PDA

View Full Version : Anyong else think Orton will have a huge game Thursday?

mr007
11-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Just a feeling I'm getting.

At the game on Sunday, when he came in, I never thought I would be cheering for him replacing another QB on our team. For whatever reason, I believe he's going to light up the Giants.

SouthStndJunkie
11-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Define 'huge game'.

PRBronco
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, if Harris is back, possibly. The Giants defensive line is excellent, so he'll need all the help he can get from our O-line. I was just watching something on the NFL network that was pointing out how much New York's secondary has struggled, so if he's not harrassed too much, it's not out of the question.

mr007
11-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Define 'huge game'.

I think he's going to have 300ish yards and 3 TDs.

gtown
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
A good Giants pass rush and Orton on one leg? It will be epic. Of course, everyone is off the bandwagon now, so we can resume winning.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I think he's going to have 300ish yards and 3 TDs.

for him that's El Fuego....

http://www.alarm1ny.com/resources/big+fire.jpg

oubronco
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
Will he have a huge game.............................Damn I hope so

Rohirrim
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
I just want the W. Whatever it takes.

Circle Orange
11-24-2009, 07:30 PM
He'd better...or it's time for the tar and feathers.

KipCorrington25
11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't.

cabronco
11-24-2009, 07:39 PM
no

but I F****n hope so, along with the rest of the team. :thumbsup:

brncs_fan
11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't know one way or the other. I just hope we get a W and get off the schnitzel.

yerner
11-24-2009, 07:44 PM
has orton ever had a huge game?

brncs_fan
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
has orton ever had a huge game?

New England

baja
11-24-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know 007, on his best day Orton is not very mobile and

NY has a great DL and even if Harris plays he is sure to be less that 100 %

Bronx33
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
If there was ever a time summon the powers of the neckbeard thursday would be just fine with me.

mr007
11-24-2009, 07:52 PM

Yeah I'm well aware.... there was just something to seeing him on Sunday, I just have a gut feeling.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 07:58 PM

http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/star-wars-pope-faith.jpg

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
If there was ever a time summon the powers of the neckbeard thursday would be just fine with me.
http://blogs.westword.com/demver/HM%20horacegreely%20explore%20PA%20history.jpg

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I think he will be effective enough for the game to be competitive. The Giants are missing a few key players, and the defense as a whole seems to have lost a step since the loss of Spagnulo

houghtam
11-24-2009, 08:23 PM

Just an FYI, the Giants DL hasn't been playing even close to how they had in years past. Tuck, Umenyiora, and Kiwanuka are all only producing sacks at about 50-60% of the pace they all were last year...which can explain why NYG's secondary's been getting lit up lately.

Not saying they don't still have skill, but something's not the same about them this year, and that's a good thing.

broncosteven
11-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Here is to hoping our O gets back on track and puts up more points than the last 4 weeks combined.

I hope that 37 points is enough to beat the Gints.

Hogan11
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM

Hilarious! Awesome.

Rigs11
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I hope he has a great day so all the losers around here will quit posting their dribble.

baja
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah I'm well aware.... there was just something to seeing him on Sunday, I just have a gut feeling.

Ya those strong hunches are very often right on. Hope your right. :strong:

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 09:38 PM
I hope he has a great day so all the losers around here will quit posting their dribble.

waaaaah.

Stop attacking the messenger. Be mad at the team all you want, but crying because some people are pointing out what is wrong and are criticizing the team is lame.

Rigs11
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
waaaaah.

Stop attacking the messenger. Be mad at the team all you want, but crying because some people are pointing out what is wrong and are criticizing the team is lame.

Don't flatter yourself.No one's crying, just pointing out how you clowns weren't around when we were winning.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Don't flatter yourself.No one's crying, just pointing out how you clowns weren't around when we were winning.

All a win is gonna do is make them disappear into obscurity till the colts game, when they can gloom and doom is again.

ZONA
11-24-2009, 10:14 PM
I think this game is going to be a struggle for us. Combine the injuries, a stale offense and a tired defense, I think it will be a very hard game to win. The ONLY way I see us winning this game is if we have NO (capital N, capital O) turnovers on offense and we get at least 1 take away.

jhat01
11-24-2009, 10:25 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/demver/HM%20horacegreely%20explore%20PA%20history.jpg

is that Mike Martz at one of those old timey picture places?:giggle:

strafen
11-24-2009, 10:35 PM
An average at best QB with a bummed leg playing one of the elite teams in the NFL?
Nah, it's not going to happen.
I haven't had enough kool-aid to cloud my good judgment here.
I'll be happy if we win, but it won't be because of the lousy QB we've got...

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:41 PM
An average at best QB with a bummed leg playing one of the elite teams in the NFL?

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/16/itstimetost128501890719375000.jpg

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
is that Mike Martz at one of those old timey picture places?:giggle:

OMG! I didn't even see that! He does look like Mike Martz....A LOT!

HAT
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM

LOL
ROFL!
:spit:

BroncoMan4ever
11-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Just a feeling I'm getting.

At the game on Sunday, when he came in, I never thought I would be cheering for him replacing another QB on our team. For whatever reason, I believe he's going to light up the Giants.

i agree. the way he came in on sunday was incredible. and had that call on Moreno's fumble not been blown, he more than likely has a great game.

i think with another week and being more than a little pissed at how the season has progressed the last 4 weeks, he is going to put on a damn good performance

BossChief
11-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Orton wont have a huge game agiainst NY unless they are up by multiple scores all game.

Taco John
11-24-2009, 11:47 PM
I think we'll have another one of those close games through the 3rd quarter where ultimately it will be whether our defense holds up and our offense can get on the board for at least a TD and a field goal. From there we need a special teams touchdown or a defensive touchdown.

Unless Hillis is in. If Hillis is in I predict we get our 5th rushing touchdown of the season.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Orton wont have a huge game agiainst NY unless they are up by multiple scores all game.

http://www.maniacworld.com/choke-hold-defense.jpg

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTT IT!;D

BossChief
11-25-2009, 12:50 AM
http://www.maniacworld.com/choke-hold-defense.jpg

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTT IT!;D

I know what you were shooting for with that pic, and that aint it! :rofl:

what is it from? It looks like the guy on the left is rubbing the other guys shoulds or something, or are they supposed to be dancing?....very creepy pic.

rastaman
11-25-2009, 06:37 AM
Just an FYI, the Giants DL hasn't been playing even close to how they had in years past. Tuck, Umenyiora, and Kiwanuka are all only producing sacks at about 50-60% of the pace they all were last year...which can explain why NYG's secondary's been getting lit up lately.

Not saying they don't still have skill, but something's not the same about them this year, and that's a good thing.

Point well taken, however, keep in mind the Giants O Line is pretty stout and Jacobs and Bradshaw can really get on a roll. If Denver's offense continues with their 3 downs and out....the Defense will tire and be at the mercy of the Giants vaunted running attack. So even if New Yorks Defense don't pressure and disrupt Orton (highly unlikely) the running attack and O line can win the game on Thursday evening.

rastaman
11-25-2009, 06:42 AM

Agreed. The NYG's will give Denver a healthy dosage of their stud RB's consistening of Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs in the 3rd and 4th qtrs and Manning will throw one or two TD's in the first and second halfs.

As in the last 4 loses, the same scenario of Denver keeping the game close in the first half and by middle of the 3rd qtr and all the 4th qtr the Giants will pull away while dumping another 30 plus points on the Broncos while Denver struggles to score 10-17 points.

Mr.Meanie
11-25-2009, 08:36 AM
waaaaah.

Didn't you constantly complain when Shanahan was here too? Some people just like to be miserable I guess...

Smiling Assassin27
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, if Harris is back, possibly. The Giants defensive line is excellent, so he'll need all the help he can get from our O-line. I was just watching something on the NFL network that was pointing out how much New York's secondary has struggled, so if he's not harrassed too much, it's not out of the question.

Giants DB's have been banged up something awful. I think Eddie Royal may be the flavor of the day.

gtown
11-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Agreed. The NYG's will give Denver a healthy dosage of their stud RB's consistening of Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs in the 3rd and 4th qtrs and Manning will throw one or two TD's in the first and second halfs.

As in the last 4 loses, the same scenario of Denver keeping the game close in the first half and by middle of the 3rd qtr and all the 4th qtr the Giants will pull away while dumping another 30 plus points on the Broncos while Denver struggles to score 10-17 points.

As much as I hate to say it, that is probably likely. Our OL has been a joke lately and the Giants DL has been pretty good. Our DL has looked gassed and the Giants OL has been consistently winning the POA. It could get ugly.

SJ Bronco
11-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I know what you were shooting for with that pic, and that aint it! :rofl:

what is it from? It looks like the guy on the left is rubbing the other guys shoulds or something, or are they supposed to be dancing?....very creepy pic.

Yeah, the others were too harsh, this one was fluffy and kinda funny...ROFL!

cabronco
11-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I think we'll have another one of those close games through the 3rd quarter where ultimately it will be whether our defense holds up and our offense can get on the board for at least a TD and a field goal. From there we need a special teams touchdown or a defensive touchdown.

Unless Hillis is in. If Hillis is in I predict we get our 5th rushing touchdown of the season.

No No No, Hillis is not smart enough to run the football. Even though he ran the ball very well last year. Punished a few tacklers in the process .

TonyR
11-25-2009, 04:25 PM
...Jacobs and Bradshaw can really get on a roll.

Bradshaw isn't playing and Jacobs has been uninspiring this season. Let's hope that continues.

strafen
11-25-2009, 07:42 PM
No No No, Hillis is not smart enough to run the football. Even though he ran the ball very well last year. Punished a few tacklers in the process .I hope that's a sarcasm...

rugbythug
11-25-2009, 07:49 PM
waaaaah.

Pot Meet Kettle

orinjkrush
11-25-2009, 07:52 PM
hope for the best. plan for the worst.

if we have scheff, hillis, doom and royal "unaccounted for, sir"

doesn't look good. but hey, KC beat Peetsberg.

Archer81
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
hope for the best. plan for the worst.

if we have scheff, hillis, doom and royal "unaccounted for, sir"

doesn't look good. but hey, KC beat Peetsberg.

So in your comparison the Giants = Steelers and Broncos = Chiefs?

Thats cold.

:Broncos:

orinjkrush
11-25-2009, 08:03 PM
So in your comparison the Giants = Steelers and Broncos = Chiefs?

Thats cold.

nope they are what they are. it's just that stranger things have happened.

Popps
11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I've got a good feeling about this game. Not sure why. Maybe we're just due.

I guarantee you we're going to see a monumental effort. This team knows just where they are, and if anyone didn't... the meeting should have cleared that up.

Go Broncos.

BossChief
11-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Denver need to get a quick start to get some energy flowing. If they fall behind early, it may all start to unravel for them by halftime. NY is a very good team and some crucial parts are becoming healthy enough to contribute in big games like this one, they have a lot to prove and it would be bad for you guys if they start to get it rolling.

Dont see you guys getting a win Today, sorry guys!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Anyong else think Orton will have a huge game Thursday?

Depends - how healthy is he?

And our O line will have to step up, for sure.

Go Broncos!

mr007
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Well he didn't have a HUGE game, but he did pretty damn well!

Popps
11-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Great game by Orton, as usual. All he does is win.

brncs_fan
11-26-2009, 09:28 PM
I just wanted the win and I will take it

go_broncos
11-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Thank you Orton..You Played really well..

Archer81
11-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Is it too late to say yes?

Bronco Bob
11-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Classic, Nostradamus. ROFL!

NYBronco
11-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice game by Orton and the offense. Solid rushing attack we have been missing the past 4 weeks helped Orton in the passing game. Orton also got very good protection from the O line in passing situations.

houghtam
11-26-2009, 09:59 PM

Not to be THAT guy like a lot of other people have this year, but I think I was right about the DL. They just haven't looked good at all this season.

Archer81
11-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Not to be THAT guy like a lot of other people have this year, but I think I was right about the DL. They just haven't looked good at all this season.

Millen commented on it, the interior of the Giants line is not getting any push, and considering the Broncos offensive line has been getting thrashed inside the last month, it was nice to see us stand them up and then use the ZBS to run at the smaller Osi and Kiwanuka.

watermock
11-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Holstein played great.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 11:33 PM
I was never a big fan of Orton for beig more than a game manager..somebody to do just enough to not cause us to lose but not much towards the win. Tonight he payed his first complete great game! Great deep ball (For him) nice roll outs and creating on the move (OK So he's not J Elway, S Young or R Cunningham..lol) and the emergance of his willingness (and Coaching's) to throw up the deep ball and let players make plays has made the defenses defend the whole field and Marshall has made them pay!!

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I was never a big fan of Orton for beig more than a game manager..somebody to do just enough to not cause us to lose but not much towards the win. Tonight he payed his first complete great game!

Someone get this guy a tape of the Pats game.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 11:38 PM
One big change is Orton being moved in the pocket..rolls and boots, mis direction and play action. One of the Deep Marshall passes the D came free and weeks past it would have been a sack but moving the launch point made all the difference in the world! funny that I have been bitching about the lack thereof since Baltimore, and since it has been in the Gameplan Orton has looked great! Not rocket science just fundamental counter-scheming against what was Ortron's weaknesses! Great job all the way around!

Bronx33
11-26-2009, 11:40 PM

Sorry but this post is borderline stupid it's almost like a puzzle with a missing piece. :spit:

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Someone get this guy a tape of the Pats game.

Orton wasn't that impressive in the Patriots game, and certainly not like the first half of Washington game and the whole of this game! Playing safe and smart isn't the same as playing outside one's comfort zone and still doing well! Orton's finally found a deep ball and some mobility. Say he has always had it and you need to check yourself and the tapes!

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2009, 11:41 PM
Orton wasn't that impressive in the Patriots game,

This is easily one of the most insane things I've ever read.

Bronco Warrior
11-26-2009, 11:47 PM

Then you obviously don't read much especially on this board! lol! Tell me what was so exceptional about his play against the Pats? Because he didn't throw a real pick? Cause he didn't fumble or Do anything truely stupid? Tonight he threw the ball hard, and deep and was on the money with only a couple of notable exceptions. He had fire and command of the game and gave guys like Marshall a chance to be who they could have been all year! Between the Pats game and tonight there is no comparison unless one truelly doesn't understand the position or the game.

Beantown Bronco
11-26-2009, 11:49 PM
Then you obviously don't read much especially on this board! lol! Tell me what was so exceptional about his play against the Pats? Because he didn't throw a real pick? Cause he didn't fumble or Do anything truely stupid? Tonight he threw the ball hard, and deep and was on the money with only a couple of notable exceptions. He had fire and command of the game and gave guys like Marshall a chance to be who they could have been all year! Between the Pats game and tonight there is no comparison unless one truelly doesn't understand the position or the game.

Orton is starting to thrive as the triggerman in the team's spread offense. He completed 35 of 48 for 330 yards and two touchdowns and hit six different receivers vs. the Patriots. Orton's willingness to spread the ball around kept New England from tweaking its coverage to take away one of Denver's leading receivers. However, it was the clever scheming of McDaniels that opened up the field for the passing game. The Broncos used an assortment of four- and five-receiver looks with multiple crossing routes to spread the defense and create big passing windows for Orton. The use of spread formations allowed Orton to quickly identify the potential rushers prior to the snap and the crossing routes were an effective counter to the blitz. Denver's offense has hit its stride and the chemistry between play-caller and triggerman is the reason.

-- Bucky Brooks

Popps
11-26-2009, 11:51 PM

Has there been a crappier new poster in 2009?

Bronco Warrior
11-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Orton is starting to thrive as the triggerman in the team's spread offense. He completed 35 of 48 for 330 yards and two touchdowns and hit six different receivers vs. the Patriots. Orton's willingness to spread the ball around kept New England from tweaking its coverage to take away one of Denver's leading receivers. However, it was the clever scheming of McDaniels that opened up the field for the passing game. The Broncos used an assortment of four- and five-receiver looks with multiple crossing routes to spread the defense and create big passing windows for Orton. The use of spread formations allowed Orton to quickly identify the potential rushers prior to the snap and the crossing routes were an effective counter to the blitz. Denver's offense has hit its stride and the chemistry between play-caller and triggerman is the reason.

-- Bucky Brooks

There is a big difference between Brooks having the warm and fuzzies over somebody beating the Pats that was expected to get thumped, and Orton just doing what he is paid to do and the Orton of Tonight! Orton has been a safe play first manager up till whenm he started to actually play outside his safe mode and be a play maker not just doing enough to win. How many great passes in tight coverage or plays over 20 yards in the air (Not counting YAC) did he have in that Pats game? While it was one of his better games Stats-wise it wasn't like a game where he actually was firing up the players and Throwing rockets into tight coverage and finally FINALLY Throwing up the longball and letting the BEAST go ghet it! Or rolling out or bootlegging..or hell even using a decent play-action fake like he started to show back in the Washington game and put it all togwther for a whole game, on a bad ankle like he did tonight!

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2009, 12:25 AM
In your world a QB can only be impressive and have a complete game if he simply chucks a ball up in the air a few times and hopes his WR come down with it. Got it.

Bronco Warrior
11-27-2009, 12:36 AM
In your world a QB can only be impressive and have a complete game if he simply chucks a ball up in the air a few times and hopes his WR come down with it. Got it.

As usual you missed the point. Baltimore decided not to even bother to cover deep and just go balls out on Orton and shut down the short hot routes and gang rush and meet 8 yards deep directly behind he center, and Orton was right there waiting for them. Do you really think that scheme will work now when Orton is using Play action and misdirection effectively, Rolling out and Bootlegging, and has discovered that he can actually burn a team deep is they don't cover the whole field and sometimes even when they do? Up untill the Baltimore game Orton had one pass that covered more than 30 yards in the air, and NEVER moved the pocket with andything close to mobility, and in this game alone he had completions over 30 yards (in the air not just YAC).. they threw a flea-flicker for hell sakes! The Giants game Orton is much more of a threat than the Pats game Orton.

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2009, 12:49 AM
I'm still just mystified that you can say a guy wasn't impressive in a game in which he completed over 75% of his passes for 330 yds and 2 TDs.....against the #6 ranked pass defense in the league.

I get what you're trying to say about going deep, rolling out and giving a defense more areas to defend. That's all well and good. But don't take your argument too far by totally discrediting anything Orton may have done before the bye week.

He was the very definition of game manager in the first few games, but no way was that the case against NE.

broncosteven
11-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Here is to hoping our O gets back on track and puts up more points than the last 4 weeks combined.

I hope that 37 points is enough to beat the Gints.

Looks like this happened and 23 was enough to beat a spiraling Gints squad.

ScottXray
11-27-2009, 01:27 PM

now THAT is some funny shyt!Hilarious!LOL

sixtimeseight
11-27-2009, 02:34 PM

good call you stupid piece of ****.