PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels & The Offense Lost Us This Game

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
1) This idea of "trying out" Chris Simms was retarded from the beginning. If Orton was healthy enough to come in midway, just start the guy rather than putting him out there to play from behind.
2) Turnovers were killers. If Simms doesn't fumble, we at minimum get 3 points to open. If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7. We're then in the game, don't need to try the on-side kick, etc.

Although, I didn't mind the onside kick. Sometimes you have to be creative to try and make a play and/or get momentum on your side.

I know the defense is going to get railed on, and they're not without blame, as they need work. But if the offense can put up some points, this is a very different game.

go_broncos
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Mcd is failure.he will be gone in couple of seasons

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:48 PM
1) This idea of "trying out" Chris Simms was retarded from the beginning. If Orton was healthy enough to come in midway, just start the guy rather than putting him out there to play from behind.
2) Turnovers were killers. If Simms doesn't fumble, we at minimum get 3 points to open. If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7. We're then in the game, don't need to try the on-side kick, etc.

Although, I didn't mind the onside kick. Sometimes you have to be creative to try and make a play and/or get momentum on your side.

I know the defense is going to get railed on, and they're not without blame, as they need work. But if the offense can put up some points, this is a very different game.

I completely agree with #1. Why was Simms starting the game if Orton was healthy enough to come in during a blowout? Makes zero sense, and I am sure McDaniels will be getting torn up for it this week.

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
McD will be solid. I was questionable about him early on, but I think he has football smarts up the wazoo. He isn't timid, that's a good thing. He'll learn. I am not worried about our coach. A few dumb decisions, but he'll learn from them.

broncolife
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM
I completely agree with #1. Why was Simms starting the game if Orton was healthy enough to come in during a blowout? Makes zero sense, and I am sure McDaniels will be getting torn up for it this week.

Not only that, but we also keep Orton in the game when there is no chance to win.

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I didn't mind the onside kick either. It was an unfortunate situation for the Broncos to be in to consider an onside kick at that point in the game.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
I will say the onside kick sucked all the momentum away ( that we gained) and the simms experiment but iam sure MCD won't make that rookie mistake again ( live and learn i guess) there will be a alot more game like this in the future MCDs gotta learn sometime just like all the other rookies.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure what McDaniels could have done to make Moreno hold onto the ball or to make Simms grow a brain and get rid of it when he's got 10 seconds in the pocket.

Should Simms never have played? Maybe. But, again... we all saw Simms play in the preseason. He wasn't THIS bad. McD probably had some reason to think we could install a game plan to keep us in the game.

We lost a game short-handed, folks. It's not a surprise. The Chargers are hot, and a good team. We're banged up, and reeling.

The season isn't over.

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Yea.. exactly. He think he is magically better than learned coaches and teams.. ah, the optimism of youth. He'll get over it, I think he'll be a very good coach in this league. I don't care what anyone says though, it was a very stupid decision to go for the onside.

Also, I am still not sold on Orton.. I hope we replace him some day in the next couple of years.

Kid A
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I will say the onside kick sucked all the momentum away ( that we gained) and the simms experiment but iam sure MCD won't make that rookie mistake again ( live and learn i guess) there will be a alot more game like this in the future MCDs gotta learn sometime just like all the other rookies.

Honestly, I thought any momentum we might have been gaining died when we settled for the FG. It did almost nothing to actually get us back in the game. Going for the onside might have been an attempt to get some real life back into the game.

That said, if you're going to take a gamble to try and get back into it, I'd rather have gone for the TD on 4th than tried the onside.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
yea FIRE MCD FIRE MCD, watch these same people jump on his nut sack after he has some time to get quality players to fill in the huge holes shanny left on this team

Mcd is a great coach, its the 1st year people, new O new D relax

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure what McDaniels could have done to make Moreno hold onto the ball or to make Simms grow a brain and get rid of it when he's got 10 seconds in the pocket.

Should Simms never have played? Maybe. But, again... we all saw Simms play in the preseason. He wasn't THIS bad. McD probably had some reason to think we could install a game plan to keep us in the game.

We lost a game short-handed, folks. It's not a surprise. The Chargers are hot, and a good team. We're banged up, and reeling.

The season isn't over.

again- Orton played significant time today. Why didn't he start if he was able to come into a blowout and stay in the game? Indefensible to say the least.

Jekyll15Hyde
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
If Moreno doesn't fumble, chances are we punch it in for 7.

It was a TD. How the F they cant get that right with a replay in beyond me. You can clearly see his head is breaking the plane. But you cant see the ball. Then the other angle where you can see the ball shows the ball comes out as he reaches the ball past his head...... Simple as that

Jekyll15Hyde
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
again- Orton played significant time today. Why didn't he start if he was able to come into a blowout and stay in the game? Indefensible to say the least.

amen.... Simms was demoralizing from the start

lostknight
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Neither Simms nor Orton got the job done. The constant between both of them? McD calling offense.

Fix the root problem. Then worry about the QB problem.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
yea FIRE MCD FIRE MCD, watch these same people jump on his nut sack after he has some time to get quality players to fill in the huge holes shanny left on this team

Three years from now, we're deep in the playoffs and all these people will be posting, "I always loved McD and always knew he'd be a great coach."

Merlin
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Not to mention the HUGE hole McD created. He has managed to turn one of best offenses in yds (2nd in the league) and one of the better scoring teams in the league (around 10th when counting only points scored by the offense, and this despite being near last in the league in field starting position). These were young guys that needed to be guided (especially Cutler) to achieve their full potential, and he appeared to have the credentials to do so. But instead every player in the offense, which is his area is underperforming, and guys like Hillis, who did very well last yr are now too incompetent to dress for most games. And people are happy to pile on Hillis for being dumb, but the fact remains the coaches found ways to make him excel last yr, and this offensive genius cannot even figure out how to use him enough to dress him. The offense problems are McD created. All the damage was self-inflicted and had nothing to do with Shanny. On the contrary, Shanny left an excellent group of kids from which to build. Instead the D seems to have been dramatically improved (the area Shanny did screw up), and the O has been virtually destroyed, despite the latter's potential to be near the top of the league in every category when he first arrived.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Honestly, I thought any momentum we might have been gaining died when we settled for the FG. It did almost nothing to actually get us back in the game. Going for the onside might have been an attempt to get some real life back into the game.

That said, if you're going to take a gamble to try and get back into it, I'd rather have gone for the TD on 4th than tried the onside.

What iam pointing too is the defense was starting to do well and would have probably gotten the ball back but ended up defending a short field because of the failed onside kick i just think it took the wind out of the D prematurely.

Merlin
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Mcd has the potential to be a great coach, its the 1st year people, new O new D relax
Fixed it for ya.

PS the problem is not the D.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM
Neither Simms nor Orton got the job done. The constant between both of them? McD calling offense.

Fix the root problem. Then worry about the QB problem.

McDaniels knows how to call an offense, just maybe his ability to recognize talent @ the QB position is a bit lacking.

Run game needs to get going stat.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Not to mention the HUGE hole McD created. He has managed to turn one of best offenses in yds (2nd in the league) and one of the better scoring teams in the league (around 10th when counting only points scored by the offense, and this despite being near last in the league in field starting position). These were young guys that needed to be guided (especially Cutler) to achieve their full potential, and he appeared to have the credentials to do so. But instead every player in the offense, which is his area is underperforming, and guys like Hillis, who did very well last yr are now too incompetent to dress for most games. And people are happy to pile on Hillis for being dumb, but the fact remains the coaches found ways to make him excel last yr, and this offensive genius cannot even figure out how to use him enough to dress him. The offense problems are McD created. All the damage was self-inflicted and had nothing to do with Shanny. On the contrary, Shanny left an excellent group of kids from which to build. Instead the D seems to have been dramatically improved (the area Shanny did screw up), and the O has been virtually destroyed, despite the latter's potential to be near the top of the league in every category when he first arrived.

I agree with everything you just wrote.

I have a little bit more confidence that McDaniels will turn it around in the next few years though, given a decent QB to work with.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 05:20 PM
McDaniels knows how to call an offense, just maybe his ability to recognize talent @ the QB position is a bit lacking.

Run game needs to get going stat.

Or maybe MCD got the best guy available with cutler wanting out of denver ( was there another deal out there?) just maybe orton isn't the long term QB ( did that ever cross your mind)

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Or maybe MCD got the best guy available with cutler wanting out of denver ( was there another deal out there?) just maybe orton isn't the long term QB ( did that ever cross your mind)

He wanted Cassel. Cassel ****ing sucks.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 05:27 PM
He wanted Cassel. Cassel ****ing sucks.

He enquired about cassels and pussyboy cutler threw a hissy fit like the punkf*** he is.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM

He's 6-4 on a team that a **** ton of people here think has more talent than it really does.

Christ, there are a bunch of retards here. He should be given a medal if this team hits 8 wins.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
This was an offense... No matter what the hell you guys think of our scoring.. We were in scoring position last year on a lot of drives.. Cutler or others gave the ball up a lot in the redzone. So when you pricks talk about middle of the pack in scoring, just REMEMBER how many damn turnovers we had in the redzone last year.

Keeping Orton in the game when we are being blown the hell out was a dumb move. But before that move was the dumb decision to start Simms if you even thought Orton had the chance of playing today if Simms didn't perform.

I believe the defense is regressing. They really didn't stop the charges, they ran the ball to waste clock.. Thats when the defense got them off the damn field before half.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
He enquired about cassels and p***Yboy cutler threw a hissy fit like the punk**** he is.

you are obviously missing the point. McDaniels' ability to judge QB talent is in question if he thinks Matt Cassel is an upgrade over Jay Cutler. Nothing else matters at this point.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
He's 6-4 on a team that a **** ton of people here think has more talent than it really does.

Christ, there are a bunch of retards here. He should be given a medal if this team hits 8 wins.

we won 8 games with a TERRIBLE defense last year... WTF! What the hell happened to "Middle of the pack defense" and we win more games. Thats what the hell we have now.. So WTF is the next excuse???

rastaman
11-22-2009, 05:35 PM

Was it Cutler wanting out of Denver or was it McD thinking Cutler wasn't the QB he wanted to run his offense.....thus he tried earlier on to be the smartest visionary in the room and trade for Cassel.......but it all blew up in his face? Which is it?

Lets not forget even after the Cassel trade fell thru and once McD realized that Cutler got word of the trade despite McD lying to Cutler that he didn't try and trade Cutler; in they're last meeting McDaniel's came off as if he didn't care that he lied and even told Culter he couldn't guarantee Jay he wouldn't try trading him in the future.

So you see, you can't just say that Culter just wanted out of Denver. Extenuating circumstances helped usher Cutler out of Denver.

Bronx33
you are obviously missing the point. McDaniels' ability to judge QB talent is in question if he thinks Matt Cassel is an upgrade over Jay Cutler. Nothing else matters at this point.

Then why did you bring it up?

gyldenlove

The season isn't over.

Don't give me this short handed BS, we weren't short handed last year when you were busy doling out blame? The Chargers aren't short handed? Does any team have all 22 game 1 starters still healthy?

Fact is we have been surprisingly healthy this year so injuries can not be an excuse, especially since we pay our backup QB better than most teams in the league.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
we won 8 games with a TERRIBLE defense last year... WTF! What the hell happened to "Middle of the pack defense" and we win more games. Thats what the hell we have now.. So WTF is the next excuse???

You actually think that was an 8-8 team last year? Last year's team is a 6 win team this year. They weren't near as good as their record suggested.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
You actually think that was an 8-8 team last year? Last year's team is a 6 win team this year. They weren't near as good as their record suggested.

facts are facts.. We finished 8-8 so yes it was.

Imagine the same offense from last year with this years defense. What do you think our record would be?

Which I might add... That offense was just installed LAST year.. So another year in the same system means less TO's

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM

I know you're responding to the other guy, but for the record I am fine with McD as our coach now and for the future. Personally I'm just saying this Simms/Orton thing today was a bad move. The point of this thread wasn't to start some "Fire McD" movement; just to place blame where (IMO) it goes.

bolthead123
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
http://www.faniq.com/article/Josh-McDaniels-reportedly-taunted-Chargers-linebackers-before-game-1895002

SportinOne
11-22-2009, 06:36 PM

The season isn't over.

No. McDaniels failed in all aspects and so did you.

Gort
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Was it Cutler wanting out of Denver or was it McD thinking Cutler wasn't the QB he wanted to run his offense.....thus he tried earlier on to be the smartest visionary in the room and trade for Cassel.......but it all blew up in his face? Which is it?

Lets not forget even after the Cassel trade fell thru and once McD realized that Cutler got word of the trade despite McD lying to Cutler that he didn't try and trade Cutler; in they're last meeting McDaniel's came off as if he didn't care that he lied and even told Culter he couldn't guarantee Jay he wouldn't try trading him in the future.

So you see, you can't just say that Culter just wanted out of Denver. Extenuating circumstances helped usher Cutler out of Denver.

i wish we could trade you to a chicago bears forum. they could give us their most retarded poster in return and we'd still be better off on the OM.

rastaman traded. addition by subtraction.

Boobs McGee
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I know you're responding to the other guy, but for the record I am fine with McD as our coach now and for the future. Personally I'm just saying this Simms/Orton thing today was a bad move. The point of this thread wasn't to start some "Fire McD" movement; just to place blame where (IMO) it goes.

I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

In fact, I agree this week. I'm with McD for the longhaul, but I think a LOT of the blame falls on his shoulders this week. For the most part, I think he's done a stellar job all year, with a new team, new offense, new defense, players, city, etc etc etc etc....he's a rookie. This was just a glaring example today. Why he made the qb switch (or even started simms in the first place) is puzzling to me.

On the one hand, I can see him starting simms because he DID have reps all week with the first team, and I think McD was feeling things out...but unfortunately he's just a no talent ass clown. Once that realization was reached, he wanted to give our team the best chance to win, hence bringing in a hobbled orton.

On the other hand, I don't understand how he didn't see that simms was THAT BAD after a week of practice (and the rest of the practices this season as well), and gave him the start anyway.

That's why I'm not the coach obviously, but it was his choice and he's under the microscope.

He gets a lion's share of the blame today, in terms of personnel, play calling, and having his team ready....and it was actually the first time he looked like a noob out there to me. BUT, my faith in his ability isn't wavering, and I know he can get this team ready for the rest of the season.

Boobs McGee
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM
and p.s. they just played "night moves" while showing clips of Babyjay being a little bitch. Hilarious. Glad that p.o.s. is not wearing a broncos uni anymore

Rigs11
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this at all.

In fact, I agree this week. I'm with McD for the longhaul, but I think a LOT of the blame falls on his shoulders this week. For the most part, I think he's done a stellar job all year, with a new team, new offense, new defense, players, city, etc etc etc etc....he's a rookie. This was just a glaring example today. Why he made the qb switch (or even started simms in the first place) is puzzling to me.

On the one hand, I can see him starting simms because he DID have reps all week with the first team, and I think McD was feeling things out...but unfortunately he's just a no talent ass clown. Once that realization was reached, he wanted to give our team the best chance to win, hence bringing in a hobbled orton.

On the other hand, I don't understand how he didn't see that simms was THAT BAD after a week of practice (and the rest of the practices this season as well), and gave him the start anyway.

That's why I'm not the coach obviously, but it was his choice and he's under the microscope.

He gets a lion's share of the blame today, in terms of personnel, play calling, and having his team ready....and it was actually the first time he looked like a noob out there to me. BUT, my faith in his ability isn't wavering, and I know he can get this team ready for the rest of the season.

Why do people keep asking this? He started Simms because Orton was hurt and did not practice all week.Jesus people, it's not rocket science.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure what McDaniels could have done to make Moreno hold onto the ball ....

How about not putting in Moreno on third downs or short yardage situations where he has to run through traffic to find the goal line? Moreno has proven unreliable in these situations, and yet the coaches keep feeding him the ball in them. What McDaniels could have done to make Moreno not fumble the ball was keep it out of his hands in tough yardage situations.

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Why do people keep asking this? He started Simms because Orton was hurt and did not practice all week.Jesus people, it's not rocket science.

But Rigs, if Orton was healthy enough to play, why didn't he just play from the start? That's my issue here. Either the guy is in or he's out, IMO. If he's out, that's fine. He's hurt, and it's not beneficial to the team. But if he's not hurt, if he can be put in, then he should have been starting from snap number 1. Lots of QBs and other players in this league have missed the week of practice to rest and played on Sunday. That is not uncommon.

Boobs McGee
11-22-2009, 07:48 PM

So now, if you don't practice all week, you don't start? Come the **** on dude. He could have just as easily STARTED orton over simms.

I'm saying, I don't fully understand the decision. I explained my position in my earlier post.

I'm just wondering why the switch back occurred so quickly, if in fact Orton was hurt. Was it because he gave us our best chance of winning? Then why wasn't he starting in the first place? I understand the BASIS of his decision, but I'd like more info.

You don't have to be a dick about it, it's called a discussion.

EDIT: my bad rhymes, didn't read your post. but yes, I'm basically saying the same thing you are

Lolad
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
But Rigs, if Orton was healthy enough to play, why didn't he just play from the start? That's my issue here. Either the guy is in or he's out, IMO. If he's out, that's fine. He's hurt, and it's not beneficial to the team. But if he's not hurt, if he can be put in, then he should have been starting from snap number 1. Lots of QBs and other players in this league have missed the week of practice to rest and played on Sunday. That is not uncommon.

I think the same thing can be said about last week. Orton was on the sideline bouncing around on that ankle. He doesn't move around in the damn pocket anyway. Leave him in the game and we win.. And I was an athlete I've played on several sprained ankles. You feel some pain but you can soldier the hell on

Rigs11
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM

Because he didn't practice. See the coaches, the genuises that they are, put in a gameplan every week and then practice. If the starting QB is not taking the reps due to an injury he doesn't start. Now I''m sure McD and many posters around here were thinking Simms with a week of practice would play somewhat decent. This did not happen and being a crucial game for us McD put Orton in.

missingnumber7
11-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Fixed it for ya.

PS the problem is not the D.

I disagree...for the last couple weeks everyone has been saying the D is to tired this and the D is to tired that....the first half they had chances to get 3 and outs and didn't and gave up long drives. The D needs to get itself off the field. Bring the Orange Crush mindset back and make the o get some reps to get better, because these long drives aren't gonna do anything but show the age in our secondary and expose even more weaknesses and we go into another week with a young qb who if you give him chances he will exploit you, but if you jump on him early he will panic and you will own him. The D needs to own TOP and force the O's hand in the first half.

And am I the only one that thinks that not everyone on the KO team knew it was an onside?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Drives that always seem to stall in the red zone - no matter what offensive team we field and no matter who the head coach is.

That's what's freaking me out.

WTF? ???

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Don't give me this short handed BS, we weren't short handed last year when you were busy doling out blame? The Chargers aren't short handed? Does any team have all 22 game 1 starters still healthy?

Fact is we have been surprisingly healthy this year so injuries can not be an excuse, especially since we pay our backup QB better than most teams in the league.

Yes. Missing your starting QB is shorthanded.

You're also correct that when we were healthy, we went 6-0. When we began losing players, we got worse.

I do agree that we've apparently overpaid Simms, though. McDaniels tried something and it clearly didn't work. Coaches make errors. That's one of his.

uplink
11-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Where is the McD NE offense? Is this going to be like Billick in Baltimore, an offensive genius who could never field a decent Offense.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 10:50 PM

TY TY TY a voice of reason.

Most of the few good players we actually have here haven't done much this year either.

This team has alot of work ahead and alot of decisions to make.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Where is the McD NE offense? Is this going to be like Billick in Baltimore, an offensive genius who could never field a decent Offense.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Give him a few years geez

Popps
11-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Give him a few years geez

People don't have the patience.

It was fine to sit around with our thumbs up our asses for a decade, winning only one playoff game.

But suddenly, at 6-4... we need to fire our coach, mid-way through his first season.

Get real, people. We won't know what we've got for another year, at least. I think we've seen some extremely encouraging signs... but we'll see.

fontaine
11-23-2009, 02:45 AM
McDaniels really screwed up this game.

From letting Simms sit back and pass against the blitz when we had a backup RT in there. Not putting extra protection on that side.

To bull**** calls in the 2nd half.

And please get a ****ing hold of your players McDaniels. We're committing stupid penalties, time after time and that's something the coaches and players need to figure out together.

Bronco Rob
11-23-2009, 03:30 AM
9 PENALTIES!

For 65 yards....

3 Turnovers?

at home?

Gimme a break....

barryr
11-23-2009, 05:37 AM
I think the momentum was lost after the Moreno fumble. Idiots still believe McDaniels inherited some great team. Look at the other teams with new coaches and rebuilding their teams and their records.

elsid13
11-23-2009, 06:20 AM

You making it sound like there is no talent on this team at all. That not the case. There a lot of teams that would love to have this talent.

- Best LT in the league
- Top 5 RT
- Top 10 RG
- Very solid veteran Center
- Top 10 WR (Marshall) that has the ability to make a play
- Very Very good #2 WR in Royal
- Talented TE corp (best blocking TE in the game, and a TE that can control the center of the field and get vertical)
- Solid running game in the rookie, buckihalter and Hillis
- Very solid LB corp in Williams, Doom and Davis. And promising rookie in Ayers.
- a HOF corner that still command so much respect that team hardly throw his way
- a solid HOF safety that still command respect in the zone coverage and playing the run
- a decent #2 corner in Goodman.

The defense line isn't great but very solid and 3/4 if plays their techinque right good enough. And there is some young depth in LBs and on the oline. The cabinet is far from bare, like you are stating.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 06:48 AM
The momentum left the building as soon as Moreno lost that fumble. That was the moment.

Starting QB comes in and drives us all the way down the field, and then Moreno coughs it up? That was the beginning of the end.

If we'd gotten that onside -- and we almost did -- I believe we're discussing a Bronco win today.

gtown
11-23-2009, 06:55 AM
All this talk about getting rid of McD is nonsense. The fact that we have six wins and a third of the season left is amazing considering how the offseason went and is a testament to McD being a good couch. This is his first year, and it takes a number of years and some key acquisitions and drafts before a coach can realize his strategic vision. It's clear from the last four games and the entire season that there are some missing elements to the Broncos:

- we can't create pressure with our dlineman unless we blitz
- our oline is struggling with the plays and timing (so many false starts and holding penalties)
- Orton is not comfortable with the receivers yet (this will take time)
- Moreno needs to hit the weightroom (he is soft)
- None of our dline starters were ever starters before which means they have hit a wall
- The secondary is old and while they are good, they will wear down as the season goes along
- We don't have a viable kick or punt returner

colonelbeef
11-23-2009, 07:00 AM

Then why did you bring it up?

Tard, the point is that this team needs a qb, but McDaniels obviously does not have an eye for judging QB talent. Therefore, lets hope that it's not him doing the talent evaluating.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 07:02 AM
[QUOTE=Bronx33;2650489]

Tard, the point is that this team needs a qb, but McDaniels obviously does not have an eye for judging QB talent. Therefore, lets hope that it's not him doing the talent evaluating.

Doesn't have an eye for it? Kyle Orton led your team to 6 wins when we weren't supposed to win 4 all year.

Tard?

gtown
11-23-2009, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Bronx33;2650489]

Jay Cutler has a whopping 4 wins (two of which came on lucky breaks the Bears way late in games), and a game killing (and potentially coach killing) 18 interceptions. Orton has been better than Cutler. That's a pretty simple equation.

fontaine
11-23-2009, 07:27 AM
I think the momentum was lost after the Moreno fumble. Idiots still believe McDaniels inherited some great team. Look at the other teams with new coaches and rebuilding their teams and their records.

No, that was a back breaker but putting in Simms with a 5 man OL when SD was blitzing from the right side in the first half was beyond stupid.

You've got a nervous QB that is prone to turning the ball over when under pressure and you don't go max protect but decide to air it out in the red zone when our running game was doing so well?

That was beyond stupid. You put your players in the best position to win. And putting Simms up to pass the ball when SD is ready to blitz the right side against a backup RT is asking for an a$$ kicking.

You load up on max protect and beat the crap out of their smaller safeties then ask Simms to sit back take his time or throw it away.

What a ****ing stupid formation and McDaniels kept calling it and SD kept bringing in the blitz and destroyed our useless QB.

It isn't the first time it's happened either. In ALL our losses McD just abandons the run game even when it's still a close game. It's freakin' stupid to keep calling ineffective run plays with man blocking when our biggest rushing plays have come off of zone blocking and then go away from the run game and air the ball out.

It's as if this retard is still stuck in NE in his mind and expects the QB to play like Brady.

McDaniels will get better but the last few games has been a real education for him and he needs to learn from it.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 08:00 AM

The team is 6-4, dork.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 08:14 AM

The season isn't over.

Is Too!! You just wait and see. It will be like - BLAM! - like you won't know what hit you. Homer Blindy. You just wait and see, Homer Blindy. You'll need like binoculars to see 8-8. Like, a telescope for your blindy homer ass. Like, the Hubble telescope. Like a whole different UNIVERSE of losing will be revealed to you. :thanku:

I gotta have fun with the sniveler-brigade, the team is 6-4 and they can't stop shivering in fear.

jhns
11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
This offense has been bad all season. We need a QB and a run game. I don't know if McDaniels needs to change his approach to the run game or if we need a new o-line to make it work. Either way, it is a problem. If the defense doesn't turn back into what they were doing at the beginning of the season, we won't win much more.

WolfpackGuy
11-23-2009, 08:41 AM
If we'd gotten that onside -- and we almost did -- I believe we're discussing a Bronco win today.

Prater seemed to be the only one who knew about the onside kick call.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-23-2009, 08:42 AM
If the defense doesn't turn back into what they were doing at the beginning of the season, we won't win much more.

Don't expect them to, there's a reason that most of these guys weren't starters in the league prior to this season. They played well the first 6 games, but the lack of depth and overall talent in the Front 7 will continue to be exposed the rest of the season.

gtown
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Don't expect them to, there's a reason that most of these guys weren't starters in the league prior to this season. They played well the first 6 games, but the lack of depth and overall talent in the Front 7 will continue to be exposed the rest of the season.

Exactly right. You can make chicken salad with chicken ****, but if you leave the salad out too long it turns right back into ****.

We need a talent infusion on the dline. Take a long look at Terrance Cody or Ty Warren. Look at some great OLB/DE tweeners in the draft like Jerry Hughes, trade DJ, add more beef to the Oline. Build from the lines out and draft another QB project to learn from McD.

fontaine
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, I was hoping towards the 2nd half of the season we could get a defensive surge from the younger players like Ayers, Smith, McBath, hell even Moss making some strides and contributing a little.

But like the rest of this team, they've all turned into ass.

TonyR
11-23-2009, 09:05 AM
...for the last couple weeks everyone has been saying the D is to tired this and the D is to tired that....the first half they had chances to get 3 and outs and didn't and gave up long drives. The D needs to get itself off the field.

I agree with you. You cannot pin these losses on the D but at the same time the D isn't blameless. For example, they completely failed after the onside kick. Needed a stop there and didn't get it.

Pick Six
11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't care what the refs saw. That was a touchdown. If they waited a couple of seconds to do it within the two minute warning, the booth would have reviewed it. The people upstairs would have called it a touchdown. The refs just hate to admit they are wrong...

~Crash~
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM
McD has yet to win any games IMO . Nolan won the first 6

RhymesayersDU
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Your opinion is stupid.

~Crash~
11-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Part of the problem with this team is this coach started stirring the pot after the bye week simple as that .

~Crash~
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Your opinion is stupid.

yep what a come back . Nice take .

McD was suppose to come in and fix the Red Zone problems all the changes he has made to the team has it worse . Our O-line one of the best in the NFL is now the shell of what it was last year . now we got people talking of replacing half of the O-side of the ball . My god people want to draft WR's Rich.............:wiggle:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
McD has yet to win any games IMO . Nolan won the first 6

You throw this garbage out there and then call someone else's take stupid?

Are you kidding?