PDA

View Full Version : Some things we learned after week 11...

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
1. The Broncos quit on the field and generally acted disinterested.

2. Our offense was much better last year.

3. We'll be lucky to win 2 or 3 more games this year playing like this.

4. We just lost the AFC West, and probably also a potential playoff seed. Pitt and Baltimore hold the tie-breakers in the H2H category and most likely will finish with the 5th and 6th seeds.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
your summary is exceedingly depressing. I think I am going to leave the internet now

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:15 PM
your summary is exceedingly depressing. I think I am going to leave the internet now

I know. It sucks.

Phillip Rivers was just Mile High saluting his charger teammates on the sideline.

I hate the chargers.

Greatspirits
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I agree, we'll be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the season, even the Queefs are showing more life than us!

orinjkrush
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
our team is not stupid. they know its on the edge.

we win 1 or 2 more.

that is all.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I learned that some people only show up when we lose.

Gort
11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
A) the Chargers had only 1 assessed penalty all game. the Broncos had 9. so Sandy Eggo got an assist from the refs.
B) Simms had a higher QB rating for the game than Orton. not good.
C) -3 turnover differential.
D) once again, TOP went roughly 38 minutes vs 22 minutes in favor of Sandy Eggo.

the Broncos are done. stick a fork in them.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
I figured you'd be elated, Chris. No surprise you're starting threads to gloat.

Lame thread, lame antics and most of all... lame analysis.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM

Yep.

You're going to get a lot of BPC, Blueflame and SoCal this week. Buckle in.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I was very disappointed by that onside kick. The execution looked terrible, and the timing of it just seemed wierd to me. Giving up field position at that time seems like a poor idea. Of course, I would be celebrating if it worked - but that's pretty well moot - it didn't work. Instead, it put the Chargers in scoring range and pretty well took our entire team's head out of the game.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I figured you'd be elated, Chris. No surprise you're starting threads to gloat.

Lame thread, lame antics and most of all... lame analysis.

I'm definitely not elated. Can you dispute anything stated above? It's all fact.

The sad part is we get bashed at home against our main rival, only to land a short week against NYG and their explosive offense (loss), go play at KC (loss), and head to Indy where Manning is going to eat us up.

Sometimes the truth hurts. This season started well but we're pretty much finished. First team i've ever seen win 6 straight to start the season and then lose their next 7.

The sad part is, I think Shanahan led Broncos team wins this division in 09' and sweeps the AFC West.

Nothing to do about that now. Hopefully Chicago can keep losing and we'll get a higher draft pick. We have tons of needs.

yhova
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I learned that the Raiders and the Chiefs both have more heart then the Broncos do.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Also, Tatum Moreno is costing us games.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
I was very disappointed by that onside kick. The execution looked terrible, and the timing of it just seemed wierd to me. Giving up field position at that time seems like a poor idea. Of course, I would be celebrating if it worked - but that's pretty well moot - it didn't work. Instead, it put the Chargers in scoring range and pretty well took our entire team's head out of the game.

I'm disappointed by just about everything on offense. We have two great playmakers in Royal and Marshall, at least last year, and we can't get them the ball.

We got rid of Shanahan and Cutler because we wanted to convert red zone appearances into points... that clearly is not happening.

This team is basically done. Hopefully we can upgrade in the offseason and through the draft.

houghtam
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM

Rep.

houghtam
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
The sad part is, I think Shanahan led Broncos team wins this division in 09' and sweeps the AFC West.

Shows what you know. Shanahan led Broncos team would have gone into this game with 2 or 3 wins.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:26 PM
This team is basically done. Hopefully we can upgrade in the offseason and through the draft.

Take the rest of the season off, Chris. You couldn't to that, though. You need to gloat over the team's struggles.

By the way, what does "done" mean?

Our Superbowl run is over?

Did you think we were winning the SB this year, Chris?

You're saying there aren't scenarios where this team could end the season with positives?

Wow, you're a rare breed of fan. Guess you only want the team to win on your terms, huh?

McDman
11-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm definitely not elated. Can you dispute anything stated above? It's all fact.

The sad part is we get bashed at home against our main rival, only to land a short week against NYG and their explosive offense (loss), go play at KC (loss), and head to Indy where Manning is going to eat us up.

Sometimes the truth hurts. This season started well but we're pretty much finished. First team i've ever seen win 6 straight to start the season and then lose their next 7.

Nothing to do about that now. Hopefully Chicago can keep losing and we'll get a higher draft pick. We have tons of needs.

You seemed pretty excited in the chat room before I put you in ignore...

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I know. It sucks.

Phillip Rivers was just Mile High saluting his charger teammates on the sideline.

I hate the chargers.

Yea, I didn't see you posting much after we whipped their asses when both teams were playing with their starting QBs.

Odd that you're so vocal today.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Take the rest of the season off, Chris. You couldn't to that, though. You need to gloat over the team's struggles.

You're saying there aren't scenarios where this team could end the season with positives?

Wow, you're a rare breed of fan. Guess you only want the team to win on your terms, huh?

says the king of gloating 6 weeks in, laughable.

bpc

Well we've had four straight losses. Not many wins to show up for as of right now.

Denver724
I agree, we'll be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the season, even the Queefs are showing more life than us!

We are playing the worst ball in the AFC West if not the league. I watched some bad teams today (Browns, Lions, Rams) and they had more game than us. Granted the turnovers early killed us, but we just are not that good. I can see us going winless. Raiders and Chiefs are playing much better right now.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:30 PM

Oh, sorry man... I thought this was a Broncos fan board.

I thought gloating after wins was what you DID here.

My bad, you and BPC continue your smear-campaign against our winning team.

This is your day. You guys enjoy yourselves.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM

Hilarious! Obviously, you missed the last three games last year. You have nothing to base this assertion on other than your smug self-satisfaction that the Broncos are now losing, which is all you've wanted them to do since they gave Cutler the trade he forced and rightfully fired Shanahan for ten years of futility. Enjoy.

Denver724
11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
We are playing the worst ball in the AFC West if not the league. I watched some bad teams today (Browns, Lions, Rams) and they had more game than us. Granted the turnovers early killed us, but we just are not that good. I can see us going winless. Raiders and Chiefs are playing much better right now.

Oh, and by the way, it would be nice to look forward to a top 10 pick (or two top 10 picks) next year, but we have Alphonso Smith instead. Fantastic move by McD. We need much more talent on D. The old bastards are not the answer.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 04:32 PM

It's one thing to gloat when you're winning, it's a whole other thing to gloat when you're losing.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
Yea, I didn't see you posting much after we whipped their asses when both teams were playing with their starting QBs.

Odd that you're so vocal today.

Actually I posted a bunch that week. Too lazy to go dig em up though.

I know you want to villainize me because i'm pro Shanahan but the facts are what they are. Don't be mad at me because McD is failing lately. His job was to have Chris Simms ready to play in his QB friendly system and he completely crapped the pot with the opportunity.

Popps
It's one thing to gloat when you're winning, it's a whole other thing to gloat when you're losing.

