PDA

View Full Version : Orton ready to practice Monday

oubronco
11-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Denver quarterback Kyle Orton looks like he is on his way to starting on a short week Thursday night against the visiting New York Giants as the Broncos try to snap a four-game losing streak and stay relevant in the playoff hunt.

The team pronounced Orton ready to practice Monday as the Broncos try to rebound from a 32-3 home loss to San Diego on Sunday in which the Chargers took sole possession of first place in the AFC West. The team did not practice but put out the participation list as a league mandate because the game is three days away. Thus, it appears Orton is on schedule to play Thursday. Orton didnít practice all last week leading up to the game.

Orton didnít start the game. But he did spell backup Chris Simms in the second quarter as Denver fell behind, 13-0. Simms struggled badly. Orton gave Denver a spark and played pretty well, despite limping badly.

After the game, Denver coach Josh McDaniels said he didnít think Orton suffered a setback in the game, he was hurt Nov. 15 at Washington and he missed the second half.

While Orton is making strides toward playing Thursday, safety Brian Dawkins may be in jeopardy of not playing. He left in the first half Sunday with a neck injury and he did not return. Dawkins was not ready to practice Monday.

Denver right tackle Ryan Harris was not ready to practice with a toe injury. Harris was hurt Nov. 1 against Baltimore and hasnít played since. Denverís line play has suffered without Harris.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/7005/orton-practices-monday

baja
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
all day not one word about dawkins.

watermock
11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Thats why we drafted 2 safeties.

ro_50
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Thank god Orton practiced.

UberBroncoMan
11-23-2009, 06:57 PM
all day not one word about dawkins.

I'm hoping it's not a career ending one.

Neck injuries and old age (especially his age) are a bad thing.

Taco John
11-23-2009, 07:14 PM
It's a huge relief to know that Orton isn't suffering any setbacks. This was something that concerned me yesterday when they brought him in. I still have hope given our schedule that we can make the playoffs, but without Orton, that hope is lost.

Boltjolt
11-23-2009, 08:02 PM
It's a huge relief to know that Orton isn't suffering any setbacks. This was something that concerned me yesterday when they brought him in. I still have hope given our schedule that we can make the playoffs, but without Orton, that hope is lost.

Oh he will be fine. Did you see him hop off the field on one foot? He will be fine, ...just like last year when he hurt his ankle. Oh wait, .........:flush:

BigPlayShay
11-23-2009, 08:28 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=350

*Please note the Denver Broncos did not practice on Monday, Nov. 23. Level of participation is an estimation if practice were held.

Los Broncos
11-23-2009, 09:08 PM
I'm hoping it's not a career ending one.

Neck injuries and old age (especially his age) are a bad thing.

ala Al Wilson.

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
6M to retire.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh he will be fine. Did you see him hop off the field on one foot? He will be fine, ...just like last year when he hurt his ankle. Oh wait, .........:flush:

http://www.utdallas.edu/~ctf031000/VIG/choke.jpg

Dagmar
11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
6M to retire.

You are a moron.

Boobs McGee
11-23-2009, 10:47 PM
Anybody else curious as to why a toe injury has somebody out three weeks?

I thought o-linemen were supposed to be tough...just wondering.

When is harris coming back?

strafen
11-23-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't think Orton's got any business practicing.
The guy is an average mediocre QB, and he's going to play hurt?
Please!!!
Start Brandstater. Let's see what we've got in the kid.
To try to play in a panick mode right now as if we were SB contenders is stupid.
We've achieved a lot more than everybody thought we would.
Not saying let's throw the towel, let's get an answer we all want to know right now about our QB prospect for next year.
Let's find out by playing Brandstater the rest of the way what we've got.
Nobody here can convince me that Brandstater won't give us a better chance to win than Orton.
He brings another dimesnion to our offense. He's better cut to play with the receiver corps we've got than Orton is. That's the bottom line...

strafen
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM

When is harris coming back?Have you ever had a toe injury, man?

That's what support most of your balance and shift weight.
It's a tougher injury than most people realize.
I've had a few of those and they hurt like hell

PRBronco
11-23-2009, 11:03 PM

Well it was a dislocated big toe, that's gotta be nasty as hell.

jhat01
11-23-2009, 11:08 PM
I don't think Orton's got any business practicing.
The guy is an average mediocre QB, and he's going to play hurt?
Please!!!
Start Brandstater. Let's see what we've got in the kid.
To try to play in a panick mode right now as if we were SB contenders is stupid.
We've achieved a lot more than everybody thought we would.
Not saying let's throw the towel, let's get an answer we all want to know right now about our QB prospect for next year.
Let's find out by playing Brandstater the rest of the way what we've got.
Nobody here can convince me that Brandstater won't give us a better chance to win than Orton.
He brings another dimesnion to our offense. He's better cut to play with the receiver corps we've got than Orton is. That's the bottom line...

What "dimesnion" would that be? Just like Simms looked great in preseason... Orton is our best chance to win. If B was that good he'd have been the number 2 all along.

Boobs McGee
Have you ever had a toe injury, man?

That's what support most of your balance and shift weight.
It's a tougher injury than most people realize.
I've had a few of those and they hurt like hell

I've broken some toes...just wrapped em tight and kept on truckin. Obviously, I"m not an NFL lineman so I couldn't say how much it would affect me personally...but I guess I look back over the years at injuries to olinemen and they usually seem like hockey players out there compared to the rest of the positions.

I wish he'd suck it up, but obviously the long term picture is more important. Don't know how much more polumbus I can handle right now :(

jhat01
You are a moron.

seconded

Boobs McGee
11-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Well it was a dislocated big toe, that's gotta be nasty as hell.

and actually, after I just wrote my last quote, I looked up the actual injury.

Two dislocated toes on his right foot.

Ouch!

That definitely makes a little more sense than out for three weeks for "turf toe" (which I thought it was originally ).

strafen
11-23-2009, 11:19 PM
I've broken some toes...just wrapped em tight and kept on truckin. Obviously, I"m not an NFL lineman so I couldn't say how much it would affect me personally...but I guess I look back over the years at injuries to olinemen and they usually seem like hockey players out there compared to the rest of the positions.

I wish he'd suck it up, but obviously the long term picture is more important. Don't know how much more polumbus I can handle right now :(Yeah, but you don't weight 300lbs :D

PRBronco
11-23-2009, 11:24 PM
and actually, after I just wrote my last quote, I looked up the actual injury.

Two dislocated toes on his right foot.

Ouch!

That definitely makes a little more sense than out for three weeks for "turf toe" (which I thought it was originally ).

The report I read said that initially they called it 2 dislocated toes, then changed it to just the one big one. But maybe that was misinformation, either way, had to have been nasty. What kind of an angle would it take? How would you get your shoe off?

strafen
11-23-2009, 11:31 PM
What "dimesnion" would that be? Just like Simms looked great in preseason... Orton is our best chance to win. If B was that good he'd have been the number 2 all along.The dimension is in his ability to get the ball to our recievers by making the throws Orton can't make.
TB also can make plays running the ball, moving out the pocket better.

Yes, I do understand he's a rookie, but let me ask you a question, why do you want Orton in there for?
To take us to the play-offs?
Superbowl?
I'm still hopeful we would make the play-offs, it's just not with Orton as our QB.

It ain't gonna happen. I still think we have a better chance to win with TB than we have with Orton any day of the week.

Let's give the kid a chance to show it, if he turns out to be not what we all hoped he would be in what I would consider a good 6 games left in the season, then we have something to work on for next year as far as QB goes.

Last year we've started with Marshall suspended for the first two games, we had a number of injuries at RB, and because of that, it allowed the team to play rookies that otherwise wouldn't ever had the chance to play.
Thanks to that, we've discovered Royal, Hillis, Clady, Spencer Larsen, etc...

So, until we play TB we won't know what we've got.
Do you also really think Orton playing injured against the Giants would still be a better choice than a healthy Brandstater?
Really, come on man!

Popps
11-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Orton playing injured against the Giants would still be a better choice than a healthy Brandstater?
Really, come on man!

Unless Orton is unable to walk, yes... he's a better choice than throwing a rookie into the broiler with a 6-4 record.

If we learned anything from Shanahan's handling of the Cutler situation, it's that it blew up in his face. He lost the team, and eventually his job.

You don't tell a team full of vets that you're giving up on their season so you can develop a 6th round draft choice, simply because you "don't know what you have."

Orton was the QB for this team while they compiled a 6-0 record. Apparently, he can do some things well. He's the best option we have to compete this season, and that's not going to change.

You may as well save your breath. Brandstater won't see a snap outside of a major injury to Orton.

Taco John
11-24-2009, 12:28 AM
If we learned anything from Shanahan's handling of the Cutler situation, it's that it blew up in his face. He lost the team, and eventually his job.

Huh? What are you talking about? This is a wierd reinvention of history. I'm not saying that we should put Brandstater in. I'm just saying that your version of history is pretty much an imagination run wild. Shanahan didn't lose the team or his job because of that move. The team started playing better, and the offense started scoring points again.

Starting Cutler didn't cost Shanahan his job or lose the team. It bought him a few years. Neglecting defense is what cost Shanahan his job.

~Crash~
11-24-2009, 12:41 AM

yep that cheap shot you LB'er made was just like him

~Crash~
11-24-2009, 12:43 AM

If it is a toe dislocation they can linger the whole season but I think I seen that they expected him back in 4 weeks .

broncocalijohn
11-24-2009, 12:47 AM
I hope he is at least 85 to 90 percent because i want no excuses on a 5th loss in a row.

strafen
11-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Unless Orton is unable to walk, yes... he's a better choice than throwing a rookie into the broiler with a 6-4 record.

You don't tell a team full of vets that you're giving up on their season so you can develop a 6th round draft choice, simply because you "don't know what you have."

Orton was the QB for this team while they compiled a 6-0 record. Apparently, he can do some things well. He's the best option we have to compete this season, and that's not going to change.

You may as well save your breath. Brandstater won't see a snap outside of a major injury to Orton.

Read Taco's reply. Delusional fans like you tend to spin the story in order to make their point to stick.
Orton is pedestrian at best. A 100% healthy Orton still sucks!
Come on man. Have you ever seen QB's play?
Where is your standard as far as QB's go?
How do you measure QB's?

Orton is fcking terrible man. He absolutely stinks, period!

Let me tell you something...
Aside from the New England game, that was the ONLY game in which Orton was a factor. On the other 5 wins the guy has been as irrelevant as he has been on our 4 losses. That's a fact. When you find prove to the contrary, please let me know or post it here, would ya'?

Orton can't rally this team from a deficit to a victory. He's just not that type of QB. His playing style has killed our offense, it has allowed teams to stop the run by just simply trying to stop Orton, or viceversa, it don't matter, all the have to do is cover a 20-yard area and they can neutrilize out offense.

What we've seen on our 4 losses is that we've won in Cincy by a fluke play, beat Cleveland and the Raiders just because they suck, beat SD thanks to 2 TD on special team by Royal, otherwise our offense only showed less than average points scored that wouldn't have won the game anyway.

I was happy to be 6-0, but I knew how we got there, I was being realistic, and despite that good record, I was still calling for Orton's head. Nobody here saw how bad Orton sucks because we were winning, you all were blinded by the fact we were 6-0. If you look at the cincy game, you'll see the same Orton who has played all season. Because we won, that put the blinds on you. You couldn't make a judgment about this team and be realistic because you're a "real fan".
That's why eveybody is finally realizing we're fckd at QB. It's sad it took some losses for the "loyal, real fans" to realize that.

misturanderson
11-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Read Taco's reply. Delusional fans like you tend to spin the story in order to make their point to stick.
Orton is pedestrian at best. A 100% healthy Orton still sucks!
Come on man. Have you ever seen QB's play?
Where is your standard as far as QB's go?
How do you measure QB's?

Orton is fcking terrible man. He absolutely stinks, period!

Let me tell you something...
Aside from the New England game, that was the ONLY game in which Orton was a factor. On the other 5 wins the guy has been as irrelevant as he has been on our 4 losses. That's a fact. When you find prove to the contrary, please let me know or post it here, would ya'?

Orton can't rally this team from a deficit to a victory. He's just not that type of QB. His playing style has killed our offense, it has allowed teams to stop the run by just simply trying to stop Orton, or viceversa, it don't matter, all the have to do is cover a 20-yard area and they can neutrilize out offense.

What we've seen on our 4 losses is that we've won in Cincy by a fluke play, beat Cleveland and the Raiders just because they suck, beat SD thanks to 2 TD on special team by Royal, otherwise our offense only showed less than average points scored that wouldn't have won the game anyway.

I was happy to be 6-0, but I knew how we got there, I was being realistic, and despite that good record, I was still calling for Orton's head. Nobody here saw how bad Orton sucks because we were winning, you all were blinded by the fact we were 6-0. If you look at the cincy game, you'll see the same Orton who has played all season. Because we won, that put the blinds on you. You couldn't make a judgment about this team and be realistic because you're a "real fan".
That's why eveybody is finally realizing we're fckd at QB. It's sad it took some losses for the "loyal, real fans" to realize that.

