PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Titans?

Popps
11-23-2009, 09:51 PM
The 0-6 team? Worst in football? Season was a total disaster? Might as well mail it in.

Hmmm.

Guess that's why we don't crown or bury teams midseason, huh.

HAT
11-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Good loss for Houston....One less 6-4 team so far. :thumbsup:

Los Broncos
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Looks like they are back and Young looks good, what has gotten into him.

watermock
11-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Several non calls on holding and 3 ticky tack OB calls.

watermock
11-23-2009, 10:03 PM
The 0-6 team? Worst in football? Season was a total disaster? Might as well mail it in.

Hmmm.

Tell us his W/L record Popps.

Dagmar
11-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Tell us his W/L record Popps.

Who's?

BigPlayShay
11-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Good loss for Houston....One less 6-4 team so far. :thumbsup:

Exactly. Now we root for Tennessee to beat San Diego and Miami to help us out down the stretch.

Circle Orange
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Stuart Scott was shouting and yelling about Vince Young through the entire telecast, including the postgame. It was ridiculous. I thought he was going to break out the skirt and pom poms.

Popps
11-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Stuart Scott was shouting and yelling about Vince Young through the entire telecast, including the postgame. It was ridiculous. I thought he was going to break out the skirt and pom poms.

Hilarious!

True, but you have to hand it to that team. Pretty tough to bang out 4 in a row after that start. They deserve some props.

watermock
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
If you watched the game, Tenn was holding, HOLDING, all night.

Especially the WR's. It was absurd.

ESPN never showed it, just Capt. Flash. Mr. 4.2.

watermock
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Tivo it Popps.

It just follows Young.

kcxiv
11-24-2009, 03:43 AM
To be fair, the Titans were supposed to be a good team going into this season. THey were pretty darned good last year. Bronco's were not supposed to be good this year. At least by all the so called "experts".

I know i now, my Chiefs suck. I have come to terms with that a few years ago. lol

go_broncos
11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
It's not how you start..It's how you finish the season..

Kern is 10-0

barryr
11-24-2009, 07:09 AM
I can't believe it when supposed football "experts" were saying that Fisher should stick with Collins and going with Young was "giving up on the season." Like going with Collins wasn't giving up on the season. They needed to find out if Young was the answer at QB so in case got a high draft pick, would need to go with a QB or not. It seems as though Young has answered that question so they don't necessarily have to go with a QB with their top QB. So going with Young was a good move in 2 ways.

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 08:14 AM
I can't believe it when supposed football "experts" were saying that Fisher should stick with Collins and going with Young was "giving up on the season." Like going with Collins wasn't giving up on the season. They needed to find out if Young was the answer at QB so in case got a high draft pick, would need to go with a QB or not. It seems as though Young has answered that question so they don't necessarily have to go with a QB with their top QB. So going with Young was a good move in 2 ways.

Thanks, Madden.

Popps
11-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Well, switching QBs is a much easier decision when you're 0-6. I understand what you're saying, but some around here have suggested going to Brandstater right now... which won't happen. (Because it's silly.) The Broncos still have playoff aspirations. McDaniels needs to show his vets he's doing everything he can to make those come to fruition.

For the Titans, it did make sense, though.

spdirty
11-24-2009, 09:29 AM
Well, switching QBs is a much easier decision when you're 0-6. I understand what you're saying, but some around here have suggested going to Brandstater right now... which won't happen. (Because it's silly.) The Broncos still have playoff aspirations. McDaniels needs to show his vets he's doing everything he can to make those come to fruition.

For the Titans, it did make sense, though.

I am all for make Brandstater our #2 though. Looks like the difference between Orton and Simms is about the same as the difference between Manning and Sorgi right now. Still cracks me up seeing Orton come out against Diego and looking like Brady that first drive.

jhns
11-24-2009, 09:39 AM
It's not how you start..It's how you finish the season..

Kern is 10-0

This. The turnaround didn't just happen. They made the switch to Kern and they became winners. You think the 0-10 these teams are without Kern is a coincidence?

Really though, they sucked and made a few moves around that same time. Those moves seem to be working for them.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
I am all for make Brandstater our #2 though. Looks like the difference between Orton and Simms is about the same as the difference between Manning and Sorgi right now. Still cracks me up seeing Orton come out against Diego and looking like Brady that first drive.

How dare you compare Orton to Brady! As any of the negative Nellies around here will tell you, Orton can't even DREAM of being half as good as Brady, and to even compare them is equal to blasphemy.

jhns
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
How dare you compare Orton to Brady! As any of the negative Nellies around here will tell you, Orton can't even DREAM of being half as good as Brady, and to even compare them is equal to blasphemy.

Says the only guy to complain about it...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Says the only guy to complain about it...

Not familiar with sarcasm? Not surprising.

jhns
11-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Not familiar with sarcasm? Not surprising.

No, I get the sarcasm. I'm just wondering why all of you super fans seem to think crying about people crying about the team is so much better than people crying about the team. Is that the kind of positive thinking you want from them? Constant crying? I'm not sure I understand the super fan around here.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-24-2009, 10:56 AM
No, I get the sarcasm. I'm just wondering why all of you super fans seem to think crying about people crying about the team is so much better than people crying about the team. Is that the kind of positive thinking you want from them? Constant crying? I'm not sure I understand the super fan around here.

I'm not sure you understood the point of the original post. It wasn't to complain about anything. It was an observation about the attitude of many on this board.

I guess everything has to be a battle though.

go_broncos
11-24-2009, 11:04 AM

Hmmm.

What i saw in our team is lack of interest and not playing hard..
I also see lack of confidence..
I hope our team improves and show some fighting spirit.

I want to see progress in our team and we are regressing..

jhns
11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure you understood the point of the original post. It wasn't to complain about anything. It was an observation about the attitude of many on this board.

I guess everything has to be a battle though.

Riiight. That is why you didn't even mention the threads topic and randomly showed up with a cute little names for the group you are making observations about... What exactly are you doing if you aren't complaining about it? Just talking smack? If so, I give the same response but maybe worded a little different.

Yes, everything has to be a battle. What, you talk **** and think it should be the start of a solid conversation?

errand
11-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Still cracks me up seeing Orton come out against Diego and looking like Brady that first drive.

..and he got us into scoring position, and Moreno fumbled the TD away. Turning point in the game if you ask me. Fans and players would have been all fired up had we scored 7...and then who knows?

Popps
11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Titans do it again.

Pretty amazing turnaround. Can't quite remember anything like this in my life.

TonyR
11-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Pretty amazing turnaround. Can't quite remember anything like this in my life.

It is pretty weird. Bench Young for Collins and improve dramatically, and now bench Collins for Young and improve dramatically. Looking very tough and Young is looking really good.

go_broncos
11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Kern is the MVP

MplsBronco
11-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Is anyone talking about Chris Johnson going for 2000 yards?