View Full Version : B-Marsh calls out his teamates

bronco militia
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Chargers take lead in AFC West with pounding of Broncos
Comments 1 | Recommend 0
November 22, 2009 6:15 PM
FRANK SCHWAB
THE GAZETTE
DENVER – Angst over a four-game losing streak was apparent in the Denver Broncos’ locker room after a loss that significantly hurts their chances of winning the AFC West.

The Broncos lost 32-3 on Sunday to San Diego in a game that was for first place in the AFC West. Denver is 6-4 after a 6-0 start.

“This is probably the most frustrating game I’ve ever played in,” receiver Brandon Marshall said.

The frustration boiled over after Knowshon Moreno fumbled just before crossing the goal line in a 13-0 game. Marshall said something to Moreno, and Moreno shoved him. Moreno was held back by teammates from going after Marshall on the sideline.

“Nothing long term, just the heat of the moment,” Moreno said.

McDaniels said he wasn’t worried about the confrontation, that it was a situation between two competitive players. Marshall said he told Moreno “we’ve got to pick it up,” and was asked if he regretted what he said to Moreno.

“I don’t regret anything,” Marshall said. “This was a playoff game. There were guys on the sideline that weren’t angry, that didn’t have a lot of emotion. They need to look at themselves in the mirror. This is a game where you’ve got to have it. None of us can make any terrible plays.”

Marshall made it clear Moreno wasn’t to blame for the loss, and it was “a bunch of plays” that cost the Broncos the game.

“Knowshon is a competitor, that’s what makes him good,” Marshall said. “I’d take him in my foxhole any time.”

The Broncos fell behind 13-0 before replacing Chris Simms with Kyle Orton at quarterback. Orton didn’t practice the entire week because of a left ankle injury, but was inserted in the game to give the Broncos a spark. The offense moved better with him in the game, but not enough for the Broncos to pull off the win.

“This was definitely a heartbreaker for us,” defensive end Vonnie Holliday said. “We had the opportunity to right so many wrongs by coming in and getting a victory tonight against San Diego. It was a major letdown.”

http://www.gazette.com/sports/oneup-89681-font-11px.html

Meck77
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Marshall is coming around.

Boobs McGee
Good, maybe this will light a fire under there asses.

Love it when players get after each other!

Dudeskey
Time for a players only meeting

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Here comes a 2-5 page thread of the guys who are anti-Marshall and always will be because he's a "flava clown" and whatnot arguing with the guys who are pro-Marshall because he's a beast of a WR.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM

I agree..

missingnumber7
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM

This team was better when he was a whiney complainer that didn't do jack and got benched and acted like a 2 yr old.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
This team was better when he was a whiney complainer that didn't do jack and got benched and acted like a 2 yr old.

Is there some logic in there somewhere?

Popps
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
I've got no problem with Marshall saying this.

But, he can't handle business like he did with Moreno. That's punk bull****.

Rod Smith led this team for a decade without embarrassing teammates on the sidelines.

Rod also performed, no matter who was at QB.

Boobs McGee
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM
“Knowshon is a competitor, that’s what makes him good,” Marshall said. “I’d take him in my foxhole any time.”

http://www.gazette.com/sports/oneup-89681-font-11px.html

"As long as he isn't carrying grenades" - quoted from my roomate, after I read him the article

LOL

Lolad
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM

He's always been like that... I guess you've never watched any games. The one that comes to mind was the Jaguars last year. Marshall juking like a RB for a 1st down.

McDman
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM
Here comes a 2-5 page thread of the guys who are anti-Marshall and always will be because he's a "flava clown" and whatnot arguing with the guys who are pro-Marshall because he's a beast of a WR.

Well he has done his share of bone headed things, and I have a feeling more antics are to come, but I agree with what he said. It's time he called people out, at least he is playing with some emotion.

KS Bronco
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
i love the emotion, and love that he didnt call out any specific teammates... he actually said he'd take knowshon into a foxhole with him in battle.
in fact, he's right. players have to improve.
bdawk may be rubbing off on him.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
He's always been like that... I guess you've never watched any games. The one that comes to mind was the Jaguars last year. Marshall juking like a RB for a 1st down.

:spit:

Lolad
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM

Rod Smith led this team for a decade without embarrassing teammates on the sidelines.

how the hell did he embarrass him? This is ****ing football... a grown mans sport if you can't take your teammate telling you we have to pick it up. Get the hell off the team. Have you EVER played a sport in your life and a teammate tells you "We got to pick it up!"???

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Someone steps up and calls out his team for piss poor play and people still bitch.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Well he has done his share of bone headed things, and I have a feeling more antics are to come, but I agree with what he said. It's time he called people out, at least he is playing with some emotion.

When has Marshall not ever played with emotion?? You guys are bashing him for nothing.. I'll leave this thread I can see where this is going

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 08:05 PM
how the hell did he embarrass him? This is ****ing football... a grown mans sport if you can't take your teammate telling you we have to pick it up. Get the hell off the team. Have you EVER played a sport in your life and a teammate tells you "We got to pick it up!"???

Word. Knowshon should have been benched at least one game by now. The fact that McD hasn't made a statement with him scares me. Thank you Bmarsh for the leadership. This is a team sport and when you're not held accountable in this big mans sport, you need to be punk'd

bpc
11-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Honestly, many of the Broncos players quit during this game. 32-3 loss to a rival with a division lead on the line and some of these guys didn't even bother to show up.

Broncomutt
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Did he say something to Simms too I wonder?

I remember after Simms' fumble in the first they showed him and Marshall talking on the sidelines. Now they could have been talking about routes and hot reads, but I remember thinking it looked like Marshall was a little up in his face and had words for him about protecting the ball.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand you have to love competitive fire and emotion. On the other hand this kid was acting like a petulant bitch in training camp, showing complete disdain for his teammates. Now you're gonna call a teammate out?? :saywhat:

This team seems ripe for full blown implosion. I'm not sure we've seen the worst yet.

bronco militia
11-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Did he say something to Simms too I wonder?

I remember after Simms' fumble in the first they showed him and Marshall talking on the sidelines. Now they could have been talking about routes and hot reads, but I remember thinking it looked like Marshall was a little up in his face and had words for him about protecting the ball.

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand you have to love competitive fire and emotion. On the other hand this kid was acting like a petulant b**** in training camp, showing complete disdain for his teammates. Now you're gonna call a teammate out?? :saywhat:

This team seems ripe for full blown implosion. I'm not sure we've seen the worst yet.

holy read between the lines, batman!

Man-Goblin
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I have absolutely no problem with this.

McDman
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
When has Marshall not ever played with emotion?? You guys are bashing him for nothing.. I'll leave this thread I can see where this is going

I didn't bash him at all, wtf are you talking about? I was saying I'm glad he was at least showing some emotion.

Learn to read in context before you spaz out.

SouthStndJunkie
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Good for B-Marsh....someone needs to show some piss and vinegar on the team after the last 4 games.

Popps
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM

I played football... did you?

I would have had no problem with one of my team leaders getting in my face if I deserved it.

However, Marshall isn't a team leader and Moreno out played him today.

There's a time, a place, a way and the right person to handle these things.

Dawkins pulls Moreno aside, I've got no problem. Some mouthy, emotional ego-tripping WR does it, and it doesn't sit properly.

That's my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM

I would have had no problem with one of my team leaders getting in my face if I deserved it.

Dawkins pulls Moreno aside, I've got no problem. Some mouthy, emotional ego-tripping WR does it, and it doesn't sit properly.

How is Marshall not a team leader? He's our #1 offensive weapon. By default that makes him a team leader. How he chooses to exert that leadership is a debatable point. To say he's not a team leader is not accurate. Yes, I completely disagree with you.

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Moreno is a rookie. A ROOKIE! I don't care how many issues you have with Marshall, he has every right to tell the dude to hold ONTO THE DAMN BALL! Someone needs to. He is Fumblina, and we can't have that. Marshall and Royal and any other receiver's woes are not them. It's the QBs. Our entire WR corps did not suddenly start sucking at the same time. If you knew a damn thing about football you'd know this.

Hogan11
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
T.O. has been doing this for the past two weeks on the Buffalo sidelines and it's worked wonders.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
I like that BM called out his teammate but, he hardly did much either. Where is stokes????????

bronco militia
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
I like that BM called out his teammate but, he hardly did much either. Where is stokes????????

where's the offense?

two FG' is all the offense has been able to score the last two home games

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
where's the offense?

two FG' is all the offense has been able to score the last two home games

This O stinks our skill positions need upgrading across the board. I think some of these guys need a new atmoshere.

theAPAOps5
11-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Count me as an anti-Marshall fan but let me tell you the part bolded by the original poster is great to see in him. The guy is a head case but damn if he says the right things when a microphone is put in front of him.

I take no issue with him calling out his teammates when he says it like he did.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Get him a QB that can get him the damn ball.. He didn't have 100 balls in consecutive seasons for no reason.. Hell Royal even caught 90 balls while Scheffler was around 40-50.

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
T.O. has been doing this for the past two weeks on the Buffalo sidelines and it's worked wonders.

Exactly.

As I said... there's a time, a place, a way and a person to do something like that. Marshall isn't remotely the guy, that wasn't the time and Moreno had a good game.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I think its good players call out teammates to motivate them. My thing is though how much right do they have when accuser isn't lighting it up either. We lack talent everywhere but, I am disappointed our best players other then DJ aren't doing anything.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Get him a QB that can get him the damn ball.. He didn't have 100 balls in consecutive seasons for no reason.. Hell Royal even caught 90 balls while Scheffler was around 40-50.

Well until that happens we are where we are. I do think put each of these guys on better teams they would do good. I think as a group and our O now its not a fit. I just saying I could see a complete overhaul at skill positions. I do expect Royal here. Its up to them not me.

