PDA

View Full Version : Brandstater, Brandstater, Brandstater!

Greatspirits
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Ok, the season's over, might as well throw in the kid and see what he can do!

ro_50
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Season is not over yet and Brandstater -- I like him -- will not play unless Orton gets injured again.

But a case can be made for him being the No. 2 guy now that we've seen Simms is still utterly rusty.

Doggcow
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2532594#post2532594

long beach bronco
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
The season is not over but I have zero confidence in this team to compete the rest of the way, no life at all, the season might as well be over.

bronco militia
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
maybe next year

ColoradoDarin
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I'd rather run Wild Horses all day long if Orton can't go.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
If you say bloody mary three times you might see Elway's ghost in the mirror.

Bronco Rob
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
if you say bloody mary three times you might see steve bono's ghost in the mirror.

lol

HEAV
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Great spirits my ass...just another lame asshat fan.

Greatspirits
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Great spirits my ass...just another lame asshat fan.

A little angry and bitter are we? We've scored a total of 37 points in the past 4 games, I think that comes out to about 9 points a game! Sorry dude, that ain't gonna cut it in the NFL!. I'm sorry, even with Orton I don't see a lot of improvement in that area. Simms is garbage! I'm just saying, why not give Brandstater a chance! Can it get an uglier?

cabronco
11-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Well we saw what Simms could or couldnt do. Bradstater is tall & has a decent arm and mobile for his size. Lets see what we have w/ him.

SJ Bronco
11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Ok, the season's over, might as well throw in the kid and see what he can do!

Only Orangemane posters would end the season at 6-4...hell can we at least be at .500 before we quit. I'm glad I never played ball next to you.

Rigs11
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
you guys are idiots. we are 6-4 with 6 left to play.And you wanna hand the reigns to a rookie?I swear this board gets more stupid by the day.

OABB
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
you guys are idiots. we are 6-4 with 6 left to play.And you wanna hand the reigns to a rookie?I swear this board gets more stupid by the day.

I'm thinking about pulling a montrose...except for the no sex part.

eddie mac
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
WTF is the 1000 post rule. Get these muther****ing half ass Bronco fans off my board.

You actually piss me off more than the way we're playing at present and that takes some doing.

RhymesayersDU
11-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Season is not over.

HOWEVER, the pressure is on. Bottom line, our boys have to beat KC twice and Oakland. Then, they have to find a way to win another game. I think they have a great shot at hitting 10 wins. IMO, it starts on Thursday. The Giants haven't been that great this year, and we're at home. Have to get a W there, because we're not beating Indy, and going on the road @ Philly is not a game that you want to be a must-win game.

Archer81
11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Very schitzo board this year...

season is over after 10 games...hahahahahahahaha...ooh my ribs...

:Broncos:

Greatspirits
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
From the joke of a team we've seen the past 4 weeks! Yeah, its over, I guarantee it! Mark my words, we will be lucky to win 2 more games.

mhgaffney
11-22-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't get it.

Our number one QB is injured and our number two QB is garbage.

(Oh and BTW our number one QB ain't that great, either)

So what's with the taboo about speaking the "B" word?

IF B flops then at least we know we must draft a QB in the first next April.

Dudeskey
11-22-2009, 07:45 PM
If you say bloody mary three times you might see Todd Blackledge's ghost in the mirror.

Really?

Popps
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
WTF is the 1000 post rule. Get these muther****ing half ass Bronco fans off my board.

You actually piss me off more than the way we're playing at present and that takes some doing.

Notice that most of the ****-bag posters have low counts?

Could be an alter-ego thing going on.

GoHAM
11-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Notice that most of the ****-bag posters have low counts?

Could be an alter-ego thing going on.

Or, they don't spend all of their time on the 'Mane and are more in touch w/ reality than people who have 22,000+ posts and spend so much time on a fan board they have a smilie named after them. :TJnPopps: (No offense TJ)

strafen
11-22-2009, 10:26 PM
We need a QB. Orton is not the answer, it never was, and will never be.
Bring Brandstater in to see what we've got.
Let's not wait until we are 6 and 8 to find out.
Orton flat out sucks...Any questions?

GoHAM
11-22-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm not saying the season is over, but it certainly is not as promising as it was 3 weeks ago.

Somebody give us back our smoke machine and our mirrors!!

We have 6 games left and I think McKid is telling the rest of the league to ignore the man behindthe curtain, the Broncos are a Good Team.

Sorry if I offend, I'm just pissed off when I lay out hard earned cash to go watch my beloved Broncos fail! to show up for a game.

Not such a big deal if it's just me going to a game, but when it's the FIRST game I've ever taken my two sons to, and I ask my oldest (6 yrs) what he thought about going to a Bronco game and if he wants to go to another one. He says... "I don't want to go again if they get their butts kicked again when we go." IT ****ing CRUSHES me.

Yeah I'm a little bitter about today's performance. So flame away.

Orton is not the answer. Simms is not the answer. We are NOT GOING to the SUPERBOWL this year, nor next year WITH ORTON. Start Brandstater, let him play.

We pissed away the playoffs to give Cutler the start, why not piss away our marginal chance at the playoffs to give Brandstater the start?

ZONA
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm also at the point where I think this team needs SOMETHING and it very well could be Brandstater. Orton is hurt, that is obvious. I don't think it's worth risking him to further injury and it's not right to the other players to put Orton out there on only one good wheel. Simms, absolutely no thanks. In fact, I'd just go ahead and cut him now and bring up somebody from the practice squad or sign another player. I think you have to go to Tom right now. I was not in support of this early in the year because I thought he needed more time but he's had 11 weeks now and I think we need to see what we have in him. I say that because I truly think this is a learning year. I do not see this team doing anything in the playoffs if they even should get there and I think we need to learn what we can learn. We now know Simms will be gone and Orton can be okay but is not a special QB. He might be a really super solid backup but I don't think he's a special QB. Yeah, he might have won alot of games but he clearly doesn't have anything very special about him and he just doesn't bring a certain presence that other star QB's do. Let's see what Tommy boy has for the rest of the year. He gets 6 games to showcase what he has and we go from there.

11-22-2009, 10:45 PM
You guys can make Bono/Blackledge jokes all you want.

Today our quarterback was a ****ing hero.

ZONA
11-22-2009, 10:55 PM

Who gives a Fcuk. Not the thread to talk about your stupid ass QB. This is about ours. So go F off and die bitch.

11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
You guys have a quarterback?

ZONA
11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
You guys have a quarterback?

you have a vagina?

11-22-2009, 11:04 PM
you have a vagina?

I know I had multiple orgasms today!

OABB
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM

there was a star wars convention in town?

OABB
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM

You moved up from a 4th level mage to a tenth level dragon slayer?

OABB
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM

your mother left you alone in the house with the dryer running?

OABB
11-22-2009, 11:42 PM

The gerbil had really good lungs?

Sassy
11-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Idiots...the season is not over...a lot of football left.
6-4...a lot of teams are 6-4 at this point.

Sassy
11-23-2009, 12:38 AM

So what...Troy didn't play.

Meck77
11-23-2009, 12:42 AM
Idiots...the season is not over..

That's funny. I was saying the same thing to them in July.

Bronco Rob
11-23-2009, 03:16 AM
From the joke of a team we've seen the past 4 weeks! Yeah, its over, I guarantee it! Mark my words, we will be lucky to win 2 more games.

Greatspirits
Rookie

New to the Forum

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bronco Rob
11-23-2009, 03:19 AM

Matty SAND Castle knocked out Roethlisberger on the last drive?

That's amazing!!!

:rofl:

ro_50
11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Orton should still start as long as his ankle holds up but McDaniels should at least demote Simms to No.3 and put Brandstater at No. 2.

But he probably won't because he paid Simms $3mill a year to be a backup and wants to justify it.

Garcia Bronco
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Phil Simms kid should be cut this week. He can't play ffotball anymore if he ever could. I see it. I know it. How could they put this kid in?

55CrushEm
11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Greatspirits
Rookie

New to the Forum

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hey, GreatSpirits......would that be Danvers, MA ?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-23-2009, 08:47 AM

How exciting for you! If you're right, you'll be the biggest douchebag on this board! Congratulations!

Crushaholic
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
The interesting thing about this theory is that Shanahan put Cutler in around this time of year. We all know how that worked out...Ha!

mhgaffney
11-23-2009, 09:44 AM
We got nothing to lose. Put him in.

Greatspirits
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
At least I'm not a delusional Bronco fan like a lot of people on this board, its obvious the quarterback position is lacking, Props to Orton for giving it a go yesterday, but what happened in Baltimore & Washington? I know this team has more issues than just quarterback, but if you think Orton or Simms is going to turn this slide around your crazy!

ludo21
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I cant believe that I actually agree here.

Our offense has been anemic, the rookie cant do worse than 3 points.

bronco610
11-23-2009, 11:04 AM
All I want to know is what happened to our stellar offensive line and the ability to give the QB up to 6 seconds. The last few games they have been pushed around and beaten. I miss our zone blocking scheme and While it is supposed to be used sometimes I preffered an entire running game based on it. As far as defense, we knew we had holes and lack of talent. I think Nolan did a great job in the begining but as more and more games are played the opposing offenses have had enough game film to pick it apart. Also as much time as our defense spends on the field during a game any defense would wear down. Everyone on this board knew it would take at least a couple of years to become a real contender again, so why so much angst? As far as QB goes I do not believe Orton or Simms is the answer so I would like to see if Brandstater can be an NFL QB.
Lets face it we are not as bad or good as some on this board would like us to believe, but we are a rebuilding team whether we like it or not!

Greatspirits
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
All I want to know is what happened to our stellar offensive line and the ability to give the QB up to 6 seconds. The last few games they have been pushed around and beaten. I miss our zone blocking scheme and While it is supposed to be used sometimes I preffered an entire running game based on it. As far as defense, we knew we had holes and lack of talent. I think Nolan did a great job in the begining but as more and more games are played the opposing offenses have had enough game film to pick it apart. Also as much time as our defense spends on the field during a game any defense would wear down. Everyone on this board knew it would take at least a couple of years to become a real contender again, so why so much angst? As far as QB goes I do not believe Orton or Simms is the answer so I would like to see if Brandstater can be an NFL QB.
Lets face it we are not as bad or good as some on this board would like us to believe, but we are a rebuilding team whether we like it or not!

Well said!

bronco610
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Well said!

Thank you, I dont see why more people are aware of where we are.

long beach bronco
11-24-2009, 09:30 AM
If Nolan doesn't play a more aggressive defense out there it's going to get ugly. What happened to all of that pressure that they were doing early on? It seems they just stopped sending pressure and playing what looks like a 4-3 vanilla defense. We can't play like that, we have to bring the heat.

Greatspirits
11-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Thank you, I dont see why more people are aware of where we are.

There the ones who didn't think anything needed to be changed from last year!