PDA

View Full Version : Chargers fans........please

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 09:08 AM
Chargers on a 5 game win streak, take over sole possesion of the AFW west, and they cant even sell out their next game after that? Come on, pathetic fans. I would understand if they were 4-6 or 3-5, but they have a solid winning team and cant sell out? Even the St Louis rams bandwagon fans can sell out that stadium when their team is good.

DenverBrit
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM
Chargers on a 5 game win streak, take over sole possesion of the AFW west, and they cant even sell out their next game after that? Come on, pathetic fans. I would understand if they were 4-6 or 3-5, but they have a solid winning team and cant sell out? Even the St Louis rams bandwagon fans can sell out that stadium when their team is good.

Season's over, they split with the Broncos.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 09:37 AM
Were both of you at the game last Sunday?

400HZ
11-24-2009, 09:38 AM
And sheesh, if it was a bandwagon issue then wouldn't the bandwagon be full up after a 5 game win streak?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
And sheesh, if it was a bandwagon issue then wouldn't the bandwagon be full up after a 5 game win streak?

You'd think. But that's the problem: Chargers fans aren't even smart enough to figure out when they're supposed to get on and off the bandwagon.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Were both of you at the game last Sunday?

yep, and going to KC in December for the Broncos/Chiefs game there.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM

thats what I would think too, after the 5 game win streak, thats when all the tickets would get bought up.

Los Broncos
11-24-2009, 09:50 AM
It's because the surf is up.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 09:59 AM
im just sayin, the broncos might not have the massive sell out streaks like green bay or maybe pittsburgh, but I garuntee when the broncos didnt sell out whenver that was, they had a losing record.

richpjr
11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Who cares if another team sells out their games or not?

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Who cares if another team sells out their games or not?

Sorry,

Making fun of chargers fans helps me feel better after 4 straight losses. Especially if there are charger fans on the board.

richpjr
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Well, they could make fun of Bronco fans flooding out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter if they wanted. With the economy as bad as it is everywhere, I'm not surprised that there aren't more games not sold out, though maybe not for a first place team.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, they could make fun of Bronco fans flooding out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter if they wanted. With the economy as bad as it is everywhere, I'm not surprised that there aren't more games not sold out, though maybe not for a first place team.

Yep, that was my point

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Sorry,

Making fun of chargers fans helps me feel better after 4 straight losses. Especially if there are charger fans on the board.

yeah, I've spent the past 5 weeks drowning my sorrows in raider fan dysfunction. It helps trust me.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
im just sayin, the broncos might not have the massive sell out streaks like green bay or maybe pittsburgh, but I garuntee when the broncos didnt sell out whenver that was, they had a losing record.

When was the last time the broncos didnt sell out? a gazillion years ago?

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2009, 10:56 AM

The Denver Broncos have the longest sell out streak of any team in the NFL besided the Washington Redskins.

Packers fans are chumps. They didn't sell out games when the packers stunk up the joint in the 70's and 80's...

I'll wager the Broncos home sell out streak against the stellers home sell out streak. I have a feeling that they probably didn't sell out every game in the 1980s but that is a complete guess on my part.

bronco militia
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
The Denver Broncos have the longest sell out streak of any team in the NFL besided the Washington Redskins.

Packers fans are chumps. They didn't sell out games when the packers stunk up the joint in the 70's and 80's...

I'll wager the Broncos home sell out streak against the stellers home sell out streak. I have a feeling that they probably didn't sell out every game in the 1980s but that is a complete guess on my part.

I bet most steeler fans don't live in PA...

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 11:00 AM
With the cost of living so high in California, let alone SD, people are just trying to hold on to their houses. I understand why there aren't Average Joe's swarming the stands but surely there are enough people that are "above the recession" to take up some space. I don't know. Maybe not. I think what it comes down to is priorities. If I can't afford to make my house payment your not going to see me at a game. As a fan, I can laugh and ridicule. As a guy who is feeling the hurt as well, I understand.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I bet most steeler fans don't live in PA...

Not sure what that has to do with selling out home games in Pittsburgh but you are probably right.

chadta
11-24-2009, 11:13 AM
With the cost of living so high in California, let alone SD, people are just trying to hold on to their houses. I understand why there aren't Average Joe's swarming the stands but surely there are enough people that are "above the recession" to take up some space. I don't know. Maybe not. I think what it comes down to is priorities. If I can't afford to make my house payment your not going to see me at a game. As a fan, I can laugh and ridicule. As a guy who is feeling the hurt as well, I understand.

rational well thought out posts like this have no place on this forum, besides you didnt mention mcdaniels or cutler once, be gone newb

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 11:19 AM
rational well thought out posts like this have no place on this forum, besides you didnt mention mcdaniels or cutler once, be gone newb

It took a 154 posts to be called a newb. Congrats! You win! ^5

Now go eat a dyck and get ****ed!

Kthnxbai :wave:

missingnumber7
11-24-2009, 11:20 AM

Actually the Packers have sold out Lambeau since the 60's and even sold out when they were play games in Milwalkee on occation.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM

I understand this to a point, but if interest was there, the economy wouldn't be an excuse. Its not an excuse for all the other NFL stadiums that have been selling out. San Diego has long had problems with its fan base, which is probably why they will move at some point. Not to mention, getting in and out of that ugly ass stadium is a ****ing nightmare.

missingnumber7
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
I understand this to a point, but if interest was there, the economy wouldn't be an excuse. Its not an excuse for all the other NFL stadiums that have been selling out. San Diego has long had problems with its fan base, which is probably why they will move at some point. Not to mention, getting in and out of that ugly ass stadium is a ****ing nightmare.

To support your case is money is such an issue and the economy is so poor then why is one of the places most effected by the recession, with the worst team in the league not having blackout problems...The Detroit Lions?

_Oro_
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM

I'm sure McChad was joking but not so sure about DenverBound's response here.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 11:37 AM

Actually the local Chargers television ratings have gone up 5 points this year compared to last. So the interest is there, but, uhoh, ****ing bandwagoners. Haha, it's tough to win against all the self-righteousness that Broncos fans manage to pull together.

With the economy as crappy as it is around Southern California, you just end up looking like an asshole waging your finger at a guy who decides to save his family a couple hundred dollars by watching the game at home.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
To support your case is money is such an issue and the economy is so poor then why is one of the places most effected by the recession, with the worst team in the league not having blackout problems...The Detroit Lions?

You might want to check your figures.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=Tombstone RJ;2652840]The Denver Broncos have the longest sell out streak of any team in the NFL besided the Washington Redskins.

QUOTE]

Really,

I didnt know that? Where is this guy now?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86747

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j11-51sCLQDxJiavUTZgUfqvAMcAD9C2PSA00

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4500240

http://www.upnorthlive.com/sports/story.aspx?id=379313

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Actually the local Chargers television ratings have gone up 5 points this year compared to last. So the interest is there, but, uhoh, ****ing bandwagoners. Haha, it's tough to win against all the self-righteousness that Broncos fans manage to pull together.

With the economy as crappy as it is around Southern California, you just end up looking like an a-hole waging your finger at a guy who decides to save his family a couple hundred dollars by watching the game at home.

You make great points, but sadly, with the blackout rules in the NFL, if they dont sell out, there will be no game on TV, so there will be no ratings at all.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j11-51sCLQDxJiavUTZgUfqvAMcAD9C2PSA00

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4500240

http://www.upnorthlive.com/sports/story.aspx?id=379313

ya it was a bad comparison with the lions, but the lions are 2-7 and in last place, the chargers are in first place. Might be the only division leader facing a blackout. Well I take that back, the Bengals might, i have seen a lot of empty seats there, but I think all of them are back on the bandwagon.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM

With the economy as crappy as it is around Southern California, you just end up looking like an a-hole waging your finger at a guy who decides to save his family a couple hundred dollars by watching the game at home.

I'm not denying the economy is part of the issue, but its not THE issue. I live in SoCal, I'm well aware of the issues that effect a bunch of people, but c'mon, we are talking about 8 games a year in a pretty populated area. The interest is not there, the interest has never been that high for the chargers. Southern California just isnt a great sports area.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm not denying the economy is part of the issue, but its not THE issue. I live in SoCal, I'm well aware of the issues that effect a bunch of people, but c'mon, we are talking about 8 games a year in a pretty populated area. The interest is not there, the interest has never been that high for the chargers. Southern California just isnt a great sports area.

ya, thats a shame because San Diego and So cal is such a nice part of the country. Hopefully the die hard chief fans will fly out there and buy up the rest of the tickets and pump up the economy and Chiefs win. As much as I dislike the chargers, I like the city of san diego and hope it can bounce out of the recession.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Your right, not only is San Deigo one of the larger cities in the US, but it is one of the top 100 weathliest

http://wealth.mongabay.com/tables/100_income_zip_codes-20000.html

I am sure there are many lower and middle class people cutting back on their spending on NFL games, but there is still of plenty of upper class in San Deigo that just have no interest in NFL.

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM

I was going to write this long post about this but it's just probably not worth the effort.

Basically, I have a nice paying job but with the state of the economy I can't justify spending the money it takes to go to a game right now when I should be using it towards bills and savings in case something happens to my job. I have friends who are big Charger fans who are either in the same boat or have already lost their job and can't go. Even in my small circle, there are about ten people I know who are being affected by it.

Maybe Charger fans are actually being smart about this (because football fans aren't the brightest group out there in general). The NFL has brought all of this on themselves. The constant raising of prices on tickets, merchandise, parking, food, beer, etc. And with excellent and much cheaper alternatives like NFL ticket and the Red Zone channel, you can still enjoy watching your team and tons of great NFL action for a fraction of the price. In today's world, it's all about getting the most out of your dollar and the NFL is unknowingly pushing fans to alternative ways to enjoy their Sundays.

Okay, I guess that was still a fairly lenghty post.

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Your right, not only is San Deigo one of the larger cities in the US, but it is one of the top 100 weathliest

http://wealth.mongabay.com/tables/100_income_zip_codes-20000.html

I am sure there are many lower and middle class people cutting back on their spending on NFL games, but there is still of plenty of upper class in San Deigo that just have no interest in NFL.

Well, if you take a look at the demographics of football fans, generally speaking the upper class has little interest in the NFL.

Come on, you've been to football games. The crowd is made up of lower and middle class people. This is the NFL's primary audience.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Well, if you take a look at the demographics of football fans, generally speaking the upper class has little interest in the NFL.

Come on, you've been to football games. The crowd is made up of lower and middle class people. This is the NFL's primary audience.

I dont know. If you have been on the Omane in the last year or to, the some of fans at Invesco have been referred to "wine and cheesers". Stating that the upper class has been starting to take over the stadium. I didnt see much of that of the games I was at, I am just going by what I hear by the people that go to a lot of the games on the Omane.

That has been one of the main complaints why the stadium isnt as loud anymore and pple leave in the 3rd quarter. Some say we have lost the mile high thunder and loudness and the home field advantage due to our Upper class having a ton of interest in the NFL.

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM

You are correct....Skins #1, Broncos #2 and Steelers #3:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/081207dnsponflcenter.2ff4723.html

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/rgosselin/stories/081207dnsponflcenter.2ff4723.html

that is sweet

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM

Seriously, where is this guy at?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=86747

Must have been a troll.

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
I dont know. If you have been on the Omane in the last year or to, the some of fans at Invesco have been referred to "wine and cheesers". Stating that the upper class has been starting to take over the stadium. I didnt see much of that of the games I was at, I am just going by what I hear by the people that go to a lot of the games on the Omane.

That has been one of the main complaints why the stadium isnt as loud anymore and pple leave in the 3rd quarter. Some say we have lost the mile high thunder and loudness and the home field advantage due to our Upper class having a ton of interest in the NFL.

I think this is what the NFL wants. The "wine and cheese" crowd has more money to spend. I'm sure it can and already is working well in some cities. I think it's a bad idea because it won't work in every city.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I was going to write this long post about this but it's just probably not worth the effort.

Basically, I have a nice paying job but with the state of the economy I can't justify spending the money it takes to go to a game right now when I should be using it towards bills and savings in case something happens to my job. I have friends who are big Charger fans who are either in the same boat or have already lost their job and can't go. Even in my small circle, there are about ten people I know who are being affected by it.

Maybe Charger fans are actually being smart about this (because football fans aren't the brightest group out there in general). The NFL has brought all of this on themselves. The constant raising of prices on tickets, merchandise, parking, food, beer, etc. And with excellent and much cheaper alternatives like NFL ticket and the Red Zone channel, you can still enjoy watching your team and tons of great NFL action for a fraction of the price. In today's world, it's all about getting the most out of your dollar and the NFL is unknowingly pushing fans to alternative ways to enjoy their Sundays.

Okay, I guess that was still a fairly lenghty post.

I'd buy this argument if it were a widespread NFL problem, its not. Which suggests, to me, that a lot of people who go to chargers games are not diehards and have chosen to spend their limited income elsewhere. Its just not true of other teams. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but lets not pretend the charger fan base has always been rabid

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:26 PM
I think this is what the NFL wants. The "wine and cheese" crowd has more money to spend. I'm sure it can and already is working well in some cities. I think it's a bad idea because it won't work in every city.

Ya, I guess its not that great to brag that our wine and cheesers are better NFL fans then San Deigo wine and cheesers.

But at least it helps middle class people like myself watch the game on TV and the game not get blacked out.

chadta
11-24-2009, 12:27 PM

I'm sure McChad was joking but not so sure about DenverBound's response here.

ding ding ding, i even gave him rep for actually getting it on the original post, but i had to take it back for him sucking at the internet.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Funny Thread.

I'll be buying my ticket to the Game on Sunday.

Why don't you make a thread about the 50,000 Broncos fans that left the game last week at Invesco at the end of the 3rd quarter. I was there, it was the funniest thing I've seen at a football game, except when Aaron Brooks threw the Ball completely backwards to nobody.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 12:36 PM
I'd buy this argument if it were a widespread NFL problem, its not. Which suggests, to me, that a lot of people who go to chargers games are not diehards and have chosen to spend their limited income elsewhere. Its just not true of other teams. I'm not saying its a bad thing, but lets not pretend the charger fan base has always been rabid

Google "nfl blackouts". Or watch the news every once in a while.

chadta
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Funny Thread.

I'll be buying my ticket to the Game on Sunday.

Why don't you make a thread about the 50,000 Broncos fans that left the game last week at Invesco at the end of the 3rd quarter. I was there, it was the funniest thing I've seen at a football game, except when Aaron Brooks threw the Ball completely backwards to nobody.

how many of these have you lifted in our stadium ? cuz we lifted one in yours, so STFU http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG/448px-Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG

oh, and not one bronco fan left early that day ;D

congratulations on winning your superbowl tho

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
how many of these have you lifted in our stadium ? cuz we lifted one in yours, so STFU http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9e/Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG/448px-Super_Bowl_29_Vince_Lombardi_trophy_at_49ers_Famil y_Day_2009.JPG

oh, and not one bronco fan left early that day ;D

Hey, isn't that the same argument Raiders fans use all the time?

At least the Chiefs fans don't use that argument...

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 12:41 PM

This is one reason why i sold my 50 season tickets for the Chargers. They are one of the worst! All you need to know Charger fan is that they needed an extension to sell out a home playoff game vs the Titans a few years back. Also, last year they needed an extension to sell out the home opener.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
We don't have the die-hard fanbase like everyone else, but that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards.

400HZ
11-24-2009, 12:45 PM
This is one reason why i sold my 50 season tickets for the Chargers. They are one of the worst! All you need to know Charger fan is that they needed an extension to sell out a home playoff game vs the Titans a few years back. Also, last year they needed an extension to sell out the home opener.

Maybe Charger fans are just procrastinators and wait to the last minute? Did you think about that? :giggle:

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 12:46 PM

I did google NFL blackouts, it only mensioned 1-8 or 2-7 teams, didnt see anything on division leaders.

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM

It's always the same horrible 2K seats that are left at the end and a lot of those are single seats so that rules out a huge number of people who are going with one or more people. I and a lot of other people refuse to sit in those obstructed view seats. If I'm going to drop a hundred bucks, I'm making sure I get a good seat. Of course this doesn't help ticket sales since I'll have to buy them from someone else or a ticket broker but I guess that's the way it works.

Qualcomm is a horrible stadium for watching football. Seems like they've got some good progress on a new stadium site. Bring it on!

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Maybe Charger fans are just procrastinators and wait to the last minute? Did you think about that? :giggle:

yes, a county full of pot heads or way too laid back would have this affect. But you cant have that many procrastinators, can you?

missingnumber7
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Qualcomm is a horrible stadium for watching football. Seems like they've got some good progress on a new stadium site. Bring it on!

Is that the one in LA?

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 01:00 PM

What about that suggests widespread to you? Simply put, San Diego should be selling out football games. yes, there are plenty of factors why, but the underlying one is interest is not there. Why are you taking offense to this, im not calling you a bad fan.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
We don't have the die-hard fanbase like everyone else, but that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards.

Could you translate that gibberish into english.

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Is that the one in LA?

If you really want to know about the San Diego stadium situation, I'd suggest googling it.

The Chargers aren't selling to Roski. How many times does this have to be explained on here? Do people not pay attention to what's going on or do they just regurgitate stuff they hear on ESPN or talk radio?

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Let me translate that into something you might understand.

I reckon' that all of our fans a'int die hard fans like all y'alls fans, but that don't mean that all of our fans a'int die hards.

Peoples Champ
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM

I reckon' that all of our fans a'int die hard fans like all y'alls fans, but that don't mean that all of our fans a'int die hards.

I get one your saying, you have few fans, but the few you have are all die- hards.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:07 PM
I get one your saying, you have few fans, but the few you have are all die- hards.

Thats not what I am saying at all.

I am saying that many of our fans are bandwagoners but that doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:08 PM

I'd venture to guess most people living in the hills of appalachia would understand this, but it still does not make sense.

I assume only the residents of LaJolla can use the english language as intended. the rest speak gang lingo and identify friend and foe by their tattoos.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Thats not what I am saying at all.

I am saying that many of our fans are bandwagoners but that doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans.

^that = this:"We don't have the die-hard fanbase like everyone else, but that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards."?

:spit:

Holy bat****!

boltaneer
11-24-2009, 01:12 PM
In all honesty, San Diego has no identity anymore. Too many transplants, military, immigrants and foreigners here now.

To quote Marty Schottenheimer, "It is what it is."

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
^that = this:"We don't have the die-hard fanbase like everyone else, but that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards."?

:spit:

Holy bat****!

So wtf? You asked me to translate. WTF am I not getting?

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:20 PM
So wtf? You asked me to translate. WTF am I not getting?

Take you right hand and move it in a front to back motion above your head.

You'll hear a sound (swoosh) which resembles that of a seashell placed next to your ear.

It's obviously above and beyond your level of comprehension.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Take you right hand and move it in a front to back motion above your head.

You'll hear a sound (swoosh) which resembles that of a seashell placed next to your ear.

It's obviously above and beyond your level of comprehension.

Me: Statement 1
You: Translate please
Me: Statement 2
You: Statement 1 = Statement 2
Me: Right
You: Ya

Do you see what I'm not getting here.