I think McD's O needs a Desean Jackson's Percy Harvin type added to the mix.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL a Bronco is playing with fire and heart. He shows that he gives a **** about whats going on and poops has a problem with it? A time and a place for it? What a wanker. Heaven for bid someone wants to end this four game slide.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Good for Brandon

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:30 PM
How is Marshall not a team leader? He's our #1 offensive weapon. By default that makes him a team leader.

No it doesn't. Not remotely. Not even close. Stats don't define a team leader.

Again, someone else brought up the question of whether or not you've played the game. If you have, you can easily recognize that Marshall isn't a "leader."

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 09:39 PM
No it doesn't. Not remotely. Not even close. Stats don't define a team leader.

Again, someone else brought up the question of whether or not you've played the game. If you have, you can easily recognize that Marshall isn't a "leader."

You are just plain wrong and I will not argue with you. I'm lucky in that I get to sit behind the Broncos bench when I can make it back to Denver for the games. Unfortunately, I can't get to Denver until tomorrow but I will be there on Thursday. BMarsh is in peoples face, pumping the team up game after game. You have have zero clue. You don't like his character and his troubled past and that taints your perspective. The dude is a leader period. And I do believe there is a correlation between stats and leadership. 100% of the guys I've played with who led in a position were leaders. Maybe I was lucky.

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
You are just plain wrong and I will not argue with you. I'm lucky in that I get to sit behind the Broncos bench when I can make it back to Denver for the games. Unfortunately, I can't get to Denver until tomorrow but I will be there on Thursday. BMarsh is in peoples face, pumping the team up game after game. You have have zero clue. You don't like his character and his troubled past and that taints your perspective. The dude is a leader period. And I do believe there is a correlation between stats and leadership. 100% of the guys I've played with who led in a position were leaders. Maybe I was lucky.

Is he a captain?

24champ
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
LOL a Bronco is playing with fire and heart. He shows that he gives a **** about whats going on and poops has a problem with it? A time and a place for it? What a wanker. Heaven for bid someone wants to end this four game slide.

Agreed. This team gave up in the second half.

So much for the "competitive" football Popps preaches on this board. Where was the fire in this team? I remember Herc saying something like this team needs to get its stomp back...and that was about 3 weeks ago.

Pick Six
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM
A leader doesn't make a scene. This argument was close to the field of play. It showed the Chargers that the team was imploding. That's like blood to a shark. It was all downhill from there...

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Is he a captain?
Wait. You have to be a captain to be a leader in the NFL? Sorry Bro I didn't know that. You are 100% right. You are also right about how this team is improved from last year.

Weaksauce.

24champ
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEPDNHCrPfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEPDNHCrPfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yeah obviously Peyton Manning doesn't know what he is doing....

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM

Oh, sorry... which one of Brandon's 3 catches showed all of this "heart" today?

Moreno was busting off 8 yards a carry and scored a TD the refs stole from him.

How does Marshall show more "heart" than Moreno today?

Again, I've got no problem with the right person handling things like this however they see fit. Brandon isn't that guy.

On a side note, if you want to call people names... try learning some basic grammar and spelling skills. I hope you're under the age of 10, because you write like you are.

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Wait. You have to be a captain to be a leader in the NFL? Sorry Bro I didn't know that. You are 100% right. You are also right about how this team is improved from last year.

Weaksauce.

Oh, sorry... I thought since he was such a well-known team-leader, he would have been a captain.

You know, captains being well-known team leaders, and all.

Popps
11-22-2009, 09:56 PM

Yea, because Marshall and P. Manning have accomplished about the same things in this league. Marshall and Manning are usually mentioned in the same breath.

:rofl:

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh, sorry... I thought since he was such a well-known team-leader, he would have been a captain.

You know, captains being well-known team leaders, and all.

"well-known" team leader is your words, not mine. But, yes he is a leader and I see it every week. But to your point, we only have 7 well known leaders on the team. I get it and you are wrong.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Oh, sorry... which one of Brandon's 3 catches showed all of this "heart" today?

Moreno was busting off 8 yards a carry and scored a TD the refs stole from him.

How does Marshall show more "heart" than Moreno today?

Again, I've got no problem with the right person handling things like this however they see fit. Brandon isn't that guy.

On a side note, if you want to call people names... try learning some basic grammar and spelling skills. I hope you're under the age of 10, because you write like you are.
This board sure is lucky to have you here to let us know who is and isn't a leader on this team.

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:03 PM
This board sure is lucky to have you here to let us know who is and isn't a leader on this team.

Oh, sorry... I thought we all were entitled to opinions?

Brandon quit on the team, was suspended, started slow... and now suddenly he's a "team leader" because he showed "heart" making THREE catches today?

Wow!

The message Marshall was sending to Moreno was that, "we've got to pick it up," Marshall said.
In return, Moreno gave Marshall a forceful shove in the chest.
"It's frustrating, those are plays that kill drives, and we've got to punch it in next time," Marshall said.

The types of plays that kill drives? Scoring touchdowns? Moreno scored a ****ing touchdown and the refs took it away. What the **** does that have to do with "killing drives?" You want Moreno not to stretch out and try to score, Brandon? Should he take a knee at the one yard line?

Marshall said he didn't regret anything he said to Moreno following the fumble but admitted that perhaps he "handled it wrong." Marshall said he would expect similar criticism from his teammates if it were him who erred.
"This is a game where you've got to have passion, and none of us can make any terrible plays," Marshall said.

Of course he handled it wrong. It wasn't leadership, it was confrontation. It was frustration.

That said, it's not a big deal as long as it's an isolated thing... but it's still **** we don't need. Let guys like Dawkins handle taking care of the young players, Brandon. You're still a young player, yourself. Worry about getting some separation on your routes for a change.

bpc
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM
LMAO. More comedy on this thread.

Brandon Marshall had 18 catches against these fools last year in our place. 3 catches this time? What changed?

Oh yeah, a noodle armed QB and a left handed tool took over for Cutler and neither can get the ball to our playmakers, hence why we look like ass on offense.

Let's keep on blaming the WR's, the OL, and the refs for what's clearly evident on the field... we lack any kind of considerable talent at the QB position.

Don't get mad at me though. McD is the guy who can turn water into wine and chicken $hit into chicken salad. Just calling it like it is. Our QB situation is a travesty and has been all year. Only people from the school of suck, aka Jake Plummer fans, will think that Orton is the answer to our problems.

ZONA
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't think it matters one bit. The Broncos are clearly showing the growing pains that everybody thought they would show when the season started. This team, as a group (players and coaches) has never been tested like this and it's clearly showing. We are still quite a few great players away from being able to own the trenches. And we clearly don't have a snowballs chance in hell if we get behind by more then 2 scores in the 2nd half. This team is continually making the big mistakes (this week, 3 turnovers and one on the 1 yard line) which are costing them momentum in the games and ultimately wins. You can say what you want but I would sit Moreno down this next game and try to drive it home to him that fumbles (like the one he had today in the redzone) just cannot be tolerated.

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Keep up the psycho-babble routine, Chris.

Hey, how did your boy Cutler do tonight?

I notice you didn't start your weekly Cutler love-fest thread.

I notice you haven't done that in a while.

Hmmm...

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh, sorry... I thought we all were entitled to opinions?

Brandon quit on the team, was suspended, started slow... and now suddenly he's a "team leader" because he showed "heart" making THREE catches today?

Wow!

The message Marshall was sending to Moreno was that, "we've got to pick it up," Marshall said.
In return, Moreno gave Marshall a forceful shove in the chest.
"It's frustrating, those are plays that kill drives, and we've got to punch it in next time," Marshall said.

The types of plays that kill drives? Scoring touchdowns? Moreno scored a ****ing touchdown and the refs took it away. What the **** does that have to do with "killing drives?" You want Moreno not to stretch out and try to score, Brandon? Should he take a knee at the one yard line?

Marshall said he didn't regret anything he said to Moreno following the fumble but admitted that perhaps he "handled it wrong." Marshall said he would expect similar criticism from his teammates if it were him who erred.
"This is a game where you've got to have passion, and none of us can make any terrible plays," Marshall said.

Of course he handled it wrong. It wasn't leadership, it was confrontation. It was frustration.

That said, it's not a big deal as long as it's an isolated thing... but it's still **** we don't need. Let guys like Dawkins handle taking care of the young players, Brandon. You're still a young player, yourself. Worry about getting some separation on your routes for a change.

Wow I've heard it all. In other words, "Brandon, you are a punk and not a leader. Please sit down, shut up and beat some women after the game. Again, you are not a leader despite being the best player on our team. You will never be a leader. We only have 7 leaders and they have a C patch on their jersey to designate their leadership. I see how you pump up the sidelines game after game offering hugs, pats on the back and 50 chest bumps. Stop doing it because you are not a leader." Sincerely POPPS

24champ
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Yea, because Marshall and P. Manning have accomplished about the same things in this league. Marshall and Manning are usually mentioned in the same breath.

:rofl:

::)

Uh...nobody compared Marshall to P. Manning. This stuff happens on the sidelines all the time in football. I know you played football but some of us played higher than Pop Warner and this **** happens sometimes. You also don't need to be a captain to call someone out.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Its cool it seems like most people are thrilled to see someone show heart on the team but I guess it doesn't jive with you so I guess its a problem. If you look around it seems that YOU, popps are the only one really taking a issue to what he did. I'm willing to guess that a large amount of people here and in the locker room view Marshall as a leader so you should make it a quest to ram your views and opinions down our throats. :thumbs:

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:15 PM
::)

Uh...nobody compared Marshall to P. Manning. This stuff happens on the sidelines all the time in football. I know you played football but some of us played higher than Pop Warner and this **** happens frequently. You also don't need to be a captain to call someone out.

