PDA

View Full Version : Another Shanahan collapse

lostknight
11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
The more things change...

This game is turning into a embaressment. We have safties who can't cover gaps, corners that are too short, linemen who can't stop the rush, quarterbacks who take too much time in the middle, or overthrow wide open receivers.

In short, last years team, only with more questions at quarterback.

atomicbloke
11-22-2009, 04:25 PM
I hope people realize that agianst BAL, PIT and SD, they weren't merely losses, they were embarrassing blowouts....

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
better defense than last year. Need a QB.

jmz313
11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
D lost its attitude. O is either outta sync, injured, or putting the ball on the turf at any given time. Good news is we are still in the hunt with losses to most WC teams. Bad news, if the team doesnt figure it out, its another colapse.

lostknight
11-22-2009, 04:39 PM
The offense has not put together a single performance this entire season to provide that they are contenders. Those of us who pointed that out at 6-0 were crucified by the McDaniel stormtroopers.

This defense might be better then last years - our epic collapses occurred later in the season - but there is no question that the offense is horrific.

NFLBRONCO
11-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Lack of talent shows up midseason thats what's happened for the last decade here. Disappointed sure but, not a shocker.

Killericon
11-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Lack of talent shows up midseason thats what's happened for the last decade here. Disappointed sure but, not a shocker.

Exactly. McDaniels schemed his way to a 6-0 start. now the lack of talent is shining through. I'm optimistic about the future.

jmz313
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Exactly. McDaniels schemed his way to a 6-0 start. now the lack of talent is shining through. I'm optimistic about the future.

Def think the D schemed its way by the first 6 games but the O has kinda just gotten the job done when it mattered. We are now being put away by teams cause the D is exposed somewhat and they get worn down cause the O is not staying on the field. +7 turnovers first 6 games, -7 last 4 games.

I'm optimistic as well. Orton doesnt get hurt in DC we prob win it and carry good momentum with a health QB into this game. Season isnt over.... yet.

bpc
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
I think a Shanahan led Broncos team in 09' wins the AFC West easily, sweeping every team.

Popps
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, the season's over?

Well, at least we ended the season with a winning record.

Popps
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
I think a Shanahan led Broncos team in 09' wins the AFC West easily, sweeping every team.

:rofl:

orinjkrush
11-22-2009, 05:25 PM
scheme. good for first half.

execution. good for playoffs.

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM

How can a backup QB be so ill prepared? The game changed when Orton came into this game with his injured ankle. Orton didn't fumble the ball into the end zone.

rastaman
11-22-2009, 05:28 PM

Better scheme and Defense....the obvious problem is the worst Bronco Offense in the last 30 years has managed to not only stinkup the joint but has also managed to wear down a once promising Defense; b/c the offense inability to move the ball and avoid 3 downs and punts, utimately caused the defense to collapse as well.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
How can a backup QB be so ill prepared? The game changed when Orton came into this game with his injured ankle. Orton didn't fumble the ball into the end zone.

Orton is smart and has a better command of the game plan and checkdowns.

Simms looks gun shy. I would be too if I had lost an internal organ because of football. He doesn't belong on the field.

Jason in LA
11-22-2009, 05:33 PM
The offense has not put together a single performance this entire season to provide that they are contenders. Those of us who pointed that out at 6-0 were crucified by the McDaniel stormtroopers.

This defense might be better then last years - our epic collapses occurred later in the season - but there is no question that the offense is horrific.

Pretty much. The offense couldn't be questioned when they were 6-0. But I was never impressed by the O, and never impressed by Orton. There weren't very many moments when the offense looked good, and there were games where the offense wasn't really productive, but they won because the D played great, namely in the 2nd half of games.

I still like what I'm seeing on D, because they sucked the last 2 and a half years. But I can't remember the O being this bad in years. Well, there were a couple years where injuries killed them. But this O was never any good and have never shown any signs of being good.

Denver724
11-22-2009, 05:37 PM

I think the defense now (after the 1st 6 games) is playing at about the same level as last year. Giving up a ton of yardage on the ground and the pass defense is really weak. In fact, I think Champ is past his prime. Not worth the millions he is guaranteed next year. I can see him being cut unless he takes a pay cut. I am sure there will be people who disagree, but QB's are going after him a lot this season (with success).

extralife
11-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Wow, the season's over?

Well, at least we ended the season with a winning record.

building a winning football teamô

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Orton is smart and has a better command of the game plan and checkdowns.

Simms looks gun shy. I would be too if I had lost an internal organ because of football. He doesn't belong on the field.

I can understand the gun shyness and being "rusty" after a 3 year "layoff" from football but, I find it hard to believe he can be holding the #2 QB position. Is Brandstater that bad?

