PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Garcia a Bronco ?

BroncoBen
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Just heard on the radio that the Broncos are talking with Jeff Garcia.. this could mean the end of Chris Simms. Or it could mean Orton messed up his ankle even more.

Doggcow
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
**** that, let Brandstater play

barryr
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Means Simms is about to get cut. He can't even feel the rush and plays like he's in slow motion. He needs to move on with his life and do something else.

WolfpackGuy
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
His old lady's HAWT.

jhat01
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
would have like to see him here this offseason...probably too late to make a difference

NFLBRONCO
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Besides why have a left handed QB where a HOF LT isn't on his blindside.

NYBronco
11-23-2009, 02:44 PM

I'm for that, if Orton is injured and cant play.

BigPlayShay
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Or it could mean Orton messed up his ankle even more.

Both Orton and McDaniels said Orton will be good to go on Thursday... And I this article says the Steelers are looking at Garcia to replace Batch:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Steelers-talking-about-Garcia-with-Batch-hurt.html

Ratboy
11-23-2009, 02:45 PM
o_O

BMarsh615
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
He has played in a West Coast offense his entire career. I don't see why McDaniels would bring him in this late in the season.

BroncoMan4ever
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
McDaniels has decided to bring in his own form of boob mojo
http://www.carmella-decesare.net/pictures/Carmella%20DeCesare%2018.jpg

watermock
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Wow, just wow.

Someone just peed his diapers.

atomicbloke
11-23-2009, 02:54 PM
11 weeks too late

go_broncos
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
It's too late now..
Simms sucks and we all know it.

I don't understand why Mcd started with Simms..

PRBronco
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM

I log on to the Mane and I open this thread and I:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pXfHLUlZf4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

sisterhellfyre
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
He has played in a West Coast offense his entire career. I don't see why McDaniels would bring him in this late in the season.

If Garcia signs here, I wouldn't expect it to be for just six weeks.

elsid13
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Denver quarterback Kyle Orton (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8520) looks like he is on his way to starting on a short week Thursday night against the visiting New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg) as the Broncos try to snap a four-game losing streak and stay relevant in the playoff hunt.

Orton practiced fully Monday as the Broncos try to rebound a from a 32-3 home loss to San Diego on Sunday in which the Chargers took sole possession of first place in the AFC West. Orton didn’t practice all last week leading up to the game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/7005/orton-practices-monday

elsid13
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM

That not actually true. When he went to Cleveland they were running something similar to what we run now.

Taco John
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Garcia is going to want to go somewhere that he can pull a Kurt Warner act, not be a stop gap.

Ray Finkle
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
If Garcia comes here, the season is over.....

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Garcia is going to want to go somewhere that he can pull a Kurt Warner act, not be a stop gap.

that'd be his first choice, but the reality is that nobody's gonna call him to be a reclamation project bound for new found glory. IF he wants to play, it'll be in a backup role. I don't know that he's a good fit, but he's heady and just isn't gonna be as bad as simms. hell, PHIL simms right now wouldn't be as bad as simms. hell, call jeff george and drew bledsoe while you're at it.

missingnumber7
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
that'd be his first choice, but the reality is that nobody's gonna call him to be a reclamation project bound for new found glory. IF he wants to play, it'll be in a backup role. I don't know that he's a good fit, but he's heady and just isn't gonna be as bad as simms. hell, PHIL simms right now wouldn't be as bad as simms. hell, call jeff george and drew bledsoe while you're at it.

Why call those guys...just look up to the executive suite and ask mr elway to come throw a few balls around.

Dagmar
11-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Where exactly is this info coming from?

Mr.Meanie
11-23-2009, 03:45 PM
That would be great! Dudes a baller

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Why call those guys...just look up to the executive suite and ask mr elway to come throw a few balls around.

you're on to something here...watching brandon marshall drop missiles from elway would be surreal.

ro_50
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Can Jeff Garcia throw the ball downfield?

