PDA

View Full Version : Hate to say it but.....

Crushisback
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
If Orton misses this game we will be eating leftover turkey watching Simms as our QB. If Orton can't go in a game of this importance he will most certainly miss a non-conference game just 4 days later.

God I hope he plays Sunday.

oubronco
11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Just chill out and wait till gameday McD isn't going to give the Chargers anything to go by

Crushisback
11-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I am chill bro. I guess it's not cool to hope our starting QB plays in a huge game.

cutthemdown
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
with a week of practice, sort of a middle of the road charger defense, I bet Simms will look much better if he has to play.

Washington actually has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.

Ramathorn
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
People dont just magically go from looking like horse**** one week to playing good football the next week because of a few practices. either you got it or you dont. Simms looks gunshy after what happened to him in tampa. We are done if her starts.

dbfan4life
11-19-2009, 04:23 PM
People dont just magically go from looking like horse**** one week to playing good football the next week because of a few practices. either you got it or you dont. Simms looks gunshy after what happened to him in tampa. We are done if her starts.

Well not magically. We forget that Simms has not played a down of real football in 2 yrs. If he's getting work with the 1's, he'll be better prepared if he has to go. No way anyone can be that bad 2 wks in a row!

broncofan
11-19-2009, 04:25 PM
we've been critical of our potential to win since mcdaniels took over...i'm going to wait and see how Simms looks after a week of getting all the reps before passing judgement.

Hogan11
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
with a week of practice, sort of a middle of the road charger defense, I bet Simms will look much better if he has to play.

Washington actually has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.

I'm hoping you're right. This and his pre-season performance, somewhat gives me hope for surprising a (probably) over-confident Chargers team and pulling out the win.

cutthemdown
11-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm not saying Simms can take on Rivers though. IMO Broncos will need 2-3 really big plays to win this game. Sack fumble, defensive score, kick return, long pass to marshall, whatever combo they will need it.

I just don't see them driving down the field methodically enought to beat Rivers and the high powered Chargers offense.

I knew when rivers praised us and said Broncos not going away was his way of cursing us. Unfortunately they use up mojo to beat us and never get it done in playoffs or superbowl.

Man we need this win something fierce.

Archer81
11-19-2009, 05:44 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I posted this in another thread, but its appropriate here, as well...

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Well not magically. We forget that Simms has not played a down of real football in 2 yrs. If he's getting work with the 1's, he'll be better prepared if he has to go. No way anyone can be that bad 2 wks in a row!

the fact that he hasn;t started in a few years keeps getting brought up, but last time he did start he wasn't exactly great. so it isn't like he is a great QB who was shaking off rust last week. he is a mediocre QB that is also rusty

we are ****ed if he can't go on Sunday.

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm not saying Simms can take on Rivers though. IMO Broncos will need 2-3 really big plays to win this game. Sack fumble, defensive score, kick return, long pass to marshall, whatever combo they will need it.

I just don't see them driving down the field methodically enought to beat Rivers and the high powered Chargers offense.

I knew when rivers praised us and said Broncos not going away was his way of cursing us. Unfortunately they use up mojo to beat us and never get it done in playoffs or superbowl.

Man we need this win something fierce.

time to break out Hillis. if Simms plays, Hillis needs to be a big part of the game plan. we need efficient passes out of the backfield. that is a very strong part of Hillis game, passes out of the backfield, he and Moreno should be in for a heavy workload especially if Simms starts.

cutthemdown
11-19-2009, 07:17 PM
time to break out Hillis. if Simms plays, Hillis needs to be a big part of the game plan. we need efficient passes out of the backfield. that is a very strong part of Hillis game, passes out of the backfield, he and Moreno should be in for a heavy workload especially if Simms starts.

Chargers will be crashing the short stuff. To win Broncos will have to be able to run the ball down there throats, then take some shots down the field.

I don't think the short passing game will get it done.

We gotta run the ball, control the clock. Somehow we have to get that.

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Chargers will be crashing the short stuff. To win Broncos will have to be able to run the ball down there throats, then take some shots down the field.

I don't think the short passing game will get it done.

We gotta run the ball, control the clock. Somehow we have to get that.

i agree running is going to be a necessity, but with Simms, he doesn't have the ability, or timing with the receivers down to go deep with the ball, so short passes are going to be a staple for the game. and if Orton plays, to better protect him i don't see him standing in the pocket for longer periods of time to allow deeper routes to develop. short passes are going to be used often regardless of who starts.

Los Broncos
11-19-2009, 08:04 PM
We could be looking at a five game losing streak a week from now.

Broncos4Life
11-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Just chill out and wait till gameday McD isn't going to give the Chargers anything to go by

Well he sure isnt giving Orton anything to go by either with all the reps going to super Simms. I'll be taking the wife and baby to Mt. Lemon all day. No point in watching this ship sink for 3 hours. Plus the nuclear meltdown here about how bad Simms is and how long its been since we've had a legit backup QB.

Broncos4Life
11-19-2009, 10:10 PM
We could be looking at a five game losing streak a week from now. Well if Simms has to be the loser there, I at least say we give Brandstater a chance for Turkey day if Orton is still down. I know it was only preseason, but I have a feelin that Brandstater might have "it". ****, anything is better than Simms at this point. Wonder if Rod would come back to QB...... Didn't he do it in college?

strafen
11-19-2009, 10:25 PM
If Orton misses this game we will be eating leftover turkey watching Simms as our QB. If Orton can't go in a game of this importance he will most certainly miss a non-conference game just 4 days later.

God I hope he plays Sunday.

Let Simms play and see where he is after a week of practice with the first team.
Oh, and relax, Orton is not that good of a QB to be alarmed about him not playing.
Give me a freakin' break!

cutthemdown
11-19-2009, 10:52 PM
i agree running is going to be a necessity, but with Simms, he doesn't have the ability, or timing with the receivers down to go deep with the ball, so short passes are going to be a staple for the game. and if Orton plays, to better protect him i don't see him standing in the pocket for longer periods of time to allow deeper routes to develop. short passes are going to be used often regardless of who starts.

Well nowhere is accuracy and timing more important then in the short game. So I have to disagree. IMO if you can get a 1-1 deep down the field thats the easiest throw to make. With Marshall out there you throw it up high to him.

I think to do that though we have to hit Sheff, Graham, short over the middle, we have to run the ball at least 4 yrds a carry. That will suck the safety's in and give Simms so shots.

CHargers though may just throw the house at him and see what happens. In that case he will have to make the quick read, and the short throw like your gameplan was calling for.

It will be up to Broncos oline. If they get it done we can win.

watermock
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Best chance is to toss it BM hope IMO.(as long as it's not 15 yards off target.)

In all fairness, he was bracketed.

But if he gets single, heave it up!

lazarus4444
11-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Just run the damn ball!

watermock
11-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Just run the damn ball!

Problem is is the same as the short passing game.SD will have 8 in the box unless we go 3 wide.

Los Broncos
11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Well if Simms has to be the loser there, I at least say we give Brandstater a chance for Turkey day if Orton is still down. I know it was only preseason, but I have a feelin that Brandstater might have "it". ****, anything is better than Simms at this point. Wonder if Rod would come back to QB...... Didn't he do it in college?

Yeah like Rod is ready to step right in.

If Simms fails this week and Orton is still out, you have to at least consider Brandstater for the NY game I would think.

watermock
11-19-2009, 11:38 PM
It's the same reason we won't see Hillis or Baker, Smith, Ayers or JMFW out there.

The Boy Genius doesn't have Elway to pull his ass out of the fire.

We somehow win, we are in the drivers seat. Lose, we probably see the biggest collapse in Bronco history.

ant1999e
11-20-2009, 07:15 AM

Seriously, give it up already. Every week we hear this Hillis crap. Unless Moreno, Buck are Jordan injured, Hillis is a non issue. You really think what we need is MORE passes out of the backfield? That's 50% of our playbook so far.

Beantown Bronco
11-20-2009, 07:32 AM

And we could be very easily looking at a two game winning streak, with an 8-3 record, and essentially a second bye week a week from now.

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 07:58 AM
and we could be very easily looking at a two game winning streak, with an 8-3 record, and essentially a second bye week a week from now.

yaaaa-yah!

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 08:04 AM
yaaaa-yah!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

ant1999e
11-20-2009, 08:08 AM
Oooooh Kaaaaaay!

Los Broncos
11-20-2009, 10:45 AM
And we could be very easily looking at a two game winning streak, with an 8-3 record, and essentially a second bye week a week from now.

True but deep in your heart do you think that will be the case?

lex
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
It will be interestng to see what happens if Simms plays after being coached up for a week.

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 11:01 AM
It will be interestng to see what happens if Simms plays after being coached up for a week.

I don't think you can coach away that turd he laid on the field last Sunday, but yes it will be interesting.

I'll probably have more choice words than "interesting" on Sunday, but I''ll wait and see I guess.

lex
11-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't think you can coach away that turd he laid on the field last Sunday, but yes it will be interesting.

I'll probably have more choice words than "interesting" on Sunday, but I''ll wait and see I guess.

???

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 11:07 AM
???

I don't think his QB rating is going to go from 7 to 150 because he took reps with the starters this week. You can only coach the guy so much.

BroncoBuff
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks ....

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/Debbie_Downer.jpg

Beantown Bronco
11-20-2009, 11:10 AM
True but deep in your heart do you think that will be the case?

In my head and my heart, I think there's a better chance of them winning both games than losing both games.

Broncos4tw
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Yea, he will be better. I mean.. it's almost impossible to be worse. : p

And I don't see how Orton could possibly get a start against the Chargers.

Beantown Bronco
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
A local Denver TV station interviewed Barrel Man about attending his final game at Mile High this Sunday and this is what he had to say, "I just want to see Rivers eat Mile High dirt!"

Now I know the Broncos are going to win this weekend. There's no way they can lose the last game Barrel Man attends in person.

crawdad
11-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Now I know the Broncos are going to win this weekend. There's no way they can lose the last game Barrel Man attends in person.

Rep to that!

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 11:53 AM
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

No love for Lil John?

Lil John gets hired by every rapper in the biz to yell "YEAH," but phonetically you would have to say "yaaaah-yah" or something like that.

The fact that I have to explain the humor probably means it missed the mark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGmjVuvTc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGmjVuvTc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Los Broncos
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
In my head and my heart, I think there's a better chance of them winning both games than losing both games.

I see us getting killed Sunday and winning Thursday.

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
No love for Lil John?

Lil John gets hired by every rapper in the biz to yell "YEAH," but phonetically you would have to say "yaaaah-yah" or something like that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGmjVuvTc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HGmjVuvTc0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My post

______

You

LRtagger
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
No love for Lil John?

LMAO are you serious? Hilarious!

Broncos123
11-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Or a two game winning streak!

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 01:35 PM
My post

______

You

My post

was a response

to Beantown's post

that we will win the next two games.

"yaaaaaaaa-yah"

Ambiguous
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
My post

was a response

to Beantown's post

that we will win the next two games.

"yaaaaaaaa-yah"

(Facepalm)

Los Broncos
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Or a two game winning streak!

That's what I hope for.

NYBronco
11-20-2009, 02:22 PM
It's the same reason we won't see Hillis or Baker, Smith, Ayers or JMFW out there.

The Boy Genius doesn't have Elway to pull his ass out of the fire.

We somehow win, we are in the drivers seat. Lose, we probably see the biggest collapse in Bronco history.

What are you talking about "the biggest collapse in Broncos history"? Forgive me Mr Elway... but some of the Broncos biggest collapses in their history came in Elway QBed SB appearances.

McDaniels has been and continues to rebuild this team.

LRtagger
11-20-2009, 04:26 PM
(facepalm)

:rofl: