PDA

View Full Version : I have to give Orton Credit!

Sassy
11-23-2009, 01:24 AM
Playing on a bad ankle...I thought he looked good and had a lot of fight in him!

OBF1
11-23-2009, 01:45 AM
I was glad he was able to play. So we lost, We can still end the season at 12-4 :thumbs:

Sassy
11-23-2009, 01:48 AM
Hear! Hear! Dimitri!
I still have faith...
New coach, new QB, new system...It will have kinks to work out!

Popps
11-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Props to Kyle for gutting it out. Wish we could have made a better game of it, but there's a lot of season left.

OBF1
11-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Effff to all the doubters. The season has been full of suprises, good or bad. I can hardly wait until Thursdays game.

Go Broncos

Borks147
11-23-2009, 02:19 AM
I really don't give a **** how the game turned out - I'd be on crutches with that injury, and to see the team's leader step in, cold, without reps, on one leg and play pretty f---ing well...I'm confident this team will be just fine.

bpc
11-23-2009, 02:40 AM
I agree with the sentiment. Orton got up off the mat when most would have stayed down. Props to Kyle for that.

Put about 10mph more on that fastball and we'll be best friends.

BMarsh615
11-23-2009, 04:44 AM
When Orton started warming up I thought it completely reenergized the team. The defense got a stop and he completed 2 down the field passes. I actually thought we were going to win until Moreno fumbled.

He didn't look like the injured Kyle Orton that played for Chicago last year. :thumbs:

barryr
11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Orton showed a lot coming in when it was obvious the team wasn't going anywhere with Simms, who looked and played like a HS QB. Moreno's fumble, whether it really was one or not, killed all momentum they had. It seemed like the team had the spark once Orton canme in, but lost it all after that fumble. The Bronco RB's have fumbled way too much this season.

The Joker
11-23-2009, 06:40 AM
I don't see how anyone can actually dislike Orton, guy is a gamer with a great attitude.

Whether he's good enough long term is another story, but he's fun to root for.

gunns
11-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Hear! Hear! Dimitri!
I still have faith...
New coach, new QB, new system...It will have kinks to work out!

So true. But Orton should never have had to come out there yesterday. I hope he doesn't have a set back. I hope they cut Simms so that they are never tempted to put him out there again. Then we can work out the kinks that really need working out and go on to that 12-4 season!

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 07:21 AM
Effff to all the doubters. The season has been full of suprises, good or bad. I can hardly wait until Thursdays game.

Go Broncos

No doubt. Wish you and Chica could make it. (to the game, that is:wiggle:)
The stadium is full of doubters and people who sit on their hands.

Ramathorn
11-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Orton will suffice until the draft. Then we HAVE to get a qb.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 07:41 AM
When Orton started warming up I thought it completely reenergized the team. The defense got a stop and he completed 2 down the field passes. I actually thought we were going to win until Moreno fumbled.

He didn't look like the injured Kyle Orton that played for Chicago last year. :thumbs:

If Moreno doesn't fumble, that's a completely different ballgame. That fumble absolutely KILLED our resolve.

Hey, sometimes the breaks just don't go your way. They went our way in San Diego, they didn't at home against the Chargers. Nothing to be done about it except be more prepared next time. Oh. AND NEVER LET CHRIS SIMMS TOUCH A FOOTBALL AGAIN. Holy christ, that guy's terrible.

I think McBroncoBuff owes everyone an apology for that nonsense.

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 07:52 AM
If Moreno doesn't fumble, that's a completely different ballgame. That fumble absolutely KILLED our resolve.

Hey, sometimes the breaks just don't go your way. They went our way in San Diego, they didn't at home against the Chargers. Nothing to be done about it except be more prepared next time. Oh. AND NEVER LET CHRIS SIMMS TOUCH A FOOTBALL AGAIN. Holy christ, that guy's terrible.

I think McBroncoBuff owes everyone an apology for that nonsense.

Yep.

It's on, on thursday.

HEAV
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Watching Simms the 1st quarter had me down. The when I saw Kyle warming up I was like " Hell ya that's my quarterback!"

Then he goes in and leads & throws the offense to the goal line! Only to have a freak play and rookie mistake cost the team a touchdown...

I don't care about cannon arm, Simms is supposed to have a stronger arm yet he doesn't zip the ball like Kyle, Kyle can throw deep (when allowed).

What I care about is a leader on the field, a field general that the team follows. The minute Kyle stepped in the huddle the feeling was different.

Kyle is the QB for the next few years and this team will win with Kyle.

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Watching Simms the 1st quarter had me down. The when I saw Kyle warming up I was like " Hell ya that's my quarterback!"

Then he goes in and leads & throws the offense to the goal line! Only to have a freak play and rookie mistake cost the team a touchdown...

I don't care about cannon arm, Simms is supposed to have a stronger arm yet he doesn't zip the ball like Kyle, Kyle can throw deep (when allowed).

What I care about is a leader on the field, a field general that the team follows. The minute Kyle stepped in the huddle the feeling was different.

Kyle is the QB for the next few years and this team will win with Kyle.

I had a few doubts about Orton prior to the regular season, but he has shown to be an effective leader, a competent QB and has the heart required to lead this team.

Simms needs to be taken out with the trash. He needs to be cut. Show him the door and slam it behind him.

He's an ALL AROUND LOSER!

Peoples Champ
11-23-2009, 08:32 AM

Ya that Moreno fumble killed us. I say we have a competive game if we go into half at 13-7. That way we can mix pass and run. Down 13-0 at half, we just came out passing in the second half.

gyldenlove
11-23-2009, 08:37 AM
It was a very gutsy effort by Orton, it was clear to see he was not comfortable with the ankle but seeing him out there puts Simms awful play in perspective.

I hope the ankle heals up quickly because it is obvious that Simms is never again going to be more than a badly overpaid clipboard holder. We need Orton in there to get anything out of this season, it is clearly his team.

ro_50
11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Orton has guts and I'm glad he's the starter of this team.

Its just frustrating the last two seasons, he's gotten off to good starts only to be derailed by ankle injuries.

This team has a big dropoff from its no. 1 qb to no. 2 qb. Simms is brutal out there.

BroncoMan4ever
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
**** haters. we weren't supposed to win 6 games all year. there are still 6 games left and we still have time to right the ship. be happy and enjoy the fact that this team is vastly improved over last years and the year befores and the year before that's team.

BroncoMan4ever
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
It was a very gutsy effort by Orton, it was clear to see he was not comfortable with the ankle but seeing him out there puts Simms awful play in perspective.

I hope the ankle heals up quickly because it is obvious that Simms is never again going to be more than a badly overpaid clipboard holder. We need Orton in there to get anything out of this season, it is clearly his team.

the moment he stepped on the field, it seemed that the team had a new attitude and swagger about it(until the fumble at the goalline basically killed our momentum)

even the fans had more excitement in them. it was great to see, that we have a QB that so many are investing hope in.

Rivers Delivers
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Props to Orton for sure. Hard not to respect a guy who can pull his shiit together like he did.

I liked it better when Cutler would come out and throw his arms up in helpless disgust and then mope off the field after throwing a game ending pick. Made it easy to enjoy hating the Broncos.

But Kyle is a true pro. He's a winner, too. I can only hope he doesn't stick around and that McBeavis brings in some other douchey QB we can hate.

Sassy
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I liked it better when Cutler would come out and throw his arms up in helpless disgust and then mope off the field after throwing a game ending pick. Made it easy to enjoy hating the Broncos.

You mean like in last nights game! LOL!

Rivers Delivers
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM

You mean like in last nights game! LOL!

Yep. And then he had to be consoled by McNabb. Donovan should have charged him a fee for that counseling session. Cutler wanted to cry, but instead he threw on his hat... walked briskly (for once)... got his pep talk... and quickly dismissed this loss as a "blip" on the radar.

The kid was born to lose on the field. I love it that he's getting what he asked for.

ro_50
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Its hard not to root for a guy like Orton, who works hard and plays with heart.

He's a leader. I just hope his ankle doesn't worsen as the season goes on because he's going to have to play for this offense to right the ship.

ScottXray
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Orton coming in fired up the team..
Morenos fumble let a lot of air out, but the killer was that dumb on-side kick play after we finally got some points. There was still a 1/4 and a half left
and the momentum seemd to still be going our way. That call gave the chargers back the mo and the field position needed to put us away.

I hated the call, and can say that absolutely was what ended our chances.

I am so depressed about this team right now.

We still control our destiny...but SOMEONE on offense has to start making some plays.

Simms ....what a loser.

crawdad
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM

No doubt, Dimitri and Chica need to come to the game sometime this year! No excuses! ;)

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Morenos fumble let a lot of air out, but the killer was that dumb on-side kick play after we finally got some points. There was still a 1/4 and a half left
and the momentum seemd to still be going our way. That call gave the chargers back the mo and the field position needed to put us away.

We still control our destiny...but SOMEONE on offense has to start making some plays.

Simms ....what a loser.

I disagree about the onside kick. I think the momentum was killed for good with Moreno's fumble. Having just gotten Orton into the game, team rolling, offense moving, to the goal line and... no points. Killer, killer mistake.

I understand the idea of trying the onside, but I sort of felt that not everyone was on the same page. And if we'd gotten that sucker -- we nearly did -- it would have gotten that crowd back into the game for the offense to come in and get something going again. Plus, our defense could have used that rest. I get the decision. If it had worked, McD would be a genius.

NYBronco
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Orton had the team at the goal line in short order. Kyle is the man. I hope he's on the field Thursday leading this team.

I'm more disappointed in the fumble then the decision to attempt the onside kick.

ak1971
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Coach says i'm too drunk to start... What a flaming pile of horse****! I only got this drunk so my ankle wouldn't hurt ****face!

OBF1
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM

Being as quiet as I am, I would still have the entire section around me calling/texting stadium officials for cheering too loud for my team.... and telling them to sell their tickets to fans that want to cheer for the broncos.

When you have 2 tickets for us to use, We will come, tailgate and have a great Bronco's weekend with you and Lisa.

Rivers Delivers
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM

Simms ....what a loser.

Actually, we control your destiny now.:yayaya:

But yes, the onside kick killed ya'.

BlaK-Argentina
11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Actually, we control your destiny now.:yayaya:

But yes, the onside kick killed ya'.

Let's see if your guys can finally make something with the division. If you win it, of course.

Rudeboy
11-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Playing on a bad ankle...I thought he looked good and had a lot of fight in him!

You know I work with one stupid so called Bronco fan at work and all day today all he could say was "Orton Sucks" "We could have won without him"... Needless to saw this idiot is a freaking ESPN sheep and saw the game on the NFL ticker that scrolls accross the screen... And from that he was able to sumise that Orton blew this game for us... What a complete Moron this guy is.

Anyways I thought Orton played pretty good and showed that he is a freaking Warrior. All these calls for the Rook to start ahead of him or for us to look for a QB in the draft are foolish if you ask me. The guy is not much older then Cutlet and I think he will get better and better year after year.

I see why so many freaking Bears fans actually liked the dude. Surround him with enough talent and a good scheme and he can get it done. Now if we could only get MCD to pull his head out of his butt and get this offense going by using all the weapons when and where we need them. *cough* Sheff and Hillis *cough*

strafen
11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Let's be fair here...
Orton went in and by the time the game was over all we had to show for was 3 freakin' miserable points!
Come on, Orton is a mediocre QB that has proven nothing to lead this team back from a deficit. He flat out sucks a big one!
Now, as for Simms, yes, he stunk up the joint. No question about it.
I do still think that he should've been allowed to finish the game to see if he would've come around.
The guy has not seen live action in over 3 years.
He needed to be left longer in the game.
We still lost the game with or without Simms. But McD as much as I love the guy, shot Simms' confidence.
How can the guy recover from this one.
Rookie coach mistake any which way you look at it.
If Orton was good enough to come in and play, then he should've started the freaking game in the first place.

Orange4Life
11-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Let's be fair here...
Orton went in and by the time the game was over all we had to show for was 3 freakin' miserable points!
Come on, Orton is a mediocre QB that has proven nothing to lead this team back from a deficit. He flat out sucks a big one!
I do still think that he should've been allowed to finish the game to see if he would've come around.
We still lost the game with or without Simms. But McD as much as I love the guy, shot Simms' confidence.
If Orton was good enough to come in and play, then he should've started the freaking game in the first place.

Really? You think Orton 'sucks a big one' and we should of stayed with Simms? Just wow!

strafen
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Really? You think Orton 'sucks a big one' and we should of stayed with Simms? Just wow!
Before you spin what I've said into something else, let me rephrase what I said...

Simms being taken out earlier than he should've caused more damage to the team as a whole than if he had stayed the rest of the game.
Am I saying Simms would've won the game?
No, but we didn't get any better with Orton in there either, did we?

No, it didn't.
Yes, in hindsight we should've stayed with Simms. Orton re-aggravated his injury, and we didn't achieve a thing, did we?

So, it comes down to Simms needing more game time action for the good of the team. Now this team looks in disarray and the confidence level would hit bottom should Orton not be able to play in the future.

Who are you going to play?
Simms lost a chance to get some action like I've said. Good or bad, he needed the time in.
He was shut down of that opportunity and at the end of the day, we still lost the game, and we only mustered 3 points.
Simms still remains an untested QB trying to get back into the NFL for the first time in 3 years...

BlaK-Argentina
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Let's be fair here...

Moreno doesn't fumble and we score more than 3. It would've been a whole different ballgame. When Orton came in, the whole team looked different for a while. They played with fire, they were inspired. They were going to score to get within 6. (I think)

Then the fumble happened...

DenverBound
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Before you spin what I've said into something else, let me rephrase what I said...

Simms being taken out earlier than he should've caused more damage to the team as a whole than if he had stayed the rest of the game.
Am I saying Simms would've won the game?
No, but we didn't get any better with Orton in there either, did we?

No, it didn't.
Yes, in hindsight we should've stayed with Simms. Orton re-aggravated his injury, and we didn't achieve a thing, did we?

So, it comes down to Simms needing more game time action for the good of the team. Now this team looks in disarray and the confidence level would hit bottom should Orton not be able to play in the future.

Who are you going to play?
Simms lost a chance to get some action like I've said. Good or bad, he needed the time in.
He was shut down of that opportunity and at the end of the day, we still lost the game, and we only mustered 3 points.
Simms still remains an untested QB trying to get back into the NFL for the first time in 3 years...

Someone should punch you in the throat. Quit life.:ban:

winstocn
11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
As someone who just sprained his ankle badly on Sunday, I must say I have even more respect for Orton gutting it out that day. I only wish greek could help me with my rehab :\

uplink
11-25-2009, 11:07 PM
Orton looked fired-up when he came in last Sunday, I like him too.

I think without the Simms and Moreno fumble, this game would have been close, maybe
a broncos victory. The Moreno fumble was a freak event, another spit second and it would have been a TD.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">