PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers! Or why the Chiefs will beat the Chargers

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Week 8: Denver loses to the Ravens.
Week 9: Ravens lose. Denver loses to the Steelers.
Week 10: Steelers lose. Denver loses to the Redskins.
Week 11: Redskins lose. Denver loses to the Chargers.

Week 12: Profit.

So, there it is. Denver has been avenged after each loss.

Take the mortgage to the bank. Chiefs beat the Chargers this week.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I don't see the Chiefs beating the Chargers.

BMarsh615
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM

If the Chargers beat themselves like the Steelers did then the Chiefs have a chance.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 11:07 AM

they better

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 11:15 AM
The Chiefs are playing much better than they did a few weeks ago when they met so this game has a bit of a danger to it but I don't see it happening. I don't know if the Steelers took the game lightly or what but the Chiefs upsetting the Steelers was a good thing IMO. I think there was potential here to be a "trap game" but there's no way they take this game lightly now.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
The Chiefs are playing much better than they did a few weeks ago when they met so this game has a bit of a danger to it but I don't see it happening. I don't know if the Steelers took the game lightly or what but the Chiefs upsetting the Steelers was a good thing IMO. I think there was potential here to be a "trap game" but there's no way they take this game lightly now.

You're a lot more confident in this bunch than I am.

Thankfully Rivers does not fall into the overconfidence trap like our defense tends to do. He will keep us in the game until everyone else pulls their heads out. :giggle:

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 11:58 AM
You're a lot more confident in this bunch than I am.

Thankfully Rivers does not fall into the overconfidence trap like our defense tends to do. He will keep us in the game until everyone else pulls their heads out. :giggle:

Well, here's the deal with the Chiefs. When Herm was in charge, his defense in particular always gave the Chargers problems, whether it was with the Chiefs or Jets. I was glad to see Herm leave. That made the two games with KC much less stressful for me.

The Chiefs will be playing with more confidence this time and maybe Chambers gives them good intel so the game could be slightly more competitive but I don't see it. Their team just doesn't match up well IMO. Chargers cruise to another victory.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
There is another trend that goes against yours.

Week 7: Chargers beat Chiefs
Week 8: Chargers beat Raiders
Week 9: Chargers beat Giants
Week 10: Chargers beat Eagles
Week 11: Chargers beat Broncos

Week 12 ?

One of our trends will be ended this week.

Crushaholic
11-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Reportedly, the Chargers were celebrating the win over the Broncos like they just won the Super Bowl. An upset wouldn't be TOTALLY out of the picture...

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Reportedly, the Chargers were celebrating the win over the Broncos like they just won the Super Bowl. An upset wouldn't be TOTALLY out of the picture...

Hey, you gotta have hope, right?

BroncoMatt
11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
it wouldn't suck if the chiefs handed the chargers a divisional loss

Hogan11
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
it wouldn't suck if the chiefs handed the chargers a divisional loss

They're due to screw up and drop a game or two here shortly.

ZachKC
11-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Could happen. I doubt it.

It is just about consistency with the Chiefs. They need to do a better job of eliminating mental mistakes and tackling. The defensive line is doing a pretty good job. They have grown to be solid against the run. They don't get a lot of sacks (maybe good for 1 oe 2) but they do consistently get solid pressure. Disrupting things and even knocking balls down.

The emergence of Charles seems to have helped Haley find more of a rhythm with his playcalling. Which is a good thing.

tsiguy96
11-25-2009, 07:34 AM
the chiefs always seem to come close against the chargers..

bronco militia
11-25-2009, 07:46 AM
the chiefs always seem to come close against the chargers..

and to add, the chiefs always seem to play better the 2nd half of the season

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-25-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm calling it.

Chiefs 24
Chargers 21

Cromartie plows through a gang of preschoolers after the loss.

bronco militia
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
i'm calling it.

Chiefs 24
chargers 21

cromartie plows through a gang of preschoolers after the loss.

lol

Rivers Delivers
11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5883/cupcakedogwarflas.gif

SJ Bronco
11-25-2009, 09:15 AM
I like the thought process here...;)

boltaneer
11-28-2009, 09:29 AM
The upset may be on after all. That's going to be a weak front seven if Castillo and Merriman are out:

SAN DIEGO ---- Luis Castillo's calf injury prompted the Chargers on Friday to list the defensive end as doubtful to play this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Castillo has been the one consistent presence in the Chargers' defensive line rotation this season, and while the team is clearly better with him on the field, it seems to function just fine without him.

Castillo was sidelined for all but eight plays of last week's game at Denver, yet the Chargers still dominated the Broncos' line in a 32-3 victory.
Piecing together a defensive-line rotation is nothing new for the Chargers. They've battled through injury setbacks all season and have learned to play well without their ideal personnel.

"We do a great job of rotating guys and keeping everyone fresh," defensive end Jacques Cesaire said. "We go as hard as we can, knowing that someone will come in and relieve us. That won't change because of the situation. Another guy has to step up, and we believe he will. We all practice like we're going to play, and I'm confident we'll fill the void left by Luis and continue playing well."

Rookie Vaughn Martin will likely be active in Castillo's stead, and while he doesn't play left end as well as Castillo, the veterans believe they can easily compensate.

"We feel like we have six starters in this room," defensive lineman Travis Johnson said. "All of us have played big roles on this team and teams before. If you have six guys with that mentality, you can't beat that. Everybody knows how to play all three positions. We all trust each other and we believe that we can mix and match guys, move them around the line and still dominate up front."

Merriman's status uncertain

Outside linebacker Shawne Merriman rarely practices early in the week due to a nagging foot problem. But his plantar fasciitis has sidelined him all week, and it could keep Merriman from playing against Kansas City.
While he has been quick to dismiss his injury report status and declare himself eligible to play in weeks past, Merriman wouldn't do that after Friday's practice.

"It's one of those things that just takes time to go away," said Merriman, who's listed as questionable to play.

"There's nothing you can do about it. You just have to rest it. It's best to calm it down as much as possible, and that's what we're doing. I'm comfortable enough with our game plan that I can play without practicing too much, but I'm still not sure about Sunday."

If Merriman can't go, Larry English will start with both James Holt and Brandon Siler spelling him.

In other injury news, center Nick Hardwick (ankle) is questionable for Sunday's game.

Wide receiver Vincent Jackson (ribs), punter Mike Scifres (groin), outside linebacker Shaun Phillips (ankle) and Johnson (groin) are all probable to play against the Chiefs.

Los Broncos
11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I would love an upset but this game shouldn't even be close.

The Joker
11-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Chargers will destroy them.

Paladin
11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
There are other games to come the Sparkies can lose......

sixtimeseight
11-28-2009, 10:45 AM
The upset may be on after all. That's going to be a weak front seven if Castillo and Merriman are out:

The two ex-roidheads are both out with injuries? Wow, what a surprise. Don't worry though, the Chargers are a better team with those jokers on the bench.

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
11-28-2009, 11:43 AM

That's the prediction we needed to hear. Chargers lose for sure

boltaneer
11-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Don't worry though, the Chargers are a better team with those jokers on the bench.

Gotta love guys with no football acumen making statements like this. :rofl:

400HZ
11-28-2009, 01:55 PM

It's always injuries at the positions that have already been decimated by injury, too. Castillo was our only remaining starting-caliber defensive lineman, and there is **** all behind Phillips and English since Tucker and Applewhite are both IRed already. Marques Harris should probably be getting a phone call here soon.

Paladin
11-28-2009, 02:18 PM

WTF??? He's got acumen. He just isn't good at displaying it.....

BlaK-Argentina
11-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey, you gotta have hope, right?

I love how you guys act like you're God's gift to football just because you won 5 games in a row. I'd actually be fine with you taking the division if it means we get another shot at you, in SD.

ZONA
11-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Every year it seems 99% of the teams will lose 1 or 2 games they never expected to. Call them trap games, call it playing the odds, call it whatever, it usually happens a few times per year. Like the Bengals losing to the Raiders or the Steelers losing to the Chiefs.

I'm hoping the Chiefs can play excellent football and that the Bolts are less then enthused and make some mental mistakes.

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Unless the chargers go on a bender the night before and pass tila tequlia around there is no way the chargers lose this one.

Bronx33
11-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Hilarious!

boltaneer
11-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I love how you guys act like you're God's gift to football just because you won 5 games in a row. I'd actually be fine with you taking the division if it means we get another shot at you, in SD.

Huh?

This isn't being about "God's gift to football", whatever that means. People on this message board are so sensitive in regards to anything about the Chargers.

The reason I'm confident about this game is because it's the freakin Chiefs! Yeah, they managed to luck out a win last week but you guys will have the same confident feeling come next week.

Get over it.

BlaK-Argentina
11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Huh?

This isn't being about "God's gift to football", whatever that means. People on this message board are so sensitive in regards to anything about the Chargers.

The reason I'm confident about this game is because it's the freakin Chiefs! Yeah, they managed to luck out a win last week but you guys will have the same confident feeling come next week.

Get over it.

Nah, because you said "You can only hope" or something, like we are desperate for SD to lose so we can "steal" the division or whatever. Or at least that's how I read it. Of course, I always try to find crap in what other people do or say. :afro: Especially when talking about SD because I hate their players so much. (and really, admit that you have a lot of players that are easy to hate)

Like I said, I just want the Broncos to win enough games to make it to the playoffs and get another shot at you guys.

And actually, I'm worried about KC. They are a bit competitive lately and the ghost of Shanny's teams losing to lesser teams and the Redskins game this year has me thinking we might screw up just when we need to win to make it in. (as in RIGHT NOW)

boltaneer
11-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Nah, because you said "You can only hope" or something, like we are desperate for SD to lose so we can "steal" the division or whatever. Or at least that's how I read it. Of course, I always try to find crap in what other people do or say. :afro: Especially when talking about SD because I hate their players so much. (and really, admit that you have a lot of players that are easy to hate)

Like I said, I just want the Broncos to win enough games to make it to the playoffs and get another shot at you guys.

And actually, I'm worried about KC. They are a bit competitive lately and the ghost of Shanny's teams losing to lesser teams and the Redskins game this year has me thinking we might screw up just when we need to win to make it in. (as in RIGHT NOW)

With Castillo out and Merriman and Phillips limping, and the Chiefs playing their best ball of the season and coming in with confidence, this could be a tough game.

It shouldn't be though. We'll see tomorrow. :)

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Seems the injury bug is also following the teams that have beaten Denver.

Ngata, Suggs. Roethlisberger, Polamalu. DeAngelo Hall, Betts, Haynesworth. Castillo, Merriman.

I'm onto something, people. Follow me here.

sixtimeseight
11-29-2009, 12:27 PM

In regards to Marshall's trial:

4 women, 2 men.

The deal is done.

I think he will get suspended 8 games and maybe 30 days in jail...

lulz.

Next please.

Greatspirits
11-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Week 8: Denver loses to the Ravens.
Week 9: Ravens lose. Denver loses to the Steelers.
Week 10: Steelers lose. Denver loses to the Redskins.
Week 11: Redskins lose. Denver loses to the Chargers.

Week 12: Profit.

So, there it is. Denver has been avenged after each loss.

Take the mortgage to the bank. Chiefs beat the Chargers this week.

Man people post some stupid sh*t!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM
Man people post some stupid sh*t!

You thought it was serious? Dumb ****.

Bronx33
11-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Hilarious!