didn't learn the offense and generally **** his pants when asked to do something on Sundays. Maybe he's too stupid, maybe he just didn't want to play fullback. Who knows. Fact is he didn't do **** here despite being given opportunities. In return we got a young former 1st round pick QB, you know, the thing McDaniels specializes in scouting and training.

You're really going to go with the "Hillis didn't do **** despite being GIVEN opportunities" argument? Really? That's your story and you're sticking with it? Hilarious!

go_broncos
11-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Paxton is a playoff proven long snapper who is younger than Leach. He knows how McDaniels likes to run things having been a Patriot with McDnaiels. those pluses aren't worth $200K? That is pocket change for an NFL team.

Maroney cost nothing more than the swap of a late round pick and if we didn't do it we'd have had Lance Ball as our 1st and 2nd down HB trying to pick up pass pro assignments he'd only just had a quick familiarization with in the pre-season. I'll reiterate what I've said before: trading for Maroney was as much to keep Orton from getting killed as anything else. Without Moreno we're a pass first, last, and everything in between offense. To make that work we need an RB who can help Orton not get hit before all else. Maroney was the best bet to step in and do that quickly. If Maroney doesn't get hurt, or if Lendale White doesn't get hurt, or hell, if Spencer Larsen didn't get hurt we probably don't waste our time trading for Maroney. But instead they all got hurt, were hit and miss for the first several weeks of the season.

Why don't you review those moves relative to the time they were made. I'm not some rah rah homer. But at the same time I'm not going to be some douche bag message board fan talking about how dumb a bunch of highly paid professionals are for making a move I can pick apart in hindsight because it didn't work.

But hey, keep crying over Hillis and Leach like someone stole your binky, don't let me stop you.

Are you serious??

:spit:

broncocalijohn
11-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Or the fact I was one of them that said Hillis can do the job at least short yardage situations last year, pissed at the trade and knew he would do well. So where is that hindsight when I stated it like many others here? Didnt know when it comes to the SB formula, long snapper is where it is at even thought you had one since 2002 which includes a trip to the AFC Championships. As for maroney, it isnt that costly but just the fact we needed another RB when we had one. Hell, if we signed Tatum Bell, I would have been less pissed since it cost us no draft pick and the minimum income.

Drek
11-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Or the fact I was one of them that said Hillis can do the job at least short yardage situations last year, pissed at the trade and knew he would do well. So where is that hindsight when I stated it like many others here? Didnt know when it comes to the SB formula, long snapper is where it is at even thought you had one since 2002 which includes a trip to the AFC Championships. As for maroney, it isnt that costly but just the fact we needed another RB when we had one. Hell, if we signed Tatum Bell, I would have been less pissed since it cost us no draft pick and the minimum income.

You ask any long snapper and the differences of technique are minimal. It all comes down to how well they handle pressure. Leach has played in a handful of playoff games. Paxton has won three titles. Also, he brings the locker room attitude McDaniels wants to install here. $200K for those benefits, plus him being two years younger, is nothing. Complaining about it is acting like a five year old throwing a fit because mommy didn't cut the crust off your sandwich.

Who was the RB we already had when we traded for Maroney? Moreno and Larsen were questionable, White was on IR. Buckhalter and a couple UDFAs are what you'd want to have responsible for protecting Orton's back?

b****ing about trading for Maroney is about as rational as the people who b**** about trading for Hochstein and LeKevin Smith. We gave up a late round pick that typically isn't worth anything for some actual value needs we were facing on Sundays. If McDaniels didn't trade for Maroney and we watched Ball blow a pass pro assignment leading to Orton having his leg broke in half we'd have a bunch of hindsight critics complaining about why we didn't go out and get someone who could at least handle pass pro.

Back to Hillis though, sure, a lot of people didn't like the trade. Mostly because they have absolutely zero objectivity when it comes to Peyton Hillis. He played like **** in 2009. Literally didn't even know how to line up coming out of the huddle. He then followed that horrible season up by saying he wanted more carries in a media interview. In what world does that make sense? I've yet to see a single compelling argument to suggest that Hillis would have had his big breakout here in Denver, where he failed to learn the offense in one pre-season already and where our OL has obviously been the problem with running the ball, not the backs.

