PDA

View Full Version : Broncos ProBowl voting.

HEAV
11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Yesterday we told you Champ Bailey is the only Bronco leading his position group in Pro Bowl voting for the AFC squad.

Well now we know that six more Broncos are in the top five in their position group.

As you know, Bailey is the No. 1 cornerback. Brian Dawkins is the No. 2 strong safety, behind Pittsburgh’s Troy Polamalu, and Elvis Dumervil is the No. 2 outside linebacker, behind Pittsburgh’s James Harrison.

Eddie Royal is the No. 3 kick returner, behind San Diego’s Darren Sproles and Cleveland’s Joshua Cribbs.

Ryan Clady is the No. 5 tackle, behind Miami’s Jake Long, New England’s Matt Light, Pittsburgh’s Max Starks and Indianapolis’ Ryan Diem.

D.J. Williams is the No. 5 inside linebacker, behind Baltimore’s Ray Lewis, Pittsburgh’s James Farrior, New York’s Bart Scott, and New England’s Jerod Mayo.

Matt Prater is the No. 5 kicker, behind Indianapolis’ Adam Vinatieri, New England’s Stephen Gostkowski, Pittsburgh’s Jeff Reed and San Diego’s Nate Kaeding.

So as we told you yesterday, keep voting. Fan voting doesn’t end until December 21st at the conclusion of that evening’s Monday Night Football game. Still plenty of time to make sure deserving Broncos earn their trip to the Pro Bowl.

Fan voting counts for one third of the vote, with players’ votes and coaches’ votes each counting one third as well. Players and coaches cast their votes on December 22-23.

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

http://www.nfl.com/probowl

McDman
11-18-2009, 11:09 AM
What a joke.

Eddie is the number three because of one game, yet Clady is still number five. The Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest.

SJ Bronco
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Clady is better than Matt Light, but Brady takes less sacks from making good decisions... I think the O-lineman vote is tainted by winning record and league longevity. I get tired of seeing some guys on the oline in the pro bowl and I watch them play and they are horrible. I guess it works both ways thought right? I mean Emmitt smith is the all time leading rusher thanks to holes the size of buicks to run through for most of his career...

Rabb
11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Clady being fifth is an absolute joke

Williams
11-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Ryan Clady is the No. 5 tackle, behind Miami’s Jake Long, New England’s Matt Light, Pittsburgh’s Max Starks and Indianapolis’ Ryan Diem.

Uhh

HEAV
11-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Vote Clady is all I can say.

Bronco Boy
11-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't want any Broncos risking injury playing in this game.

loborugger
11-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Its all name recognition with fan voting, which explains why Bailey is so high and Clady so low. Fan voting for the Pro Bowl is about as crappy as the game itself.

Br0nc0Buster
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Im sorry but Bailey is not the best corner anymore

And Clady is way better than 5th best tackle in the conference

I dont know what Clady has to do to get recognition, not give up sacks....oh wait he already does that

Garcia Bronco
11-18-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll vote for Clady, Dawkins, Marshall, Champ, and Dummervil. Outside of that I can't vote for anyone else in good faith.

Bronco LB52
11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Im sorry but Bailey is not the best corner anymore

The question is not whether Bailey is the best corner anymore, but whether he's one of the three top cornerbacks in the AFC.

BroncoBuff
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
You can vote Marquand Manuel NFC strong safety if you like.

I know I did ... it was a cathartic moment ;D

Rohirrim
11-18-2009, 12:54 PM
I'd sure like to try a season with Mankins on Clady's inside shoulder.

Pick Six
11-18-2009, 01:12 PM
The only problem I have with the voting to this point is Clady. He deserves more props than he's getting. Dawkins would be the #1 safety if he was still in the NFC. Polamalu tranforms the Steelers from good to great....

DBroncos4life
11-18-2009, 02:14 PM
With the Pro Bowl being before the SB this year look for quite a few players voted to not play.

broncosteven
11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Clady is better than Matt Light, but Brady takes less sacks from making good decisions... I think the O-lineman vote is tainted by winning record and league longevity. I get tired of seeing some guys on the oline in the pro bowl and I watch them play and they are horrible. I guess it works both ways thought right? I mean Emmitt smith is the all time leading rusher thanks to holes the size of buicks to run through for most of his career...

Hasn't Matt Light been out a couple weeks?

Bronco LB52
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Hasn't Matt Light been out a couple weeks?

Yes! There's a debate on whether Light will get his LT job back because rookie Sebastian Vollmer is playing like Ryan Clady of last year.

GoBroncos84
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
Ryan Diem is placed directly between Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris on the ballot. He is stealing votes. Do the vote counters have sufficient training in determining the difference between a dimpled chad and a full fledged vote? Clearly the voting system has been compromised...

broncobum6162
11-18-2009, 06:37 PM
I personally don't believe the fan vote should count as 1/3. Just for the above reasons. The players and coaches know much more about who is really deserving that us. One thing good about this though is that the fickle media has NO say. LOL

Br0nc0Buster
11-18-2009, 09:44 PM
The question is not whether Bailey is the best corner anymore, but whether he's one of the three top cornerbacks in the AFC.

so far Bailey is leading his position
Im saying he shouldnt be, hes not the best anymore