PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner > Josh McDaniels today

fontaine
11-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I think McDaniels is on his way to being a very good head coach in the league for a long time to come.

That being said, Norv Turner completely owned McDaniels in this game.

1. McDaniels needed to go for it on 4th down near the goal line when we were still right in the game. Risky plays are all about playing the percentages and our offense was red hot as soon as Orton came in. A FG wasn't going to help us the way SD's offense was going.

All the momentum was on Denver's side and even IF we don't score SD still has to march 95 yards for a TD.

But instead of taking that he went for a MEANINGLESS field goal, then banked on the crappiest Special Teams unit in the ENTIRE LEAGUE against SD's who are one of the BETTER units. Our STs are the same clowns who couldn't cover a fake FG even when they got a sneak preview.

2. What the hell was McDaniels doing in the first half with Simms on pass plays? He failed to load up on max protect for Simms blindside when it was clear SD was bringing the right side blitz. And those blitzes were the biggest plays in the first half. We kept going with 5 down line man and SD kept bringing the blitz in and hitting us up like a rag doll. Result? Simms fumbles, got sacked and completely got owned. Put in Graham out on the right side and let him own the perimeter there.

Those two things costs us everything in the game. The players screwed it up as well at key points but:

Who in their right mind expects Simms to read the blitz right and throw on the quick release?

Who in their right mind expects our inept, incompetent Special Teams to do anything right when they've sucked hard all season long?

Josh will come good eventually but he had his worst game of the season today as a head coach.

Greatspirits
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Lets hope for McD, this team isn't good enough to overcome stupid penalties and turnovers.

The Joker
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Your general point is fair enough, but you have to kick the FG when we did.

If the ball was inside the 2 then maybe you go for it on 4th, but from where we were you take some points.

I didn't like the onside kick, even if it should have worked.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I thought McD could turn water into wine? Simms into a pro bowler?

Buck Melanoma
11-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Obviously McDaniels still needs his Belichick security blanket.

So glad to stuff that onside kick right back up his ass. :thumbsup:

McDman
11-22-2009, 05:26 PM
I laughed when I read the title of the thread.

Xenos
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Norv's smart enough to not tell the opposing defense that he owns them like McD did with the Chargers linebackers before the game.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 06:00 PM
and josh was better the last game blah blah blah.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Norv's smart enough to not tell the opposing defense that he owns them like McD did with the Chargers linebackers before the game.

who the **** cares.

Popps
How about a fair fight and then we'll judge the coaches?

Oh, wait... we had a fair fight, and we whipped their asses in their own house.

Rulon Velvet Jones

What? Where was this bull****?

Xenos
11-22-2009, 06:04 PM
What? Where was this bull****?
It was something that the SD announcer Hank Bauer on the radio mentioned. It was a sticking point throughout the entire game for the linebackers. He doesn't ever stir up gossip about the other team so I find it odd that he mentioned that Josh would do that.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
It was something that the SD announcers on the radio mentioned. It was a sticking point throughout the entire game for the linebackers.

Hmmmmmmm so it was a realiable source :rofl:

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Oh, so Hank Bauer said it. The great Hank Bauer. Hank. Bauer.

rbackfactory80
11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Really was terrible coaching. From running the ball 15 times off the bat, to the onside kick, to failure to protect Simms blindside, to keeping Orton out there risking further injury I think the coaching today sucked.

Captain 'Dre
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
It's hard for me to believe that Norv is greater than much of anybody, but this was certainly McDaniels' darkest hour as a head coach.

He led a total custerfluck out there! 32-3! >:'(