PDA

View Full Version : One bright thing if Simms get the start.

Quoydogs
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
McD is very good at working towards a QB strength. I'm sure there style of play is quite different. This could be quite the advantage. I mean you can't game plan for a QB that has not played in years right.

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Not when the 'new style' is characterized by interceptions and incompletions. :)

Beantown Bronco
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 02:31 PM

broncocalijohn
11-20-2009, 02:34 PM
When you need to look for some positives that could be at least one (maybe the only one). He also has had one full week of taking snaps with the number one unit. If he starts (and it looks like he is), I dont have us winning. I will watch and support him and the Broncos but I cannot see us winning based on what I have seen from the half he played. I think if we keep going 3 and out, our defense cannot sustain the need to go 100% against a good team. I hope McDaniels has a surprise game plan that finds his strengths and can win with it. How many strengths is the question. So far, I bet not too many. We need ST to step up too. Last time, they allowed a TD (even though we got two on our own). This wont be totally on Simms, but it starts with him.

crawdad
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
I would not count Simms out. This kid may surprise all!

HAT
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Simms will be just fine.

Pick Six
11-20-2009, 02:47 PM
The Chargers can't gameplan for Simms, and he DOES have legitimate NFL starting QB experience. Besides, McDaniels said that Orton and Simms were neck-and-neck throughout training camp. I believe the Son of Phil will do just fine...

Dagmar
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I would not count Simms out. This kid may surprise all!

Like a certain Kyle Orton?

Chris
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
I think he will play a lot better than many expect. Certainly a lot better than last week.

strafen
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
He can't be any worse than Orton, that's for sure!

Killericon
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, he'll play to Simms' strengths by running the ball 75% of the time.

DBroncos4life
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I guess we should bring in Jeff George then. I mean how long do you think Chargers coaching staff would be looking for a working player to play the last known game film of him on?

NYBronco
11-20-2009, 03:01 PM
After his performance last week I'm not too excited to see him start vs SD. But, all things considered in what he has gone through in his career I hope for both Simms and the Broncos he finds a way to become successful. Obviously, I hope this weekend is his first step on getting back.

Paladin
11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Jesus. What a bunch of Debbie Downers......

There is no Broncos' spirit on this board. Half the idiots make fun of the spleen thing which is less troublesome than diabetes, and does not effect the players' performance at all. But no, there has to be a "cutsie" reference to it. What a douche.

And the sac-dragging, smartarsed defeatist comments are pathetic.

This board is weighted down by such nonsense, and I see this board as crashiing soon because of the dumbed down postings.....

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 03:24 PM

There is no Broncos' spirit on this board. Half the idiots make fun of the spleen thing which is less troublesome than diabetes, and does not effect the players' performance at all. But no, there has to be a "cutsie" reference to it. What a douche.

This board is weighted down by such nonsense, and I see this board as crashiing soon because of the dumbed down postings.....

Sometimes it's just Friday and you want to have some fun, so:
1. "Lighten up Francis" and
2. Go douche yourself for your negativity- sometimes its ok to have some fun and use some humor - it's Friday.
3. What's so "defeatist" about making a joke about Orton's neckbeard, Simms' spleen, or calling McDaniels any "hoodie" name you can think of? It's just a little fun, and it doesn't make anyone "less of a fan" or "dumbed down."

BTW - I'm probably the only guy here that's inviting Chargers fans over to my house this weekend for some smackdown.

Simms or Orton - i'm all in. You need a beer or something, its Friday for God's sake...

Chris
11-20-2009, 03:25 PM

I agree... but name a better board.

Popps
11-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd look for a lot more play-action and drop-back passing plays to be called with Simms. I'm not sure he's very efficient out of the gun. .

I was optimistic on him in the preseason, but not so much after last week. It's just one game, but that was particularly horrid. If he even comes back to have an average game, it'll feel like a miracle after that performance.

DenverBrit
11-20-2009, 03:31 PM
It's SOB's fault! ;)

Hulamau
11-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Id love to see him toss 4 TDs no INTs or Fumbles and 350 yards passing tack on two rushing TDs by Knowshon and another kick return by Eddie with a cherry on top!

Have the Chuggers singing KomByYah around their bench by end of the 3rd quarter and packing it in ... as long as we're wishin!

bfoflcommish
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM

still trying to hang onto that angle huh.

oubronco
11-20-2009, 03:55 PM
yeah, he'll play to simms' strengths by running the ball 75% of the time.

woohoo ;d

Pony Boy
11-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Chris Sims come out of the closet....

http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/08/chris-simms-comes-out-of-closet.html

broncos-rock
11-20-2009, 03:59 PM

Amen......Brother!!!!:strong:

crawdad
11-20-2009, 04:02 PM
Chris Sims come out of the closet....

http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/08/chris-simms-comes-out-of-closet.html

This has got to be a joke!

Pony Boy
11-20-2009, 04:07 PM
This has got to be a joke!

They did get each otherís initials tattooed on their legs while they played at Texas.......

