PDA

View Full Version : The "Holy crap we play in two days" thread

Taco John
11-24-2009, 01:07 AM
Holy crap! We play in two days!

Taco John
11-24-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of playing on Thanksgiving Sunday. But wow is this one coming at an inopportune time for us. I hope Orton's ankle can withstand the pounding - not to mention all the other nicks and bruises our guys have got.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really hope that we can get a huge game out of our runningbacks this week. It's killing our team that our running game isn't managing to put points on the board.

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 01:20 AM
I should be in my Al Bundy mode on the couch by 5PM PST. Can we just put in a request to Knowshon and let him and every other Broncos back that if it is first down and 1/2 yard to go, not make it like a do or die 3rd or 4th down and try to stretch blindly to a first down marker or TD? Fluky plays dont happen if you dont make the dangerous chance to start. Ill leave it with just one request.

Atwater His Ass
11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Gotta take Friday off to catch this one. Hope it's not a waste of leave.

Popps
11-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Can't get here soon enough for me.

The quicker we get that taste out of our mouths, the better.

We've played poorly, but also caught some very bad breaks. We're due to reverse both of those trends.

watermock
11-24-2009, 01:56 AM
By the time you get to your 4th idea, you'll be right.

watermock
11-24-2009, 01:57 AM

Wow.

Archer81
11-24-2009, 01:59 AM
A win would be good.

:Broncos:

OBF1
11-24-2009, 02:14 AM
Holy Crap

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 02:57 AM
Wow.

somehow we used to at least understand broncofan2438 when he would give us these one word gems as a response to a post. As for you, Mock, they just sit there as a word with no attachment. At least you spelled it correctly. :thumbsup:

watermock
11-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Eli Manning/Evil Twin.

Bronco Rob
11-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Can't get here soon enough for me.

We've played poorly, but also caught some very bad breaks. We're due to reverse both of those trends.

:strong:

Rohirrim
11-24-2009, 06:06 AM
And no matter what happens Thursday night, us Buff fans get to look forward to the Buffs and Huskers on Friday. I'm going to eat lots of turkey and gravy, drink some wine, and let it all roll off of me.

oubronco
11-24-2009, 07:26 AM
the way our O-line has been playing they better get it together because the Giants D-line is going to bring it and if they start hitting Orton everytime he goes back we'll be watching Chrissy shyt the bed again

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Waitaminute... is this the "OFFICIAL" Holy crap we play in two days thread? I wouldn't want to be taken in by an imposter.

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 07:58 AM
waitaminute... Is this the "official" holy crap we play in two days thread? I wouldn't want to be taken in by an imposter.

lol

Beantown Bronco
11-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of playing on Thanksgiving Sunday.

Ahhh, the infamous Thanksgiving Sunday. Even more rare than a Bob Slowik-led defense pitching a shutout.

BlaK-Argentina
11-24-2009, 08:21 AM
My question is: when is Harris coming back?

TailgateNut
11-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Ahhh, the infamous Thanksgiving Sunday. Even more rare than a Bob Slowik-led defense pitching a shutout.

:rofl:

Damn aliens can't seem to get their holidays straight.

Thanksgiving, a day we celebrate by drinking green beer and eating corned beef and cabbage.

Dagmar
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanksgiving games get Monday practice estimations (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/24/thanksgiving-games-get-monday-practice-estimations/)

Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2009 8:41 AM ET
With the return of Thursday games, every Monday features injury reports that approximate the participation in practice of players who are banged up, if there had actually been practice.

For the Broncos, safety Brian Dawkins (neck), tackle Ryan Harris (toe), running back LaMont Jordan (back). Quarterback Kyle Orton (ankle) would have fully participated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

rastaman
11-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Eli Manning/Evil Twin.

Unfortunately it looks as if the Mannings will own the Broncos this year.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 08:52 AM
the way our O-line has been playing they better get it together because the Giants D-line is going to bring it and if they start hitting Orton everytime he goes back we'll be watching Chrissy shyt the bed again

Orton won't last 2 qtrs with his ankle. Simms will be lucky to last as long. So looks like by the middle of the 3rd and all the 4th qtr.....we might see Little Brady aka....Bradstater.

Los Broncos
11-24-2009, 09:01 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night, nothing like a Thanksgiving night game a four day weekend with family and my son.

Life is good....

HorseHead
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Ahhh...Thanksgiving...Ron Dayne where are you? Probably eating something..

jhns
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Ahhh...Thanksgiving...Ron Dayne where are you? Probably eating something..

I watched that game with some Cowboy fans. That final run made for some fun smack talk.

We could really use a win here but I will be happy if we keep it competitive. It seems like the team has just given up at different points the last few games. The Giants aren't playing like they were at the start of the season so we have a good chance in this one.

DHallblows
11-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Waitaminute... is this the "OFFICIAL" Holy crap we play in two days thread? I wouldn't want to be taken in by an imposter.

Should I start the "official" one?!

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I'm a pretty big fan of playing on Thanksgiving Sunday. But wow is this one coming at an inopportune time for us. I hope Orton's ankle can withstand the pounding - not to mention all the other nicks and bruises our guys have got.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I really hope that we can get a huge game out of our runningbacks this week. It's killing our team that our running game isn't managing to put points on the board.

I'm quickly earning the title of "blind optimist" around here, but I think the quick turn around might be good for us attitude wise. They are still angry, and it may show. Injury wise though, we could use a couple days...

Any word on our teams emotional leader yet? If he doesn't go, we stop no one.

Dagmar
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm quickly earning the title of "blind optimist" around here, but I think the quick turn around might be good for us attitude wise. They are still angry, and it may show. Injury wise though, we could use a couple days...

I was very glad to see them taken into OT on Sunday. I hope this is the game we turn it all around, I feel like if we beat KC it won't feel like a turn around, just us beating a bad team. We need this game badly.

oubronco
11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Orton won't last 2 qtrs with his ankle. Simms will be lucky to last as long. So looks like by the middle of the 3rd and all the 4th qtr.....we might see Little Brady aka....Bradstater.

at this point i'd rather see Brandstater than Chrissy

HEAV
11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Giants are happy to have won last Sunday, but have shown that they want zero part of playing on Turkey-night away from home. Broncos are a wounded animal in a corner of it's home and are desperate for a win.

Time to take out frustration on the Giants.

MplsBronco
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM

For some reason I think the quick turnaround could play into our favor. I also think that we are back to preseason expectations and teams could start taking us lightly and hopefully guys can regain that chip on their shoulder and the Us against the World mentality.

This schedule has been brutal with no games during this stretch to help us get back on track, except for Washington and our QB just had to go down that game. However, I feel like we have been in every game for at least the first half, if not the first 45-55 minutes and just haven't had breaks go our way lately.

Taco John
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM

Hahaha! That was terrible. I need to be getting some sleep at nights and not posting crap like "Thanksgiving Sunday!"

TonyR
11-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Giants are happy to have won last Sunday, but have shown that they want zero part of playing on Turkey-night away from home.

Last year Dallas was at home and drubbed Seattle 34-9, and the Eagles clobbered a Cardinals team that never appeared to get off the plane in Philly 48-20. Tennessee did win on the road but they beat Detroit so we won't count that one.

Atwater His Ass
11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
The way Denver is playing, I don't think anyone would be scared to come into town, short week or not.

Let's not forget that NYG is a good team that many had pegged to be the best in the NFC.

Even if we weren't playing like absolute garbage for the last month, this would be a tough game.

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 04:11 PM
The way Denver is playing, I don't think anyone would be scared to come into town, short week or not.

Let's not forget that NYG is a good team that many had pegged to be the best in the NFC.

Even if we weren't playing like absolute garbage for the last month, this would be a tough game.

Taking everything that you said into account, I think the Giants are overlooking the Broncos a bit, and that this is going to be a close game even considering the terrible play of late from the Broncos

Beej
11-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Last year Dallas was at home and drubbed Seattle 34-9, and the Eagles clobbered a Cardinals team that never appeared to get off the plane in Philly 48-20. Tennessee did win on the road but they beat Detroit so we won't count that one.

Every Thanksgiving, I'm thankful I'm not a Lions fan.

TonyR
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
...I think the Giants are overlooking the Broncos a bit...

Seeing that 6 point line it looks like everybody is.

Atwater His Ass
11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Taking everything that you said into account, I think the Giants are overlooking the Broncos a bit, and that this is going to be a close game even considering the terrible play of late from the Broncos

It's reasonable to think NYG may be overlooking this game, considering they have DAL, PHI, and WAS all in a row, which will more than likely shape their playoff chances.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Denver right now though. It's not like the losses have been close or that we've even been doing anything right as something to hold onto that we could improve this week.

It's not like this is an underdog story of nobody respecting us. Our play on the field has been horrible, and honestly, if the line is still at 6, I'd take NYG to easily cover.

We may have a chance if NYG come out flat and we can get something like a 10-0 lead early. Hopefully there is also a bit of an embarssment factor that McD can use to motivate this team as well.

colonelbeef
11-24-2009, 08:10 PM
It's reasonable to think NYG may be overlooking this game, considering they have DAL, PHI, and WAS all in a row, which will more than likely shape their playoff chances.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Denver right now though. It's not like the losses have been close or that we've even been doing anything right as something to hold onto that we could improve this week.

We may have a chance if NYG come out flat and we can get something like a 10-0 lead early.

I think Orton being back will go a long way towards calming the offense down a bit. I'll take a flier and assume that the defense is more effective this week and able to pressure Eli, who is still playing on a gimpy right foot.

Bottom line, I am pretty psyched that the Broncos have a home game on thanksgiving for us to watch

DarkHorse30
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Hopefully there is also a bit of an embarssment factor that McD can use to motivate this team as well.

What? SHAME re-entering the arena? What would AlGORE say?

6-4 is a very good place to start. Kubiak should have it so good. Denver will remain an enigma to the league. They won't know where to place us and will struggle to find a way to pigeon hole a talented REBUILDING team into their slot.

A few points:

1) Defense will find a way to limit scores as long as the offense doesn't drift MCDANIELS the pressure is on YOU

2) Moreno.....quit jawing and start producing. Every game I see you mouthing off to the defense and NOT being an integral part to the TEAM. Shut up and play, dude. ROY is not in the cards. Quietly start being a THREAT.

3) Mcdaniels. START proving your worth. A playoff spot is highly possible. You've SPLIT with SD in their prime, something Shanahan failed at. Beat the bad teams and CONTEND with the good ones. Your team has the talent to save your ass.

4) Bailey. Stop getting beat for quick first downs. It's depressing.

5) Orton, keep on keeping on. You know the system well enough to make all the first downs we need.

All in all, good first half Broncos......make me proud in the second half

Rigs11
11-24-2009, 09:41 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/3/128885452226583559.jpg

bpc
11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
I think this is gonna be ugly. If Washington can run all over us with a complete offensive line made of backups, NYG is going to make short work of this unit.

The defense has to understand we need 40 minutes of shutout ball to give this team any type of chance to win.

Over/under on if Denver can score 10 pts on offense against the Giants?

oubronco
11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I think this is gonna be ugly. If Washington can run all over us with a complete offensive line made of backups, NYG is going to make short work of this unit.

The defense has to understand we need 40 minutes of shutout ball to give this team any type of chance to win.

Over/under on if Denver can score 10 pts on offense against the Giants?

That's the spirit why even showup

Beantown Bronco
11-25-2009, 12:18 PM

Using this logic, you should feel comfortable stating that no SB winner has ever lost a regular season game to a team with an inferior record to their SB opponent. Correct?