PDA

View Full Version : 3 friggin points!?!?

Gort
11-22-2009, 05:09 PM
say hello to 6-10. this team will lose every remaining game on the schedule. you can't win if you don't score. they've scored a total of 5 offensive TDs in the last 5 games. the season is over. no playoffs. no moral victories. just a giant sh*tburger for all of us fans to eat. i was feeling good at 6-0. not so good now. don't care what you call me. this is the reality of this team. they don't believe in themselves anymore. ugh.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:16 PM
say hello to 6-10. this team will lose every remaining game on the schedule. you can't win if you don't score. they've scored a total of 5 offensive TDs in the last 5 games. the season is over. no playoffs. no moral victories. just a giant sh*tburger for all of us fans to eat. i was feeling good at 6-0. not so good now. don't care what you call me. this is the reality of this team. they don't believe in themselves anymore. ugh.

Dude. Step away from the ledge. The season is far from over. Just pray that Orton gets back to health and Moreno learns how to hold onto the ball.

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Yea.. totally over.. because like, no team in the history of the NFL turns their dismal season around, ever. Well, except last year. Well.. and the year before. And hmm.. well hell, every year, there is a team or two or three that turns their season around.

Don't give up, ever.

Popps
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Yea.. totally over.. because like, no team in the history of the NFL turns their dismal season around, ever. Well, except last year. Well.. and the year before. And hmm.. well hell, every year, there is a team or two or three that turns their season around.

Don't give up, ever.

Wow... did you just post that?

Fantastic. Couldn't agree more.

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Give up on the Bronocs? You can't be serious...

Gort
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM

Don't give up, ever.

sure, others teams can turn it around.

us, not so much.

last year, lost on last day to miss playoffs.

2 years before, lost on last day to miss playoffs.

this year, losing in mid-season so as to be sure of missing playoffs by last day of season.

orinjkrush
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
dawkins.

done

OBF1
11-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Another freeking idiot fan. Stay classy loser

HEAV
11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
It's when a team is down is when you find out who are teh real fan and the ones just along for the the good times. Same can be said about the players!

No we find out whom are BRONCOS and BRONCOS fans.

Gort
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM

because losing 4 straight is cause for unbridled optimism?

wow. you must be lots of fun at wakes.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 06:08 PM
because losing 4 straight is cause for unbridled optimism?

wow. you must be lots of fun at wakes.

2nd line is a keeper, rep haha

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 07:43 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! The epitome of fairweather.

.....and don't try a "being realistic" response.

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 07:44 AM

They're coming out of the closet. I've seen it before and all I can say is "GOOD RIDANCE".

Beantown Bronco
11-23-2009, 07:45 AM
sure, others teams can turn it around.

us, not so much.

last year, lost on last day to miss playoffs.

2 years before, lost on last day to miss playoffs.

this year, losing in mid-season so as to be sure of missing playoffs by last day of season.

So, using your analogy, why did the Broncos even take the field during SB 32? After all, there's no way they could've won given what happened to them in prior SBs......

You need help.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm going to cry about it. Someone get me a blanky.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
i see that the "i'm a better fan than you" brigade is out in force this morning. well, i lived through 4 SB losses, i'll live through another mid/late season Broncos collapse. but take your blinders off people. if wishes were horses, everyone would ride. you can just "wish" this team to a win on thursday. the wheels have come off and the team is circling the drain. you've got players nearly coming to blows on the sideline and you've got a head coach getting goaded into smack talk with the Sparkies. they all need to get a grip. 6-0 can easily become 6-10 if they don't get their act together now.

do i want McD as HC? yes.
do i want a happy Marshall on the team? yes.
am i happy with Orton compared to Cutler? for the most part yes.

but it's my prerogative to be pissed about losing 4 straight games in embarassing fashion. just as its your prerogatives to shut your eyes and pretend that nothing is wrong.

in my view, 2009 is a lost cause. we're playing to see who's earned an invite to camp for 2010 now.

tsiguy96
11-23-2009, 08:12 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:18 AM
So, using your analogy, why did the Broncos even take the field during SB 32? After all, there's no way they could've won given what happened to them in prior SBs......

You need help.

when have the Broncos EVER turned a season around? any years they've started 2-4 only to finish 11-5? or how about starting 0-3 and finishing 12-4? show me an example. please. i've seen other teams do it. i've seen the goddamned Sparkies do it 2 years or 3 years in a row now. what about us?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 08:21 AM
when have the Broncos EVER turned a season around? any years they've started 2-4 only to finish 11-5? or how about starting 0-3 and finishing 12-4? show me an example. please. i've seen other teams do it. i've seen the goddamned Sparkies do it 2 years or 3 years in a row now. what about us?

Thankfully for your argument, there's never a first time for anything.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:21 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

so 5 offensive TDs in 5 games and you're still rooting for a playoff spot? how do you win if you can't score? maybe we can get everyone on the schedule to forfeit the remaining games, huh?

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Thankfully for your argument, there's never a first time for anything.

well, maybe a UFO will appear outside my window and take me to planet Beta Zed Prime this afternoon and they'll show me a basic unified field theory model so i can win a Nobel Prize in Physics next year, because that's never happened before... but i won't hold my breath.

seriously, show me any season in the last 20 where the Broncos have started slow and finished fast. please.

Beantown Bronco
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM

Does starting 0-4 and finishing 6-10 count? Cause technically that's "turning it around."

And your question is BS for two reasons:

1. First you essentially say that any team can do it and it happens all the time, but in reality you can only name the Chargers. Just how many other teams can you name that have started 2-4 or 0-3 and managed to finish 12-4 or 11-5? Your example is the exception, not the rule.

2. The Broncos have a history of starting off strong. For the past what 15 years or so, they've only started off with a bad record like that once. So by definition it's impossible for them to meet your criteria, ESPECIALLY this year since they started off 6-0.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 08:28 AM
so 5 offensive TDs in 5 games and you're still rooting for a playoff spot? how do you win if you can't score? maybe we can get everyone on the schedule to forfeit the remaining games, huh?

If you had your way, we'd be the ones forfeiting.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
whatever guys. if you're happy after 4 straight losses, then good for you. if you think it makes you a better fan to pretend that all is well in dove valley, then fine. and if coming on OM and ridiculing anyone who has anything to say other than "we'll get' em next week" makes you feel important, then please, feel important. i'm just not part of your herd. i'm annoyed as hell by the losing streak and i don't see any way to turn it around. that's frustrating. if you can't score and you can't stop the other team from scoring, you're not going to win many games in this league. that's the plain truth about the Broncos after 10 games. i fell bad for the players. i know they want to correct the problems and start winning again. the talent is just not there to do so.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Does starting 0-4 and finishing 6-10 count? Cause technically that's "turning it around."

And your question is BS for two reasons:

1. First you essentially say that any team can do it and it happens all the time, but in reality you can only name the Chargers. Just how many other teams can you name that have started 2-4 or 0-3 and managed to finish 12-4 or 11-5? Your example is the exception, not the rule.

2. The Broncos have a history of starting off strong. For the past what 15 years or so, they've only started off with a bad record like that once. So by definition it's impossible for them to meet your criteria, ESPECIALLY this year since they started off 6-0.

1. i agree its rare. seems to happen yearly in the NFC east though.

2. and that's my point. we're frustrated by the same late season slide yet again.

i don't see hjow anyone can be happy after losing 4 straight. but that's the side you've adopted. why do i have to justify being pissed when the reasons are self-evident. let's turn it around. you JUSTIFY for me why you still feel good about this team and this season. tell me how we are going to win if we can't score points and can't stop the other team from scoring points.

GeniusatWork
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
It's when a team is down is when you find out who are teh real fan and the ones just along for the the good times. Same can be said about the players!

No we find out whom are BRONCOS and BRONCOS fans.

How would you like to have some of these fans on a team with you? You would be sure to have a losing team no doubt about it.

They give up so easy. No fight in them at all.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:35 AM
If you had your way, we'd be the ones forfeiting.

wrong. now you're being dumb. i'm not part of the anti-McD, anti-Orton, anti-Bowlen faction. i'm not even interested in all the draft pick posturing nonsense that gets posted here.

my disappointment has nothing to do with Cutler or Orton or Marshall or McD or Shanny. it is solely because we've frittered away a 6-0 start and are now a very longshot for the playoffs at 6-4.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
wrong. now you're being dumb. i'm not part of the anti-McD, anti-Orton, anti-Bowlen faction. i'm not even interested in all the draft pick posturing nonsense that gets posted here.

my disappointment has nothing to do with Cutler or Orton or Marshall or McD or Shanny. it is solely because we've frittered away a 6-0 start and are now a very longshot for the playoffs at 6-4.

But hoping for the best is right out. Couldn't possibly just hope for the best. That would be idiotic.

Instead, you should start an angry thread. That'll show em!

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM

Yep, most of the AFC teams with 6-4 records are LONGSHOTS at a chance for a wildcard spot, and if you were to ask Lex, I'm sure he'd say would should start losing on purpose to get a better draft spot.

Maybe that's the plan;D

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
But hoping for the best is right out. Couldn't possibly just hope for the best. That would be idiotic.

Instead, you should start an angry thread. That'll show em!

not angry thread... frustrated thread.

hoping for something is about as useful as wishing for something. i'm hoping to find a million dollars in my front yard this morning. maybe if i hope hard enough, it'll be there.

Gort
11-23-2009, 08:58 AM
Yep, most of the AFC teams with 6-4 records are LONGSHOTS at a chance for a wildcard spot, and if you were to ask Lex, I'm sure he'd say would should start losing on purpose to get a better draft spot.

Maybe that's the plan;D

they have to win 4 of their remaining 6 to be fairly certain of a playoff spot.

since we've lost 4 straight and can't score and can't stop the other team from scoring, i'd say winning 2/3rds of our remaining games is a longshot. do you not agree?

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
they have to win 4 of their remaining 6 to be fairly certain of a playoff spot.

since we've lost 4 straight and can't score and can't stop the other team from scoring, i'd say winning 2/3rds of our remaining games is a longshot. do you not agree?

No, I do not agree.

I see a loss against the Colts and a possible loss against Philly in Philly, but the others are definately winnable. You act as if we are destined to loose the rest of the games because of this "slide". Get a grip. The NYG were also on a slide and recovered.

hades
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
This 4 game slide is frustrating, very frustrating, but win or loose, I am still, and always will be a Bronco's fan!

hades
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
No, I do not agree.

I see a loss against the Colts and a possible loss against Philly in Philly, but the others are definately winnable. You act as if we are destined to loose the rest of the games because of this "slide". Get a grip. The NYG were also on a slide and recovered.

I hope Philly doesn't de-pants Marshall! :rofl:

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 09:38 AM
i hope philly doesn't de-pants marshall! :rofl:

????huh

bronco militia
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
????huh

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hester-600x450.jpg

HEAV
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM
i don't see hjow anyone can be happy after losing 4 straight. but that's the side you've adopted.

Only people that are happy with the losses are the Shanny/Cutler/Hate McDaniels club.

I'm sadden by the loses, but I can also see that it's not over. If this team could stop the turnovers and penalties on both side of the ball, not to mention get some injured players back, the team will win and finish with a winning record.

The Broncos still can win the west. they just have to swept the Raiders and Chefs along with the Chargers slipping up next week and dropping to the Chefs. That would give Denver the tie breaker in the division standings.

Facts are this:

Many fans had this team dead in the water before the opening of camp.

Some jumped on the bandwagon and had Super Bowl dreams after 6-0.

A few saw that this was a good team, not a great team.

This team has weak lines that need talent/weight infusion over the next few years.

This team needs to play error free football to win and it hasn't done so the past 4 games.

I wanted the AFC west title just like everyone and winning yesterday would have been huge. But it's not over yet.

I'll never give up on my BRONCOS...Never!

TailgateNut
11-23-2009, 09:43 AM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hester-600x450.jpg

I thought the full moon was out a few weeks ago.:spit:

If grabbing the collar is a "horse collar", what the **** is that???

hades
11-23-2009, 09:51 AM

It's an ass collar!

bronco militia
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM

it's the gorilla marketing for the New Moon movie ;D