PDA

View Full Version : Have the wheels officially come off?

FantomForce
11-16-2009, 08:10 AM
In the time that Washington ran one of the most obvious fake field goals in football history I started the epic and frustrating search for the "symbolic" panic button. Curse words were abounding in my mouth and flying towards the TV. in form of a venomous spit. After a few hours of calming and finally starting to recatch my breath I started to think, have I blown this out of proportion? Is the karma of trading Cutler away catching up or is the karma of the Orangemane faithful bagging Cutler since Thursday coming to make fools of us all. (Cutler aside, let us move on) After a few hours of calming and finally starting to recatch my breath I started to think, have I blown this out of proportion? I think my answer is yes and no, yes in the fact that we just lost to a team with some of their better performers reduced to nothing more than pom pom holders on the sidelines. No in the fact that we have bottomed in the middle of the season, whereas last year we collapsed in the season finale, giving us NO hope for the remainder of the year. In this case we find ourselves in a dark hole with a slight glimmer of hope that beams only a small light at the end of the tunnel, although faint it IS there, so Bronco fans stay with the hope and again I beg for you to put back belief in your Broncos:pray:

DrFate
11-16-2009, 08:14 AM
The Skins game as a single game. The trend, however, is that teams that simply run at the Broncos defense and overpower them. That's a concern. And it is hard to 'scheme' around that. This team had a deficient front 7 when the season started, and that issue remains.

TonyR
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
I'll keep pulling for the team but I don't have a lot of hope. Teams have figured out how to beat us and every week will be a struggle. The talent deficiencies we managed to hide the first 6 weeks are now very apparent. I think our ceiling is now 10-6 and we need to reel in the expectations. Hope I'm wrong.

oubronco
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
If they don't shore up the run defense and stop ****ting the bed on offense then yes the wheels will fall the rest of the way on this season, bottom line we need an infusion of young talent that can actually make a difference

Soul-Bronco
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
is 10-6 really that bad a record? after 9-7 7-9 and 8-8? most here were screaming 3- 13 and now we are complaining about being 6-3? this team has big holes in it left from the last regime and its just goes to the coaching for us to have a 6-3 record.

and for christ sakes people the starting QB was out the 2nd half, like it or not orton makes this offense run

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM
As much as I hate to say, yes, I think we're done. The game this weekend represents our season, and sadly I don't think we have a very good chance of winning. With Orton in, I still think SD has the edge and with Simms, well, I don't even see a reason to get on the field.

It sucks, but still it's not as bad as last years collapse.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I think we are done.
I know we should not take any team lightly.

But, losing to skins is unacceptable.
They are one of the worst teams in the NFL and their QB sucks.
They have lot of injuries this season and their coach is one of the worst playcaller's.

I am not sure if we can overcome this loss.

Rohirrim
11-16-2009, 08:38 AM
I watched most of the Colts/Pats game last night and you could really see that the Pats are just not the same team. They've lost Brushci, Vrabel and others and some key players are getting older, and you can see it on the field. Whereas before they would dominate, now they try to scheme around their shortcomings and hope that Brady, Moss and Welker can win it on their own. They can't. This is what Shanahan did for years, try to scheme around the players he didn't have (especially on D), much better than Belichick, BTW, who SI was calling the "best tactician in the league" this morning :bs: Shanahan out-coached him regularly... anyway, back to my point. This comes down to players. We don't have them. Especially on D. McD is a good coach, maybe a great coach. He came out of the gate with a great scheme and it protected those holes in the team for six games. Then, everybody had enough film to see what was going on. Plus, teams play differently after the first eight games are gone. They are now playing for the playoff slots. Their blocking and running is in tune. They execute with a lot more snap. Their Ds are operating as a unit. And the teams with the players rise to the top. You just can't coach your way out of the facts. When it comes to the crunch, you have the players, or you don't.

gtown
11-16-2009, 08:40 AM
We don't have enough talent in the front seven. When we get a group of guys that can both play the run and pass equally well, then we can be dominant. But the teams that have had success against us are those that pass out of running formations and run out of passing formations. Our dline rotation is clockwork and a bit too predictable as was the case yesterday when the Skins ate up the clock running out of a passing formation.

Rabb
11-16-2009, 08:44 AM
I got into a little bit of a debate today with someone, I think that if Orton is out for an extended period of time, they should get Tom B. some starts and reps

Simms may be the worst backup on the planet

go_broncos
We don't have enough talent in the front seven. When we get a group of guys that can both play the run and pass equally well, then we can be dominant. But the teams that have had success against us are those that pass out of running formations and run out of passing formations. Our dline rotation is clockwork and a bit too predictable as was the case yesterday when the Skins ate up the clock running out of a passing formation.

I am OK if we lose to playoff team..

But, losing to redskins with Jason as their QB..is not unforgivable.

They have one of the worst offensive lines in the footbal.

I certainly think we are more talented than them and i am shocked that we lost the game.

BlaK-Argentina
As much as I hate to say, yes, I think we're done. The game this weekend represents our season, and sadly I don't think we have a very good chance of winning. With Orton in, I still think SD has the edge and with Simms, well, I don't even see a reason to get on the field.

It's not like we haven't beaten SD... at THEIR house. This is pretty much the same team, nothing has changed except they won a bunch of games and we lost a bunch. I'm 100 percent confident in our ability to beat the Chargers. Of course, assuming Orton will be playing.

Saying we're done at frigging 6-3 is just throwing the towel. We beat Cinci (7-2), Dallas (6-3), NE (7-2) and SD (6-3), not too shabby. The ability to beat good teams is there. I don't think the Washington games changes much because Simms and Simms alone managed to lose that one for us. Have teams figured a way to beat us? Yes. Is the coaching staff capable of adjusting and finding ways to win? We'll see. The season is far from done. I understand people with that mentality because it will be easier to bear another collapse, but right now, we're far from done.

EDIT: NE is 6-3, duh.

Rabb
11-16-2009, 08:45 AM

I certainly think we are more talented than them and i am shocked that we lost the game.

this

they were without Cooley, Portis and Haynesworth was hurt

could it possibly have set up any better for us?

oubronco
11-16-2009, 08:47 AM
It's not like we haven't beaten SD... at THEIR house. This is pretty much the same team, nothing has changed except they won a bunch of games and we lost a bunch. I'm 100 percent confident in our ability to beat the Chargers. Of course, assuming Orton will be playing.

Saying we're done at frigging 6-3 is just throwing the towel. We beat Cinci (7-2), Dallas (6-3), NE (7-2) and SD (6-3), not too shabby. The ability to beat good teams is there. I don't think the Washington games changes much because Simms and Simms alone managed to lose that one for us. Have teams figured a way to beat us? Yes. Is the coaching staff capable of adjusting and finding ways to win? We'll see. The season is far from done. I understand people with that mentality because it will be easier to bear another collapse, but right now, we're far from done.

Ok but do you think they would beat them again?

gtown
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM

I was a bit shocked as well. But you factor in the loss of the QB (who touches the ball on nearly every offensive play), the most obvious fake FG in the history of the NFL (they showed the fake formation first then a timeout was called, then they simply lined back up in the fake formation and executed), and are one dimensional talent on the dline, you get what you had yesterday.

If Orton was healthy and the ST didn't flub that fake FG, we would have won, no question. But the mantra hold true that on "any given Sunday" anything can happen.

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 08:54 AM
this

they were without Cooley, Portis and Haynesworth was hurt

could it possibly have set up any better for us?

I guess the one positive of this is that my expectations are gone in week 10, not week 17.

There is really no excuse for this - trap game, east coast game at 1 pm, Orton injury - fact of the matter is, you don't win this game and you have no business doing anything meaningful. We had a nice run there, but the playoff teams are going to pull away at this point.

BlaK-Argentina
11-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Ok but do you think they would beat them again?

Not sure about Cinci but Dallas, NE and SD? Possibly. We would have a chance against any of them. We would have to play mistake free football though, like in the first 6 weeks.

go_broncos
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
I was a bit shocked as well. But you factor in the loss of the QB (who touches the ball on nearly every offensive play), the most obvious fake FG in the history of the NFL (they showed the fake formation first then a timeout was called, then they simply lined back up in the fake formation and executed), and are one dimensional talent on the dline, you get what you had yesterday.

If Orton was healthy and the ST didn't flub that fake FG, we would have won, no question. But the mantra hold true that on "any given Sunday" anything can happen.

I think if we would have played redskins in first half of the season.we would have won the game.

Once 2nd half season starts, we can't even beat a highschool team.

I couldn't sleep thinking about the Fake FG..that is one of the worst things that can happen.

I am not even sure if a highschool coach will allow that to happen.
If simms starts over Tom, i think our season is done.

Que
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Wheels are off. For sure. Not sure if we're done. We'll find out what sort of coach McD really is. Adversity is where coaches and teams really show what they're all about.

Rohirrim
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
To answer the question, No, the wheels have not come off. But it's going to take some really inspired coaching to get this team to the playoffs. Especially if Kyle can't play.

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Denver still gets the luxury already afforded to the Chargers earlier this season. That is, 3 games against the Raiders and Chiefs. Props to SD for beating the Giants and Eagles in the past couple weeks, but there's padding under that record.

Rabb
11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I hate to say this, but I am not calling either game against KC or the remaining Raiders game a gimme right now

yesterday should have been a gimme

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 09:07 AM

You have a point I guess, but from what I've seen lately they have given me no reason to believe in anything.

I think they're good enough to do a couple of things - win a couple more games, possibly beat SD, possibly win the division. The hopeful side of me is really reaching on the latter two.

Win a playoff game? No way.

That's not really to say this season was a total disaster, we simply don't have the players and we are one season in to the McD experiment. If this is still happening 2 or 3 years from now with McD at the helm I'll be screaming about it.

gtown
11-16-2009, 09:08 AM
I think if we would have played redskins in first half of the season.we would have won the game.

Once 2nd half season starts, we can't even beat a highschool team.

I couldn't sleep thinking about the Fake FG..that is one of the worst things that can happen.

I am not even sure if a highschool coach will allow that to happen.
If simms starts over Tom, i think our season is done.

Our ST are a friggin joke. Take out Royal's two returns against the Chargers and what do you have? Nothing good. Berger is a joke. He got lucky on one kick yesterday. The fake FG left me speechless.

We always **** the bed in the second half of the season because of lack of talent. The other teams always figure out our schemes. Its harder to counter pure talent, which is why the Chargers are so good the last half of the season.

On a positive note though is that we have more talent on the D this year, and our offensive schemes have been so bad that they are not the treasure trove of information our opponents are probably looking for. Plus, Nolan and McD have not been shy to make changes on the fly during games, why not the second half of the season. There is a lot of football left to play and I think we can still make the playoffs.

TonyR
11-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Maybe there is a silver lining here. Maybe Brandstater gets some reps and we find out whether or not he can possibly be the QB of the future. Important decisions need to be made at the QB position this offseason and this could help.

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 09:16 AM
It ain't over until it's over.

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 09:22 AM

No, I'm pretty sure this time it's over before it's over. :sunshine:

oubronco
11-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Not sure about Cinci but Dallas, NE and SD? Possibly. We would have a chance against any of them. We would have to play mistake free football though, like in the first 6 weeks.

but playing the way they are now do you still believe so

Rulon Velvet Jones
The silver lining is they still have the same record as the Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers. If they don't win the division, they'll have to better the Texans and Jags for a wildcard spot.

They still have good players on offense, a good coaching staff (aside from Priefer) and the importance of veteran leadership on the defense. These last few games wouldn't be the messes they were if just a couple things were tweaked in the other direction.

They're still a good team. They're just now starting to come out of that brutal stretch where they faced some of the top defenses in the league.

JJJ
Wheels aren't off yet for the Broncos. Every team goes through such a stretch. Beat the Bolts and the season will take another turn.

Lose to the Bolts and there are definite issues though with the remainder of the schedule being so tough.

The Bolts are hard to get a handle on this year and could definitely come in and stink it up. If the Donkie defense that showed up in SD in the 2nd half is still there this will be a tough game for my Bolts.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM

I don't see why people are so down so early. What the hell, there are 7 games left. I understand why there is some caution but it's too early to throw in the towel.

We play the Chiefs and Raiders again. The next two games are at home. If the home fans throw in the towel already how will that help the team win at home? I see you are in San Diego so you can afford to be bummed out. Some of us live in Denver and I would hate to see Denver people moping and shuffling. But I don't see that here in Denver. People I talk to and I talk to a lot of Denver fans, they say they're not too worried that Pitt and baltimore beat us because there is still plenty of chances to win.

Losing at Washington was bad, bad, bad but it's too early to throw in the towel.

gtown
11-16-2009, 09:44 AM

"What the **** happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer... "

SonOfLe-loLang
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
The wheels might now be off, but the nuts are loose and the bandwagon is wobbling. I dunno, I personally don't see us making too much noise the rest of the way.

Chris
11-16-2009, 09:53 AM
This thread has no cojones. Everyone's jumping ship.

As the great Bon Jovi once said, "You gotta keep the faith." This team has proved most of you wrong in the past.

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I don't see why people are so down so early. What the hell, there are 7 games left. I understand why there is some caution but it's too early to throw in the towel.

We play the Chiefs and Raiders again. The next two games are at home. If the home fans throw in the towel already how will that help the team win at home? I see you are in San Diego so you can afford to be bummed out. Some of us live in Denver and I would hate to see Denver people moping and shuffling. But I don't see that here in Denver. People I talk to and I talk to a lot of Denver fans, they say they're not too worried that Pitt and baltimore beat us because there is still plenty of chances to win.

Losing at Washington was bad, bad, bad but it's too early to throw in the towel.

I know my post came off as cynical, but in reality I'm not down on the team, I just don't really have expectations for this season. Things to keep in mind:

- If it were Shanahan at the helm this year, I'd be pissed. We're not doing the same thing every year and expecting different results. Bowlen made a gutsy decision, and the team has a new direction - I don't expect McD to turn things around right away.

- The Cutler trade is nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be, at least for now. It could possibly be a genious move, but the jury is still out.

- The defense, while they looked like crap yesterday, is still vastly improved. I have faith that with a couple of drafts the staff in place is every bit capable of building a dominant D.

- This is not the team we were building for. I had very little expectation of winning anything this year, and anyone who did would be labeled a delusional homer. They've done a good job with the pieces that are there, but we are a season or two away from really contending.

And BTW, I am back in Denver. I'll be at the game sunday screaming for them to kick the crap out of SD. I'm just not going to be screaming for someones head if they don't get it done.

RaiderH8r
11-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I wouldn't say the wheels are off but they're damn wobbly. We lose to San Diego and they'll be off.

The book is out on the Broncos and the team's lack of talent on D is starting to show. Nolan worked some magic early but this squad has been exposed and our lackluster offensive production continues. This is no good.

Bronxfan
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
YES--they are FLAT not off.

FantomForce
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
From reading these posts I really feel that the wheels are wobbling, but not off. I feel like we were on the road, players probably counted this as a win, looking past the fact that they were playing people that were also recieving money to play a game. If we can rally at home at get a vicotry the ship will be straightend. We win on Sunday, not by much but we do get the W. If not I'm not posting anything for 2 weeks, this is not a bold prediction, mainly because I don't know if I can come back and say anything if we lose

Pony Boy
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I know my post came off as cynical, but in reality I'm not down on the team, I just don't really have expectations for this season. Things to keep in mind:

- If it were Shanahan at the helm this year, I'd be pissed. We're not doing the same thing every year and expecting different results. Bowlen made a gutsy decision, and the team has a new direction - I don't expect McD to turn things around right away.

- The Cutler trade is nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be, at least for now. It could possibly be a genious move, but the jury is still out.

- The defense, while they looked like crap yesterday, is still vastly improved. I have faith that with a couple of drafts the staff in place is every bit capable of building a dominant D.

- This is not the team we were building for. I had very little expectation of winning anything this year, and anyone who did would be labeled a delusional homer. They've done a good job with the pieces that are there, but we are a season or two away from really contending.

And BTW, I am back in Denver. I'll be at the game sunday screaming for them to kick the crap out of SD. I'm just not going to be screaming for someones head if they don't get it done.

I'm in a wait and see attitude. Who knows what will happen.

watermock
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

No, it was over for the Nazis when the Japs did tho.

GeniusatWork
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
I wouldn't say the wheels are off but they're damn wobbly. We lose to San Diego and they'll be off.

The book is out on the Broncos and the team's lack of talent on D is starting to show. Nolan worked some magic early but this squad has been exposed and our lackluster offensive production continues. This is no good.

The D is not so lacking in talent. I have to say this is another over reactive post.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 10:53 AM
No, it was over for the Nazis when the Japs did tho.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the one American male over the age of 15 who hasn't seen Animal House.

watermock
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Umm, I posted that a year ago before the S.D. game.

bpc
11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
In the time that Washington ran one of the most obvious fake field goals in football history I started the epic and frustrating search for the "symbolic" panic button. Curse words were abounding in my mouth and flying towards the TV. in form of a venomous spit. After a few hours of calming and finally starting to recatch my breath I started to think, have I blown this out of proportion? Is the karma of trading Cutler away catching up or is the karma of the Orangemane faithful bagging Cutler since Thursday coming to make fools of us all. (Cutler aside, let us move on) After a few hours of calming and finally starting to recatch my breath I started to think, have I blown this out of proportion? I think my answer is yes and no, yes in the fact that we just lost to a team with some of their better performers reduced to nothing more than pom pom holders on the sidelines. No in the fact that we have bottomed in the middle of the season, whereas last year we collapsed in the season finale, giving us NO hope for the remainder of the year. In this case we find ourselves in a dark hole with a slight glimmer of hope that beams only a small light at the end of the tunnel, although faint it IS there, so Bronco fans stay with the hope and again I beg for you to put back belief in your Broncos:pray:

That fake field goal was one of the most highly anticipated events i've ever seen. They called a timeout to replan it and run it the exact same way and McD's coaching staff STILL couldn't stop it.

Pathetic. But hey, don't blame the loss on that. The sunshine pumpers want you to know that we only lost because our pro bowl QB Kyle Orton got hurt. He was a' carving them up with his precision passing!

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
That fake field goal was one of the most highly anticipated events i've ever seen. They called a timeout to replan it and run it the exact same way and McD's coaching staff STILL couldn't stop it.

Pathetic. But hey, don't blame the loss on that. The sunshine pumpers want you to know that we only lost because our pro bowl QB Kyle Orton got hurt. He was a' carving them up with his precision passing!

Fact: the Broncos were still winning the game after the fake kick play.
Fact: Orton had 200 yards passing and 2 TDs in the first half. Against the same defense with ALL the same weapons at his disposal, Simms had negative yards passing and a pick.

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Fact: Orton had 200 yards passing and 2 TDs in the first half. Against the same defense with ALL the same weapons at his disposal, Simms had negative yards passing and a pick.

This.

long beach bronco
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM
If Simms does play we are going to get killed because the Chargers will just blitz him every play and he'll be a deer in headlights. I would give Tom the start and just let him throw downfield to Marshall, Royal, Gaffney and Stokes. McD needs to make a decision and fast. This season could slip away and to think we were 6-0 and looking pretty.

bpc
11-16-2009, 11:15 AM

How did Orton get all of his yds:

On busted RedSkins coverages within 3 plays. Unfortunately Orton managed to screw up hitting Royal wide open by 15 yds 50 yds down the field. I mean, how much more wide open did he have to be?

Broncos got terribly outcoached and outplayed by an undermanned, underwhelming Washington team without most of it's playmakers. The most utterly stupid fake FG ever run only happened to surprise a few people watching, most were on the Broncos sideline.

I really cannot state it any better... that was one of the worst coached plays i've ever seen and there was even a timeout to prepare between the 1st and 2nd attempts.

Beantown Bronco
11-16-2009, 11:20 AM

On busted RedSkins coverages within 3 plays. Unfortunately Orton managed to screw up hitting Royal wide open by 15 yds 50 yds down the field. I mean, how much more wide open did he have to be?

Broncos got terribly outcoached and outplayed by an undermanned, underwhelming Washington team without most of it's playmakers. The most utterly stupid fake FG ever run only happened to surprise a few people watching, most were on the Broncos sideline.

I really cannot state it any better... that was one of the worst coached plays i've ever seen and there was even a timeout to prepare between the 1st and 2nd attempts.

Almost every single word of this post is wrong.