For someone who starts this post bitching about spinning a story, you sure do a good job of it yourself. A QB doesn't have to throw for 400 yds. and 3 TDs to be playing well if he has the defense we trotted out there the first 6 weeks (not to mention that he had AN OPEN DISLOCATION OF THE INDEX FINGER ON HIS THROWING HAND just before the regular season started).

He also had good to great games in the Dallas and 1st SD game. He did what he needed to do to win and he did it making throws that many QBs in the league could not make.

He was also playing exceptionally well in the first half of the Washington game, but I'm sure that doesn't count to you because Orton sucks and the only reason he was playing well was because the redskins' DBs were failing. It's not like Peyton Manning has ever had a good game where he took total advantage of a defense that was playing badly.

That's where I'll leave it because you obviously don't know what you're talking about if you don't think Orton has played at least above average this year considering the circumstances. His three really bad games (Cincy, Baltimore and Pitt) were against teams that make everyone look bad and he was getting zero help from the rest of his team. He isn't an elite or even a great QB, but not many are.

Dagmar
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Thanksgiving games get Monday practice estimations (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/24/thanksgiving-games-get-monday-practice-estimations/)

Posted by Mike Florio on November 24, 2009 8:41 AM ET
With the return of Thursday games, every Monday features injury reports that approximate the participation in practice of players who are banged up, if there had actually been practice.

For the Broncos, safety Brian Dawkins (neck), tackle Ryan Harris (toe), running back LaMont Jordan (back). Quarterback Kyle Orton (ankle) would have fully participated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

strafen
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
For someone who starts this post b****ing about spinning a story, you sure do a good job of it yourself. A QB doesn't have to throw for 400 yds. and 3 TDs to be playing well if he has the defense we trotted out there the first 6 weeks (not to mention that he had AN OPEN DISLOCATION OF THE INDEX FINGER ON HIS THROWING HAND just before the regular season started).

He also had good to great games in the Dallas and 1st SD game. He did what he needed to do to win and he did it making throws that many QBs in the league could not make.

He was also playing exceptionally well in the first half of the Washington game, but I'm sure that doesn't count to you because Orton sucks and the only reason he was playing well was because the redskins' DBs were failing. It's not like Peyton Manning has ever had a good game where he took total advantage of a defense that was playing badly.

That's where I'll leave it because you obviously don't know what you're talking about if you don't think Orton has played at least above average this year considering the circumstances. His three really bad games (Cincy, Baltimore and Pitt) were against teams that make everyone look bad and he was getting zero help from the rest of his team. He isn't an elite or even a great QB, but not many are.

And you're full of **** if you think Orton makes throws no other QB can make. You're freakin kidding me, right?
Orton can make throws that no QB can make?
If you're talking about those -2 yards completions, I have to agree with you there...

He doesn't need to throw the ball 400 yards at game. Heck, Roethlisberger is not a high yard passing guy. The guy has a heart and a drive to bring his team back, to make the plays he has to make to win the game.

We don't need a game manager, we don't need a QB that makes no mistakes, what we need is a QB that can move the chain and SCORE some freakin' points. Not one that plays not to lose and NOT to win a game. Waiting for some divine intervention ala Cincy to win the game for him. That's BS!

Orton is injury prone also. The guy is not an athlete. He looks like a freakin' stockbroker in a football uniform.
Does he have any muscle?
The guys looks like he's never worked out in his life. He's soft as hell!

strafen
11-24-2009, 09:26 AM
For someone who starts this post b****ing about spinning a story, you sure do a good job of it yourself. A QB doesn't have to throw for 400 yds. and 3 TDs to be playing well if he has the defense we trotted out there the first 6 weeks (not to mention that he had AN OPEN DISLOCATION OF THE INDEX FINGER ON HIS THROWING HAND just before the regular season started).

And you're full of **** if you think Orton makes throws not many QB's can make. You're freakin kidding me, right?
Orton can make throws that not many QBs can make?
If you're talking about those -2 yards completions, I have to agree with you there...

He doesn't need to throw the ball 400 yards at game. Heck, Roethlisberger is not a high yard passing guy. The guy has a heart and a drive to bring his team back, to make the plays he has to make to win the game.

We don't need a game manager, we don't need a QB that makes no mistakes, what we need is a QB that can move the chain and SCORE some freakin' points. Not one that plays not to lose and NOT to win a game. Waiting for some divine intervention ala Cincy to win the game for him. That's BS!

Orton is injury prone also. The guy is not an athlete. He looks like a freakin' stockbroker in a football uniform.
Does he have any muscles?
The guys looks like he's never worked out in his life. He's soft as hell!

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's to Dragster dying in a fiery plane crash! :wave: