PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it strange..............

long beach bronco
11-24-2009, 06:20 AM
that we are talking about our horrible offense this season, the same way we were talking about our horrible defense last season? Probably to finish 8-8 just like last season. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Soul-Bronco
11-24-2009, 06:21 AM
This years offense is no where near the crap put on the field laast year on D, not even close

long beach bronco
11-24-2009, 06:47 AM
True, but this offense has scored 37 points in four games. Maybe not as bad as the D of '08, but still a conversation to discuss.

oubronco
11-24-2009, 07:23 AM
True, but this offense has scored 37 points in four games. Maybe not as bad as the D of '08, but still a conversation to discuss.

7 of those points were scored on a fumble return by the defense

Meck77
11-24-2009, 07:31 AM
What I find strange is that there seems to be less negative posters on the mane these days. When we were winning tempers were flaring big time. Now that we're losing the majority seems to have calmed down. We even had people not posting on the site when were were losing. Now they are back. Strange.

It's as if winning was more difficult for many to swallow here than losing? That is STRANGE if you ask me.

watermock
11-24-2009, 07:51 AM
*turns dial up on negative intensity*

Meck77
11-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Atta boy Mock. Never thought you'd be a Favre fan eh? Another strange football phenomena.

BroncoInSkinland
11-24-2009, 08:30 AM
What I find strange is that there seems to be less negative posters on the mane these days. When we were winning tempers were flaring big time. Now that we're losing the majority seems to have calmed down. We even had people not posting on the site when were were losing. Now they are back. Strange.

It's as if winning was more difficult for many to swallow here than losing? That is STRANGE if you ask me.

I think that was more of the rub it in your face attitude around here. Winning is not difficult to swallow, but having other fans tell you that you are an idiot because you expressed concerns about the team is. We are at a very nice balance point right now, the team has been more successful than many thought it would be, but at the same time many of the problems people thought existed in the off/pre-season are showing through. It makes it much harder to cram crow down peoples throats. Now I would rather be 10-0 with all the I told you so's flying like crazy, but the situation as it stands is a much calmer (but definitely not a better) environment.

BroncoInSkinland
11-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Re. the OP, the O has shown flashes of getting it, the most prolonged stretch of such an instance being the first SD game. It is a very complicated system, with two unfamiliar young players filling key roles. With the talent level of players like Marshall, Royal, and Clady, and the potential of a few others like Moreno, I can't see a comparison to last years D.

gtown
11-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I think it shows how much fine tuning and timing are required to run an NFL offense. We have had pretty good pass protection and Royal, Marshall, Sheff, and the rest of the skill players have had another year to mature into their roles. Orton just doesn't seem to be in sync with these guys yet. And I don't expect him to this year. It took Cutler a few years to get into a groove, I think Orton will be the same way.

Popps
11-24-2009, 09:00 AM

Absolutely no question about it.

vancejohnson82
11-24-2009, 09:33 AM
last year's D was an atrocity...the offense has struggled this year but nowhere near the doody we had going out on D last year.

INbronco
11-24-2009, 10:54 AM

My experience over the years is that the all boards are more subdued and bland when the team is winning. Conversely some of the best board experience comes when NOT winning or during the off season. Speculation is rampant and makes for interesting stuff. If you want to read a dull and bland board go to the Colts board; you will snooze in 5 minutes there.

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 11:17 AM

Yeah, that's it, Broncos fans want their team to lose. Brilliant.

Or, it's because the very same problems many of us saw developing after the loss of the QB (crap offense) have come to bite us in the ass.

Same offense. Same personnel. Offensive 'genius' from New England running the show.

Different QB....... bottom five in points and yardage. Gee, what's the correlation?

Only you and Poops seem unable to come to terms with this fact.

Br0nc0Buster
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah, that's it, Broncos fans want their team to lose. Brilliant.

Or, it's because the very same problems many of us saw developing after the loss of the QB (crap offense) have come to bite us in the ass.

Same offense. Same personnel. Offensive 'genius' from New England running the show.

Different QB....... bottom five in points and yardage. Gee, what's the correlation?

Only you and Poops seem unable to come to terms with this fact.

wait if its just the qb then why is Chicagos offense worse this year than last year with Orton?

All I heard all offseason was all the "upgrades" Chicago made on offense, how can it possibly be that their offense is worse this year?
Quite a mindbender.....

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
This years offense is no where near the crap put on the field laast year on D, not even close

statistically it is, actually.

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 11:52 AM
wait if its just the qb then why is Chicagos offense worse this year than last year with Orton?

All I heard all offseason was all the "upgrades" Chicago made on offense, how can it possibly be that their offense is worse this year?
Quite a mindbender.....

Because they made a few terrible moves on the OL and Cutler is not yet in sync with the receivers. Forte appears to have laid down as well.

I agree, both the Broncos and Cutler are worse off, for different reasons.

TonyR
11-24-2009, 12:15 PM

It's not all on the QB. I think the biggest issue is that the OL skillset doesn't match the scheme. I don't think the run blocking or pass protection has been good enough overall, and it all starts up front.

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
It's not all on the QB. I think the biggest issue is that the OL skillset doesn't match the scheme. I don't think the run blocking or pass protection has been good enough overall, and it all starts up front.

I agree with this part in particular, and again, why the need for the drastic change in the blocking schemes that have led to such success over the years? Year after year those schemes produced 1k yard runners, and last year Cutler was the least sacked QB in the league.

Perfect example of 'fixing' something that wasn't broken.

Orton's immobility isn't making the OL look good either.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM

Its the HC's responsibility to match the scheme with the current talent in place and gradually integrate (draft and develop) players required to run your scheme over a 2-3 period. In the 2009 season, had McD used more zone blocking I formations, I have no doubt our running game would be more successful and provide more consistency.

Its obvious McDaniels is confident and believes in his scheme this season and believes in two years or by 2011 his rebuilding period will well on its way.

I think in 4 to 6 years McDaniels could have something special here in Denver.....we fans must be patient. In 4-6 years if McD ain't getting it done Bowlen will need to replace him.

vancejohnson82
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I agree with this part in particular, and again, why the need for the drastic change in the blocking schemes that have led to such success over the years? Year after year those schemes produced 1k yard runners, and last year Cutler was the least sacked QB in the league.

Perfect example of 'fixing' something that wasn't broken.

Knowshown will get to 1000 yards, in my opinion...

Amazing how Cutler has 101 built-in excuses no matter where he goes....its actually unreal

maybe the Bears were trying to fix something that wasn't broken?

Popps
11-24-2009, 05:27 PM
Because they made a few terrible moves on the OL and Cutler is not yet in sync with the receivers. .

:rofl:

Awesome. The silly-ass excuses never end.

Reality can be a tough thing.

TonyR
11-24-2009, 05:35 PM

I agree that Cutler was considerably better at avoiding the rush than Orton but it seems to me we're allowing a lot more pressure than last year. Maybe it's that the line hasn't been as healthy this year (injuries to Harris and Kuper in particular), maybe it's the blocking schemes, maybe it's the blitz protections, maybe all of the above. Whatever the case Orton's weaknesses are only amplified by poor pass protection.

~Crash~
11-24-2009, 09:22 PM

No I blame someone asking a light in the ass O-line to power block instead of zone blocking . now we need a G and a C thing is you can see as a unit they suck compared to last year .

DBroncos4life
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
No I blame someone asking a light in the ass O-line to power block instead of zone blocking . now we need a G and a C thing is you can see as a unit they suck compared to last year .

According to KFFL, there are some good OG's that are FA's next year.

Logan Mankins NE LG
Chris Snee NYG RG
Chester Pitts Hou I thought he was LG but he is listed as a OT
Richie Incognito Stl RG Not the greatest but he does have size over 320.
Deuce Lutui Azi RG He is a big boy listed at 338 rumored to play at 370 at USC
Max Jean-Gilles Phi RG he is a back up but again another big boy listed at 358
David Baas SF LG

kupesdad
11-25-2009, 08:32 PM
According to KFFL, there are some good OG's that are FA's next year.

Logan Mankins NE LG
Chris Snee NYG RG
Chester Pitts Hou I thought he was LG but he is listed as a OT
Richie Incognito Stl RG Not the greatest but he does have size over 320.
Deuce Lutui Azi RG He is a big boy listed at 338 rumored to play at 370 at USC
Max Jean-Gilles Phi RG he is a back up but again another big boy listed at 358
David Baas SF LG

Mankins is very good
Snee ditto
Pitts was drafted as a guard but is playing tackle..indicative of his ability.. when he was drafted his stock really went up at the combine and senior bowl.
Incognito- don't know a lot about him
Deuce Lutui- Got a lot of press coming from SC never lived up to the hype
Jean-Gilles- Has had weight problems since his senior year.. dropped big time in the draft and doesn't seem to put in the time necessary to start in the big league

watermock
11-25-2009, 08:57 PM
Funny how we are we redesign the offense and noone notices.

This a Parcells offense.

He's FAIL/

Jason in LA
11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
both the Broncos and Cutler are worse off, for different reasons.

I agree with that. Cutler got what was coming to him for demanding a trade. He'd be much better off in Denver. And McDaniels kind of got what was coming his way for not trying to smooth the situation over. He would of had a legit QB running his offense.