Played all through high school and have followed the game my entire life.

I certainly don't need a football education from someone who thinks Brandon Marshall and Peyton Manning have achieved the same level of leadership qualities.

Look, I'm glad you got yourself all moist over Brandon's temper-tantrum at a guy who played better than he did. Tivo it and watch it over and over, for all I care. Just don't tell me it helped anything, or that it was some great act of "leadership."

bpc
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
I love when our QB looks like ass, you blame it on the WR's, OL, whomever else you can blame. Then when Jay does bad, it's all his fault, he sucks, and never account for any of the responsibility you expect Orton's playmakers to have.

ha ha. Classic OM double standard which is becoming quite the norm here.

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
If you look around it seems that YOU, popps are the only one really taking a issue to what he did.

Hogan compared his actions to Terrell Owens, which I think is very accurate, so... one of the best posters on the forum disagrees with you.

Beyond that, I never said it was that big of a deal. It was just a typical, wide-receiver ego-punk move.

I also realize wide receivers throw tantrums on a regular basis.

If it's an isolated incident, it's not a big deal at all. Never said it was.

Again, Brandon would be better off showing his "leadership" by learning to separate from defenders like Calvin Johnson did today.

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
I love when our QB looks like ass, you blame it on the WR's, OL, whomever else you can blame. Then when Jay does bad, it's all his fault, he sucks, and never account for any of the responsibility you expect Orton's playmakers to have.

Sorry, Chris... you must have gotten lost on your way to a Jay Cutler thread. No surprise. You're a one-trick pony. But, the grown-ups are talking about other things besides the quarterback, now.

Run along.

strafen
11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
We need Peyton Hillis in there, periodMcDaniels is being a knuckle head!

McDman
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Signs of a classy fan...

Gotta love it when you root for your own players to fail, especially ones who do not act like fools and come to work trying their hardest.

Go f*** yourself, you miserable excuse for a fan.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Hogan compared his actions to Terrell Owens, which I think is very accurate, so... one of the best posters on the forum disagrees with you.

Beyond that, I never said it was that big of a deal. It was just a typical, wide-receiver ego-punk move.

I also realize wide receivers throw tantrums on a regular basis.

If it's an isolated incident, it's not a big deal at all. Never said it was.

Again, Brandon would be better off showing his "leadership" by learning to separate from defenders like Calvin Johnson did today.

It only took Calvin Johnson 11 weeks to get separation but hey don't let that stop you from tossing his name out there like he isn't on pace for under 1000 yards receiving and 5 tds.

WRs throw tantrums all the time this is true, 90% of them are asking for the ball more which is what TO does. So was Marshall asking for the ball more like TO?

Atwater His Ass
11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Its cool it seems like most people are thrilled to see someone show heart on the team but I guess it doesn't jive with you so I guess its a problem. If you look around it seems that YOU, popps are the only one really taking a issue to what he did. I'm willing to guess that a large amount of people here and in the locker room view Marshall as a leader so you should make it a quest to ram your views and opinions down our throats. :thumbs:

popps has an agenda. it's always been more important for him to push his agenda then to genuinely root for the Broncos.

24champ
Played all through high school and have followed the game my entire life.

If you say so. ;)

Just don't tell me it helped anything, or that it was some great act of "leadership.

Marshall was venting frustration, it was a big game, and the team for the most part didn't show up to play. Football players tend to get frustrated on the sidelines when things aren't going their way during a game and snap. It happens, we didn't show up today period. Hopefully on Thursday we have a better showing.

Rudeboy
Time for a players only meeting

Had one last week.. Didn't work.. Time for a MCD lynching

BroncoMan4ever
11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
hell yeah. that is what i want out of a top player on my team. i want him in dudes faces, amping people up, calling them out on their bull****.

and i love that Moreno had the balls to push back. there are a lot of players who would stand there and take it like a bitch, he heard the words and reacted like a man.

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:37 PM
If you say so. ;)

I imagine many of us did.

I Football players tend to get frustrated on the sidelines when things aren't going their way during a game and snap. It happens, we didn't show up today period. Hopefully on Thursday we have a better showing.

Again, you're making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be.

It's not news to anyone that losing teams get frustrated.

The difference is, I haven't seen Champ Bailey or Dawkins spitting **** in a players face the second after he fumbled.

Marshall himself said he handled it wrong. That should end that part of the discussion.

Whether or not he's the right guy to be getting in dude's faces is purely opinion. I'll cast my vote in the "no" camp.

He's no Ray Lewis.

24champ
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Again, you're making a bigger deal of this than it needs to be.

:ouwknow: I'm not the one on a crusade in this thread against Marshall. These incidents happen, player calls another player out. Not sure what else you'd expect.

I can only imagine what you'd do if DJ Williams got in somebodies face.

Popps
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
It only took Calvin Johnson 11 weeks to get separation but hey don't let that stop you from tossing his name out there like he isn't on pace for under 1000 yards receiving and 5 tds.

Sorry, maybe you missed the fact that he was injured much of the season.

How about last year when he put up huge numbers with a different dog**** QB every week?

Yea... if Detroit offered up Johnson, you'd want to keep Marshall... right?

Go ahead and say that with a straight face.

Popps
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
:ouwknow: I'm not the one on a crusade in this thread against Marshall. These incidents happen, player calls another player out. Not sure what else you'd expect.

Dude, I think you're confused.

You keep attempting to explain to me that these "thing happen."

We've agreed on that several times. We needn't agree several more. Everyone on earth knows that these "things happen."

That doesn't mean they're worth a ****, and it certainly doesn't suddenly mean that Marshall is a "team leader." ::)

:ouwknow: I'm not the one on a crusade in this thread against Marshall.

I want Brandon to succeed. That's all I want. He's not my favorite person, but as long as he's stopped beating women, I have no problem rooting for him to play football well. Let me know when he starts doing that.

:
I can only imagine what you'd do if DJ Williams got in somebodies face.

I'll say this, as flawed as DJ's game is... at least he's likely to carry more cred with his teammates than Marshall. I'd actually probably think it was more appropriate for DJ to call a guy out, if for no other reason than at least he's kept his nose clean and been a Bronco for many years.

Baba Booey
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
"As long as he isn't carrying grenades" - quoted from my roomate, after I read him the article

LOL

Bahaha now that's funny

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Sorry, maybe you missed the fact that he was injured much of the season.

How about last year when he put up huge numbers with a different dog**** QB every week?

Yea... if Detroit offered up Johnson, you'd want to keep Marshall... right?

Go ahead and say that with a straight face.

Well according to you Cutler is dog**** so Marshall was putting up pretty solid numbers while being in the same boat as Calvin Johnson. I'm well aware that Calvin Johnson was hurt in week 5 vs the Steelers. What I'm not sure you are get that he wasn't lighting the NFL on fire prior to being hurt. 1 TD in his first five games. Marshall had 4 in the same amount of games. As for trading straight up. Its really not that big of a deal to me. I don't have a issue with Marshall and I do think Calvin is a fine young WR. Its not like I think we would be better or worse then 6-4 right now if we had Calvin over Marshall. As of right now Marshall is having a better season and I know that has to be bothering you.

Don Flamenco
11-22-2009, 11:20 PM
LMAO. More comedy on this thread.

Brandon Marshall had 18 catches against these fools last year in our place. 3 catches this time? What changed?

Oh yeah, a noodle armed QB and a left handed tool took over for Cutler and neither can get the ball to our playmakers, hence why we look like ass on offense.

Let's keep on blaming the WR's, the OL, and the refs for what's clearly evident on the field... we lack any kind of considerable talent at the QB position.

Don't get mad at me though. McD is the guy who can turn water into wine and chicken $hit into chicken salad. Just calling it like it is. Our QB situation is a travesty and has been all year. Only people from the school of suck, aka Jake Plummer fans, will think that Orton is the answer to our problems.

04-05 Plummer made Ashley Lelie look good. I don't think it is very fair to compare him to Orton at this point. He actually was #2-3 in the league with yards per completion that year.

Popps
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
As of right now Marshall is having a better season and I know that has to be bothering you.

Bothering me?

Hell no. Marshall needs to be the guy for us. What bothers me is that he can't get separation all day against a division rival.

As for Johnson, he'll have a better career. That doesn't mean Marshall can't have a good one, but those two won't be thought of in the same category in 5 years. You can count on that.

24champ
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
I want Brandon to succeed. That's all I want

I'd actually probably think it was more appropriate for DJ to call a guy out

http://i509.photobucket.com/albums/s332/thegreat_11/1089w0p.gif

Popps
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
[IMG]http://i5

Hey, I didn't say I liked DJ's play... I just said he's probably got more cred than Marshall with regard to how young players look at him.

Seems fairly obvious.

DBroncos4life
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Bothering me?

Hell no. Marshall needs to be the guy for us. What bothers me is that he can't get separation all day against a division rival.

As for Johnson, he'll have a better career. That doesn't mean Marshall can't have a good one, but those two won't be thought of in the same category in 5 years. You can count on that.

He may have more TDs then Marshall but yards will always be close and Marshall will have more catches then him.

cousinal11
11-23-2009, 05:01 AM
I don't like the comparison to TO.

TO throws tantrums and bitches when he doesn't get the ball.

Marshall told another player to pick it up in a game we had to have, a game that happens to be the 4th we've lost in a row.

Big difference.

barryr
11-23-2009, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately there is still some Shanahan trash still on the team that needs to go in the offseason. I did see the emotion of this team gone for much of the game. But I don't think Marshall is in any position to start calling out teammates considering what he did himself during training camp.

Bronxfan
11-23-2009, 05:59 AM

Idiot! Moreno PUSHED Marshall after Marshall told him to 'pick it up!'. How many times do you think those words are spoken without a getting a shove from the teammate you are directing it towards? 99.9% of the time. MORENO's reaction is the issue, not marshall talking to him.

Broncoman13
11-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Bothering me?

Popps, you really don't have a clue sometimes. What you didn't see yesterday were the numerous occasions in which BMarsh was wide open and didn't get a look. I spoke with Raj after the game expecting him to be frustrated with BMarsh's antics. Especially not going for the ball on that last throw over the middle near the South Endzone. Instead he talked about how he was open by 20 yards on one play and Orton threw the ball (incomplete) underneath. Wasn't even covered. And in case you didn't notice, Philip Rivers connects with Vincent Jackson A LOT when he is well covered. Why, b/c he throws the ball behind the receiver allowing him to make a play on the ball. Either our QB is incapable or they are poorly coached. BMarsh was practically begging for Orton to give him a shot at a jump ball in the endzone. Instead Orton is throwing the ball out of bounds. 26-3 at that point and he's worried about throwing an INT. Say what you like about Jay Cutler throwing interceptions. At that point in a game he wouldn't give a **** about his stats, he'd try and make the play... sure more and more he is turning the ball over, but he isn't afraid to be great.

Meck77
11-23-2009, 06:37 AM
People. We lost 32-3. I wish there was an individual or two we could lay blame on for this loss. The fact is all three phases of our team got worked.

If it makes you all feel better to flame away on one another then flame away.....

BabyTO
11-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Moreno had a good game.

Fumbling at the 1yd line when we were down by 13 with only 1 minute left in the 1st half? Retard.

gtown
11-23-2009, 06:42 AM
I don't care who it is, I am just glad that a player is calling the team out. The last two losses have been unforgivable. We laid down and took it like bitches in a prisonyard yesteday.

Smiling Assassin27
11-23-2009, 07:43 AM
156 touches, so far, and 4 fumbles--that's 2 out of every 100 touches. The best RB's in the league either have twice as many touches (same amount of fumbles--AP) or 50+ more touches and less than half as many fumbles (C. Johnson/MJD). That's unacceptable.

B-Marsh, being new to this whole 'leader' thing, probably didn't handle the encounter very well. If Moreno reacted the way he did, I'm sure Marshall didn't. It's clear that Marshall was frustrated and he let that frustration creep into what he had to say to Moreno--not wise. Still, Marshall's a leader on the team, so holding guys accountable is his job.

Broncoman13
11-23-2009, 07:54 AM
156 touches, so far, and 4 fumbles--that's 2 out of every 100 touches. The best RB's in the league either have twice as many touches (same amount of fumbles--AP) or 50+ more touches and less than half as many fumbles (C. Johnson/MJD). That's unacceptable.

B-Marsh, being new to this whole 'leader' thing, probably didn't handle the encounter very well. If Moreno reacted the way he did, I'm sure Marshall didn't. It's clear that Marshall was frustrated and he let that frustration creep into what he had to say to Moreno--not wise. Still, Marshall's a leader on the team, so holding guys accountable is his job.

Come again? Something tells me you're not a mathematician. That is actually one in every 44 touches.

Rohirrim
11-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Honestly, many of the Broncos players quit during this game. 32-3 loss to a rival with a division lead on the line and some of these guys didn't even bother to show up.

You should have seen them last year under Shanahan when the season actually was on the line. Oh, I forgot. The lovers of Shanahan have obliterated that game from their memories. I think it ended something like 52 to 21 or something like that. And some of the players were laughing on the sidelines. Of course, none of those comedians are still here because McD cut them all. He must have watched the film. You should have seen the ass-whipping the Raiders gave us in our own house. Damn. If only Cutler and Shanahan were still here. We could watch that all over again, but I guess Bowlen didn't want to watch that all over again.

McDman
11-23-2009, 08:09 AM
People. We lost 32-3. I wish there was an individual or two we could lay blame on for this loss. The fact is all three phases of our team got worked.

If it makes you all feel better to flame away on one another then flame away.....

NO! Didn't you know this one is all on McDaniels and Orton?!

At least that's what bpc and Bronxfan want everyone to believe.

jhns
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
You should have seen them last year under Shanahan when the season actually was on the line. Oh, I forgot. The lovers of Shanahan have obliterated that game from their memories. I think it ended something like 52 to 21 or something like that. And some of the players were laughing on the sidelines. Of course, none of those comedians are still here because McD cut them all. He must have watched the film. You should have seen the ass-whipping the Raiders gave us in our own house. Damn. If only Cutler and Shanahan were still here. We could watch that all over again, but I guess Bowlen didn't want to watch that all over again.

Umm, we are watching it all over again. I think that was his point.... Who said anything about Shanahan or Cutler doing better anyways?

cousinal11
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
"156 touches, so far, and 4 fumbles--that's 2 out of every 100 touches."

:spit:

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 08:48 AM

Well, why's he staring right at Moreno and waiting for him on the sideline to drop that line on him?

Nevermind, it's not actually a huge deal. Like Moreno said, "Nothing long term . . .

Marshall is ok, I don't have a big problem with him, but he could have handled it better. He got too worked up and sometimes - many times - a guy seething on the sideline looking to push buttons doesn't punch the right buttons.

Marshall after the game had a lengthy interview with Gary Miller a local guy and he was trying to say the right things but Marshall doesn't quite have a good handle on how to conduct himself as a leader.

The whole team needs to settle down and play better football.

Steve Prefontaine
11-23-2009, 08:51 AM
So no one has a problem with Moreno pushing Marshall and shouting back at him? It was a pretty bad **** up that cost Denver some major mojo. Moreno could have just taken the lashing and moved on.

I am absolutely fine with Marshall chewing out the rook. For some people it doesn’t matter what Marshall does, he can’t win.

24champ
11-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Come again? Something tells me you're not a mathematician. That is actually one in every 44 touches.

One in every 39 touches.

Popps
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Again, you people are making too big of a deal of this.

Marshall got emotional and got in a guy's face at a time he shouldn't have. Moreno let him know it wasn't the time.
Again, Brandon should worry more about making a contribution on the field, getting separation from defenders, etc.

Let the real team leaders worry about creating confrontations on the sidelines, not a guy who had to be suspended by HIS OWN TEAM.... THIS season.

Aside from that, it's not a big deal. Looks like it got a few people around here hot and wet. Whatever works for you.
I'll get worked up when Brandon is playing like Andre Johnson, not jawing on the sidelines.

Popps
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Beyond that, Moreno said it was no big deal... and Marshall admitted he handled it wrong.

Why are we still discussing this? Both players have agreed that it was goofy...

... and we move on.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
So no one has a problem with Moreno pushing Marshall and shouting back at him? It was a pretty bad **** up that cost Denver some major mojo. Moreno could have just taken the lashing and moved on.

I am absolutely fine with Marshall chewing out the rook. For some people it doesn’t matter what Marshall does, he can’t win.

It wasn't a "bad f'up". Kid reached across the goal line and hit his OL guy in the knee. Please, be accurate.

The whole team needs to settle down. 79 had two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, couple of DL guys jumping offsides. Denver wanted this win badly against the reigning Div champs, wanted the sweep.

It's time for them to settle down and grind out 5 wins. Hopefully they get that done.

Broncoman13
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM

Yup, when you're battling for a shot at the playoffs and you have players showing up late for the bus ride out you know you've lost the team. But what bothered me more was the players that had plane reservations for the following day out of Denver to start their vacations. Honestly, I don't think I could have 'that guy' in my foxhole.

Broncoman13
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
One in every 39 touches.

LMAO... can't we make fun of people with our own math genius anymore???

oubronco
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM

Why everyone blames Cutler and Shanny for that awful defense last year is funny why not put the blame where it belongs with the defensive players and Slowdick his scheme sucked ass

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Frustration abounds.

Dagmar
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEPDNHCrPfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEPDNHCrPfM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

That was awesome.

DBroncos4life
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Shanahan and Cutler are BOTH gone and the mid-season no heart collapse remains. Regardless with our backs up against the wall in this game this year we still lost by 30 points, which is almost what we lost by last year. I don't know what team you have been watching the last four weeks but we don't need Shanahan or Cutler back to watch that all over again because its clearly happening without them. I'm not even sure why you need to bring up former employees of Bowlen anyways. No one even was talking about it, the issue was leaders on this team now and why the team isn't playing with heart.

Popps
11-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Why everyone blames Cutler and Shanny for that awful defense last year is funny why not put the blame where it belongs with the defensive players and Slowdick his scheme sucked ass

Oh, sorry... I guess we figured that since Shanahan was GM... chose Slowick, chose the defensive players and said he would retain Slowick... that maybe Shanahan deserved some responsibility for the defense.

Crazy, huh?

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh, sorry... I guess we figured that since Shanahan was GM... chose Slowick, chose the defensive players and said he would retain Slowick... that maybe Shanahan deserved some responsibility for the defense.

Crazy, huh?

You can't talk sense to these dopes. The same guys are perpetually in hysterics since Shanny was fired.

barryr
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Shanahan couldn't find a DC to save his life, much less draft defensive players that developed into anything.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 02:08 PM

This is true. Marshall is trying to do the right thing, but he's way to flamboyant about doing it.

If you've played on a team, you've probably had to deal with a guy like Marshall. A good guy that tries too hard on the sidelines, a young guy that has been anointed as a superstar and doesn't know when to be a quiet leader. Marshall has his heart in the right place, he's trying like crazy to be a good Denver Bronco, but he needs to just shut up sometimes and give a pat on the shoulder instead of trying to be the awesome leader type.