PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the onside kick

enjolras
11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Someone please convince me that all sense hasn't left McDaniels. At that point in the game... why would you even attempt that? That seems like one of the worst coaching decisions, well ever.

And "if it had worked you wouldn't be complaining" is not an answer. Even if it had worked, it's still hugely retarded. Give an offense that has walked over your defense the ball at YOUR 40 yard line? You don't risk that when it's 13-3.

Just..WOW.

*sighs*

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
demonstrating a lack of faith in the defense, when in reality it's his offense that is letting the season slip away

Lev Vyvanse
11-22-2009, 03:17 PM
If it had worked you wouldn't be complaining.

The Joker
11-22-2009, 03:19 PM
There's already a thread to be fair.

bombay
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
I liked it when I realized what they were doing, and the Broncos got to the ball first. It was a risk worth taking.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
If it had worked you wouldn't be complaining.

The only way that decision could be considered a smart decision is if the team executes it and comes up with a recovery. That's not what happened.

That was a pretty poor move - it was a huge gamble that sucked the life out of the team when it failed.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Bad decision but not remotely why we lost the game. We lost the game primarily because of turnovers and failure in the red zone.

Natedog24
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Bad decision but not remotely why we lost the game. We lost the game primarily because of turnovers and failure in the red zone.

agreed

jmz313
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Bottomline is if we recovered it instead of letting it slip through fingers.... It would of been called a great move. Was worth the try, We needed something.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
poor call imo it effectly removed all momentum.

broncoblue
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Bottomline is if we recovered it instead of letting it slip through fingers.... It would of been called a great move. Was worth the try, We needed something.

and if i had a vag id be an aunt and not an unkle

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 03:41 PM
demonstrating a lack of faith in the defense, when in reality it's his offense that is letting the season slip away

are you even watching the games? sure the D has done well but they have done their share of stupid shyt today to extend the chuggers drives.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
are you even watching the games? sure the D has done well but they have done their share of stupid shyt today to extend the chuggers drives.

3 points.

End thread.

Bronx33
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
ya completely drive past the fact it's MCD first season but thats your bread and butter quote a BUNCH OF OBVIOUS CRAP and avoid the facts like they don't exist.

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 04:07 PM
It was stupid, end of story. If your D or other parts of the team are doing bad, you don't try to fix it by doing exceptionally risky moves. That turned out to be a TD for them. Game over. Dumb decision, I'm stunned anyone thinks it was a "good idea." You do that play down 2 touches in the fourth with 3 minutes left. You play smart football, and SHOW YOUR D YOU HAVE FAITH IN THEM. You don't say "Well, you guys are kinda crappy, so we will attempt a very risky trick play instead of risking you stopping them." Great way to build confidence on a team eh?

Popps
11-22-2009, 04:16 PM
Don't really mind the call. We were behind, handicapped with a gimpy QB and not catching any breaks. You have to try things. It didn't work.

Turns out, that wasn't the difference in the game... so it's not worth worrying about.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:18 PM
It was stupid, end of story. If your D or other parts of the team are doing bad, you don't try to fix it by doing exceptionally risky moves. That turned out to be a TD for them. Game over. Dumb decision, I'm stunned anyone thinks it was a "good idea." You do that play down 2 touches in the fourth with 3 minutes left. You play smart football, and SHOW YOUR D YOU HAVE FAITH IN THEM. You don't say "Well, you guys are kinda crappy, so we will attempt a very risky trick play instead of risking you stopping them." Great way to build confidence on a team eh?

I actually don't mind the fact that McDaniels is willing to take chances, I just wish it extended into his offensive playcalling a bit more.

rugbythug
11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I love the call. He is playing to win the game. He is not playing to not lose or look good.

Buck Melanoma
11-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I love the call. He is playing to win the game. He is not playing to not lose or look good.

What he won was a good kick in the ass.

Back to hoodie school, little fella. ;)