Tons of players have been traded or released who go on to do great things. Most football fans understand that to be a reality of the sport. It happens for the same reason that many FAs suck when they go to a different team. Player performance is primarily a product of the system. Hillis was either unable or unwilling to learn this system and McDaniels let him move on when he made that clear. If Hillis was still here he'd probably still have passes bouncing off his face mask, making us burn time outs trying to get him lined up right, and occasionally having one or two good runs that make the Hillis faithful keep the delusion alive.

At the heart of all this though is one simple truth. You would find something to b**** about NO MATTER WHAT because McDaniels isn't keeping all your familiar faces. He could have kept Leach and Hillis and the haters here would find something else to b**** about because they can't cope with the fact that Shanahan is gone and **** is going to change. Consider that the best complaints you've leveled so far amounts to $200K, a late 5th round pick, and letting a backup RB walk.

This compared to Shanahan giving Foxworth away because he didn't want him competing with Dre Bly, burning a 2nd round pick on Pierce simply to "win" the contract dispute with Al Wilson, giving Ian Gold a massive contract post-knee injury, and about a billion other things. In comparison to what we had the last decade and a half McDaniels is a player personnel GENIUS.

baja
11-21-2010, 05:57 AM
As soon as we are winning with some consistency these yockles will love Josh and pretend they always did.

strafen
11-21-2010, 07:03 AM
You ask any long snapper and the differences of technique are minimal. It all comes down to how well they handle pressure. Leach has played in a handful of playoff games. Paxton has won three titles. Also, he brings the locker room attitude McDaniels wants to install here. $200K for those benefits, plus him being two years younger, is nothing. Complaining about it is acting like a five year old throwing a fit because mommy didn't cut the crust off your sandwich.

Who was the RB we already had when we traded for Maroney? Moreno and Larsen were questionable, White was on IR. Buckhalter and a couple UDFAs are what you'd want to have responsible for protecting Orton's back?

b****ing about trading for Maroney is about as rational as the people who b**** about trading for Hochstein and LeKevin Smith. We gave up a late round pick that typically isn't worth anything for some actual value needs we were facing on Sundays. If McDaniels didn't trade for Maroney and we watched Ball blow a pass pro assignment leading to Orton having his leg broke in half we'd have a bunch of hindsight critics complaining about why we didn't go out and get someone who could at least handle pass pro.

Back to Hillis though, sure, a lot of people didn't like the trade. Mostly because they have absolutely zero objectivity when it comes to Peyton Hillis. He played like **** in 2009. Literally didn't even know how to line up coming out of the huddle. He then followed that horrible season up by saying he wanted more carries in a media interview. In what world does that make sense? I've yet to see a single compelling argument to suggest that Hillis would have had his big breakout here in Denver, where he failed to learn the offense in one pre-season already and where our OL has obviously been the problem with running the ball, not the backs.

Tons of players have been traded or released who go on to do great things. Most football fans understand that to be a reality of the sport. It happens for the same reason that many FAs suck when they go to a different team. Player performance is primarily a product of the system. Hillis was either unable or unwilling to learn this system and McDaniels let him move on when he made that clear. If Hillis was still here he'd probably still have passes bouncing off his face mask, making us burn time outs trying to get him lined up right, and occasionally having one or two good runs that make the Hillis faithful keep the delusion alive.

At the heart of all this though is one simple truth. You would find something to b**** about NO MATTER WHAT because McDaniels isn't keeping all your familiar faces. He could have kept Leach and Hillis and the haters here would find something else to b**** about because they can't cope with the fact that Shanahan is gone and **** is going to change. Consider that the best complaints you've leveled so far amounts to $200K, a late 5th round pick, and letting a backup RB walk.

This compared to Shanahan giving Foxworth away because he didn't want him competing with Dre Bly, burning a 2nd round pick on Pierce simply to "win" the contract dispute with Al Wilson, giving Ian Gold a massive contract post-knee injury, and about a billion other things. In comparison to what we had the last decade and a half McDaniels is a player personnel GENIUS.

Are you serious?
As usual. A lot of typing and nothing of essence being said...

OABB
11-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Are you serious?

Lol. Drek is probably the best poster here. Just take your lickings like a man.

errand
11-21-2010, 08:05 AM

Exactly....I wonder why nobody has started an Alphonso Smith thread yet. Afterall numerous posters on here touted him as a bust, a wasted pick, etc....so they get their wish, he's sent packing and now currently is tied for #2 in INT's with 5.

People on here act like getting rid of Hillis is akin to the Curse of the Bambino

errand
11-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Are you serious?

I agree nothing of essence is being said...but c'mon, you really think 15 words would be considered alot of typing?

errand
11-21-2010, 08:12 AM
For what it's worth...Alphonso Smith is # 2 in INT's......#5 in passes defensed with 12...has one return for TD and a fumble recovery. Just saying.....

_Oro_
11-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Exactly....I wonder why nobody has started an Alphonso Smith thread yet. Afterall numerous posters on here touted him as a bust, a wasted pick, etc....so they get their wish, he's sent packing and now currently is tied for #2 in INT's with 5.

People on here act like getting rid of Hillis is akin to the Curse of the Bambino

There hasn't been much of a shortage of Phonzy talk at all. Phonz
is the classic example of a guy who for whatever reason wasn't getting
it done off the field or on the field. You could see in the last couple of preseason games he started to bring some more intensity but it was too little too late. Phonz had burned his bridge with McD. He got shipped out and started playing harder after having his wake-up call. Sometimes guys need
that wakeup call to perform.

The thing I like about the Hillis and Phonzy moves is that McD got rid of guys
who were not doing their jobs. And everyone knows that if you're a Bronco then you're going to practice hard and play hard all the time, no matter how much talent you have, or you're getting shipped out.

errand
11-21-2010, 08:55 AM
There hasn't been much of a shortage of Phonzy talk at all. Phonz
is the classic example of a guy who for whatever reason wasn't getting
it done off the field or on the field. You could see in the last couple of preseason games he started to bring some more intensity but it was too little too late. Phonz had burned his bridge with McD. He got shipped out and started playing harder after having his wake-up call. Sometimes guys need
that wakeup call to perform.

The thing I like about the Hillis and Phonzy moves is that McD got rid of guys
who were not doing their jobs. And everyone knows that if you're a Bronco then you're going to practice hard and play hard all the time, no matter how much talent you have, or you're getting shipped out.

I'm not lamenting Josh dumping smith...just pointing out the same thing you are...a change of scenery (wake-up call) is sometimes all a player needs for the light bulb to click on and start getting his ass in gear and produce.

CEH
11-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I really don't care about how Paxton correlates to Hillis however for the record we did give him a $1MM signing bonus over and above what we were paying Leach.

Garcia Bronco
11-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Why do you guys care what these dudes get paid?

Popps
11-21-2010, 09:41 AM
I really don't care about how Paxton correlates to Hillis however for the record we did give him a $1MM signing bonus over and above what we were paying Leach.

$1M is peanuts in the NFL world, and we're talking about a long-snapper.

It was a guy McD thought would help his special teams and potentially his locker room.

It's just simply not a story.

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:27 AM
look at how hillis runs in the short yardage situation..
He is a stud..
**** you Mcd..

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:29 AM
**** YOU MORON for trading Hillis..You piece of ****..

broncofan2438
11-21-2010, 10:34 AM
What a bunch of crybabies. Get the **** over it. Hes gone

Inkana7
11-21-2010, 10:36 AM
100 PAGES!!!

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/images/smilies/party.gif

I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

frerottenextelway
11-21-2010, 10:38 AM
TD Hillis!

Karenin
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM

Aren't you like 60 years old? Why do you type like a retarded 4 year old?

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
TD Hillis..

MCD..you piece of ****..****ing moron..you ****ing idiot

CEH
11-21-2010, 10:40 AM
$1M is peanuts in the NFL world, and we're talking about a long-snapper.

It was a guy McD thought would help his special teams and potentially his locker room.

It's just simply not a story.

I know but alteast whomever needs to get the facts straight when discussing comparative salaries

It's all funny money to us until someone gets hurt.

frerottenextelway
11-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Let's hit 200 pages by the end of the season.

Karenin
11-21-2010, 10:45 AM
TD Hillis..

Jesus christ man, get a ****ing grip. It's just a game. Is your life really so pathetic that a game gets you this worked up?

P.S. That's a rhetorical question, obviously you lead some sort of horrible, worthless life.

errand
11-21-2010, 10:47 AM
TD Hillis..