He doesn't have much left in his game nor his career.

It would be an act of desperation to bring him in.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Jeff Garcia = Jay cutler (sans arm and height)

broncos-rock
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Can Jeff Garcia throw the ball downfield?

He doesn't have much left in his game nor his career.

It would be an act of desperation to bring him in.

I think we have been there already with Berger!:thanku:

BroncoBuff
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Right now it doesn't look like Simms should be in the league at all, even as a backup. And he's too old for a #3.

Problem with Garcia is age of course ... I think the only way we sign him is if, a) we're confident Brandstater will develop, or b) we're definitely drafting a QB next year.

mr007
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
i log on to the mane and i open this thread and i:

^5

loborugger
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM

This.

1. Garcia plays a different kind of game. Brandstater already should be familiar with the playbook.

2. Garcia is old as dirt. The kid is young and cheap.

3. Just like Ty Law, this would only be a stop gap and would probably be around for this season and maybe one more.

4. Lets see what the kids got. If he has it, we dont need a QB.

The only way I see Garcia as a good move is if the coaching staff already knows where Brandstater is and has decided that TB is decidedly worse than Simms - which is pretty damn bad. But, even then its hard to give up on a rookie QB.

BroncoBuff
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM
I would love to "see what the kid's got."

Problem is, we're still tied for the wildcard spot.

loborugger
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM

I see it that way, too. However, if they bring him in, its probably because they dont see the season as over and believe that this move that really smacks of desperation is what is needed to pull the team outta of the doldrums and back on the road to the playoffs. That, to me, smacks of desperation.

Rivers Delivers
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Jeff Garcia > Jay cutler

Fixed it for ya'.

SureShot
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM

It really is 2006 all over again.Ha!

BroncoBen
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Where exactly is this info coming from?

I posted the thread.. I heard it on the Radio as I was driving home. It was one of the national shows.

Said how it was interesting that the Broncos were talking with Jeff Garcia.

They also mentioned how the Steelers were looking at QBs because Charlie Batch is out for a few weeks.

BroncoBen
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I see it that way, too. However, if they bring him in, its probably because they dont see the season as over and believe that this move that really smacks of desperation is what is needed to pull the team outta of the doldrums and back on the road to the playoffs. That, to me, smacks of desperation.

I see it as the Broncos wanting insurance at QB. That with Orton hurting, they have nothing at backup. Chris Simms showed he no longer can play in the NFL. And the Rookie... well he is a rookie.

The Broncos are still in the mix for the playoffs... the season is not over.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Fixed it for ya'.

trust me, i live near frisco and Oakland, i've seen his act plenty, and I've met his dumb ass in person. He's a hip hop wanna be opie looking Jay Cutler

Gort
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
trust me, i live near frisco and Oakland, i've seen his act plenty, and I've met his dumb ass in person. He's a hip hop wanna be opie looking Jay Cutler

yes, and although his name is spelled "garcia", it's pronounced "garthia".

;D

Steve Prefontaine
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
That not actually true. When he went to Cleveland they were running something similar to what we run now.
Cleveland actually ran an offensive system? What year was that?

DBroncos4life
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
I think we should call up Losman from the minor leagues. On a side note Patrick Chukwurah and David Kircus are playing well in the UFL. Tatum is third in rushing.

HEAV
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Reports from Pittsburgh is Garcia will be in Tuesday morning for a tryout with the Steelers. Big Ben got his bell rung, Charlie Batch needs wrist surgery leaving Dixon the only healthy qb.

I don't see Garcia coming to Denver.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Reports from Pittsburgh is Garcia will be in Tuesday morning for a tryout with the Steelers. Big Ben got his bell rung, Charlie Batch needs wrist surgery leaving Dixon the only healthy qb.

I don't see Garcia coming to Denver.

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/exhibitionist/thank-you-note-14021.jpg

uplink
11-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Lets hope McDs recent uncharacteristically poor personal moves end and its Garcia for Simms. Brandstarter can play in the NFL better keep him.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Lets hope McDs recent uncharacteristically poor personal moves end and its Garcia for Simms. Brandstarter can play in the NFL better keep him.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

You know, if we by some miracle lose the next 2, I'd get him ready. See what his upside and downsides are...The B man i mean

Rivers Delivers
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

LOL You just proved you don't know shiit about the man.

Nice try though.

fontaine
11-24-2009, 06:43 AM
It doesn't matter whether it's Brandster or Orton, the OL needs to do a better not getting driven back into oblivion in pass protection especially on the right side.

The coaches need to do a better job of sliding protection to help Polumbus who's a waste against speed rushers and the Giants have two good ones in Tuck/Usi.

elsid13
11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Cleveland actually ran an offensive system? What year was that?

1999 or so

rastaman
11-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Just heard on the radio that the Broncos are talking with Jeff Garcia.. this could mean the end of Chris Simms. Or it could mean Orton messed up his ankle even more.

Shanahan should have made Jeff Garcia a Bronco instead of Jake-The-Snake Plummber!

Sure why not.....at least Garcia can throw passes to Royal and Bmarsh in full stride!

Unless McD fixes the QB slot and the offense......Denver could just lose 10 consecutive games after going 6-0. Thats how dire the situation is right now.......that would be an EPIC FAILURE and NFL Record as well.

Garcia should be able to help Denver go 4-2, 3-3 or 2-4 for the remainder of the season.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-24-2009, 06:57 AM
McDaniels has decided to bring in his own form of boob mojo

What's her name? I can't start stalking her without it.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 07:11 AM

That won't last for long. Hate to say it but we aren't going to the playoffs in 09. The Giants, Indy, Eagles, Chiefs (if we split) look like 4 additional loses. And of course Denver can still lose and split with the Raiders! I'm just hoping we finish .500 after starting out 6-0!

rastaman
11-24-2009, 07:19 AM
If Denver loses 2 more games (which is) highly likely, Bradstater should be given the starting job for the remainder 4 games of the season; to get him ready to compete for the starting position next year.

Meanwhile double tape Orton's ankle....give pain killing shots and send Orton out there. And at the end of the season....award him the Purple Heart! For injuries incurred in the heat of battle and putting his body ahead of the team.

C130Herkload
11-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Carmella (DeCesare) Garcia.

Look it up.

PMOY.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 09:49 AM
LOL You just proved you don't know shiit about the man.

Nice try though.

Prove me wrong newbie

Rivers Delivers
11-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Prove me wrong newbie

You already did that for me.

Anyone who has been a teammate of the man and knows his real story... understands that he is a real leader and a winner.

I don't expect you to change your opinion. I mean, after all... you met the man... once... in a bar.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM

Anyone who has been a teammate of the man and knows his real story... understands that he is a real leader and a winner.

I don't expect you to change your opinion. I mean, after all... you met the man... once... in a bar.

Yeah, at a bar...if you played with him at state, then i now you too...FYI

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM

you see, what I'm saying to you newbie is, what has he done that could change my mind? You can't just come in and start calling people names and claiming people don't now anything. You have to back up your argument with what i like to call, some information. Your discussion abilities are weak. please step up or stop posting.

Rivers Delivers
11-24-2009, 11:24 AM
No. Not at State.

But if you played with him at State... you should know better.

If you watched him play at State... you should know better.

And if you watched (or played with) him at any other level... you should know better.

There is enough on-field evidence to disprove your original comparison.

Your off-field summary is just plain wrong. But you can hold on to it, because it's yours.

And... you are the one who went to the name calling. "newbie" really hurts.

But thanks for letting me play.

Good bye.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
No. Not at State.

But if you played with him at State... you should know better.

If you watched him play at State... you should know better.

And if you watched (or played with) him at any other level... you should know better.

There is enough on-field evidence to disprove your original comparison.

Your off-field summary is just plain wrong. But you can hold on to it, because it's yours.

