PDA

View Full Version : McBean more important than we thought?

supermanhr9
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
If this is a duplicate then please feel free to delete.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Baltimore's air attack beat us right,,, not the run?

Ryan Mcbean has missed the last two games, and in those two games there has been a noticeable change in our ability to stop the run.

Personally I don't know if I believe this, but it definitely makes me think he's more important than I thought?

Your impressions please...

enjolras
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
McBean has been a beast... I'm not sure who thought we wouldn't miss him.

supermanhr9
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah I wasn't saying anyone claimed that, I'm just throwing it out there that maybe he is more crucial to our defense than at least I thought.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Well this is where our depth, or lack thereof, hurts us. McBean is crucial

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Is he supposed to be back on Sunday? I know it's damn near impossible to know with McD. He's been in limited practices, I guess that's a good sign?

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Seems like 2 + 2 = 4.

Is this the trouble with the interior pass rush also?

You have to tell me because I've been distracted the last couple weeks.

elsid13
11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
What McBean does better then Smith is hold the POA and keep the runs inside. Smith and Peterson seem to sucked inside and loss spacing.

gtown
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
You can never have enough depth on the dline. I have heard that so many times over the years I tuned it out. But it is defintelt a football truism.

PRBronco
11-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I was just thinking that today, if there's one thing I didn't expect to say this season it's:
"McBean is crucial to our defense"

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 03:49 PM
What McBean does better then Smith is hold the POA and keep the runs inside. Smith and Peterson seem to sucked inside and loss spacing.

Peterson also gets sealed alot in the run game. They get him going sideways and he can't get off the block.

McBean seemed to get of blocks better and not over persue.

WABronco
11-16-2009, 03:51 PM
who is mcbean?

ZONA
11-16-2009, 03:54 PM
A dominant NT will be the absolute #1 offseason need via FA or draft.

kappys
11-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I know Marcus Thomas has been in the doghouse but I liked what I saw of him in the ****ty 3-4 scheme of Slowik's.

He has the beef and the muscle though maybe not the ability to play the end in this defense. Still I wonder if trying him out as a 3-4 end might not shore up some of the interior holes.

Blart
11-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Any word on his knee?

LRtagger
11-17-2009, 05:25 AM
At this point I would consider activating Baker and sliding Fields to DE on first and second downs and short yardage situations. We need to adjust something along the line while McBean is out.

supermanhr9
11-17-2009, 06:39 AM
I agree, NT will be one of our main if not the MAIN pick up this offseason. That and another young CB.

Broncos_OTM
11-17-2009, 06:43 AM
At this point I would consider activating Baker and sliding Fields to DE on first and second downs and short yardage situations. We need to adjust something along the line while McBean is out.

Thomas is the vet and is active on game days, Baker is not. my bet would be thomas would start at nose before baker does.

This last few weeks has been frustrating. Alot of people were down on Mcbean but not me. Alot of our success has been due to our line. Mcbean is going to be missed.

Next year bring on Cody. I like Fields but with Fields Cody and Peterson this defense could be extremely good.

The holes keep on finding there way back. The interior line looked better with Hoch in

QB, DE, NT, CB, ILB whats going to be the pick this year.

oubronco
11-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Just plug Baker in there and tell him to anchor his fat ass down

supermanhr9
11-17-2009, 07:48 AM
I don't think QB will be a pick, or it will be a late one. I think Orton is it for a couple of years and will get an extension if anything. However I agree with your other picks, but I think DE and NT will be flip flopped depending on what position has better talent at our pick.

Mountain Bronco
11-17-2009, 08:40 AM
What is his status?

Popps
11-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Yea, playing without McBean and Harris definitely hurt us. Washington was missing guys, so it's not as if the fight wasn't fair... but those are two key guys in our trenches.

We need them back, and fast.

jmz313
11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Yea, playing without McBean and Harris definitely hurt us. Washington was missing guys, so it's not as if the fight wasn't fair... but those are two key guys in our trenches.

We need them back, and fast.

Nah, the fight wasnt fair, we had a limp wristed lefty in there throwing punches. Sorry, I live in DC and needed a good shot at Simms. It was a walk of shame leaving Fedex on Sunday.

backup qb
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
The more healthy d-linemen the merrier.

supermanhr9
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if we see at least one more sigining on the defensive front for depth if we are gonna make a serious run at the West Title