Exactly.

bpc

Who's gloating?

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM

The Knowshon fumble at the goal line pretty much turned the game for the team. Orton had the team down the field in four quick plays. That fumble placed the team in a difficult situation which eventually led the team to consider an onside kick.

rastaman
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Don't worry, McD has a long memory......Tatum Moreno will start next season in McD's Dog House. I hope he can dig his way out b/c Hillis sure wasn't able to.

Play2win
11-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I guess its just unheard of to actually root for the success of YOUR team...

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Don't be mad at me because McD is failing lately. His job was to have Chris Simms ready to play in his QB friendly system and he completely crapped the pot with the opportunity.

Chris, I've got no problem with McDaniels taking heat for Simms' performance, and even for having Simms playing today. But, I have to believe that Simms must have shown more than this in practice or he never would have seen the field. He was much better than this in preseason. For whatever reason, he absolutely lost it when he got in a real game.

So, we lost two tough games... then lost a game we had won when our QB went down, and then lost a game without our starting QB and missing Dawkins much of the game.

We'll see how things play out. I think if we get healthy, the fans will be proud of this team. But, maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fall short... and you can spend the whole offseason pining after Shanahan and Cutler.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I guess its just unheard of to actually root for the success of YOUR team...

Yea, how dare you "gloat" after a win.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Knowshon Moreno is an excellent runner who improves every week. That fumble was nothing more than a bad break. His own lineman's knee knocked the ball out of his hands. Try to remember that he's a rookie.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Hopefully, Josh keeps to his record of rewarding player performance and cuts Simms tomorrow morning.

TheChamp24
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
What I learned?
This is the same team from 2006 that started out hot with an incredible defensive performance and lackluster offense before finally sizzling out late in the year to finish 9-7 when we were once 7-2.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Chris, I've got no problem with McDaniels taking heat for Simms' performance, and even for having Simms playing today. But, I have to believe that Simms must have shown more than this in practice or he never would have seen the field. He was much better than this in preseason. For whatever reason, he absolutely lost it when he got in a real game.

So, we lost two tough games... then lost a game we had won when our QB went down, and then lost a game without our starting QB and missing Dawkins much of the game.

We'll see how things play out. I think if we get healthy, the fans will be proud of this team. But, maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fall short... and you can spend the whole offseason pining after Shanahan and Cutler.

Instead of getting just crushed on defense, now we're getting our ass kicked in all phases of the game. Pretty pathetic effort the past two weeks, and pretty much four overall by the whole team.

Unfortunately this deal has 6-7 written all over it over the next two and a half weeks.

The MVPlaya
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM

On the dot. Some people only know how to lose therefore this is when they show up.

I guarantee you the people that only show up when we lose aren't likely to be people that actually matter in the end.

Play2win
Yea, how dare you "gloat" after a win.

"Gloating for a WIN"

could be a new motto. ;D

colonelbeef

I did not get too high on the win streak, and I will not get too low on the losing streak. There were a few lucky bounces on the way up, and a few unlucky ones on the way down, particularly the Orton injury, which came at the worst time possible- although you could argue that he is injury prone due to his immobility and penchant for taking hits, and it was bound to happen.

Facts remain facts, however. There are positives and negatives with this team, It just took a while for the negative aspects some of us recognized early on to be borne out.

6-4 is definitely better than I thought they would be 10 games in. The defense is better, just a bit banged up and in need of some help from the offense in the form of TOP. Dawkins played out of his mind, but a 35 year old safety used to dealing out big hits is going to get injured. Moreno has shown flashes, just needs to get his hands under control. Marshall has kept his mouth shut. The bears are not performing to expectation, and the draft pick continues to get higher.

I truly hope that they use the pick on a QB next year.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
7-9 8-8 do i think that will be our record this year NO

that was our record the past two seasons

people need to man up and support this dam team, its like many of you want a loss just so you can say how bad we are.

a shanahan led team sweeping the AFC west that has to be the dumbest thing ive read on this board in a while

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
tatum moreno huh? dam him for trying to make a play for a TD and HIS OWN LINEMAN punching it out. . . . . yea tatunm moreno you suck

8 ypc on like 11 carries yea tatum moreno you suck

some people have their head so far up their ass they can taste what they had for breakfast

McDman
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM

You realize Slowik is still our DC if Shanny is here, right? How exactly do we make it to the playoffs with another defense ranked in the thirties?

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Simple, it would have gotten better. Not only that but SD has fallen back to the pack. Their rush game is not what it was. Their rushing defense is horrible. We would have easily controlled these games with a Shanahan led rushing attack.

No reason to talk about that though, it's water under the bridge and here we are.

How do we get back to the playoffs and what moves does this team need to make to go from here?

Undoubtably QB is going to be the hugest issue going into the offseason. The OL needs to be broken apart on the interior and reworked to get guys that fit this system. The DL was a nice first half unit but are fading fast. We'll need to inject talent there and more playmakers at LB. Youth is needed at DB too.

QB is still the #1 thing we need to improve with this roster though.

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Simple, it would have gotten better.

Hilarious!

Honestly, dude. You need help.

GeniusatWork
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM

4. We just lost the AFC West, and probably also a potential playoff seed. Pitt and Baltimore hold the tie-breakers in the H2H category and most likely will finish with the 5th and 6th seeds.

We already knew you are a piece of ****. Actually you are a heaping big pile of ****. Now after week 11 you just keep confirming that you are a heaping big pile of ****.

Bronx33
Simple, it would have gotten better. Not only that but SD has fallen back to the pack. Their rush game is not what it was. Their rushing defense is horrible. We would have easily controlled these games with a Shanahan led rushing attack.

No reason to talk about that though, it's water under the bridge and here we are.

How do we get back to the playoffs and what moves does this team need to make to go from here?

Undoubtably QB is going to be the hugest issue going into the offseason. The OL needs to be broken apart on the interior and reworked to get guys that fit this system. The DL was a nice first half unit but are fading fast. We'll need to inject talent there and more playmakers at LB. Youth is needed at DB too.

QB is still the #1 thing we need to improve with this roster though.

Sadly the chuggers have a cake shedules the rest of the season they can do very well if norv doesn't **** it up.

Popps
tatum moreno huh? dam him for trying to make a play for a TD and HIS OWN LINEMAN punching it out. . . . . yea tatunm moreno you suck

8 ypc on like 11 carries yea tatum moreno you suck

some people have their head so far up their ass they can taste what they had for breakfast

Taco has taken an early stand against Moreno, for whatever reason. (Likely because he was an McD pick.) You'll notice people like Rasta working the same angle.

Moreno stretched over the goal-line and hit a ****ing linemen's knee.

His last fumble was because Ed Reed destroyed him.

He's leading rookies in rushing, has a nice YPC average and shows great promise and upside.

I thought Moreno was a bright-spot today.

Beyond that... I believe a better camera angle would have shown that to be a TD before he even stretched out.

Keep your head up, Knowshon. You still have fans out here.

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I did not get too high on the win streak, and I will not get too low on the losing streak. There were a few lucky bounces on the way up, and a few unlucky ones on the way down, particularly the Orton injury, which came at the worst time possible- although you could argue that he is injury prone due to his immobility and penchant for taking hits, and it was bound to happen.

Facts remain facts, however. There are positives and negatives with this team, It just took a while for the negative aspects some of us recognized early on to be borne out.

6-4 is definitely better than I thought they would be 10 games in. The defense is better, just a bit banged up and in need of some help from the offense in the form of TOP. Dawkins played out of his mind, but a 35 year old safety used to dealing out big hits is going to get injured. Moreno has shown flashes, just needs to get his hands under control. Marshall has kept his mouth shut. The bears are not performing to expectation, and the draft pick continues to get higher.

I truly hope that they use the pick on a QB next year.

We're also suffering from a large drop off at RT, not to mention our weakness at LG was revealed in the Ravens game and is still there with Hochstein, although he's a good run blocker. I think the Broncos still have the same problem they've had for years, no power and weight at the defensive center. Nolan is making do with what he's got, but the lack of the powerful defensive center can only be schemed around to a limited degree. This team has done better than I thought they would, but they have some big gaps, and as the season wears on and the better teams get tighter and more dominant, the gaps in the Broncos lineup get harder to mask. I'm surprised at all the nostalgic BJs Shanahan is getting. He's the one who's responsible for where this D was left. Raise your hands if you only wish Webster, Winborn, Boss, etc. were still here and you think they would be doing a better job. bpc thinks we'd be sweeping the AFC West. Ha!

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
We already knew you are a piece of ****. Actually you are a heaping big pile of ****. Now after week 11 you just keep confirming that you are a heaping big pile of ****.

He's a good guy.

Used to be a good poster, but he's just misguided. He's got an agenda and losses fit his agenda. So, you're going to get a lot of him this week.

The usual suspects will be in full-gloat-mode until Thursday.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Hilarious!

Honestly, dude. You need help.

he is correct, the offense was continuing to progress. Takes time with young star players, doesn't happen overnight. The job they did last year on offense (taking the injuries to RB into account) with a 25 year old QB and rook LT was amazing

Soul-Bronco
We're also suffering from a large drop off at RT, not to mention our weakness at LG was revealed in the Ravens game and is still there with Hochstein, although he's a good run blocker. I think the Broncos still have the same problem they've had for years, no power and weight at the defensive center. Nolan is making do with what he's got, but the lack of the powerful defensive center can only be schemed around to a limited degree. This team has done better than I thought they would, but they have some big gaps, and as the season wears on and the better teams get tighter and more dominant, the gaps in the Broncos lineup get harder to mask. I'm surprised at all the nostalgic BJs Shanahan is getting. He's the one who's responsible for the where this D is at. Raise your hands if you only wish Webster, Winborn, Boss, etc. were still here and you think they would be doing a better job. bpc thinks we'd be sweeping the AFC West. Ha!

yea and winborn celebrating a 1 yard loss while we are getting blown out 50 - 6 after another jay BABY cutler interception

baja
Hopefully, Josh keeps to his record of rewarding player performance and cuts Simms tomorrow morning.

I have been very patient all through this change over but I really think we should cut Simms tomorrow, he is a proven loser and should never under any circumstances play another down for the Broncos.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 05:04 PM
he is correct, the offense was continuing to progress. Takes time with young star players, doesn't happen overnight. The job they did last year on offense (taking the injuries to RB into account) with a 25 year old QB and rook LT was amazing

that is true, but people tend to forget or want to forget the hocholi call that would of lost us that game AND the offsides against new orleans that was never called that would of gave them a 1st down before gramatica miss that field goal

6-10 easily could of happend last year but because of errors by refs it didnt.
you dont think bowlen remebers those games?

Play2win
11-22-2009, 05:07 PM
All I know is I will be Gloating for a WIN on thursday... . :thumbsup:

Steve Prefontaine
11-22-2009, 05:10 PM
that is true, but people tend to forget or want to forget the hocholi call that would of lost us that game AND the offsides against new orleans that was never called that would of gave them a 1st down before gramatica miss that field goal

6-10 easily could of happend last year but because of errors by refs it didnt.
you dont think bowlen remebers those games?

Or Hillis doesn't tear his hamstring and the Broncos beat the Bills to go to the playoffs. **** happens and the record was what it was.

go_broncos
11-22-2009, 05:11 PM
What i learned is that :

1) Mcd is nothing special
2) Broncos is one of the biggest chokers in the history of the sports.
3) Simms sucks

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:13 PM
We're also suffering from a large drop off at RT, not to mention our weakness at LG was revealed in the Ravens game and is still there with Hochstein, although he's a good run blocker. I think the Broncos still have the same problem they've had for years, no power and weight at the defensive center. Nolan is making do with what he's got, but the lack of the powerful defensive center can only be schemed around to a limited degree. This team has done better than I thought they would, but they have some big gaps, and as the season wears on and the better teams get tighter and more dominant, the gaps in the Broncos lineup get harder to mask. I'm surprised at all the nostalgic BJs Shanahan is getting. He's the one who's responsible for where this D was left. Raise your hands if you only wish Webster, Winborn, Boss, etc. were still here and you think they would be doing a better job. bpc thinks we'd be sweeping the AFC West. Ha!

I said this somewhere earlier, and I'll say it again- this team isn't ready to win yet anyway, and one really silvery lining is the fact that Mike Nolan's chances at a quick bounce back to head coaching are all but gone.

Hopefully he is here for the long term, and gets a chance to draft a few d-lineman and get some continuity going.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
We also learned that some folks still don't know how to handle losses and are still expecting elway type seasons and have no idea what it's like to start over and take the good with the bad.

cabronco
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
What i learned is that :

1) Mcd is nothing special
2) Broncos is one of the biggest chokers in the history of the sports.
3) Simms sucks

I agree about Simms, but wow. Maybe you should go root for another team, and move on.

bpc
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM

You have to bring more than 185 posts to the table. Who are you again?

go_broncos
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I agree about Simms, but wow. Maybe you should go root for another team, and move on.

Why should i ?

I am allowed to tell what i think of this team.

How can you score only 3 points against division rival ?

bpc
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
He's a good guy.

Used to be a good poster, but he's just misguided. He's got an agenda and losses fit his agenda. So, you're going to get a lot of him this week.

I'm still a great fan. Can't argue what's on the field though. The defense has been on the field too much over the past 4 games and they're breaking down. The offense is terrible. We have playmakers, nobody who can consistently get them the ball. Special teams is still horrible.

Recipe for disaster at least for this season.

We need to find a future QB.

cabronco
11-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Why should i ?

I am allowed to tell what i think of this team.

How can you score only 3 points against division rival ?

In your post it sounds like you hate the Broncos. Why is your username go broncos ? I dont have any answers to their play right now, but Im not posting they're the worst team ever either.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
You're going to get a lot of BPC, Blueflame and SoCal this week.

To be fair, SoCal has been pretty reasonable the last few weeks.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
I was very disappointed by that onside kick.

Many are focusing on this but I really feel that the goal line fumble was the ball game.

cabronco
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Many are focusing on this but I really feel that the goal line fumble was the ball game.

I agree, I think it took all the positive energy/ momentum away and they never recovered from it.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Shows what you know. Shanahan led Broncos team would have gone into this game with 2 or 3 wins.

@ this point last year with a terrible defense we were still 1st in the AFC West

Popps
11-22-2009, 06:39 PM
The offense is terrible. We have playmakers, nobody who can consistently get them the ball. .

Chris,

PLAY-MAKERS

Let's break down that word.

That implies that the players are good enough to make plays on their own. That means you just get the ball in their hands and they make plays.

Marshall can't get open. He didn't get open all day. He's not getting separation.
Royal had his moments, and is a nice player.

Calvin Johnson is a playmaker. Doesn't matter what POS is throwing him the ball, he makes huge plays. Andre Johnson is a playmaker. Randy Moss is a playmaker.

Marshall and Royal are talented player, and no question... we need more production. But, this isn't all on the QB, man. Marshall has to get himself open.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Taco has taken an early stand against Moreno, for whatever reason. (Likely because he was an McD pick.)

I've been hard on Moreno for one reason, and one reason only: he's been a disappointment. He may pull it together yet, and I'll be happy to see it happen if he does, but so far he looks like a two down back who fumbles in traffic. I'm still looking forward to his first 100 yard game (as I'm sure we all are).

Taco John
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM

I agree that the goal line fumble was a killer... But the team seemed to still be playing hard at that time. It wasn't until the on-side kick that I personally felt the effort started getting lackluster. Maybe you saw it different. It's kind of a subjective thing. But it seemed that the team was playing listless and lost out there after that to me.

baja
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I've been hard on Moreno for one reason, and one reason only: he's been a disappointment. He may pull it together yet, and I'll be happy to see it happen if he does, but so far he looks like a two down back who fumbles in traffic. I'm still looking forward to his first 100 yard game (as I'm sure we all are).

The disappointment is with the O line IMO. It is the one area I have a biitch with McD. You don't fix what isn't broken.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 06:51 PM
The disappointment is with the O line IMO. It is the one area I have a biitch with McD. You don't fix what isn't broken.

ryan harris injured and hamilton is older than dirt

DAM YOU MCPOOPY PANTS!!! dont mess with our oline

baja
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
ryan harris injured and hamilton is older than dirt

DAM YOU MCPOOPY PANTS!!! dont mess with our oline

I'm talking about the zone blocking

houghtam
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
@ this point last year with a terrible defense we were still 1st in the AFC West

If you can say a Shanahan 2009 Broncos team would be better than 6-4 at this point in the season with a straight face, you should start playing professional poker.

Or go into politics.

Play2win
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
I think not having Ryan Harris has absolutely killed us. Isn't he the one common denominator in all our losses?

steeledude
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM

It's okay though if you bash all the teams stars with brilliant message board analysis while claiming you still want the team to win.

SportinOne
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM

If the Denver Broncos aren't trying to win a Super Bowl, why are they playing the games? If I don't want them to win every week, why would I watch?

Shanahan was fired for too many mediocre seasons, and here you are celebrating the idea that we shouldn't expect excellence. I guess you got your wish. Who needs championships when you can have that sniff of "playoff fever" for half a season to keep you interested?

I'm a Bronco fan, but i'm not a ****ing loser. I'm not going to sit on my couch for 3 hours and watch a **** team get clobbered by another **** team in weeks 15-17 en route to a 7-win season.

Why would I do that? So I can monitor closely for one or two good plays that might offer a bit of hope for the next time we have a shot, 10 months from now?

I am not 12 years old anymore, there is no reason to waste any more time on this trash heap of an organization. When they put a product on the field that's worth my time I will give them my attention.

I guess i'm not a "true fan." But I am a fan that gained at least 21 more hours of free time this season.

baja
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
If the Denver Broncos aren't trying to win a Super Bowl, why are they playing the games? If I don't want them to win every week, why would I watch?

Shanahan was fired for too many mediocre seasons, and here you are celebrating the idea that we shouldn't expect excellence. I guess you got your wish. Who needs championships when you can have that sniff of "playoff fever" for half a season to keep you interested?

I'm a Bronco fan, but i'm not a ****ing loser. I'm not going to sit on my couch for 3 hours and watch a **** team get clobbered by another **** team in weeks 15-17 en route to a 7-win season.

Why would I do that? So I can monitor closely for one or two good plays that might offer a bit of hope for the next time we have a shot, 10 months from now?

I am not 12 years old anymore, there is no reason to waste any more time on this trash heap of an organization. When they put a product on the field that's worth my time I will give them my attention.

I guess i'm not a "true fan." But I am a fan that gained at least 21 more hours of free time this season.

I think he is saying have a little patience.

SportinOne
11-22-2009, 07:11 PM
If you can say a Shanahan 2009 Broncos team would be better than 6-4 at this point in the season with a straight face, you should start playing professional poker.

Or go into politics.

Fact: We were in the playoff race going into week 17 last season.

I'd say we were eliminated today, so which would you rather have?

bpc
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Chris,

PLAY-MAKERS

Let's break down that word.

That implies that the players are good enough to make plays on their own. That means you just get the ball in their hands and they make plays.

Marshall can't get open. He didn't get open all day. He's not getting separation.
Royal had his moments, and is a nice player.

Calvin Johnson is a playmaker. Doesn't matter what POS is throwing him the ball, he makes huge plays. Andre Johnson is a playmaker. Randy Moss is a playmaker.

Marshall and Royal are talented player, and no question... we need more production. But, this isn't all on the QB, man. Marshall has to get himself open.

Are you serious? Last year Marshall had 18 catches for 166 yds and a TD against the Chargers. Even in the 2nd game he had 6 catches for 55 yds.

Eddie Royal had 17 catches against SD last season.

What's changed between then and now? A very arrogant Josh McDaniels was named HC and noodle armed Orton was named QB.

Call it what you want but you have to be blind to WHY our playmakers aren't doing anything. The QB's can't get the ball to them. They have weak arms and can't fit the ball into tight places.

QB is the #1 problem with this offense. #2 probably being the head coach. He needs to learn to play to his personnel instead of slamming his iso rushing scheme down the throats of an OL that is obviously better at the ZBS.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
It's okay though, if you bash all the teams stars with brilliant message board analysis while claiming you still want the team to win.

Yeah, I don't get him sometimes. Popps bashes DJ non-stop, despite the fact that going into this week, he's been among the leaders in the NFL in tackles - and IS the leader on this team in tackles. But if anyone has any criticisms of other players, it's because we hate the Broncos or something.

It's kind of weird.

bpc
11-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Yeah, I don't get him sometimes. Popps bashes DJ non-stop, despite the fact that going into this week, he's been among the leaders in the NFL in tackles - and IS the leader on this team in tackles. But if anyone has any criticisms of other players, it's because we hate the Broncos or something.

It's kind of weird.

Popps is treating the Broncos like a political agenda. He is prepared to protect his guys and make them sound much better than they are, like Orton, while throwing Shanahan guys under the bus like Royal, Marshall, Hillis and Williams among others.

houghtam
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Fact: We were in the playoff race going into week 17 last season.

I'd say we were eliminated today, so which would you rather have?

LOL

That's brilliant analysis. You state as fact that we were in the playoff race until the end of the season, while omitting the fact that we had a 3 game division lead...and lost it. Then you follow it up by stating that we've been eliminated with 6 games left to go. Talk out of both sides of your mouth much? Forget the poker championship, and go into politics.

Atwater His Ass
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
QB is by FAR the #1 problem on the entire team.

At least we have something besides DL to pine for in the draft now.

houghtam
11-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Popps is treating the Broncos like a political agenda. He is prepared to protect his guys and make them sound much better than they are, like Orton, while throwing Shanahan guys under the bus like Royal, Marshall, Hillis and Williams among others.

Personally, I don't think it's the personnel at all. I think McDaniels' inexperience is starting to show. Don't get me wrong, I was relieved when they let Shanahan go for his mediocrity, and had been impressed with McD up until the last few weeks. But today was a good example of his inexperience, IMO. He panicked. In the first few weeks of the season, a 10-0 deficit wasn't that big of a deal. Seems like lately though, he's been making the exact opposite of the good decisions he did early in th season.

The MO before was keep the game close, play mistake-free ball, and play great special teams and defense. We would punt on 4th and 1 just inside the 50 and play the field position game. Now, we're going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield in the 3rd quarter. We're kicking onsides like we're down 3 TDs. To be sure, part of that fault goes on the defense for playing some really poor ball the last few weeks, but I think McDaniels needs to go back and look at some tape of the first few weeks and realize it was the gameplan more than anything that won us those games.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree that the goal line fumble was a killer... But the team seemed to still be playing hard at that time. It wasn't until the on-side kick that I personally felt the effort started getting lackluster. Maybe you saw it different. It's kind of a subjective thing. But it seemed that the team was playing listless and lost out there after that to me.

Fair. I realize the D was put in a tough spot but if they respond and hold them to a FG on that possession maybe things turn out better. We really needed the D to step up there, although please don't mistake this as me blaming the D for the loss!

TonyR
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
...Now, we're going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield in the 3rd quarter.

Good post. But I think I was okay with that 4th down attempt because we were down 17 at the time if I have that right.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Personally, I don't think it's the personnel at all. I think McDaniels' inexperience is starting to show. Don't get me wrong, I was relieved when they let Shanahan go for his mediocrity, and had been impressed with McD up until the last few weeks. But today was a good example of his inexperience, IMO. He panicked. In the first few weeks of the season, a 10-0 deficit wasn't that big of a deal. Seems like lately though, he's been making the exact opposite of the good decisions he did early in th season.

The MO before was keep the game close, play mistake-free ball, and play great special teams and defense. We would punt on 4th and 1 just inside the 50 and play the field position game. Now, we're going for it on 4th and 5 at midfield in the 3rd quarter. We're kicking onsides like we're down 3 TDs. To be sure, part of that fault goes on the defense for playing some really poor ball the last few weeks, but I think McDaniels needs to go back and look at some tape of the first few weeks and realize it was the gameplan more than anything that won us those games.

If McDaniels is going to yank Simms in the first half of the game, I'd hope he have the good sense to cut him tomorrow. It's not like he can put Simms back into a game again. You can't pull the plug like that, and then expect the team to rally around the guy if and when you need him down the line.

Simms career is probably over at this point. His confidence must be about destroyed right now.

bpc
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM

I agree with most of this. The tough part for Denver is that the man holding the ball 75 times a game isn't very talented and the margin of error for the offense and unfortunately the defense is very small. McD is showing his inexperience.

Lolad
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM

What I see is a lack of commitment to the running game. In the 1st half of the season we had a lot of short 3rd down conversions. Now that we are passing on 1st down it's starting to hurt us. The 1st drive showed how we could have won this game. Run the damn football, then beat them when they start to cheat in the run game. Which they did start to do, a safety was always in the backfield on our runs. We still have not forced teams to defend the length of the field.

The Patriots had that threat, with Brady and Cassel. Oh and Polumbus had a terrible game, everyone just used a speed rush to blow by him untouched.

baja
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Simms should be cut he will never be any good to Denver after today

oubronco
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
It's okay though if you bash all the teams stars with brilliant message board analysis while claiming you still want the team to win.

ROFL! Hilarious!

Broncoman13
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Simms #3 emergency QB from this point forward... Draft Pike and Spiller to get the offense going. Get free agents to bulk up the D!

bpc
11-22-2009, 08:03 PM

I agree with most of this. The tough part for Denver is that the man holding the ball 75 times a game isn't very talented and the margin of error for the offense and unfortunately the defense is very small. McD is showing his inexperience.

Hamrob
11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh, sorry man... I thought this was a Broncos fan board.

I thought gloating after wins was what you DID here.

My bad, you and BPC continue your smear-campaign against our winning team.

This is your day. You guys enjoy yourselves.So, what are you trying to say Popps? Let's all be happy and satisfied with this crappy product McDaniels is producing? Look, a team starts out 6-0...I don't care who they are...you expect that they at least split the rest of their games. That would mean that they would be 11-5 at worst. They lose 4 games in a row and get embarrassed along the way.

Are you really trying to stick up for McDaniels? This is the cocky son of gun who came in here, traded the franchise QB, got rid of the offensive coordinater who had the #1 rated offense in the NFL (ahead of McDaniels), burried the zone blocking running system and told everyone that he's never lost in his life. Well, guess what...he's losing now...not just losing...but getting blown out. What was the score today?...How about the Ravens game, the Steelers game? Embarrassment.

So, what are you trying to say? We should all be good fans and wave our pom poms like you and hope for the best. Yeah, there's always next year...we'll get'em then. Right?

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
So, what are you trying to say Popps? Let's all be happy and satisfied with this crappy product McDaniels is producing? Look, a team starts out 6-0...I don't care who they are...you expect that they at least split the rest of their games. That would mean that they would be 11-5 at worst. They lose 4 games in a row and get embarrassed along the way.

Are you really trying to stick up for McDaniels? This is the cocky son of gun who came in here, traded the franchise QB, got rid of the offensive coordinater who had the #1 rated offense in the NFL (ahead of McDaniels), burried the zone blocking running system and told everyone that he's never lost in his life. Well, guess what...he's losing now...not just losing...but getting blown out. What was the score today?...How about the Ravens game, the Steelers game? Embarrassment.

So, what are you trying to say? We should all be good fans and wave our pom poms like you and hope for the best. Yeah, there's always next year...we'll get'em then. Right?

how many years have we been saying that with shanahan? with your so called franchise QB?

Mcd has had 10 games, but haters will hate i guess

lol people are still spewing that #1 rated offense crap, the #1 rated offense doesnt get you an 8-8 record

gyldenlove
11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
The remarkable thing is, this is EXACTLY like last year. We started hot, build a big division lead and then suddenly we stop playing.

The defense is suddenly playing timid prevent, the same **** that Slowick did last year to get fired is suddenly being pulled by Nolan.

The special teams couldn't play their way out of a paper bag if given a map and a pair of scissors.

The offense which was supposed to be the strength of the team puts up 3 points at home.

There is no improvement, we get a new coaching staff, new QB, 5 draft picks in the top 2 rounds and there is no improvement. We are still a team that gets blown out by division rivals in playoff type games, we are still a team that falls apart like poorly baked fruit cake when it matters and we are no better than we were before we made all these changes. All of this winning mentality that Mcdaniels was supposed to bring, where is it? because on the field today we showed a decidedly losing mentality.

Soul-Bronco
11-22-2009, 08:40 PM
So, what are you trying to say Popps? Let's all be happy and satisfied with this crappy product McDaniels is producing? Look, a team starts out 6-0...I don't care who they are...you expect that they at least split the rest of their games. That would mean that they would be 11-5 at worst. They lose 4 games in a row and get embarrassed along the way.

Your franchise QB just threw his 18th pick to LOSE the game

GeniusatWork
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
He's a good guy.

She's a piece of ****.

ZONA
11-22-2009, 09:54 PM

I get the whole he's a rookie thing and he will make mistakes, but this is starting to get out of control. He's quickly losing my patients, and probably no doubt McD's as well.

Did you see Marshall jawing at him on the sidelines after he fumbled? I just don't know why this kid has a knack for making big mistakes so frequently. Fumbles, missed blocks on blitz, etc...

At this point, I'm wondering why we don't see some Hillis as RB. He never had any kind of problem fumbling the rock. Just that one on ST earlier this year but as a RB, he's usually solid.

bpc
11-22-2009, 10:10 PM

Popps is trying to do up people who criticize this regime like Obama plans to do with foxnews...

It appears if you bring any type of critical analysis to the table about our team, you are a bad fan, should be banished or revered as a bandwagon fan who gloats about losses.

LMAO.

bpc
11-22-2009, 10:11 PM
She's a piece of ****.

That was witty. Post count up to 186. Keep bringing that thought provoking discussion.

BigPlayShay
11-22-2009, 10:23 PM
I learned and re-learned a few things:

1. This is a new offensive system
2. This is a new defensive system
3. This is a new head coach
4. We are 6-4, and a win not matter how ugly against the Giants could propel the team to make a run at the playoffs

Popps
11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Popps is trying to do up people who criticize this regime like Obama plans to do with foxnews...

It appears if you bring any type of critical analysis to the table about our team, you are a bad fan, should be banished or revered as a bandwagon fan who gloats about losses.

LMAO.

Oh no, Chris. Quite the contrary. I very much enjoy true, critical, analysis.

You're basically a troll, now. You spend all day and night pining over Cutler and Shanahan, and you'll NEVER be honest or unbiased about this team. You've basically jumped ship.

Please, don't flatter yourself by calling anything you post "analysis."

Your days of real analysis are long gone.

Now, run along and start your next Cutler tribute-thread.

BroncoMan4ever
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM
i still say we end 10-6

bpc
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM

You're basically a troll, now. You spend all day and night pining over Cutler and Shanahan, and you'll NEVER be honest or unbiased about this team. You've basically jumped ship.

You've deflected any criticism from Orton over the past 4 weeks in predictable fashion.

You wish for more "yes, men" in the audience of the mane, who agree with your stance.

The reason there are not more is because people understand what's been going on here it's pointless discussing with those that cannot reason.

No troll here. Just a Bronco fan.

If Denver is to improve, they better get a solid QB with pedigree in the pipes outside of Brandstater. This would be the year. QB position should be deep.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM

Do you really believe that people agree with you that Chris is just basically a troll who hates the Broncos? I mean, we're talking about a guy who has been around these parts since 2003, and has actual football experience with a college program and has been sharing that experience with this forum for the past 6 years.

Don't you feel a little bit embarassed when you state that Chris is a troll. Because I'm sure that I'm not the only one who is a little bit embarassed for you - especially when we turn around and you're in another thread bashing DJ Williams.

You ought to just admit that Chris is a Broncos fan who has opinions that differ to yours, and not go through all this embarassing, "you're not as good a fan as me you troll" routine. Nobody is really buying it.

GeniusatWork
11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
You have to bring more than 185 posts to the table. Who are you again?

I'm the guy that told you you are a piece of ****.

But that was a little harsh I'll admit that. Frustration showing thru.

You're pretty tiresome though and I can't guaranatee I'll hold back all the time when you always spout off the constant whining. that is all you do is whine, whine, whine.

GeniusatWork
11-23-2009, 07:00 AM
QB is by FAR the #1 problem on the entire team.

At least we have something besides DL to pine for in the draft now.

QB is something to be improved on but getting some TO's and sacks getting some better returns would help. It's a team game.

Denver went 6-0 with good all around team and there hasn't been much good play all around lately.

gyldenlove
11-23-2009, 07:02 AM

LMAO.

It is the Bush way of thinking, you are either with us or against us.

He knows that this team is the same as last year which doesn't sit well with his preconcieved notion that anything Mcdaniels does is good, so rather than face facts and maybe admit that mistakes have been made and are being made, he is attacking the messenger rather than the message, which is what people who are wrong often do.

That is what happens when you put someone or something on a pedestal, you put it beyond reproach, which makes it very difficult to admit something is wrong - so now the pro Mcdaniels crowd is busy calling out people who might blame this on Mcdaniels as bandwagoners, trolls and bad fans who just want the team to lose.

Just give it a bit of time, most of the warm fuzzy feelings will be gone and we can have a reason debate again.

colonelbeef
11-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Or go into politics.

definitely a good probability, the offense was getting better year after year, and they would have spent all of their energy, free agent money, and picks on the defense, like McDaniels should have, instead of being a retard and "fixing" the offense by making it one of the 3 worst in the league by losing the QB, ruining a proven OL, and ditching a winning blocking scheme

colonelbeef
11-23-2009, 07:42 AM
Are you serious? Last year Marshall had 18 catches for 166 yds and a TD against the Chargers. Even in the 2nd game he had 6 catches for 55 yds.

Eddie Royal had 17 catches against SD last season.

What's changed between then and now? A very arrogant Josh McDaniels was named HC and noodle armed Orton was named QB.

Call it what you want but you have to be blind to WHY our playmakers aren't doing anything. The QB's can't get the ball to them. They have weak arms and can't fit the ball into tight places.

QB is the #1 problem with this offense. #2 probably being the head coach. He needs to learn to play to his personnel instead of slamming his iso rushing scheme down the throats of an OL that is obviously better at the ZBS.

Poops is indeed willfully blind.

Rohirrim
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM
It is the Bush way of thinking, you are either with us or against us.

He knows that this team is the same as last year which doesn't sit well with his preconcieved notion that anything Mcdaniels does is good, so rather than face facts and maybe admit that mistakes have been made and are being made, he is attacking the messenger rather than the message, which is what people who are wrong often do.

That is what happens when you put someone or something on a pedestal, you put it beyond reproach, which makes it very difficult to admit something is wrong - so now the pro Mcdaniels crowd is busy calling out people who might blame this on Mcdaniels as bandwagoners, trolls and bad fans who just want the team to lose.

Just give it a bit of time, most of the warm fuzzy feelings will be gone and we can have a reason debate again.

Then, there is a whole other class of fans who believe Shanahan was a god and left this team so powerful and well-stocked that they can only see McDaniels destroying a powerhouse team on the verge of greatness. Of course, if you try to point out what happened the last three games last season, i.e, the largest collapse in NFL history, they just sniff and go on with another, "If only Cutler was still here...blah, blah, blah." Given Cutler's performance in Chicago so far, I don't get where that argument is coming from (he looked like **** last night), but hey, when you put on the blinders, you get that tunnel vision. If only Webster and Winborn and Boss were still here. We'd be kicking ass. ;D

baja
11-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Owner; we have a great owner that I have huge respect for and know that he will do what it takes to field a winning team including firing his dear friend Mike Shanahan.

Head coach; We have a bright young coach who I believe will do great things in Denver for years to come.

Coaching staff; Josh has assembled a very good staff for the most part (ST?) that will 'Do their job" well for the Broncos and give us the best chance to win.

GM; Verdict still out on this.

Players; Josh has inherited some quality players and has jettisoned the ones that are not team oriented or smart enough to play a complex system Including Jay Cutler. He has made some great signings on a limited budget as well.

Draft; Verdict still out but I love Moreno, Ayers looks promising the rest is still unproven. i did not agree with the way we got Quinn the TE and it's starting to look like A Smith was too costly.

This season; I still am sticking with my 10 win prediction but we are a work in progress. I believe the team will continue to wear down as the season progresses because we need a few more key players and more depth.

Future; Very bright and we will regain our status as an elite team. I do think Orton will continue to develop under Josh's tutelage and become our QB of the future and Moreno will become a top 5 back.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM

Huh???

That was a dumb statement. But you do that over and over and over.

azbroncfan
11-23-2009, 09:00 AM

Yep Shanny and J. Engelberger would of sacked the chargers into the bottom of the division. Shanny owned the Chargers and late season runs deep into the playoffs. 8')

DrFate
11-23-2009, 09:14 AM
We learned that this board will implode, as the usual suspects play the 'bad fan' card at people who ask legitimate questions on the direction of this franchise.

Well, that's what I learned anyway...

cousinal11
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
1) I hate Dan Fouts
2) Our defense sucks
3) Chrissy Simms is horrible
4) We miss Ryan Harris and we'll need to address the O-line in the offseason
5) Bronxfan is Broncofan7

TonyR
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM

One clear thing you're ignoring is that guys like this "Hamrob" were nowhere to be found while things were going well but now suddenly show up bashing the team like they were before the season. How seriously should we take "fans" who only show up when things aren't going well?

And don't get me started on the Faux News crap...

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Meh.

As long as we keep improving week to week, right? Keep developing those draft choices...we gotcha Popps...

Winning hides everything and losing xposes everything, but having Simms SO rusty was especially dumb. Garcia might of gave us a hope.

Popps
11-23-2009, 09:36 AM
You ought to just admit that Chris is a Broncos fan who has opinions that differ to yours, and not go through all this embarassing, "you're not as good a fan as me you troll" routine. Nobody is really buying it.

Taco, I already said Chris is a good guy... and used to be one of our best posters. He and I go way back.

He's just in a slump. I never said he "wasn't a fan." I think he's just jumped ship on this team for a while. Thats evidenced by his celebratory and incessant posting after losses, and his relative disappearing act when we win.

This is the same guy who is posting Jay Cutler tribute threads as Cutler is having on the the worst seasons of any QB in the league.

I'm supposed to be giving him props for being a good fan right now?

He's slipped. No big deal. It happens.

Just don't confuse spamming the board with Jay Cutler love-threads for real football analysis.

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
One clear thing you're ignoring is that guys like this "Hamrob" were nowhere to be found while things were going well but now suddenly show up bashing the team like they were before the season. How seriously should we take "fans" who only show up when things aren't going well?

And don't get me started on the Faux News crap...

The rationalists just waited for the circle jerk to pause.

Orton gave a great effort and if our LG hadn't popped out the ball from Tater Moreno, we wouldn't of tried the dumb onside kick and maybe the D doesn't fold.

Anyway, this team cannot overcome mistakes. Even 2 dooms us.

gyldenlove
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Then, there is a whole other class of fans who believe Shanahan was a god and left this team so powerful and well-stocked that they can only see McDaniels destroying a powerhouse team on the verge of greatness. Of course, if you try to point out what happened the last three games last season, i.e, the largest collapse in NFL history, they just sniff and go on with another, "If only Cutler was still here...blah, blah, blah." Given Cutler's performance in Chicago so far, I don't get where that argument is coming from (he looked like **** last night), but hey, when you put on the blinders, you get that tunnel vision. If only Webster and Winborn and Boss were still here. We'd be kicking ass. ;D

I always see this strawman argument, but yet I don't remember the last time I saw a serious thread by a serious poster that suggested Shanahan and Cutler would have done a lot better. (I am guessing preseason, but I don't pay that much attention).

Fact is we are no better than we were last year despite a lot of effort. I can admit that no problem at all, but can you?

Can you stand up and say Mcdaniels hasn't done **** that actually improved this team over last years team - because right now that is the case - people are laughing at us, just like the did last year when we pissed away a 3 game lead - just like we did this year.

Pick Six
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
I think not having Ryan Harris has absolutely killed us. Isn't he the one common denominator in all our losses?

YES...ESPECIALLY when Simms is taking snaps. Polumbus had to protect the blind side when the lefty was out there. We need Ryan Harris back...

watermock
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Taco, I already said Chris is a good guy... and used to be one of our best posters. He and I go way back.

He's just in a slump. I never said he "wasn't a fan." I think he's just jumped ship on this team for a while. Thats evidenced by his celebratory and incessant posting after losses, and his relative disappearing act when we win.

This is the same guy who is posting Jay Cutler tribute threads as Cutler is having on the the worst seasons of any QB in the league.

Just don't confuse spamming the board with Jay Cutler love-threads for real football analysis.

This is the "same guy", yet you call him "Chris?"

What's your name, so I can call you "Buddy" and "that same guy" in the same post.

WolfpackGuy
11-23-2009, 09:45 AM
Anyway, this team cannot overcome mistakes. Even 2 dooms us.

Couldn't have put it any better

baja
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM

Chris clearly bleeds orange & blue and believes with all his heart that Bowlen made a huge mistake in firing Shanahan with things deteriorating from there (Cutler etc). This is completely understandable and does not make him a troll by a long shot. I usually agree with you Popps but on your Chris take i feel you have over reacted. IMO.

Now if you were talking about our friend So Cal I would agree there were times he was approaching troll status but I have him in the same basic category as Chris, he just went further over board.

Popps
11-23-2009, 10:20 AM
This is the "same guy", yet you call him "Chris?"

What's your name, so I can call you "Buddy" and "that same guy" in the same post.

Mock,

Chris and I are friends. BPC stands for Big Poppa Chris.

Try paying attention once in a while instead of barfing out indecipherable nonsense.

Rohirrim
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
I always see this strawman argument, but yet I don't remember the last time I saw a serious thread by a serious poster that suggested Shanahan and Cutler would have done a lot better. (I am guessing preseason, but I don't pay that much attention).

Fact is we are no better than we were last year despite a lot of effort. I can admit that no problem at all, but can you?

Can you stand up and say Mcdaniels hasn't done **** that actually improved this team over last years team - because right now that is the case - people are laughing at us, just like the did last year when we pissed away a 3 game lead - just like we did this year.

No, I don't think the rest of the league is laughing at us. Most probably realize the Broncos are a team in transition. Other than the two, polarized Cutler camps, most know that when you get all new coaches and a bunch of roster changes it will take a while to make things happen. Shanahan was at the end of 14 years on this team so his failures had a whole different shadow on them. McD came out and shocked the league for six games. Obviously, what Josh has done on defense - simply by bringing in Nolan - is much better than anything Shanahan had going on that side of the ball for years. And he did it in one offseason, which is really a surprise. IMO, it's too early to make a judgment on the draft picks, although I see some others jumping on it. The Cutler thing is still hanging over us. Probably will be for a few seasons, which will continue to color how people see Orton.

I thought we were a rebuilding team at the beginning of the year and didn't expect much of anything and was then shocked when we came out and won six in a row. Obviously, Ryan Harris going down had a big impact. So did the sudden weakness at LG revealed by the Ravens. Also, Weigman is no Nalen. Since I didn't dream of this team making the playoffs this year I'll be pretty happy if they even get a sniff. The reason I think we are better than last year? Because Shanahan is gone. We're at the start of a building up phase instead of the bottom of a long run of same ole, same ole.

gyldenlove
11-23-2009, 11:15 AM
No, I don't think the rest of the league is laughing at us. Most probably realize the Broncos are a team in transition. Other than the two, polarized Cutler camps, most know that when you get all new coaches and a bunch of roster changes it will take a while to make things happen. Shanahan was at the end of 14 years on this team so his failures had a whole different shadow on them. McD came out and shocked the league for six games. Obviously, what Josh has done on defense - simply by bringing in Nolan - is much better than anything Shanahan had going on that side of the ball for years. And he did it in one offseason, which is really a surprise. IMO, it's too early to make a judgment on the draft picks, although I see some others jumping on it. The Cutler thing is still hanging over us. Probably will be for a few seasons, which will continue to color how people see Orton.

I thought we were a rebuilding team at the beginning of the year and didn't expect much of anything and was then shocked when we came out and won six in a row. Obviously, Ryan Harris going down had a big impact. So did the sudden weakness at LG revealed by the Ravens. Also, Weigman is no Nalen. Since I didn't dream of this team making the playoffs this year I'll be pretty happy if they even get a sniff. The reason I think we are better than last year? Because Shanahan is gone. We're at the start of a building up phase instead of the bottom of a long run of same ole, same ole.

I have got news for you, the world is laughing at us, there is a lot of "I told you so" and "The Broncos have been exposed" going on out there, I bet if you polled people right now about the strength of the AFC we are not cracking the top 10 on any lists.

You are being just as irrational as the Shanahan and Cutler crowd. We are not better than last year, hell right now it looks like we are going to struggle to match the 8 wins we had last year, that is not better. Right now we are at best no worse than last year, we need a serious turnaround.

We have scored 3 points in the last 6 quarters of play, that is 0.5 point per quarter, that is easily the worst mark in the entire league, the worst part is that those 3 points came in must win situations - this team is the same ole same ole you hate so much.

There is no swagger, there is no winning mentality, we are not seeing the young players step up and contribute, we are not building for the future. We are doing exactly none of the things we should be doing and none of the things you and I want this team to do.

Fact is we were not a SB team this year, everybody knew that, but we are not moving up, we are not improving, we are not rebuilding. We are commiting all the same mistakes we have already committed, we are playing soft defense trying to not give up the big play, we are trying to score TDs all the time instead of just gaining yards, getting field position and taking time off the clock, we are not being hard to play against.

We have to do exactly what we did in the first games, play like winning doesn't matter. When we did that we did the little things well and the results followed, now we play like we want to win and that means we are not doing the little things.

Rohirrim
11-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I disagree. This is just a slump.

55CrushEm
11-23-2009, 12:18 PM

For the last f-ing time......to all you Cutler widows.......BOWLEN pulled the plug on Cutler.....NOT McDaniels!!! Sorry, McPoopyface......

F-ing morons.

Cito Pelon
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Mondays during reg season are the best days on the Mane. Whoo boy, it's like a rodeo, demolition derby, UN General Assembly, and UFC Fight Night all rolled together.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Meh.

As long as we keep improving week to week, right? Keep developing those draft choices...we gotcha Popps...

Winning hides everything and losing xposes everything, but having Simms SO rusty was especially dumb. Garcia might of gave us a hope.

Garcia gives us hopes of possible salvaging the season with at least winning 3 games and possible avoiding losing 8-10 games after starting out 6-0.

Starting Bradstater(sp) allows us to see if he has an upside and NFL Future.

Continuing to start an already mobility challenged and ankle injured Orton is child abuse and shameful.....and Denver could still lose 8-10 games after starting out 6-0.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 06:55 AM
For the last f-ing time......to all you Cutler widows.......BOWLEN pulled the plug on Cutler.....NOT McDaniels!!! Sorry, McPoopyface......

F-ing morons.

For the last F-ing time it was Bowlen who gave McD the Greenlight to entertain possibilities of trading Cutler for Cassel in the f-ing place. No way does McSneaky do this all on his own.

Once Sneaky Azz Bowlen was exposed for his okaying the possibility of trading Cutler for Cassel and the Lying Azz Hoodie McD was exposed as well........Cutler was basically as good as gone. End of story and the rest is history.

More than likely Bowlen was shown to be sneaky, a liar, and untrustworthy just like his new Head Coach. Just b/c you're the owner and head coach does not deem you beyond reproach and scrutiny. Integrity is just as paramount and goes a long way regardless of how powerful and weathly you are. Just b/c you cut the pay checks doesn't exactly say are flawless and beyond error.

In the end Bowlen, McDaniels, and Cutler were not meant to build a lasting NFL Professional Relationship.

rastaman
11-24-2009, 07:03 AM
I disagree. This is just a slump.

We are either in a slump or are embarking on an incredible 2nd half slide/melt down never seen in the NFL from teams starting out 6-0.

Unless we find some kind of miracle this team is in danger of losing 10 consecutive games.