And... you are the one who went to the name calling. "newbie" really hurts.

But thanks for letting me play.

Good bye.

Hilarious! Sorry if newbie hurt, but that's not name calling, that's the truth. No malice intended...

I'm sorry, his on the field play is erratic. His jump passes, his roll out, throw back across the field, force the ball into traffic to make a play? I compared him to cutler for those reasons. Not a far fetched statement if you ask me. As far as his off the field antics. Maybe he has matured since his college and niner days, (which was really the last time we spoke) but I'm not going to call the guy out in public specifically, cause he's not a BAD guy, but he is immature and his thought processes are in that realm. When I saw him with the raiders, his on the field decisions weren't better. He doesn't fit our system anymore than Cutler did. In my opinion (and it is mine) he doesn't have the physical tools to stand in the pocket and deliver against the blitz. Necessary in this system. I don't want to see him here. In shanny's system, probably would have been fine.

I have a touch pretty good personal feel for him, which I don't want to discuss, that why I keep saying cryptic things like "trust me", and I'm perfectly willing to debate what you know about him, but don't just come in here and start telling people you don't know, that they know nothing. It shows lazy intellect and a volatile effort to assimilate. Which i won't respond too positively. I don't think anyone here would. That's why you get the Newbie, cause I'm trying to remind you, you know nothing about me. Come strong newbie, I'm rooting for you.:wave:

rastaman
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Means Simms is about to get cut. He can't even feel the rush and plays like he's in slow motion. He needs to move on with his life and do something else.

Simms has been away from the game for 3 years. Right now the game must feel like warped speed on steriods! I say give him another year or two to get use to the speed of the game again.

Rivers Delivers
11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Hilarious! Sorry if newbie hurt, but that's not name calling, that's the truth. No malice intended...

I'm sorry, his on the field play is erratic. His jump passes, his roll out, throw back across the field, force the ball into traffic to make a play? I compared him to cutler for those reasons. Not a far fetched statement if you ask me. As far as his off the field antics. Maybe he has matured since his college and niner days, (which was really the last time we spoke) but I'm not going to call the guy out in public specifically, cause he's not a BAD guy, but he is immature and his thought processes are in that realm. When I saw him with the raiders, his on the field decisions weren't better. He doesn't fit our system anymore than Cutler did. In my opinion (and it is mine) he doesn't have the physical tools to stand in the pocket and deliver against the blitz. Necessary in this system. I don't want to see him here. In shanny's system, probably would have been fine.

I have a touch pretty good personal feel for him, which I don't want to discuss, that why I keep saying cryptic things like "trust me", and I'm perfectly willing to debate what you know about him, but don't just come in here and start telling people you don't know, that they know nothing. It shows lazy intellect and a volatile effort to assimilate. Which i won't respond too positively. I don't think anyone here would. That's why you get the Newbie, cause I'm trying to remind you, you know nothing about me. Come strong newbie, I'm rooting for you.:wave:

Nice diatribe... complete with innuendo and plenty of nonsense.

So what was it like playing with him at SJSU?

Pick Six
11-24-2009, 01:43 PM

Not really. He's an upgrade over Simms. That's what McDaniels would be thinking. However, I'm with HEAV. We would LIKE another backup, but the Steelers NEED another quarterback...

missingnumber7
11-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Is there any real case to this rumor, I mean I haven't even heard anything from ESPN or NFLN or Adam S about Garcia going anywhere.

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM

see, this is why you offer nothing...i tried to be nice...carry on newbie

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 02:11 PM

I didn't PLAY at SJSU...I played somewhere else.

Rivers Delivers
11-24-2009, 03:35 PM
see, this is why you offer nothing...i tried to be nice...carry on newbie

Riiiiiight.

I didn't PLAY at SJSU...I played somewhere else.

Well, at least we cleared that up.

Later.

Circle Orange
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM

Sounds good. He's already had that knee fixed. ROFL!