Broncomutt
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I'd like to have hope for Simms but the truth is he was unprepared last week and it was evident to me, to his teammates, to the Redskins, to the media, to my dead grandmother, et al.

He has one job. Be Prepared! He didn't just fail, he wasn't even prepared to compete.

I can forgive a poor performance due to rust, bad luck, or general overall suckiness. I can forgive that his timing isn't quite there with first team units. I can even forgive a little bit of timidity, especially playing a second half against a physical defense.

But not total incompetence due to lack of preparation.

The Redskins took one look at Simms and smelt blood in the water. The blood is still there. I think the Chargers defense were drooling over film of Simms last week.

I also believe were going to need 30 or more points to win this. If so, you think Simms has 30+ in him? :homer:

EDIT: And if I see that POS giggling on the sidelines again while we're getting ripped apart......:cuss:

BroncoMan4ever
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM

And the winner of douchebag post of the day, DRAGSTER69

Take a bow and revel in your incompetence.

Kid A
11-20-2009, 04:21 PM

Maybe Simms can take some inspiration from Peter Forsberg, who was incredible for a couple years post-spleen.

Tombstone RJ
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Now's the time for McD to unleash some more Wild Horse offense. I think Simms is more mobil than Orton.

kamakazi_kal
11-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Simms was thrown to the wolves last week. We should get a better look with a week of gameplanning to his strong points and getting all the reps in practice.

Quoydogs
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Well in preseason it looked like he had a stronger arm then Orton. So maybe we will take some shots down the field. My money is on a pass happy attack only because the chuggers are going to be thinking RUN RUN RUN as the rest of us do.

On the running note, how much does it mess with the RB when the QB is a lefty?

Oh and do you think they will move Clady to RT because this is now his blind side?

SJ Bronco
11-20-2009, 08:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jHPOzQzk9Qo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Life of Brian is the best one of their flicks....has anyone gone to see spamalot? I know it's off topic, but I wonder if it's any good?

DBroncos4life
11-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Simms was thrown to the wolves last week. We should get a better look with a week of gameplanning to his strong points and getting all the reps in practice.

How come you hear every back up QB say, "I think of myself as the starter and when my time comes I will be ready".

**** man Cassel comes of the bench and completes 13 of 18 for 152 yards and a TD. That was his first real action since HS. The only excuse Simms has is he is horrible.

broncocalijohn
11-20-2009, 09:50 PM

dumbed down responses are based on a dumbed down QB. We didnt see this bad from Orton before he started on his tear of being a good QB. Add that Simms hasnt started in a long time makes us doubtful. Sure he can improve with each game that he is asked to play but we are talking about this next game and it isnt against a bad team like the Chiefs.

BroncoMan4ever
11-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Now's the time for McD to unleash some more Wild Horse offense. I think Simms is more mobil than Orton.

awesome, we get the added bonus of seeing interceptions thrown while on the run as well as from the pocket with Simms.

BroncoMan4ever
11-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Well in preseason it looked like he had a stronger arm then Orton. So maybe we will take some shots down the field. My money is on a pass happy attack only because the chuggers are going to be thinking RUN RUN RUN as the rest of us do.

On the running note, how much does it mess with the RB when the QB is a lefty?

Oh and do you think they will move Clady to RT because this is now his blind side?

yeah he looked decent going against scrubs that either are backups on their current teams or are out of the league looking for work.

HorseHead
11-21-2009, 05:21 AM
Maybe it's me, but I think Simms steps up Sunday, that being said, we need the D to revert back to where it was a month ago. Also, my meds are kicking in, so everything is cool...

long beach bronco
11-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Simms knows he owes this franchise and the fans an apology for not being prepared last week. That being said, I think he comes out and destroys the Chargers in a big win this Sunday. It will be so impressive that McD will keep Orton on the bench for the short week to heal his ankle and Simms will impress again against the Gmen, then we will have a huge good to have problem with who to start, that is my prediction.

errand
11-21-2009, 06:59 AM
I'm thinking the best thing about Simms starting this week is that we'll know for sure if he's an NFL QB or not. His last performance have left many people scratching their heads in wonder.

I hope he plays better with the increased reps he received this week....

errand
11-21-2009, 07:08 AM
then we will have a huge good to have problem with who to start, that is my prediction.

QB controversies are never good. The is no upside to them. If you want to have an open competition for the job, then training camp/pre-season is when you have it...not during the regular season.

azbroncfan
11-21-2009, 09:02 AM
A good thing is it will stop the Posters who have been wanting to see him start over Orton.

uplink
11-22-2009, 03:55 AM
I guess we should bring in Jeff George then. I mean how long do you think Chargers coaching staff would be looking for a working player to play the last known game film of him on?

Doesn't he start for the Bears?

uplink
11-22-2009, 04:03 AM
Another positive of getting Simms on the field means the coaches will see he can't play in the NFL quicker and promote Brandstarter to 2nd string plus bring in another QB with some NFL talent.

Should have tried to get David Carr during the off-season IMO.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">