PDA

View Full Version : Now we are the one's who are desperate needing a win

long beach bronco
11-16-2009, 12:34 PM
All during this losing streak, it has been said that we have gone up against a fired up team needing a win. Well guess what, we are now the one's that are desperate needing a win. I hope the chuggers run into a buzzsaw on Sunday.

Pick Six
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I agree. Something needs to be done to fire up this team. Last night's pathetic run defense reminded me of the last several years..:pity:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
That's what worries me. A problem with a team needing to win is that they tend to press and that's not going to work against the Chargers. We need to stay level-headed and go out to execute the gameplan.

Should be interested to see how SD attacks us the second time around.

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
I hope the fired up team that showed up in SD shows up at home this week.

tsiguy96
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
no team has EVER gone 6-0 and not win the division

hope it stays that way, setting another record for late season collapse will make me cry

ward63
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
We need to get McBean and Harris back I think. We really do miss them a lot!

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 01:24 PM
no team has EVER gone 6-0 and not win the division

hope it stays that way, setting another record for late season collapse will make me cry

No Bronco team has gone 6-0 with a first year head coach and not gone to the Super Bowl...I will take this one.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
We need ****ing turnovers on defense.

Where did they go!

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Forget abt winning division..I want DEN to be in playoff's...

tsiguy96
11-16-2009, 01:29 PM
No Bronco team has gone 6-0 with a first year head coach and not gone to the Super Bowl...I will take this one.

gotta make the playoffs first. if we are there, i think we can be a real surprise.

Rabb
11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
no team blew as big of a division lead last year as we did either, so let's not tempt history again with the "no team has ever" ****

how about no team has ever won anything based on the past

ward63
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
By far the biggest game of the year! We win, we take a 2 game lead...

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM
gotta make the playoffs first. if we are there, i think we can be a real surprise.

and healthy

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 02:14 PM

With a sweep over the chuggers

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 02:19 PM

By far the biggest game of the year, with a good chance to be the biggest even at season's end. Tons of things worry me about this game.

- Orton - If he's not starting, I don't think we even have a chance.

- San Diego - the team is really hot right now, tons of talent, and after beating them at home they really have it out for us. Not just on a "most important game" level (which it is) but also on a personal level, these teams hate each other.

- Defensive Line - Has looked progressively worse for the past month. Getting McBean back would be a big help. The offense really needs to stay on the field, they are pretty good when fresh but it's like a black hole after a few third down conversions in one drive.

- LB - seems like in blitzes they are only generating enough pressure to let a quick pass off and then they are totally burned. This first started to show up in the first SD game when they were looking pretty good, but I can imagine this being much worse now.

- Secondary - seems like these guys have been getting picked on more and more, culminating in Campbell tearing them apart yesterday. Play like they did yesterday and Rivers is going to have an absolute field day ripping these guys apart.

Atwater His Ass
11-16-2009, 02:23 PM
biggest game of the year? sure.

a must win game? not even close.

ward63
11-16-2009, 02:35 PM
biggest game of the year? sure.

a must win game? not even close.

We lose, we fall a game back in the division and for the WC, we are fighting with Pitt (who we lost to), Jacksonville, Houston and Baltimore (who we lost to). How is this not the biggest game of the year?

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought biggest game was against redskins..

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 02:42 PM
PIT is one wild card team..they have easier schedule.
If we lose next week, then we need to compete against Jacksonville, Houston and Baltimore.
Out of the 4 teams, Jacksonville has easier schedule..
It becomes really tough for us to go to playoffs..
It will be a long season if we miss the playoffs again.

Atwater His Ass
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
We lose, we fall a game back in the division and for the WC, we are fighting with Pitt (who we lost to), Jacksonville, Houston and Baltimore (who we lost to). How is this not the biggest game of the year?

i agreed it was the biggest game of the year.

ZONA
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Yup, the first time we played SD had their backs against the wall. This time, to be fair, both teams have their backs against the wall. But, I still think who ever loses this game can still win the division. There are plenty of games left and pitfalls can happen any given week, as both teams have seen.

Still, that all said, SD was the one picked by many to be in the SB while Denver is in their first year of total rebuild mode. I think most people expected SD to be 7-2 or something right now and us at 2-7.

Boltjolt
11-16-2009, 05:59 PM
All i know is watching our players talk about going to Denver.......there was FIRE in their eyes. I know they are looking forward to it and to avenge the first game.
I know this game is in Denver but as Rivers said yesterday, they have had some good success there of late. I expect them to come out firing and Orton or not, i expect their best game this year. Frankly i like our chances very much.

Stop your run game and it will be very difficult for Denver.

BlaK-Argentina
11-16-2009, 06:02 PM
All i know is watching our players talk about going to Denver.......there was FIRE in their eyes. I know they are looking forward to it and to avenge the first game.
I know this game is in Denver but as Rivers said yesterday, they have had some good success there of late. I expect them to come out firing and Orton or not, i expect their best game this year. Frankly i like our chances very much.

Stop your run game and it will be an easy win as i see it.

I'm sure you thought the same the last time we played you. :-*

Boltjolt
11-16-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm sure you thought the same the last time we played you. :-*

Not really. You guys were playing good ball and we couldnt stop anybody running the ball.
Picking up Travis Johnson has actually done well for us there but he did leave the game yesterday and dont know what is wrong. Ive heard maybe a stinger or an ankle...dont know which.

We are on a roll now while we were in a rut then.

Soul-Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:07 PM
philly didnt even try to run against SD, Knowshon has his way with the sparklers D and orton will again take advantage of the deep ball.

boltaneer
11-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Moreno had a poor game last time. Buckhalter did okay. I thought SD played the run well in the last meeting.

Soul-Bronco
11-16-2009, 06:12 PM
past is the past my friend. I think knowshon has his first break out game this week

Mcd will run Alot more zbs and pound it on the chargers D. we were doing a dam fine

job of it until we abandoned the freakin run vs a very good redskins D

Boltjolt
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
philly didnt even try to run against SD, Knowshon has his way with the sparklers D and orton will again take advantage of the deep ball.

Orton sucks at the deep ball. That was blown coverage on those two to Marshall and he was WIDE open both times. Chris Simms could of completed those. There was nobody around Marshall :~ohyah!:

I hope he does throw deep on us. He never completes long balls when there is a defender.

loborugger
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I thought biggest game was against redskins..

As a losing streak progresses, each game becomes progressively more important. Therefore, this is the biggest game we have had since, well, you decide. I would probably go with the biggest game since Shanny's Waterloo in SD to finish up the season - as well as himself - last year.

boltaneer
11-17-2009, 09:16 AM
past is the past my friend. I think knowshon has his first break out game this week

Mcd will run Alot more zbs and pound it on the chargers D. we were doing a dam fine

job of it until we abandoned the freakin run vs a very good redskins D

The Redskins have a good pass defense, when they're not getting torched by Orton's bombs. ;) Their run defense has been their weakness all year though. Still, Denver did a good job of running the ball last week.

Assuming Travis Johnson's injury is not serious, I think the Chargers have a good chance of duplicating their success against the run this week just like in their first meeting. Their run defense has improved dramatically since getting some guys back healthy over the bye week.

Gort
11-17-2009, 09:32 AM
i personally have a bad feeling about this game... but there is something positive about this matchup: the Broncos have won 2 of the past 3 against Sandy Eggo. so we've got that going for us... :thumbsup: