PDA

View Full Version : Dumervil gets another sack after the game?

BroncoDoug
11-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Frank Schwab tweeted that the NFL is reviewing the tape and gave Elvis another .5 sack. Raising his total to 12 for the season. Am I reading this right?

fs3142

@psmyth12 of Broncos says Elias Sports Bureau will review Elvis' sacks Sunday. I'd guess it gets changed to 1.5 (12 on season). Input error

If so, Elvis is having a great season, congratulations to him.

PRBronco
11-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Awesome :) I love when I see looking at the defensive stats. I've never seen so many different players with at least 1 sack, and give it up to our under the radar FA pick ups Andra Davis and Darrell Reid, each has a handful of sacks already.

bpc
11-16-2009, 02:55 PM
He's definitely getting respected. Washington did about the best possible job that they could managing him yesterday. I saw lots of TE's and FB's chipping his outside shoulder.

Atwater His Ass
11-16-2009, 03:25 PM
if he could develop a power inside move, he'd be unstoppable.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM
The more sacks he gets the better the chances he wont be with us next season.

supermanhr9
11-16-2009, 03:30 PM

I agree 100%

Still congratulations are in order.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
He and Reid definitely split one sack ... I dunno if that's the one we're talking about, but that's what I saw. Elvis up top, Reid down low.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 03:45 PM
The more sacks he gets the better the chances he wont be with us next season.

He's a RFA

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
He's a RFA

Then what do I know, seems like everytime we have a good pass rusher he's gone.

eddie mac
11-16-2009, 04:28 PM

Berry and Hayward were decent pass rushers but nowhere near the level Dumervil's playing at this year. Plus the reason we didn't give Berry the big deal was his age and we were proven right after his first season in Zona and Hayward has done nothing in Jacksonville bar his first season.

BroncoDoug
11-16-2009, 04:33 PM
He and Reid definitely split one sack ... I dunno if that's the one we're talking about, but that's what I saw. Elvis up top, Reid down low.

I believe this is correct. As the game stands they gave Reid a full sack on that play, and are going to revise it to .5 for each.

Atwater His Ass
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

My opinion was that was Reid's sack 100%. Campbell was already going down when doom more or less fell on him.

doom made the sack happen though by getting the outside pressure, forcing campbell to step up into Reid. just looked to me like reid made the tackle on his own.

ZONA
11-16-2009, 05:08 PM
My opinion was that was Reid's sack 100%. Campbell was already going down when doom more or less fell on him.

doom made the sack happen though by getting the outside pressure, forcing campbell to step up into Reid. just looked to me like reid made the tackle on his own.

I kinda agree with you. I don't think Cambell stepped up to avoid Doom, he was just stepping forward to pass because it's a natural motion, but I do agree that he was fully in the grasp of Reid and was definitely going to go down. But, he may have been able to throw the ball to a receiver or dump it close to a receiver with Reid hanging on the lower half so I do agree with giving Doom the half sack. He basically ensured that no pass was going to get off and a sack was for sure going to take place.

BroncoDoug
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
We'll find out Wednesday if they will award Dumervil the .5 of a sack. Thats when the league makes its official stat decisions.

Mogulseeker
11-16-2009, 06:11 PM
I wonder how much that .5 sack will be worth? 200k?

ZONA
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
I wonder how much that .5 sack will be worth? 200k?

It doesn't matter, he's shown the ability to be a great pass rusher and he's making good strides in his LB play. If we can beef up the interior line more next season, he should be even better. And if Ayers keeps improving, they won't be able to just focus on Doom as much. We'll pay him what ever it takes to keep him in Denver.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:30 PM

There are senarios under which he is not a Bronco, but the probability is low.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Berry and Hayward were decent pass rushers but nowhere near the level Dumervil's playing at this year. Plus the reason we didn't give Berry the big deal was his age and we were proven right after his first season in Zona and Hayward has done nothing in Jacksonville bar his first season.

Plus there were cap issues.

Garcia Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM

I thought so too

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 06:39 PM

That's a reasonable interpretation of the play. Campbell was going down, but I though he still could've throw the ball had Doom not wrapped him up up top.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM

What about Pryce?

With him and Doom it would of been scary.

kappys
11-16-2009, 08:44 PM

I've seen him cutback a few times essentially using his arms to bat down the OT arms and cut in. Not hugely sucessful yet but an improvement.

I wonder about the Dwight Freeney spin inside, I think that might be his best bet to keep from getting tangled up. I doubt he ever develops a true power bull rush type of move inside.

BroncoDoug
11-19-2009, 12:34 AM
fs3142 (http://twitter.com/fs3142)
RT @psmyth12 (http://twitter.com/psmyth12) Elias Sports Bureau has credited Broncos' Dumervil with an additional half sack vs. Washington. Season total up to NFL-best 12.

I guess they gave him the sack

Atwater His Ass
11-19-2009, 03:47 AM
I've seen him cutback a few times essentially using his arms to bat down the OT arms and cut in. Not hugely sucessful yet but an improvement.

I wonder about the Dwight Freeney spin inside, I think that might be his best bet to keep from getting tangled up. I doubt he ever develops a true power bull rush type of move inside.

doom will forever be destined to be a speed guy that gets the edge on the tackle. that's just his game, and he'll excell at it for several more years. seems he much better sutied to play the 3-4 OLB role rushing than the 4-3 DE role since he's a bigger liablity during run support.

doom won't be a guy like reggie white that because of his immense strength and skill set was able to play at such a high level late into his career.

as soon as doom starts to lose a step, his career will basically be over since he won't have the physcal game to match up against younger, more atheletic OL.

that's not really a knock against doom since obvioulsy most guys never achieve the level of athletiscm he has currently. he just won't be able to have that hof type career that a guy like strahan and white had. pretty tough company comparing him to hof's like that, but it's just to clarify my point.

Man-Goblin
11-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Dumervil is so good he's getting sacks during the week now.

The Joker
11-19-2009, 08:28 AM
When you read the title of the thread you can't help imagine Elvis absolutely hammering Jason Campbell as he walks out of the Washington dressing room an hour after the game finishes.

BuckinKaeding
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Whats the record again? 21.5?

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Whats the record again? 21.5?

I believe it's actually 22.5*, the * is thanks to Brett Favre... UGH!

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2002/01/10/nfl_zoom.jpg

gunns
11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Whew, I thought this thread was about him buying a sack and getting arrested.

GoBroncos DownUnder
11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
FIRST thing I thought was "Don't tell me he 'sacked' Erin Andrews after the game!" ;)

Atwater His Ass
11-19-2009, 02:37 PM
It's too bad all anybody will remember from that season is Farve laying down for Strahan to break the record. General football fans miss how great of a season that really was based on one play.