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I can understand the gun shyness and being "rusty" after a 3 year "layoff" from football but, I find it hard to believe he can be holding the #2 QB position. Is Brandstater that bad?

I am super curious to see what Brandstater has. He is definitely the most physically talented QB on the team, and from everything I have read, he has a brain.

Putting him in at this point of the season would be akin to throwing a pork chop at a tiger though

lazarus4444
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Well, our lack of talent is in part to 30million in dead cap space. We know this team can do it but they have to play near perfect games and with heart. Hard on the D when the offense can't do anything.

Popps
11-22-2009, 06:02 PM
building a winning football teamô

I believe he is. Doesn't happen overnight.

6-4, 10 games in... a game out of first place... with a totally new system on both sides of the ball.

Not too shabby.

Gort
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM

6-4, 10 games in... a game out of first place... with a totally new system on both sides of the ball.

Not too shabby.

ok, take off the blinders. there is something wrong in dove valley right now. something terribly terribly wrong. you can pretend that 6-4 is good if you want, but let me give you an analogy.

you win $100M in the lottery. you go to pick up the $$$ at the lottery office. they give the money to you. on the bus home, you accidentally leave a bag with $99M in it on the seat when you leave the bus. when you get home, you've only got $1M left. now sure, that's $1M you didn't have before you won the lottery. but it's not the $100M you had earlier in the day. are you going to celebrate having the $1M or be pissed about losing the $99M?

if we started 3-3 or 2-4, then a 6-4 record would be fine. but we started 6-0. there is no enjoyment in a 6-4 record after that start.

oubronco
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Better scheme and Defense....the obvious problem is the worst Bronco Offense in the last 30 years has managed to not only stinkup the joint but has also managed to wear down a once promising Defense; b/c the offense inability to move the ball and avoid 3 downs and punts, utimately caused the defense to collapse as well.

But... But ...But McD is the best offensive mind EEEEEEEEEEEVVEERRRRRRRRRRR genius my ass

oubronco
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Not too shabby.

the we're 6-4 routine isn't going to cut it forever the losses are mounting up quickly with 2 very hard games coming up I can see 6-6 as a good possibility then what we're 6-6 and the greatest 6-6 team ever

TonyR
11-22-2009, 06:14 PM
This defense might be better then last years...

Might be? MIGHT be? Seriously?

Rohirrim
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM

Yeah, that Webster/Winborn/Boss midfield and the Slowik method of coverage playing ten yards off the receiver would have us going to the playoffs for sure. Not to mention the leadership of Cutler. God knows, Shanahan's ass kicking D was so hot that it didn't matter how many INTs Jay threw. Yeah. I got some swampland in Florida for sale.

go_broncos
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I reached a point where i keep laughing when our team plays.

3 points against division rival..That is a pathetic performance.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 06:16 PM
i think a shanahan led broncos team in 09' wins the afc west easily, sweeping every team.

rofl!!!

TonyR
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
3 points against division rival..That is a pathetic performance.

Agree, although all the while realizing how lame wouda/coulda/shouldas are I do wonder how different the game turns out if the Moreno goal line play is a TD.

Jason in LA
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
if we started 3-3 or 2-4, then a 6-4 record would be fine. but we started 6-0. there is no enjoyment in a 6-4 record after that start.

Every week it's been the same story. 6-1, I'll take that. 6-2, I'll take that. 6-3, I'll take that. 6-4, I'll take that.

At what point is it okay to be disappointed? A four game losing streak is always bad, and good teams don't lose that many in a row. And on top of that, three of those games (two at home) weren't even close.

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM

Not too shabby.

Unfortunately, you will have to whistle another tune sooner or later.

lazarus4444
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I've been disappointed the last 3 games....

oubronco
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Yeah, that Webster/Winborn/Boss midfield and the Slowik method of coverage playing ten yards off the receiver would have us going to the playoffs for sure. Not to mention the leadership of Cutler. God knows, Shanahan's ass kicking D was so hot that it didn't matter how many INTs Jay threw. Yeah. I got some swampland in Florida for sale.

well it DID look a little familiar in the first half

NYBronco
11-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Unfortunately, you will have to whistle another tune sooner or later.

Your right, but it will take at least two more full years for me and not one 16 game season.

Broncomutt
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
I think looking at 10 full games so far, the boy genius McDaniels definitely is showing chinks in the armor. Five weeks ago (5 weeks!) many talked about seeing how the team would handle adversity, thinking confidently we would rebound strongly. Instead we are crumbling.

People can explain away losses, bad play here, unfortunate injury there. But the overall reaction and play of the team lies with the headcoach. This McDaniels coached team is not handling adversity well.