You should be thanking McDaniels instead of bitching...Hillis finally got that wake up call that he evidamndently needed to have, and is finally taking advantage of his playing time.....your son is playing alot more, you should be happy, ****wad

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:49 AM
You should be thanking McDaniels instead of b****ing...Hillis finally got that wake up call that he evidamndently needed to have, and is finally taking advantage of his playing time.....your son is playing alot more, you should be happy, ****wad

He was playing well in Denver also..****ing Mcd doesn't know how to use Running backs..

errand
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
BTW.. the Broncos are playing tomorrow night....in case you didn't know

Why would any Bronco fan watch the ****ing Browns anyways? Only reason i can come up with is they're not a Broncos fan....they're a Hillis fan

go_broncos
haaaaaaaaaa...Mcd...you moron..

frerottenextelway
Wow, 47 yarder for Hillis. Might be his best play this year. Close to 100 total yards already.

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
BTW.. the Broncos are playing tomorrow night....in case you didn't know

Why would any Bronco fan watch the ****ing Browns anyways? Only reason i can come up with is they're not a Broncos fan....they're a Hillis fan

if you are so concerned..then don't open the ****ing thread..

go_broncos
11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Wow, 47 yarder for Hillis. Might be his best play this year. Close to 100 total yards already.

As per Mcd lovers..he is lazy and doesn't play perform in Practice.

Inkana7
11-21-2010, 10:55 AM

Browns got 0 points on that drive.

errand
11-21-2010, 10:55 AM
He was playing well in Denver also..****ing Mcd doesn't know how to use Running backs..

Doesn't matter what he did in Denver, if it did then you'd have bitched about Portis running for 1300 yards a year in DC while we had the likes of Selvyn Young and Peyton Hillis leading our team in rushing and Champ Bailey anchored a secondary that got raped by Peyton Manning in the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

I wish all former Broncos well when they exit the Rocky mountains.....but i don't whine like a little bitch because they put together a decent year or two somewhere else. Here's a thing...why don't you applaud all the imports on the Broncos roster that are doing well like Orton, Gaffney and Lloyd instead of whining about what the exports are doing?

Inkana7
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
haaaaaaaaaa...Mcd...you moron..

Someone's Vagina hurts :(

DenverBrit
11-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Give it a rest.

http://www.enterpriseirregulars.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/broken_record.jpg

Archer81
11-21-2010, 11:03 AM

You are the reason Idiocracy is true.

You prove it more and more every day.

****tard.

Homer Simpson
11-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Gobroncos you are a sad and pathetic little man. We gave up a good player. IN MARCH. Get over it, get the sand out of your vagina and grow a sack. I think even if we go to the playoffs you'll still be sitting on your couch, indented by your 300 pound ass, rocking back and forth holding your Hillis doll which is soaked in your tears.

Archer81
11-21-2010, 11:09 AM
Gobroncos you are a sad and pathetic little man. We gave up a good player. IN MARCH. Get over it, get the sand out of your vagina and grow a sack. I think even if we go to the playoffs you'll still be sitting on your couch, indented by your 300 pound ass, rocking back and forth holding your Hillis doll which is soaked in your tears.

The doll is inflatable and those are not tears.

For shame, No_Broncos. For shame.

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Let's hit 200 pages by the end of the season.

Well, if Popps keeps making excuses for McD, the reactions will hit. If Hillis scores a TD, Go Broncos will comment. This has turned into a debate on not only Hillis but McD so with half the season over, possible 70 more pages by February (when he makes the Pro Bowl, it might hit 200!).

broncocalijohn
11-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Doesn't matter what he did in Denver, if it did then you'd have b****ed about Portis running for 1300 yards a year in DC while we had the likes of Selvyn Young and Peyton Hillis leading our team in rushing and Champ Bailey anchored a secondary that got raped by Peyton Manning in the playoffs in consecutive seasons.

I wish all former Broncos well when they exit the Rocky mountains.....but i don't whine like a little b**** because they put together a decent year or two somewhere else. Here's a thing...why don't you applaud all the imports on the Broncos roster that are doing well like Orton, Gaffney and Lloyd instead of whining about what the exports are doing?

I think go broncos bitches in this thread more to scream at McDaniels than to praise Hillis. If he is praising Hillis, it is also to bash McD. To be fair, this thread has continued because it wasnt Hillis leaving in Free agency or an equal trade. It was because we have shown it was lopsided and so far we got raped. One more pick to give up to include the plunger.

Requiem
11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Hillis with a strong 2.8 YPC today. Awesome.

Glad he is the only receiving threat the Browns have though. Must be real tough catching safety valve passes out of the backfield when their offensive starters at wide receiver consist of Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder.