PDA

View Full Version : NY Giants complain over Thanksgiving schedule in Denver

oubronco
11-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Posted: 11/17/2009 08:43:34 AM MST
Updated: 11/17/2009 08:53:05 AM MST

Just as football fans are finishing up their holiday dinner on Thanksgiving night, the Giants will be getting ready for kickoff 1,750 miles away from home in Denver.

How does the organization feel about it? Not happy.

Giants co-owner John Mara told the Daily News it's a competitive disadvantage for his team to play two time zones away in a short week. Mara filed a complaint with the NFL claiming the scheduling is unfair.

"It's not an ideal situation," Mara said.

The advantage is magnified: The Broncos play the Chargers at home Sunday and then will wait for the Giants to travel halfway across the country.

"I don't mind playing on Thanksgiving," Mara said. "My complaint is sending us all the way to Denver on a short week."

Read the rest of this story at NYDailyNews.com.

The excuses are already flowing :~ohyah!:

Mountain Bronco
11-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Denver to New York aint that bad of a flight.

Crushisback
11-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Well we just had 3 consecutive teams coming off a bye then had to go to the east coast on a short week. I don't feel sorry for them.

bronco militia
11-17-2009, 09:48 AM
next year they can play in San Fransisco.

****ing cry babies

oubronco
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Well we just had 3 consecutive teams coming off a bye then had to go to the east coast on a short week. I don't feel sorry for them.

Niether does anyone else who have had to do it there vaginas are showing thru

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-17-2009, 09:49 AM

Just as football fans are finishing up their holiday dinner on Thanksgiving night, the Giants will be getting ready for kickoff 1,750 miles away from home in Denver.

Giants co-owner John Mara told the Daily News it's a competitive disadvantage for his team to play two time zones away in a short week. Mara filed a complaint with the NFL claiming the scheduling is unfair.

The advantage is magnified: The Broncos play the Chargers at home Sunday and then will wait for the Giants to travel halfway across the country.

"I don't mind playing on Thanksgiving," Mara said. "My complaint is sending us all the way to Denver on a short week."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Give me a break. We just traveled to DC on a short week, across two time zones. STFU, Giants.

Giant Vagina is more like it, amiright? Or "Vagiant."

Ambiguous
11-17-2009, 09:50 AM
What's the point of filing a complaint?

chex
11-17-2009, 09:54 AM
I wish there was a team in Anchorage. I'd send them there next Thanksgiving.

snowspot66
11-17-2009, 09:59 AM
I wish there was a team in Anchorage. I'd send them there next Thanksgiving.

They'll get the next London game after a Monday Night.

watermock
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Flying east to an early game has allways given the broncos trouble.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 10:04 AM
This is pointless bitching, but can I bitch for a second?

I ****ing hate the thanksgiving game. Hate it and this is what? Our 3rd in 4 years? Thanksgiving is easily my favorite holiday. I love getting together with my friends, cooking up a ton of food, and eating until i feel like im gonna explode. I just dont want to worry about how my football team is playing on this day. And i dont want me day ruined if we lose. And the game starts at 5pm PST, which is RIGHT in the middle of dinner.

i ****ing hate the thanksgiving game!!!!

SonOfLe-loLang

gives any western team trouble

Ambiguous

Especially when Simms boards the flight.

Gort
11-17-2009, 10:19 AM

Denver just played 2 time zones away on a short week and i didn't read anything about Bowlen complaining. but then again, the Giants are from NY. only 2 things come from NY... a-holes and bigger a-holes.

Meck77
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
This is pointless b****ing, but can I b**** for a second?

I ****ing hate the thanksgiving game. Hate it and this is what? Our 3rd in 4 years? Thanksgiving is easily my favorite holiday. I love getting together with my friends, cooking up a ton of food, and eating until i feel like im gonna explode. I just dont want to worry about how my football team is playing on this day. And i dont want me day ruined if we lose. And the game starts at 5pm PST, which is RIGHT in the middle of dinner.

I couldn't disagree more. I love Broncos football, food, and family all on the same day. :thumbs:

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Denver just played 2 time zones away on a short week and i didn't read anything about Bowlen complaining. but then again, the Giants are from NY. only 2 things come from NY... a-holes and bigger a-holes.

With each word that comes out of your mouth, you sound like a bigger asshole.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I couldn't disagree more. I love Broncos football, food, and family all on the same day. :thumbs:

haha fair enough. I just get too nervous and preoccupied with the games. It would be one thing if i was watching with like 12 broncos fans, but thats not the case. Id rather just relax on thanksgiving and watch on sunday

Gort
11-17-2009, 10:27 AM
With each word that comes out of your mouth, you sound like a bigger a-hole.

go to hell you filthy commie prick.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Schedule came out in April, and he files a complaint now? Douche.

:Broncos:

oubronco
11-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Schedule came out in April, and he files a complaint now? Douche.

Because his team is falling apart and he knows he's in for a tough fight.....................................We Hope

Doggcow
11-17-2009, 10:33 AM
GOD DAMNED **** I HATE WHEN EAST COAST TEAMS COMPLAIN ABOUT TIME ZONES. **** YOU EAST COAST, **** YOU AND YOUR PUSSY ASS ****. IT GOES BOTH WAYS (if only a moderate advantage for western timezones.)

Archer81
11-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Because his team is falling apart and he knows he's in for a tough fight.....................................We Hope

True. Next 2 games are going to be interesting.

Rausch 2.0
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM

Is he new to this whole football thing?...

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 10:45 AM
go to hell you filthy commie prick.

that's filthy commie prick who is a born and raised new yorker, to you...thanks :)

55CrushEm
11-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Whaaaaa !! :vermeil:

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 11:08 AM
For the jack they get paid I'd gladly fly over a ton of time zones bunch of babies.

HAT
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't blame them for complaining one bit.

ANYTHING you can do to maybe catch even the slightest break for next time around when the powers that be are making the schedule.....

Who cares if you it makes you look douchey? Smart.

McD and the Broncos SHOULD file a complaint about how many teams Denver had to play coming off of their byes. Nothing to lose.

In an era where many 10-6 teams sit home in January because of various tie-breakers...You angle for any competitive advantage you can possibly get, even if it's a year away.

Dagmar
11-17-2009, 11:11 AM
In an era where many 10-6 teams sit home in January because of various tie-breakers...You angle for any competitive advantage you can possibly get, even if it's a year away.

11 - 5 if your NE.

BroncoBuff
11-17-2009, 11:13 AM

Exactly.

watermock
11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't EVEN baitch about our schedule.

55CrushEm
11-17-2009, 11:34 AM
11 - 5 if your NE.

Also if you're Denver (in 1985)......

gunns
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
This is pointless b****ing, but can I b**** for a second?

Thanksgiving is also my favorite holiday, the three F's, family, food, and football. Even if it's the Broncos and they happen to lose, I'm thankful it's not March and I got to watch them play.

What does it matter if it's right in the middle of dinner? Turn the TV ON!

bronco militia
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
anyway, I don't like the broncos playing on thanksgiving or any other holiday. that's family time

IMO, game days are their own holiday.

lex
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM

Did Tagliabue cut Denver a break in 1997 when there was a blizzard in Denver and the Broncos had a game in Buffalo? No!

STFU!

Boss Man
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM
*** it lets just dig the stadium up and move it, none of the northeast teams like playing here and its just not fair that were a mile above sea level.

baja
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Maybe we could schedule a virtual game. Geez!

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanksgiving is also my favorite holiday, the three F's, family, food, and football. Even if it's the Broncos and they happen to lose, I'm thankful it's not March and I got to watch them play.

What does it matter if it's right in the middle of dinner? Turn the TV ON!

I will have the TV on, but why is this hard to understand? When the broncos are losing, its not exactly an enjoyable experience. If they win, then it compounds the happiness, but id rather not worry about it on my fav holiday!

lazarus4444
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/11/14/2009-11-14_sunday_morning_qb_giants_file_complaint.html

TonyR
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I will have the TV on, but why is this hard to understand? When the broncos are losing, its not exactly an enjoyable experience. If they win, then it compounds the happiness, but id rather not worry about it on my fav holiday!

Agree with you 100%. My favorite holiday and I don't need the distraction, and I'll be at in-laws house and can't control TV watching (timing, channel, volume, etc.).

And I understand the complaint from a general perspective. I think there are a lot of "unfair" scheduling practices in the NFL. For example, when a team coming off a short week has to travel to play a team coming off a bye. Why give one team multiple disadvantages?

Brewer
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Only 2 things come from NY... a-holes and bigger a-holes.

You've obviously got a geographic impediment. I believe you meant to say "New Jersey." :rofl:

NYBronco
11-17-2009, 02:38 PM

Yikes!

cabronco
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Yup, Im with you there. I'd rather it not be on Thanksgiving day. Its usually about the time everyone starts eating, and at the family's house adults at the big table, kids at there own table. They dont like a loud tv on, and I get that. If Im home I park my rear & Big plate and park right in front of the bigscreen being as loud as I want to be. Every Bronco game is an emotional game, win or lose. But losing puts me in a funk for a couple hours til I move on with it. Winning is great, and I dont like missing a single play. I think this year, I will just record it at home and watch it later that night.

Atwater His Ass
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
I don't blame them for complaining one bit.

ANYTHING you can do to maybe catch even the slightest break for next time around when the powers that be are making the schedule.....

Who cares if you it makes you look douchey? Smart.

McD and the Broncos SHOULD file a complaint about how many teams Denver had to play coming off of their byes. Nothing to lose.

I'd agree with this. You do everything you can to help your team win.

Pony Boy
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
The Giant's just don't want Jimmy Hoffa to spend Thankgiving alone ..........

Gort
11-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Yikes!

sorry NYBronco. i should have said NYC instead of NY and also should have excepted Broncos fans. i went to school with and worked with lots of people from NYC (and suburbs) over the years and they are just about the most "impossible to get along with" people i've ever met.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-17-2009, 11:06 PM
sorry NYBronco. i should have said NYC instead of NY and also should have excepted Broncos fans. i went to school with and worked with lots of people from NYC (and suburbs) over the years and they are just about the most "impossible to get along with" people i've ever met.

Hmmm, maybe its you and not them.

SJ Bronco
11-17-2009, 11:08 PM
http://keeyai.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/excuses.png

broncocalijohn
11-17-2009, 11:27 PM

it gives every team a problem from the West Coast. I believe last year we were the only team to win on the East Coast in the Regular season vs. Carolina. No actual west coast team won. Giants owner has no clue what it is like.

Archer81
11-17-2009, 11:33 PM
it gives every team a problem from the West Coast. I believe last year we were the only team to win on the East Coast in the Regular season vs. Carolina. No actual west coast team won. Giants owner has no clue what it is like.

If the Giants had to fly to Seattle on 3 days prep, then their argument would be valid...if made in April, when the schedule came out. What does this asshat think? Filing the complaint is going to make the NFL flip the game to NJ so the Giants dont have to travel?

NFLBRONCO
11-17-2009, 11:43 PM
Isn't he on the board that can make changes? This is why they are looking into it for 2010. Yeah April would be the time to bring this up.

broncocalijohn
11-18-2009, 12:06 PM
anyway, I don't like the broncos playing on thanksgiving or any other holiday. that's family time

IMO, game days are their own holiday.

Not sure why Son of Lel-o Lang is eating at 5PM. Most are starting around 3PM and I am already stuffed and having my seat on the couch for 4 hours. This is way better than watching the Lions play while stuck in the bloated position in front of the tv.

Beantown Bronco
11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Not sure why Son of Lel-o Lang is eating at 5PM. Most are starting around 3PM and I am already stuffed and having my seat on the couch for 4 hours. This is way better than watching the Lions play while stuck in the bloated position in front of the tv.

I do two separate Thanksgiving meals: first at Mrs. Bean's family around 1:00, second with my side at around 4 or 5. Makes it basically impossible to stay awake for the late game if the Broncos aren't playing.

Garcia Bronco
11-18-2009, 12:44 PM
A 4 hour direct flight is a killer.

HAT
11-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I'll be eating early enough....Problem is, my cable provider doesn't have NFLN.

I don't think I want to rely on an online feed so......Dive bar, here I come! I hope my family understands. ;D

Pick Six
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess I'm lucky that my extended family loves football. Football is ALWAYS on all day on Thanksgiving. It's THE reason why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...

bronco militia
11-18-2009, 02:24 PM

not all the holiday games are in the evening.

thats ok, you probably haven't been watching football very long.

Ha!

Rock Chalk
11-18-2009, 02:45 PM
i dont understand you people.

not only do I love thanksgiving football, I generally go outside with the male's in the family and toss around the pigskin every thanksgiving.

how is this not tradition? if the pilgrims had a football they would have played the indians.

what makes it better is that the broncos are on.

its the one time any given year that if the broncos lose, its ok because im stuffed and just ate a crapton of good food. and if they win, its ok because im stuffed and just ate a crapton of good food. either way, all is well in the world.

Man-Goblin
11-18-2009, 02:45 PM
At least they don't have to find a bar that's open late on Thanksgiving so they can watch the game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the 2nd out of the 3 times this stupid game has been in place that the Broncos are in it? Are they trying to make them the new Cowboys and Lions?

Rabb
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
i dont understand you people.

not only do I love thanksgiving football, I generally go outside with the male's in the family and toss around the pigskin every thanksgiving.

how is this not tradition? if the pilgrims had a football they would have played the indians.

what makes it better is that the broncos are on.

its the one time any given year that if the broncos lose, its ok because im stuffed and just ate a crapton of good food. and if they win, its ok because im stuffed and just ate a crapton of good food. either way, all is well in the world.

reppity rep rep rep

I fry a turkey every year, so while it is going we play football and have some beers (I am all about safety you know)

I snack from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed

this is literally the day I look foward to for the other 364 days each year...having Denver play is just icing

I cannot friggin' wait

Archer81
11-18-2009, 03:53 PM
reppity rep rep rep

I fry a turkey every year, so while it is going we play football and have some beers (I am all about safety you know)

I snack from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed

this is literally the day I look foward to for the other 364 days each year...having Denver play is just icing

I cannot friggin' wait

Whats odd is that I didnt know people could deep fry turkey until I moved out to Colorado in 2001, my aunt did it in her driveway, turkey is nice and done, they get it out, the fryer tips and hits the concrete and lit on fire...was the craziest damn thing Ive ever seen.

But yes, Thanksgiving is an awesome day. Football, food, family, friends and 4 days to get over any hangover. Who doesnt love it?

Rabb
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Whats odd is that I didnt know people could deep fry turkey until I moved out to Colorado in 2001, my aunt did it in her driveway, turkey is nice and done, they get it out, the fryer tips and hits the concrete and lit on fire...was the craziest damn thing Ive ever seen.

But yes, Thanksgiving is an awesome day. Football, food, family, friends and 4 days to get over any hangover. Who doesnt love it?

hahaha, wow that sucks

I learned of it when we lived in South Carolina and believe me, every year there were news reports on the morons doing it wrong

you really have to be careful but when done right, whoa baby...nothing on the planet is like it

I injected it last year with some Red Hot mixed with butter (Buffalo wing sauce basically) and I cannot even describe how good it was

Archer81
11-18-2009, 04:03 PM
hahaha, wow that sucks

I learned of it when we lived in South Carolina and believe me, every year there were news reports on the morons doing it wrong

you really have to be careful but when done right, whoa baby...nothing on the planet is like it

I injected it last year with some Red Hot mixed with butter (Buffalo wing sauce basically) and I cannot even describe how good it was

Yeah, the vids from SC or Mo of special people deepfrying their turkey on a wood porch with a tree hanging 2 feet above it are beyond comical. Definate Darwin Award nominees. And yes, deep fried turkey is so ****ing good, you wouldnt think it would remain juicy and whatnot, but it does. So good.

Circle Orange
11-18-2009, 06:52 PM
haha fair enough. I just get too nervous and preoccupied with the games. It would be one thing if i was watching with like 12 broncos fans, but thats not the case. Id rather just relax on thanksgiving and watch on sunday

The thing to do is get drunk. Blind, stoned pickled. That way, you're halfway unconscious so whatever happens, you're happy. It's better after you eat a lot...I had an uncle who used to fall forward on the carpet after copious sphaghetti and tequilias laced with bourbon. ;D

Circle Orange
11-18-2009, 06:55 PM
hahaha, wow that sucks

Two years ago my neighbors fried a turkey out in the driving rain...one held an UMBRELLA over the pot while the other stirred.

Nylon = flammable

This of course is in the "North" South called DC...

Hogan11
11-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I hope this game gets simulcast on the local Giants network, they've done it whenever the Giants have been on NFLN here in the past.