PDA

View Full Version : 1st Thanksgiving Game in Denver

LittleFloyd
11-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Back in 1962 the Broncos hosted the 1st Thanksgiving day game in Denver. The opponet was New York. New York Titans in the old and wonderful AFL. This was the first year the Broncos wore the orange jerseys. The announced crowd that day at Bears Stadium was 15,776.

It was a great game, back and forth scoring. The Titans won the gave 46-45. The QB's were Frank Tripucka for our guys vs. Al Dorow for the Titans. The Titans jumped out to a 21-7 lead but the Broncos bounced back on a long fumble recovery TD by DT Bud McFadin and an interception return for a TD by Jim McMillan. But the Titans pulled ahead at the end on a TD pass from Dorow to Art Powell.

It was a good back and forth game. I was there and will be again Thursday evening.

bronco militia
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Back in 1962 the Broncos hosted the 1st Thanksgiving day game in Denver. The opponet was New York. New York Titans in the old and wonderful AFL. This was the first year the Broncos wore the orange jerseys. The announced crowd that day at Bears Stadium was 15,776.

It was a great game, back and forth scoring. The Titans won the gave 46-45. The QB's were Frank Tripucka for our guys vs. Al Dorow for the Titans. The Titans jumped out to a 21-7 lead but the Broncos bounced back on a long fumble recovery TD by DT Bud McFadin and an interception return for a TD by Jim McMillan. But the Titans pulled ahead at the end on a TD pass from Dorow to Art Powell.

It was a good back and forth game. I was there and will be again Thursday evening.

hopefully this game is that entertaining.......thanks for sharing

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 10:08 AM
Old fart! ;D

Cool story. Hopefully we can pull of the 'W' this time around.

I remember when we played the cowgirls on Thanksgiving in '05. I was in Texas, at my in-laws house. HUGE cowgirls fans. I'm talking like scary fans. Almost stalkerish.. My wifes Dad is a big man. He rocks sleeveless shirts and a mullet daily. It was a close game all the way through and we pulled out the win in the end. He actually KICKED US OUT OF HIS HOUSE! I was obviously cheering when we won the game and he kicked us out for being disrespectful. Funniest Thanksgiving ever.

LittleFloyd
11-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Old fart! ;D

I remember when we played the cowgirls on Thanksgiving in '05. I was in Texas, at my in-laws house. HUGE cowgirls fans. I'm talking like scary fans. Almost stalkerish.. My wifes Dad is a big man. He rocks sleeveless shirts and a mullet daily. It was a close game all the way through and we pulled out the win in the end. He actually KICKED US OUT OF HIS HOUSE! I was obviously cheering when we won the game and he kicked us out for being disrespectful. Funniest Thanksgiving ever.

Rep. Hilarious!

cousinal11
11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Old fart! ;D

Ron F'n Dayne.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Ron F'n Dayne.

Yeah, I got the stink eye that day too. Love RD

broncosteven
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Too bad Titan's 1977 thread died with the losing streak it was fun to relieve the 77 season.

I like football history as much as the live games.

BTW are the Broncos NFL networks unoffical Thanksgiving team like Dullas and Detwat?

Hogan11
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Ron F'n Dayne.

I would've liked to have seen what he could do as a starter just once whilst he was in Denver. The guy was never given the chance.