PDA

View Full Version : What ever happens from here on out....

HEAV
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Kyle Orton is our quarterback.

Now.

Thursday.

Future!

He's our quarterback!

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Why do you say that? Guy is injury prone, can't avoid the rush, and is leading the Broncos O to it's worst statistical year in decades

tsiguy96
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Why do you say that? Guy is injury prone, can't avoid the rush, and is leading the Broncos O to it's worst statistical year in decades

i truly hope this post is a joke. however, you were leader of the mopey mafia in the offseason, so maybe not.

The Joker
11-22-2009, 04:05 PM
For the rest of the year, if he can walk he must play.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Whatever happens from here on out....this ****ing board will still raise my blood pressure.

Natedog24
11-22-2009, 04:08 PM
And Chris Simms has no business being an NFL QB

Beantown Bronco
11-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm amazed with how good Orton looks considering he obviously isn't 100% and hasn't taken a single practice snap all week.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
i truly hope this post is a joke. however, you were leader of the mopey mafia in the offseason, so maybe not.

Facts hurt.

I know you weren't shy about waving your little pom poms when the broncos rode the defense and a few lucky bounces to a 6-0 start, but now that reality is setting in and the offense looks as crappy as many of us said it would, do you have anything to say that actually makes any sense or are you going to go on believing that everything that happened in the offseason was smart

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm amazed with how good Orton looks considering he obviously isn't 100% and hasn't taken a single practice snap all week.

He's a smart, tough guy, easy to root for. Good enough to get you to the playoffs when the OL is giving him 6 secs per dropback, defense is dealing and the receivers can turn small routes into big gains.

He is not nor never will be a championship QB though unfortunately

Taco John
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I don't know how anyone could disagree. It's not like there's anyone behind him to push for the starting role. It's not like we're going to dump him at the end of the season. He's our quarterback for the forseeable future. I have a hard time imagining a scenario where he's not our quarterback for at least the next two seasons.

UberBroncoMan
11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
And Chris Simms has no business being an NFL QB

Agreed. He just needs to retire and go into coaching with his buddy in Houston.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't know how anyone could disagree. It's not like there's anyone behind him to push for the starting role. It's not like we're going to dump him at the end of the season. He's our quarterback for the forseeable future. I have a hard time imagining a scenario where he's not our quarterback for at least the next two seasons.

Definitely for the next 2 years. He is the caretaker, nothing more.

The Joker
11-22-2009, 04:35 PM
If McDaniels really likes one of the QB's next year in the draft, I can see him spending our first round pick on him.

Orton can be tagged as a RFA and kept for very cheap to be the QB next year, giving the rookie a year to learn on the bench.

I like Orton, but his ceiling is low.

TheReverend
Whatever happens from here on out....this ****ing board will still raise my blood pressure.

Taking a couple steps back for a bit does a world of good. I've done it multiple times and am kinda doing the same right now.

SoCalBronco

I don't know about 2 years. My preference is to draft Jake Locker in the first round next year (it would be easier if we still had that other pick). Orton is easy to root for and a fighter and competitor, but still has substandard talent. Locker has a ton of talent and I think Josh could work wonders with him. Obviously, Orton will and should probably stil be here next year as the caretaker or transition guy to the next QB, but I can't agree that he should be our QB for the forseeable future. He's just a bridge to someone else.

Taco John
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
We're going to give Orton a contract at the end of the year that will probably be a 5 or 6 year deal and probably a $10 million signing bonus. Two years is an absolute minimum estimate. Three years is more probable.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I know you weren't shy about waving your little pom poms when the broncos rode the defense and a few lucky bounces to a 6-0 start...

And where were you during the 6-0 start?

The Joker
11-22-2009, 04:47 PM
We're going to give Orton a contract at the end of the year that will probably be a 5 or 6 year deal and probably a $10 million signing bonus. Two years is an absolute minimum estimate. Three years is more probable.

We'll make him a RFA I'd guess.

Cheaper, and we can see another year out of him before having to make a decision on him long term.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
And where were you during the 6-0 start?

Ive been here the whole time dude. No sense in talking about the QB when the team is rolling, but now that the facts have surfaced, it's not too early to begin talking about it.

I admit that I like Orton more than I thought I would, but he isn't the answer, and I've never been a fan of the dink/dunkathon.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Taking a couple steps back for a bit does a world of good. I've done it multiple times and am kinda doing the same right now.

good idea

Broncos4tw
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I've never been sold on Orton, and still am not. He is serviceable. That's it. Just because he is better than a truly awful Simms, doesn't make him a good QB. He is.. ok. He has not had a single play this year... not one.. where I went "holy crap!" He had a couple nice deep passes, but of course, the receivers had absolutely no one on them. He can't scramble, he is hurt, he is.. average. Why anyone would want to bank our future on this guy boggles the mind..

I have NO idea what's up with our defense. What a turnaround of the worst kind.

TonyR
11-22-2009, 05:00 PM
I admit that I like Orton more than I thought I would, but he isn't the answer, and I've never been a fan of the dink/dunkathon.

I don't disagree with any of this.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't disagree with any of this.

I am just a big fan of QB play, and it kills me to no end that this is the current state of affairs. The offense is 85% ferrari, but the engine is from a god damned ford fiesta

lostknight
11-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow. People proclaiming Orton the quarterback of the future on a day that we don't score even a single touchdown?

How ****ing stupid do you have to be?

This was a wretched performance by this team. Neither quarterback did anything to earn themselves a paycheck today. Orton proved Chicago's point - that he plays like crap when injured - and Simms proved why no one other then McDaniel's was willing to take a chance on him.

Let's face it. Right now unless something drastically changes, our season is over, with yet another missed post-season. You might as well root for the Rockies and nuggets, because they are the only team that consistently wins.

lostknight
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I am just a big fan of QB play, and it kills me to no end that this is the current state of affairs. The offense is 85% ferrari, but the engine is from a god damned ford fiesta

Before Jeremy Clarkson jumps in, I think that's unfair to the Fiesta. We traded in the Mustang for one of them economical Japanese cars and were sold a Prius, but all we got was a rusted decrepit Geo Metro. Useless, Soulless, and boring.

BossChief
11-22-2009, 05:08 PM

I would think it depends on how the season ends. I would be surprised if his agent would take a low ball offer if they win 10 games and make the playoffs for the first time since 2005. I think that if they make the playoffs and dont get beat in an embarrassing loss, he gets a deal comparable to Cassels. I could be wrong.

orinjkrush
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
if we brought back Jake, we would be almost there...

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
haha. He's a college quarterback not equipped to play in the NFL. He's lucky to be our starting quarterback next year. And given his INT stats, luck is definitely in his favor.

HEAV
11-22-2009, 05:57 PM
A healthy Orton beats the Redskins and the Chargers. This franchise can win and will win with Kyle Orton as the starting quarterback for years to come. Just need to Knowson to stop fumbling, get bigger on the O-line and find one more playmaker at WR.

Defense needs bigger up front and a year to grow in the 3-4.

But Kyle Orton is our quarterback. If you don't like it then maybe time to move on and find a new team.

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
A healthy Orton beats the Redskins and the Chargers. This franchise can win and will win with Kyle Orton as the starting quarterback for years to come. Just need to Knowson to stop fumbling, get bigger on the O-line and find one more playmaker at WR.

But Kyle Orton is our quarterback. If you don't like it then maybe time to move on and find a new team.

Holy crap, I hope you are wrong. Plummer was way better than Orton is today. I'll never stop backing the Broncs, but Orton "for years to come" will suck ***.

colonelbeef
11-22-2009, 06:00 PM

If you think WR is a weak spot, You just don't understand what you are watching on offense.

Orton NEVER hits anyone in stride, and he continuously puts players into spots where they are going to get absolutely demolished by leading them into defensive backs. WR and TE are probably the #1 and #2 most talented positions on the entire roster. Funny how they weren't the problem last year.

SoCalBronco
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM

He's our quarterback, for now. And he deserves to be our quarterback for now. After the season, nothing's guaranteed or set in stone. Orton is a gamer and has moxie, but he has limitations. He doesn't have alot of skill or mobility. He doesn't scare, anyone. He does have alot of heart and grit and usually makes smart decisions. I would like to see Josh be able to work with a stud. Look what he did with Orton. He made him serviceable. If he could work with a kid that oozes talent, he'd turn him into a flat out monster. That's why I badly want Jake Locker. It would be rough in the beginning because's he's still raw, but he is so talented in all aspects. He'd ****ing rape the Chargers with Josh's QB coaching. He'd ****ing rape the whole division.

We need to get Jake Locker, Josh.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/images/photos/2007/10/09/izlz5uux.jpg

HEAV
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Holy crap, I hope you are wrong. Plummer was way better than Orton is today. I'll never stop backing the Broncs, but Orton "for years to come" will suck ***.

Like I said "Get a new team"

The minute Kyle came into the game he drove the team to the goal line, only to have Knowshon fumble away a TD.

Kyle showed last week that he can throw the deep base. The deep pass is not the bread & butter of this style of offense. The deep pass is to needed to keep safety's deeper, but this offense is about the MID-range pass and that something Orton does great.

Some just want a big arm QB back there and we had that the last few years and how many playoff games did we see?

Kyle isn't Peyton or Elway, Marino... (enter great QB name) But he's effective and can lead. What is needed is a bigger line, one more play maker, and a Knowshon to put it all together. Also some injury good luck/ no injuries to key people will be a huge plus.

lostknight
11-22-2009, 06:10 PM

What a jackass defense. It's my way, or you can't be a fan?

Orton has done noting to prove that he has the ability to be a top quarterback in this league. The defense made him look brilliant in the first six games, but as soon as they started having problems he folded like a Senator from Louisiana.

HEAV
11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
If you think WR is a weak spot, You just don't understand what you are watching on offense.

Orton NEVER hits anyone in stride, and he continuously puts players into spots where they are going to get absolutely demolished by leading them into defensive backs. WR and TE are probably the #1 and #2 most talented positions on the entire roster. Funny how they weren't the problem last year.

You sir are full of ****! Have been for months.

HEAV
11-22-2009, 06:12 PM
He's our quarterback, for now. And he deserves to be our quarterback for now. After the season, nothing's guaranteed or set in stone. Orton is a gamer and has moxie, but he has limitations. He doesn't have alot of skill or mobility. He doesn't scare, anyone. He does have alot of heart and grit and usually makes smart decisions. I would like to see Josh be able to work with a stud. Look what he did with Orton. He made him serviceable. If he could work with a kid that oozes talent, he'd turn him into a flat out monster. That's why I badly want Jake Locker. It would be rough in the beginning because's he's still raw, but he is so talented in all aspects. He'd ****ing rape the Chargers with Josh's QB coaching. He'd ****ing rape the whole division.

Sorry SoCal but the draft will be about the LINES and getting bigger.

broncos-rock
11-22-2009, 06:14 PM
What scares me about Orton is the 5 yd and 10 yd quick outs that he just doesnt get it there quick enough. If San Diegos cb could catch your looking at a much bigger blow out unfortunately.

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Like I said "Get a new team"

The minute Kyle came into the game he drove the team to the goal line, only to have Knowshon fumble away a TD.

Kyle showed last week that he can throw the deep base. The deep pass is not the bread & butter of this style of offense. The deep pass is to needed to keep safety's deeper, but this offense is about the MID-range pass and that something Orton does great.

Some just want a big arm QB back there and we had that the last few years and how many playoff games did we see?

Kyle isn't Peyton or Elway, Marino... (enter great QB name) But he's effective and can lead. What is needed is a bigger line, one more play maker, and a Knowshon to put it all together. Also some injury good luck/ no injuries to key people will be a huge plus.

I agree with the heart, leadership part of Orton but he is AVERAGE. Rudy Rueuttiger had a big heart too. Big deal. Our bottom 3rd O stats are because of him and McD not our o-line. Your "build a fortress" around Orton philosophy is backwards. The Broncos should never settle for an average quarterback.

lostknight
Kyle isn't Peyton or Elway, Marino... (enter great QB name) But he's effective and can lead.

In what world is he effective? Narnia? Middle Earth? The mirror universe in Star Trek?

This team isn't even in the top half of passing YPG, general YPG, scoring tds, receving tds.

Has he shown signs of life last week and this week? Yes, as McDaniels finally let him throw downfield. But has this loosing of restrictions led to a offensive explosion?

No. Just a implosion.

SoCalBronco
Sorry SoCal but the draft will be about the LINES and getting bigger.

We can do both. Remember, its not necessarily a certainty that they have to outside the roster for the LG.....they are high on Olsen. I do agree that they do need to draft some linemen, though. We've got some picks to do that. There's enough to go around. If we spent the 1st on QB (Locker) and devoted basically the rest of the draft to LG/C/3-4 DL, I don't think anyone would have a problem. There's enough ammo to address alot of things, Frank (although I wish we still had that other first).

McDman
11-22-2009, 06:17 PM

I've been wondering where you and BroncosWarrior have been, it hasn't been nearly as exciting around here with out you guys.

HEAV
11-22-2009, 06:18 PM
What a jackass defense. It's my way, or you can't be a fan?

Orton has done noting to prove that he has the ability to be a top quarterback in this league. The defense made him look brilliant in the first six games, but as soon as they started having problems he folded like a Senator from Louisiana.

It's just a piece of advise to people. If you hate the team now, then move on and save yourself the grief.

Ratboy
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't think he's our future, but he is the best thing we have right now and he gives us the best chance to win.

elsid13
11-22-2009, 06:20 PM

Locker is top 5 pick, I don't we even have a chance at him. Better hope someone like Hiller shows up and make McDaniels think he has chance to be good.

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't think he's our future, but he is the best thing we have right now and he gives us the best chance to win.

Yeah right. Him and our average 17 points a game give us the best chance to win. That's an empty statement.

Your logic works if we're playing the Lions or Redskins. No wait...it doesn't.

Jason in LA
11-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Future, as in the rest of this year? Yes. Hopefully not too much longer after that.

Ratboy
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Locker?

Every video I watched of him, he runs.

Ratboy
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah right. Him and our average 17 points a game give us the best chance to win. That's an empty statement.

Your logic works if we're playing the Lions or Redskins. No wait...it doesn't.

You believe Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater could do better?

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
You believe Chris Simms or Tom Brandstater could do better?

Nope. But all three DO NOT "give us a best chance to win".

We're mediocre on offense at best and that is a fact. Actually we're worst than mediocre. You can not win with mediocre. See last year when we had a better offense.

Ratboy
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Nope. But all three DO NOT "give us a best chance to win".

We're mediocre on offense at best and that is a fact. Actually we're worst than mediocre. You can not win with mediocre. See last year when we had a better offense.

You tool.

"but he is the best thing we have right now and he gives us the best chance to win."

I am obviously talking about the team. If I had the choice I would like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to run this team, but since they are employed by different teams, they do not give us any chance to win.

Orton gives us the best chance out of Simms/Brandstater.

Is that clear?

orangemonkey
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
You tool.

"but he is the best thing we have right now and he gives us the best chance to win."

I am obviously talking about the team. If I had the choice I would like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady to run this team, but since they are employed by different teams, they do not give us any chance to win.

Orton gives us the best chance out of Simms/Brandstater.

Is that clear?

Ok smart guy. Now that you break it down for simpletons like me, I completely understand and your revelation will benefit everyone on this board greatly. Thank you sir genius for your wisdom.

KipCorrington25
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Orton is about as mediocre as you can get and if he is anything more than a stop gap for a season or two it's only going to get worse.

rastaman
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Isn't it amazing what a lead blocking full back can do for your running attack. Hint....hint, I'd like to see Moreno run more from an I-formation/zone blocking scheme. Just a thought.

Rigs11
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Where the hell was this beefcake poster when we were winning?

Atwater His Ass
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Where the hell was this beefcake poster when we were winning?

Continuing to point out these exact same concerns while people like you too blinded by lucky plays and stellar defense to listen.

Now the luck is gone and the defense is back to earth. In it's defense, the offense hasn't changed much from week 1. It's been pretty abysmal the entire season.

Rigs11
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Continuing to point out these exact same concerns while people like you too blinded by lucky plays and stellar defense to listen.

Now the luck is gone and the defense is back to earth. In it's defense, the offense hasn't changed much from week 1. It's been pretty abysmal the entire season.

I've seen you posting alot lately too.You love losing don't you?What lucky plays? the bengals game?The defense has been giving up massive yards on the ground you don't think that has an effect on our wins?

Lolad
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
if Orton plays more than 2 years it's because we couldn't take a QB since McD gave away our 1st rd pick for a CB who isn't even seeing the field and was demoted because a washed up CB is better then him