I did what you asked.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Me: Statement 1
You: Translate please
Me: Statement 2
You: Statement 1 = Statement 2
Me: Right
You: Ya

Do you see what I'm not getting here.

I did what you asked.

Good Grief!

I guess we'll need to resort to crayons or sidewalk chalk.

#1:doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards

#2:doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans

Did mommy take you out of grade school to "work the fields"?

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Good Grief!

I guess we'll need to resort to crayons or sidewalk chalk.

#1:doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hards

#2:doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans

Did mommy take you out of grade school to "work the fields"?

I have 6 apples, 2 are rotten.

#1 That doesn't mean all of my apples aren't rotten (or ripe). (some are)

#2 That doesn't mean we don't have some rotten (or ripe) apples.

Both work you moron.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I have 6 apples, 2 are rotten.

#1 That doesn't mean all of my apples aren't rotten (or ripe). (some are)

#2 That doesn't mean we don't have some rotten (or ripe) apples.

Both work you moron.

OY ****ING VEY!Hilarious!

missingnumber7
11-24-2009, 01:44 PM
If you really want to know about the San Diego stadium situation, I'd suggest googling it.

The Chargers aren't selling to Roski. How many times does this have to be explained on here? Do people not pay attention to what's going on or do they just regurgitate stuff they hear on ESPN or talk radio?

I could really give a rat fvck about the San Diego stadium situation...I'm a Bronco Fan and don't need to run to other teams message boards to be an attention whore. You can dream all you want about keeping your blessed Chuggers in town, but until the town fully supports the team no matter what record they hold you are constantly going to be the status of rumors of a move to LA.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
OY ****ING VEY!Hilarious!

I still don't know what you think I am doing wrong, because I am right, so keep on keepin' on brother.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 01:52 PM
I still don't know what you think I am doing wrong, because I am right, so keep on keepin' on brother.

You should have stopped there. :rofl:

one "that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hard" simplies that all of your fans are diehard fans, the other "doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans" implies that you have some diehard fans.

It's actually pretty simple, but obviously not simple enough for a simpleton.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 02:01 PM
You should have stopped there. :rofl:

one "that doesn't mean all of our fans aren't die-hard" simplies that all of your fans are diehard fans, the other "doesn't mean that we don't have some die-hard fans" implies that you have some diehard fans.

If you say that none of our fans are die hard, and I say that not all of our fans aren't die hard, does that not make sense?

Oh well, I'm over it.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
If you say that none of our fans are die hard, and I say that not all of our fans aren't die hard, does that not make sense?

Oh well, I'm over it.

Damn, those short yellow buses do cause damage.

BuckinKaeding
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM

You didn't capitalize the word "English" or use a question mark at the end of your sentence.

I'd venture to guess most people living in the hills of appalachia would understand this, but it still does not make sense.

I assume only the residents of LaJolla can use the english language as intended. the rest speak gang lingo and identify friend and foe by their tattoos.

You didn't capitalize the word "Appalachia." Also there is a space between the words "La" and "Jolla." You didn't capitalize the word "English" again. The word "the" to begin the next sentence should have been capitalized, and there should have been a hyphen in between the words "gang" and "lingo."

You should have stopped there.

The word "one" should have been capitalized. You should have used the word "implies" instead of "simplies."

----------
Just thought I'd point out all the grammatical mistakes you've made in this thread.

JJJ
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
I am a Bolt fan that lives in Europe and last year I had season tickets. Got to 5 games plus a playoff game. Didn't pick them up this year not because of the recesh but because the schedule was not conducive to long distance travel to get the games. Last year they had 3 home games in a row.

So there are few diehard Bolt fans out there but in general San Diego fans should be able to fill up the Murph every game.

But to be fair it is a pretty decent sized stadium with 70k capacity, seating about 5k more than Pittsburgh.

Everyone knows Denver has and always will fill Mile High. Props on your consistent ability to do so.

Boltergeist
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I think we have a 46 game streak of sellouts..our last blackout was in 2004.....There are usually 2000 or so undesireable seats left the week of the game that are mostly obstructed or single seating...Thanksgiving plus a less than exciting matchup....plus no opposing fans coming out to the game might have a little something to do with a blackout.

After seeing the Steeler fans taking over half of Invesco field on a prime-time game a few weeks ago...I'd watch who we call bandwagonners when obviously a significant portion of the Broncos season tix holders were more than willing to take a few extra dollars for selling their seats to an important game over supporting their first place team with a great home field advantage.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
You didn't capitalize the word "English" or use a question mark at the end of your sentence.

You didn't capitalize the word "Appalachia." Also there is a space between the words "La" and "Jolla." You didn't capitalize the word "English" again. The word "the" to begin the next sentence should have been capitalized, and there should have been a hyphen in between the words "gang" and "lingo."

The word "one" should have been capitalized. You should have used the word "implies" instead of "simplies."

----------
Just thought I'd point out all the grammatical mistakes you've made in this thread.

If I had used a spell check, it would have been able to correct my mistakes, if you had used one, it would still be "scratching its' head.:rofl:

SonOfLe-loLang
11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
I think we have a 46 game streak of sellouts..our last blackout was in 2004.....There are usually 2000 or so undesireable seats left the week of the game that are mostly obstructed or single seating...Thanksgiving plus a less than exciting matchup....plus no opposing fans coming out to the game might have a little something to do with a blackout.

After seeing the Steeler fans taking over half of Invesco field on a prime-time game a few weeks ago...I'd watch who we call bandwagonners when obviously a significant portion of the Broncos season tix holders were more than willing to take a few extra dollars for selling their seats to an important game over supporting their first place team with a great home field advantage.

Why are you guys taking such offense to this. We arent calling YOU a bandwagon fan.

RMT
11-24-2009, 04:00 PM

The Broncos sellout streak dates back to 1971 and is over 300 games in a row. The last time I heard anything about them being compared to other teams, the redskins had the longest sellout streak in the NFL and the Broncos were #2.

Boltjolt
11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

Its going to be 74 degrees on Thanksgiving day in San Diego. Theres nothing else to do in Denver but to go to a ballgame. Besides, im sure it will be full enough if it dont sell out. I dont really worry about how many games are sold out. I only care that our GM does things like sign Jon Runyan like he did today since we lost our RT against you guys.

I feel better about that.

The recession is pretty bad. It isnt easy to spend money on game tickets right now. Some people dont feel good about that with the holidays coming up fast.

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
its going to be 74 degrees on thanksgiving day in san diego. theres nothing else to do in denver but to go to a ballgame. Besides, im sure it will be full enough if it dont sell out. I dont really worry about how many games are sold out. I only care that our gm does things like sign jon runyan like he did today since we lost our rt against you guys.

I feel better about that.

The recession is pretty bad. It isnt easy to spend money on game tickets right now. Some people dont feel good about that with the holidays coming up fast.

lol

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
the thought of having a 74 degree Thanksgiving makes me ill.

I enjoy the seasons

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
the thought of having a 74 degree Thanksgiving makes me ill.

I enjoy the seasons

So Cal Sucks.....If you HAVE to come to Cali, come to Nothern cali, we have seasons

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 08:20 PM
So Cal Sucks.....If you HAVE to come to Cali, come to Nothern cali, we have seasons

Love SF and the environs. If you need winter, it's only a 3 hour drive away.

Xenos
11-24-2009, 10:04 PM
I prefer to watch at home with my friends. My experience, what few they were, at the Q wasn't exactly the most pleasant. I don't have to deal with beer being thrown at me or someone getting stabbed. The stadium is also pretty horrible. It's no wonder the Chargers want a new one. I'm pretty sure that's how a lot of the fans feel if you take the economy out of it.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM

Truckee is awesome.....Sugar bowl if you want to do some sleding

ZONA
11-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, they could end up the LA Chargers if this keeps up.

