PDA

View Full Version : This is why I never ate crow

mr007
11-23-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm not going to shower this thread with pessimism, but honestly it's looking more and more to me like the team has regressed.

Hopefully Josh gets it together for the rest of the season, but maybe he got in over his head.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Jesus. Don't shower the thread with pessimism, just start a completely pessimistic thread.

Gorgeous.

mr007
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
It's a lot more subtle than the overly optimistic that are so quick to down those who aren't on board with everything that happened, which is unfortunately beginning to show.

watermock
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
"Ha Ha!"

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/c/A/nelson.jpg

Popps
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
It's a lot more subtle than the overly optimistic that are so quick to down those who aren't on board with everything that happened, which is unfortunately beginning to show.

Shanahan is out of football.

Most of our starters from last year are out of football.

Cutler is a total disaster and we somehow managed to land a huge bounty for him while he destroys another team.

We've got a winning record and a core of much better players than we had last year.

Show me where the problem is?

We've lost a few games? Welcome to pro sports. It happens.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Cutler is a total disaster and we somehow managed to land a huge bounty for him while he destroys another team.

We've got a winning record and a core of much better players than we had last year.

The thing that kills me, is the all or nothing attitude. We want a top4 team RIGHT NOW! Like the Ills of the past are just gonna disappear overnight. It takes time to turn the franchise around, but the colts and pats took the time, and go it right. We are 6-4, so are a lot of other teams that are pretty happy about where they are. I'm betting the Browns, raiders, and lions wish they had our future. :egbgb:

mr007
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
There are many problems. Our D is about the same and our offense has regressed.

Thanks for welcoming me to pro sports Popps, pretty sure I've been following the game for a long time and I'm well aware of ups and downs, I just like to see improvement from my team.

Hogan11
11-23-2009, 12:39 PM
The thing that kills me, is the all or nothing attitude. We want a top4 team RIGHT NOW! Like the Ills of the past are just gonna disappear overnight. It takes time to turn the franchise around, but the colts and pats took the time, and go it right. We are 6-4, so are a lot of other teams that are pretty happy about where they are. I'm betting the Browns, raiders, and lions wish they had our future. :egbgb:

Instant gratification is the way of the west.....unfortunately.

That One Guy
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
If the Broncos had simply been on the losing end the last 4 weeks, people might have a point. Instead, though, the Broncos haven't even been competitive the last 4 games.

When we thought they would suck, being competitive was the standard. Just because the Broncos won 6 games noone expected them to, it's no longer the standard? Unless they locked up the Lombardi with those 6 wins, it wasn't enough.

mr007
11-23-2009, 04:04 PM
If the Broncos had simply been on the losing end the last 4 weeks, people might have a point. Instead, though, the Broncos haven't even been competitive the last 4 games.

When we thought they would suck, being competitive was the standard. Just because the Broncos won 6 games noone expected them to, it's no longer the standard? Unless they locked up the Lombardi with those 6 wins, it wasn't enough.

This is basically where my frustration resides. I was very happy about our wins, but we could have easily lost several of those first 6 games.

There are 6 teams in the NFL who have scored less points than us.

The Browns, Redskins, Raiders, Rams, Buccaneers, and Bills.

DivineBronco
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
I certainly agree that there are issues but I think we win that redskin game by two touchdowns without the injury...a QB injury is the great equilzer in this sport which is why I always advocate someone tazing manning before every game

SportinOne
11-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Once you call something subtle, it's no longer subtle.

But i agree with the rest.

SportinOne
11-23-2009, 04:29 PM
I certainly agree that there are issues but I think we win that redskin game by two touchdowns without the injury...a QB injury is the great equilzer in this sport which is why I always advocate someone tazing manning before every game

We couldn't shake them even WITH Orton.

Our offense hasn't been good all year, with or without Orton. Wake up.

SureShot
11-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Once again this team is being severely affected by injuries. Just like last year and in 2006.

watermock
11-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Shanahan is being paid 6 million this year.

The offense WAS intact. Noone said the D didn't need a total rebuild.

Cutler=We got fair value=did we draft well?

Core players? Older across the roster.

tsiguy96
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
lemme get this straight...you didnt eat crow because you were gonna wait for the broncos to start to lose, so you could come here and tell us you didnt eat crow because you knew they would EVENTUALLY suck, even though they didnt at one time.

got it.

spdirty
11-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I just hate getting teased. Thats all. But at least this team is consistent. First 6 they were consistently good, last 4 weeks they were consistently pathetic.

bronco610
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
lemme get this straight...you didnt eat crow because you were gonna wait for the broncos to start to lose, so you could come here and tell us you didnt eat crow because you knew they would EVENTUALLY suck, even though they didnt at one time.

got it.

This, unfortunetly this wont be the only poster showing back up.

watermock
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM

got it.

Yes, I waited, and almost believed Josh could make wine from piss.

I just waited like any other person who knew WTF was going to happen.

I think we rally to 8-8.

oubronco
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Shanahan is out of football. and living well he'll coach again

Most of our starters from last year are out of football. what's your point

Cutler is a total disaster and we somehow managed to land a huge bounty for him while he destroys another team. by huge bounty you mean a average qb at best and draft picks that haven't looked so good

We've got a winning record and a core of much better players than we had last year. the winning record is dwindling and our secondary is too old

Show me where the problem is? does anyone really need to do this? don't you watch the games

We've lost a few games? Welcome to pro sports. It happens. the only thing that makes any sense

Popps there are alot of problems on this team, we should be showing improvement but we are regressing hell even the chiefs are showing improvement we all know this will take time but we aren't even competitive this sucks

spdirty
11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
This, unfortunetly this wont be the only poster showing back up.

Its his favorite time, cuz he gets to show all of us how great a superfan he is.

watermock
11-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I'd like to give Popps some leg.

No.

Beavis failed to have a compentent backup.

El Jué
11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, I waited, and almost believed Josh could make wine from piss.

I just waited like any other person who knew WTF was going to happen.

I think we rally to 8-8.

I think it's 8-8 too, but that's not rallying. Going from the remains of a winning record to an even record is called falling.

watermock
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Its his favorite time, cuz he gets to show all of us how great a superfan he is.

When I first came here, there was no naziesque degree of fandom.

How's this: Go Hornheads!

TonyR
11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
When I first came here, there was no naziesque degree of fandom.

Funny though how you were so quiet while things were going well for the team. And now you post constantly. What does this say about you?

orinjkrush
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
there is no reason to have lost to the foreskins. and not to the chuggers in the playoff game of the year.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/623782115_52e240b0a1_m.jpg

rugbythug
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
There are many problems. Our D is about the same and our offense has regressed.

Thanks for welcoming me to pro sports Popps, pretty sure I've been following the game for a long time and I'm well aware of ups and downs, I just like to see improvement from my team.

Based on the our loss to SD our D is 20 Points better than last year. Lest we forget.

lex
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Funny though how you were so quiet while things were going well for the team. And now you post constantly. What does this say about you?

It doesnt say anything about him per se. It says, its a bottom line business. When you win 6 in a row, people are more content than when the team loses 4 in a row. Its actually not at all surprising that this is imperceptible to you.

Blueflame
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM

If you're gonna make this allegation, you can probably expect someone to demand that you show the numbers (a full in depth breakdown on the number of Mock posts per day for the entire '09 season) to support your hinted-at conclusion.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Funny, but mock seems to post all the time...but then again, i usually don't know what he's talking about

mr007
11-23-2009, 06:36 PM

got it.

actually it's for dip****s like you. I didn't eat crow because I didn't see anything worth eating crow about, even though we were 6-0 and doing much better than I, along with everyone else, expected. I am just pointing this out for the super fans.

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
actually it's for dip****s like you. I didn't eat crow because I didn't see anything worth eating crow about, even though we were 6-0 and doing much better than I, along with everyone else, expected. I am just pointing this out for the super fans.

you do know what eating crow means right?

DBroncos4life
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Put a crow in your mouth and eat it?

SJ Bronco
11-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Put a crow in your mouth and eat it?

you ever wonder what it actually tastes like?

tsiguy96
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM

thats exactly what eating crow is smart guy. you predicted doom and gloom and season is over ebfore it even started, regardless of 4 game slide, we are 6-4 and doing better than the vast majority of you ever thought and still in playoff hunt. you were completely wrong, mcdaniels is not that bad of a coach. in fact, you could say hes a GREAT coach considering the production he got out of the players we have on defense for so long before they got exposed. offense is clearly still a work in progress, either the passing or running game is clicking, neither at same time, but thats what happens with new coaches and complex schemes.

you were wrong, deal with it.

watermock
11-23-2009, 07:02 PM

I could give a smart answer, but Orton played well.

It's not his fault.

watermock
11-23-2009, 07:05 PM
thats exactly what eating crow is smart guy. you predicted doom and gloom and season is over ebfore it even started, regardless of 4 game slide, we are 6-4 and doing better than the vast majority of you ever thought and still in playoff hunt. you were completely wrong, mcdaniels is not that bad of a coach. in fact, you could say hes a GREAT coach considering the production he got out of the players we have on defense for so long before they got exposed. offense is clearly still a work in progress, either the passing or running game is clicking, neither at same time, but thats what happens with new coaches and complex schemes.

Complex schemes? Not that bad? Work in progress?

Bob? Is that U?

tsiguy96
11-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Complex schemes? Not that bad? Work in progress?

Bob? Is that U?

ya see, this just doesnt make no damn sense.

hes clearly a good coach, no coach is 100% perfect. its obviously a work in progress or we would be scoring more, im not 100% sure the reason we arent scoring more because there are several reasons, orton has someone in his face up the middle every play, and defense isnt helping anymore because for some reason they dont want to blitz anymore, nolan needs to step back and realize what was working.

mr007
11-23-2009, 07:31 PM

I didn't predict doom and gloom, I didn't like the changes of the off season and figured we would win between 4-6 games losing our QB and changing coaches.

I never said I thought McDaniels was a horrible coach, you pretty much place everyone into a doom and gloom category that has any sort of criticism for the team, which is retarded.

The offense has regressed (as I thought they would) and the D is has improved. Hence, no reason to eat crow, moron.

tsiguy96
11-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't predict doom and gloom, I didn't like the changes of the off season and figured we would win between 4-6 games losing our QB and changing coaches.

I never said I thought McDaniels was a horrible coach, you pretty much place everyone into a doom and gloom category that has any sort of criticism for the team, which is retarded.

The offense has regressed (as I thought they would) and the D is has improved. Hence, no reason to eat crow, moron.

dont know how many times i need to explain that criticism and constant whining and crying are two different things.

mr007
11-23-2009, 07:34 PM
dont know how many times i need to explain that criticism and constant whining and crying are two different things.

you should probably look it up and read it about 700 times because you're clueless.

Maybe you'll never get it, I don't know you're pretty slow.

Eldorado
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say 'no'.

watermock
11-23-2009, 07:51 PM
"Crow" was served up for everyone not proclaiming McD the Savior.

Sorry, I didn't save it to file.

Popps
11-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Shanahan is being paid 6 million this year.

Sorry Mock... I'll say it again...

he's out of football, along with a large chunk of our starters from last season.

No one's talking about his financial situations or his investment portfolio. We're talking about football.

Oh, then there's Cutler. Gosh, if only we had him back huh?

:spit:

Br0nc0Buster
11-23-2009, 08:56 PM
ah so the starter hasnt eaten crow because he doesnt actually know what that phrase means....it makes sense now

24champ
11-23-2009, 09:03 PM
he's out of football

That was his choice, he's waiting for the right situation to arise.

DBroncos4life
11-23-2009, 09:07 PM

Someday Mike will get lucky enough that a team will get desperate enough and offer him a job.

Popps
11-23-2009, 09:19 PM

Oh, that's weird. I thought Bowlen handed him a pink-slip. Maybe I read it wrong.

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
I never said don't trade once the cards were dealt. Or the deal.

The choices? I'd take Knox.

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh, that's weird. I thought Bowlen handed him a pink-slip. Maybe I read it wrong.

Indeed. A 14M pink slip.

mr007
11-24-2009, 07:16 AM
ah so the starter hasnt eaten crow because he doesnt actually know what that phrase means....it makes sense now

Ummm, eating crow would require to have been vehemently wrong about the things I was upset about this off season.

Now that we're further into this season, those very things are showing true, so yeah, that completely goes against the definition of eating crow. Makes lots of sense.....

rastaman
11-24-2009, 07:45 AM
you ever wonder what it actually tastes like?

Depends how much Tabasco Sauce and Lemon Juice is used. ;D

Br0nc0Buster
11-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Ummm, eating crow would require to have been vehemently wrong about the things I was upset about this off season.

Now that we're further into this season, those very things are showing true, so yeah, that completely goes against the definition of eating crow. Makes lots of sense.....

"even though we were 6-0 and doing much better than I, along with everyone else, expected."

what specifically were you upset about that you were so dead on accurate over?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2341515&postcount=4

Because when you compare Jay Cutler to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning the logical conclusion is to just assume you get confused easily

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Depends how much Tabasco Sauce and Lemon Juice is used. ;D

I'll eat anything if drowned in that hot sauce that Popeye's uses...

mr007
11-24-2009, 09:42 AM
"even though we were 6-0 and doing much better than I, along with everyone else, expected."

what specifically were you upset about that you were so dead on accurate over?
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2341515&postcount=4

Because when you compare Jay Cutler to Tom Brady and Peyton Manning the logical conclusion is to just assume you get confused easily

Get a life, you seriously searched for that?

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Get a life, you seriously searched for that?

hey, he backed his argument with information. Don't hate, duplicate...:afro:

Blart
11-24-2009, 09:48 AM
It's been 10 years since our last Super Bowl, as fans it's ok to start expecting one again.

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm not going to shower this thread with pessimism, but honestly it's looking more and more to me like the team has regressed.

Hopefully Josh gets it together for the rest of the season, but maybe he got in over his head.

Instead of eating crow, how 'bout eating squirrel? It's kinda the same, after all, you kinda have a point with this thread...

SJ Bronco
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Instead of eating crow, how 'bout eating squirrel? It's kinda the same, after all, you kinda have a point with this thread...

Hey, I don't know what crow tastes like, but squirrel isn't bad. It's a little gamy, but it has a nice rich flavor....:thumbs:

Tombstone RJ
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Hey, I don't know what crow tastes like, but squirrel isn't bad. It's a little gamy, but it has a nice rich flavor....:thumbs:

"Waiter, can I have a nice big fat plate of squirrel with a side of crow please? What's that you say, your out of crow? I wanna see the manager right now! I'll be damned if I'm gonna come all the way in here and not eat crow, by God!"

rastaman
11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
It's been 10 years since our last Super Bowl, as fans it's ok to start expecting one again.

It may be another 10 years before we see another Super Bowl. SB's aren't promised and hard to come by. The 49ers and Cowboys fans haven't been to the SB in over 15 plus years.