PDA

View Full Version : McDanial talking trash to the Charger LB's before the game?

richpjr
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Living north of San Diego, I caught some of the radio post game show and supposedly McDaniels walked up to the Charger linebackers before the game while they were warming up and told them "We own you."

WTF??? Not very smart, if true.

Gort
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
highly unlikely.

there was a jackhole talking trash at the game, but his name is Philip Rivers.

rbackfactory80
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
People make the comparison to us being the Pats of the AFC west, I think we are more like the Jets of the AFC west. Both started hot, both have head coaches who like to talk, and both are in severe trouble.

Xenos
11-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Josh's enthusiasm because of his youth as a HC could make it possible. Who knows, but really stupid on his part if he actually did that.

ZIG ZAG
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Marty1090

Shaun Phillips called McDaniels a cocky ass and said the onside quick was stupid- and shows his cockiness

GO PHILIPS!

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 06:28 PM
some stupid ( charger) radio host spread that rumor take it for what it's worth.

DenverBrit
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Sure he did. ;)

http://www.railwayshop.com/valhalla/vv48.jpg

Xenos
11-22-2009, 07:27 PM
Apparently he was provoked by the Chargers defense. Even if he was, does he really have to let it get under his skin like that.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/nov/22/mcdaniels-incites-chargers/

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE

Boltjolt
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Apparently he was provoked by the Chargers defense. Even if he was, does he really have to let it get under his skin like that.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/chargers/2009/nov/22/mcdaniels-incites-chargers/

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE

So he admits it......LOL Who cares what they said to him. And maybe they said some thing small, like "we are going after your QB all day", ....who really knows but he tells them we own you? ROFL!

Young and dumb!

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM

-- KEVIN ACEE

coordinate the most prolific offense in NFl history and have multiple SB wins. . . . . . what about you shaun D-bag what have you done?

broncosteven
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM

-- KEVIN ACEE

Considering his fist pumps and victory lap after the NE game I would believe this.

I thought the fist pumps were bush league at the time and still do. I guess it is fine if he wins but it is sad when he puts up a Mangini like 4 game losing streak.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Considering his fist pumps and victory lap after the NE game I would believe this.

I thought the fist pumps were bush league at the time and still do. I guess it is fine if he wins but it is sad when he puts up a Mangini like 4 game losing streak.

Cut the kid some slack rookies do dumb stuff you really can't blame the guy he did beat his mentor.

bolthead123
11-22-2009, 07:38 PM
"McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, 'I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers.'"

Good old fashioned hatred for the other team. I love it. I hope he salvages the season, because things are going to be a lot of fun in the future if both teams stay competitive at the same time.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
who the **** cares anyways.

Xenos
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
coordinate the most prolific offense in NFl history and have multiple SB wins. . . . . . what about you shaun D-bag what have you done?
He doesn't have any Super Bowl wins as a offensive coordinator though. Norv is the one that does. Right now, Josh is experiencing the downside of being a first year HC. He doesn't have the experience to control his emotions like his mentor Belichick.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM

yea fist pumping and getting the crowd into it after a big win is bush league, elway never did things like that

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Sure he did. ;)

http://www.railwayshop.com/valhalla/vv48.jpg

DOH! idiot

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2650619&postcount=8

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Josh needs to pay more attention to his OWN TEAM before having rabbit ears for other teams---all he needs to do is realize that with LARGELY the same players as last year (minus the QB that he didn't want) we are averaging LESS than the DETROIT LIONS WHO START A ROOKIE QB--and after today--it's even worse---GOOD JOB! What a talentless HACK of a coach..........

Boltjolt
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Many Bellicheat assistants have went on to be HC's and have have failed (Crennell, Weiss, Mangini)

Jury is still out on McDaniels and he hasnt won anything as New Englands OC. Even Norv has done that.

theAPAOps5
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep if true not a smart move. Especially with the way his team is playing which is on him.

Another mistake made is starting Simms only to pull him after 2 series. If Orton is good enough to play the game then start him but you had to know that Simms was going to be inept.

I love what McD brought the first 6 games but it looks as if he has not been able to adjust to the rest of league adjusting to him.

broncosteven
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
yea fist pumping and getting the crowd into it after a big win is bush league, elway never did things like that

Name an HC that pulls this crap.

Players sure, but most HC's lead by example.

oubronco
Why give the Dolts something to get pumped for this game RIGHT before it starts? Not very smart at all

Bronx33
Josh needs to pay more attention to his OWN TEAM before having rabbit ears for other teams---all he needs to do is realize that with LARGELY the same players as last year (minus the QB that he didn't want) we are averaging LESS than the DETROIT LIONS WHO START A ROOKIE QB--and after today--it's even worse---GOOD JOB! What a talentless HACK of a coach..........

LOL you don't even know if the stories true and your mouth still opens and shuts.

theAPAOps5
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Also its funny that all of a sudden Chargers fans show up after their team wins. However, they were nowhere to be seen the first time the team played. But what do you expect from Chargers fans. Most will be Oakland fans again if they ever can turn it around.

pink_feet
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Well thats embarrassing.

Nothing like giving the other team some motivation.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Name an HC that pulls this crap.

Players sure, but most HC's lead by example.

We all know you hate MCD steve but can we wait a few years before you condemn the guy young people make mistakes ok.

Boltjolt
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Yep if true not a smart move. Especially with the way his team is playing which is on him.

Another mistake made is starting Simms only to pull him after 2 series. If Orton is good enough to play the game then start him but you had to know that Simms was going to be inept.

I love what McD brought the first 6 games but it looks as if he has not been able to adjust to the rest of league adjusting to him.

Is that really a good move? To play a QB who has a very badly sprained ankle? Think he can play in 4 days now? I dont know.......i can see why he might want to play him but then he left him in when the game was out of hand.

McDman
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM

Oh no, he fist pumped after a huge win!!!!

What a moronic logic, he shows emotion, so it's bush league.

Haters find any littler thing to nit pick about.

chadta
11-22-2009, 07:56 PM

have we sunk this low ?

our only claim to fame is that our coach used to be an assistant coach on the patriots, oy vey

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
LOL you don't even know if the stories true and your mouth still opens and shuts.

DOH!

Next.....

Boltjolt
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Also its funny that all of a sudden Chargers fans show up after their team wins. However, they were nowhere to be seen the first time the team played. But what do you expect from Chargers fans. Most will be Oakland fans again if they ever can turn it around.

I was here and i guess you dont get how we Charger fans feel about Oakland. We HATE them!! You are not a Charger fan and a Raider fan. It just dont work.

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM

:rofl:

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM

DOH!

Next.....

read the post nitwit....

bpc
11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Isn't this the same stupid crap that people chastise Cutler for?

Grow up McDaniels.

Captain 'Dre
11-22-2009, 08:07 PM
highly unlikely.

there was a jackhole talking trash at the game, but his name is Philip Rivers.

What was he saying? I hadn't heard any reports that he was gum-flapping.

Are yoiu making this up out of frustration? Or was Rivers actually shooting his mouth off?

broncosteven
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM

Can I complain about his lack of Prep since 10/19?

He surprised me coming out well prepared in the 1st 6 games, the dude had his team amped up and ready.

He threw wrinkes in every games game plan and by playing great D, not making mistakes, and some luck won some very close games.

Since the bye this team has looked unprepared, out manned and out matched.

3 of the 4 losses have been blowouts, 7 to 30 vs Balt, 10 - 28 vs Pitt AT HOME, and 32 - 3.

Right now Todd Haley looks like he has turned his team around, cut or traded the cancers and has them getting better as the season wears on.

Sure this team is rebuilding but I would have preferred that the Broncos show some growth as the season wore on, not wear down like we have seen the last couple of years.

I am hoping he turns it around but I am not giving him a slid because he won 6 games games, he has to earn his respect every week. A 4 game slide while talking smack before the game is lame.

Bronx33
Ok people the accusation is from a bolts ( blog) and that came from and idiot bolts radio personality so if you're democrats beleive everything you read or wait for something more crediable.

Captain 'Dre
Why give the Dolts something to get pumped for this game RIGHT before it starts? Not very smart at all

That's what EYE was thinking...

Not a very well thought out move on McD's part.

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
read the post nitwit....

ummmmmm........kinda PROVES MY POINT--that in fact THIS DID HAPPEN.

Bronxfan
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Ok people the accusation is from a bolts ( blog) and that came from and idiot bolts radio personality so if you're democrats beleive everything you read or wait for something more crediable.

what does politics have to do with anything--and hopefully your take on politics is better than your ability to rationally discuss the Broncos

lostknight
11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Insert note here about the Chargers complaining when the Patriots did Merriman's lights out dance. Or when Rivers got caught trash talking Cutler on TV, then spent the next two years trying to rehabilitate his image. Or the fight they picked last time.

San Diego is nothing but a cesspool. We've known that for ages. Their players and fans are toxic.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
what does politics have to do with anything--and hopefully your take on politics is better than your ability to rationally discuss the Broncos

you call crying like a bitch 71 times discussing the broncos :spit:

ZIG ZAG
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
I'll tell you what McDaniels and Co. own.....2nd Place

theAPAOps5
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
I was here and i guess you dont get how we Charger fans feel about Oakland. We HATE them!! You are not a Charger fan and a Raider fan. It just dont work.

That wasn't directed to you or any other Charger fan who has come around regularly. More so to posters like Zig Fag who clearly were MIA until they were assured a win. Amateur fans like that give the Charger die hard fans a bad name. Sadly too many San Diego fans are flip flopper cowards.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
I'll tell you what McDaniels and Co. own.....2nd Place

I can tell you what the chargers don't own. :lombardi:

bombay
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Who cares? **** sandiego. It does suck splitting with those jackasses again.

theAPAOps5
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM

x2

Again I equate San Diego to the pesky little brother in our division. Yes they have had success but they **** the bed to soon and peter out. See we here in Denver have gotten to experience a Super Bowl victory and parade. In fact we have done it twice back-to-back.

San Diego counts their Superbowl win as winning the division. I guess if you set your standards low enough it makes you happy. But even more depressing for Charger fans is that they had the team to win it all 2 out the last 3 years. But their GM has hired ****ty ass coaches!

Broncomutt
11-22-2009, 10:06 PM

I agree. It's not really the type of behavior you see from a HC postgame. Sure get excited after a TD or a big defensive play. But after the game, head for the locker room.

I honestly think that was McDaniels taking a shot at the media and the home fans for bagging on him all off-season. At the time I thought he earned it. Now, not so much.

Maybe he should try to motivate our players instead of the opponents.

McDman
11-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Can I complain about his lack of Prep since 10/19?

He surprised me coming out well prepared in the 1st 6 games, the dude had his team amped up and ready.

He threw wrinkes in every games game plan and by playing great D, not making mistakes, and some luck won some very close games.

Since the bye this team has looked unprepared, out manned and out matched.

3 of the 4 losses have been blowouts, 7 to 30 vs Balt, 10 - 28 vs Pitt AT HOME, and 32 - 3.

Right now Todd Haley looks like he has turned his team around, cut or traded the cancers and has them getting better as the season wears on.

Sure this team is rebuilding but I would have preferred that the Broncos show some growth as the season wore on, not wear down like we have seen the last couple of years.

I am hoping he turns it around but I am not giving him a slid because he won 6 games games, he has to earn his respect every week. A 4 game slide while talking smack before the game is lame.

Complaining about that is valid, but whining about our coach getting excited about a big win is ridiculous.

McD has his flaws, but he shouldn't be chastised for showing emotion after a big win. It's not like he flipped off the other team...

Hogan11
11-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Very disappointing if true, you never give the opposition any extra motivation, ever.

That goes double and triple for an HC.

~Crash~
11-22-2009, 10:54 PM

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true. the ****ing pussy

Xenos
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM

Which is fine that he got emotional with the crowd. That's the beauty of winning though. When you're an emotional coach and you lose, it can have the opposite effect. It's kinda like what's happening with Rex Ryan and his team right now. With time, he'll learn and be more Belichick like...Maybe

Xenos
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Insert note here about the Chargers complaining when the Patriots did Merriman's lights out dance. Or when Rivers got caught trash talking Cutler on TV, then spent the next two years trying to rehabilitate his image. Or the fight they picked last time.

San Diego is nothing but a cesspool. We've known that for ages. Their players and fans are toxic.
Cutler shouldn't have been grabbing his crotch towards the sidelines then if he didn't want to heckled by Shaun Phillips and Matt Wilhelm.

Xenos
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
It's the SD Chargers beat writer with quotes from McDaniels essentially admitting that he did it.

boltaneer
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
McHoodie's stock is falling fast.

WABronco
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
QQ baddies that's all SD seems to do is whine about being dissed.

uplink
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Very disappointing if true, you never give the opposition any extra motivation, ever.

That goes double and triple for an HC.

He knows that, the interviews by the players are always done right IMO and thats part coaching.

It is completely in the chargers character to bring up taunting related topics. IMO that is a major reason they have not had the real success that their talented roster warrants. Every year they barely scrape into the playoffs and then lose. You have Rivers taunting after games. Ever see a true SB winning QB do that? Can you imagine losing to the Colts then having Payton Manning giving mile high salutes over on the sideline? The chargers coaching staff needs to reign this in for their own good, but good for the rest of the league if it continues.

richpjr
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
He knows that, the interviews by the players are always done right IMO and thats part coaching.

It is completely in the chargers character to bring up taunting related topics. IMO that is a major reason they have not had the real success that their talented roster warrants. Every year they barely scrape into the playoffs and then lose. You have Rivers taunting after games. Ever see a true SB winning QB do that? Can you imagine losing to the Colts then having Payton Manning giving mile high salutes over on the sideline? The chargers coaching staff needs to reign this in for their own good, but good for the rest of the league if it continues.

While I think it would be stupid for a coach to get into it with other players, these teams do not like each other and jaw back and forth all the team and have for years. I was at the game in San Diego and Scheffler was running his mouth big time after the first game. It's just how the "modern" player is these days. It does make the games a little more interesting too!

barryr
11-23-2009, 06:33 AM
The Chargers are known for talking trash and accomplishing the least.

400HZ
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2e1g4df.jpg

BlaK-Argentina
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
I find it funny (and sad) that the Chargers are thumping their chests at being one game up in the division, like they won the superbowl or something. I don't remember the Broncos talking like that at all when we were 3+ games up. I guess the difference between the Broncos and the Chargers is that we're not happy unless we're competing for a SB and for them, winning the division is considered a great success or something. It's easy to root against that team. I actually don't mind the SD fans on this board but those players... what a bunch of crybaby posers.

400HZ
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I find it funny (and sad) that the Chargers are thumping their chests at being one game up in the division, like they won the superbowl or something. I don't remember the Broncos talking like that at all when we were 3+ games up. I guess the difference between the Broncos and the Chargers is that we're not happy unless we're competing for a SB and for them, winning the division is considered a great success or something. It's easy to root against that team. I actually don't mind the SD fans on this board but those players... what a bunch of crybaby posers.

You have a short memory then.

boltaneer
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM

It's a short memory or the guys just ignorant.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Take the division, go into the playoffs and fold once again. We've seen both sides of the story before.

55CrushEm
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM

Wow.....same talent as last year (minus, the QB as you say).....and he is a "talentless hack"?

Since, Shanahan had the better QB (this is up for debate, but I'll give that to you for the point of the argument)....yet, also had a 6-4 record....AND had a system in place......then I guess you'd have to argue that Shanahan was WORSE than a "talentless hack", huh?

55CrushEm
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM

Actually, I DON'T recall any chest thumping by the Broncos after the 6-0 start.....just the standard "Of course we're happy to be 6-0, but we have a lot of work to do, blah, blah, blah...."

And yes, the Chargers are notoriously loud "trash talkers".....which is funny, since they are one of the most underachieving teams of this decade.....being that, on paper, they've had one of the most (if not the most) talented rosters in the NFL, yet year after year fail to win the big one.....

cousinal11
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM

:thanku: