PDA

View Full Version : 11/16 Press Conference

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Lots of Tests and some Curly haired dude counting to 20!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-16-2009, 10:44 AM
Mic check guys are pretty funny.

broncosteven
Bald dude doing Mic Check.

Popps
I predict - "Kyle has an ankle injury and we'll be evaluating him throughout the week."

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
All that is missing is a roadie tuning a guitar and playing smoke on the water.

broncocalijohn
link to press conference?

SJ Bronco
Give me the update fellas, I'm too busy laughing at the raider press conference....commitment to train wreck entertainment baby!

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
He's late! PANIC!

broncosteven
Raise it!

broncosteven
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Check one two

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Ok. Raise it? Ok.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Lots of Tests and some Curly haired dude counting to 20!

Thanks man .... live now 10:49 Pacific time: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=2816&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

bpc
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Come on out and tell that Brandstater plays over Simms.

broncosteven
It started. Some one is pissed

bpc
McD looked like he tied one on last night.

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Not one thing stuck out.

Orton Questionable like Popps said

BroncoBuff
Orton "questionable" ... ankle.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Questionable

missingnumber7
well at least its an ankle

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Hopefull we can get him ready to go.

BroncoBuff
Simms "for sure" as backup.

bpc
Dammit. Chris Simms. Ugh.

broncosteven
Orton's other ankle is ok.

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Simms "for sure" as backup.

I like that Mcd has his boys back...but what game did he watch?

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Blamed long yardage on Simms poor performance.

Gameplan not to sit in gun like sitting duck.

Backups do not get many reps but expected to play well when they go in.

Chris was not issue it was multitude of things

SJ Bronco
Orton's other ankle is ok.

Until he trips over his dog in the driveway...

Rohirrim
"Mike Priefer is no longer with the Denver Broncos and it seems that Chris Simms went hiking in the mountains today and can no longer be located. We'll be immediately sending out a search party." Points. "Bob, right over there will be getting on it. Have you started yet, Bob?"
"Any minute now."
"Well, there ya go. I will not be discussing Orton's lower extremities..."

broncosteven
Stayed with Knowson because he was running well.

Team D not good.

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 10:54 AM
"Mike Priefer is no longer with the Denver Broncos and it seems that Chris Simms went hiking in the mountains today and can no longer be located. We'll be immediately sending out a search party." Points. "Bob, right over there will be getting on it. Have you started yet, Bob?"
"Any minute now."
"Well, there ya go. I will not be discussing Orton's lower extremities..."

Does that doomed search party include one broncos punter?

SJ Bronco
Stayed with Knowson because he was running well.

Team D not good.

Keep it coming baby. this is what I need, a line by line...I can't stream it where i'm at right now

broncosteven
jumping around blocks becomes prob on D.

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Not sure where psyche of team is.

He needs to get better, everyone needs to be better.

Likes to be in this situation fighting for the Division against a great team.

BroncoBuff
Russ Hochstein IS who we THOUGHT he was!

He played great against Haynesworth.

broncosteven
Russ Hockstien played well - I agree!

took out Hanyesworth a couple times and played physical.

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Were prepared for gadget didn't check out of their coverage/rush,

Can play it better, just didn't get it done on that play.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Hillis still in the doghouse ... he said it nicer than that, but the message was clear.

SJ Bronco
Were prepared for gadget didn't check out of their coverage/rush,

Can play it better, just didn't get it done on that play.

That's crap

broncosteven
Peyton Hillis

Dressing guys he thinks can give chance to win. He had a personal issue last week. No preset decision why he cannot dress or not dress.

(Interesting....)

missingnumber7
i love coach speak
there has to be a class somewhere on this i must take this...how to give absolutely no information and make people walk away thinking they learned exactly what they wanted to learn

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Larsen has been a good "lead blocker" as a FB

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Larsen

FB - does nice job, physical, can contrib in kicking game. can do nice job as lead blocker.

Brings physicality to team

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Over now but off mic some chick said "Put it in here"

Hmmmmmm....

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Simms postgame: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3607&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

"As of now I'm preparing to play next week."

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 11:01 AM
That's crap

I agree, they didn't know what was going on nor did they execute.

Smith tried to get over from the strong side of the field but they were confused and embarrased on that play. Hopefully it does not define the season and they come out prepared for SD with a healthy Orton.

Rohirrim
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Simms postgame: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3607&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

"As of now I'm preparing to play next week."

Play what, Parcheesi?

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
i love coach speak
there has to be a class somewhere on this i must take this...how to give absolutely no information and make people walk away thinking they learned exactly what they wanted to learn

You learn it right from the start. No one wants to truth. If you gave them a strait talk, they would hate you. Not to mention, information is the greatest asset in football coaching, the less you give the better. I run a small time HS program and even i have to do it.

