PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Simms' Speculation

Smiling Assassin27
11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Simms takes snaps with starters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Chris Simms was taking snaps with the Denver Broncos' starters again Thursday.

That makes it increasingly likely that Simms will start against San Diego on Sunday in place of Kyle Orton, who sprained his left ankle last week against Washington.

Coach Josh McDaniels said Orton was feeling better, but Simms was the one under center during the portion of practice open to the media Thursday.

Simms hasn't started a game since Sept. 24, 2006, when he played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was battered so badly by the Carolina Panthers that he needed emergency surgery to remove his spleen.

dbfan4life
11-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Deception by McD or is Orton that hurt? Hmmm...

ColoradoBuff
11-19-2009, 04:02 PM
deception!

Archer81
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I am leaning more towards deception.

Shenanigans will soon ensue.

:Broncos:

pink_feet
11-19-2009, 04:13 PM
At the expense of not letting Orton to practice?
Doesn't make sense.

Ambiguous
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
At the expense of not letting Orton to practice?
Doesn't make sense.

This, plenty of wishful thinking going on around here.

Sorry folks, looks like he is starting. This is going to get messy.

barryr
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Could be deception since it stated that the part of practice open to the public, Simms was the QB, but who knows what was happening during the practice that was closed.

mwill07
11-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Orton healthy or not, it's clear that Simms needs more reps regardless of who starts. Even if Orton starts, there's no guarantee that he doesn't aggravate the injury and Simms doesn't end up coming in anyways, so might as well try to get him caught up.

Ambiguous
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know how long the media gets to see practice? Someone said they thought it was 10-15 minutes, but if it's any sizable amount of time I can't imagine it would be worth it.

NYBronco
11-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Simms takes snaps with starters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Chris Simms was taking snaps with the Denver Broncos' starters again Thursday.

That makes it increasingly likely that Simms will start against San Diego on Sunday in place of Kyle Orton, who sprained his left ankle last week against Washington.

Coach Josh McDaniels said Orton was feeling better, but Simms was the one under center during the portion of practice open to the media Thursday.

Simms hasn't started a game since Sept. 24, 2006, when he played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was battered so badly by the Carolina Panthers that he needed emergency surgery to remove his spleen.

When the open to the media practice is over which QB is taking the snaps?

I am now believing Simms will be our starting QB Sunday vs the chargers.

Archer81
11-19-2009, 06:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Broncos4tw
11-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Deception? Are you kidding me? If Orton could be out there, he would. He wouldn't try some lame "trick" for a day, so Orton gets one whole day less of practice in the biggest game in his short career here.

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Could be deception since it stated that the part of practice open to the public, Simms was the QB, but who knows what was happening during the practice that was closed.

i agree. let the media report that Simms is starting for us getting all the reps so that SD can practice to contain him, and let Orton get his reps when the practice is closed to the media.

also, even if Orton starts, it is a smart move to make sure Simms has a good amount of reps in case Orton aggravates the injury and needs to sit.

broncofan2438
11-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Simms sucks

Archer81
11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Simms sucks

What an elaborate, erudite, well constructed thought...thanks for contributing...

BlaK-Argentina
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
What an elaborate, erudite, well constructed thought...thanks for contributing...

Well, he's right you know...

BlaK-Argentina
11-19-2009, 09:42 PM
i agree. let the media report that Simms is starting for us getting all the reps so that SD can practice to contain him, and let Orton get his reps when the practice is closed to the media.

also, even if Orton starts, it is a smart move to make sure Simms has a good amount of reps in case Orton aggravates the injury and needs to sit.

I think that's wishful thinking. (and I'm right there with you!) It's not like SD is going to worry too much about Simms or Orton playing. Neither QB is really a threat either way. How much different would their gameplan be?

Archer81
11-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Well, he's right you know...

We'll see.

watermock
11-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Neckbeard knows the plays, they are just nursing it. No reason to aggrivate it, and no reason not for Simms to take the snaps.

So much for a TB reincarnation tho.

Gametime decision.

BlaK-Argentina
11-19-2009, 10:16 PM
We'll see.

I hope YOU are right.

Archer81
11-19-2009, 11:11 PM
I hope YOU are right.

So do I.

BigPlayShay
11-19-2009, 11:17 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2008/football/nfl/specials/playoffs/2007/01/22/Brady.cast/t1-brady2.jpg:stirstir:

Hulamau
11-20-2009, 12:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/barLaHrtvoM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Remember those days

watermock
11-20-2009, 12:57 AM
RU a chick?

BroncoMan4ever
11-20-2009, 01:57 AM
I think that's wishful thinking. (and I'm right there with you!) It's not like SD is going to worry too much about Simms or Orton playing. Neither QB is really a threat either way. How much different would their gameplan be?

big difference. last week showed that if you give Orton time for routes to develop he can go deep with accuracy. Simms showed he sucked with pressure or no pressure.

HorseHead
11-20-2009, 03:22 AM
Maybe the Chuggers will lay an egg and make it easy for us..."Dear Santa..."

cmhargrove
11-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Orton was actually practicing in McD's new underground bunker.

Total smoke job.

bfoflcommish
11-20-2009, 08:08 AM
klis was on 1510 this morning saying Broncos knew orton wouldnt practice wed/thurs, they fully exepct him to practice today and he believes will be starting sunday

Dagmar
11-20-2009, 08:12 AM
klis was on 1510 this morning saying Broncos knew orton wouldnt practice wed/thurs, they fully exepct him to practice today and he believes will be starting sunday

I figure I'll know Sunday. Till then I am gonna stick to being sensible.

Voodoo, praying to the jewish zombie, sun worshipping etc...