Orton had like 70 or 80 yards that didn't come on those bomb plays. But regardless, THOSE PLAYS HAPPENED. What, should we discount all plays that are the result of busted coverage? Stupid, stupid argument. Orton took advantage of it. You're telling me that the coverage was absolutely perfect for every snap in the 2nd half when Simms was in there? No chance.

And regarding the special teams coaching: I find it hard to believe it was the coaches that told Alphonso Smith to just sit down and take a dump in the EZ all by himself on that play. He deserves some blame here for sure. He was probably just used to playing against Simms in practice and figure if he can't make that kind of throw, there's no way a punter can.

Ambiguous
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
If Simms does play we are going to get killed because the Chargers will just blitz him every play and he'll be a deer in headlights. I would give Tom the start and just let him throw downfield to Marshall, Royal, Gaffney and Stokes. McD needs to make a decision and fast. This season could slip away and to think we were 6-0 and looking pretty.

Sure they are going to do that. But what the hell makes you think TB is so much better at avoiding pressure? Did you even watch him in the preseason?

TailgateNut
11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Almost every single word of this post is wrong.

Just look at the author. How one can type while sucking on Jays' nuts and pretending to be a bronco fan is beyond me.

RaiderH8r
11-16-2009, 11:33 AM
The D is not so lacking in talent. I have to say this is another over reactive post.

We're rollin retreads. Not that they could have done a lot differently it just is the way it is. Denver's D was utter **** last year and retreading that did make it better but not such that it can go out and win games week after week and our offense has not show much in the way of improvement week after week. Yesterday's game started well enough but quickly devolved into a turdfest.

HemiEd
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Yes, the wheels are off. But, they stayed on much longer than anyone could have reasonably expected.

RaiderH8r
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes, the wheels are off. But, they stayed on much longer than anyone could have reasonably expected.

You grab the super glue and I'll grab the duct tape. If we can coax a few more wins out of this wreck we might just see post season football.

bpc
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Just look at the author. How one can type while sucking on Jays' nuts and pretending to be a bronco fan is beyond me.

I respect Jay, I don't blow him.

I feel the same about Shanahan. Does that make me a bad fan?

GTFO. I don't need to sip the coolaid to root for my team the way I best see fit.

HemiEd
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
You grab the super glue and I'll grab the duct tape. If we can coax a few more wins out of this wreck we might just see post season football.

LOL, I don't wish that.

Cito Pelon
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
The wheels haven't "officially come off" til the team has 7 losses.

bpc
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
This team looks like a wildcard team at best right now and even that is a stretch. Problem is, we've lost to Baltimore and Pittsburgh, probably the 5th and 6th seeds in the AFC this postseason which leaves us at home.

Winning this weekend is crucial. With the way we are playing, looks damn near impossible.

BroncoBuff
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I respect Jay, I don't blow him.

I feel the same about Shanahan. Does that make me a bad fan?

GTFO. I don't need to sip the coolaid to root for my team the way I best see fit.

Definitely. I just don't get why people here are so enraged at a reasonable evaluation of Jay, the same evaluation the majority of NFL general managers and coaches agree with.

To be honest, it's a definite sign of insecurity to be so seriously threatened by contrary opinions. And most of these guys are definitely threatened ... they don't merely disagree, they scream and wail and gnash their teeth, "You must agree Jay sucks or you're scum!"

Cue: "You suck, BroncoBuff, Jay throws a bunch of interceptions! We're right and everybody else is wrong!" :~ohyah!:

mhgaffney
11-16-2009, 12:41 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong -- but our problems with run D appear to have begun after McBean was hurt.

We are too thin and get worn down in the 2nd half.

NYBronco
11-16-2009, 02:08 PM

If Orton had overlooked the receivers on the busted Redskins coverage you would be complaning that he locks on to a receiver and needs to check down more or his arm strength lacks the ability to throw to a receiver that deep.

As far as over throwing Royal 15 yards on a 50 yard pass... how does that work when Orton doesn't have the arm strength to throw that deep? And yet the complaints continue.

With Orton injured I expected to see the Mane on fire on how this team is now fixed to the point of winning out. After all Orton has nothing to with our 6wins and everything to do with the 3 losses.