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM

You guys probably charge a tax for that too. We dont have seasons in SoCal? I guess Big Bear Mountain doesnt count? Mt. Baldy? We have them but we have the luxury of driving to the winter seasons destination instead of shoveling our way to the car. If you want to get out of the snow, come to SoCal (LA, Riverside, SD, Orange County). I have not had to wear pants yet this fall. I am closing on a house in Big Bear next month so if I really want to freeze my a$$ off and/or go skiing, I have it in two hours.

ZONA
11-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, to be fair though, Denver area has a much higher population then San Diego does, by over a million people according to the 2008 US Census.

San Diego 1,279,329
Denver 2,506,626

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, to be fair though, Denver area has a much higher population then San Diego does, by over a million people according to the 2008 US Census.

San Diego 1,279,329
Denver 2,506,626

They also draw from Orange County and Riverside County. If you add that up, it is more. Of course, the Mighty Broncos draw from the whole freaking Rocky Mountain region.

JJJ
11-24-2009, 10:33 PM

San Diego 1,279,329
Denver 2,506,626

That is the city proper. San Diego county has about 3M.

JJJ
11-24-2009, 10:36 PM

Same in SoCal. Big Bear is closer to SD than Tahoe is to SF.

Quite a bit of snow falls in the mountains of San Diego county as well.

Towns like Julian in the mountains have great seasons.

Los Broncos
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM

I have a cabin up in Idllywild about 2 hours from here.

Beautiful there, great for Thanksgiving and Christmas, total seasons change.

Winter time with the snow drinking with friends, good times.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
You guys probably charge a tax for that too. We dont have seasons in SoCal? I guess Big Bear Mountain doesnt count? Mt. Baldy? We have them but we have the luxury of driving to the winter seasons destination instead of shoveling our way to the car. If you want to get out of the snow, come to SoCal (LA, Riverside, SD, Orange County). I have not had to wear pants yet this fall. I am closing on a house in Big Bear next month so if I really want to freeze my a$$ off and/or go skiing, I have it in two hours.

We don't have snow in the bay..Just FYI, and we have the same tax rate, being the same state and all.......

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 11:23 PM
I have a cabin up in Idllywild about 2 hours from here.

Beautiful there, great for Thanksgiving and Christmas, total seasons change.

Winter time with the snow drinking with friends, good times.

Never been there...got some pics?

ZONA
11-24-2009, 11:25 PM
That is the city proper. San Diego county has about 3M.

Well then what's their frickin problem? It's just not a football town. It's more of a true beach city. I guess Sandy Eggo is more of a baseball town huh.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Well then what's their frickin problem? It's just not a football town. It's more of a true beach city. I guess Sandy Eggo is more of a baseball town huh.

in their defense, there has been a lot of talk about them moving to LA, has caused a few thousand season ticket holders to bail on them

boltaneer
11-25-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll say this, if I could only attend one game this season, the Chiefs game would be last on my list. Give me a marquee match up, not a JV team.

I don't care much for baseball but Padre games won't break the wallet. Ten bucks for a park pass.

Los Broncos
11-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Never been there...got some pics?

Yes I do, guess I can post them in the community thread.

TailgateNut
11-25-2009, 07:20 AM

The thought of you in public in your panties makes me cringe.

Peoples Champ
11-25-2009, 07:29 AM
The Broncos sellout streak dates back to 1971 and is over 300 games in a row. The last time I heard anything about them being compared to other teams, the redskins had the longest sellout streak in the NFL and the Broncos were #2.

Ya I know someone showed me on this thread. That is awesome we have that many sell outs and never face blackouts. THats so great for the average fan that cant afford to go to the game, regardless of if the stadium was 30% steelers fans on Monday night.

Electric Chair
11-25-2009, 09:43 AM
It's because the surf is up.

I wish. Friday should be well overhead, but Sunday is supposed to be small. So I have to go to the game. Oh well.