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Play what, Parcheesi?

Twister with Telia tequila and Shawn Merriman with the lights out.

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Over now but off mic some chick said "Put it in here"

Hmmmmmm....

Quote of the Day +10

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Play what, Parcheesi?

If only he had been prepared for the last game....

SJ Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Twister with Telia tequila and Shawn Merriman with the lights out.

Mix in OJ simpson and we got a game

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 11:05 AM
if it's simms..we are doomed..:vermeil:

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Josh was big on excuses for Simms ... said he hadn't taken snaps, was a "sitting duck" back there in the shotgun.

I hadn't realized it before, but apparently the Redskins pass defense is #1 in the league. Who knew ???

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Josh was big on excuses for Simms ... said he hadn't taken snaps, was a "sitting duck" back there in the shotgun.

I hadn't realized it before, but apparently the Redskins pass defense is #1 in the league. Who knew ???

Someone obviously didn't get that message to Orton.

misturanderson
11-16-2009, 11:14 AM

Makes what Orton did in the first half all the more impressive. He surpassed their average yards allowed PER GAME in one half.

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoBuff;2644731]Josh was big on excuses for Simms ... QUOTE]

He should have said: "I don't know why the **** I put that ****ing **** in the ****ing game.;D

Man-Goblin
11-16-2009, 11:25 AM

You primarily run the ball against teams you're ahead of, and the Redskins have been behind a hell of a lot this year. That skews the passing D numbers, at least a little.

Sassy
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Someone obviously didn't get that message to Orton.

Ha! They "forgot" to get it to Brandon as well.
Actually, the skins just completely "forgot" about Brandon for awhile there .Ha!

Popps
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
So, it's Simms?

Popps
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Did he talk about the injury? Even in vague terms?

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:29 AM
You primarily run the ball against teams your ahead of, and the Redskins have been behind a hell of a lot this year. That skews the passing D numbers, at least a little.

Not to mention the fact that the offenses they've faced have been among the league's worst at passing the ball.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:30 AM

He said he's leaving that part of the press conference to Kenny Peterson. Up next.

gyldenlove
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
He said he's leaving that part of the press conference to Kenny Peterson. Up next.

goody, I forget who said it, but it is still true:

Bitch aint a presser till Kenny Peterson takes the podium.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
It's Simms "definitely" as #2. He made a pretty fair number of excuses for Simms actually.

Josh said Orton's injury is an ankle, that he's "questionable," and will be re-evaluated Wednesday and Thursday.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I hate coaches..they are stubborn..Why simms?

Rohirrim
11-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I hate coaches..they are stubborn..Why simms?

McD wants to see his full range of incompletions.

gyldenlove
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Simms has new and exicting ways of losing football games. The pain has only just begun.

CEH
11-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Elway didn't make excuses for Simms

Said Simms is paid well to be ready to go at a momnents notice and to play well maybe not as well as the starter but better than Jarmus Russell. (I added the part about JFat)

We are paying him 6 MM for 2 years. I expect more than a 7 QB rating

Rabb
11-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Simms against the Chargers, buckle up kids

oubronco
11-16-2009, 11:55 AM
So, it's Simms?

Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton is questionable for Sunday's showdown against San Diego, Denver coach Josh McDaniels said today.

Orton injured his left ankle late in the first half in Sunday's 24-17 loss at Washington. McDaniels would not divulge the extent of the injury.

"Not sure how that's going to go," McDaniels said. "We're going to see how he progresses during the course of the next few days and see if and when Kyle is ready to go. Whether that's Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (or) not at all. He's definitely not out for the game. We're certainly hopeful we can get him ready to go."

Backup quarterback Chris Simms was unable to lead the Broncos to any second-half points against the Redskins. He completed 3-of-13 passes for 13 yards, with an interception.

"I would love for him to have played better, but I think there are some other things that happened during the course of the second half that affected his play or would have affected Kyle's play," McDaniels said. "We got into some long-yardage situations. We obviously had two 2-minute drives at the end. We're behind and we have to throw, and they know it and they're pass-rushing us.

"The game plan was not necessarily designed to have a bunch of drop-back passes where we just stand there in a gun like a sitting duck and let them come after us."

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
all that is missing is a roadie tuning a guitar and playing smoke on the water.

lol

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 11:56 AM
If Simms is our QB this weekend, i will take my kids and go to beach.

I couldn't sleep the entire night..I still think about that fake FG and interception thrown by simms.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
I think there are some other things that happened during the course of the second half that affected his play or would have affected Kyle's play," McDaniels said. "We got into some long-yardage situations. We obviously had two 2-minute drives at the end. We're behind and we have to throw, and they know it and they're pass-rushing us.

"The game plan was not necessarily designed to have a bunch of drop-back passes where we just stand there in a gun like a sitting duck and let them come after us."

Long yardage situations? Two 2-minute drives? Having the QB stand like a sitting duck?

All of that could've been easily avoided. How? KEEP RUNNING THE G-DAMN BALL WHEN IT'S GETTING YOU 7 YDS PER CARRY!

tsiguy96
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton is questionable for Sunday's showdown against San Diego, Denver coach Josh McDaniels said today.

Orton injured his left ankle late in the first half in Sunday's 24-17 loss at Washington. McDaniels would not divulge the extent of the injury.

"Not sure how that's going to go," McDaniels said. "We're going to see how he progresses during the course of the next few days and see if and when Kyle is ready to go. Whether that's Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (or) not at all. He's definitely not out for the game. We're certainly hopeful we can get him ready to go."

Backup quarterback Chris Simms was unable to lead the Broncos to any second-half points against the Redskins. He completed 3-of-13 passes for 13 yards, with an interception.

"I would love for him to have played better, but I think there are some other things that happened during the course of the second half that affected his play or would have affected Kyle's play," McDaniels said. "We got into some long-yardage situations. We obviously had two 2-minute drives at the end. We're behind and we have to throw, and they know it and they're pass-rushing us.

he meant in terms of injury report, he has not been ruled out yet, and likely will be a gametime decision.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Long yardage situations? Two 2-minute drives? Having the QB stand like a sitting duck?

All of that could've been easily avoided. How? KEEP RUNNING THE G-DAMN BALL WHEN IT'S GETTING YOU 7 YDS PER CARRY!

Yep Moreno was having a very good game I still can't imagine what made him think Chrissy would win them the game

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 12:24 PM
if it's simms..we are doomed..:vermeil:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zBdxwj8mS6s/Sgon-gN23QI/AAAAAAAAEdg/LxUCxO9hWAw/s400/cleats.jpg

. . . . WE'RE DOOMED!

broncosteven
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM

He said they will see how the ankle is each day but until Orton can go they are giving Simms the reps in practice.

If Orton rebounds he is in, it is day by day right now but McD said it looked real bad on tape. I will read into that with my excellent pessimist skill set to mean Orton is not going to play for awhile.

missingnumber7
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM

He said its an ankle. which is good cuz that would've sucked if really would've been like an elbow or wrist but it could've been like a left calf or even better like the pectoral muscle. But he did say its an ankle like 5 or 6 times.

Los Broncos
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
I pray he can play but it doesn't look good with Simms will cannot win a game.

cabronco
11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
If they know now that more than likely its going to be Simms, I think they should practice the heck out of the Wild Horses formation. Anything to avoid Simms moving around clueless. I'd rather have a gimpy Orton. Heck that sounds like a drink. A few gimpy Orton's and I'll stumble right out of here. :spit:

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 04:22 PM
If they know now that more than likely its going to be Simms, I think they should practice the heck out of the Wild Horses formation. Anything to avoid Simms moving around clueless. I'd rather have a gimpy Orton. Heck that sounds like a drink. A few gimpy Orton's and I'll stumble right out of here. :spit:

The Gimpy Orton = Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and ice......poured over the cleavage of some local skank.

watermock
11-16-2009, 04:31 PM
I'll take a gimpy Orton. The line will step up for him.

How much more gimpy could Simms be?

And yes McD, you backup is supposed to be prepared, and the team is supposed to rally under adversity. Like the game against the Cowboys.

Oh wait, that was BM...

ZONA
11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I think Simms will take all the reps all week making sure the Chargers are game planning for him and then Orton will take most of the snaps the last practice before the game and will start. Watch.

I mean, Orton game out after halftime with some tape on there and threw the ball a few times, it may have been bothering him enough to where we didn't want to risk getting him hurt further but he didn't seem like he was in pure agony. I think the Broncos are just milking this for everything they can and he's not as bad as we're led to believe.

BlaK-Argentina
11-16-2009, 04:49 PM
I think Simms will take all the reps all week making sure the Chargers are game planning for him and then Orton will take most of the snaps the last practice before the game and will start. Watch.

I mean, Orton game out after halftime with some tape on there and threw the ball a few times, it may have been bothering him enough to where we didn't want to risk getting him hurt further but he didn't seem like he was in pure agony. I think the Broncos are just milking this for everything they can and he's not as bad as we're led to believe.

I hope you're right. Though I worry about Orton playing gimpy and without practicing much too.

broncolife
11-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Its all Mcdaniels plan. Hes basically telling everyone Simms is going to start but then he going to change it last second to Tom B...Then chargers dont get much prep time for the rook. Plus they will think its was going to be an easy win with Simms and BOOM we hit them with a different style qb and kick thier butt.Wahahahaaha.......