PDA

View Full Version : Ayers and A Smith?

mr007
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Anyone know what was up with them not playing?

DomCasual
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Ayers played. He almost had a pick in the backfield.

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Better question, what the hell was Jar Jar Moss doing out there?? Other than jumping offsides, I mean.

Florida_Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Better question, what the hell was Jar Jar Moss doing out there??

Haven't you been paying attention? His playing time has been increasing for weeks now.

DomCasual
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Better question, what the hell was Jar Jar Moss doing out there?? Other than jumping offsides, I mean.

Yeah, that was AWK-WARD.

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Haven't you been paying attention? His playing time has been increasing for weeks now.

Why yes, yes I have. I've also noticed that he's had ZEROS across his stat line for weeks now, thus evoking the question, 'What the hell was Jar jar Moss doing out there??'

Traveler
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM

I thought Ayers was inactive.

Unless of course you are being sarcastic.

Florida_Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Why yes, yes I have. I've also noticed that he's had ZEROS across his stat line for weeks now, thus evoking the question, 'What the hell was Jar jar Moss doing out there??'

If you saw that he's been out there more and more then why did you ask the question? ???

Dagmar
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM

He was inactive.

watermock
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Evidently he was both active and invisible.

I kept seeing some scrub called Hill making tackles.

Bronxfan
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Evidently he was both active and invisible.

not really a change there now is it?

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 12:33 PM
If you saw that he's been out there more and more then why did you ask the question? ???

I asked the same thing about Chris Simms--because he sucks out loud. The question was not to honestly question WHY Chris Simms entered the locker room, put on his uniform, and physically started at the qb position. The question was that considering he's a waste of space and utterly incapable as a quarterback--backup or other--what was the reason that McD saw fit to have him enter the locker room, put on his uniform, and physically start at the qb position for us. See the nuance there?

Jarvis Moss sucks in all ways and on all days. Based on his stat line this year, he's added nothing to the defense (unless you count penalties against him). I'd rather see Paul Toviessi out there--get the picture?

Florida_Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I asked the same thing about Chris Simms--because he sucks out loud. The question was not to honestly question WHY Chris Simms entered the locker room, put on his uniform, and physically started at the qb position. The question was that considering he's a waste of space and utterly incapable as a quarterback--backup or other--what was the reason that McD saw fit to have him enter the locker room, put on his uniform, and physically start at the qb position for us. See the nuance there?

Jarvis Moss sucks in all ways and on all days. Based on his stat line this year, he's added nothing to the defense (unless you count penalties against him). I'd rather see Paul Toviessi out there--get the picture?

It's a real simple answer. Because McDaniels felt like it. With Simms he didn't have much choice due to Orton's injury, but with Moss they obviously felt like he has been improving enough to earn playing time.

Not real hard to understand there.

broncosteven
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM

Apparently someone thought he would be better covering LT than Ayers. I only noticed him in a couple plays, one being where he was trailing LT in coverage, had Rivers placed the ball better it would have been another big play.

I am glad they haven't given up on Moss yet, I am sad that they can't get both Ayers and Moss dressed in the same game.

The fact that an aged Law is better than our latest 1st round pick right now is also sad.

Florida_Bronco
11-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Apparently someone thought he would be better covering LT than Ayers. I only noticed him in a couple plays, one being where he was trailing LT in coverage, had Rivers placed the ball better it would have been another big play.

I am glad they haven't given up on Moss yet, I am sad that they can't get both Ayers and Moss dressed in the same game.

The fact that an aged Law is better than our latest 1st round pick right now is also sad.

Ayers and Moss have been dressed for the same games. This is the first time Ayers has been inactive if I'm not mistaken.

gyldenlove
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Mcdaniels has Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, there is no other explanation why he would start Simms. I have seen dog turds do a more convincing impersonation of a QB than Simms.

watermock
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM

Wow.

How Nolan held this together for 6 weeks is astounding.

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM
It's a real simple answer. Because McDaniels felt like it. With Simms he didn't have much choice due to Orton's injury, but with Moss they obviously felt like he has been improving enough to earn playing time.

Not real hard to understand there.

Rhetorical question: A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply (ex: "Why me?")[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (often obvious) answer to the question must be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

Mmmmkay. I see your point, and from here, go Pontius Pilate on this engagement. *washes hands*

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Mcdaniels has Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, there is no other explanation why he would start Simms. I have seen dog turds do a more convincing impersonation of a QB than Simms.

man, now I gotta go look up Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease...too....much....work...

;)

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 01:04 PM

To his credit, he did have a pass defended on the stat sheet. Maybe he's Lenny Walls in disguise!

Florida_Bronco
11-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Rhetorical question: A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply (ex: "Why me?")[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to think about what the (often obvious) answer to the question must be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

Mmmmkay. I see your point, and from here, go Pontius Pilate on this engagement. *washes hands*

So you were just acting like your typical self rather than trying to have a legitimate football discussion. Gotcha.

I guess it's my fault. I should have expected nothing less of you.

Broncoman13
11-23-2009, 02:09 PM

He didn't even dress? WTF dude????

FireFly
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
No one has answered the A. Smith question though - where's he been at?

Doggcow
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
No one has answered the A. Smith question though - where's he been at?

Pretty sure Alphonso is injured.

lostknight
11-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Yesterday was a lesson in why 5'9'' corners are suicidal in this league.

ludo21
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Ayers was a much better pick than Orakpo ::)

mr007
11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
If Alphonso was injured, I'd expect him to show up on the injury list at a minimum and possibly on the inactives, he wasn't on either.

enjolras
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM
I have to admit, besides some flashes from Ayers... this looks like an AWFUL draft class.